Festival Day 2.   Posted by Mr P.Group: 0
Mr. Main
 GM, 689 posts
Sat 1 Mar 2014
at 04:44
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: Aden is entangled -4 dex, -2 all attack rolls, move at half speed, can't run or charge, must make a concentration check dc 15 + spell level inorder to cast spells. everyone else is unaffected and can move normally. please post your actions for the first round. aden and Morien are at the opposite edges of the entangle effect. If you stay in the area of the effect you stand a chance to be effected by it again. I'll roll an attack vs your reflex def to see if it snares you.  Please post your first round actions. combat has begun.
Tamalie
 player, 328 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 1 Mar 2014
at 05:22
Re: Festival Day 2
Tamalie will attempt to back away from the area of entanglement while looking for the source of the cast spell.


23:19, Fri 28 Feb 2014: Tamalie rolled 17 using 1d20+2 ((15)).
Rolled a 17 for intiative.
Aden Bero
 player, 517 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 1 Mar 2014
at 07:08
Re: Festival Day 2
Round 1

Aden shouted, "What is this Tam???"  If it was stationary living foliage, maybe they could just bypass it.  The writhing undergrowth made the terrain difficult to move through as it was, and now he was entangled, slowed to a quarter of his usual speed.  Luckily the oracle could keep pace with Dustil in a foot race, and he was able to step outside the edge of the effect.  He looked for a target with his javelin, hoping Tam or someone could point to the threat.

Ooc: Tam, you can probably make a knowledge nature check to identify our enemy.
Will edit to finish my turn once others act, not sure if I should attack the two thick vines or if something else controls them...guessing latter.

Edit:
Aden hurls his javelin either at the vines, or a better target if he spots one.

If within 30' please add +1 to attack and damage rolls for point blank shot.
22:29, Today: Aden Bero rolled 13 using 1d20+4+2 heat vision. Perception.
22:30, Today: Aden Bero rolled 15(16pb) using 1d20+7. Jav attack, +1 if within 30'.
22:31, Today: Aden Bero rolled 6(7pb) using 1d6+3. Javelin damage, +1 if within 30'.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:27, Wed 05 Mar 2014.

Tamalie
 player, 329 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 1 Mar 2014
at 16:54
Re: Festival Day 2
Wth Aden's question, it prompts the druid that not everyone is familiar with the magic, and she offers, "An entanglement spell has this effect, but the really wild vines doing all the damage is pretty unusual. Look for the caster nearby. Anyone casting has to be able to see where we are."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 449 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 2 Mar 2014
at 17:17
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil didn't hesitate. He wanted to make sure everyone got out of the spell area alright, but survival and stopping the caster was important. So he tumbled and leaped his way out of the area of entanglement, looking for any hostiles as he went.

OOC: Moving out of the spell area. moving to the outside of the area first that he's closest to and then "forward".
Morien
 player, 389 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 3 Mar 2014
at 10:19
Re: Festival Day 2
 The spirits of the dead began to approach uncomfortably close to Dustil and Tamalie as Morien's power threatened to wash over them. Morien screamed in what sounded like agony as the whirling spirits of the condemned stopped just out of arm's length from them, clawing hungrily at them before Morien screamed, dragging them back into himself. He began to stagger further away from the group and out of range of the whirling vines, hacking at the offending plant life with his sword.

04:19, Today: Morien rolled 17 using 1d20+7. attack.
04:19, Today: Morien rolled 7 using 1d20+2. perception (find source).
21:04, Today: Morien rolled 14 using 2d6+4. damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:04, Tue 04 Mar 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 692 posts
Mon 3 Mar 2014
at 22:21
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: round 1 summary.
Order:
Morien
Tamlie
Dustil
ADen
Safia (?) she's not in the encounter, but if she comse back she can just drop in no trouble.
???


 


Morien shouts in anger and is suddenly surrounded by wailing spirits which quickly disappear as he hacks at the vine that had just missed him. Attack 17 vs vine ac is a hit. Morien let me know how much damage you deal

Tamalie withdraws from the grasping flora and looks about. Trying to find the source of the spell

Dustil also moved out of the clinging plants and then moved forward looking for enemies

Aden also then retreats. He brings his javelin up and is ready to hurl it, but holds trying to find a proper target. Not seeing anything other than the vines attacking morien aden hurls a javelin at the vines just barely clipping it, but it's enough to cause more sap to spill out.

The plant starts dripping a musky ill smelling sap from the wound morien inflicted. Both vines now swipe at him attacks 27(threat of crit. crit confirm 20. Not confirmed) and 14 vs morien ac. 27 hits 14 misses. Damage 9

Morien please roll damage for your attack and aden if you want to throw your javelin you may do so. just edit your last post and I'll edit the summary. everyone who has a perception check they want to roll. roll it and I'll pm you the info.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:30, Sun 09 Mar 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 450 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 01:55
Re: Festival Day 2
Sigh.
Aden Bero
 player, 520 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 5 Mar 2014
at 02:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Round 2

Aden continues to look about for a better target.  If nothing present itself, he draws another javelin and hurls it at the vines.  If the vines or target are between 30'-40', he will move to give himself momentum with his throw.
Free/Swift action?: Perception Check
-- 20:21, Today: Aden Bero rolled 9 using 1d20+6. Perception.
Move Action: Draw javelin, maybe while moving at least 10'
-- If best target is beyond 30' but within 40', Aden moves at least 10' to increase javelin range from 30' to 40' (see "strong arm, supple wrist" trait)
Standard Action: Javelin attack vs best target
-- 20:22, Today: Aden Bero rolled 24(25pb) using 1d20+7. Javelin attack, +1 if within 30'.
-- 20:22, Today: Aden Bero rolled 7(8pb) using 1d6+3. Javelin damage, +1 if within 30'.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:30, Thu 06 Mar 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 451 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 7 Mar 2014
at 14:37
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil, one outside the vines area, moves forward into the way they were traveling and looks around to see if he can spot the enemies anywhere.

07:37, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 29 using 1d20+10. Perception.
Morien
 player, 391 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 8 Mar 2014
at 05:37
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien continues a fighting retreat, trying to escape from the vines, cursing Aden's choice of forest as loudly and as obnoxiously as he could.

OOC: trying to get out of range

23:36, Today: Morien rolled 7 using 2d6+4. damage.

23:36, Today: Morien rolled 18 using 1d20+7. attack.
Mr. Main
 GM, 694 posts
Sun 9 Mar 2014
at 14:42
Re: Festival Day 2
Round 2 summary:
Morien
tam: ?
dusil
aden
safia: ?
???


Morien slashes at the vines attack 18 vs vine ac is a hit damage 7 tearing open yet another ragged gash before backing away. Provoking AoO: 22 vs morien's ac. damage 12 OOC: are you just moving away? doing so will provoke an AoO unless you tumble or have some other way to back out without provoking AoOs. you can withdraw instead and not make your attack and not provoke the AoO if you wish.

tamalie stands looking hither and yon.

Dustil stands in place as well looking around you can act if you wish dustil if you decide to I will count this as a delay and place you in the order after aden.

Aden draws and then hurls yet another javelin attack 24 vs ac is a hit damage 7 which strikes one of the vines attacking morien. It falls limb, but the second one drags the first one behind it as it advances trying to follow the fleeing morien. OOC: if morien decides to withdraw instead both vines will be able to make attacks if they come within range to.

OOC: round 2 summary is up. feel free to post round 3 and pm me dustil and Morien if you wish to make changes to your round 2 actions.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 454 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 04:34
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil sighed and stepped back towards Morien to help his ally out. He stepped back into the area and kicked out at the vines but kept himself in a somewhat defensive stance.

OOC: Crane Style, Fighting Defensively. And of course, a nat 20 followed by a nat 1 to confirm lol!
22:30, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 25 using 1d20+5. Defensive Unarmed Strike.
22:32, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 6 using 1d20+5. Critical Hit Confirm.
22:33, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 8 using 1d8+3. Unarmed damage.

Morien
 player, 392 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 05:20
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien staggers back from the lashing vines, severely wounded by them and does his best to escape.

OOC: getting out of range of the vines as best I can. Going to keep with my previous roll as I can't afford 2 more attacks against me.

HP remaining: 8
Aden Bero
 player, 522 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 11 Mar 2014
at 00:34
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden ran to aid Morien, his path avoiding the area threatened by the vines.  While on the move, he drew another javelin, grit his teeth, and hurled it at the offending flora.  It flew straight, at great speed.

Move Action: Toward Morien, avoid Vines' reach, avoid entangle effect, within 30' of Vines if possible.
-- If best target is beyond 30' but within 40', Aden moves at least 10' to increase javelin range from 30' to 40' (see "strong arm, supple wrist" trait)
Free Action: Draw javelin
Standard Action: Javelin attack vs vine, possible critical
-- 19:21, Today: Aden Bero rolled 27(28pb) using 1d20+7. Javelin attack, +1 if within 30'.
-- 19:21, Today: Aden Bero rolled 16(17pb) using 1d20+7. Javelin crit confirm, +1 if within 30'.
-- 19:22, Today: Aden Bero rolled 5(6pb) using 1d6+3. Javelin damage, +1 if within 30'.
-- 19:22, Today: Aden Bero rolled 7(8pb) using 1d6+3. Critical Javelin damage, +1 if within 30'.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:34, Tue 11 Mar 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 696 posts
Tue 11 Mar 2014
at 00:57
Re: Festival Day 2
Between Dustil's Kick and Aden's well flung javelin the last vines  falls to the ground in a heap. It twitches and spasms slightly before finally laying still covered in a stinky sticky sap.
Morien
 player, 393 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 11 Mar 2014
at 08:16
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien grunts and kneels, breathing hard and cursing under his breath. This has not been a particularly good day for him.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 455 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 11 Mar 2014
at 15:08
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil will back up and move over to Morien. "So...we havin' fun yet? An' that was just the WILDLIFE comin' after us! Wait'll we see REAL combat." He grinned widely but stayed out of arm's reach wisely.
Aden Bero
 player, 523 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 02:49
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden ran to Morien.  He chanted divine words, and with a gesture conjured an aura of healing that he placed upon his wounded comrade.  He also drew a scroll from a case stitched to his backpack.

19 hp restored to Morien
1 1st level spell and scroll of CLW expended

Cast Cure Light Wounds on Morien
21:43, Today: Aden Bero rolled 12 using 1d8+4. clw Morien.
Draw scroll and cast clw on Morien
21:47, Today: Aden Bero rolled 7 using 1d8+1. scroll clw morien.

Tamalie
 player, 331 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 03:11
Re: Festival Day 2
Feeling a little uncertain of what that was, or who caused it, the druid is still certain that someone is out there, ready to cast another spell. Keeping an eye open, she stays away from the area where the vines were most active. Just in case there's more to it, or they can regenerate.

Not wanting to draw too much attention, she doesn't call out, but silently looks around.
Morien
 player, 394 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 03:45
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien rose to his feet silently as the healing light suffused into his body. "Well, the mages most certainly outdid themselves with the hostile forest."
Aden Bero
 player, 524 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 16:29
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden laughed softly, his visor covered eyes looking about, scanning for additional threats. "Aye, I imagine the others would've frozen to death by now if we'd gone with a blizzard, as strong as these effects have proved to be. Maybe leave the weed-wacking to our enemies from here on out?"

The oracle called to Tam, just loud enough to be heard, "Any idea what that vine was?"

Ooc: Tam, we're really gonna need your knowledge nature and survival skills (I assume you have high points in both) to minimize the resources we expend moving throug this forest. You can always make those checks to identify threats/obstacles, including identifying enemies tied to knowledge nature. That will apply to most, if not all encounters in this forest.

As Aden suggested earlier, we may want to reconsider Morien taking point, considering our surroundings. Tam and Dustil may make a better lead.

Mr. Main
 GM, 697 posts
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 13:05
Re: Festival Day 2
After looking around carefully Tamalie starts to think that their might not be a caster out there. with the visibility of the forest at only around 40 feet or so It would be real difficult to control the vine and place the an entangle effect while still remaining hidden.

So morien is healed and bit and you guys take a couple rounds to catch your breath what now?
Aden Bero
 player, 525 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 15:36
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden continues, "We should move on, and put some distance between us and whatever made that angry roar.  I may not be a druid, but I know large and Hangry when I hear it."  He paused looking at the others, then explained. "Hangry... you know.  Hungry plus angry....  We've all been there."

"Anyways, Tam, Dustil, you guys want point?"
  Aden collected his two javelins, pulling them out of the vines and wiping the sappy goup of their innards on the undergrowth.  One he stowed, the other he kept at the ready.
Tamalie
 player, 333 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 02:09
Re: Festival Day 2
Quietly, she looks to Dustil, nodding her head to let him know she's up for the request. She doesn't relish the idea of being first to run into danger, but she's hopeful she'll be able to move quick enough out of the area without being followed as easily back. And she's very confident of her ability to figure out this forest, and which way to head, so that's another advantage in not having to yell directions from the back of the group.

Stepping forward with Dustil, she'll take point for the group, heading around the vine entangled area, and then straight towards the fort.