Festival Day 2.   Posted by Mr P.Group: 0
Mr P
 GM, 36 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 16:35
Festival Day 2
The night passes all to quickly and the dawn brings with it a whole new day of festivities. The square comes alive with the sounds of vendors and spectators that all crowd the forum for the new days commencement.

The group meets up in a tent just outside the commencement platform and see a modest fair left out in the open for the group. A dour looking pair of guards stand at attention within along with what the group recognizes as Sir Silas Wade. He stands as the first of you arrive and speaks, "Hail, champions. I'm sorry to interrupt you but I must ask you some questions about a known associate of yours."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 402 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 17:36
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil was feeling good. He had a full flask and a slightly full stomach - never overeat when you have a full day in front of you his sensei used to say. He was still in high spirits, however. He looked for his companions with a smile on his face and greeted them!

When the guards and Sir Wade spoke to them, Dustil turned to look at him slowly. He didn't want to be suspicious but the way the questions was phrased and the person asking made him a bit so. "Suuuuuure. Who?"
Morien
 player, 340 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 23 Nov 2013
at 08:11
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien was silent. He seemed not even to be his usual foul tempered self. He was there physically but his mind was leagues away. When he was approached, his attention briefly returned but he said nothing.
Tamalie
 player, 298 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 23 Nov 2013
at 13:33
Re: Festival Day 2
Excited about the day, the druid is up early, preparing herself, and cleaning up for the day. While, she is disappointed in her own results, she's sure this day will turn things around and she'll be able to participate more.

Heading to the Festival square, Tamalie can't wait to see everyone again, and is very friendly, waving, smiling, and saying good morning to each as they come in. A hug accompanies each good morning. If time permits, she'll even ask if anyone has heard rumors of anything about the day yet.

And when Silas Wade approaches them with a question, she's a little surprised, and wonders what is the connection. "Associate of ours, or mine?" She questions, wondering if he was talking to her or all of them.
Aden Bero
 player, 465 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 23 Nov 2013
at 20:04
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden woke that day per routine, engaging in his meditations with the rising sun, they mysterious divine powers he struggled with renewed.  He did his best to push aside troubles nagging at his thoughts, and enjoyed a sufficient breakfast before taking to the streets.

Out in the thick of Arcadia, his troubles were soon forgotten.  He felt alive amongst the crowds, and waved at adoring fans and booing onlookers alike, sporting his most winning smile.  He wondered if Sara would be amongst the crowds today, laughing to himself about the debt he would soon come to collect. Let her wait. He liked her confidence, and didn't feel any need to add to it by seeking her out too quickly.

Arriving at the challenger tent, what should have been rousing hello's and motivational speeches were immediately cut short as law enforcement came striding up to rain on their parade. Hearing the request, Aden replied, "Aye, if you 'must,' then let's get on with it."
Mr. Main
 GM, 637 posts
Sun 24 Nov 2013
at 03:26
Re: Festival Day 2
Don't know why Mr P had Sir Silas Wade come speak to you. But moving on.

Sir Silas Wade motions and a couple guard Member come up and lead the group away from the pavilion. they clear the way through the crowd rather efficently and lead you out of the heart of Arcadia and over to the docks. But before you reach them they lead you down an alley and curve around back closer to the city. Eventually leading you down to where several canals meet together. There is a stone ramp leading down into the water. Near by you can see a steel grate covering what appears to be an entrance into some sewers. Not far from the bottom of the ramp you see several members of the guard and what seems like pieces of a body and a lot of Blood spread around.

OOC: every please make perception checks.

"Please wait here while we get the Captain." and they walk off towards the group of guardsmen leaving you alone for a little bit. They head towards a woman with black hair and grey eyes. She is wearing a cloak with the guard insignia on it and and what looks like a very fine shirt of silvery mail.
Morien
 player, 341 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 24 Nov 2013
at 04:17
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien bristles at the sight of the blood and his associates could hear a low growl echo from within the armor. However, he says nothing.


15:14, Today: Morien rolled 10 using 1d20+2. perception.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:14, Sun 24 Nov 2013.

Aden Bero
 player, 466 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 24 Nov 2013
at 16:15
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden immediately tenses up, an inferno waiting to explode.

10:14, Today: Aden Bero rolled 23 using 1d20+4. perception.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 403 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 24 Nov 2013
at 19:32
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil is a bit confused. He isn't sure what's going on and why they are being taken from their 2nd day of competing. Are they about to bearrested for something? He stays quiet for the moment, though he does look a bit disgusted at the seeing the torn-up body.

12:31, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 13 using 1d20+10. Perception.
Safia
 player, 36 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 24 Nov 2013
at 23:25
Re: Festival Day 2

Safia followed along with the others as the guard led them to the canals. She gave Morien a sidelong look as they walked, concern furrowed in her brow. Something seemed amiss with the Frost Lord. She was about to inquire as to his welfare when her attention wavered, turned toward the bloodstained scene that lay before them. While they waited for the Captain—the grey-eyed woman, she presumed—Safia surveyed their surroundings with a curious eye. Who did the bloodied body parts belong to? What associate of theirs did the guard wish to question them about? Why had they been brought here? Was it possible the victim was someone they knew?

17:02, Today: Safia rolled 10 using 1d20+2. Perception.