The Drunken Monkey.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Mr. Main
 GM, 1028 posts
Sun 26 Apr 2015
at 17:03
The Drunken Monkey.
Thanks to the games and the patronage of Team Arcadia The Drunken Monkey is busier than it has been in a while. As Aden walks in the Drawven waitress Bess Leads him over to a table that has been reserved for the team and as soon as he sits down he finds that there is an Ale on the table for him. Felece had dropped it off as she passed by, giving Aden a nod as she continues on her way handing out drinks and food to the various patrons.

OOC: since you guys come back here so often I decided the monkey deserved it's own thread. anyone who accompanied Aden feel free to post that you did so and sit down next to him if you wish.
Aden Bero
 player, 859 posts
 HP 12/45
 Flame Juggler
Sun 26 Apr 2015
at 18:01
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden smiles and thanks Bess, and gives Felece a wink as she walks on. The ale tastes good after one hell of a day.  Not as good as when Morien frosts it for him though.  The oracle waits for his companions to come in, idly looking at the faces in the establishment.  It'd be great if he noticed a certain red haired fire sorceress amongst the patrons.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 741 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 26 Apr 2015
at 18:42
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil rolled in to the Drunken Monkey like he owned the place. Well, not quite, but he had a smile on his face and it looked like a homecoming almost. And well, he was living there, renting out a room so it sort of was.

He moved up to Aden and clapped him on the back. "Man it's good to have a little downtime, even if only a few hours. I need t'get my drink tonight, and relax. Today was kinda stressful an' painful!" He ordered a large ale. "An' a new challenge t'morrow, plus we gotta figure out the gauntlet at some point. An' then there's the Emblem Hunt. An', an', an'...Man almost feels like a JOB!" He let out a laugh!

This message was last edited by the player at 18:45, Sun 26 Apr 2015.

Aden Bero
 player, 860 posts
 HP 45/45
 Flame Juggler
Sun 26 Apr 2015
at 19:04
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden laughed with him.  Behind the laugh, though, he thought about the murdered friend of Tam and Safia's from that morning.  He thought about the Zsasz killer, that had tried to murder Cylithrea and instead killed a knight of the Radiant Dawn.

Aden had tried to keep things as simple as possible for a long time.  His life was complicated enough as it was, with his divine nature and past.  But lately, the complications were just piling up.

Nothing to do but enjoy the moment, prepare for the future, and accept that most of it was out of his control.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 157 posts
Sun 26 Apr 2015
at 19:14
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 3):

Drazgar walked in.


Barkeep, ale please.
Yanyeeku
 player, 143 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 09:17
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Yanyeeku lazily sauntered into the Drunken Monkey and over to where Aden and Dustil were, casually fanning himself as he sprawled in a chair. "Well that was certainly an interesting experience."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 742 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 16:31
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil raised his ale and looked at his friends. "A toast!" He waited until they raised their mugs with him as well. "To absent friends, worthy foes, awaiting glory and the good we can do for others." He raised an eyebrow to see if any of them had anything to add.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 158 posts
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 17:06
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 7):

Drazgar nurses his ale like it is a life giving elixir.
Aden Bero
 player, 861 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 17:52
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
"To Team Arcadia and the city we represent!"

Aden wanted to discuss their next plans on how to prepare for tomorrow, but he didn't want to do so here in the Drunken Monkey where so many people could easily overhear. He suggested that after they were refreshed, they head to The Temple of Many Mysteries to discuss next plans.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 159 posts
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 19:31
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 9):

To  urp Team Arcadia and the city.



Drazgar sloshes with them to the temple.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1030 posts
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 22:15
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
AS soon as each of you sat down there was a drink placed on the table for you. Soon followed by a second. Most of the crowd in the bar cheered at your toast and joined in. In particular many people walked over t dustil and shook his hand, clapped him on the back and bought him drinks. Complimenting him on his fight with the half-orc Turgen Second in command of the Blackswords. Apparently Turgen is kinda famous. One person, an old merc or so the man claims, tells you how Turgen earned his nick-name tiger-eater. Once while drunk and taking a dump in the woods a tiger attacked him. He wrestled with it barehanded before finally killing it by biting it's throat out.
Aden Bero
 player, 862 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 23:01
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden claps Dustil on the back, joining in with the surrounding fans. "Aye, our Dustil here packs one hell of a punch.  Just you ladies and gentleman wait, though.  Tomorrow you'll see a whole new set of tricks from us!"

Aden dismisses the idea of the group going to the temple, apparently he's reconsidered.  "We should find someplace quiet to discuss our next moves.  Maybe Hewitt's Haven?"

Everyone chip in if you want to relocate, and Mr. Main can move us along when he decides nothing else is going on here at the Monkey. I figure us re-hashing the gauntlet and planning next steps around a big crowd of strangers is a bad idea.

Safia:
Hewitt's Haven

A good shouting distance away from The Drunken Monkey, and at the very end of the thoroughfare, sits an ancient oak tree of mountainous proportion and abundant shade. It is surrounded by a park-like setting of soft grass, flower gardens, public benches, and bubbling fountains. It is not your average, ordinary, run of the mill tree. No. This monolithic anomaly houses one of the city’s finest libraries, with a collection as ancient as the rings that cut through the cross section of its massive trunk.

Hanging above the gaping knothole entryway is a sign that simply reads, “Hewitt’s Haven”. A spiral staircase leads one down below the tangle of roots into the many lamp-lit caverns and crooks and crannies full of shelves after shelves after shelves of recorded knowledge, various tales of fiction, and whatever the mind might fathom. Among the scrolls, tomes, maps, hand-bound journals and the like, lies a collection of artifacts—an adventurer’s gallery—and beyond that are passageways and rooms of countless mystery and surprises.

The proprietor, Hewitt Tometapster, is a cheerful, elderly gnome-fellow with an insatiable thirst for knowledge; he is a keeper of secrets. Hewitt also enjoys storytelling, poetry, music, and good mead. His favored brew is known to be that which is paid for by someone other than himself, and most townsfolk are happy to oblige.


Dustil Kraye
 player, 743 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 23:50
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil shook his head about his fight, "That half-orc was a BEAST! You could've knocked me over with a FEATHER at the end of that fight, I was so surprised! I thought one more blow would finish me for certain the way he hit! A VERY good fight!"

He was all smiles and tankards of ale at first. Then his brow furrowed slightly as he looked down for a moment. His face darkened slightly with anger and his non-mug-filled hand crumpled into a fist. The moment quickly passed, however, and he took another long swallow of ale.

He shrugged at Aden's talk of moving locales. "I assume you wannna go there t'possibly look up information?"

He scratched his nose in thought. "I wish Tam an' Safia would come back." He cleared his throat. "We can do that. I'm up for whatever, but I have t'go meet someone either before or afterwards."
Aden Bero
 player, 863 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 28 Apr 2015
at 00:18
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden noticed Dustil's tension.  It had been a tense day. "After. Lets figure out our next moves before we disperse.  And maybe someone should go with you." Aden hadn't forgotten that Morien was attacked while on his own.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 160 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2015
at 01:01
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 14):

What, not drink? I guess.
Drazgar slams his drink and another. If there is a waitress going by with another drink he puts a gold in her cleavage for the drink as he takes that and slams it as well.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1031 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2015
at 04:58
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
 Drazgar reaches over and stuffs his hands down a red-headed half-elf's shirt. She stops, turns to him, smiles and then tosses the contents of a bowl of hot soup into Draz'gar's face. ranged touch attack 16 vs draz'gars touch ac is a hit. damage 2. attack 17 vs draz'gar fort defense misses. The soup in your face does not blind or daze you. The are gasps, cheers, roars of laughter and more than a few insults, all directed at draz'gar, from the crowd.

"Next time you'll lose the hand." the half-elf threatens.
Yanyeeku
 player, 144 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Tue 28 Apr 2015
at 12:23
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
"Hewitt's sounds like a good idea." Yan agreed, only having had the one drink. Seeing Drazgar in action and smirking slightly, he slid his second drink over to him. He nodded over at Aden as  the Oracle mentioned that Dustil shouldn't be travelling alone. From what they had told him at their initial meeting, the advice seemed wise. "He's got a point Dustil. I doubt you'll want us all there though, so we should at least pair off."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 744 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 28 Apr 2015
at 14:54
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil laughed uproariously when Drazgar was given a comeuppance! "You should learn better manners! You've gotten adept at not making friends everywhere you go!" He grinned a moment longer and drank the rest of his ale down.

To Aden and Yan he gave a shrug. "If someone wants to come along, they may. Hell, I don't care if you all come, though the meeting itself will likely be private. It might not be a bad idea to have someone there to stop me just in case."

He didn't elaborate but instead stood up. "Shall we then?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 161 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2015
at 18:28
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 16):

OOC:
To be accurate my hand never went down her shirt I just dropped the coin down the top of her shirt

This message was last edited by the player at 18:28, Tue 28 Apr 2015.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1032 posts
Wed 29 Apr 2015
at 16:50
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
OOC:
Drazgar In'lyndl:
he puts a gold in her cleavage for the drink as he takes that and slams it as well.


unless Draz'gar is hawkeye from the avengers, the likelihood that draz'gar could place a coin in a passing waitresses cleavage without putting his hands down her shirt is pretty remote.


The group finishes their drinks and stands up. Many people in the crowd try to get you to stay. offering to buy you food and drinks, wanting to hear about your experience with the other teams and in the festival so far. Some even start booing as you make your way to the door. trying to make you feel guilty about leaving your fans.

"Shut it!" Bear shouts. "there busy trying to win so don't give 'em any flak or I'll toss ya out." His comments quiet the crowd a bit, but not totally. They make way for you to leave at least.

Please tell me where you guys are going. I'm going to start making separate threads for places you head to often. otherwise it'll be in the festial day X thread as normal.
Aden Bero
 player, 864 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 29 Apr 2015
at 22:08
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
We are going to Hewitt's Haven before splitting up.

As the group is departing the Monkey, Aden attempts to leave their fans with a little something.

Performing an acrobatic jump onto one of the tables, nimbly avoiding knocking over food or beverage, Aden shouts out, "Fear not, loyal fans from the most amazing city in the alliance! Although it breaks our hearts to leave you, especially in the midst of a wonderful celebration, we do so to pad our already considerable lead over those other pretenders!"  Pause for hopeful cheering and dramatic effect.

"And rest assured, once our all but certain victory is clinched, we shall join you in the greatest celebration this city has ever seen!!"  With that the oracle picks a drink off the table, raising it aloud and roaring, "FOORRRR ARCADIAAAAAAAAAA!!!"  And takes a hearty swig with those that join in.

He hops down from the table, gives a final flourish, and heads out with his companions.

17:05, Today: Aden Bero rolled 29 using 1d20+16. acrobatic jump in tavern.
17:05, Today: Aden Bero rolled 13 using 1d20+12. diplomacy.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 162 posts
Wed 29 Apr 2015
at 23:35
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 21):

Drazgar jumps on another table and starts to dance for a few minutes indicating the rhythm of several well known bardic songs in case there are some bards in the Monkey to entertain the crowd while we are gone. After a few minutes whether music has started or not Drazgar leaves with party.



OOC: Perform(dance): 13
Yanyeeku
 player, 145 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Thu 30 Apr 2015
at 00:03
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Yan looked at the dancing Drazgar, not entirely sure if his companion was drunk or not. He grimaced  slightly at the display, slipping out and trying to pretend as if he didn't know the dancer. Besides, Aden had the dramatic speech well in hand with his outro, who was he to step on the Oracle's toes?
Dustil Kraye
 player, 745 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 30 Apr 2015
at 00:43
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil rolled his eyes but gave an amused snort at Aden's antics. He muttered to the Oracle when he was done, "Yer such a ham!" He rolled his eyes again at Drazgar but turned and left without watching the whole thing. He had other things on his mind, after all.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 171 posts
Wed 20 May 2015
at 02:29
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 24):

Drafter reenters and asks for a refill.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1045 posts
Wed 20 May 2015
at 02:33
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Draz'gar reenters the Monkey on his own and get's a mug of ale in hand almost as soon as he asks for one.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 172 posts
Wed 20 May 2015
at 03:13
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 26):

Drazgar pours it in his Holy mug and hands back the empty.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1047 posts
Sat 23 May 2015
at 15:09
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
The empty mug gets taken away.

OOC: not exactly sure what you want to do. If you feel like just getting smashed well then have at it. otherwise please let me know.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 173 posts
Sat 23 May 2015
at 17:55
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 28):

Technically, Drazgar is going to sit and worship.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1052 posts
Mon 25 May 2015
at 14:37
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
After a few minutes another mug of ale appears on the table in front of you.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 176 posts
Mon 25 May 2015
at 16:02
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 30):

Drazgar fills his Holy mug and continues.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1054 posts
Tue 26 May 2015
at 22:40
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
A few minutes later another mug is placed on the table in front of drazgar.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 756 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 15 Jun 2015
at 18:55
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil walked in to the Drunken Monkey after about an hour. He didn't look very happy or even what one might call pleased. He immediately ordered the strongest ale available and downed it quickly.
Aden Bero
 player, 893 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 15 Jun 2015
at 23:32
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden and Yan entered Shortly after.  Aden dragged the bard into a the back room of the bar, and proceeded to detect magic on the pair until he was as certain as he could be that Adrian and his allies hadn't put any type of detection, tracking, or listening spell on them.

detect magic

Once reasonably convinced, the pair came back out to dustil and drazgar.  "We got the scroll. When we have some free time, one of us can sit down and read this thing while the others listen and try to make sense of it."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 179 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2015
at 04:18
Re: The Drunken Monkey.

Drazgar joins Aden and the bard at the table.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 757 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 16 Jun 2015
at 15:29
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil's jaw clenched for just a moment but he kept his face impassive and he spoke in a low voice. "I was made an offer. Several offers technically. I made a promise to at least tell the team about it so that the team could decide if they wish to take it or not. If you are willing to hear the person out, I can lead you to him. Personal feelings towards the person aside, the potential gains could be...great in return for...information."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 180 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2015
at 15:50
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 36):


Um, what kind of person? My actions are led by more then feelings. There are persons that I can not associate with.
Aden Bero
 player, 894 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 17 Jun 2015
at 01:42
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden rolled his eyes at the paladin's remark. He'd never liked the whole "holier than thou" attitude paladins and stuffy priests clothed themselves in. And some oracles for that matter.

Of course, there were some truly sick, evil people Aden wanted to punch in the face.  Fuckin' Adrian M'vashti.  He really needed some clarification on what that creepy guy had said.

"What's the deal, Dustil?  You're not one for double-talk.  I trust you, so tell us what's on your mind."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 758 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 17 Jun 2015
at 02:47
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil looked around the room, trying to make it look like a casual mover as he sipped his ale. "I'm tryin' t'keep it down so word don't get out. We can go private if ya want first, but it don't hurt t'listen." He was unwilling to say more in public.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1069 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2015
at 22:58
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden spends about a minute scanning himself and Yanyeeku with detect magic. He notices a few aura's but they seem to correspond to the items the two adventures possess. It doesn't look like anyone is magically spying on them. At least not with some sort of enchantment or other effect that is on either of their persons.

AS the group sits at their table and starts talking quietly every so often a couple drinks, paid for by another patron of the bar, are placed on the table as the serving girls pass by.

the bar is loud enough that casual conversation shouldn't be overheard, but then again if someone is specifically trying to eavesdrop who knows what they could hear?

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:01, Wed 17 June 2015.

Yanyeeku
 player, 154 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Wed 17 Jun 2015
at 23:52
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
"We could always find somewhere quieter to talk. Bit noisy in here Yanyeeku commented quietly, pitching his voice below the sounds of the patrons.
Aden Bero
 player, 896 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Thu 18 Jun 2015
at 02:35
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
"Alright, I'm sure we can use the backroom here.  Or head down to Hewit's Haven for some privacy."  Aden went to check if the back room was clear, and if so waved the group over.  Otherwise, they could head on down the street to the big library tree.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 759 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 18 Jun 2015
at 04:14
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil gave a shrug. "C'mon. I have a room here, remember?" He gave a wave for them to follow and he lead them up to his room. It wasn't extremely large, but it was big enough that they could all stand in.

He crossed his arms over his chest and looked at the floor. "Revard Janos. He's the leader of one of the other teams. I've...had a run-in with him previously. I owe him a debt." He looked uncomfortable. "But that doesn't matter for the moment. He wants to offer our team a deal. Information about the Gauntlet and/or the option to let his team get first crack at the Gauntlet tomorrow in exchange for money, emblems, information about the murder we're looking in to, etc. To be clear, he doesn't directly have information regarding the murder but he's well-connected and can scare it up or at least the people to talk to. That sort of thing."

He shrugged with his arms still over his chest, still not really looking at anyone. "I didn't promise him anything beyond the fact that I'd let you know he was interested in making a deal and that I'd try to get you to at least go listen to his offer. But I wouldn't speak for the team."
Aden Bero
 player, 899 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 21 Jun 2015
at 17:20
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
"I don't like the idea of helping another team win.  What's everyone else think?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 184 posts
Sun 21 Jun 2015
at 18:20
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 44):

Yeah, letting another team win seems weak.
Safia
 player, 58 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Fri 26 Jun 2015
at 21:58
Re: The Drunken Monkey.

Paperwork—it had set a grumbly edge to her mood. With her hood pulled forward, blonde tresses tucked away within the fabric’s folds, Safia slipped into the side/back door of the Drunken Monkey. Her blue eyes scanned the room for Dustil, the one person who always made her feel better on the inside when she felt like growling at the world. In par with her day, Dustil was nowhere to be found.

Safia let out a puff of breath and turned toward the stairs, making her way up to Dustil’s room. She stood outside his door for a moment, knuckles poised to rap on wood. She hesitated, debating whether or not to ask him to accompany her to the Temple of the Divine. Would there be time before the next round of the games? She supposed there was only one way to find out. She knocked, hoping to see his smiling face.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 762 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 26 Jun 2015
at 22:21
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil shook his head, "No. That's not what we'd be doing. We'd be looking at getting some Emblems, and/or money, and/or information about the killer out there in exchange for giving some information....but not enough to allow them to beat the Gauntlet. And-"

There was a knock at his door. Dustil turned to look at the interruption to his sentence with a frown. But then he shrugged and walked over and opened it since he had friends with him he wasn't worried about who it might be.

That, however, didn't prepare him for who it was. A smile split his face and he nearly-yelled out, "SAFIA!" before he scooped her up in a tight hug, spinning her in to the room and setting her down. "Good t'see ya again, lady."
Safia
 player, 59 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 28 Jun 2015
at 20:44
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 47):

A soft utterance escaped her as she was scooped, squeezed and spun, before being plunked down again. Her hood fell back in the process, leaving her standing there with mussy blonde hair and an uncommon smile. “It’s good to see you, too, Dustil.” Her words were rife with sincerity.

Safia noticed they weren’t alone.

“Hey, Aden.” She gave him the remnants of her smile. “Nice footwork with the gauntlet blades. I had no idea you could jump so high.”

The other, white-haired one received a glance and a nod, before she looked back to Dustil. She decided her business could wait. “What are you up to?"
Yanyeeku
 player, 156 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Sun 28 Jun 2015
at 21:14
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
"I kind of don't like giving out information on the gauntlet as it is. For all we know, what we give them will be exactly what they need to win the gauntlet." Yanyeeku had responded with the group, remaining silent as Dustil began his response. He was interrupted by knocking at the door, which was a surprise.

As the monk let in a hooded figure after an embrace, he blinked  in surprise. He soon got a name, but not much beyond that. Evidently the two were close friends though.
Safia
 player, 60 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 28 Jun 2015
at 23:26
Re: The Drunken Monkey.

Before Dustil replied, her gaze shifted briefly. Blue eyes found tawny, framed by short orange hair. She had been so preoccupied with thoughts of Jace, she hadn’t even noticed the one who tamed the minotaur. Her eyes flicked approvingly to the many daggers on his belt, then lifted in silent greeting.
Aden Bero
 player, 902 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 28 Jun 2015
at 23:31
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden smiled back at Safia though there was a bit of sadness in his eyes.  The day had been extremely busy (felt like about a 1.5 years packed into a day), but the grisly death site of that poor kid Jace was still very much on Aden's mind.

"Hey Safia, thanks. I started training in acrobatics years ago, to add to my performances."  The performing juggler was far from a one-trick pony.  "Where ya been all day? Oh yeah, this is Yanyeeku and Drazgar.  The city brought them onto the team to fill out our ranks."

Aden looked to Dustil to fill in Safia on what they'd been discussing.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 763 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 30 Jun 2015
at 18:18
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil gave a nod to everyone and then looked back at Safia. "So. Are ya back on the team? And like Aden asked, where have ya been, pretty lady? We've missed you. An' with what's been goin' on, I'd like t'know whatcha been up to, an' if yer safe."
Safia
 player, 62 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Fri 3 Jul 2015
at 05:43
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
“I’m safe,” she replied to Dustil’s last question first, and couldn’t resist teasing her friend, “as long as you don’t lift me off the floor again.” Her attention shifted briefly to Yanyeeku and Drazgar. “It’s good to meet you in person,” she said, before looking back to Aden and Dustil.

A shadow of solemnity settled within eyes of blue. “I just left the guard headquarters before I came here. I was hoping to claim Jace’s things... hoping to find something within his personal effects that might lend a clue.” A small, frustrated sigh escaped her. “As it turns out, I have to fill out a bunch of forms and have someone at the Temple of the Divine perform a certified divination on me before they’ll release Jake’s things into my care. Of course, that’s only if I’m certified as divine, or something to that effect.  Before that, I spent the better part of the day at Hewitt’s Haven, studying mostly. I... I had to do something to make sense of what happened to Jace. I discovered more of the maniac who crafted the Zsasz knives. It was actually his own weapon that drove him mad, a self-inflicted wound that festered. There are people, descendants of victims, who seek out the remaining knives in order to destroy them. The last knives this Zsasz person made are more dangerous, as if they’re enchanted, but they’re not.” She looked to Aden.

“I don’t know if you already knew any of that, or if it even truly helps to find Jace’s killer, but there is something else... I could be wrong, but I think the killer is mimicking Zsasz’s madness in order to lure him out of the grave, to summon him. I don’t know if we’re dealing with a fanatic, some wretched, witless soul who sees this monster as a hero, or if this person has a specific reason to raise the evil dead. What I do know is that whoever killed Jace is an amateur caster, which is a very dangerous thing when it comes to ritual magic. ...I think Jace was murdered so horrifically in order to please Zsasz, to entice him to appear. What do you guys think? Have you found out anything while I was elsewhere?”

Safia didn’t bother to tell them that after studying, and before attempting to wade through ‘red tape’ at the guard headquarters, she had scouted out all of Jace’s past haunts—those that she knew of, anyway. But diplomacy wasn’t her thing, and she hadn’t had much luck in getting anyone to talk to her.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 185 posts
Fri 3 Jul 2015
at 16:25
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Safia (msg # 53):

Draught looks Safia over.


Bright you seem to be, that should make our carousing lighter.
Aden Bero
 player, 903 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Fri 3 Jul 2015
at 17:26
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden answered, "Honestly, I hadn't considered the Zsasz copycat and Jace's murder were connected.  Today's been too busy to think, but it seems obvious." Aden caught Safia up on what they'd encountered so far....

page 18-19 of the Meeting with the Dawn Thread

With the radiant dawn, discussing our attempt to use Tamalie as bait to draw out the killer, getting info from the Black Seers, and speaking with the Zsasz Victim Family Foundation:
Aden Bero:
"Following up on Morien's account, Kyle Luther is a knife collector and vendor, and it turns out that he has a Zsasz knife in his stock.  Negotiations to see the knife went south.  We visited the memorial for the original Zsasz murders to see if we could find any trace or connection to the current killer, but turned up nothing."

"We then used Tamalie as bait, thought we found our killer, but it turned out to be a young mugger.  She suggested we try and ask around about new people in town, as no one from Arcadia would be foolish enough to murder a paladin. But, considering this city is swollen with newcomers for the games, it seems a pretty unlikely tactic."


To Morien, Aden inquired, "Care to shed some light on these contacts?" Why does the ice prince always have to be so secretive?? Aden thought.


Morien:
Morien half raises a hand before speaking. "There is something we can try... but there is a price to be paid."

 He remains silent for a few moments, as though struggling with whether or not he should give out this information. "Within Arcadia live five sisters, called the Blackfrost Seers. They know things, they see that which others cannot. They can help us... but they always demand a price."


Mr. Main:
"You think we want him any less? But, all the passion in the world doesn't change the facts. If we are lucky he's a deluded crazy psychopath. Then he'll pop up again targeting a similar victim and we can start to track him and hedge him in based upon the areas he prowls. If he isn't. Then there was a specific reason why he targeted this girl. He'll keep a low profile and wait for his chance to go after her again or he ran and is gone for good. Without any real information about the killer or a reason why this woman Cylithrea was targeted all we can do is wait for him to move again. Unless you have any ideas."


Mr. Main:
"Fortune tellers? I'm not going to belittle your beliefs, but I think we might need something more concrete then the ramblings of some soothsayers."

"Stephan, I don't see how this could hurt. The worst that happens is that they waste the time of our brave volunteers. If you truly feel they can give you a lead feel free to ask them. As for the memorial comity I'll send a letter to old Jaspar. He's one of the founder's and a friend of mine. I don't know what they can do, but if they can help they probably will."


Morien:
Morien sighed. "If we go to see them, we will need to bring Cylithrea or something that she owns, preferably something that carries a piece of her with it... like a hairbrush."

Morien:
"They have a tent on the outskirts of town, in an opening by the canal. We actually passed by it when we first entered the city by boat."

Morien:
"It may be best if we go to the organization that destroys these knives first though. Having a piece of a knife... or a whole knife for that matter... would work far better than Cylithea's brush.

 ... though I should warn you. Pay as much heed to which sister speaks as to what is said. Three sisters peer into time, past, present, and future. One hears lore now lost, and one finds that which needs be found."


 When he spoke the last, it sounded almost like something he recited from memory.

Mr. Main:
Percival sends an aide to get a quill, ink and paper. Once he has those he begins to write up the letter. He then seals it with the pommel of a small silver dagger. He then hands it over to one of you whoever is closet or indicates they want it.

<brown>"It looks like this debriefing is at it's end. Thank you for your assistance last night. though we did not lure the culprit out we appreciate the effort and enthusiasm. If you discover anything new please share it with us. If you'll excuse me."</brown. and with that the stern captain known as Stephan left.

OOC: Ok once I figure out what time it is exactly I'll be moving you along to meeting with the victim's memorial organization. if there is any last thing you wish to say or do with the pallies now is the time.


THE ZSASZ VICTIM FAMILY FOUNDATION

Mr. Main:
"Wish I could be of help, but once we destroy a knife the pieces are not kept. They are either entirely slagged, thrown into the river or reused to forge something else; usually construction material."

"A couple of the families may have kept pieces."

"I guess it's possible."

Mr. Main:
"Alright, we'll see if we have anything in our records that mentions any families keeping shards. Cally, start checking while I finish up here. Where can we send word to you if we find anything. this could take hours maybe longer."


We're basically waiting on the foundation to send word of someone that might have kept some pieces of a recoverd zsasz knife.
Safia
 player, 63 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sat 4 Jul 2015
at 04:16
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Bright you seem to be, that should make our carousing lighter.

“My intelligence does not determine the weight of another’s carousing,” she informed, her attention momentarily diverted by the Drow’s odd drivel. It was times like these in which Safia truly understood subjects of past research. Namely, that black-hearted and chaotic male drow are the most likely candidates for the life of a loner. “Riotously drunken merrymaking is determined by the fill of one’s cup and behavioral, temperamental, emotional and mental attributes of the drinker.”

The furrow in her brow remained as she turned to Aden. “Why wait on the Foundation?” she asked, putting forth an alternate plan to all in the room. “Come with me to the Temple of the Divine. If I receive a certified divination from them, then we can bring Jace’s things and Cylithrea, if she’s willing, to these Blackfrost Seer sisters. We might not have a piece of a Zsasz knife, but we would have items that were on Jace’s person when he was murdered in a ritualistic manner. Whatever price these sisters demand, I will give it to them if it helps us to find Jace’s killer.” ...or killers, she thought, recalling the brutality of the crime. “I only hope they’re not too terribly cryptic.”
Aden Bero
 player, 904 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 5 Jul 2015
at 05:10
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden countered, "I don't want to waste time either, Safia.  However many culprits there are, I want them off the street fast.  But we may only have one shot with these Blackfrost Seers, so a little patience to have the items we need is probably worth it."

"The foundation made it sound like they should have some answers in less than a day for us.  And it's really late as it is.  Why don't we go to the temple tonight, but we can visit the seers tomorrow after we've checked in with the foundation?"

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 186 posts
Sun 5 Jul 2015
at 19:11
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
I wasn't talking about intelligence but maybe I was wrong about your personality.
Drazgar continues to eat, drink and sing.
Safia
 player, 64 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 5 Jul 2015
at 20:34
Re: The Drunken Monkey.

“If you believe it best to wait on the Foundation’s reply before seeing the seers, I trust in that,” Safia replied, appreciating Aden’s acknowledgment of urgency as well as his patience. He was right, of course. “As for the temple, thank you. I don’t know what good it will do, but I feel better doing something.”

Safia gave the Drow a cursory frowning glance as he began to sing in the midst of conversation. Her mind more literal than most, acquainting ‘bright’ to intelligence was the closest she came to deciphering his earlier words. It wasn’t as though she was a lantern. Besides, what did brightness have to do with drunkenness? It simply didn’t calculate. Her gaze shifted to Dustil. “Will you join us?” She wasn't aware that her appearance had interrupted his earlier conversation, but it suddenly occurred to her that she had shown up unannounced. "Uh ...unless I am keeping you from something else?"
Aden Bero
 player, 905 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 5 Jul 2015
at 23:11
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden caught Safia's confused glance at the drow, and smiled.  He understood the feeling.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 764 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 7 Jul 2015
at 16:52
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil rolled his eyes at Drazgar and shook his head slightly. When Safia looked at him asked him if he would join, he blinked a few times rapidly. "I'm sorry! I didn't realize! You must have taken a blow to the head recently." Then a grin split his face. "As if you have t'ASK, lady! I'd follow you in t'the jaws o'hell." He glanced at Aden and nodded with a smile as well. "Loyalty is sacred."

Then he paused and shrugged looking at everyone but Safia. "Okay, well, if yer not willin' t'even meet 'im, then let me go send a messenger before we go off on another path."
Aden Bero
 player, 906 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 7 Jul 2015
at 18:54
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
I don't know Dustil.  It just seems a bad idea to go meeting with a rival team right this moment.  We're all pretty exhausted and used up from today's events.  What if this is all a ruse to lead us into an ambush or something.  Morien just got jumped last night.  And nothing your telling me is making me trust Revard Janos."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 765 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 7 Jul 2015
at 19:52
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil let out a laugh. "Oh I don't trust him even as far as I could throw him! I despise him!" But he stopped and took a breath, shaking his head. "It's not a trap. It's in a..." He looked for a word but then shrugged, "...'nice' establishment with a bouncer an' everythin'. But like I said, no skin off my nose, just an opportunity t'maybe make some money or get info on the murders."

He started to head out to send a message to Revard unless anyone else had something to say.
Safia
 player, 65 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Wed 8 Jul 2015
at 04:44
Re: The Drunken Monkey.

“What sort of information?” Safia inquired as Dustil began to step away. She discerned by both of the men’s words that a deal was on the table, one they were refusing. She wouldn't go against their decision, but curiosity needed sating. “What, exactly, did Janos say? What does his team want in return?”
Dustil Kraye
 player, 766 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 8 Jul 2015
at 16:14
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil waved a hand and nodded, stopping his movement towards the door. "That jackass is the leader of one o'the other teams, right? An' he wanted t'potentially buy information on the Gauntlet rooms he hasn't gotten to yet, an'/or the chance for us t'let his team go through the Gauntlet 'fore we do tomorrow.

He shrugged. "Actually, he wanted t'buy the information from me but I said I wouldn't do anythin' like that without the team involved."

He continued on, "He was willin' t'negotiate payment in money, emblems, an' tryin' t'set us up with people who should be able t'provide information on the murders. He said that he heard we were investigatin' the two rather grizzly murders an' that one of our own was attacked. He said while he didn't know any names personally he could set up a meeting with some unsavory characters who might be able t'point us in the right direction. So kinda vague."
Safia
 player, 66 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Thu 9 Jul 2015
at 22:00
Re: The Drunken Monkey.

“Decidedly vague,” Safia agreed, her brow arrowed over musing eyes. “I can understand the temptation. I would do near anything to bring Jace's killer to justice, but Aden is right,” she added, looking directly at Dustil. “Revard Janos cannot be trusted, not in the least. Besides, you guys have done exceptionally well in the Gauntlet. You shouldn't give up your lead, not when you're so close to getting through. I was actually reading some scrolls in regards to that and I'm looking forward to going through with you next time.”
Aden Bero
 player, 907 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Fri 10 Jul 2015
at 01:30
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
"Alright, it's settled then. Revard can hear all about the gauntlet as we're boasting of our victory over drinks.  Let's get on to the temple if we're doing it tonight.  Yanyeeku, Drazgar, you guys joining us?  I feel safer on the streets if we're together."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:31, Fri 10 July 2015.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 187 posts
Sat 11 Jul 2015
at 00:44
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Drazgar finishes his mug and looks at it disappointedly for a second then stands as he answers Aden's question.

Yes, I will join you. We are a team after all.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 767 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 14 Jul 2015
at 18:35
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil went and sent a quick message to Revard that the team wasn't interested in his deal, not even enough to come hear the terms from him.
Yanyeeku
 player, 157 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Tue 14 Jul 2015
at 18:59
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
"I will join you. I'd rather not be on the streets alone either." The bard added after Drazgar.