The Drunken Monkey.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Aden Bero
 player, 864 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 29 Apr 2015
at 22:08
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
We are going to Hewitt's Haven before splitting up.

As the group is departing the Monkey, Aden attempts to leave their fans with a little something.

Performing an acrobatic jump onto one of the tables, nimbly avoiding knocking over food or beverage, Aden shouts out, "Fear not, loyal fans from the most amazing city in the alliance! Although it breaks our hearts to leave you, especially in the midst of a wonderful celebration, we do so to pad our already considerable lead over those other pretenders!"  Pause for hopeful cheering and dramatic effect.

"And rest assured, once our all but certain victory is clinched, we shall join you in the greatest celebration this city has ever seen!!"  With that the oracle picks a drink off the table, raising it aloud and roaring, "FOORRRR ARCADIAAAAAAAAAA!!!"  And takes a hearty swig with those that join in.

He hops down from the table, gives a final flourish, and heads out with his companions.

17:05, Today: Aden Bero rolled 29 using 1d20+16. acrobatic jump in tavern.
17:05, Today: Aden Bero rolled 13 using 1d20+12. diplomacy.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 162 posts
Wed 29 Apr 2015
at 23:35
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 21):

Drazgar jumps on another table and starts to dance for a few minutes indicating the rhythm of several well known bardic songs in case there are some bards in the Monkey to entertain the crowd while we are gone. After a few minutes whether music has started or not Drazgar leaves with party.



OOC: Perform(dance): 13
Yanyeeku
 player, 145 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Thu 30 Apr 2015
at 00:03
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Yan looked at the dancing Drazgar, not entirely sure if his companion was drunk or not. He grimaced  slightly at the display, slipping out and trying to pretend as if he didn't know the dancer. Besides, Aden had the dramatic speech well in hand with his outro, who was he to step on the Oracle's toes?
Dustil Kraye
 player, 745 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 30 Apr 2015
at 00:43
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil rolled his eyes but gave an amused snort at Aden's antics. He muttered to the Oracle when he was done, "Yer such a ham!" He rolled his eyes again at Drazgar but turned and left without watching the whole thing. He had other things on his mind, after all.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 171 posts
Wed 20 May 2015
at 02:29
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 24):

Drafter reenters and asks for a refill.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1045 posts
Wed 20 May 2015
at 02:33
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Draz'gar reenters the Monkey on his own and get's a mug of ale in hand almost as soon as he asks for one.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 172 posts
Wed 20 May 2015
at 03:13
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 26):

Drazgar pours it in his Holy mug and hands back the empty.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1047 posts
Sat 23 May 2015
at 15:09
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
The empty mug gets taken away.

OOC: not exactly sure what you want to do. If you feel like just getting smashed well then have at it. otherwise please let me know.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 173 posts
Sat 23 May 2015
at 17:55
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 28):

Technically, Drazgar is going to sit and worship.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1052 posts
Mon 25 May 2015
at 14:37
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
After a few minutes another mug of ale appears on the table in front of you.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 176 posts
Mon 25 May 2015
at 16:02
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 30):

Drazgar fills his Holy mug and continues.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1054 posts
Tue 26 May 2015
at 22:40
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
A few minutes later another mug is placed on the table in front of drazgar.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 756 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 15 Jun 2015
at 18:55
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil walked in to the Drunken Monkey after about an hour. He didn't look very happy or even what one might call pleased. He immediately ordered the strongest ale available and downed it quickly.
Aden Bero
 player, 893 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 15 Jun 2015
at 23:32
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden and Yan entered Shortly after.  Aden dragged the bard into a the back room of the bar, and proceeded to detect magic on the pair until he was as certain as he could be that Adrian and his allies hadn't put any type of detection, tracking, or listening spell on them.

detect magic

Once reasonably convinced, the pair came back out to dustil and drazgar.  "We got the scroll. When we have some free time, one of us can sit down and read this thing while the others listen and try to make sense of it."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 179 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2015
at 04:18
Re: The Drunken Monkey.

Drazgar joins Aden and the bard at the table.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 757 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 16 Jun 2015
at 15:29
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil's jaw clenched for just a moment but he kept his face impassive and he spoke in a low voice. "I was made an offer. Several offers technically. I made a promise to at least tell the team about it so that the team could decide if they wish to take it or not. If you are willing to hear the person out, I can lead you to him. Personal feelings towards the person aside, the potential gains could be...great in return for...information."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 180 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2015
at 15:50
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 36):


Um, what kind of person? My actions are led by more then feelings. There are persons that I can not associate with.
Aden Bero
 player, 894 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 17 Jun 2015
at 01:42
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden rolled his eyes at the paladin's remark. He'd never liked the whole "holier than thou" attitude paladins and stuffy priests clothed themselves in. And some oracles for that matter.

Of course, there were some truly sick, evil people Aden wanted to punch in the face.  Fuckin' Adrian M'vashti.  He really needed some clarification on what that creepy guy had said.

"What's the deal, Dustil?  You're not one for double-talk.  I trust you, so tell us what's on your mind."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 758 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 17 Jun 2015
at 02:47
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil looked around the room, trying to make it look like a casual mover as he sipped his ale. "I'm tryin' t'keep it down so word don't get out. We can go private if ya want first, but it don't hurt t'listen." He was unwilling to say more in public.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1069 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2015
at 22:58
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden spends about a minute scanning himself and Yanyeeku with detect magic. He notices a few aura's but they seem to correspond to the items the two adventures possess. It doesn't look like anyone is magically spying on them. At least not with some sort of enchantment or other effect that is on either of their persons.

AS the group sits at their table and starts talking quietly every so often a couple drinks, paid for by another patron of the bar, are placed on the table as the serving girls pass by.

the bar is loud enough that casual conversation shouldn't be overheard, but then again if someone is specifically trying to eavesdrop who knows what they could hear?

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:01, Wed 17 June 2015.

Yanyeeku
 player, 154 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Wed 17 Jun 2015
at 23:52
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
"We could always find somewhere quieter to talk. Bit noisy in here Yanyeeku commented quietly, pitching his voice below the sounds of the patrons.
Aden Bero
 player, 896 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Thu 18 Jun 2015
at 02:35
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
"Alright, I'm sure we can use the backroom here.  Or head down to Hewit's Haven for some privacy."  Aden went to check if the back room was clear, and if so waved the group over.  Otherwise, they could head on down the street to the big library tree.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 759 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 18 Jun 2015
at 04:14
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil gave a shrug. "C'mon. I have a room here, remember?" He gave a wave for them to follow and he lead them up to his room. It wasn't extremely large, but it was big enough that they could all stand in.

He crossed his arms over his chest and looked at the floor. "Revard Janos. He's the leader of one of the other teams. I've...had a run-in with him previously. I owe him a debt." He looked uncomfortable. "But that doesn't matter for the moment. He wants to offer our team a deal. Information about the Gauntlet and/or the option to let his team get first crack at the Gauntlet tomorrow in exchange for money, emblems, information about the murder we're looking in to, etc. To be clear, he doesn't directly have information regarding the murder but he's well-connected and can scare it up or at least the people to talk to. That sort of thing."

He shrugged with his arms still over his chest, still not really looking at anyone. "I didn't promise him anything beyond the fact that I'd let you know he was interested in making a deal and that I'd try to get you to at least go listen to his offer. But I wouldn't speak for the team."
Aden Bero
 player, 899 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 21 Jun 2015
at 17:20
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
"I don't like the idea of helping another team win.  What's everyone else think?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 184 posts
Sun 21 Jun 2015
at 18:20
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 44):

Yeah, letting another team win seems weak.