The Drunken Monkey.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Mr. Main
 GM, 1028 posts
Sun 26 Apr 2015
at 17:03
The Drunken Monkey.
Thanks to the games and the patronage of Team Arcadia The Drunken Monkey is busier than it has been in a while. As Aden walks in the Drawven waitress Bess Leads him over to a table that has been reserved for the team and as soon as he sits down he finds that there is an Ale on the table for him. Felece had dropped it off as she passed by, giving Aden a nod as she continues on her way handing out drinks and food to the various patrons.

OOC: since you guys come back here so often I decided the monkey deserved it's own thread. anyone who accompanied Aden feel free to post that you did so and sit down next to him if you wish.
Aden Bero
 player, 859 posts
 HP 12/45
 Flame Juggler
Sun 26 Apr 2015
at 18:01
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden smiles and thanks Bess, and gives Felece a wink as she walks on. The ale tastes good after one hell of a day.  Not as good as when Morien frosts it for him though.  The oracle waits for his companions to come in, idly looking at the faces in the establishment.  It'd be great if he noticed a certain red haired fire sorceress amongst the patrons.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 741 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 26 Apr 2015
at 18:42
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil rolled in to the Drunken Monkey like he owned the place. Well, not quite, but he had a smile on his face and it looked like a homecoming almost. And well, he was living there, renting out a room so it sort of was.

He moved up to Aden and clapped him on the back. "Man it's good to have a little downtime, even if only a few hours. I need t'get my drink tonight, and relax. Today was kinda stressful an' painful!" He ordered a large ale. "An' a new challenge t'morrow, plus we gotta figure out the gauntlet at some point. An' then there's the Emblem Hunt. An', an', an'...Man almost feels like a JOB!" He let out a laugh!

This message was last edited by the player at 18:45, Sun 26 Apr 2015.

Aden Bero
 player, 860 posts
 HP 45/45
 Flame Juggler
Sun 26 Apr 2015
at 19:04
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden laughed with him.  Behind the laugh, though, he thought about the murdered friend of Tam and Safia's from that morning.  He thought about the Zsasz killer, that had tried to murder Cylithrea and instead killed a knight of the Radiant Dawn.

Aden had tried to keep things as simple as possible for a long time.  His life was complicated enough as it was, with his divine nature and past.  But lately, the complications were just piling up.

Nothing to do but enjoy the moment, prepare for the future, and accept that most of it was out of his control.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 157 posts
Sun 26 Apr 2015
at 19:14
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 3):

Drazgar walked in.


Barkeep, ale please.
Yanyeeku
 player, 143 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 09:17
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Yanyeeku lazily sauntered into the Drunken Monkey and over to where Aden and Dustil were, casually fanning himself as he sprawled in a chair. "Well that was certainly an interesting experience."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 742 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 16:31
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil raised his ale and looked at his friends. "A toast!" He waited until they raised their mugs with him as well. "To absent friends, worthy foes, awaiting glory and the good we can do for others." He raised an eyebrow to see if any of them had anything to add.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 158 posts
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 17:06
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 7):

Drazgar nurses his ale like it is a life giving elixir.
Aden Bero
 player, 861 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 17:52
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
"To Team Arcadia and the city we represent!"

Aden wanted to discuss their next plans on how to prepare for tomorrow, but he didn't want to do so here in the Drunken Monkey where so many people could easily overhear. He suggested that after they were refreshed, they head to The Temple of Many Mysteries to discuss next plans.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 159 posts
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 19:31
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 9):

To  urp Team Arcadia and the city.



Drazgar sloshes with them to the temple.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1030 posts
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 22:15
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
AS soon as each of you sat down there was a drink placed on the table for you. Soon followed by a second. Most of the crowd in the bar cheered at your toast and joined in. In particular many people walked over t dustil and shook his hand, clapped him on the back and bought him drinks. Complimenting him on his fight with the half-orc Turgen Second in command of the Blackswords. Apparently Turgen is kinda famous. One person, an old merc or so the man claims, tells you how Turgen earned his nick-name tiger-eater. Once while drunk and taking a dump in the woods a tiger attacked him. He wrestled with it barehanded before finally killing it by biting it's throat out.
Aden Bero
 player, 862 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 23:01
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden claps Dustil on the back, joining in with the surrounding fans. "Aye, our Dustil here packs one hell of a punch.  Just you ladies and gentleman wait, though.  Tomorrow you'll see a whole new set of tricks from us!"

Aden dismisses the idea of the group going to the temple, apparently he's reconsidered.  "We should find someplace quiet to discuss our next moves.  Maybe Hewitt's Haven?"

Everyone chip in if you want to relocate, and Mr. Main can move us along when he decides nothing else is going on here at the Monkey. I figure us re-hashing the gauntlet and planning next steps around a big crowd of strangers is a bad idea.

Safia:
Hewitt's Haven

A good shouting distance away from The Drunken Monkey, and at the very end of the thoroughfare, sits an ancient oak tree of mountainous proportion and abundant shade. It is surrounded by a park-like setting of soft grass, flower gardens, public benches, and bubbling fountains. It is not your average, ordinary, run of the mill tree. No. This monolithic anomaly houses one of the city’s finest libraries, with a collection as ancient as the rings that cut through the cross section of its massive trunk.

Hanging above the gaping knothole entryway is a sign that simply reads, “Hewitt’s Haven”. A spiral staircase leads one down below the tangle of roots into the many lamp-lit caverns and crooks and crannies full of shelves after shelves after shelves of recorded knowledge, various tales of fiction, and whatever the mind might fathom. Among the scrolls, tomes, maps, hand-bound journals and the like, lies a collection of artifacts—an adventurer’s gallery—and beyond that are passageways and rooms of countless mystery and surprises.

The proprietor, Hewitt Tometapster, is a cheerful, elderly gnome-fellow with an insatiable thirst for knowledge; he is a keeper of secrets. Hewitt also enjoys storytelling, poetry, music, and good mead. His favored brew is known to be that which is paid for by someone other than himself, and most townsfolk are happy to oblige.


Dustil Kraye
 player, 743 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 27 Apr 2015
at 23:50
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil shook his head about his fight, "That half-orc was a BEAST! You could've knocked me over with a FEATHER at the end of that fight, I was so surprised! I thought one more blow would finish me for certain the way he hit! A VERY good fight!"

He was all smiles and tankards of ale at first. Then his brow furrowed slightly as he looked down for a moment. His face darkened slightly with anger and his non-mug-filled hand crumpled into a fist. The moment quickly passed, however, and he took another long swallow of ale.

He shrugged at Aden's talk of moving locales. "I assume you wannna go there t'possibly look up information?"

He scratched his nose in thought. "I wish Tam an' Safia would come back." He cleared his throat. "We can do that. I'm up for whatever, but I have t'go meet someone either before or afterwards."
Aden Bero
 player, 863 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 28 Apr 2015
at 00:18
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Aden noticed Dustil's tension.  It had been a tense day. "After. Lets figure out our next moves before we disperse.  And maybe someone should go with you." Aden hadn't forgotten that Morien was attacked while on his own.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 160 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2015
at 01:01
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 14):

What, not drink? I guess.
Drazgar slams his drink and another. If there is a waitress going by with another drink he puts a gold in her cleavage for the drink as he takes that and slams it as well.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1031 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2015
at 04:58
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
 Drazgar reaches over and stuffs his hands down a red-headed half-elf's shirt. She stops, turns to him, smiles and then tosses the contents of a bowl of hot soup into Draz'gar's face. ranged touch attack 16 vs draz'gars touch ac is a hit. damage 2. attack 17 vs draz'gar fort defense misses. The soup in your face does not blind or daze you. The are gasps, cheers, roars of laughter and more than a few insults, all directed at draz'gar, from the crowd.

"Next time you'll lose the hand." the half-elf threatens.
Yanyeeku
 player, 144 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Tue 28 Apr 2015
at 12:23
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
"Hewitt's sounds like a good idea." Yan agreed, only having had the one drink. Seeing Drazgar in action and smirking slightly, he slid his second drink over to him. He nodded over at Aden as  the Oracle mentioned that Dustil shouldn't be travelling alone. From what they had told him at their initial meeting, the advice seemed wise. "He's got a point Dustil. I doubt you'll want us all there though, so we should at least pair off."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 744 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 28 Apr 2015
at 14:54
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
Dustil laughed uproariously when Drazgar was given a comeuppance! "You should learn better manners! You've gotten adept at not making friends everywhere you go!" He grinned a moment longer and drank the rest of his ale down.

To Aden and Yan he gave a shrug. "If someone wants to come along, they may. Hell, I don't care if you all come, though the meeting itself will likely be private. It might not be a bad idea to have someone there to stop me just in case."

He didn't elaborate but instead stood up. "Shall we then?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 161 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2015
at 18:28
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 16):

OOC:
To be accurate my hand never went down her shirt I just dropped the coin down the top of her shirt

This message was last edited by the player at 18:28, Tue 28 Apr 2015.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1032 posts
Wed 29 Apr 2015
at 16:50
Re: The Drunken Monkey.
OOC:
Drazgar In'lyndl:
he puts a gold in her cleavage for the drink as he takes that and slams it as well.


unless Draz'gar is hawkeye from the avengers, the likelihood that draz'gar could place a coin in a passing waitresses cleavage without putting his hands down her shirt is pretty remote.


The group finishes their drinks and stands up. Many people in the crowd try to get you to stay. offering to buy you food and drinks, wanting to hear about your experience with the other teams and in the festival so far. Some even start booing as you make your way to the door. trying to make you feel guilty about leaving your fans.

"Shut it!" Bear shouts. "there busy trying to win so don't give 'em any flak or I'll toss ya out." His comments quiet the crowd a bit, but not totally. They make way for you to leave at least.

Please tell me where you guys are going. I'm going to start making separate threads for places you head to often. otherwise it'll be in the festial day X thread as normal.