Hewit's Haven.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Mr. Main
 GM, 1033 posts
Thu 30 Apr 2015
at 01:12
Hewit's Haven.
Aden and Company quickly stride down the road. Even in Arcadia it is not hard to see their destination. The top of the massive and Ancient Oak tree peaks out above most of the buildings in Arcadia. It is a short walk, but unfortunately not a quick one. Due mostly the to teaming bustle of the crowds and the stalls and carts. Their peddlers selling everything from food and "memorabilia" to clothes and every day useful items.


At the very end of the thoroughfare, sits an ancient oak tree of mountainous proportion and abundant shade. It is surrounded by a park-like setting of soft grass, flower gardens, public benches, and bubbling fountains. It is not your average, ordinary, run of the mill tree. No. This monolithic anomaly houses one of the city’s finest libraries, with a collection as ancient as the rings that cut through the cross section of its massive trunk.

Hanging above the gaping knothole entryway is a sign that simply reads, “Hewitt’s Haven”. A spiral staircase leads one down below the tangle of roots into the many lamp-lit caverns and crooks and crannies full of shelves after shelves after shelves of recorded knowledge, various tales of fiction, and whatever the mind might fathom. Among the scrolls, tomes, maps, hand-bound journals and the like, lies a collection of artifacts—an adventurer’s gallery—and beyond that are passageways and rooms of countless mystery and surprises.

The Crowds can be found in the haven as well. Most people are enjoying the gardens and fountains outside, but a fair number are deep within the tree itself checking out the curiosities.

 Near where the stairs leading down end, tucked into a little corner is a large desk of sorts. tomes, papers, and various other items are strewn about it. It isn't exactly untidy, more like currently in use.  Right next to the desk is a small cooking pot with an elderly silver haired dun skinned Gnome gently stirring it's contents. He's wearing a grey shirt, festooned with many pockets, all of which seem to be filled with something, brown slacks with a pair of glasses pushed up unto his forehead.

The pot seems to be hot, but there is no lit flame... anywhere in the tree actually now that you are looking. The gnome must be heating it somehow, but you can't readily tell how.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:04, Fri 01 May 2015.

Aden Bero
 player, 865 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sat 2 May 2015
at 03:00
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Aden steps up to the gnome.  "Hi there.  Any place me and my friends can talk quietly?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 746 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 2 May 2015
at 03:37
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Dustil had things to do so he wasn't too keen on this diversion, and unsure really why they were going to this place to talk. But he shrugged it off and decided to try to help out. He'd head of Hewitt before at least.

He gave the gnome a smile and lowered his voice conspiratorially. "If you've a mug, I have some fine ale I can share with you, even better-tasting because you don't have to pay for it."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 163 posts
Sat 2 May 2015
at 03:53
Re: Hewit's Haven.
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 3):

Drazgar pulls out his mug/holy symbol.

If you have some to share, Dustil. I could use some.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1034 posts
Sat 2 May 2015
at 13:02
Re: Hewit's Haven.
The gnome looked up from his pot and smiles. He keeps stirring the pot so instead of using his hands he slowly looks around the haven. "This is a library. You're supposed to talk quietly." then the Gnome chuckles a little "If a private study is what you are after though, there are a few. They might be occupied though. If they are you'll just have to wait until one is available. Or you could find a table somewhere. The haven is much busier that it usually is, but I doubt anyone would disturb you." The Gnome replied to Aden.

The gnome chuckled lightly once again after hearing Dustil's offer. "To true. In top left drawer of the desk is a tiny stein. pour in as much as you want."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 747 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 2 May 2015
at 14:30
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Dustil nodded and pulled out the stein for the Gnome. He then tipped his flask over the stein and ale flowed out of it. "Drink in good health, my friend." He took a swallow from the flask after the small toast.

To Drazgar he said, "Yeah, I'll just bet you could. We just came from a tavern though, so you could buy your own. This gnome has been here working. I also have a rule against sharing with those who abandon their friends. Sorry." He didn't really sound too sorry though.

He moved away from the gnome and began looking for one of the rooms. "So, Aden, still want to talk here in the library?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 1035 posts
Sat 2 May 2015
at 17:32
Re: Hewit's Haven.
As dustil poured he noticed the stein grew larger and larger. It was like he could never actually fill the thing.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 164 posts
Sat 2 May 2015
at 18:46
Re: Hewit's Haven.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 7):

Drazgar waits.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 748 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 2 May 2015
at 19:06
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Dustil raised an eyebrow at the mug that kept growing and stopped pouring once he had poured enough for a normal-sized mug, roughly. "That...is an interestin' item. Heh."
Mr. Main
 GM, 1036 posts
Sat 2 May 2015
at 21:33
Re: Hewit's Haven.
"Isn't it? It's a riot at parties. Actually caused on once too." The gnome replies as he finally stops stirring his small black cooking pot.  He puts on some gloves picks it up by the handles and put's it on a small round stone table next to his desk. He then grabs a bowl a spoon and a ladle and starts putting what seems like some kind of white soup into the bowl. "Homemade Thrykian Clam Chowder; Anyone want some? I have plenty." The gnome asks.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 165 posts
Sat 2 May 2015
at 22:11
Re: Hewit's Haven.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 10):

Drazgar pulls out his bowl.

Sure
Aden Bero
 player, 866 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 3 May 2015
at 21:58
Re: Hewit's Haven.
"Absolutely. Aden doesn't have his own bowl, but definitely wants to take the gnome up on his offer.

"What are the must-see sights here?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 1037 posts
Sun 3 May 2015
at 23:18
Re: Hewit's Haven.
the gnome fills Draz'gar's bowl "I wouldn't dare presume to say that there is anything here someone absolutely must see." The  gnome then moves over to a near by cabinet and takes out a bowl for aden "Right now I think the exhibits that gather the most lookers are the dragon's tooth, the signing of the Arcadian Accords and the Exhibit on forge-town uprising/liberation. Took me years to put that together. Even after a decade we still know so little about them, their way of life. how they come to be. Doesn't help that their first contact with us when they awoke was the archaeological expedition that ended so tragically." The gnome fills that bowl and then hands it and a spoon to Aden.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 749 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 3 May 2015
at 23:58
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Dustil gave a small bow to the Gnome. "Thank you. I'd be honored to try out your chowder." He waits for Aden and Drazgar to get their food first. He listened politely to the exhibits mentioned and gave another nod.
Aden Bero
 player, 867 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 4 May 2015
at 03:32
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Aden takes the bowl, saying, "Thanks mate.  And yeah, that whole thing was pretty terrible.  At least some of the human archaeologists tried to do the right thing.  They should know we're not all bad."  Aden then tries the chowder, keeping a straight face in case he doesn't like it.

"You know much about their technology? This visor thing on my head, it let's me see the heat that things and people put off.  I think there's a way to activate some additional vision modes with it, and I was actually thinking about going to the war-forged to see if they had any ideas."
Mr. Main
 GM, 1038 posts
Wed 6 May 2015
at 00:54
Re: Hewit's Haven.
The Gnome Grabbed another bowl "You're not the first to speculate a Ma'ndo War-forged connection" He filled it with chowder and then handed it to dustil with a spoon. "Unfortunately, or Fortunately depending on your point of view, The War-forged don't seem to have anymore insight on Ancient relics then the rest of us. Then again it is said that the wise hawk hides it's talons."
Aden Bero
 player, 868 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 6 May 2015
at 18:02
Re: Hewit's Haven.
"Maybe. I'll probably still run it by them. I'm a pretty nice guy, people talk to me sometimes. Not sure people applies to sentient robots, but still."

"You lived in Arcadia long?  Been paying any attention to the novice games?"


OOC: Maybe Aden can get some info from this guy to help us research the last gauntlet room.  But Aden is also being super cautious about giving other people info.  Same reason he wanted to come here instead of the super-crowded Drunken Monkey.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1039 posts
Wed 6 May 2015
at 22:15
Re: Hewit's Haven.
The Gnome sat down at the desk and began to eat. "I've been around for a bit." The gnome replied to Aden before drinking some of the Ale Dustil had given him. "Of course I've been watching the Games. Can't think of anyone who hasn't watched at least some of it. You have been doing pretty well. But the games have just started and they are about to get serious."
Aden Bero
 player, 869 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Thu 7 May 2015
at 03:30
Re: Hewit's Haven.
"Thanks, we'll try to keep honoring the city with victory.  Would you be willing to help us research something having to do with the games?"

If so, Aden will give his companions a look as to whether they should trust the gnome.  If Aden trusts the gnome, and the others don't object, Aden will tell the gnome about the last room and see if he has any insight, or can guide them to the right info here at the Haven.

Sense motive on Gnome.  I'll let DM roll for me so I don't know result.  Sense Motive +4
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 166 posts
Thu 7 May 2015
at 03:33
Re: Hewit's Haven.
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 19):

Drazgar listens and watches the Gnome to judge his words for truth and intention.


GM can roll my sense motive of +11 as well.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 750 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 7 May 2015
at 04:41
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Dustil ate the offered chowder as he listened, murmuring that it was wonderful at one point - whether or not it actually was! He occasionally took sips from his flask to wash it down as well. But for the most part he let Aden make his 'play', watching the Gnome unobtrusively.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1040 posts
Sun 10 May 2015
at 01:27
Re: Hewit's Haven.
"To a limited degree. I can't directly help you with anything, but I can suggest some books or answer questions on general theory." The gnome answers.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 167 posts
Sun 10 May 2015
at 03:07
Re: Hewit's Haven.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 22):
Aden Bero
 player, 870 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 10 May 2015
at 15:37
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Aden finds himself trusting the guy, and looks to his companions, giving them one last chance to suggest otherwise. If they don't, Aden tells the gnome they need to understand the relationship between the symbols, shapes, and elements from the last room of the gauntlet. "If you could point us in the right direction, we'd really appreciate your help."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 751 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 10 May 2015
at 15:56
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Dustil watched the gnome as he ate the chowder in silence. When he caught Aden's questioning glance, he gave a slight shrug of his shoulders and a tilt to his head indicating that he didn't sense any deception in the gnome so it was probably okay.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 168 posts
Sun 10 May 2015
at 17:59
Re: Hewit's Haven.
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 25):

Drazgar continues eating his chowder.
Aden Bero
 player, 871 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 12 May 2015
at 02:09
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Aden brings the gnome up to speed, and asks for his help.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1042 posts
Wed 13 May 2015
at 01:28
Re: Hewit's Haven.
"I can see why that gave you some trouble. Heh, wizards. I'd bet gems to tarts that one of the dean's at the Academy dreamt this up. It's based upon what was considered the foundations of natural philosophy. Literally classic stuff." The gnome replies as he starts to lead you through the library. After a few twists and turns and passing through several different rooms. he brings you to a self with books whose titles are all in different languages.

"All you'd ever want to know is here, but here's the catch. The full translation has been done to common, but it includes a lot of extraneous information. However if one of you happens to know draconic or gnomish there are two summaries that are more to the point." he pulls out the full translation and hands it to you.

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/timaeus.html  if anyone knows those two languages i'll pm the link to you.
Aden Bero
 player, 873 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sat 16 May 2015
at 14:43
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Aden thanks the gnome for his assistance.  He intends to go procure a scroll of comprehend languages.  He only has 7gp, but he does have a number of scrolls and can maybe convince a vendor to give him an even trade.

"So is this where we split up for the night? Yanyeeku and I can get our scroll and study these texts.  Dustil, you have some business to see to?  Should Drazgar go with you?  It's safer if we travel in pairs."

@dm, anywhere Aden can think of to find scroll of comprehend languages?  Perhaps a friendly temple that would give him even value trade?

This message was last edited by the player at 14:44, Sat 16 May 2015.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 752 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 16 May 2015
at 14:47
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Dustil, after a moment's hesitation, quietly relates that he has 10 gold that he might be able to give most of to the group to purchase a scroll if needed.
Aden Bero
 player, 874 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 18 May 2015
at 22:16
Re: Hewit's Haven.
"Yanyeeku, want to go with me to find a scroll?  Dustil, I'll take as much gold as you can spare, hopefully I won't need it if I can do an even trade."

Aden is ready to go scroll shopping.
Yanyeeku
 player, 146 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Tue 19 May 2015
at 00:20
Re: Hewit's Haven.
"Hm?" Yanyeeku looked up from nearby where he had been browsing some books on  otherplanar entities. "Oh. Sure Aden." He slid the book he was holding back where he had found it and joined the Oracle.
Aden Bero
 player, 875 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 19 May 2015
at 13:04
Re: Hewit's Haven.
"We're going to drop by Martin&Kern first, see if they can work with us. What about you two?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 753 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 19 May 2015
at 14:05
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Dustil gave a shrug as he handed over the 9 gold pieces. "Should we meet back at the Drunken Monkey or here? Or are we going t'pick this up tomorrow once you've got the scroll?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 169 posts
Tue 19 May 2015
at 14:26
Re: Hewit's Haven.
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 34):

I vote the Drunken Monkey. I am getting sober here.
Drazgar hands over 9 gold as well.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:27, Tue 19 May 2015.

Aden Bero
 player, 876 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 19 May 2015
at 23:03
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Aden looked at Yanyeeku.  "I'd rather us get this info tonight. We'll swing by the Monkey on our way back to see if you're there."
Yanyeeku
 player, 147 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Wed 20 May 2015
at 01:46
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Yanyeeku returned the  look from Aden, nodding. "Get it out of the way now, gives us something to sleep on for tomorrow."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 170 posts
Wed 20 May 2015
at 02:27
Re: Hewit's Haven.
In reply to Yanyeeku (msg # 37):

Drawbar exits and heads back to the Monkey.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 754 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 20 May 2015
at 02:45
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Dustil gave a shrug. "Sure, that's fine with me. Drinkin's always good." He tipped an imaginary hat to the Gnome from before on his way out. "Thanks again."
Yanyeeku
 player, 172 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Wed 14 Oct 2015
at 17:52
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Yanyeeku led the way back to the Haven, looking around cautiously. He remembered the warnings that had been given to him by the other team members when they met. He really didn't want to be ambushed if he could at all avoid it.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1116 posts
Sat 17 Oct 2015
at 02:21
Re: Hewit's Haven.
The Hewit's Haven was quiet and most of the people who had been around earlier in the day had gone home. It was quite easy for yanyeeku to find a quiet table somewhere so he could begin his research.
Safia
 player, 106 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sat 17 Oct 2015
at 05:10
Re: Hewit's Haven.

"I know several languages," Safia shared quietly as she slid into a seat beside Yanyeeku and shrugged out of her cloak, which she folded over the back of her chair. "Auran, Draconic, Elven, Giant, Goblin, and of course, Gnome." She added the last with a flicker of a smile and glanced about the library for her friend Hewitt. Not immediately finding him, she gave the whole of her attention back to Yanyeeku.

"Aden mentioned a scroll of comprehend languages, but if I can read the other scroll without using a spell, perhaps it can be saved for another purpose?"
Yanyeeku
 player, 175 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Tue 20 Oct 2015
at 00:36
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Yan unrolled the scroll as they sat down, peering at it, blinking slowly. "I do speak Draconic as well. As well as Sylvan, Elven and Celestial. Between us we may not need that scroll after all, but it will be good to keep it around. I can activate it without difficulty in the event it becomes necessary."
Safia
 player, 108 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Tue 20 Oct 2015
at 03:22
Re: Hewit's Haven.

"I agree," she said with a smile, pleased to learn that Yanyeeku shared a similar fondness for languages. "It might come in handy another time."

Safia studied the scroll for a good long while, opting for the gnome interpretation because it gave her an opportunity to further study the language of her friend, Hewitt. Besides, the draconic version seemed to be more complex, and the more she read, the more jumbled it became in her thoughts. It was simply too much information all at once. She needed to separate it, analyze one piece of the puzzle at a time and compare to what she knew of her team’s prior attempt to solve the final portion of the Gauntlet. She drew upon a focusing breath and began to pinpoint key elements of the scroll, voicing them softly as she did so.

"'Wherefore he made the world in the form of a globe, round as from a lathe, having its extremes in every direction equidistant from the centre, the most perfect and the most like itself of all figures; for he considered that the like is infinitely fairer than the unlike.

This entire compound he divided lengthways into two parts, which he joined to one another at the centre like the letter X, and bent them into a circular form, connecting them with themselves and each other at the point opposite to their original meeting-point; and, comprehending them in a uniform revolution upon the same axis, he made the one the outer and the other the inner circle. Now the motion of the outer circle he called the motion of the same, and the motion of the inner circle the motion of the other or diverse. The motion of the same he carried round by the side to the right, and the motion of the diverse diagonally to the left.

As Fire is to Air, Air is to Water. As Air is to Water, Water is to Earth.
'

I believe you guys were halfway there to solving this."
She paused and looked askance to Yanyeeku. "It was the final two pieces of the puzzle that were incorrectly placed. I believe it should be thus:

The Egg = Celestial Body (the heavens) = Dodecahedron (d12)

It is the centre, the inner circle and it's possible it may move in diverse motion to the outer circle once we place the elements, crystal shapes, and rune-pedestals in the room as follows:

Kindling = Fire = Tetrahedron (d4) = Alpha = North
Pinwheel = Air = Octahedron (d8) = Beta = East
Basin = Water = Icosahedron (d20) = Gamma = South
Bricks = Earth = Hexahedron (d6) = Delta (triangle rune) = West


What do you think?"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:23, Tue 20 Oct 2015.

Yanyeeku
 player, 176 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Tue 20 Oct 2015
at 03:55
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Yanyeeku nodded slowly as Safia explained her thoughts. "That... Actually matches up. It should work and if not, we'll have more information. Assuming elementals don't thrash us again."
Safia
 player, 110 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Wed 21 Oct 2015
at 03:07
Re: Hewit's Haven.

"Perhaps they attacked because they were conceived of the wrong elements," she mused in reply. "I'm terribly curious to know what the properly placed items will generate. I hope we have it right this time, that I didn't leave out a step."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:07, Wed 21 Oct 2015.

Yanyeeku
 player, 177 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Wed 21 Oct 2015
at 03:20
Re: Hewit's Haven.
"They were indeed likely attacking because we got their combinations wrong. And they combined into amalgamations of elements. Very exciting." His voice was dry as he let his explanation float in the air. <brown>"I'm hoping that's the final room, and that no-one else solves it. I will be incredibly unhappy if they have."<brown>
Safia
 player, 112 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sat 24 Oct 2015
at 01:23
Re: Hewit's Haven.

"Exciting?" she questioned with an arch of her brow, followed by a soft laugh. "Well I look forward to joining in the room's excitement this time around, but I hope it's followed by elation. I agree, it would be incredible to solve the final puzzle."

So saying, Safia cast an idle glance outward, looking for any lurkers that might have been near enough to overhear their musings on the scroll. But she yawned so mightily as she looked, her eyes watered and there wasn't much to see through the blur.

Perception: rolled 4 (Safia must be tired.)
Yanyeeku
 player, 178 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Mon 26 Oct 2015
at 17:55
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Yan chuckled quietly. "Perhaps we should finish up in here for now. You appear exhausted and I would like some rest before the games tomorrow." Much like Safia, he cast his eyes around for possible eavesdroppers but his own tiredness distracted him.

Perception: 13. Evidently neither of us should be left on watch.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1123 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2015
at 22:06
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Safia quick lookeda round and saw no one obviously snooping or anything suspicious. yanyeeku also checked and did not notice anyone either. There were a few people still in the library but they were a good distance away and reading. It looked like it was all clear as far as either of them could tell. That's when Safia heard a familiar voice.

"Here late again I see young lady. I hope you have not been so absorbed in your studies that you have forgotten to eat yet again. Saving this library and it's patrons from the thunderous rumbles of your ravenous stomach isn't easy on the budget." Hewit joked. The gnome walked over to the table carrying a fireless lantern of some sort.
Safia
 player, 113 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Wed 4 Nov 2015
at 04:41
Re: Hewit's Haven.

"Good evening, Hewitt. I’ll have you know, it only just started to rumble," she teased lightly in return, offering a warm smile for her friend. "Your ears are simply too keen."
Mr. Main
 GM, 1128 posts
Sat 7 Nov 2015
at 14:57
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Hewit moves closer and looks over the reading materials you have on the table "Ah, still working on that puzzle. Figure it out yet?"
Safia
 player, 114 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sat 7 Nov 2015
at 16:32
Re: Hewit's Haven.

"I think so," Safia replied, turning a musing look back to the parchment. "I pulled the main points into focus and set them in place as I believe they should be. Yet, I have a niggling feeling that I've missed a small, though important detail. Maybe it's just because it seemed so busy at first, too much information to sort; and then when it came to me, it seemed too simple. Like stumbling upon a hidden door that, instead of a way out, it becomes a trap." Or maybe she was just like an artist, never satisfied with their work.

Safia went on to share with Hewitt the same conclusion to the puzzle as she had explained to Yaneeku. (msg #44)

"I truly hope I have it right," she added. "I don't want to let the team down, and if we make it through this room of the Guantlet, I will feel as though I've redeemed myself for taking a reprieve from the games when they could have used my help."
Mr. Main
 GM, 1129 posts
Tue 10 Nov 2015
at 03:45
Re: Hewit's Haven.
"Team Arcadia is in the lead so I don't think anyone holds any grudges about you taking a little break. I've got to get back to my rounds, but if your stomach is still rumbling feel free to help yourself to some of the stew I have in my pot by my desk. You're friend is welcome to some as well." Hewit replied and then headed off.
Yanyeeku
 player, 179 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Tue 10 Nov 2015
at 03:47
Re: Hewit's Haven.
"I'm reasonably certain this should either be correct, or will bring us to the correct answer after a failed attempt." Yanyeeku attempted to assure her. "And with your assistance we will be better equipped to deal with any issues of a failure that we endured previously." He had nodded politely to Hewit in greeting. As the two had talked though, he felt he was intruding, he was about to excuse himself when Hewit left anyway.

"We should consider at least getting some rest soon as well." The bard commented. "We may want to tackle the Gauntlet as early as we can to prevent someone else getting there first."
Safia
 player, 117 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Fri 13 Nov 2015
at 03:36
Re: Hewit's Haven.

"Thanks, Hewitt," she said with a smile, grateful for his kind words and the offer of nourishment. She watched her friend walk away, then turned to Yaneeku. "Rest sounds good to me," she agreed. "But let’s grab a bowl of stew on our way out. You’ll not find a tastier meal in a pot than Hewitt’s fixin’s."

As they headed out, Safia lightly bumped her shoulder to Yaneeku’s. "Hey," she said, smiling at him askance. "Thanks...for letting me help with the puzzle, and, you know...what you said back there, for having faith in me."
Yanyeeku
 player, 182 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Fri 13 Nov 2015
at 23:12
Re: Hewit's Haven.
Yanyeeku shrugged, but smiled slightly. "Not a problem. Fresh set of eyes is always good, and an extra sword arm will be helpful as well if combat erupts." He chuckled. "Plus it's nice to at least work with you. Of the team, you're the only one I haven't really worked with yet."