The Temple of the Divines.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Mr. Main
 GM, 1072 posts
Sun 12 Jul 2015
at 23:14
The Temple of the Divines.
Situated not far from the heart of Arcadia is a massive temple about almost as large as the divide. In fact the only building inside Arcadia that is larger is Archibald's Arena. The temple is Made mostly out of a concrete and Marble. The temple is laid out almost like a compass. it has a large dome at each of the cardinal points and then a massive dome in the center.  Winding around the outer domes for the directions is a circular corridor that connects them.

 Each Dome is covered with copper with other precious metals and stones laid over that creating interesting and beautiful patterns unique to each dome and all of them are topped with tall and thin gleaming Spire that houses a large bronze bell. The towering walls are decorated with religious symbols, statues of gods, angels and other beings as well was stones reliefs cover the outside walls and large ornate stained glass windows. Surrounding the temple are large park like grounds. With reflecting ponds, sand gardens, flower beds that bloom all year round and even a small hedge maze.

Each of the cardinal domes has a main entrance and each of those doors of the doors are made out of a different material and are heavily decorated; one is bronze, one is a dark almost black iron, one is made of marble, one is of a beautiful dark wood and the last appears to be made out of ivory. All of the doors are about 30 feet high and 10 feet wide. it is said that each door opens automatically at sunrise and closes the same way an hour after sunset. there are other entry doors that can be used when those doors are closed, but they have been cleverly engineered so that they are almost invisible. A normal person wouldn't be able to find them if not for particular symbol that was placed on each to identify them.

Inside each dome is actually somehow brighter then it is outside with no visible sources of artificial light. There is one main alter in the center of each dome with several smaller altars around the edges. Each alter somehow has a ray of sunlight illuminating it. the floors are a mix of white marble and colorful mosaics. The walls are covered with paintings, tapestries, statues, and more stone reliefs. Lining the interior walls, including those of the connecting corridors are religious symbols and shrines for just about every known god. The temple is large enough to have them positioned so that it does not feel crowded and religions that may be antagonistic to each other are far from each other.

The inside of each dome has been exquisitely painted (think Sistine chapel saint peters basilica ect.)

There are many priests, and worshipers inside as well as sightseers here to marvel at the majesty of the temple.
Aden Bero
 player, 908 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 14 Jul 2015
at 00:16
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Aden came from a small coastal fishing town, with a pretty small temple of stone and wood.  New and nice certainly (for a brief moment he'd been a suspect in the burning down of the old one), but tiny by comparison to this majestic structure.  So he was impressed everytime he saw it, and gave a whistle of admiration.

"Alright Safia, your move."
Safia
 player, 69 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Tue 14 Jul 2015
at 23:13
Re: The Temple of the Divines.

"Thanks, Aden. I've never requested a certified divination before," Safia replied, glancing ahead at the many domes. She frowned thoughtfully. "I'm not exactly sure which door to enter, but perhaps it doesn't truly matter."

If there wasn’t business to attend to, Safia would have taken the time to stroll through and enjoy the many gardens and ponds of the surrounding grounds. Nature had always had a calming affect for her. The ornate and extravagant designs of the inner temple domes set her slightly on edge. It was gawk-worthy, but a mite overwhelming in its beauty.

She chose to enter the Temple of the Divines through the beautiful dark wood door (though the dark, black iron door appealed to her as well). Safia let her gaze travel over the many people inside, and tried to hone in on who she believed might be able to point her in the right direction. Perhaps there was a sign somewhere that read ‘Certified Divinations’, or a centrally located information kiosk in which she could inquire. Failing that, she’d simply choose the nearest priest who wasn’t otherwise engaged in conversation and ask, “Would you happen to know where I can obtain a certified divination?”
Dustil Kraye
 player, 768 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 15 Jul 2015
at 04:14
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Dustil could admit to himself that he was impressed. The temple was, simply put, an astounding piece of architectural beauty. Having not ever before had much need of religion, he hadn't really been to the temple before that he could remember. And, looking around at it all, he was pretty sure he would have remembered.

He kept silent and took a sip from his flask. He glanced over at Safia and followed after her.
Acolyte Anderson
 NPC, 3 posts
Wed 15 Jul 2015
at 04:35
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
There were quite a few priest about. most of the wearing robes with symbols that identified what god they preached for. Everyone one of them was busy either giving a sermon, praying, reading some holy text or speaking with one or more of the faithful. However there were some priest who wore simple white, brown and grey robes without symbols of any kind on them.

One of them seemed to notice you searching for something and approaches you. He is a slightly overweight man in his early 40's who walks with a bit of a limp. He is of average height, has dark brown hair streaked with grey and is wearing a simple brown robe.

"You seem to be looking for something young lady, perhaps I can help?"
Safia
 player, 70 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Wed 15 Jul 2015
at 11:28
Re: The Temple of the Divines.

"Yes, I hope so." Safia was glad for the assist, for something less flashy to focus on. The priest's brown robe was a welcome relief from the busy colors of mosaics and stained glass. "I would like to have a certified divination done on myself. Sergeant Dey from the Town Guard suggested I come here. Will you help me with that, or perhaps point me in the right direction?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 188 posts
Wed 15 Jul 2015
at 14:10
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
In reply to Safia (msg # 6):

Drazgar almost unable to stand still dances in place.
Acolyte Anderson
 NPC, 4 posts
Thu 16 Jul 2015
at 02:21
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
The drow in full armor suddenly breaking out in dance distracts the acolyte anderson for a second. he lets out a slightly befuddled "Uhh.." Before remembering that the blonde young woman in front of him asked a question. "Right...certified divination. Yes please follow me. I will take you to Acolyte Johnson. Among other things, he helps to run the temples...merchant endeavors. He will be able to perform the Divination or at least find you someone who can. If you know what kind of divination you need it will save you some time." The priest answers as he begins to lead you through the temple until you are under the massive central dome. he then leads you along the wall until you reach wooden door with a bronze representation of a scale nailed unto it.

"I know. you're wondering why the 'temple store' as some of the more cynical have come to call is not out front where it is highly visible and easy to reach. It certainly is inconvenient when you need something from the temple. but the thought was that it would be less distracting and disturbing to the faithful as well as the other visitors is such a place was well separated from the main floor where people pray and discuss matters of faith." He comments as he opens the door and leads you down a small flight of stairs into a small room with a single desk. there is a man sitting at that desk wearing the same kind of brown robe as the priest who lead you down here.

"That is acolyte Johnson he should be able to help you."
Safia
 player, 71 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Thu 16 Jul 2015
at 04:30
Re: The Temple of the Divines.

Safia shared the acolyte’s befuddlement with Drazgar’s dance. She couldn’t help but wonder if he had ants in his armor, but her attention quickly returned to the business at hand.

“Merchant endeavors?” It was more of a musing murmur, than anything else. Safia tossed a look to her teammates—to see if they had any questions or comments to add—before she followed the alcolyte’s lead. “Perhaps it’s true what they say, that anything worth having is worth putting in the effort for... or waiting for,” she replied in regards to why the ‘temple store’ was not easy to reach. With a flicker of a smile, she added, “Or worth taking a very long walk to reach.”

Safia stepped into the room after the alcolyte and thanked him for his assistance, though he hadn’t told her his name. She turned her attention to the one he had introduced her to.

“Hello, acolyte Johnson. I’m told you are the person I need to speak with about having a certified divination done on myself. I’m not certain what type, other than to say that I was directed to the Temple of the Divines by Sergeant Dey of the Town Guard.” She paused, taking a breath while determining how best to explain. Truth, while painful, seemed the best route. “A very dear friend of mine was murdered. He has no... had no family, far as we know. I would like to claim his personal effects. Sergeant Dey mentioned several ways to go about doing so, one of which was to receive a certified divination. It seemed like the most straightaway approach. What, ah... does that entail?”
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 189 posts
Fri 17 Jul 2015
at 03:33
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Drazgar continues dancing as he follows.

OOC:
Perform(dance): 16

Mr. Main
 GM, 1073 posts
Sat 18 Jul 2015
at 20:43
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
During the walk...

Darzgar boogies at the back of the line as the group walks. He draws several stares, for a drow dancing in heavy armor in the middle of a temple is quite the sight. A couple kids run up and dance at the back of the line with him for a little bit until their parents come and drag them away scolding them for improper behavior.


Downstairs with Acolyte Johnson

The acolyte behind the desk is young, in his early 20's. He has blonde hair and dark brown eyes. He seems very tall even sitting down, and considering how little of the robe he fills out he seems very slender. Almost skeletal even. He reaches down and opens a draw of the desk he is sitting at and takes out a seal, some incense, wax, a candle, a pad, some paper and what looks like some kind of dust.

"There are a couple different methods. But the cheapest and most efficient is a two step process. I ask you some questions while you are under a zone of truth and then depending on the impression I have I may have to follow up with another spell. the zone of truth will cost you 60 gold. Any other spells I cast afterwards will cost you more. Are you willing to submit to a zone of truth?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 190 posts
Sat 18 Jul 2015
at 20:47
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 11):

OOC: Dance is part of Drazgar's God's porfolio so he is in active worship of his god right now. Clerics in here should only give second glances at him till they see his holy symbol and then wonder why he left the tavern.
Yanyeeku
 player, 158 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Sat 18 Jul 2015
at 21:25
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Yanyeeku had been in mild awe when they arrived at the temple. Having mostly been used to the buildings of his Clan, this was something else entirely. The domes covered with precious stones and metals, the bronze bell... Very different from the shrines back home.

He did his best to ignore Drazgar's behaviour as they were taken to the Acolyte. He was slowly getting used to the drow's odd habit of dancing without apparent reason; although it still felt unusual.
While it did feel inconvenient to have the 'temple store' be out of the way, the provided reasoning made sense. A more mercantile endeavour in a place of worship could be distracting for some.

He listened curiously as the acolyte and Safia spoke, his fan closed in one hand. While accustomed to fanning himself when standing around, he felt it might be disrespectful in the temple. Besides, the divination could prove interesting.
Safia
 player, 72 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 19 Jul 2015
at 18:01
Re: The Temple of the Divines.

“Well that’s costly,” Safia blurted, already in her own zone of truth. “I am certainly willing to submit to a zone of truth, but I haven’t the proper amount of gold. While I trust your word on the efficiency of your spell, we have differing views on what constitutes ‘cheap’.” Safia frowned, frustrated. No wonder the temples were so richly decorated. “I’m sorry to have wasted your time.”

She turned to leave, but then turned back. “...Unless there is a task I can do for you or the Temples to compensate for the three gold I’m shy of your price?”
Mr. Main
 GM, 1074 posts
Mon 20 Jul 2015
at 01:56
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
"I never said it wasn't costly. Just the cheapest of the divination spells at my disposal. I'm sorry if how I phrased that misled you. 60 gold is the standard rate. I can give you a discount if you agree to assist the temple. I'm not entirely sure what other members might need done, but I am sure they can make use of someone talented enough to get onto the Arcadian team for the tourney. The man who showed you down here is Acolyte Anderson. He is in charge of many of the temples Charities. He is always understaffed. Otherwise you could seek out Father Miller. He is the head Administrator of the temple. I'm sure he could find some way to make use of you. How much of a discount are you looking for? Every gold you want off becomes another stamp on this card..." Johson then holds up a small card with spaces for stamps on both the front and back.

 "Once it is filled out you have paid off your Service. You'll just have to fill out this form stating that you promise to render said service. We can perform the divination and have you complete your service later. I'm sure I can trust a member of team Arcadia to not stiff the temple."
Safia
 player, 73 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Mon 20 Jul 2015
at 02:45
Re: The Temple of the Divines.

“Of course you can trust me,” Safia replied, a little surprised the acolyte had taken her up on the offer. After her earlier setback, she had expected another. “If you have any doubt, you could always ask me if I'm trustworthy while I’m in the Zone of Truth,” she teased lightly, flashing a smile.

Safia stepped forward to fill out the promissory form and hand it back to Acolyte Johnson. “Thank you. Your spells may be costly, but your kindness is more than fair. I will pay 55 gold now and I will seek out Acolyte Anderson after we are done here, to see how I might assist in order to fulfill my promise on the other 5 gold.”

She emptied her coin pouch on the counter and put 2 gold back, handing the 55 over to Acolyte Johnson. It was a hefty price, but Safia felt she was doing this for Jace. And he was worth it.




OOC: Giggling at the stamp card. Love it. :)
Dustil Kraye
 player, 769 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 21 Jul 2015
at 15:31
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Dustil listened with a small frown. He shrugged at the price but his eyebrows shot up as Safia kind of setup a small stint of indentured servitude to the Temple to pay for it. He opened his mouth and then shut it after a second. It wasn't his place to stop her if she wanted to do so, he supposed, but he did say, "I can give you the 5 gold you're missing instead if you want, Saf."
Mr. Main
 GM, 1075 posts
Tue 21 Jul 2015
at 22:48
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
 Acolyte Johnson puts the the card down on the desk on the edge closest to Safia. "Your friend is prudent. Time is valuable. It might better suit you to be in debt to close associate rather than a large organization." He then stands up.

"If you would please stand over there." He points to a section of wall away from your friends.

"Once you are ready let me know and I will cast the zone of truth. You will willingly allow it to affect you and then we can begin. If you choose to resist it and succeed. You will be able to lie, but I have had some training in evaluating the veracity of other's claims. If I get the impression you are lying to me I will cast another spell and depending on the result of that spell you will pass of fail for telling the truth. If I feel the need to cast the second spell, but you refuse to pay for it you will fail. Understood?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 191 posts
Wed 22 Jul 2015
at 05:24
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 18):

Drazgar stops dancing for a few moments.

I could give you the 5 gold without requiring repayment. As it seems, this action would benefit the party I am to adventure dance with.
Aden Bero
 player, 910 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 22 Jul 2015
at 18:34
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Aden nodded.  Maybe he'd been a little too quick to judge Drazgar.  Odd customs and mannerisms, for sure, but the drow seemed to be getting that Team Arcadia sticks together.
Safia
 player, 74 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Wed 22 Jul 2015
at 23:01
Re: The Temple of the Divines.

Though Dustil was surprised Safia had offered herself in servitude, she actually felt more comfortable earning her discount, than accepting charity from others. It always made her feel a little uncomfortable to accept help, like she should immediately offer something in return. All she had to give was a slightly awkward, but appreciative smile.

“Thanks, Dustil....If you’re sure?” Of course he was, she knew that, but she didn’t want him to come up short on coins and not be able to fill his flask. She looked to Drazgar the Dancer, offering him a slightly different version of her smile. It held a hint of approval. “Thanks, Drazgar. I hope it will benefit us in our adventure as well.”

Safia nodded at Acolyte Johnson’s wise counsel, but she left Dustil and Drazgar to determine whether or not they would split the cost of helping her, while she followed instruction and moved to the far wall. She placed her back to the wall, turning to face the acolyte. “Yes, I understand and I am ready. Thank you.” At least, she was fairly certain she understood. How difficult could it be? She didn’t have anything to lie about.
Acolyte Johnson
 NPC, 1 post
Wed 22 Jul 2015
at 23:20
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
The Acolyte Raised one of his hands and uttered a very quiet prayer. Safia Felt an odd pressure on her mind OOC: this is the zone of truth. You can submit or resist. If you choose to resist I will roll the attack vs your will. Otherwise you will have to tell the truth. Not that you have anything to Lie about.

"What is your name?" He waits for a response

"How long have you lived in this city?" waits for response

"Do you have any family here?"

"Have you committed any serious crimes? Any petty ones?"

"You are a member of team Arcadia right?"

"How many events in the tournament have you participated in?"

"have you enjoyed the Tournament for far?"

"What is the Name of the man whose belongings you wish to claim?"

"What did he do for a living?"

"How did he Die?"

"Is he a citizen of Arcadia?"

"How long have you known him?"

"Does he have any family?"

"Was he a criminal or otherwise involved in illegal activities?"

"Why do you wish to claim his belongings?"

"Did he owe you, a member of your family or someone you work for money?"

"Do you believe that there was something valuable on his person?"

"Do you believe there is a Key or some other object in his belongings that could be used to gain access to something valuable? Like a safe or stash?"

OOC: that should be most of them. He might ask some more depending on your answers.
Safia
 player, 75 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Fri 24 Jul 2015
at 00:45
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
PM

This message was last edited by the player at 00:49, Fri 24 July 2015.

Safia
 player, 76 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Fri 24 Jul 2015
at 02:06
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
In reply to Acolyte Johnson (msg # 22):

"What is your name?"
“Safia Ar'Thusa Nagi,” she replied easily, having chosen to be submissive to the spell.

"How long have you lived in this city?"
“Twenty-three years”

"Do you have any family here?"
“Yes.”

"Have you committed any serious crimes? Any petty ones?"
“No... to both.”

"You are a member of team Arcadia right?"
“Yes,” she answered, but then her expression grew uncertain. “Actually, I did recuse myself to take care of some things and an alternative was brought in to take my place. So I may not be an 'acting' member at the moment, but I am a member of the team.”

"How many events in the tournament have you participated in?"
“One,” she answered, adding, “Unless you count the contest to reach the Heart of Arcadia in order to earn a place on the team as an ‘event’?” When she knocked out Daven’s teeth with the hilt of her sword. “If so, then it would be two."

“What is the Name of the man whose belongings you wish to claim?"
“Jace.”

"What did he do for a living?"
“Various jobs. He was very resourceful.”

"How did he Die?"
It took Safia a moment to answer. Not because she didn’t want to, but because the macabre memory of how Jace had died—all that blood and body parts—was too horrific to dredge back up. “Dreadfully,” she finally replied with a frown. “He was brutally murdered in what appeared to be a ritualistic fashion.”

"Is he a citizen of Arcadia? How long have you known him? Does he have any family?"
“Yes, I believe he is a citizen of Arcadia. I’ve known him most of my life. He is... was a childhood friend. Jace was a street urchin. He had no family that he knew of, or surely they wouldn’t have left him to grow up alone. At least, he was alone until he met me and our other friend, Tamalie, when we were all around ten years of age.” Safia felt a fine mist gather in her eyes and she drew breath against it.

"Was he a criminal or otherwise involved in illegal activities?"
“In the eyes of the law, the answer is yes. But they don’t know him like I do.” Safia had already answered the question, but she refused to let Jace’s name be tarnished. “He had a good and giving heart. He might have committed petty crimes, but who is truly to blame for that when no one cared for him as a child or taught him right from wrong? He had to learn to fend for himself, to make his own way the best way he knew how. He made some bad choices in life. Who doesn't? But he was good and kind. He helped those who were in need. He would even give his last coin to someone if he believed them to be hungrier than he was, even if it meant he would go without nourishment for himself.”

It was her version of Jace she shared, not anyone else's.

"Why do you wish to claim his belongings?"
“His belongings hold hope for me, the hope that something of his will lead us on the path to finding his killer and bringing that person or persons to justice. I also wish to claim his belongings to have something personal to remember him by, to be able keep a tangible part of him close to my heart. Always.”

Safia lifted the back of her hand to quickly wipe away the moisture that had gathered at the corner of her eye.

"Did he owe you, a member of your family or someone you work for money?"
“I can only answer for myself to say no, he didn’t owe me any money. I don’t believe he owed any money to my family or anyone I work for, but I don’t truly have any knowledge of whether or not he did.”

"Do you believe that there was something valuable on his person?"
“Jace,” she replied, unable to keep the thought to herself. He was valuable. What he had on his person holds value for me because it belonged to him, and therefore it’s a part of my friend that will never die. And as I said, his personal effects hold hope for me as well, which is truly valuable. So my answer is yes.”

Belatedly, Safia recalled that the Captain of the Guard had mentioned 100 platinum pieces were among Jace’s things. Money was the last thing on her mind, though, when thinking of Jace. Besides, she had already answered in the affirmative, so she had told the truth.

"Do you believe there is a Key or some other object in his belongings that could be used to gain access to something valuable? Like a safe or stash?"
“No. ...I don’t believe so.”

It seemed an odd question, a suspect one. The Captain of the Guard hadn’t mentioned a key in Jace’s things and Safia couldn’t help but wonder if that was a customary ‘truth’ question, or more pointed.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:08, Fri 24 July 2015.

Acolyte Johnson
 NPC, 2 posts
Fri 24 Jul 2015
at 23:24
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
The Priest watches you carefully as you answer each question. When the barrage of questions ends he continues to watch you for a few moments more. Finally he ends the spell and walks over to his desk. he signs your form and then stamps it with a seal showing the symbol of the temple of the divines. "If you were lying then you'd be the second best Liar I've ever met. I sense no Deceit in your answers and you do not seem to be interested in his possessions solely for your own personal gain. I see no reason to deny you your friends personal effects. Please hand this to Sargent Dey." Johnson comments as he hands the forms back to you.
Safia
 player, 78 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sat 25 Jul 2015
at 21:11
Re: The Temple of the Divines.

Fleetingly, she wondered at who the second best liar was, though she had been telling the truth.

"Thanks," Safia beamed, unable to contain her joy. She accepted the forms and turned to leave with her teammates, looking askance first to Dustil and Drazgar as they walked. "Thank you, again. We should get this certification back to Sargent Dey before she goes home for the day. I hope that it will be worth more than sentimental value in collecting Jace's things, though it means much to me to be able to do so. I just have a hunch that there will be some clue he left behind, something in his things that will prove useful in delivering justice. I hope..."
Acolyte Johnson
 NPC, 3 posts
Sat 25 Jul 2015
at 21:25
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
"I'll pray for your success." Johnson replies before going back to whatever he had been doing before you arrived. which apparently involved going through some ledgers, signing some papers and working an abacus.

OOC: if you wish to speak with Johnson further you may. Moving you forward a bit.

The team walks up the stairs and through the door back into the temple proper. the group can smell incense burning and hearing chimes, gongs, bells, singing, various other instruments and prayers from various directions. It seems like several groups were having services. Priests wearing robes adorned with symbols of their gods seemed to lead all these services while those in plain robes seemed to be about the business of running and maintaining the temple.

OOC: if any of you feel like doing something in the temple before leaving now is the time.
Aden Bero
 player, 914 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 26 Jul 2015
at 14:09
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Aden asked acolyte Johnson, "Who was the best liar you ever met? And also, are both good and evil gods worshipped here?  If so, does that cause issues?"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:10, Sun 26 July 2015.

Acolyte Johnson
 NPC, 4 posts
Sun 26 Jul 2015
at 14:18
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Downstairs with Johnson

"Telling could cause problems for me so I won't answer your first question. As for the second, yes good and evil gods are both worshiped here and yes in the past that has caused an issue or two. Nothing major and we do a lot to make sure there are no Incidents. Generally though everyone is on their best behavior because they want to be able to keep using the temple."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:47, Sun 26 July 2015.

Aden Bero
 player, 916 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 26 Jul 2015
at 14:31
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
"Oh come now. Your secret would be safe with me. Indulge a fellow practitioner of the divine..."

09:29, Today: Aden Bero rolled 32 using 1d20+12. Diplomacy.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:31, Sun 26 July 2015.

Aden Bero
 player, 917 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 26 Jul 2015
at 14:33
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
UPSTAIRS

Aden asks the others so wait a moment, and stops by Sarenrae's section of the temple, intending to quickly pay his respects.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 193 posts
Sun 26 Jul 2015
at 15:02
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 31):

I should probably stop by Cayden Cailean's area as well.
Drazgar runs over there.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 772 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 27 Jul 2015
at 16:33
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Dustil had the same thought as Drazgar but since he wasn't part of the clergy it wasn't really required of him. He felt more comfortable with his private prayers and heady and frequent worshipping. But he also went to Cayden Cailean's shrine to pray and tithe a gold coin. He would pay more once he had more to give.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1079 posts
Mon 27 Jul 2015
at 21:54
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Aden and the Shrine of Sarenrae

Aden walks the grounds for a while and after about 10 minutes he manages to reach the Shrine of Sarenrea in the connecting hallway that joins the domes. The Shrine is a small Altar with a granite base and a marble top with a statue of a beautiful female Angel in the center. The body is made out of silver, the wings gold and the rising sun haloing her head is made of Platinum. The Altar is bathed in colorful light from Three large stained glass windows; one behind, one in front and one above. Standing Next to the altar burning some incense and chanting some prayers is a middle aged woman wearing the robes of a priest of Sarenrae.


Drazgar and Dustil

The two men wander the ground for some time as well. After a while the come across an odd scene. They find a spot in the hallway with Cayden Cailean's Symbol on the wall. But there is no altar Instead there is a round wooden table much like one would find in a pub. The table is a mess. There are mugs, pitchers and empty bottles and dark spots that must have been spilled liquid of some kind. there are also three men at the table. two seem to be passed out. One face down in a puddle of his own drool. A second slumped backward in his chair. Head up, snoring loudly a dark bottle clutched in one hand. The third is cradling his head in his hands. His elbows on the table. Staring down into it.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 194 posts
Tue 28 Jul 2015
at 00:43
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 34):

Drazgar lifts his mug towards the symbol.
Safia
 player, 81 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Tue 28 Jul 2015
at 03:32
Re: The Temple of the Divines.

Diety-less, Safia wandered outside to enjoy the reflecting ponds and flower beds while she waited for the others. Nature was her temple, more tangible in it's wonders.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 773 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 28 Jul 2015
at 13:47
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Dustil bowed his head for a moment, then looked up and grinned at the symbol with a smile full of mischief. He took a long pull from his flask. Then he set several silver pieces on the table and quietly called out, "Next round's on me, boys." He didn't want to yell and wake them up if they were hung over from 'worshipping' - though a small part of him thought about it, he resisted that urge.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 195 posts
Tue 28 Jul 2015
at 14:34
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 37):

Drazgar places a silver piece on the table.

May your cups be full, may your eyes see beauty and may your feet always be moving.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1080 posts
Tue 28 Jul 2015
at 20:13
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
The man who had been cradling his head in his hands looks up. He's a young man not much older than Dustil. He has Short black hair, dark brown eyes and is a bit scruffy looking. "Feel like having a drink? These Bacchus Scrubs had the gall to challenge A priest of Cailean to a drinking contest. I'll admit they can hold their liquor. Took me two whole days to drink 'em under the table. But Ain't no way in the nine hells they would have won and now they know. Dump 'em out of those chairs, sit, and let's make a toast."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 196 posts
Wed 29 Jul 2015
at 00:26
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 39):

Drazgar shrugs then relieves one of the men of their chair gently and sits down.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1081 posts
Wed 29 Jul 2015
at 00:38
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
"What ya Drink friend?" the priest asks Drazgar as he stands reaches back over his chair into a small Cupboard.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 197 posts
Wed 29 Jul 2015
at 01:34
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 41):

Just a basic ale friend.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 774 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 29 Jul 2015
at 16:35
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Dustil let out a belly laugh, genuinely amused. "TWO DAY? Man! That must'a been SOME party! Good on you fer showin' 'em up, though!" He grinned widely, but his laugh reduced to a chuckle.

When asked about drinking, he perked up. "Whatta ya got? I mean, ale's fine, 'less you got somethin' better."
Aden Bero
 player, 918 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 29 Jul 2015
at 19:37
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Aden walks up to shrine and the priestess, taking out a gold piece and looking for a place to put it.  He mentally offers a prayer for the souls of his departed parents, that they found peace in sarenrae's light.

also, I made a diplomacy check on the priest down stairs, 2 posts ago
Mr. Main
 GM, 1083 posts
Sat 1 Aug 2015
at 14:17
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Back down stairs. Sorry forgot about your Diplomancy Check Aden.

"I'm sorry. I'm sure you wouldn't out me, but I am not allowed to tell you their name. Besides the possible consequences for both of us that would be a breach of trust and faith. Which would reflect poorly upon this temple. I cannot allow that."

At the shine of Cailean.

The Priest places a tankard down in front of Draz'gar, then grabs a large plain brown bottle and pours some Ale into the tankard. As he is doing this he replies to Dustil "I've got just about everything in my little cupboard here. So as long as you don't want anything really rare, exotic, or super expensive I've got ya covered."

at the shrine of Sarenrae </orange>

"Are you here for Sarenae's blessing, to offer praise and thanks or to ask for intercession on your behalf?" The priestess asks.
Aden Bero
 player, 919 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sat 1 Aug 2015
at 17:01
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Downstairs

Aden nodded with understanding, thanking the man for his assistance.

Sarenrae Shrine

"Just paying my respects to the Dawnflower." Aden reaches out, offering the gold piece to the woman. "My mother was a cleric of Sarenrae. Adeen Nuraya Bero"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 775 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 1 Aug 2015
at 22:05
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Dustil grinned widely as the priest talked on. "Wellll, how bout you surprise me. You're the expert, after all. Somethin' with a kick to it please!" He let out a chuckle.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1084 posts
Sun 2 Aug 2015
at 03:30
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Sarenrae Shrine

"I'm sorry I do not recognize the name, but I am sure it would please her to see that you revere the god she dedicated herself too. Thank you for the offering and your respect. May Sarenrae's grace shine down upon you and light your path." The priestess replies she blesses your before taking the gold piece and putting it in a small offering box next to the altar.

Shrine of Cailean

The Priest grabs a small glass. Puts it on the table in front of Dustil. He takes out a light blue bottle and pours a mostly clear liquid with a slight amber tinge into it. He then Pours some of that very same liquid into a small glass that in front of him.


He holds the glass up and says "To challenges and overcoming them..." Then looks to both of you to finish the toast.
Aden Bero
 player, 920 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 2 Aug 2015
at 18:43
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Aden inquires, "How did you come to worship Sarenrae, if you don't mind me asking?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 198 posts
Sun 2 Aug 2015
at 21:01
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 48):

Drazgar raises his glass high.

And to celebrating overcoming as hard afterwards.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 776 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 2 Aug 2015
at 21:07
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Dustil raised his glass as well, "An' t'those who stand beside us while we do all o'those things! Praise be t'Cayden Cailean!" He then downed his shot and shook his head as he let out a gasping breath! "Yowza! That's good stuff!"
Mr. Main
 GM, 1085 posts
Mon 3 Aug 2015
at 22:29
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Sarenrae Shrine

"I don't mind. I was in a dark place. I had just lost my family in a mud slide that wiped the small village where we lived. only a handful of us survived and we were in shock. we didn't know what to do. That's when a Cleric of Sarenrae on Pilgrimage happened upon our town. He helped us retrieve and bury the dead as well as organized us so we could salvage what we could of the town to make new homes and tools so we could feed ourselves again. He stayed with us for two whole months and then once we were able to stand on our own again he quietly left and continued his journey. My family is gone and nothing can ever fill that hole. But that priest helped me to realize I was not helpless, that one person can do a whole lot of good and that the world could use more people doing just that."

Shrine of Cailean

The Priest of Cailean tapped his glass to both of yours and downed his drink. "Yeah, it's my favorite. Gotta be careful with it though. To much and the clothes start coming off or so I hear. I've never hit that point, but most people can't drink like I can."
Aden Bero
 player, 921 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 4 Aug 2015
at 00:36
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Aden nodded, "It just takes one flame to dispel the darkness. From what I know, my mother did a lot of good in the name of Sarenrae. My name is Aden Bero, and I'm an acolyte oracle of flame at the temple of many mysteries. If you or your church ever needs any assistance, send word to me."

"Also, my friends and I are helping the order of the radiant heart look into some recent murders.  We think zsasz knives may be involved, if that means anything to you.  Please don't go looking for trouble, but if you learn of anything that might help, we'd appreciate a heads up."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:39, Tue 04 Aug 2015.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 777 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 4 Aug 2015
at 16:50
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Dustil gave the man a little bow after the drinks were finished. "Thank you for the drink an' toast. May freedom always be yours, an' may your heart be ever joyous." Unless the priest had anything else to add, Dustil took his leave and started heading back to the group.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 199 posts
Tue 4 Aug 2015
at 18:12
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 54):

Drazgar heads back with Dustil.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1086 posts
Wed 5 Aug 2015
at 22:15
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Sarenrae Shrine

"Thank you for your offer. If we ever need your help we'll let you know. Your donation will do a lot of good. I'll keep an ear out for anything about murders, but I doubt I'll hear anything. The paladins of The Radiant Dawn and the Town Guard are quite capable. I'm sure they'll find out something before any rumors of whispers make their way to me through fellow priest or the faithful."

Shrine of Cailean

"Thanks. Same to you and Good Luck" The priest replies as he waves.
Aden Bero
 player, 922 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Thu 6 Aug 2015
at 04:37
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Aden nods with understanding, hoping indeed the priestess comes nowhere near anything connected to these murders. He offers farewell, and then moves to join back up with his companions, ready to head out.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1087 posts
Sat 8 Aug 2015
at 01:59
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Safia and Yanyeeku enjoy the gardens, ponds and other scenery on the temple grounds for a short while. Aden, Dustil and Drazgar soon rejoin them.

So back to Town Guard headquarters I'm guessing? everyone done here for the moment?
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 200 posts
Sat 8 Aug 2015
at 04:16
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 58):


I am done here.
Aden Bero
 player, 923 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sat 8 Aug 2015
at 18:28
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Aden joins back up with the group, ready to head out.
Yanyeeku
 player, 160 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Sat 8 Aug 2015
at 20:01
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Having mostly just wandered the gardens, Yanyeeku was quick to rejoin the party to leave.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 778 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 8 Aug 2015
at 20:59
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
Dustil nodded to the group as he and Drazgar showed back up, a grin plastered on his face still as the alcoholic-warmth still filled his belly a bit. "Are we ready to head out?"
Safia
 player, 82 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sat 8 Aug 2015
at 21:22
Re: The Temple of the Divines.

At Dustil's voice, Safia looked up from where she sat, watching the fish swim in the pond. In the face of his grin, she couldn't help but smile as she stood. "Ready as I'll ever be."
Mr. Main
 GM, 1089 posts
Tue 11 Aug 2015
at 03:34
Re: The Temple of the Divines.
And so the Champions of Arcadia head out to the divide and the town Guard head quarters.