The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Aden Bero
 player, 934 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Fri 25 Sep 2015
at 17:56
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
Before the screams, outside
Drazgar In'lyndl:
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 16):

What can I tell you about the life of a Drow noble?

"As much as you would like.  I'm fascinated.  I've heard stories of Drow cruelty, but you seem an alright guy so far."


After the screams

When the boy outside rushed in the tent and started cursing, Aden sprung up from his and Drazgar's conversation, rushing in to the tent with a javelin in hand.  Looking around and assessing the situation, he calmed down a bit, but the tension was thick in the air.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 209 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2015
at 01:29
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 22):

Just before Aden jumps up.

First thing, in Drow society that which Humans think is most deviant is consdiered weak to Drow. Weak like more tolerable then normality.

Yanyeeku
 player, 165 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Sat 26 Sep 2015
at 04:37
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
"Seems like whoever this person is, he was keeping an eye out for divinations. Counter of some sort led to a psychic backlash." Yanyeeku mused as he knelt beside one of the seers. He knew he couldn't really help them but at least he could keep an eye out for further issues.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1109 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2015
at 18:25
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
The boy checks on each of the seers before answering "I don't know what happened, but it looks like they will be okay. They just need some time. They are done diving for today."
Safia
 player, 99 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 27 Sep 2015
at 20:06
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.

Safia nodded to the boy, then tossed a rueful smile to Aden. It was a look that said things didn't quite go as they had hoped. Her attention shifted to Yanyeeku and she sought more of his counsel. "Do you think this person could see through the eyes of the seers to us? Did he employ the magic of others to thwart inquires into his business, or was the backlash his own doing?"

She wasn't yet ready to accept the seers fear of the nameless Harbringer of Death, Weaver of War ...The Master of Kadamitar who may or may not go by the moniker of Clahrg. Of course, the last thought was tongue-in-cheek.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:07, Sun 27 Sept 2015.

Aden Bero
 player, 935 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 29 Sep 2015
at 22:24
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
Aden just shook his head at all the weird stuff that was happening around them.  He should be used to it by now.

"Maybe we should head out while we talk, and let these ladies recover." Not to mention these seers creeped him out, and it was cold in here.  Aden didn't much care for the cold, unless it was a frosted ale courtesy of Morien.

Assuming the group moved outside, and maybe headed elsewhere, Aden chimed in after Safia brought him up to speed, "Yeah Yan, can you make any sense of all that."
Yanyeeku
 player, 166 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Tue 29 Sep 2015
at 22:42
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
Yanyeeku nodded acknowledgement at the body, following Aden and Safia out. As the latter posed the question at him, he rubbed his chin in thought, head tilted to the side. "... I'd be hazarding a guess, but I don't think he did. Otherwise why cause the backlash and reveal he knew he was being spied on? As for the backlash itself, I wouldn't know if it was his doing or someone else on his behalf. To really know would require more divination magic, which I cannot do."

He shrugged slightly, wearing a rueful smile. "Sorry, I can't really give more than that. One way or another though, it's likely he actively caused the backlash rather than it being a passive thing, or we would not have heard as much as we did. But, again, this is speculation."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 791 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 30 Sep 2015
at 04:14
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
Dustil, for one at least, was glad to get out of the tent. The whole experience had been creepy, surreal and left him a bit shaken for the moment. He took a very long pull from his flask and seemed to calm himself once more. Or maybe it was just warming him up from the cold? That was possible. Sure.

"Someone....or something...doesn't like when people talk about them. Doesn't want people to talk about them or speak their name. Doesn't want us to get closer to the truth." He pushed his chin to the side and up with one fist, causing a small popping sound in his neck. "Well too bad. Cause we're gonna find out an' kick his or her ass!"
Safia
 player, 100 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Fri 2 Oct 2015
at 01:04
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.

“Speculation is good. It beats ‘Weaver of War’,” she offered with a wry smile as she moved out of the tent with the others. “We’ll just have to dig further, and now we know to look for someone whose name starts with ‘Cl’ ...I think.”

Her disappointment faded into amusement at Dustil’s fiery words. She chuckled softly. “That’s right. We’ll just have to smack back, only harder.” Easier said than done, she thought with a faint furrow returning to her brow. Safia wasn’t sure how she was going to go about fighting powerful magic. She looked to the others. “What do you think the seers meant by ‘Murderers, monsters and fallen stars, who as demon rise’? It seems in line with the theory of someone trying to bring the Zsasz psycho back to life. But to what end?”
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 210 posts
Fri 2 Oct 2015
at 01:38
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
In reply to Safia (msg # 30):

Sounds like A description of a Drow to me

Drazgar offers confidently.
Aden Bero
 player, 936 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sat 3 Oct 2015
at 22:52
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
Aden thought about it, to see if the seers words rang any bells with his studies.

17:50, Today: Aden Bero rolled 24 using 1d20+7.  know religion.
17:50, Today: Aden Bero rolled 23 using 1d20+6.  know history.
17:50, Today: Aden Bero rolled 22 using 1d20+6.  know planes.


"Where to next?"
Aden Bero
 player, 937 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 4 Oct 2015
at 14:09
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
Something clicked with Aden, "I think we're dealing with a death cult.  Weaver of war and harbringer of death seem like titles many faiths use. Harbinger of Death is another way of saying Reaper, and I know many death cults use such a title."

"Kadamitar means nothing to me."


Drazgar In'lyndl:
Sounds like A description of a Drow to me

Drazgar offers confidently.

"No wonder you got the hell out of the underdark, Draz.  How did you turn out the way you did, growing up amongst a bunch of devious murderers?"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:16, Sun 04 Oct 2015.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 211 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2015
at 15:28
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 33):

devious murders, social and sexual deviants, cruel women.


As his face starts to seem confused by differing emotions.
Safia
 player, 102 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 4 Oct 2015
at 18:33
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.

"Drazgar, you said it sounds like the description of a Drow to you," Safia said in reply to his earlier comment. She watched the uncommon play of emotion on Drazgar's face, curious as to the range and cause. "Was that just a comparison of descriptors? Or do you actually believe the seers were speaking of Drow? Does Kadamitar mean anything to you? Perhaps it's a place," she murmured the latter. Even as she queried, she searched the library of her mind for answers as well.

Aden drew her attention as he posed 'Where to next?'. Food and a good night's rest immediately sprung to mind, though she doubted she'd sleep well this night. Maybe after she sat down and took the time to truly look over Jace's things, to hold something that belonged to him in her hands...to try and understand. She hadn't had the opportunity to do so yet, and still held out hope there might be some clue therein. "I don't know," she voiced the summation of her thoughts. "I'm open to suggestions."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 213 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2015
at 22:13
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
In reply to Safia (msg # 35):

could be although not from my city in the neardark has to be below another continent or in another city below this continent or deeper. please Cayden not deeper.

Drazga to tells Safia matter a fact my as he thinks about it then visibly shudders talking about deeper then neardark.
Aden Bero
 player, 940 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 6 Oct 2015
at 22:33
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
"Yanyeeku, you ever heard of Kadamitar?"  The bard seemed like he knew a lot about a lot, as tended to be true for bards.

"I want to swing by the Temple of Many Mysteries and see if I can sweet talk some oracles of life into recharging our rod of healing.  Anyone want to come with?"

"Depending on how that goes, maybe I'll meet y'all afterwards.  Yan, can use that scroll of comprehend languages and look over the scroll we got from the library?  That way we can take down the gauntlet tomorrow and leave the competition in the dust."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:33, Tue 06 Oct 2015.

Yanyeeku
 player, 168 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Wed 7 Oct 2015
at 00:20
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
"I'm... Not sure. Give me a few moments to think about it." The bard responded, his brows drawn in a thoughtful frown as he tried to think of whether or not he had heard the name. "And sure, when we get somewhere quieter and safer, I'll go over the scroll from the library."

Take 10 on basically everything that it could be related to for a total of 18. 20 if Arcana.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 214 posts
Wed 7 Oct 2015
at 02:34
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
In reply to Yanyeeku (msg # 38):

Drazgar sits, rests his elbow on his knee and his forehead in his palm.
Kadamitar you say.




religion:13, nobility:23
Dustil Kraye
 player, 793 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 8 Oct 2015
at 16:13
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
Dustil shook his head a bit as thoughts and memories jumbled around, fighting for prominence and remembrance. He tried to remember if he'd ever heard that name before, but he didn't think he had. He looked at Aden and Yan. "If either o'you need or want company in case o'trouble, m'happy t'tag along. Otherwise, back t'the inn fer me."
Safia
 player, 103 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 11 Oct 2015
at 22:14
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.

Safia offered a nod of acknowledgment to Drazgar as he stated, more or less, that he wasn't familiar with the name of Kadamitar. Aden drew her attention at the mention of a scroll and languages.

"What language is this scroll in?" Safia asked Aden, then looked to Yan. "I know quite a few languages and might be able to help. I'd like to join you in the library."

She looked to Dustil. "I doubt there will be any trouble in the library, but your company is always welcome."
Aden Bero
 player, 947 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 12 Oct 2015
at 17:53
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
"Not sure about the language.  We didn't know it, but the scroll of comprehend languages will take care of that."

"Alright, I'll bid you guys goodnight and see if I can get our healing stick charged up for tomorrow.  Send word to the temple if any of you have trouble, and I'll be there as quick as I can."


Aden heads towards the Temple of Many Mysteries.
Yanyeeku
 player, 171 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Tue 13 Oct 2015
at 02:39
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
"At this point in time we're relying on a spell to translate it. I'm not sure what language it's in, but I know it's not one of the ones I recognise. You still may know it though." The bard responded to Safia, looking between Aden and her. "I certainly won't mind the assistance regardless. The same with you Dustil."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:40, Tue 13 Oct 2015.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 218 posts
Wed 14 Oct 2015
at 18:43
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
In reply to Yanyeeku (msg # 43):

I should go to the Monkey if Dustil doesn't.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 794 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 14 Oct 2015
at 19:25
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
Dustil flashed a smile at Safia, then turned first to Aden and then to Yan as they spoke. He opened his mouth to reply, but Drazgar's statement brought him up short, with a confused look on his face. "Um...why? I've just had a pretty good shock t'the system, but...why does one of us need t'be at the Monkey?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 219 posts
Wed 14 Oct 2015
at 20:03
Re: The tent of the Blackfrost Seers.
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 45):

Not what I meant. If you got to the Monkey, I will as well.