Festival Day 3.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Mr. Main
 GM, 1131 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2015
at 19:05
Festival Day 3
And so the Sun rises on another Day and the Festival continues. The past few days have been real trying, but Team Arcadia has persevered and currently has the lead in the point tally. If they can keep this up the championship is theirs.

Safia and everyone who stayed at the monkey last night please make a perception check.

Each of you awakes to find a note left for you earlier in the morning by Tio. He asks that everyone be at the Arena by the fourth bell of the morning (10 am) and that you be as prepared as possible.
Yanyeeku
 player, 183 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Sun 15 Nov 2015
at 00:09
Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku was quick to wake up, nervous about the day. He'd presumably be doing more than the usual.

16:06, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 19 using 1d20+8 ((11)).

After preparing himself for the day, he found the note from Tio and read it briefly. He still had time until fourth bell so he could at least take a bit of time before heading over there. Instead he ordered food from the barkeep, a light breakfast, and decided to wait for the others.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:12, Sun 15 Nov 2015.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 803 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 15 Nov 2015
at 00:11
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil woke up early, just before the sun rose. Not because he had an internal alarm clock or was trained to do so, but because he had asked to be woken up at that time before he went to bed the night before. He groaned and made some unintelligible noises, but he slowly dragged himself out of bed. He scrubbed his face and cleaned up before dressing.

He then noticed the note and read it twice. He gave a small nod of his head, to himself as no one else was around to see it. He pocketed the note and made a mental note to ask the others if they received a note as well - just a little paranoid about his old archenemy setting a trap.

He headed downstairs, and despite his grumbling wakeup, he looked bright and eager enough. He did ask the bartender about the bar waitress who had been assaulted to see how she was doing. And then ordered breakfast.

OOC: 17:04, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 18 using 1d20+12.  Perception.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 225 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2015
at 01:34
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 3):

Drazgar seems to wake up with just enough time to do his morning work out and have breakfast.
Morien
 player, 564 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 15 Nov 2015
at 07:07
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien had not stayed at the monkey the night before, but he nonetheless showed up a little before 10. However, unlike normal, he wasn't wearing his helmet. His chin bore the rough, furry look of one who had gone a day without shaving. His eyes were bloodshot and dark rings had begun to form around them.

 He went strait to the bar, ordered a drink, and began to nurse it between interlocked fingers as a thin rim of crackling frost began to spread its way from where his hands touched the mug. His eyes were practically glazed over as his inner thoughts seemed to render him blind and deaf to all else.
Safia
 player, 118 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 15 Nov 2015
at 20:00
Re: Festival Day 3

Safia greeted the day with a pre-dawn workout, which included a jog along her favorite woodland trail. Long runs always helped to clear her mind, and today, she was determined to be ready both physically and mentally for the challenges ahead. She partook of a hearty, protein-rich breakfast and encouraging conversation with her family before heading back into town, Tio’s note neatly folded and tucked away in the tiny leather pocket of her tiny leather skirt.

Fully geared up and prepared to meet the aforementioned challenges, she made her way to the Arena, keeping an eye out for her teammates along the way.

~

Perception: rolled 15

OOC: Since Tio's note said to 'be prepared', Safia is wearing her arm bracers, Masterwork Chain Shirt, and carrying all of her weapons. ...including the spoon poking out of her pocket.
:P

Mr. Main
 GM, 1132 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2015
at 21:31
Re: Festival Day 3
OOC: everyone is supposed to be at the arena at 10. Does everyone want to meet up at the monkey first or should we, after breakfast and I have prepared this and grabbed X for today stuff, have you guys meet up in the arena?

Dustil:


Yanyeeku:


Safia:




Morian walks into the monkey, shortly after the 3rd bell ( it takes some time to walk to the Arena after all) and sees both Dustil and Yanyeeku eating breakfast at the bar. Morien walks over and orders a drink. He seems a bit moody, but that's kinda his thing. Other then the three of you there are not any other patrons currently.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 226 posts
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 00:49
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 7):

Drazgar finishes his breakfast and then walks over to sit next to Dustil.
Yanyeeku
 player, 184 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 01:54
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku greeted each of the Arcadia team members as they joined him in the morning. Despite some difficulty sleeping, he was still well-rested and ready for the day.

OOC: Yanyeeku has what little gear he has with him.
Aden Bero
 player, 966 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 02:40
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden awoke with the sunrise, spent time in meditation staring into a burning candle while smoking his pipe, and went to meet his companions at the Drunken Monkey.

To Morien, he replied, "Looking a little haggard buddy.  What did you get into last night?"

To the rest of the party, he suggested, "Let's talk inventory.  We need to make sure we're stocked up on adventuring 101 essentials.  Rope, ammunition, etc."
Morien
 player, 565 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 10:24
Re: Festival Day 3
 Only when he was spoken to did Morien rise from his distraction. "Little more than an exercise in futility, I'm afraid."

 Morien stared down into his cup, losing himself once more in his thoughts...
Dustil Kraye
 player, 804 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 19:08
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil greeted Yan upon coming downstairs. He whispered his thanks to Bear, for both the news and the coffee. He gave a nod of greeting to Drazgar when the drow appeared. He raised his glass to Aden and Morien when he saw them enter.
Safia
 player, 119 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Fri 20 Nov 2015
at 03:42
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 7):


Judging by where the sun sat in the sky, Safia realized she had some time to burn before her 10am call to the arena. She veered off toward the Drunken Monkey figuring she’d find her teammates there...well, Dustil and Drazghar would be there for certain. It wasn’t an establishment that she frequented until late, but it seemed to have become her teammates’ favorite watering hole.

~

OOC: I’m good either way, with meeting at the Drunken Monkey or the Arena.
Aden Bero
 player, 967 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sat 21 Nov 2015
at 23:02
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden thinks out loud, "We need the following things, just incase:

100 ft. of rope, 200 ft. is even better.
A grappling hook
A 10 ft. pole
Some canvas sacks
Crowbar
Climbers kit...

Anyone have any of that?  Or can you think of anything else?

I have a couple flasks of holy water, a few flasks of oil, and some alchemist's fire."

Dustil Kraye
 player, 805 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 22 Nov 2015
at 03:23
Re: Festival Day 3
OOC: We do still have 3 lengths of 50' rope (30lbs) each with a grappling hook tied to it (12lbs) listed on my sheet. So we could either divvy that up different or buy more rope if you think we need it.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:42, Wed 25 Nov 2015.

Aden Bero
 player, 968 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 25 Nov 2015
at 08:58
Re: Festival Day 3
That should be good for rope.  Let's pick up the rest real quick since no one has it.  Aden votes to stop by the nearest adventurer's supply store or wal-mart.
Morien
 player, 566 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 25 Nov 2015
at 23:06
Re: Festival Day 3
OOC: I have 100ft of rope, 2 grappling hooks, and a crowbar
Mr. Main
 GM, 1133 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2015
at 00:53
Re: Festival Day 3
As everyone discusses their equipment and readiness for the days challenges Felece comes by with coffee for everyone "It's on the house. Want to make sure you're all awake and ready for today." She comments as she hands them out. The coffee is very hot and dark black. Bear sticks some cream, milk and honey on the bar for anyone who wants to add something to their drink.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 227 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2015
at 01:21
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 18):

Drazgar orders another ale.
Morien
 player, 567 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 27 Nov 2015
at 08:04
Re: Festival Day 3
 As bleary eyed as Morien was, he partook heartily of the coffee... or it would be more accurate to say that he partook of the milk and honey, only flavoring it with coffee.
Aden Bero
 player, 969 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Fri 27 Nov 2015
at 15:21
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden toasted their benefactors, and drank deeply, feeling the hot black coffee rush down his throat.  He handled the heat with ease, letting it fuel his furnace.  He started loading his pipe, tapping tobacco into the bowl.

"So 250 ft in rope, 5 grappling hooks, and a crowbar.  Let's finish our coffee and grab the pole, sacks, and climbers kit."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 806 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 27 Nov 2015
at 15:45
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil smiled at Felece and thanked her. He drank deeply of his coffee after blowing it for a few seconds. "Alright. Let's make it a great day then, shall we?"

He put on a cheery front of optimism. It would be very hard to tell that he hadn't slept that well or that he was worried about something.

Then he finished up and got ready to go.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 228 posts
Fri 27 Nov 2015
at 16:44
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 22):

Drazgar drinks his ale. When he is done he follows Dustil out quietly.
Morien
 player, 568 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 28 Nov 2015
at 08:05
Re: Festival Day 3
 After drinking his coffee, Morien put on his helmet, obscuring the view of his haggard face, and followed after the group. Though he had appeared weary when he had first arrived, the coffee seemed to have perked him up... at least in body.
Safia
 player, 120 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 29 Nov 2015
at 00:46
Re: Festival Day 3

She may have arrived too late for the caffeine-rich coffee Felece offered her teammates, but Safia had already downed a cup or two from home. Her brother Basil could have benefitted from the same, she thought with a slight grumble. He hadn’t eased her curiosity about Ethan in the least.

Unable to shake the peculiar feeling of eyes on her back, Safia paused just outside the Drunken Monkey to toss a glance over her shoulder.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1134 posts
Sun 29 Nov 2015
at 02:05
Re: Festival Day 3
The group heads out of the monkey and makes their way to arena with a quick stop on the way...
OOc: are you going anywhere in particular for the sacks, pole and climber's kit? It's all standard equipment you can find with ease in a large city. So you can just add it to someone's equipment after paying for it if you'd like. No need to Rp picking it up unless you want to.
Aden Bero
 player, 970 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 29 Nov 2015
at 02:43
Re: Festival Day 3
i'll add it tomorrow, and let Safia know how much to subtract from the newly received gold.

If Aden's companions seemed more tense/worried than usual, it was certainly lost on Aden.  He was almost skipping as they left the monkey and entered the crowded streets.  "Today is the day we take the lead that will carry us to the champions spot.  We have the strongest team we've fielded yet."  He wished a few other comrades were present, but their ensemble was strong.  Definitely melee heavy, but the spell-casters would just need to be tactical with their support.

As they neared the arena, Aden's smile only got wider as he got fired up.

"By the way guys, I can shoot fireballs now.  If there's a group of enemies in front of us, and it makes sense, give me a second to blast them before you move in."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:46, Sun 29 Nov 2015.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 807 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 29 Nov 2015
at 03:31
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil gave Aden a sly smile with a sidelong look. "I also got some new tricks up my robe-sleeves. Some o'the stuff my ol' sensei tried t'teach me finally made sense. Darkness can be a powerful ally." He then snorted. He wasn't really in to the whole 'cryptic' mumbojumbo talk like the masters were back at the monastery.

He planted one fist in to the other hand's open palm. "Let's kick some ass!"
Yanyeeku
 player, 185 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Mon 30 Nov 2015
at 18:40
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku had confirmed previously that he didn't have a great deal in the way of gear; not being accustomed to travel that would require the mentioned items. He listened curiously as Aden and Dustil both confirmed having mastered new techniques; perhaps they all had. "We've all gotten a bit more skilled from our last gauntlet attempt haven't we?" He commented idly. "I wonder what we will be doing in the arena today."
Aden Bero
 player, 971 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 30 Nov 2015
at 19:38
Re: Festival Day 3
5 sacks, 2.5 lbs, .5 gp
Climber's kit, 5 lbs, 80 gp
Pole, 8 lbs, .05 gp

Safia, please subtract 80.55 gp from Jace's. I think Aden has the carrying capacity to hold all of this, I'll let you know if not.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1136 posts
Sun 6 Dec 2015
at 23:37
Re: Festival Day 3
The team bought their last minute supplies and then headed for the Arena. The streets were crowded and the going was slow. As they approached the Arena they could see a huge line filing back for almost a mile. It seemed like the whole city was trying to squeeze in to see today's challenge. As the group reached the Main gate they saw Tio waiting for them.

"Good. You were almost late. Hurry inside to the Arcadia box. The Mayor is about to announce today's challenge. I hope you are ready." Tio commented and then started to lead you inside. As the group hurried to their box they could see that the Arena was filled. You were unsure how any of the people waiting outside could fit in.

The Team settled into their box and waited for about ten minutes. That's when a loud Fan fare rung out. The crowd settled and the Mayor walked forward.

"The Challenges of the First two days have allowed all the competitors to display their prowess, wit and valor. And all of us have enjoyed watching. But starting today the tournament beings in earnest! The challenges of these next few days are nothing like the warm ups of the first two days. These challenges will test the limits of these brave individuals and if our heroes cannot exceed those limits they will fail." The Mayor paused briefly to let that sink in before continuing.

"Today's challenge is a Scenario battle. hundreds of Scenarios have been planned and prepared in advance. Each team and the Scenario they will face will be selected randomly. If the team successfully clears the Scenario they will receive 75 victory points. After all the Scenarios have been completed the spectators will vote on which one they thought was the most entertaining and exciting. The first place winner will get an additional 50 victroy points, second place will get 10 and third will get 5. Let the Selection begin!"

IN the center of the arena on the illusionary display two wheels start spinning. One is filled with team names. The other with question marks, apparently the scenarios. The wheels spin and spin and eventually they settle upon Team Forge-town and ???. Apparently no one gets to know what the scenario is until the team has entered the arena floor and is ready to go. Team Forge-town makes their way down. Once they are in the center of the sands the Mayor speak up.

"The first team selected is Team Forge-town and they must...ESCAPE THE MINOTAUR FILLED LABYRINTH!"

Suddenly wall start to spring up all around the Arena and within a matter of seconds Team Forge-town finds themselves in the center of a dark and cramped maze.

OOC: will continue But I will put a small break here so you guys can respond, comment and talk amongst yourselves such before I continue.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:51, Sat 13 Feb 2016.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1137 posts
Mon 7 Dec 2015
at 04:18
Re: Festival Day 3
At first Team forge-town doesn't move. It seems like they are discussing something. But then after about half a minute they begin to move. Walking down one of the paths. They hit a corner with another hall down to their left. But instead of heading down the open corridor they take out large hammers and start smashing the corner until enough of the wall topples for them to pass through single file. They keep this up literally going in a straight line and smashing anything that gets in their way. AS they are smashing a wall a Minotaur charges them from behind. Smashing into Cleave, the large one that particpated in the test of mettle with Morien. The minotaur pushing him against the wall and attempts to gore him, but it's horns are turned by his heavily reinforced Metal "hide". The other warforged turn and as one swarm the minotaur bringing it down with a vicious brutal efficiency. They continue on their path smashing hole into any wall that blocks their path. Several walls smashes later a group of three minotaurs lies in wait for them to bust through a wall. ON charges from the front just as the opening is made while the other two charge them from behind.

This time though it looks like the warforged are ready because the Minotaur charging from the front runs into a pike held by one of the smaller warforged. While Cleave and Stalwart, the two larger warforged, intercept the Minotaurs charging from the rear. As the minotaur charging from the front impales it's self on the pike the fourth warforged tumbles past it and stabs it in the back with two short swords. It howls in pain and turns to swing it's axe at him. it misses. as that minotaur changes it focus to the warforged that stabbed it in the back, the one who had set the spear tumbles back draws a bow and fire two arrows. Both strike the beasts spine stopped it in it's tracks. AS it howls with rage and pain the other warforged takes the opportunity and thrusts one of it's short swords into the wounded beasts  throat. killing it.

Meanwhile Cleave after trading a blow of two lives up to his name and cuts the Minotaur he was fighting in half with his falchion. He then moves to join Stalwart who, has been fighting more defensively. Blocking and deflecting all of the minotaur's axe swings while landing solid but light strikes with his longsword. Cleave charges the minotuar from behind and cuts a large rend across his back. The warforged with a bow turns and quickly fires off two arrows which strike the minotaurs shoulders. Giving Stalwart the distraction he needs to run the beast through with his long sword. After dropping the last minotaur the group immediately goes back to work busting out of the labyrinth in a straight line. With another twenty minutes they manage to bust through the last wall and are outside.

The crowd cheers as Team Forge-town walks back into their box.

"Team Forge-Town has successfully escaped the labyrinth and will receive 75 vicotry points. now time to select the next team. It is..." and once again the spinning wheels appear. This time it is Team Urdrak that is called out. They walk out onto the sands.

"TEAM URDRAK MUST DEFEND THEIR FLEET FROM THE TERROR OF THE DEEP!" And suddenly the floor of the arena lowers and it seems like the Arena expands making the center area larger. Three ships appear with team Urdrak on the center one. The arena suddenly fills with water and soon the ships are maned by sailors. Each one armed with a harpoon and having a couple longboats.

OOC: going to take another little break here. Feel free to rp and such as you watch.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 03:00, Tue 08 Dec 2015.

Morien
 player, 569 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 7 Dec 2015
at 04:53
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien watches the fights, mentally cataloging how he would have handled the situation if he had been there... all the while being fully aware that it was a waste of time since he had no way of knowing what their "scenario" would be.

 "I hope we don't end up in the water."

 He very much doubted he'd be of much use in a scenario like the one going on right now...
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 229 posts
Mon 7 Dec 2015
at 05:44
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Morien (msg # 33):

Drazgar shrugs.

"being in the water might be a reason for Safia to show us more skin.
Yanyeeku
 player, 186 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Mon 7 Dec 2015
at 06:06
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku shuddered. "I will be happy enough if we aren't fighting on water. My swimming skills aren't the best." He didn't feel too happy about the thought of a minotaur labyrinth either, but of the two it seemed the safer option for him.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 808 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 7 Dec 2015
at 06:17
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil waited with all the patience he could muster for the announcements to begin. When it did he looked a bit surprised, "The first two days were warm-ups?" He shook his head and let out a quiet, bemused chuckle. But the rest of the announcement held his attention. Random teams and random scenarios. Interesting and difficult.

He scoffed at the first team breaking through the walls. "Kinda lame t'defeat the whole purpose of a maze. I mean, that's half o'the fun!" He rolled his eyes.

When the second scenario came up some of his teammates began discussing water. He gave a sidelong glance at Drazgar's comment but didn't say anything about it. "I doubt they'll repeat scenario environments an' conditions, so each is likely t'be different from the last, gents. Won't know til we get there, unfortunately."

He glanced at Aden and Yaneeku. "One o'ya use the wand t'put Mage Armor on me when we go down?"

This message was last edited by the player at 06:19, Mon 07 Dec 2015.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1138 posts
Mon 7 Dec 2015
at 23:13
Re: Festival Day 3
The ships begin to move forward as if they are on an open body of water and not inside an arena, but they never seem to move much closer to the other end. It's an odd, slightly confusing and almost disorienting sight. The ships sail in a line with each one a little behind and to the port of the ship in front. All the ships have harpoons, but the ship in the center has what looks like some sort of harpoon canon. Red mans that. The human in the party climbs up the crows nest and seems to start looking around. one of the dwarves starts casting magic while the other one  grabs a bunch of harpoons and otherwise readies himself for combat.   Jon, the one who had turned into a giant skunk in the test of wills against Dustil, on the other hand leans against a rail and waits.

The group sails on peacefully for ten minutes. Then suddenly a large shadow can be see under the water's surface. The Human in the crows nest of the center ship calls out and as Red swivels the Harpoon canon around A massive form can be seen rising out of the water. It slams it's massive bulk against the side of the lead ship. The crowd can almost feel the force of the blow as the sound of the impact washes over you. The massive shelled and clawed creature pushes the ship aside, cracking timbers and making rock wildly back and forth. The sailors on the ship are all thrown to the ground, some are tossed overboard, but somehow the ship manages to keep itself righted.

Red Fires the Harpoon canon and sends a huge metal shafted and wickedly barbed harpoon hurtling through the air. It strikes the massive creature in the right rear leg. It lets out a Mighty roar that almost causes your ear drums to burst and you're sitting in the stands. It must be even louder for those on the ships. The dwarf that had cast earlier casts yet another spell and soon a small pod of dolphins surrounds the front ship. They all charge the massive beast attacking it. But don't seem to be able to harm it at all. The second drawf hurls a harpoon, but it is to far for it to reach and the weapon useless splashes into the water. The human is hurrying down the crows nest and Jon moves over to Red and helps the Tiefling Reload the harpoon canon.

The Dolphins continue to harass the massive creature but can't seem hurt it through it's thick hide. The Dwarf who has been casting, the one with he Eye patch, casts yet another spell and a bright lance of energy shoots out from his hand. It strikes the creature and sears some of it's flesh, but doesn't seem to bother it much more. The dwarf who threw the harpoon pulls out a heavy crossbow and fires at the beast and this shot goes wide as well. The human finally manages to get down from the crows nest. red and Jon continue to try and reload the harpoon canon. The beast claws and bites at the lead ship . tearing deep rents into it's side. It does not seem like the ship can take much more.

This time the dolphins manage to slam into something other then the creatures massive shell and harm it. The dwarf that had been casting rushes over to the canon and casts a spell. The harpoon that is being loaded into it is now wreathed in lightning. Red and Jon finish loading the cannon. The human seems to yell something at the other dwarf. both of them run below deck. The beast turns from the ship and swallows one of the dolphins whole and rends the other two into bloody pulp with it's massive claws.

Red Fires the harpoon canon once more. And again the sharpshooter's aim proves true. This time striking the armored beast in it's massive Neck. The Dwarf and jon start reloading the harpoon canon while Red draws his signature Gun. The human and the other Dwarf are still below decks. The beast angered by the attack swims towards the center ship. It then opens it's mouth and unleashes a powerful blast of steam that catches red, jon and the dwarf.

Red and Jon seem to avoid the worst of it, but the dwarf takes the blast full on. What little of his skin you can see is red and blistered. His armor is steaming. He staggers a bit but then goes on back to reloading the harpoon canon with jon. Red meanwhile Fires twice with his rifle. Both shots land, not that the beast seems to notice. the Human and the other dwarf are still below decks.

The Beast reaches the central ship and slams into it. The ship is knocked about. The dwarf who was helping to load the canon is knocked off his feat. Jon catches himself on the railing and manages to stay standing. Red manages to stay on his feet as well. The other human and dwarf are out of sight still below decks.

Red takes two more shots, both of which strike home again. However the mighty sea terror doesn't even flinch. It is focused on smashing the central ship to bits. Jon And The other dwarf Manage to finish reloading the harpoon. The Other human and Dwarf come up from below decks the human is carrying a good amount of powder kegs while the dwarf has a large barrel. The Sea beast bites and slashes at the ship. One of his claws rakes the harpoon canon off of the ship. Jon just barely manages to knock the dwarf out of the way as the massive claw tears the canon and a good amount of the railing away.

The first dwarf casts another spell as the human and the other dwarf race to a launch and drop the powder kegs and the barrel into it. Shouting something all the while. Jon rushes over and hops into the launch as Red and lowers it into the water. The dragon turtle attacks the ship once more bashing it about. Knocking the first dwarf overboard. Once in the water Jon rows the launch right at the dragon turtle. Red draws his rifle and takes aim. The human and the second dwarf rush to the side of the ship where the first dwarf fell overboard and toss lines into the water while yelling.

The dragon turtle eyes the launch contemptuously and as Jon rows it into reach lashes out with it's mighty beak like jaws. Jon dives off and as the monsters jaws close onto the launch red fires. His bullet flies true and strikes one of the powder kegs causing the rest and the barrel to explode into the sea terrors jaws. The beast lets out a choked and startled scream before collapsing and sinking into the depths. And just as suddenly as the water and ships appeared the sands of the arena return. The first dwarf is spawled out on the ground in a heap with what looks like blood seeping out of him. His allies rush to his side and try to staunch his wounds. They carrying him out of the arena and into their box.

Team Urdrak has successfully defended their fleet from the dreaded Turtle Dragon terror of the deep. Earning 75 victory points.

OOC: whew playing these out is taking more effort then I thought.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:01, Tue 08 Dec 2015.

Safia
 player, 121 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Tue 8 Dec 2015
at 05:15
Re: Festival Day 3

“I can swim,” Safia murmured partly in response to Yanyeeku’s aversion towards the idea, but mostly just idle talk. “I can’t breathe underwater or outswim a creature like that one, though.”

It went without saying that she didn’t have gills. It was just that the more she watched, the more restless she felt.
Aden Bero
 player, 973 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 8 Dec 2015
at 08:51
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden snorted, "Be prepared indeed." The challenge could literally be anything.  He hoped they didn't have to fight somewhere cold or wet.

Although the robots tactics were as straightforward as you could get in a twisty maze, Aden laughed.  They were logical to a fault, and good warriors.  He envied the craftsmanship that had gone into them.

During the naval battle, Aden cheered on team Urdrak.  He kinda liked those guys.  Red was definitely a badass shot.  Aden would never admit it, but he was still surprised he'd beaten him in the Marksmanship competition.
Morien
 player, 570 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 8 Dec 2015
at 10:45
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien watched passively until the creature showed itself. However, his breath quickened as he watched the Dragon Turtle tear into the ships. He clenched his jaw and swallowed hard.

"To capture a sea god and display it for entertainment purposes... Arcadia's magic is truly terrifying."

This message was last edited by the player at 10:45, Tue 08 Dec 2015.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 810 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 8 Dec 2015
at 15:21
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil wasn't sure what he had been expecting with the water arena, but he had been expected what showed up. He let out a low whistle and leaned over the railing as if to get a better look at the monster. He watched the ensuing battle for survival and found himself nodding slightly. "Damn. Those guys think pretty fast on their feet."

He glanced at Morien and then frowned. Sea god? Huh.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 231 posts
Tue 8 Dec 2015
at 15:35
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 41):

Drazgar laughs.

"That was not a God. A powerful beast to be sure not even a true Dragon. Beautiful and Maginificient. I am glad Arcadia turns such magic to entertainment rather then War."
Morien
 player, 571 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 9 Dec 2015
at 04:48
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien does not turn from where he watched, but Drazgar's laughter seemed to have a sharpening effect on Morien's tone. "Tell that to the fishermen's wives who fashion fetishes to throw out to sea... appeasing them so that their husbands might return home."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:49, Wed 09 Dec 2015.

Aden Bero
 player, 974 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 9 Dec 2015
at 13:10
Re: Festival Day 3
"Yes gents, I'd hate to run into the real thing out on the open seas.  An illusionary version was terrifying enough."

Aden looked to Tio, "Aren't we supposed to receive an advantage since we won yesterday? Any idea what that would be?  Mayor didn't specify."
Mr. Main
 GM, 1140 posts
Wed 9 Dec 2015
at 22:07
Re: Festival Day 3
"The Advantage you won yesterday was the compass which helps you locate Emblems which are worth points and can be exchanged for 'favors'. That's quite the edge." Tio replies

OOC: Next scenario is coming up, will post the results soon.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1142 posts
Thu 10 Dec 2015
at 22:09
Re: Festival Day 3
Once more the wheels spin and this time it is team Nova Spera's turn. The four of them walk down into the arena and stand in the center. "NEXT TEAM NOVA SPERA MUST...SAVE THE QUEEN!" This is just a figurative queen. There are no queens in Arcadia, at least no royal ones. What people like to dress up in is their own business.

Suddenly What looks like the main audience chamber of a palace Springs up around Team Nova Spera. The audience can see right through it. Bu,t to those inside, as displayed by the view screens, it is as solid, and vision blocking, as real stone. The team also suddenly finds themselves to wearing the raiment and insignia this particular queens guard. In addition to themselves there are apparently two other guardsmen stationed on either side of the queen. She is sitting on a throne in a raised platform at the rear of the room. Far off to both of her sides against the walls are minstrels playing various instruments. occupying the center or the room are many people dressed in exotic and fanciful costumes or formal wear with really expensive and elaborate masks. Many of them are dancing. There are several tables at the far end of the hall filled with food and drink. It seems to be some sort of masquerade.

Will finish updating later. going to be putting up two tonight.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1144 posts
Sat 12 Dec 2015
at 18:16
Re: Festival Day 3
Noting the two guards by the queen Team Nova Spera gathers together and talks for a short while. They then split off. One of them goes over and checks out the minstrels, the second casts a spell and moves over to and carefully observes the dancers, a third casts some spell and then heads off walking the perimeter keeping a look out everywhere. The last one...is gone? He was there. It looked like he was heading towards where the tables with food are, but then everyone lost track of him.

perception checks to try and notice where he is. if anyone is so inclined you can make a spellcraft check to ID the spells cast.


Everything at the party seems normal, nothing suspicious or out of the ordinary seems to happen. and then suddenly two winged monsters burst in from the large decorative stained glass window at the front of the chamber.  OOC: knowledge nature check to ID the monsters The human who had been moving around the perimeter acts first. he immediately draw two ornate pistols and fires both shots strike one of the flying creatures. The man who had gone over to observe the minstrel draws a sword and shield then moves over to place himself in front of the queen. The man who had been observing the dancers starts casting a spell a blast of flame leaps out from his hands and hits the other flying monster and then arcs and strikes the first one (the one that has been shot). Meanwhile the one that everyone lost track of is still unaccounted for. The crowd starts panicking and runs away from the monsters towards the other end of the chamber. The band stops playing and the two other guards next to the queen draw their weapons and take protective stances near her.

The man who had shot one of the flying monstersdrops his pistols draws a rapier and a kukri and then casts a spell...But nothing happens. The two flying monsters dive onto the man who had just hurled fire at them. They unleash savage attacks, but most of them seem to rebound off of a invisible field of force. But several do connect and one in particular is especially grievous OOC: crit. their combined attacks bring him down. He falls to the floor a bloody torn up mess. The warrior with the sword and shield who had placed himself in front of the queen is enraged and charges the two flying creatures who had just brought down his comrade. With a powerful lunge he stabs his longsword through the dark grey hardened hide of one of the flying monsters. The tip of his blade protruding from it's back. The monster falls.

As soon as The leaves the queens side, two of the guests charge at the queen. The man who had disappeared now suddenly appears, dropping from the ceiling, he lashes out at one of the charging guests with his fists wreathed in flame. both connect and with viscous force he knocks the would be assailant to the ground unconscious. The second one is intercepted by one of the guards. who moves into his way blocking his path. He is struck by a dagger. The second guard takes his sword and stabs the queen. She screams in pain and falls from her throne as she does so The man who had shot one of the gargoyles earlier also screams in pain. AS if he had been struck too. The guard is surprised the queen did not immediately die. OOC: they actaully got kinda lucky here. Shield other literally saved the day or queen

The human who had just screamed moves and attacks the remaining flying creature with both weapons landing glancing blows. The remaining flying creature unleashes a flurry of attacks on the man with the sword and shield, but every attack is seemingly turned by his shield. He also attacks the last flying monster. As his attack lands a brief flash of light engulfs the man who had fallen. He does not raise, but no longer seems to be bleeding out. The man who had disappeared moves fast, rushing past the assailant dressed as a guest, taking a slash with a dagger as he does so. He grabs the guard who had stabbed the queen, knocks him off balance and then hurls him a good 15 feet. He lands hard on the stone floor the guests around him scramble away giving him a wide berth. The other guard and the remaining guest disguised assailant continue to trade blows as the guard who was thrown stands up and makes his way back towards the queen.

The first man engaging the flying creature attacks it once again. his rapier slides of it's stone like skin, but his kukri catches it hard in the throat killing it. The man with the shield charges the fake guard and attacks. His blow lands, but is light. The man who had just thrown the fake guard stands by the queen and guards her. The real guard and the fake guest exchange blows yet again. the guard with his armor and heavier weapon seemingly winning the trade, but then he stumbles and looks a little wobbly. the fake guard lashes out at the man with the shield, but misses.

The man who had killed the last flying creature moves forward to engage the fake guard, flanking him with the man with the shield. The man with the shield attacks landing a heavy blow this time. The man who had hurled the fake guard moves over to the fake guest and hurls him as well tossing him into the fake guard. causing both to spill to the ground. the fake guest does not get up. the fake guard does and makes a desperate rush for the queen, but the combined attacks he suffers as he tries to rush past everyone drops him.

"TEAM NOVA SPERA HAS SAVED THE QUEEN AND EARNS 75 VICTORY POINTS!"

team nova spera grabs their unconscious man and carries him back up to their box. The wheels spin once more and this time Team Thryka is selected.

Once they make their way into the center of the arena the mayor calls out "TEAM THRYKA MUST RETRIEVE THE BASILISKS EYE!" suddenly team Thryka finds themselves deep inside some ancient ruin. Far off high up on a wall is some sort of broken statue carved out of the stone inside the center or it is a huge gem fashioned like an eye. It is dark, although the audience can see you are sure that as of now Team thryka can't unless they have darkvision.

OOC more coming later
Mr. Main
 GM, 1145 posts
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 01:54
Re: Festival Day 3
The woman in the group has a staff with a crystal on top of it. the very first thing she does is tap it on the ground. It suddenly produces bright light allowing them all to see. The gnome in the party the takes out what looks like an odd looking gun, loads a large ball into hit and then fires it up. What looks like a small ball of flame flies up and once it nears the ceiling it explodes in a bright flash of light and stays there shining light down onto the area.

 They take a moment to look over their surroundings. To reach the wall with the huge gem in it that is shaped like an eye, they must first walk out of a large open area filled with ruined pillars, piles of rubble, various debris from shattered objects. The must then walk across a 15 foot wide 50 foot long stone bridge that spans a chasm, climb some crumbling stairs up to a platform that at some time must of been a temple or some other kind of large building but is now a mostly empty crumbled ruin with not even much in the way of walls left. Finally they would have to climb the wall and pull out the Eye. A young human male looks like he is about to take a step forward when the gnome stops him. The gnome pulls something that looks like a fine dust of powder out of his pocket and  blows on it. the small particles of dust begin to shine and fly out of his hand. they immediately start to stick to something and soon it is revealed that they are in the middle of what looks like a field of huge spiderwebs.

 They seem to talk to each other for a bit and then the young human gets impatient, pulls out a vial and then tosses it. It strikes the ground and explodes into flame. The webbing catches fire and then it quickly spreads. Burning the webs right up but also dealing the group caught in the center some damage, but not much.  The group glares at him, but he just shrugs. They start to move and then suddenly dark shapes begin to drop from above as well as rise out of the rubble. Then there is a rumbling. the group turns and then sees a spider almost the size of a house rise up out of the rubble displacing a decent amount of it as the spider stands up. The woman in the group smacks the young man in the back of the head.

OOC: more coming. feel free to comment on the last one and this one as I continue to get these things organized to finish posting
Dustil Kraye
 player, 813 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 06:27
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil watched the next match, saving the queen. He frowned when one of the team members disappeared. He narrowed his eyes and looked around a bit, but was quickly distracted by the other members spellcasting. Then the monsters busted in and things got a little confusing. Some of the guards and civilians turned on the queen as well. When the queen was stabbed, Dustil thought it was over but the team had been a bit clever. He watched them win but get pretty bloody.

The next team started in darkness and Dustil watched as they sort of worked together to get things started but then things fall apart and the one guy hurt his team and the webs. Unsurprisingly, spiders showed up. Surprisingly, one was REALLY HUGE! Dustil's eyes widened at the size of thing and shook his head but kept his silence.
Morien
 player, 574 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 07:46
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien watched the next two scenarios carefully. He hoped that, when the time came, their scenario would not be one of guarding.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1146 posts
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 18:45
Re: Festival Day 3
The young man smacked is the first to take action. He draws a pistol and a rapier. He moves away from the group, to within 30 feet of the nearest spider and fires the pistol at one of the giant, but much smaller then the GIANT, spiders. His shot lands and seems to hurt the spider, but doesn't kill it. The gnome acts next. He fiddles with some stuff in a little pack he wears around his waist and then chucks some small object out at a large, but not the large, spider. It hits the spider and explodes covering the spider in glue and locking it in place. Aden's acquaintance moves forward staying near the gnome and casts some sort of spell. The woman in the group gestures and a small ball of forms in front of her and then streaks out at one of the spiders. Zapping it and sending it flying backward into a pillar. The force of striking the pillar causes the spider to be rended open. it falls to the ground twitching and oozing ichor, but soon stops. She then moves to stand about 15 feet from the gnome. The last member of the group follows her taking up what looks like a defensive stance with his Ranseur. Ready to attack any spiders that come near.

 The HUGE spider moves forward, proving to be much faster and more nimble than a creature that huge should be. It doesn't quite reach the group, but as it stops it sprays out a large web trying to entangle the lone man with the gun and rapier. The spider seems to just barely miss, the web coating the ground nearby. The spider that man shot rushes up to him and attacks. distarcted as he is by avoiding the large web that was flung at him he had not noticed the smaller spider's approach. it bites his leg and pumps venom into him. It does not seem to have any immediate effect. The spider that is trapped in glue struggles, but can't free itself. The last two of the smaller spider charge towards those nearest to them and seem like the easiest prey. One after the woman and the second after the gnome. The one that goes after Emma is intercepted by the Ranseur of the man who moved to protect her. His weapon stabs right through the giant vermin pinning it in place as it struggles and finally dies. once it stops moving the warrior withdraws his weapon. The other spider rushes up to the gnome and attempts to bite him but misses.

The man with the pistol and rapier stabs his sword into the spider that moved up onto him. Though wounded the spider still seems to be able to fight. The gnome takes a quick step back so it is out of reach and then hurls another small object. this time at the Huge spider. It explodes blackening a section of it's hide but otherwise it seems unharmed. Aden's acquaintance steps forward, his hand wreathed in black energy, and punches the spider that had just attacked the gnome. AS his punch lands there is a brief burst of frost. The punch is so powerful that it looks like the spider literally bursts. The woman sends out another small ball of lightning this one aimed at the huge spider. it strikes zapping it, but unlike the last one, this one is not knocked backward. The human who was guarding her moves forward and engages the giant spider. It bites him as he moves in, pumping poison into his system, but he does not seem effected at the moment. He returns the favor by stabbing his ransuer into the vile critter. But the attack only seems to make it angrier. The spider that is glued down continues to struggle to escape and fails. the one fighting the young man with the rapier and pistol misses. and the Huge spider attacks the young man who just stabbed it. Nearly bitting his arm off. He staggers back, dropping his ransuer because of his now useless arm.

The young man with the rapier stabs the spider he has been fighting and finally kills it. He moves closer to the group, making sure to be within 30 feet of the huge spider and draws another pistol. The gnome moves off to the side and hurls another bomb at the huge spider, making sure his wounded ally won't be in the blast radius. Aden's acquaintance stays where he is and seemingly punches air. But as he punches a large rock is suddenly hurled from the ground at the giant spider. the rock glows with an unearthly black light and as it strikes once more you see a small burst of frost. The rock punches a hole deep into the huge spider. It thrashes about wildly before it crashes violently to the ground. The group stops and tends to their wounds. drinking from some vials and trying to patch up the young warriors wounded arm.

 They then make their way to the bridge and start crossing it. Aden's acquaintance and the young man with the pistol and rapier first, while the gnome, the woman and the young man with the wounded arm last. As the two in front near the end and the three in the rear reach the middle dark forms drop from the ceiling.  They attempt to grab onto the three crossing in the middle, but just barely miss. Before they can strike again the three attacked hurry over to the other side outside of the weird dangling black octopus like creatures.

The walk up the crumbling stairs in uneventful. They walk all the way to the rear wall with the Gem in it. They start to discuss something. After a little while The woman gestures and the man with the rapier and pistol starts to rise up into the air. He puts his weapons away and draws a dagger. As soon as he reaches the Gem he shoves his dagger into what looks like a small crevice around it in order to pry it out. Suddenly there is a loud almost deafening roar and the wall starts to rumble and shake. The group backs up away from the wall and as the young man with the dagger is lowered to the ground. the group backs away at least 50 feet from the wall and then finally a form burst out of the wall. It is a massive Eight legged lizard like creature with a single large eye. The gem they had been seeking. It roars in rage and looks intent on destroying the group.

aden's Acquaintance acts first. He casts a spell and suddenly the creature's head is enveloped in darkness. The gnome acts next. hurling another bomb into the area the creature is standing. The man who had tried to pry the eye free grabs something out of his pack and thn moves a little closer. The woman moves closer and with a gesture fires what looks like ten thousand little filaments and shards of glass of crystal at the creature. The man with the ruined arm draws what looks like a short-sword and edges closer. Obviously not quite sure what he can do. The beast thrashes about with it's claws and tail. Although it's head is covered in darkness it still seems to be able to see those attacking it. Aden's acquaintance manages to avoid the creatures bite, the gnome avoids a claw, but the woman is not so lucky and the man who had tried to pry it's eye out gets slapped by it's tail and is sent flying backwards onto his ass.

Aden's acquaintance casts a spell and his hand is wreathed in dark energy. The gnome tosses in another bomb and the woman sends in another blast of crystal shards. The man knocked on his ass gets up and then hurls a small black round ball at the beast. It explodes when it strikes the ground. The young man with the wounded arm moves closer but does not engage it seems he can't do much at the moment with his wounded arm. The creature lases out once more. this time it manages to bite Aden's acquaintance, is slashes the gnome with a claw, the young man with the wounded arm gets slashed with another claw and the woman get's whacked by the tail and sent flying.

Aden's acquaintance attacks the beast back, once more punching air and having a rock suddenly fly out at the beast. unfortunately it is to dark inside the area of darkness for anyone to tell if it hit. The gnome hurls yet another bomb. The woman gets up and hangs back. apparently waiting. the young man with the wounded arm does not attack unsure if he could even hit the beast if he closed in with it once he was inside that area of darkness. the young man who had tried to pry out the eye draws a pistol and fires. again because of the darkness no one can tell if the attack landed. The beast lashes out once more. two claws slash out at aden's acquaintance, both connecting and tearing flesh he stumbles a bit, but manages to stay on his feet. The beast bites the gnome and then swallows him whole and then it slams it's tail into the man with the wounded arm. sending him flying.

ADen's acquaintance drinks a potion of some kind. The gnome is swallowed and can't be seen anymore. he could be dead. The woman draws a crossbow and fires at the beast. No one can tell if the shot lands or not. The man who had tried to pry out it's eye draws another pistol and fires. again no one can tell if the shot lands. The young man with the wounded arm gets up and slowly makes his way towards the beast. The beast takes a step forward. it tries to slam it's tail into aden's acquaintance but misses. one claw slashes the young man with the wounded arm, another slashes the one who tried to pry out it's eye and it bites the woman. She crumbles to the ground.

aden's acquaintance pulls out a vial and tosses it. it explodes into fire scorching the beast a little. The man with the wounded arm backs off and stands over the woman's body trying to protect it. the man who had tried to pry out the eye draws a third pistol and fires but no one knows if it had any effect. The beast looks like it is gettign ready to finish off the group when suddenly it lets out an odd scream. The gnome tumbles out of the darkness and into view. Covered in slime gore and who knows what else. A few seconds later there is an explosion and the beast roars in pain, shudders and then falls. Aden's acquaintance ends the darkness and the man who had tried to pry the eye out earlier walks over and cuts it out as the gnome heads to the fallen woman and starts treating her wounds. The young man holds the eye up into the sky once he has it out. then everything vanishes and the arena returns to normal.

"TEAM THRYKA HAS RETRIEVED THE BASILISKS EYE! AND HAS EARNED 75 VICTORY POINTS!" The Mayor calls out. Team Thryka leaves the sands of the arena and returns to their box to immense cheers. Once they are all back in their box the wheels start spinning once again.

This time It is Team Arcadia's turn. Tio motions for you all to head down into the arena.
Morien
 player, 575 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 14 Dec 2015
at 06:29
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien watched Team Thryka's fight with an unusual amount of interest, even removing his helm for a better view.

 However, when the fight is over and Team Arcadia is called, he put it back on and made his way out into the arena.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 814 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 14 Dec 2015
at 17:37
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil was entranced by the fight with the lizard. It was intense and he was leaning over the railing a bit as he watched. He wasn't sure who to root for more. When it ended he let out a cheer along with the rest of the crowd. "Now THAT looked like a good fight!"

He took a drink from his flash and nodded when they called at least. "Awright, team. Let's DO this!" He grinned widely and made his way to their starting position, wondering what was going to be in store for them.
Aden Bero
 player, 977 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 14 Dec 2015
at 19:47
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden studied the tactics of all the teams, but especially those of Thryka and Adrian Mvashti.  He grimaced at their success.

When it was their turn to head out, Aden used Dustil's wand of Mage armor to augment the monk's defenses.  He returned the wand to Dustil.

The oracle waved to their fans as they headed down to the arena.  It was go time.

Ooc: Umd Check 31

This message was last edited by the player at 19:49, Mon 14 Dec 2015.

Yanyeeku
 player, 188 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Tue 15 Dec 2015
at 01:35
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeku had silently watched the events, not offering commentary. Their successes were problematic, but this scenario wasn't really a good place to analyze strategy. If strategy became an issue, it'd be in an arena fight. Nevertheless, he did watch spells cast; knowing what some spellcasters could use was always appropriate.

As their team was called up at last, he suppressed feelings of nervousness as he moved down with team Arcadia. Who knows what their challenge will be.
Safia
 player, 124 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Wed 16 Dec 2015
at 00:41
Re: Festival Day 3

Though Safia paid attention to how each team dealt with the obstacles thrown their way, she knew it would only help her own team’s strategy if they faced the same or similar situations. A good deal of magic had been used by the previous teams, all of which was interesting to watch, but it had been more fascinating to watch those who had managed on their own pluck. The resilience, determination, and apparent luck of the gnome gave her cause to smile. She was glad he hadn’t been digested by the lizard.

In the face of Dustil’s exuberance and grin, her smile widened, and as they moved toward the arena, she mirrored Aden’s wave to the crowd. It seemed the thing to do.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1147 posts
Thu 17 Dec 2015
at 22:36
Re: Festival Day 3
Team Arcadia marches out onto the sands and when they are standing in the center of the Arena The Mayor Starts to speak once again "TEAM ARCADIA MUST DEFEAT THE RELENTLESS AND RUTHLESS MA'NDO WAR-REAVER!" as soon as the mayor has finished speaking the area around you shifts. it is less dramatic to you now that you are standing in the arena then when it was while looking down on it from team Arcadia's box. For a second it looks like the world is a mirage. It becomes all wavy and blurry almost like heat haze. When it stops you can no longer see the audience. You find yourselves in an open section of what looks like an ancient destroyed town or city. All around you are the tragic remains of some poor civilization the Ma'ndo must of conquered or destroyed; scorched crumbling piles of rocks, sections of scattered stone pillars, disintergrating skeletal remains and various of debris that were once weapon, armor, tools and other such artifacts I mean that in the archaeological sense not the DnD magic item sense. You guys feel the earth rumbling and hear odd noises. You see the earth not so far away suddenly open up like a trap door and what almost looks like some sort of odd Golem rise up out of it on a metal platform. Right now it looks dormant, like some sort of odd suit of armor on display. It's eyes flash red and it goes from looking hunched over to standing fully up right. It turns to face you and is now obviously fully operational.

OOC: Roll Initiative everyone. You guys got the most straight forward of the challenges, but that doesn't make it the easiest. this is going to be a lot of fun. Well for me at least.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 815 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 17 Dec 2015
at 23:11
Re: Festival Day 3
As they entered the arena and were watching the shimmering of the illusions, Dustil looked around with wonder. He looked around once the arena was gone and replaced by the ruins. "that doesn't sound good, but it sounds fun." He grinned widely, the alcohol in him, and he cracked his knuckles.

The golem-like thing made his eyes widen a bit and chuckle as he stepped in front of Aden and Yanyeeku and crouched down slightly, the shadows shifting around him. "Do we have a plan other than beat it til it stops movin'? Hahaha!"

OOC: Mage Armor spell active.
16:06, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 15 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:15, Thu 17 Dec 2015.

Yanyeeku
 player, 189 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Fri 18 Dec 2015
at 00:31
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku frowned as he heard the name of what they would be facing, casting his mind back to what he had read and learned in the past, attempting to see if he could remember what it was. As the golem revealed itself, he took a step back, holding up his fan defensively as his eyes narrowed; he examined the golem closely, looking for weaknesses. "Careful. This challenge should be on par with the others. Given the lack of complexity, I daresay this will be a very difficult fight."

16:28, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 14 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.
Standard Action (if permitted) - Lore Master on Man'Do War Reaver: Knowledge check total of 28. 30 if Arcana. In theory he could have been doing it as soon as he heard the name of the foe.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 232 posts
Fri 18 Dec 2015
at 01:42
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Yanyeeku (msg # 59):

Drazgar slips into a aggressive combat stance.


Initative: 10
Aden Bero
 player, 980 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Fri 18 Dec 2015
at 03:55
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden smiled, idly wondering if he could convince this thing to unlock additional views on his Mando visor. Armed with crossbow and buckler, he waited for it to start. "Yanyeeku, know anything about this things strengths and weaknesses?"

21:47, Today: Aden Bero rolled 7 using 1d20+4.  initiative.
Morien
 player, 576 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 19 Dec 2015
at 09:48
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien's body swirls with shadow as he places his hand on his chest. A crimson aura surrounds him as he draws his sword. "I am at a disadvantage here. Most of my powers will only be half as effective on a creature such as this... instead, let me try to keep it's attention and help flank with the rest of you."

OOC: Child of Shadow stance, +16 temp hp (False Life).
Mr. Main
 GM, 1148 posts
Sat 19 Dec 2015
at 21:07
Re: Festival Day 3
Round 1 initiative:
Ma'ndo War-Reaver: 18
Dustil: 15
Yanyeeku: 14
Draz'gar: 10
Aden:     7
Morien ???
Safia: ???

The War-reaver faces you. It is at least 15 feet tall and vaguely humanoid in appearance.  light emits from it's head and shines over you. "Scanning...processing...targets identified; engaging." As it says this an odd looking container bursts up from within it. Little hatch like doors swing open revealing small tubes and then fire erupts forth from the tubes. You see several blurs of metal come flying right out at you. Missile barrage. ranged attacks vs Drazgar, Morien, and Dustil. 30 vs drazgar is a hit and threat of crit. 20 to confirm. Crit confirmed. 25 vs Morien is a hit. 30 vs dustil is a hit and threat of crit. 20 to confirm. Crit not confirmed. Darz'gar takes 20 points of bludgeoning damage from hit. Morien takes 10 points of bludgeoning damage from the hit, Dustil takes 9 bludgeoning damage from the hit. One of the Blurs hit Drazgar, a second Morien and the last Dustil. Just as the objects strike they explode. A powerful shockwave washes over the group as they are enveloped in flame. Explosion. Attack vs reflex 25. everyone who hit takes 20 damage, 10 of it bludegoning and 10 fire. If you have above 25 reflex def you would take 5 bludgeoning and 5 fire.

Well it got to go first and decided to start things off with a band. Heh. If morien and Safia end up having higher initiative we'll adjust if we need to. Alright guys your turn.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 234 posts
Sat 19 Dec 2015
at 23:01
Re: Festival Day 3

Drazgar howls in pain as he enters a rage and Lay on hands himself.

Reflex: 1, Current Hp after LoH: 20, AC: 17 flat:15, touch: 12
Yanyeeku
 player, 192 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Sun 20 Dec 2015
at 00:03
Re: Festival Day 3
"A War-Reaver?!" Yanyeeku exclaimed in disbelief as he finally understood what had been announced. "Oh gods. They're basically meant to be weapons of war, obviously. Um... I don't know of any weaknesses, Aden. They're not supposed to have any, and they're equally strong against anything. Doesn't look too mobile though; but don't bother trying to affect its mind. It's a construct." His face had gone quite pale as the golem began aiming at them. "My magic will be more or less useless here. It's heavily armored, and has extra shielding to protect it from the environment. It's a terror wea-"

Yanyeeku's words were stolen away as the explosion engulfed the group, replaced by an eerie wail of pain. As the soke cleared, he was braced, looking as heavily wounded as the rest of them. Suddenly he let out a gasp, clutching his head as he lead out another wail. The fan in his left hand began glowing as he threw his head back in yet another wail, a bushy, orange-furred tail sprouting behind him, glowing with the same energy as the fan. The wail faded out as he looked around, almost in a daze, then broke in a run toward the War-Reaver, his bardic song rang in the air, but with a much more eerie tone than before.

OOC: I think I can hear our DM laughing maniacally.

Moving to get to within 10 feet, but not melee.

Also: Inspire Courage. +2 Competence to attack/weapon damage. +2 morale to Defences against Charm and Fear effects.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:06, Sun 20 Dec 2015.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 818 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 20 Dec 2015
at 00:08
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil's eyes widened as the golem-thing launched metal missiles at them. By reflex more than anything else, he slapped one of them away from him. Unfortunately, it didn't stop the explosions that happened and washed over him, hitting him with explosive and fiery force. He staggered back a step and grimaced.

He let out a breath, whipped his arms around in a quick martial sort of exercise. The shadows seemed to flutter and swarm around him as he began to move to the side of the golem-creature. He lashed out in a blur of movement with a fist and leg, as electricity crackled around him.

AC: 22. Concealment 20%.
Swift Action: Activating Child of Shadow stance.
Move Action: Moving to the side and then up to the Golem-Droid (trying to set up later flanking).
Standard Action: Wolf Fang Strike on the Golem-Droid.

11:18, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 28 using 1d20+10.  Acrobaticsto avoid AoO.

Hit AC 20 for 16 damage and 2 Electrical Damage -and +3 if needing to overcome DR.
17:03, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 20,7 using d20+5,d20+5.  Wolf Fang Strike (with power attack).
17:07, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 11,5,2 using d8+6,d6,d6.  Damage (Ki Strike) and 1d6 Electricity Damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:19, Sun 20 Dec 2015.

Morien
 player, 577 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 20 Dec 2015
at 21:12
Re: Festival Day 3
 The missiles nearly drive Morien to his knees from the force of impact.

14:58, Today: Morien rolled 5 using 1d20+2.  initiave.


 Tendrils of darkness snake out from around the shaded parts of his armor, enveloping him completely before fading into nothingness. Moments later, he rematerialized in the War Reaver's shadow. As the shadows fade, Morien adopts a more commanding presence, moving with and slightly shadowing the construct's movements, making it slightly easier to see where a weak spot might be.

OOC: moving into a flanking position for Dustil. Granting a +3 to damage to attacks made while flanking.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:08, Mon 21 Dec 2015.

Safia
 player, 127 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Mon 21 Dec 2015
at 01:17
Re: Festival Day 3
Safia watched as the Ma’ndo Reaver’s red eyes opened and it turned to face them. She listened to Yanyeeku’s words to the wise, in complete agreement, for she had no intention of believing their challenge would be easy. Instead, she focused in on the construct, studied it. She watched the hatches open and heard the cries of discomfort and pain all around her, but she remained focused. She knew the only way to victory was to stop the giant missile-slinger from hurling any more weapons at her teammates. ...If she could just get in close, find its weakness (she refused to believe it had none).

Failing that, maybe there was another way to bring it down.

~

Safia rolled 13 using 1d20+4.  Initiative.
Safia rolled 13 using 1d20+6.  Knowledge, Engineering. (To identify the Ma’ndo’s abilities and weaknesses.)
Safia rolled 14 using 1d20+8.  Acrobatics (...following Dustil’s lead, as it seems like a good idea.)
Safia rolled 18 using 1d20+4.  Stealth (...just hedging my bets.)

Aden Bero
 player, 984 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 21 Dec 2015
at 19:55
Re: Festival Day 3
Although the missile barrage and explosions are too quick for Aden, the fire washes over him harmlessly. Fire Resistance 10, -10 hp

Wanting to lay down some cover, Aden unleashes a cloud of Obscuring Mist.  He then moves 15', back and diagonal from the War-Reaver, so that he isn't standing in the exact same spot as an easy target.

Current HP: 41/51
Standard, Obscuring Mist
SPELLS PER DAY
0: U
1: 7,6
2: 6
3: 4

This message was last edited by the player at 19:55, Mon 21 Dec 2015.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1150 posts
Mon 21 Dec 2015
at 22:54
Re: Festival Day 3
OOC: Round 1 initiative:
Ma'ndo War-Reaver: 18
Dustil: 15
Yanyeeku: 14
Safia: 13
Draz'gar: 10
Aden:     7
Morien: 5



Round 1 Summary

The War-reaver faces you. It is at least 15 feet tall and vaguely humanoid in appearance.  light emits from it's head and shines over you. "Scanning...processing...targets identified; engaging." As it says this an odd looking container bursts up from within it. Little hatch like doors swing open revealing small tubes and then fire erupts forth from the tubes. You see several blurs of metal come flying right out at you. One of the Blurs hit Drazgar, a second Morien and the last Dustil.

Dustil's eyes widened as the golem-thing launched metal missiles at them. By reflex more than anything else, he slapped one of them away from him. Unfortunately, it didn't stop the explosions that happened and washed over him, hitting him with explosive and fiery force. He staggered back a step and grimaced.

He let out a breath, whipped his arms around in a quick martial sort of exercise. The shadows seemed to flutter and swarm around him as he began to move to the side of the golem-creature. He lashed out in a blur of movement with a fist and leg, as electricity crackled around him. the first lands with a solid blow attack 20 vs ac is a hit. attack 7 vs ac is a miss. But the kick misses. The war-reaver is made of stern stuff however and though dustil's punch would have shattered a normal man's jaw as well as broken his neck the war-reaver is not even dented and the electric shock seems to have not affected it in the least. Damage fist 19 (it does have dr) not telling you how much, electric damage 2 (no effect).
"A War-Reaver?!" Yanyeeku exclaimed in disbelief as he finally understood what had been announced. "Oh gods. They're basically meant to be weapons of war, obviously. Um... I don't know of any weaknesses, Aden. They're not supposed to have any, and they're equally strong against anything. Doesn't look too mobile though; but don't bother trying to affect its mind. It's a construct." His face had gone quite pale as the golem began aiming at them. "My magic will be more or less useless here. It's heavily armored, and has extra shielding to protect it from the environment. It's a terror wea-"

Yanyeeku's words were stolen away as the explosion engulfed the group, replaced by an eerie wail of pain. As the soke cleared, he was braced, looking as heavily wounded as the rest of them. Suddenly he let out a gasp, clutching his head as he lead out another wail. The fan in his left hand began glowing as he threw his head back in yet another wail, a bushy, orange-furred tail sprouting behind him, glowing with the same energy as the fan. The wail faded out as he looked around, almost in a daze, then broke in a run toward the War-Reaver, his bardic song rang in the air, but with a much more eerie tone than before.

Safia watched as the Ma’ndo Reaver’s red eyes opened and it turned to face them. She listened to Yanyeeku’s words to the wise, in complete agreement, for she had no intention of believing their challenge would be easy. Instead, she focused in on the construct, studied it. She watched the hatches open and heard the cries of discomfort and pain all around her, but she remained focused. She knew the only way to victory was to stop the giant missile-slinger from hurling any more weapons at her teammates. ...If she could just get in close, find its weakness (she refused to believe it had none).

Failing that, maybe there was another way to bring it down. She starts rummaging through her pack and grabs something.

Drazgar howls in pain as he enters a rage and Lay on hands himself.


Although the missile barrage and explosions are too quick for Aden, the fire washes over him harmlessly.

Wanting to lay down some cover, Aden unleashes a cloud of Obscuring Mist.  He then moves 15', back and diagonal from the War-Reaver, so that he isn't standing in the exact same spot as an easy target.


 Tendrils of darkness snake out from around the shaded parts of his armor, enveloping him completely before fading into nothingness. Moments later, he rematerialized in the War Reaver's shadow. As the shadows fade, Morien adopts a more commanding presence, moving with and slightly shadowing the construct's movements, making it slightly easier to see where a weak spot might be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 2

OOC: Round 2 initiative:
Ma'ndo War-Reaver: 18
Dustil: 15
Yanyeeku: 14
Safia: 13
Draz'gar: 10
Aden:     7
Morien: 5



The War-reaver observers the group as the emerge from the smoke and flame of it's initial barrage. It soon finds itself surrounded. "Threat assessment updated...Caster Identified... Personal defensive perimeter breached...Clearing." At that the war-reavers fists are replaced by two nozzles. Dustil and Morien see a spark appear at the ends of the nozzles the sparks are quickly followed by a blast of fire as it waves it's arms back and forth bathing the area near it in flame. Attempting to incinerate the two of you. attack vs reflex 20. Successful hit on morien, Dustil takes half. Morien takes 12 fire damage, dustil takes 6.
Yanyeeku
 player, 195 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Mon 21 Dec 2015
at 23:50
Re: Festival Day 3
"Can't... Control..." The bard groaned as he grapped at his head again, before long being lost back in the madness. His eerie wail continued as he threw the glowing fan at the warbot, although his tail lashed out almost subconsciously at one of his allies!

OOC: Full Attack. 5 foot step as needed to make attacks legal.
Inspire Courage bonuses applied after the fact.
Fan attack: 19 vs AC
Fan damage: 6 Slashing.

Tail attack against a random ally in range: 13 vs AC
Tail damage: 7 Bludgeoning.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 821 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 22 Dec 2015
at 01:04
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil flipped over the flames as the War-Reaver tried to roast he and Morien. The flames missed him completely and he landed with a lopsided grin. "Clear THIS, chromedome!" An aura seemed to flare around Dustil for a second as his wounds closed over a bit, his hands glowed in addition to crackling with electricity, and his limbs seemed to blur as several attacks whipped out at the War-Reaver simultaneously.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:24, Tue 22 Dec 2015.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 237 posts
Tue 22 Dec 2015
at 04:54
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 72):

Drazgar in his rage attacks the Construct


hits AC 31, for 14 points damage
Aden Bero
 player, 986 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 22 Dec 2015
at 05:05
Re: Festival Day 3
From within the mist, Aden unstrapped his buckler.  He may only have one shot at what he was thinking, and didn't want it throwing off his aim.  He pointed his crossbow at the machine, waiting and hoping one of those missile ports might open up again.

Move: remove buckler
Standard: ready action, crossbow shot at missile port when open.  Use hero point for +8 to roll if opportunity presents.

Morien
 player, 578 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 22 Dec 2015
at 09:19
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien grits his teeth as the fire washes over him. He knew that staying close like this would be risky but leaving Dustil by himself would be riskier. Drawing upon his inner reserves, he waits for Dustil's attack to strike with his own.

 Frost coats his blade as a crimson aura flows around the edge. He swung, but the pain of the fire affects his aim and the blade is a bit slanted as it connects. He winces inwardly as he begins to retreat from the war reaver.

 What occurred next was nothing short of comical as the full plated warrior made an effort to roll out of the way.




03:12, Today: Morien rolled 16 using 1d20+11.  attack + flank. Spending a Hero Point for a +4 to attack.


03:13, Today: Morien rolled 9 using 1d6+6.  frost damage.
03:13, Today: Morien rolled 20 using 2d8+6.  weapon.
03:14, Today: Morien rolled 6 using 1d6+5.  healing.
03:18, Today: Morien rolled 14 using 1d20-1.  tumble to avoid AoO.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:08, Wed 23 Dec 2015.

Safia
 player, 129 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Tue 22 Dec 2015
at 20:15
Re: Festival Day 3
At some point after Dustil yelled, "Clear THIS, chromedome!", and Yanyeeku groaned and grabbed his head, Safia nocked a grappling arrow into her longbow. She aimed to hook the construct's leg, the rope end slithering in the air like a serpent.

~

CMB: rolled 32 (24, plus +8 Hero Point); longbow (grappling arrow) shot aimed at the construct's legs.
Survival: rolled 16

Mr. Main
 GM, 1152 posts
Wed 23 Dec 2015
at 02:35
Re: Festival Day 3

Round 2 summary

OOC: Round 2 initiative:
Ma'ndo War-Reaver: 18
Dustil: 15
Yanyeeku: 14
Safia: 13
Draz'gar: 10
Aden:     7
Morien: 5



The War-reaver observers the group as the emerge from the smoke and flame of it's initial barrage. It soon finds itself surrounded. "Threat assessment updated...Caster Identified... Personal defensive perimeter breached...Clearing." At that the war-reavers fists are replaced by two nozzles. Dustil and Morien see a spark appear at the ends of the nozzles the sparks are quickly followed by a blast of fire as it waves it's arms back and forth bathing the area near it in flame. Attempting to incinerate Dustil and Morien.

Dustil flipped over the flames as the War-Reaver tried to roast he and Morien. The flames missed him completely and he landed with a lopsided grin. "Clear THIS, chromedome!" An aura seemed to flare around Dustil for a second as his wounds closed over a bit, his hands glowed in addition to crackling with electricity, and his limbs seemed to blur as several attacks whipped out at the War-Reaver simultaneously. Attack 17 misses, attacks 20, 19, 21 hit. damage 58, electric damage 5 (no effect)

"Can't... Control..." The bard groaned as he grapped at his head again, before long being lost back in the madness. His eerie wail continued as he threw the glowing fan at the warbot striking it Damage 6 before returning miraculously to his hand while his tail lashed out almost subconsciously at Morien from behind, but harmless slides off the warrior's armor!

At some point after Dustil yelled, "Clear THIS, chromedome!", and Yanyeeku groaned and grabbed his head, Safia nocked a grappling arrow into her longbow. She aimed to hook the construct's leg, the rope end slithering in the air like a serpent. The arrow lands true and holds fast. Safia then grabs the tail of the rope and dashes towards the war-reaver. Acrobatics check to avoid AoO  27 is a success.  She tumbles around it and quickly wraps the entirety of the rope around the creatures legs before quickly tying it off. CMB check to trip 32 vs war-reaver cmd is a success. The war-reaver caught off guard by the unorthodox maneuver soon finds it's movement restricted and falls.

Drazgar in his rage attacks the Construct attack 31 vs war-reaver ac is a hit. damage 14 his sword smashing into it's back.

From within the mist, Aden unstrapped his buckler.  He may only have one shot at what he was thinking, and didn't want it throwing off his aim.  He pointed his crossbow at the machine, waiting and hoping one of those missile ports might open up again.

Morien grits his teeth as the fire washes over him. He knew that staying close like this would be risky but leaving Dustil by himself would be riskier. Drawing upon his inner reserves, he waits for Dustil's attack to strike with his own.

 Frost coats his blade as a crimson aura flows around the edge. He swung, but the pain of the fire affects his aim and the blade is a bit slanted as it connects. Attack 16 is a hit. Damage 23 + 9 frost. He winces inwardly as he begins to retreat from the war reaver.

 What occurred next was nothing short of comical as the full plated warrior made an effort to roll out of the way.

The war-reaver though at a disadvantage the war-reaver seizes upon the opportunity that presents it'self as morien tries to roll away. OOC AoO attack 17 vs morien's ac is a miss. Safia having knocked the war-reaver prone just saved your bacon. It flails it's arm out and just barely catches morien's back, but once again his heavy armor saves his pasty hide.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Round 3

"Threat assessment updated...critical tactical disadvantage imposed...countering. The War-Reaver comments. suddenly ports open on it's back and legs. odd contraptions that look like a mixture between the missile pod earlier and the nozzles that spat fire just now appear. Everyone hears a whine and suddenly jets of blue flame  burst out from these objects there is a powerful sudden pressure and what feels like a down burst. Cmb attack 22. everyone adjacent to the war-reaver with a cmd of 22 or less is knocked back 5 feet. The war-reaver rockets forward at dustil CMB attack 30 vs dustil cmd of 24 is a hit. damage 17 and slams into him. It's huge bulk and sudden acceleration sending the monk flying a good ten feet away. The flames from it's jets turn the rope around it's legs to ashes. It hovers in the air above dustil for a few moments before coming crashing down to the ground. Attack vs reflex: 23 Dustil just narrowly manages to roll away avoiding being crushed to death beneath the metal monstrosity.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 824 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 23 Dec 2015
at 04:39
Re: Festival Day 3
The War-Reaver was fast and versatile, which mainly translated to 'very dangerous'. And it not only made itself un-tripped in record time, but it used the maneuver to push most of the group away from it. Dustil, who wasn't initially pushed back, was slammed backwards and pounded pretty hard. He managed to avoid the follow-up attack, gritting his teeth at the pain he pushed past to do so. He thought about unleashing the ki ball that he hadn't ever done before, but instead focused his energy once more and unleashed another powerful flurry of blows on the thing, but most of his attacks seemed to miss or glance off.
Morien
 player, 580 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 23 Dec 2015
at 06:37
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien retreated back toward Aden, trying to put himself in a position to get some healing. As he did, he drew upon the power within himself to toughen his body.

00:36, Today: Morien rolled 54 using 1d100.  ASF.
00:36, Today: Morien rolled 7 using 1d10+6.  temp hp.

 Unfortunately, his injuries were severe enough to lessen his concentration this time around and his barrier was less effective.

OOC: move 20ft toward Aden.
Yanyeeku
 player, 200 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Wed 23 Dec 2015
at 22:40
Re: Festival Day 3
One hand was still clutched to Yanyeeku's head, but he was still able to focus enough to send the fan flying toward the reaver, at the same time his tail lashed out again, this time at Safia! The eerie song remained, still strengthening the party despite the sound. He didn't even seem fully aware of his attacks on his own allies.

OOC: Guess who forgot bardsong on his own rolls again? Applied post-roll.
Fan attack: 25 vs Reaver AC
Damage: 8 slashing.

Tail attack: 14 vs Safia AC
Damage: 5 bludgeoning.

Aden Bero
 player, 990 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Thu 24 Dec 2015
at 16:07
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden moves the rest of the way toward Morien and heals the warrior. (+25hp).

The oracle continues watching for a missile port to open.

If missile port opens, hero point act out of turn crossbow shot.
Safia
 player, 131 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 27 Dec 2015
at 05:52
Re: Festival Day 3

"Ha." Safia had all of two seconds (more or less) to bask in the disadvantage she had imposed upon their foe, before the blasted thing countered, easily burning off her ropes.

In her periphery an orange tail swung toward her...and missed...while the down-burst from the construct’s rockets knocked her back a few feet. There was no time to shout out a warning to Dustil as she watched the metallic miscreation slam into her friend and then try to crush him. Relief sighed out of her as Dustil rolled out of the way and came back swinging.

While she nocked another arrow and sighted her second shot, Safia wondered at what had caused Yanyeeku to attack his teammates. Had there been something in the initial explosion that affected his mental state?
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 238 posts
Mon 28 Dec 2015
at 16:18
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Safia (msg # 82):

Drazgar still raging screams an ancient Elven curse as he swings his beautiful Elven blade down again.


<Orange: Attack: AC 23, damage: 17</Orange>
Mr. Main
 GM, 1158 posts
Tue 29 Dec 2015
at 03:08
Re: Festival Day 3
OOC: round 3 summary
Ma'ndo War-Reaver: 18
Dustil: 15
Yanyeeku: 14
Safia: 13
Draz'gar: 10
Aden:     7
Morien: 5


"Threat assessment updated...critical tactical disadvantage imposed...countering. The War-Reaver comments. suddenly ports open on it's back and legs. odd contraptions that look like a mixture between the missile pod earlier and the nozzles that spat fire just now appear. Everyone hears a whine and suddenly jets of blue flame  burst out from these objects there is a powerful sudden pressure and what feels like a down burst. Cmb attack 22. everyone adjacent to the war-reaver with a cmd of 22 or less is knocked back 5 feet. The war-reaver rockets forward at dustil CMB attack 30 vs dustil cmd of 24 is a hit. damage 17 and slams into him. It's huge bulk and sudden acceleration sending the monk flying a good ten feet away. The flames from it's jets turn the rope around it's legs to ashes. It hovers in the air above dustil for a few moments before coming crashing down to the ground. Attack vs reflex: 23 Dustil just narrowly manages to roll away avoiding being crushed to death beneath the metal monstrosity.

The War-Reaver was fast and versatile, which mainly translated to 'very dangerous'. And it not only made itself un-tripped in record time, but it used the maneuver to push most of the group away from it. Dustil, who wasn't initially pushed back, was slammed backwards and pounded pretty hard. He managed to avoid the follow-up attack, gritting his teeth at the pain he pushed past to do so. He thought about unleashing the ki ball that he hadn't ever done before, but instead focused his energy once more and unleashed another powerful flurry of blows on the thing, but most of his attacks seemed to miss or glance off. attacks 16, 25, 17, 15. only 25 hits. damage 22, 6 electric

One hand was still clutched to Yanyeeku's head, but he was still able to focus enough to send the fan flying toward the reaver, at the same time his tail lashed out again, this time at Safia! The eerie song remained, still strengthening the party despite the sound. He didn't even seem fully aware of his attacks on his own allies. attack 25 vs reaver is a hit. damage 8. attack 14 vs safia is a miss.

"Ha." Safia had all of two seconds (more or less) to bask in the disadvantage she had imposed upon their foe, before the blasted thing countered, easily burning off her ropes.

In her periphery an orange tail swung toward her...and missed...while the down-burst from the construct’s rockets knocked her back a few feet. There was no time to shout out a warning to Dustil as she watched the metallic miscreation slam into her friend and then try to crush him. Relief sighed out of her as Dustil rolled out of the way and came back swinging.

While she nocked another arrow and sighted her second shot, Safia wondered at what had caused Yanyeeku to attack his teammates. Had there been something in the initial explosion that affected his mental state?

Drazgar still raging screams an ancient Elven curse as he advances on the war-reaver Provoke AoO from war-reaver by advancing into melee reach. attack 28 vs draz'gar ac is a hit. damage 10 The war-reaver wacks draz;gar with it's massive arm as he closes in on it. But the attack does not deter the drow and he swings his beautiful Elven blade down again. attack 23 vs war-reaver is a hit. damage 17

Aden moves the rest of the way toward Morien and heals the warrior. (+25hp).

 Morien retreated back toward Aden, trying to put himself in a position to get some healing. As he did, he drew upon the power within himself to toughen his body.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 4

The War-Reaver takes a step back away from both dustil and draz'gar. It raises both arms and the fists of both arms are retracted inside and what looks like odd rifle barrels pop out. "Die Meat-bags." The barrels erupting, emiting a bright stuttering flame as a deafening staccato of gunfire washes out all other sounds. attacks 24, 23, 18, 19 vs dustil 24 and 23 hits. damage 12. Attacks 20 and 22 vs draz'gar. Both hit. Damage 11 It then turns and points it's right arm at aden. A small tube pops up and out from it flies a tiny dart. attack vs aden 22 It seems like it is about to strike aden, when suddenly Morien pulls aden to the side as he steps up in front of the Oracle. The dart bounces off of Morien's full-plate and then falls into the sand. A brief burst of electricity sparks and then stops.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:31, Tue 29 Dec 2015.

Morien
 player, 583 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 29 Dec 2015
at 03:52
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien, being within arm's reach of Aden as the projectile sprang toward him, interposed himself between them, raising his sword in a defensive posture in an attempt to deflect it.

OOC: using a hero point to act out of turn, using the Total Defense action to gain a +4 bonus to AC (total of 25), stepping into the path of the dart aimed at Aden.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:54, Tue 29 Dec 2015.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 240 posts
Tue 29 Dec 2015
at 05:11
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Morien (msg # 85):

Spilling his drops blood all over the ground he raises his blade in a swing splattering blood in a crescent, remininscent of the moon phase.

Attack: hits AC 22, for 15 damage. Drazgar currently at 10 hp
Dustil Kraye
 player, 829 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 29 Dec 2015
at 17:49
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil raised his arms quickly in a defensive manner as the creature stepped back and began blasting him. It didn't help that much as he was pelted several times, and more blood started pouring from him, in addition to the many other wounds he already was sporting.

He shook his head, trying to clear the ringing from it, from the echoes of the blasts. He took a step back towards the creature and unleashed his fury one last time, the glow surrounding him and especially his fists as he focused his inner power, letting out a loud yell as he did so.

OOC: Currently 14 hit points. AC 22.
Free Movement: 5ft step.
Swift Action: Spend Ki point.
Full Round Action: Flurry of Blows.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:07, Wed 30 Dec 2015.

Yanyeeku
 player, 202 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Tue 29 Dec 2015
at 19:08
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku let out a pained groan as he clutched his head, barely focusing enough to send the glowing fan slicing towards the war reaver once more. His eyes, however, took on a reddish tinge as he cluthced his head again, letting out a whining sound; his tail lashed once more at Safia, this time with much more deadly accuracy! His song continued nevertheless, but it seemed to be that he was struggling to keep it going with whatever was affecting him.

OOC: Sorry Safia. :(

Fan attack: 21 vs War Reaver AC
Damage: 7 Slashing (forgot bardsong)
Tail attack: 27 vs Safia AC
Damage: 9 Bludgeoning.

Aden Bero
 player, 992 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 29 Dec 2015
at 19:08
Re: Festival Day 3
Round 4

Having moved closer, Aden gives a quick look at the war machine to assess the impact his allies are having on it.....perception 10

Will post rest of turn following DM feedback


Although it looked like the party had done some damage, Aden couldn't tell if it was severe or cosmetic (other than Safia's disabling attack).  He moved back into the fog, and readied a shot should the missile port open up again.

Move: Back into fog, total concealment.
Standard: Ready attack if missile port opens, shooting bolt directly at port.
Hero Point: additional +8 to crossbow attack when missile port opens, +2 to attack since attacking from total concealment vs. war reaver's flat-footed AC.
36 attack vs. flat foot, 8 damage
Swift action: Reload
2 hero points remaining

This message was last edited by the player at 17:07, Sat 02 Jan 2016.

Safia
 player, 132 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 07:28
Re: Festival Day 3

A tail lashed out, momentarily derailing Safia’s concentration as it smacked into her like a fist to the gut. She doubled over with a grunt of pain, though it was likely drowned out by Yanyeeku’s groans and song. He was hurting too, she was certain of it. Safia knew he wouldn’t have hurt her if he could help it.

Drawing upon a breath to refocus, Safia righted and re-lifted her bow. She was determined to disable the hunk of metal with a well-placed arrow. At least, that was her hope. While her eyes sought out a target that would sting, she quickly searched her knowledge base to determine the construct’s weak spots. Once she settled her eye on a target, she let her arrow fly.

And then she turned to Yan to see if she could help him.

~

OOC: HP 32/41
Morien
 player, 586 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 14:22
Re: Festival Day 3
 Having interposed himself between the war reaver and Aden, Morien flourishes with his sword, refocusing his energy to the task ahead.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1163 posts
Fri 1 Jan 2016
at 21:14
Re: Festival Day 3
Round 4 summary

Ma'ndo War-Reaver: 18
Dustil: 15
Yanyeeku: 14
Safia: 13
Draz'gar: 10
Aden:     7
Morien: 5 



The War-Reaver takes a step back away from both dustil and draz'gar. It raises both arms and the fists of both arms are retracted inside and what looks like odd rifle barrels pop out. "Die Meat-bags." The barrels erupting, emiting a bright stuttering flame as a deafening staccato of gunfire washes out all other sounds. attacks 24, 23, 18, 19 vs dustil 24 and 23 hits. damage 12. Attacks 20 and 22 vs draz'gar. Both hit. Damage 11 It then turns and points it's right arm at aden. A small tube pops up and out from it flies a tiny dart. attack vs aden 22 It seems like it is about to strike aden, when suddenly Morien pulls aden to the side as he steps up in front of the Oracle. The dart bounces off of Morien's full-plate and then falls into the sand. A brief burst of electricity sparks and then stops.

Dustil raised his arms quickly in a defensive manner as the creature stepped back and began blasting him. It didn't help that much as he was pelted several times, and more blood started pouring from him, in addition to the many other wounds he already was sporting.

He shook his head, trying to clear the ringing from it, from the echoes of the blasts. He took a step back towards the creature and unleashed his fury one last time, the glow surrounding him and especially his fists as he focused his inner power, letting out a loud yell as he did so. OOC: attacks 21, 23, 14 and 21 vs reaver ac. 21, 23 and 21 hit. Damange 55, 12 eletric.

Yanyeeku let out a pained groan as he clutched his head, barely focusing enough to send the glowing fan slicing towards the war reaver once more. His eyes, however, took on a reddish tinge as he cluthced his head again, letting out a whining sound; his tail lashed once more at Safia, this time with much more deadly accuracy! His song continued nevertheless, but it seemed to be that he was struggling to keep it going with whatever was affecting him. attack 21 vs reaver is a hit damage 7. attack 27 vs safia is a hit damage 9


A tail lashed out, momentarily derailing Safia’s concentration as it smacked into her like a fist to the gut. She doubled over with a grunt of pain, though it was likely drowned out by Yanyeeku’s groans and song. He was hurting too, she was certain of it. Safia knew he wouldn’t have hurt her if he could help it.

Drawing upon a breath to refocus, Safia righted and re-lifted her bow. She was determined to disable the hunk of metal with a well-placed arrow. At least, that was her hope. While her eyes sought out a target that would sting, she quickly searched her knowledge base to determine the construct’s weak spots. Once she settled her eye on a target, she waited for the most opportune moment and then let her arrow fly. Knowledge engineering check 17 is a success. attack 28 vs war reaver weak spot is a hit. Destroyed arm elbow actuator motor. left arm disabled. And it flew true and struck home. Right at the forearm and upper arm armor plating. Stabbing into the mechanism that allowed the lower part of left arm to be moved and destroyed it. Fixing that arm in place aiming it at the ground rendering it all but useless.

And then she turned to Yan to see if she could help him.

Draz'gar, spilling his drops blood all over the ground, raises his blade in a swing splattering the blood in a crescent; remininscent of the moon phase. attack 22 is a hit. damage 15

 Having interposed himself between the war reaver and Aden, Morien flourishes with his sword, refocusing his energy to the task ahead.

Having moved closer, Aden gives a quick look at the war machine to assess the impact his allies are having on it..... took me a while to answer because I was busy. Will update once I have aden's action moving on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 5

"Updating threat assesment. Critical damage. Fighting ability lowered. Repairs needed. Requesting authorization to switch from Patrol protocol to Assault...Communications Fail. Instituting Field Initiative AI. Self Authorization granted. Switching to Assault protocol. Once more the war-reaver activates his jets and a powerful blast of air washes over those next to the War-Reaver. CMB attack 30 vs CMD. it forces everyone adjacent to it five feet backwards and then it suddenly takes to the air.  It's missile pod bays open and fires another barrage of those deadly projectiles. This time however it fires 6 instead of just three. A missile for each of the combatants it is fighting. Aden however had been patiently waiting for this attack and he was prepared. From inside his fog cloud he fires a bolt attack 36 vs missile port is a success. Hit's missile damage 8, detonates missile. war-reaver takes 12 fire and 13 bludgeoning damage and in a shot worthy of the Ace sharp-shooter red the bolt flies straight at one of the ports and strikes one of the missiles as it comes out. detonating it. attack vs fort on other missiles 8 is a fail. The other five missiles do not explode. Out of the flames the other five missiles streak out at their targets. ooc: random roll determined you blew up the missile heading for morien.  attack vs fort vs missile pod 20. success. Missile pod is destroyed the missile pod itself now resembles random chunks of metallic debris held together by sparking wires.

  attacks VS AC 30 vs dustil 12 damage, 23 vs aden 14 damage, 25 vs safia 11 damage, 12 vs draz'gar, 12 vs yanyeeku. Attacks vs reflex 21 vs dustil 10 fire 12 bludgeoning, 21 vs safia 15 fire 10 bludgeoning, 30 vs yaneeku 8 fire 12 bludgeoning, 23 vs aden 12 fire 15 bludgeoning, 21 vs draz'gar 10 fire 10 bludgeoning.  Just after the explosion and within the wreckage of the missilepod everyone can see a flash of light which is quickly followed by a flash and the roar of an explosion. attack vs fort vs last of missile ammo 22 is a success. ammo explodes. The war-reaver jerks in the sky as the explosion rocks it. Sending bits of it's armor along with a large bit of the left shoulder flying. It locks it's glowing eyes on aden and moves to be over aden. It hovers for a second or two before it comes crashing down to the ground attempting to smash aden to bits like it had Dustil. attack vs aden reflex 17 is a miss The Oracle manages to just barely avoid being crushed beneath the war-reaver as is drops from the sky. If the missile knocks you out it'll choose another target, but if not it will try and crush you.

OOC: ok the war-reaver is heavily damaged, the other missiles were not detonated by the explosion, so they do streak out at their targets. Resolve your reactions and then post your actions for the round.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:49, Sat 02 Jan 2016.

Aden Bero
 player, 997 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sat 2 Jan 2016
at 01:06
Re: Festival Day 3
moved this post to my post above

This message was last edited by the player at 17:08, Sat 02 Jan 2016.

Yanyeeku
 player, 203 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Sat 2 Jan 2016
at 01:59
Re: Festival Day 3
As the missiles flew toward Safia and Yanyeeku, the bard suddenly froze, his eyes glaring directly at the projectiles as they turned to him.

"No." His held up his fan, then brought it down as it flashed with magical energy. A severe gust of air was sent toward the missiles as they flew towards the pair, deflecting them entirely. The wailing elegy continued, although it now had a tone of anger to it.

OOC: Hero point spent - Take turn NOW.
Set initiative to 19.
Standard action: Activate Fan. Cast Gust of Wind to deflect missiles flying toward Safia and Yanyeeku.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:02, Sat 02 Jan 2016.

Aden Bero
 player, 999 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sat 2 Jan 2016
at 04:09
Re: Festival Day 3
Round 6

Still up after missile damage. The missile hits Aden in the side, spinning him from his feet and knocking the wind out of him. -14hp It impacts on the ground and explodes beneath him. Most of the fire damage is absorbed harmlessly -2hp, but the concussion of the blast rocks him, -15hp. Somehow the oracle managed a feat of acrobatics to twist and land on his feet, battered but conscious.

And then the oracle somehow had enough presence of situation to dive out of the way of the War Reaver as it tried to crash down on him, coming once again to his feat.

The flames from the missile had probably burned off some of the fog, but at that moment most likely only the audience and the War Reaver could have seen the unnatural fire burning in his wild eyes. 

Waiting on current ally status to decide move.

Current HP: 10/51
SPELLS PER DAY
0: U
1: 7,6
2: 6
3: 4,3

This message was last edited by the player at 06:26, Thu 07 Jan 2016.

Morien
 player, 587 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 2 Jan 2016
at 07:19
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien stands his ground as the war reaver comes crashing down and Aden dodges out of the way. Now the thing was within range. With a newly focused energy, he moves into one of his more familiar techniques.

 His body pulses crimson and his blade freezes over as he creates an illusion of himself attacking from both above and below in a scissor-like attack.

01:19, Today: Morien rolled 9 using 1d6+6.  cold damage.

01:18, Today: Morien rolled 22 using 2d8+9.  sword damage.

01:17, Today: Morien rolled 12 using 1d20+9.  attack roll 2.

01:17, Today: Morien rolled 21 using 1d20+9.  attack roll 1.

08:14, Today: Morien rolled 76 using 1d100.  concealment.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:14, Mon 04 Jan 2016.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 831 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 2 Jan 2016
at 22:51
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil wasn't sure he could survive another missile and explosion like last time, so pushed himself and his luck more and swatted the missile away from him before it exploded but too late. It was like time slowed down for a moment...he moved his hand towards the missile as he watched out of the corner of his eyes to see Aden fired at the War-Reaver., Yan saved himself and Safia, and then Aden barely got out of the way of the thing as it tried to crush him.

Things needed to end soon or the team would lose. He grit his teeth and decided to pull out the stops more. He made a few gestures and changed his stance. The shadows that have been shifting around him seemed to surge forward and engulfed him as he disappeared from sight. He suddenly reappeared in mid-attack with a mighty bellow of a martial arts war cry, a crackling ball of energy framed in his hands as he shoved it at the War-Reaver. The ball seemed like it was going to miss, but Dustil pushed past his limits a bit more to correct his strike's aim and barely hit the thing.

OOC
AC 22.
2 Hit Points remaining.
12 damage from the missile smacking him, ouch, but no damage from missile explosion missed his Reflex defense with Evasion.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:39, Thu 07 Jan 2016.

Safia
 player, 134 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 3 Jan 2016
at 02:29
Re: Festival Day 3
Reaction

Blue eyes watched only long enough to confirm her disabling shot, before she turned to aid Yanyeeku. But in that split moment, she caught sight of the missiles directed their way, and Safia watched, lips curving in a smile of pride for her orange, furry friend as Yanyeeku deflected the threat.

"Thanks, Yan!" She called out through his wailing. Safia let the anger in Yanyeeku’s song resonate within her, merging with her own purpose-driven fury. The giant missile-slinger had hurt her teammates enough! It was time to bring the hunk of junk down!

Round 5

If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. A motto she adhered to at the moment. Even though she itched for the satisfaction of smashing their enemy with her mace, Safia repeated her previous action. She nocked a third arrow in her bow, settled her eye on a determined weak spot in the construct’s build, and at the most opportune moment she released her shot.




Knowledge Engineering: 17 (to determine the best spot to shoot her arrow for disabling effect)
Longbow Attack: 26
OOC: HP 12/41

This message was last edited by the player at 03:17, Thu 07 Jan 2016.

Aden Bero
 player, 1001 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 3 Jan 2016
at 02:50
Re: Festival Day 3
Round 6 continued

Aden uses his acrobatics to parcour up to the War Reaver's mangled left shoulder and blasts a cone of flame into the interior of the machine.

Move: Acrobatics onto war reaver, 24, hero point to increase +4 to 28. 1 hero point remains
Standard: Cast defensively, 18 concentration, burning hands into exposed shoulder armor. magic fire attack 28 vs war reaver reflex defense. 11 fire damage.

Current HP: 10/51
SPELLS PER DAY
0: U
1: 7obs.mist.,6burnhand,5
2: 6
3: 4csw,3
Hero Points: 1

This message was last edited by the player at 06:28, Thu 07 Jan 2016.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1165 posts
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 02:41
Re: Festival Day 3
Round 5 summary

Aden: 19
Yanyeeku: 19
Ma'ndo War-Reaver: 18
Dustil: 15
Safia: 13
Draz'gar: 10
Morien: 5 


"Updating threat assesment. Critical damage. Fighting ability lowered. Repairs needed. Requesting authorization to switch from Patrol protocol to Assault...Communications Fail. Instituting Field Initiative AI. Self Authorization granted. Switching to Assault protocol. Once more the war-reaver activates his jets and a powerful blast of air washes over those next to the War-Reaver. CMB attack 30 vs CMD. it forces everyone adjacent to it five feet backwards and then it suddenly takes to the air.  It's missile pod bays open and fires another barrage of those deadly projectiles. This time however it fires 6 instead of just three. A missile for each of the combatants it is fighting.

Aden however had been patiently waiting for this attack and he was prepared. From inside his fog cloud he fires a bolt attack 36 vs missile port is a success. Hit's missile damage 8, detonates missile. war-reaver takes 12 fire and 13 bludgeoning damage and in a shot worthy of the Ace sharp-shooter red the bolt flies straight at one of the ports and strikes one of the missiles as it comes out. detonating it. attack vs fort on other missiles 8 is a fail. The other five missiles do not explode. Out of the flames the other five missiles streak out at their targets. ooc: random roll determined you blew up the missile heading for morien.  attack vs fort vs missile pod 20. success. Missile pod is destroyed the missile pod itself now resembles random chunks of metallic debris held together by sparking wires. Aden acted out of turn. his initiative is now 19

  attacks VS AC 30 vs dustil 12 damage, 23 vs aden 14 damage, 12 vs draz'gar. Attacks vs reflex 21 vs dustil 10 fire 12 bludgeoning, 23 vs aden 12 fire 15 bludgeoning, 21 vs draz'gar 10 fire 10 bludgeoning.  Just after the explosion and within the wreckage of the missile pod everyone can see a flash of light which is quickly followed by a flash and the roar of an explosion. attack vs fort vs last of missile ammo 22 is a success. ammo explodes. The war-reaver jerks in the sky as the explosion rocks it. Sending bits of it's armor along with a large bit of the left shoulder flying. It locks it's glowing eyes on aden and moves to be over aden. It hovers for a second or two before it comes crashing down to the ground attempting to smash aden to bits like it had Dustil. attack vs aden reflex 17 is a miss The Oracle manages to just barely avoid being crushed beneath the war-reaver as is drops from the sky.

As the missiles flew toward Safia and Yanyeeku, the bard suddenly froze, his eyes glaring directly at the projectiles as they turned to him.

"No." yanyeeku calls out. He held up his fan, then brought it down as it flashed with magical energy. A severe gust of air was sent toward the missiles as they flew towards the pair, deflecting them entirely. The wailing elegy continued, although it now had a tone of anger to it. yanyeeku acts out of turn and casts gust of wind deflecting the missiles heading for him and safia. his initiative is now 19 They veer off course and slam into one of the crumbling piles of debris. Annihilating it completely.

Dustil wasn't sure he could survive another missile and explosion like last time, so pushed himself and his luck more and swatted the missile away from him before it exploded. It was like time slowed down for a moment...he moved his hand towards the missile as he watched out of the corner of his eyes to see Aden fired at the War-Reaver., Yan saved himself and Safia, and then Aden barely got out of the way of the thing as it tried to crush him.

Things needed to end soon or the team would lose. He grit his teeth and decided to pull out the stops more. He made a few gestures and changed his stance. The shadows that have been shifting around him seemed to surge forward and engulfed him as he disappeared from sight. He suddenly reappeared in mid-attack with a mighty bellow of a martial arts war cry, a crackling ball of energy framed in his hands as he shoved it at the War-Reaver. The ball seemed like it was going to miss, but Dustil pushed past his limits a bit more to correct his strike's aim and barely hit the thing.   attack 17 is a hit vs war-reaver reduced ac from internal ammo explosion. damage 31. Seconardy attack vs fort no effect war-reaver immune to stunning. Secondary attack 23 vs cmd is a hit. Dustil punch packs a wallop and actually manages to send the war-reaver sliding 5 feet back.


Blue eyes watched only long enough to confirm her disabling shot, before she turned to aid Yanyeeku. But in that split moment, she caught sight of the missiles directed their way, and Safia watched, lips curving in a smile of pride for her orange, furry friend as Yanyeeku deflected the threat.

"Thanks, Yan!" She called out through his wailing. Safia let the anger in Yanyeeku’s song resonate within her, merging with her own purpose-driven fury. The giant missile-slinger had hurt her teammates enough! It was time to bring the hunk of junk down!

If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. A motto she adhered to at the moment. Even though she itched for the satisfaction of smashing their enemy with her mace, Safia repeated her previous action. She nocked a third arrow in her bow, settled her eye on a determined weak spot in the construct’s build, and at the most opportune moment she released her shot. Though aden's mist obscured her view she could see the occasional flashes of sparking from damaged internal components.

Engineering check 17 is a success. Safia now knows where to aim. Effectively reducing the 50% miss chance on the attack against the war-reaver inside the obscuring mist to 20%. perception check 15 is a success. She can see the flash she was looking for.
attack 26 vs war-reaver ac is a hit. miss chance 73, does not miss. damage 7



Draz'gar seems overwhelmed by the missile attack and doesn't move. perhaps he is out on his feet.

Morien, with his target now with in striking distance advances on the war-reaver, acrobatics check to avoid AoO 9. is a fail. without a thought to caution. war-reaver AoO 21 is a hit 12 damage Though the war-reavers massive arm slams down onto him morien ignores it and focuses on landing his own attack morien attack 21 vs war-reaver is a hit. damage 31

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Round 6

Aden 19
yanyeeku 19
War-reaver 18
Dustil 15
Safia 13
Draz'gar 10
Morien 5



Aden uses his acrobatics to parcour up to the War Reaver's mangled left shoulder and blasts a cone of flame into the interior of the machine.

Move: Acrobatics onto war reaver, 24, hero point to increase +4 to 28. 1 hero point remains
Standard: Cast defensively, 18 concentration, burning hands into exposed shoulder armor. magic fire attack 28 vs war reaver reflex defense. 11 fire damage.
Aden pours flame into the war-reavers interior. Acrid foul smelling murky smoke pours out of it's inside.

yanyeeku

"GRZZT-KRVVRT!" The War-Reaver cries unintelligibly. Obviously something vital has been struck with the last round of attacks. It takes a step back, swats at aden OOC: Slam attack vs aden 25 is a hit. damage 12 the blow sends the oracle spilling off the war-reaver and onto the ground. It then points it arm at dustil and morien and fires a shot at each attack 18 vs dustil is a miss. attack 16 vs morien is a miss But it's aim seems off with both it's shots going wide despite being well within point blank range.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:52, Thu 07 Jan 2016.

Morien
 player, 590 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 04:36
Re: Festival Day 3
 Ignoring the pain and the hail of bullets passing by him, Morien steps to the side, trying to line up with Aden and spins with a wide swing, his blade seeking something vital between the plates of its armor. The crimson aura surrounding him extending to the sword.


22:35, Today: Morien rolled 9 using 1d6+5.  healing.

22:34, Today: Morien rolled 17 using 2d8+7.  damage.

22:33, Today: Morien rolled 20 using 1d20+9.  attack. (22 if flanking works)


EDIT: if Aden is unconscious, I'll transfer the healing from the attack to him (total of 11) if it hits

This message was last edited by the player at 07:55, Thu 07 Jan 2016.

Yanyeeku
 player, 205 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 05:34
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku slung the glowing fan right towards War Reaver as it struggled the maintain functionality. Following that however, he let out a groan, clutching his head as his tail lashed at Safia again.

OOC:
Fan attack: 17 vs Reaver AC
Damage: 6 slashing
Tail attack: 15 vs Safia AC
Damage: 4 Bludgeoning

Aden Bero
 player, 1007 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 06:25
Re: Festival Day 3
12 damage has Aden unconscious on the ground. Worthy way to get knocked out, don't let it step on me.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 833 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 02:52
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil began to spin out of the way as the War Reaver stepped back and fired at him once more. The projectiles barely missed him. He kept the momentum of the spin as he took a step towards the thing and unleashed a flurry of blows on it one more time, but this time only the electricity crackled around him, there was no glow and he didn't seem to move as many times or as fast as the last few times.

5ft Step, then Flurry of Blows.
Hit AC 28 for 17 damage and 3 electrical.
Hit AC 25 for 14 Damage and 6 electrical.
Hit AC 25 for 12 damage and 1 electrical.

19:49, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 28,25,25 using d20+10,d20+10,d20+5.  Flurry of Blows w/Power Attack.
19:50, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 9 using 1d20+5.  Critical hit confirmation.
19:51, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 14,3,14,6,12,1 using d8+11,d6,d8+11,d6,d8+11,d6.  Flurry damage per attack.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:53, Fri 08 Jan 2016.

Safia
 player, 138 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sat 9 Jan 2016
at 01:48
Re: Festival Day 3

From Dustil’s fantastic fury of blows to Morien’s iced-steel determination; Drazgar’s bellicosity with a blade to Aden’s strategic focus in the fog and magnificent acrobatics, her teammates fought well despite their injuries and pain.

And then there was Yanyeeku, ever insightful; steady and strong in the face of insurmountable odds. He had foretold this would be a very difficult fight. By his continual groans, Safia knew that something unseen was taking a serious toll on her teammate with the frisky tail. She leaned away from the blur of orange, avoiding a second love-tap from the head-clutching Kitsune.

Something roiled up inside of her, a ball of fire in her gut that felt very much like rage. But it wasn’t directed at Yanyeeku. It was for him, as she watched him struggle against the unseen; and it was for Aden, as she watched him fall to the ground, and Dustil, as she saw how his energy lagged. Safia turned her wrath to their enemy, narrowing her eyes on the construct. Her longbow dropped to the ground, released from her grip as she drew her rapier and moved in to attack the odious obstruction with the fury of a Valkyrie.

Whether it was sheer determination or a final burst of adrenaline, her blade struck true, but sadly, her strength waned.

~


OOC:
Yan’s tail attack: Missed me, missed me, now ya gotta...uh, stop swinging that thing at me. :P

Attack/Rapier: 22 (or 23 w/Bracers)
Damage: 1 (or 2, w/flanking) still...so sad
Acrobatics to avoid AoO?: 22

This message was last edited by the player at 01:55, Sat 09 Jan 2016.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1167 posts
Sun 10 Jan 2016
at 03:00
Re: Festival Day 3
Round 6


Aden 19
yanyeeku 19
War-reaver 18
Dustil 15
Safia 13
Draz'gar 10
Morien 5



Aden uses his acrobatics to parcour up to the War Reaver's mangled left shoulder Acrobatics check 28 is a success and blasts a cone of flame into the interior of the machine. cast defensively 18 concentration is a success. damage 11 Acrid foul smelling murky smoke pours out of it's insides.

yanyeeku slung the glowing fan right towards War Reaver as it struggled the maintain functionality. attack 17 vs war-reaver ac is a hit. miss chance from concealment 39. does not miss. damage 6 Following that however, he let out a groan, clutching his head as his tail lashed at Safia again, but missed.


"GRZZT-KRVVRT!" The War-Reaver cries unintelligibly. Obviously something vital has been struck with the last round of attacks. It takes a step back, swats at aden OOC: Slam attack vs aden 25 is a hit. damage 12 the blow sends the oracle spilling off the war-reaver and onto the ground. It then points it arm at dustil and morien and fires a shot at each attack 18 vs dustil is a miss. attack 16 vs morien is a miss But it's aim seems off with both it's shots going wide despite being well within point blank range.

Dustil began to spin out of the way as the War Reaver stepped back and fired at him once more. The projectiles barely missed him. He kept the momentum of the spin as he took a step towards the thing and unleashed a flurry of blows on it one more time, but this time only the electricity crackled around him, there was no glow and he didn't seem to move as many times or as fast as the last few times. attacks 28, 28, 25 vs war-reaver ac hit. damage 43 + 10 electric


From Dustil’s fantastic fury of blows to Morien’s iced-steel determination; Drazgar’s bellicosity with a blade to Aden’s strategic focus in the fog and magnificent acrobatics, her teammates fought well despite their injuries and pain.

And then there was Yanyeeku, ever insightful; steady and strong in the face of insurmountable odds. He had foretold this would be a very difficult fight. By his continual groans, Safia knew that something unseen was taking a serious toll on her teammate with the frisky tail. She leaned away from the blur of orange, avoiding a second love-tap from the head-clutching Kitsune.

Something roiled up inside of her, a ball of fire in her gut that felt very much like rage. But it wasn’t directed at Yanyeeku. It was for him, as she watched him struggle against the unseen; and it was for Aden, as she watched him fall to the ground, and Dustil, as she saw how his energy lagged. Safia turned her wrath to their enemy, narrowing her eyes on the construct. Her longbow dropped to the ground, released from her grip as she drew her rapier and moved in to attack the odious obstruction with the fury of a Valkyrie. Acrobatics check to avoid AoO: 22 is a success. attack 22 vs war-reaver ac is a hit. Miss chance from concealment 18. attack misses. But unfortunately the mist made her misjudge exactly where the war-reaver stood and her blade stabbed nothing but air.


Ignoring the pain and the hail of bullets passing by him, Morien steps to the side, trying to line up with Aden and spins with a wide swing, his blade seeking something vital between the plates of its armor. The crimson aura surrounding him extending to the sword. attack 22 vs war-reaver ac is a hit. miss chance from concealment 46. does not miss. Damage 17. Healing 9 He swings his sword and having watched safia's earlier longbow shot, aims for the odd looking joint that is it's hip. Cleaving off a chunk of it and causing the War-reaver to stand at an odd angle. It seemed unable to move correctly now. As the war machine wobbled aden stirred...

OOC: Aden is now conscious. Next turn please.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:37, Sun 10 Jan 2016.

Morien
 player, 591 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 10 Jan 2016
at 08:04
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien grimaced from beneath his helm. He had hoped that the last set of attacks would have brought it down. Unfortunately, that was not the case though. However, it DID seem to be on it's last leg... so Morien decided to try and take it out out from under it.

 Morien switched legs, aiming for the back of the leg joint where the armor would be weakest.

02:03, Today: Morien rolled 26 using 1d20+9.  attack knee.

02:03, Today: Morien rolled 50 using 1d100.  concealment.

02:04, Today: Morien rolled 16 using 2d8+7.  damage.

OOC: Morien's stance healed Aden for 2 last round (in addition to his strike) and, if he's still within range, for 2 this strike.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 836 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 10 Jan 2016
at 15:39
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil grit his teeth as he he flanked with Morien and unleashed another set of blows, but again his movement were not as quick. The first punch hit with a resounding noise but then his followup punch missed by just a bit, and the last attack, a kick, wasn't even close as he was off-balance at that point. He was definitely breathing heavily and favoring one side over the other, blood pouring him.

OOC: Hit AC 23 for 20 damage and 3 electrical. I don't think there was a chance for Flanking with a 5ft step, but if there was then the 2nd attack would hit as well.

08:34, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 23,16,8 using d20+10,d20+10,d20+5.  Flurry of Blows w/Power Attack.
08:35, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 20,3 using d8+14,d6.  Damage for the one that hit (Wis added to bypass DR).

Aden Bero
 player, 1008 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 10 Jan 2016
at 16:40
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden wakes up, and tries to cast burning disarm with minimal movements to avoid attracting attention, but the spell fizzles.

Prone, adjacent to war reaver
Standard: 11 concentration to cast burning disarm defensively fails

Current HP: 10/51 -12 war reaver +11 morien last round +2 morien this round = 11/51
SPELLS PER DAY
0: U
1: 7obs.mist.,6burnhand,5burndisarm,4
2: 6
3: 4csw,3
Hero Points: 1

This message was last edited by the player at 18:57, Mon 11 Jan 2016.

Safia
 player, 139 posts
 HP 12/41
 Lore Warden
Mon 11 Jan 2016
at 02:57
Re: Festival Day 3

Safia swung around full circle, slashing out at the mist and hoping to connect with metal.

OOC:
Safia rolled 2022 using 1d20+8+10.  Attack/Rapier
I forgot to add Yan's Inspiring.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:59, Mon 11 Jan 2016.

Yanyeeku
 player, 207 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Mon 11 Jan 2016
at 07:40
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku clutched his head as he threw the fan again, but this time his throw went wide of the reaver, ensconced as it was in the mists. His tail lashed out of its own accord again at Safia, connecting with a solid blow.

Fan attack: 12 vs AC (haha no)
Tail attack: 24 vs AC
Tail damage: 8 Bludgeoning

Mr. Main
 GM, 1169 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 00:26
Re: Festival Day 3
Round 7
Aden 19
yanyeeku 19
War-reaver 18
Dustil 15
Safia 13
Draz'gar 10
Morien 5



Yanyeeku clutched his head as he threw the fan again, but this time his throw went wide of the reaver, ensconced as it was in the mists. His tail lashed out of its own accord again at Safia, connecting with a solid blow. attack 12 vs war-reaver misses. Attack 24 vs safia hits damage 8

Aden suddenly regains consciousness. Though groggy and a little disoriented from the blow that had knocked him out Aden acts swifty. He points his hand at the war-reaver and tries to incant a spell. Unfortunately with his head still swimming he can't seem to focus the arcane energies enough and his spell fizzles.

With it's leg nearly severed at the hip actuator the war-reaver seems hard pressed to even remain upright let alone attack. "LSTCRD" The War-Reaver then starts to humm and beep which soon turns into an odd high pitched noise before finally exploding Everyone with in 20 feet is within the radius of the explosion. Attack vs reflex 19. damage fire 10  bludgeoning 10. If it did not hit your reflex defense you take half. Also remember that as stated in the house rules you can use your immediate action to dive for cover which adds 2 to your reflex defense against that attack.

Gonna let you all react and then I'll post the finish of your challenge.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 838 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 00:31
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil heard the humming and his eyes narrowed. He let out a sigh as he had an idea of what might be coming next. Ordinarily he wouldn't have cared since he would just leap out of the way as usual with his training, but he saw that the wounded Safia would be in the radius. His eyes widened and he leaped on top of her, pushing her to the ground under him.

As the explosion wracked his body, he looked at her and gave her a smile equal parts love and sadness. Then he fell limp as he slipped in to unconsciousness.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:52, Wed 13 Jan 2016.

Morien
 player, 594 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 00:35
Re: Festival Day 3
 As Morien noticed the creature about to explode, his first instinct wasn't to dive for cover, but instead to dive on top of Aden, who was almost dead, attempting to shield his comrade from the brunt of the blast with his own body.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1170 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 01:09
Re: Festival Day 3
Alright so you'll take the damage and aden will be granted total cover vs that AoE
Aden Bero
 player, 1010 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 02:43
Re: Festival Day 3
18 reflex defense, +4 cover from Morien?  Miss.

The blast washes over them, and Aden pushes Morien off of him with a bit of struggle.  The oracle definitely was stronger than he looked. He shouted with worry, "Fool!" But concern quickly softened his demeanor, as Aden looked his icy companion over, making sure the warrior was okay.

Just as quickly, the oracle looked at Yanyeeku.  Was the bard still raging out of control?
Yanyeeku
 player, 211 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 04:37
Re: Festival Day 3
The bard stiffened as he saw the explosion coming, eyes wide with sudden clarity. He dove down as the force and flames washed over home, a move that would save his life. However as the flames passed over him, they revealed the bard was knocked out as the tail which had appeared so suddenly vanished, leaving a dissipating cloud of magical sparkles.

Reflex 21 on dive. 10 damage.

Health: -6.

Morien
 player, 595 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 07:29
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien rolled off of Aden easily once the danger had passed and sat up. "Hmph! You're welcome..." He was burned and bloody but none the worse for wear. He stood and made his way over to the bard... who had, up until only recently, been trying to kill Safia.

 He knew the others could... and would... heal this guy. So he hefted his blade up on his shoulders, gripping the hilt with both hands as he stood behind behind the bard's head. It was the stance of an executioner awaiting his signal.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:34, Wed 13 Jan 2016.

Aden Bero
 player, 1011 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 19:50
Re: Festival Day 3
"Thanks Ice Bucket."  Aden meant it.  But he didn't take time to get emotional, because a) he's a dude, and b) Dustil & Yan were face down looking pretty dead.

The oracle ignored the pain all over his body, and sat up, casting stabilize at a distance first on Dustil, then on Yan.  Leaping to his feet, he sprinted towards the monk, sliding to a stop on the ground beside them.  He gently moved Safia, who wept over the monk, and spoke power words.  With a flourish of his hand, conjured healing energies swirled orange like fire, and Aden touched Dustil's chest, trying to bring his friend back from the brink.

Cure Moderate Wounds, 17 hp back to Dustil.


Aden then looked for signs of life as he struggled to fish the healing stick from his pack, a jumbled mess of gear.  If the monk was alive, but unconscious, Aden would use the healing stick to revive him.  (how many points of healing to get back to 1hp?)

Assuming Dustil came to, Aden smiled and nodded at the monk, then rushed off to Yan.

Aden closed in to examine the bard.  He used the healing stick, and trickled healing into the bard, just enough to get him back to consciousness and able to move (1 hp).

-7 from healing stick, putting it at 63/70.

Current HP: 6/51
SPELLS PER DAY
0: U
1: 7obs.mist.,6burnhand,5burndisarm,4
2: 6cmw,5
3: 4csw,3
Hero Points: 1

This message was last edited by the player at 13:49, Fri 15 Jan 2016.

Yanyeeku
 player, 213 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 20:16
Re: Festival Day 3
The bard let out a weak groan, not even trying to stir off the ground; though pretty obviously it was from being dazed. "Ow my head... And... Everything else. But... Mostly head..." He tried to push himself up, but didn't get very far as he just sunk back down without persuasion. "What... Happened? I just remember... A lot of pain... And trying to cut apart that... Machine."
Aden Bero
 player, 1012 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 23:28
Re: Festival Day 3
"Suck it up for the fans, champ.  We won." Aden helps pull Yan to his feet for the cheering crowd.  The oracle dismisses the fog, and runs, twirls, and flips in celebration for their fans.  If there are any large pieces of the war reaver intact, Aden will stand atop it, hands raised high, and then do a flip off.

17:28, Today: Aden Bero rolled 35 using 1d20+16.  acrobatic performance.
Safia
 player, 142 posts
 HP -16/41
 Lore Warden
Thu 14 Jan 2016
at 00:38
Re: Festival Day 3

Rage had clouded her vision more than the mist, rage that her teammates were suffering. Rage fueled by Yanyeeku’s pain-filled groans. Rage she had channeled into the arc of her blade, only to miss.

Safia didn’t see the fluffy orange menace until it was too late, yet it seemed eerily slow as it whacked into her and pain exploded, sending her stumbling over her own two feet.

She heard the high-pitched whine of the construct. Her mind registered the danger, but her body failed to react. There was no time to dive, no thought other than acceptance. And then something else hit her, something that knocked her to the ground and had her breath leaving her in a whoosh. She looked up, watching as shards of metal burst outward and strangely beautiful flames flared with a dreamlike slowness above, while pain danced madly like a dervish in her head. Safia could almost see Jace’s face smiling down at her and she smiled back. But then awareness filtered in as one man’s face became another, and she knew with a strange feeling of detachment that it was too late for either one of them to run. "Dustil," she whispered out, her eyes widening in horror. "No...damn it, Dustil! What have you done? I can’t lose you too..."

She felt his body suddenly sag atop hers, his arms fall limp at her sides. And then came Aden’s call of triumph. Safia blinked away the moisture gathering in her eyes, part heartache and part anger. How could they celebrate without Dustil?

Safia lifted her hands to cradle Dustil’s face, and she lifted her head to press her lips to his. "Thank you," she whispered into her kiss, then, with a soft groan, she gently rolled him off of her.

~

4/41 HP

This message was last edited by the player at 05:30, Fri 15 Jan 2016.

Morien
 player, 596 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 14 Jan 2016
at 02:37
Re: Festival Day 3
 Once he was sure that Yanyeeku was no longer going to attack anyone else, Morien sheathed his sword and waved to the crowd. He then helped Yanyeeku out of the arena.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:38, Thu 14 Jan 2016.

Yanyeeku
 player, 214 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Thu 14 Jan 2016
at 06:55
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku seemed a bit confused and dishevelled from the fight as he accepted Morien's help.
Morien
 player, 597 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 14 Jan 2016
at 07:15
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien continued to haul Yanyeeku off the field.
Yanyeeku
 player, 215 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Thu 14 Jan 2016
at 07:46
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku accepted the aid gratefully.
Morien
 player, 598 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 15 Jan 2016
at 08:12
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien half had expected the rest of the group to be following him but suddenly stopped when he realized that he was the only one leaving the field. He turned around to see what the holdup was and saw Safia rolling Dustil off of her.

 Heartbeats later, Morien vanished from beneath Yanyeeku's arm and reappeared instantly by their side. He tore off his helmet and placed an ear to Dustil's chest.
Yanyeeku
 player, 216 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Fri 15 Jan 2016
at 09:43
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku looked back in surprise, his eyes landing on Dustil. His face twisted in a grimace of guilt and he limped out of the arena.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 840 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 15 Jan 2016
at 16:30
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil suddenly coughed one, hard, and let out a pained groan as consciousness was quickly slammed back into him by the healing. He arched his back, limbs splayed, for just a moment and then he collapsed again. But he began to blink his eyelids open rapidly and he squinted. "ow."

He slowly moved his eyes around to look at everyone around him and he started to shoot up but pain stopped him. "Is Safia..." Then he saw her and he smiled. "Oh thank the gods, you're okay!"

He let out a long sigh and sat up more slowly the second time. "Ugh. I feel like crap. Actually crap feels better than me I think." He stood up slowly and looked around. "But hey, but we survived, right?" He gave a half-hearted smile to his companions and raised one arm with his fist in the sky.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:17, Fri 15 Jan 2016.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 243 posts
Fri 15 Jan 2016
at 18:19
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 104):

Drazgar having been shocked by the missile attack finally strikes back.


Attack:29, Danage:17
Safia
 player, 147 posts
 HP 4/41
 Lore Warden
Fri 15 Jan 2016
at 22:40
Re: Festival Day 3
OOC: I think RPoL needs an update "Bump" button for Players too. This retro-posting is making me dizzy. :P Sorry, Aden. I didn't realize you had edited your previous post until after I posted, and tah-dah...edited! :D



Dustil Kraye:
"But hey, but we survived, right?" He gave a half-hearted smile to his companions and raised one arm with his fist in the sky.

Grateful that Dustil had been healed by Aden's magic touch, Safia’s mouth curved in joyous amazement. "Yeah," she said, ignoring her own aches and pains as she pushed up off the ground and joined Dustil in raising a victorious fist. "We did."

Safia gave Dustil a light peck on the cheek, and she shared a dash of a smile with Aden and Morien too, one that expressed her gratitude, before her blue eyes sought out Yanyeeku. She spotted him limping out of the arena and moved to join him. "Hey, Tiger," she called after Yanyeeku, her voice a tad hoarse. "Wait up. Yanyeeku... are you alright?"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:51, Fri 15 Jan 2016.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1172 posts
Sat 16 Jan 2016
at 02:28
Re: Festival Day 3
The cheers, cries, shouts and chants of the crowd during the fight were a constant and unintelligible roar; right up until the War-Reaver blew up. Then the crowd was totally silent...until the members of team Arcadia started to rise. Then the cheers re-started immediately. They applauded, shouted and congratulated all of you. It was one hell of a fight,

"TEAM ARCADIA HAS DEFEATED THE MA'NDO WAR-REAVER!" The mayor shouts, even with the aid of the arena's magic he voice was all but lost in the noise of the crowd.

AS the group tends to their wounded the ruins around them vanish and the arena is back to it's original state of hard pack sand. The debris of the War-Reaver vanished as well.

Tio was waving for you to return to team Arcadia's box.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 05:18, Sat 16 Jan 2016.

Aden Bero
 player, 1017 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sat 16 Jan 2016
at 05:14
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden provides a shoulder if needed by any wounded companions as they return to their booth. Victory felt good in front of a coliseum of screaming fans.
Morien
 player, 599 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 16 Jan 2016
at 07:34
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien leans back as Dustil wakes up. Without his helmet on, it's easy to see the tension melt from his face as it became apparent that everyone was still alive. ""Yeah, we survived.

 Morien offered a hand up to Dustil, though it was still freezing cold to the touch. "Assuming we get paid for this, first round at the Monkey is on me."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 841 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 16 Jan 2016
at 23:35
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil accepted the hand-up from Morien and the cheek-kiss from Safia. He gave a viogorous nod and wide-eyed look to Morien. "Oh, yes, my gods, I'm gettin' SO drunk t'night!"

He slowly limped his way off of the arena floor, occasionally putting a fist in the air again to stir up the crowd as he made his way back towards the Arcadia box. However, that was an act, as he glared at Yanyeeku's back, anger evident, and tried to overhear his response to Safia.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 23:35, Sat 16 Jan 2016.

Yanyeeku
 player, 217 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Sat 16 Jan 2016
at 23:46
Re: Festival Day 3
Despite his limp, Yanyeeku had a head start on Safia, having started leaving when he was assisted out by Morien. He didn't respond to her calling out to him. By the time Safia would have caught up to him, he was seemingly already gone.
Morien
 player, 600 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 17 Jan 2016
at 06:57
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien chuckled as dustil stands up. "That's fine by me."

 Morien walked close to Dustil as he made his way off the field so as to catch him should he fall, though, like Dustil, Morien glared at Yanyeeku as he left. Once out of the ring, Morien separated from the group, back to his normal standoffish range.
Safia
 player, 148 posts
 HP 4/41
 Lore Warden
Sun 17 Jan 2016
at 23:59
Re: Festival Day 3

The crowd cheered and roared, yet she felt a pang of sorrow in her heart that she couldn’t quite explain. Worry creased Safia’s brow as she watched Yanyeeku turn the corner. She didn’t have the strength to run after him, though she felt compelled to do so. Instead, she sought to convince herself that it was best to give him a few moments alone to sort out what ailed him. ...Wasn’t it?

Tossing a look over her shoulder to her teammates, Safia accepted Aden’s aid, using his shoulder as a crutch until they made it to Tio and team Arcadia’s box. With her free arm, the one that wasn’t draped over Aden’s shoulder, she waved to the crowd and managed to pull a smile as they walked.

But her blue eyes kept shifting back to the corner where she had last seen Yanyeeku, staring so intently she didn't notice the glares that had been sent in the Kitsune's direction as well.

"Hey Tio," she greeted with a wan smile as they entered the box. Safia let her arm slide free from Aden's shoulder and she found a place to sit and rest her aching body, at least for a moment. ...At least long enough to hear what Tio might need to tell them.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:00, Mon 18 Jan 2016.

Aden Bero
 player, 1018 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 18 Jan 2016
at 00:00
Re: Festival Day 3
Back at the booth, Aden went in a quick search to see if Yanyeeku was nearby.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1174 posts
Mon 18 Jan 2016
at 01:02
Re: Festival Day 3
"I'm impressed. That was a hell of a fight. If These weren't randomly selected I would think someone was trying to kill you." He waves over a few clerics and they start examining and treating you as Tio continues to speak.

"For completing your challenge everyone gets a purse of 5000 gold provided by Dominus Trading. There is a second part to today's event. The audience, and the teams, get to vote on what team they believe had the best performance. As such each of you gets a vote, which cannot be for yourselves, as to which challenge you enjoyed watching the most. Team El Gavassa still has to complete their challenge, but once they do please write down on this slip of paper which one you select. Which ever team gets the most votes gets an additional prize."

OOC: Still got El Gavassa's challenge to play out. but once that is done I'll post it up.
Safia
 player, 149 posts
 HP 4/41
 Lore Warden
Mon 18 Jan 2016
at 03:16
Re: Festival Day 3

"Thanks, Tio." Safia accepted the slip of paper with a wry smile. "It certainly felt like that thing was trying to kill us." And it nearly did, she thought.

As soon as the clerics were done examining and treating her, she turned to Dustil and Morien (if he was near enough to hear). "I thought I'd give Yanyeeku a moment alone, as he didn't seem to want to be bothered. But I'm not sure that's a good idea now...he didn't look so well. I'm going to see if I can find him," she added, allowing a moment for response before she would turn to leave.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 03:16, Mon 18 Jan 2016.

Morien
 player, 601 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 18 Jan 2016
at 05:06
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien was nearby, just off in a corner and out of the clerics' way as was typically his custom. "I'm not certain that is a good idea... at least not by yourself. I would suggest taking Aden with you after we cast our votes."

 He cast a sideways look at Dustil. "Of the three of us, Aden is the least likely to break his nose when you find him."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 842 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 18 Jan 2016
at 17:21
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil grinned at Morien and kept up the 'victory appearance' until they got back to their box and then he collapsed in a chair with a long pained sigh. He tried not to fuss as the clerics came over to attend to them.

"Thanks, Tio. I generally assume someone's tryin' t'kill us, an' even seemingly-random stuff can be rigged sometimes so...never know."

He raised an eyebrow at the voting part but just nodded.

He glanced at Safia and his clouded a bit at the mention of Yanyeeku. "First, he goes crazy, grows a freakin' tail an' attacks teammates. Then he just wanders off when he owes us an explanation. Not cool."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 244 posts
Mon 18 Jan 2016
at 19:15
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 143):

Drazgar waits around for the next thing to do or someone to talk to him.
Safia
 player, 150 posts
 HP 4/41
 Lore Warden
Tue 19 Jan 2016
at 01:08
Re: Festival Day 3

"Aden isn’t here. He left just before Tio passed out the voting slips," she pointed out in response to Morien. "And we can’t cast our votes until after Team El Gavassa finishes their challenge. Besides," she added, looking to Dustil as well. "I think that hunk of metal did something to Yanyeeku’s head, what with the way he was clutching it and groaning in pain. He didn’t mean to attack me. Why would he? That’s just, well...it’s nonsense, that’s what it is, and no one ought to be thinking of breaking his nose." There was faint censure in her tone, intermingled with worry.

"Yanyeeku is our teammate. We shouldn’t leave him to suffer alone when he clearly needs our help. ...I’m going to go find him."

With that, Safia took off in search of Yanyeeku, rounding the same corner she'd seen him disappear around shortly ago...
Morien
 player, 602 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 19 Jan 2016
at 06:12
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien sighed as Safia left. Since it was only Dustil and Drazgar remaining, he stepped into the middle of the room. "If I were to guess, I would say Yanyeeku is possessed by something... though by what, I cannot say."

 Morien begins to head after Safia. " I'm going after them. Neither Aden nor Safia are in any condition to defend themselves if the beast shows itself again."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 245 posts
Tue 19 Jan 2016
at 06:47
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Morien (msg # 146):

Drazgar smiles and prepares to go after them.
"It is truly the right thing to do to go after them."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 843 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 19 Jan 2016
at 20:15
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil looked after Safia, even after she turned the corner, from where he was seated. He looked at Morien and Drazgar, and let out a sigh. He shook his head. "Feel free t'go. I'll stay here an' man our box in case anythin' comes up."
Morien
 player, 603 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 20 Jan 2016
at 00:57
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien nodded. "That sounds good. Let's go Drazgar."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 246 posts
Thu 21 Jan 2016
at 06:19
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Morien (msg # 149):

Drazgar smiles and walks away.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:20, Thu 21 Jan 2016.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1177 posts
Sun 31 Jan 2016
at 16:56
Re: Festival Day 3
immediately after entering your box team elgavassa steps down into the arena floor.

"And finally Team Elgavassa...MUST DEFEAT THEIR MOST DANGEROUS ENEMY!"

Team Elgavassa which had been standing in a small group at the center of the arena suddenly disappears and then reappears except now there are two of each and their positions have been jumbled around so no one knows who the original one was and each individual is evenly spaced away from each other.

OOC: Sorry for the delay folks. finally found my notes. I'll let you guys react and continue on with your rp before posting up the summary of this last trial.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 21:53, Mon 01 Feb 2016.

Aden Bero
 player, 1020 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 1 Feb 2016
at 18:50
Re: Festival Day 3
In the search for Yanyeeku, Aden looks over his shoulder back towards the arena.  He smiled at the creativity of the encounter, having to fight yourselves and not knowing who to trust.
Safia
 player, 152 posts
 HP 4/41
 Lore Warden
Wed 3 Feb 2016
at 02:46
Re: Festival Day 3
OOC: I don't know how far ahead of Safia Aden is, but I presume since he didn't see her when he tossed a look over his shoulder, he's out of her line of sight?

~

Team Elgavassa’s challenge was announced, reverberating in the air even as Safia let out a small, disappointed sigh. She’d lost Yanyeeku, and she couldn’t help but feel a twinge of guilt at not immediately following him out of the arena when she had the chance. It had been obvious to her that Yanyeeku had suffered some sort of head trauma during the battle. She just didn’t know what had caused it or to what extent, whether physical or mental. And now there was nothing she could do but wait for him to return on his own…or wait until she found him torn to pieces in an alley…just like Jace.

Dammit Yanyeeku! She swore a silent oath, frustrated by her inability to help her new friend. You had better come back in one piece, or...or...dammit. Just come back. ...Please.

Safia turned away from her search and back to the arena, hoping to find distraction from worrisome thoughts by watching the final competition for the day. Her eyes found Morien and Drazgar as she turned, and she managed a small, though genuine smile. "Hey, guys...thanks. I guess we won’t have to worry about who might break Yanyeeku’s nose. ...I can’t find him." She glanced over her shoulder, murmuring, "Unless Aden did?...Where did he go off to anyway?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 845 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 3 Feb 2016
at 03:12
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil sat in the Team Arcadia box, though none of his teammates were still there with him. He began to drink as he sat mostly alone. He perked up slightly when Team Elgavassa entered the arena. His voice was quiet but full of emotion when he said the one name, "Janos." He sat up more fully when the challenge was announced. "Hmm. Now THIS should be int'restin'." He lifted his flask in a mock-toast, "This is gonna hurt you a lot more than it'll hurt me, an' I'll sure enjoy watchin'! So make it a good show."
Morien
 player, 604 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 3 Feb 2016
at 23:01
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien held up one hand as Safia turned. "Possibly...Dustil's sitting in the voting box all alone. Why don't you two head back while I look for Aden?"

 He paused for a moment, before adding as almost an afterthought. "... and Yanyeeku. Anyway, more than one of us should probably be around when the time to cast a vote comes."
Mr. Main
 GM, 1178 posts
Wed 3 Feb 2016
at 23:44
Re: Festival Day 3
Team Elgavassa stares at each other for a while. Sizing each other up. Trying to see if they can notice some clue that will reveal who is real and who is a fake.



"This Stupid. There is one Thunk; not two. Thunk smash you!" Thunk 1 shouts

"No! Thunk Smash other Thunk." thunk two counters

"Thunk left standing is real Thunk." both thunks say at the same time. The two thunks tighten their grips on their axes.

"Hold on there a second. What will you do after you're done? Stand around paitently waiting for the rest of us to figure out which one is real?" Revard A asks

"Or are you just going to keep swinging your Axe all in a frenzy until there is only one of each still standing?" Revard B continues.

"When one of each left trial over." Thunk 1 answers.

"Last one standing is strongest. Strongest is real." Thunk 2 explains.

"Yeah that's not going to work." Revard A comments

"The last Thunk standing might be the real Thunk. But how could the real thunk tell which one of us is real? With your Axe? Revard B asks.

"Your axe would kill whichever one you decided to hit; real or not." Revard A explains.

"So you could clear the trial by attacking until only one of each was left, but then when it's over you could have killed all the real members of the team leaving you alone." Revard B further explains.

"You're not going to make it far in the rest of the tourney on your own. You won't be able to clear the gauntlet on your own either." Revard A comments.

Both thunks seem to be considered what the Revards just said.

"Each one of us reveals something that only the real version of another one of us would know the truth of." Kern suggests

"And then from the Confirmed pairs we can start further identifying the real ones" Kern prime adds.

"First how do you know the copy's don't have access to our memories? Second how many of us have something that only another member of the group knows that can be used to verify them." Revard A asks

"Plus what's to stop two fakes from fabricating some story to pass them selves off as real?" Revard B adds.

"And what if a third pair chimes in. One saying the first pair is telling the truth while the second says they are lying? Whose words can you really trust?" Revard A asks

"Ultimately only your own. Which puts us all back right at the beginning having accomplished nothing but revealing a couple secrets." Revard B explains.

"I'll just use magic. I can determine which ones are real by the Magic auras of the spells and items active on them." a Pically suggests.

" Plus the fakes should be caused by some kind of magic therefore they'll be identifiable by the aura on them that they will all share. Of the same school and same intensity." the other Pically adds.

"That's better, but what if the other Pically says you are lying?" (Revard A)

"We'd have to figure out which one was telling the truth. which can get dicey if the fakes start backing each other up." (Revard B)

"it would at least give us some more information to go on, not that we'd necessarily be able to actually use it." (Revard A)

"Then have both of them do use their magic and write down what they see on each of us separately without speaking of it to anyone. Then everyone can compare what it says on those to lists and we can decide personally based upon what we know what items the other have on them which Pically has the right list and the wrong list." jack comments.

"Once we know which Pically is the real one we can use that one's list and other magic to weed out the other fakes." Jack adds.

"If all the fakes know who the other fakes are they'll either all support the fake pically..." (Revard A)

"Or adjust their votes to keep it a split decision to maximize uncertainty" (Revard B)
Aden Bero
 player, 1021 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Thu 4 Feb 2016
at 05:35
Re: Festival Day 3
Safia, yeah, I'm saying Aden was able to look at the arena without necessarily seeing you.

After a couple of minutes, Aden gives up on finding Yanyeeku.  If the kitsune didn't want to be found, it was way to easy to disappear into the crowd.  Aden headed back towards their booth, shrugging when he saw his companions, signaling he didn't know where the bard had gone off to.

He could appreciate an intellectual debate, but he was a bit disappointed they hadn't started pummeling each other yet.  On the other hand, he doubted they were putting on the most entertaining "fight" for the fans.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:39, Thu 04 Feb 2016.

Morien
 player, 605 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 4 Feb 2016
at 07:48
Re: Festival Day 3
 Moments after Morien finished speaking, he spotted Aden signaling to them. "Well, if Yanyeeku wishes to return, he'll do so on his own time. Let us return to our boxes and watch this fight.

 I can only say that I'm glad we didn't get this matchup. I have enough problems with impostors without having to deal with yet another one."

Dustil Kraye
 player, 848 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 4 Feb 2016
at 16:41
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil chuckled at Morien as he returned. "Oh but what a fight we'd have with ourselves? OR the ability t'beat the CRAP outta each other without feelin' guilty later...unless o'course you beat up the REAL person an' not one o'the duplicates!" He chuckled again.

He found the debate interesting since they didn't seem to be making any headway. He wondered when at least Thunk would get bored/frustrated enough to attack.
Safia
 player, 153 posts
 HP 4/41
 Lore Warden
Thu 4 Feb 2016
at 23:56
Re: Festival Day 3
Morien:
Morien held up one hand as Safia turned. "Possibly...Dustil's sitting in the voting box all alone. Why don't you two head back while I look for Aden?"

Having grown up with two older brothers, Safia rankled at the implication she should go back to the box like a good little girl and let the 'big boys' handle things. Not that it really mattered once Aden reappeared and Frost and Fire easily fell in together, giving up the hunt.

Rather than follow after them, Safia gave a parting nod to Drazgar as she moved off to the side to watch the challenge. Though knowledge was oft her strategy in battle, she couldn’t help but agree with the simplicity of Thunk’s thinking. She would know her imposter, even if she didn’t have a clue to the others. Plan A: the shortest distance between two points was to bash an imposter upside the head.

Then again, maybe that was just her current mood.

Plan B would require a bit more thought.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1181 posts
Sat 6 Feb 2016
at 18:17
Re: Festival Day 3
"Okay, how about going with Jack's idea, after the Picallys separately write down their lists without talking to anyone. We review both of them. Everyone secretly writes down their answer about which one is right." A Kern suggests

" To further make vote tampering harder how about we have them fold up their lists and into a bag, shake it about and draw them out this way we don't know for sure who wrote what list and before we tally votes we throw the votes into that same bag and shake it around as well so no one will know whose vote was just tallied. That way it's harder to guess who voted for who and unless there is a heavy favoring the exact outcome won't be known until the last few votes are examined." the other adds.

"If both lists are the same this process is mute. Revard A comments

"What's the harm? it's not like there is a time limit. if it fails were still at the deadlock. If it succeeds we could move forward."

The first Revard shrugs and the Picallys cast detect magic and examine everyones auras. They then walk a way from the group keeping their distance from each other and start creating their lists. After they have finished their lists they fold them up and put them into a bag that both the Revards are holding. After the Revards draw the lists and unfold them everyone from the two teams reads the lists. and then the Revards hand out tokens to mark out votes on. After all the votes have been put into the bag and the bag shaken. Revard A goes to draw out a token...But is suddenly stabbed in the back by Revard B. His knife piercing right into revard A's kidney. At that same time Thunk 1 charges Thunk 2, and one of the jack hurls a mind blade into the back of the Revard that just got stabbed dropping him. While one of the kerns attacks the other.

One of the pically's starts casting a spell the second pically also starts casting and fires  a ray of burning energy at the pically who started casting first. the other jack attacks the Jack that dropped Revard A while the other kern and thunk attack their respective selves. Revard B Moves up and attacks one of the jacks, stabbing him in the back. The jack that had not gotten stabbed slashes the jack who just had been. The Pically that had been burned by a ray attack from the other seems to have set himself to countering the Pically that had shot him. The other pically seems to be rather annoyed. The Jack that had just been stabbed in the back tries to tumble out of being flanked, but isn't agile enough to avoid the other jack's blade and takes a slash for his effort. he attacks that jack back but misses as the other jack side-steps and repositions himself. the thunks and kerns continue fighting.

instead of continuing to engage the jack Revard B moves into flank against one of the kerns and stabs that one in the back as well. The jack that had side-stepped moves back a bit and seems to focus. he grins at the other jack. That jack moves in and attacks him scoring a solid hit. With revard B's help one of the Kerns has a decisive advantage over the other and presses it to full effect. As he swings his scimitar it glows blue and you can see frost start to cover the blade. It strikes home and you see the kern struck suddenly go stiff. He attacks with his weapon and hits the kern that just struck him, but seems unable to move his legs. The thunks continue to fight and one Pically continues to frustrate the other.

Revard B once again disengages from his opponent, this time he moves back to fight the jack he had stabbed earlier. stabbing him in the back once more. (you'd think he'd learn to watch it by now). The other jack also attacks the stricken jack. The kern that can move dashes into that fray, the immoblized kern lands a blow as he his opponent leaves. Kern's scimitar cuts deep into the stricken jack's sides and jack falls.  Whatever had held the first kern in place seems to have ended bceause that kern can now move. Instead of attacking the group of three he moves to attack the countering pically. and scores a hit. distracted by the new threat that pically casts mirror image creating 4 of himself and then backs off. Kern attacks as the pically tries to withdraw destroying one of the copies. The other pically casts a spell and rolls a ball of flame into the group of three that had just downed a jack. the thunks continue fighting.

 Those three charge the pically that had just burned them and through their combined attacks drop him rather quickly. The other kern continues to harrass the mirror imaged pically. he attacks and destroys one of the fakes. that pically moves away again and Kern lashes out once more destroying yet another copy revealing the real pically, but he manages to get out of range and moves over to his allies. Finally one of the Thunks drops the other and Roars "TOLD YOU! STRONGEST IS REAL!" clearly outnumbered with no clear way to win the lone kern drops his scimitar and asks "How did you figure it out?"

"We're sneakier" Revard answers. The last kern vanishes.

"TEAM ELGAVASSA WINS!" the mayor shouts and he quickly follows that statement by asking "Would you mind telling us all how you managed to figure out who the real ones were?"
Aden Bero
 player, 1023 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 8 Feb 2016
at 02:21
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden comments, "When we vote for the most entertaining team, maybe each of us should vote for a different team.  That way we don't accidentally pad any of their numbers too much."  Not the most honest way to go about it, but voting was part of the game, and therefore Aden felt justified in his tactic, if it helped them win.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 850 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 8 Feb 2016
at 04:42
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil watched the proceedings with interest. He was both pleased and disappointed by the results. "Well-played, I s'pose, an' a fight after all." It was a team not to turn one's back on, but then he already knew that. "Well I ain't votin' for Elgavassa anyway." He shook his head.
Aden Bero
 player, 1024 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 10 Feb 2016
at 01:20
Re: Festival Day 3
"Nor would I vote for Thryka.  I plan to vote for Urdrak."
Morien
 player, 610 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 10 Feb 2016
at 07:54
Re: Festival Day 3
 "...I'll be voting for Thryka. Also, I would speak with your acquaintance on that team, Aden. Something he did during the trials has piqued my interest."
Aden Bero
 player, 1025 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 10 Feb 2016
at 10:33
Re: Festival Day 3
"Fuck Adrian Mvashti." The oracle hawked a loogie and spit onto the arena.

Morien could interpret that as "go right ahead." Aden searched his pockets and began loading his pipe.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:27, Wed 10 Feb 2016.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1187 posts
Thu 11 Feb 2016
at 00:34
Re: Festival Day 3
"That's simple; magic. It solves everything." Pically answered with a smug grin. After a moment he continued "I used a particular spell that created a message only my team mates could read on the list I wrote. I told them to attack their counterparts as soon as the first votes would be drawn. That I would ready myself to cast a minor soon on my team mates as they attacked to mark them with red sashes on our arms. That way we could tell each other apart from the fakes. You saw the rest."

"but how would you know that only your allies would be able to see and understand your magic message or that seeing such a thing, even if they could not read it, would tip the other team?"

"Because of how the spell works. Anyone who is not a the target of the spell, and thus cannot read the message, is effected by a suggestion. The suggestion was "forget these scribbles and vote." Granted they might have been able to resist the suggestion, but the only one really likely to do that, the fake Me, would not be reading the list anyway. Even if they did resist the suggestion the message would still be unintelligible to them. Anyone who mentioned not being able to read some of the list would have been noted by me and marked if I could get off casting the spell."

"Thunk can't read. Thunk looked over the lists because other Thunk did and Thunk did not want other Thunk to think he was better. When Thunk saw fight start Thunk attack because stupid waste time was over."
Aden Bero
 player, 1026 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Thu 11 Feb 2016
at 21:58
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden laughed out loud at Thunks honesty.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 852 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 11 Feb 2016
at 22:18
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil listened and then shook his head slowly. Strange but effective tactics apparently. That would be a difficult team to beat - not that any of the teams had really been slouches thus far. He was glad he and his team hadn't gotten the challenge of the duplicates though. He wasn't sure how well they would have done.

"My vote's for Team Forge-Town."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:26, Fri 12 Feb 2016.

Safia
 player, 155 posts
 HP 4/41
 Lore Warden
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 05:28
Re: Festival Day 3

"I'll put my vote to paper on whichever team is left over, if that's the strategy," Safia piped in as she reappeared from around their team's box. "But my actual vote would be for team Urdrak as well. The dwarves were impressive and I truly enjoyed their finish. They put up a good fight."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 248 posts
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 05:39
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Safia (msg # 170):

"We have to vote for other teams. I thought we were the most entertaining."
Aden Bero
 player, 1027 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 12:43
Re: Festival Day 3
"Cuz we were Draz.  But the rules say we have to vote for other teams, so we should split up our votes evenly."
Mr. Main
 GM, 1190 posts
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 19:10
Re: Festival Day 3
"It doesn't really matter. There are over Ten Thousand people in the audience I seriously doubt that your six votes could swing anything one way or another. That said you don't have to vote if you really don't want to. It's just requested that you do." OOC: I personally just wanted to know which teams, not including your own, you guys (your characters as well as you personally as players) thought had the best most interesting/entertaining run. Your votes don't change anything I just thought I'd throw it in for fluff.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 249 posts
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 21:02
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 173):

"Then Team Eglavassa."
Mr. Main
 GM, 1192 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 15:40
Re: Festival Day 3
It takes about twenty minutes to half an hour for all the votes to be tallied. Once they are finished the mayor stands up and starts to speak. "The audience has decided, the crowd favorite is Team Thryka with teams Urdrak and Arcadia tied for second and Elgavasa in third. Team Urdrak and Arcadia will split the points awarded to second place. In additional First place gets a prize purse of 3000 gold per person. the second place teams get a voucher for a 15% discount at Martin and Kern, Eastwind trading and Domninus trading or any of their affiliates. Third place gets the first run on the gauntlet today."

OOC: sorry for the excessive delay, work was crazy because we were heading to a trade show in AC. So I had a lot to do before we left for it to clear our schedule and then I was stuck in AC, I know all day open bars and free food are so terrible, for the last few days.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1193 posts
Sun 28 Feb 2016
at 04:25
Re: Festival Day 3
"Tch. Clever bastards."Tio mutters under his breath. He then turns towards your group.

"you have a lead in points so far. The first and second day challenges really gave you a good head start, but everyone just got a large prize and Thryka got a even bigger purse. I would suggest you spend it wisely."
Aden Bero
 player, 1030 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 28 Feb 2016
at 17:30
Re: Festival Day 3
Sure, Aden was disappointed with not winning the crowd's vote.  But that 5000 gold would do a good deal to cheer him up.  He wondered how much of it he should spend on his date with Sara.  Damn.  She seemed like the type with expensive tastes, and now she'd know for sure he was flush with cash.  But thinking about those curves, and that fiery temperment...  anyone that looked at Aden right then saw him lost in a nice daydream with a goofy ass smile on his face.

"Well team, once again we kicked ass.  Tio, how does it work with Elgavassa getting first pass at the gauntlet.  If we head over there now, could they keep us waiting all damn day and go at the last second?  Is it possible they could actually take long enough to keep us from getting a chance today?"

Depending on Tio's answer, Aden is all for heading over to the gauntlet asap, to make sure they're 2nd in line for the attempt.  They had the knowledge of how to beat the last room, and had found the secret to getting through the earlier rooms with minimal attrition.  If Elgavassa couldn't get it done, the gauntlet would be there's today.

That might almost put them too far ahead in points for anyone to catch up, and they still had the compass to start finding all the tokens.  The games were almost their's to lose at this point.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1194 posts
Sun 28 Feb 2016
at 23:45
Re: Festival Day 3
"That's a good question. I don't know. This is the first I'm hearing of second and third place prizes. Normally I'd have heard of them before the announcement. Just like I knew it was Scenario battles today. Of course I couldn't tell you, but I am allowed to make certain arrangements for afterward. My first guess would be that they could, but the pressure me and the other advisers for the other teams could apply would force them to take their turn or pass it. After all every team is supposed to theoretically get a chance to run the gauntlet each day so long as it has not been beaten. Of course that doesn't stop them from taking their sweet ass time once inside. I figure that they could reasonably buy a few hours of not going in with saying they are making preparations. But maybe they arranged to go first because they think they have some sort of edge."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 855 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 20:21
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil had to work very hard to get the sourness off of his face. As it was he ended up with a small smile that had the edges of a frown to it around the eyes, brow and so on. He crosses his arms over his chest as he listened to Tio. "Good question, Aden. I agree, we want to run it as soon as we can if we can. If they beat it...I'm going to be pretty pissed."
Aden Bero
 player, 1031 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 1 Mar 2016
at 02:17
Re: Festival Day 3
"Tio, any chance Revard Janos used his influence to get the additional prizes added in?  They were trying to barter with us yesterday for first crack at the gauntlet.  I smell cheaters."
Morien
 player, 612 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 1 Mar 2016
at 04:20
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien had remained silent for a time but now he spoke. "Tio... is there any place I can go to in order to find a person's residence? I have a debt that must be repaid in person but no way of knowing where to find them."
Mr. Main
 GM, 1195 posts
Tue 1 Mar 2016
at 13:31
Re: Festival Day 3
"Revard Janos doesn't have influence on the tournament committee. The simple fact that the mayor went ahead and announced those additional prizes means that they were added properly. I'm not entirely sure how. Of course it could just be they were there all along and the committee just didn't tell us for reason. Negotiations and even sometimes cooperation between teams isn't against the rules." Tio reponds to aden.

"I'm not sure. Maybe the hall of records? If you know their full name you might be able to find something." Tio answers Morien.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 23:05, Sun 06 Mar 2016.

Safia
 player, 157 posts
 HP 4/41
 Lore Warden
Thu 3 Mar 2016
at 03:31
Re: Festival Day 3


While Safia lent an ear to the conversation at hand, her thoughts wandered.
Aden Bero
 player, 1032 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Fri 4 Mar 2016
at 02:36
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden was ready to head straight to the gauntlet.  Best to be next in line, if they had the chance.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 857 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 7 Mar 2016
at 16:23
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil looked around at his teammates. "Soooo..." He gave a shrug. "Shall we go stake out second entry for the Gauntlet? Or head out to try and find the other things that give us points? I vote Gauntlet."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 252 posts
Mon 7 Mar 2016
at 17:16
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 185):

" I also vote gauntlet."
Drazgar says as he thinks or private time with a bound Safia.
Safia
 player, 159 posts
 HP 4/41
 Lore Warden
Tue 8 Mar 2016
at 18:56
Re: Festival Day 3

"The gauntlet is fine by me too," Safia replied to Dustil, voicing a portion of her thoughts. "I hope Yanyeeku shows up, though. ...We'll need him."