Festival Day 3.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Safia
 player, 119 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Fri 20 Nov 2015
at 03:42
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 7):


Judging by where the sun sat in the sky, Safia realized she had some time to burn before her 10am call to the arena. She veered off toward the Drunken Monkey figuring she’d find her teammates there...well, Dustil and Drazghar would be there for certain. It wasn’t an establishment that she frequented until late, but it seemed to have become her teammates’ favorite watering hole.

~

OOC: I’m good either way, with meeting at the Drunken Monkey or the Arena.
Aden Bero
 player, 967 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sat 21 Nov 2015
at 23:02
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden thinks out loud, "We need the following things, just incase:

100 ft. of rope, 200 ft. is even better.
A grappling hook
A 10 ft. pole
Some canvas sacks
Crowbar
Climbers kit...

Anyone have any of that?  Or can you think of anything else?

I have a couple flasks of holy water, a few flasks of oil, and some alchemist's fire."

Dustil Kraye
 player, 805 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 22 Nov 2015
at 03:23
Re: Festival Day 3
OOC: We do still have 3 lengths of 50' rope (30lbs) each with a grappling hook tied to it (12lbs) listed on my sheet. So we could either divvy that up different or buy more rope if you think we need it.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:42, Wed 25 Nov 2015.

Aden Bero
 player, 968 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 25 Nov 2015
at 08:58
Re: Festival Day 3
That should be good for rope.  Let's pick up the rest real quick since no one has it.  Aden votes to stop by the nearest adventurer's supply store or wal-mart.
Morien
 player, 566 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 25 Nov 2015
at 23:06
Re: Festival Day 3
OOC: I have 100ft of rope, 2 grappling hooks, and a crowbar
Mr. Main
 GM, 1133 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2015
at 00:53
Re: Festival Day 3
As everyone discusses their equipment and readiness for the days challenges Felece comes by with coffee for everyone "It's on the house. Want to make sure you're all awake and ready for today." She comments as she hands them out. The coffee is very hot and dark black. Bear sticks some cream, milk and honey on the bar for anyone who wants to add something to their drink.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 227 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2015
at 01:21
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 18):

Drazgar orders another ale.
Morien
 player, 567 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 27 Nov 2015
at 08:04
Re: Festival Day 3
 As bleary eyed as Morien was, he partook heartily of the coffee... or it would be more accurate to say that he partook of the milk and honey, only flavoring it with coffee.
Aden Bero
 player, 969 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Fri 27 Nov 2015
at 15:21
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden toasted their benefactors, and drank deeply, feeling the hot black coffee rush down his throat.  He handled the heat with ease, letting it fuel his furnace.  He started loading his pipe, tapping tobacco into the bowl.

"So 250 ft in rope, 5 grappling hooks, and a crowbar.  Let's finish our coffee and grab the pole, sacks, and climbers kit."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 806 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 27 Nov 2015
at 15:45
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil smiled at Felece and thanked her. He drank deeply of his coffee after blowing it for a few seconds. "Alright. Let's make it a great day then, shall we?"

He put on a cheery front of optimism. It would be very hard to tell that he hadn't slept that well or that he was worried about something.

Then he finished up and got ready to go.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 228 posts
Fri 27 Nov 2015
at 16:44
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 22):

Drazgar drinks his ale. When he is done he follows Dustil out quietly.
Morien
 player, 568 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 28 Nov 2015
at 08:05
Re: Festival Day 3
 After drinking his coffee, Morien put on his helmet, obscuring the view of his haggard face, and followed after the group. Though he had appeared weary when he had first arrived, the coffee seemed to have perked him up... at least in body.
Safia
 player, 120 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 29 Nov 2015
at 00:46
Re: Festival Day 3

She may have arrived too late for the caffeine-rich coffee Felece offered her teammates, but Safia had already downed a cup or two from home. Her brother Basil could have benefitted from the same, she thought with a slight grumble. He hadn’t eased her curiosity about Ethan in the least.

Unable to shake the peculiar feeling of eyes on her back, Safia paused just outside the Drunken Monkey to toss a glance over her shoulder.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1134 posts
Sun 29 Nov 2015
at 02:05
Re: Festival Day 3
The group heads out of the monkey and makes their way to arena with a quick stop on the way...
OOc: are you going anywhere in particular for the sacks, pole and climber's kit? It's all standard equipment you can find with ease in a large city. So you can just add it to someone's equipment after paying for it if you'd like. No need to Rp picking it up unless you want to.
Aden Bero
 player, 970 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 29 Nov 2015
at 02:43
Re: Festival Day 3
i'll add it tomorrow, and let Safia know how much to subtract from the newly received gold.

If Aden's companions seemed more tense/worried than usual, it was certainly lost on Aden.  He was almost skipping as they left the monkey and entered the crowded streets.  "Today is the day we take the lead that will carry us to the champions spot.  We have the strongest team we've fielded yet."  He wished a few other comrades were present, but their ensemble was strong.  Definitely melee heavy, but the spell-casters would just need to be tactical with their support.

As they neared the arena, Aden's smile only got wider as he got fired up.

"By the way guys, I can shoot fireballs now.  If there's a group of enemies in front of us, and it makes sense, give me a second to blast them before you move in."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:46, Sun 29 Nov 2015.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 807 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 29 Nov 2015
at 03:31
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil gave Aden a sly smile with a sidelong look. "I also got some new tricks up my robe-sleeves. Some o'the stuff my ol' sensei tried t'teach me finally made sense. Darkness can be a powerful ally." He then snorted. He wasn't really in to the whole 'cryptic' mumbojumbo talk like the masters were back at the monastery.

He planted one fist in to the other hand's open palm. "Let's kick some ass!"
Yanyeeku
 player, 185 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Mon 30 Nov 2015
at 18:40
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku had confirmed previously that he didn't have a great deal in the way of gear; not being accustomed to travel that would require the mentioned items. He listened curiously as Aden and Dustil both confirmed having mastered new techniques; perhaps they all had. "We've all gotten a bit more skilled from our last gauntlet attempt haven't we?" He commented idly. "I wonder what we will be doing in the arena today."
Aden Bero
 player, 971 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 30 Nov 2015
at 19:38
Re: Festival Day 3
5 sacks, 2.5 lbs, .5 gp
Climber's kit, 5 lbs, 80 gp
Pole, 8 lbs, .05 gp

Safia, please subtract 80.55 gp from Jace's. I think Aden has the carrying capacity to hold all of this, I'll let you know if not.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1136 posts
Sun 6 Dec 2015
at 23:37
Re: Festival Day 3
The team bought their last minute supplies and then headed for the Arena. The streets were crowded and the going was slow. As they approached the Arena they could see a huge line filing back for almost a mile. It seemed like the whole city was trying to squeeze in to see today's challenge. As the group reached the Main gate they saw Tio waiting for them.

"Good. You were almost late. Hurry inside to the Arcadia box. The Mayor is about to announce today's challenge. I hope you are ready." Tio commented and then started to lead you inside. As the group hurried to their box they could see that the Arena was filled. You were unsure how any of the people waiting outside could fit in.

The Team settled into their box and waited for about ten minutes. That's when a loud Fan fare rung out. The crowd settled and the Mayor walked forward.

"The Challenges of the First two days have allowed all the competitors to display their prowess, wit and valor. And all of us have enjoyed watching. But starting today the tournament beings in earnest! The challenges of these next few days are nothing like the warm ups of the first two days. These challenges will test the limits of these brave individuals and if our heroes cannot exceed those limits they will fail." The Mayor paused briefly to let that sink in before continuing.

"Today's challenge is a Scenario battle. hundreds of Scenarios have been planned and prepared in advance. Each team and the Scenario they will face will be selected randomly. If the team successfully clears the Scenario they will receive 75 victory points. After all the Scenarios have been completed the spectators will vote on which one they thought was the most entertaining and exciting. The first place winner will get an additional 50 victroy points, second place will get 10 and third will get 5. Let the Selection begin!"

IN the center of the arena on the illusionary display two wheels start spinning. One is filled with team names. The other with question marks, apparently the scenarios. The wheels spin and spin and eventually they settle upon Team Forge-town and ???. Apparently no one gets to know what the scenario is until the team has entered the arena floor and is ready to go. Team Forge-town makes their way down. Once they are in the center of the sands the Mayor speak up.

"The first team selected is Team Forge-town and they must...ESCAPE THE MINOTAUR FILLED LABYRINTH!"

Suddenly wall start to spring up all around the Arena and within a matter of seconds Team Forge-town finds themselves in the center of a dark and cramped maze.

OOC: will continue But I will put a small break here so you guys can respond, comment and talk amongst yourselves such before I continue.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:51, Sat 13 Feb 2016.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1137 posts
Mon 7 Dec 2015
at 04:18
Re: Festival Day 3
At first Team forge-town doesn't move. It seems like they are discussing something. But then after about half a minute they begin to move. Walking down one of the paths. They hit a corner with another hall down to their left. But instead of heading down the open corridor they take out large hammers and start smashing the corner until enough of the wall topples for them to pass through single file. They keep this up literally going in a straight line and smashing anything that gets in their way. AS they are smashing a wall a Minotaur charges them from behind. Smashing into Cleave, the large one that particpated in the test of mettle with Morien. The minotaur pushing him against the wall and attempts to gore him, but it's horns are turned by his heavily reinforced Metal "hide". The other warforged turn and as one swarm the minotaur bringing it down with a vicious brutal efficiency. They continue on their path smashing hole into any wall that blocks their path. Several walls smashes later a group of three minotaurs lies in wait for them to bust through a wall. ON charges from the front just as the opening is made while the other two charge them from behind.

This time though it looks like the warforged are ready because the Minotaur charging from the front runs into a pike held by one of the smaller warforged. While Cleave and Stalwart, the two larger warforged, intercept the Minotaurs charging from the rear. As the minotaur charging from the front impales it's self on the pike the fourth warforged tumbles past it and stabs it in the back with two short swords. It howls in pain and turns to swing it's axe at him. it misses. as that minotaur changes it focus to the warforged that stabbed it in the back, the one who had set the spear tumbles back draws a bow and fire two arrows. Both strike the beasts spine stopped it in it's tracks. AS it howls with rage and pain the other warforged takes the opportunity and thrusts one of it's short swords into the wounded beasts  throat. killing it.

Meanwhile Cleave after trading a blow of two lives up to his name and cuts the Minotaur he was fighting in half with his falchion. He then moves to join Stalwart who, has been fighting more defensively. Blocking and deflecting all of the minotaur's axe swings while landing solid but light strikes with his longsword. Cleave charges the minotuar from behind and cuts a large rend across his back. The warforged with a bow turns and quickly fires off two arrows which strike the minotaurs shoulders. Giving Stalwart the distraction he needs to run the beast through with his long sword. After dropping the last minotaur the group immediately goes back to work busting out of the labyrinth in a straight line. With another twenty minutes they manage to bust through the last wall and are outside.

The crowd cheers as Team Forge-town walks back into their box.

"Team Forge-Town has successfully escaped the labyrinth and will receive 75 vicotry points. now time to select the next team. It is..." and once again the spinning wheels appear. This time it is Team Urdrak that is called out. They walk out onto the sands.

"TEAM URDRAK MUST DEFEND THEIR FLEET FROM THE TERROR OF THE DEEP!" And suddenly the floor of the arena lowers and it seems like the Arena expands making the center area larger. Three ships appear with team Urdrak on the center one. The arena suddenly fills with water and soon the ships are maned by sailors. Each one armed with a harpoon and having a couple longboats.

OOC: going to take another little break here. Feel free to rp and such as you watch.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 03:00, Tue 08 Dec 2015.

Morien
 player, 569 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 7 Dec 2015
at 04:53
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien watches the fights, mentally cataloging how he would have handled the situation if he had been there... all the while being fully aware that it was a waste of time since he had no way of knowing what their "scenario" would be.

 "I hope we don't end up in the water."

 He very much doubted he'd be of much use in a scenario like the one going on right now...
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 229 posts
Mon 7 Dec 2015
at 05:44
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Morien (msg # 33):

Drazgar shrugs.

"being in the water might be a reason for Safia to show us more skin.
Yanyeeku
 player, 186 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Mon 7 Dec 2015
at 06:06
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku shuddered. "I will be happy enough if we aren't fighting on water. My swimming skills aren't the best." He didn't feel too happy about the thought of a minotaur labyrinth either, but of the two it seemed the safer option for him.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 808 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 7 Dec 2015
at 06:17
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil waited with all the patience he could muster for the announcements to begin. When it did he looked a bit surprised, "The first two days were warm-ups?" He shook his head and let out a quiet, bemused chuckle. But the rest of the announcement held his attention. Random teams and random scenarios. Interesting and difficult.

He scoffed at the first team breaking through the walls. "Kinda lame t'defeat the whole purpose of a maze. I mean, that's half o'the fun!" He rolled his eyes.

When the second scenario came up some of his teammates began discussing water. He gave a sidelong glance at Drazgar's comment but didn't say anything about it. "I doubt they'll repeat scenario environments an' conditions, so each is likely t'be different from the last, gents. Won't know til we get there, unfortunately."

He glanced at Aden and Yaneeku. "One o'ya use the wand t'put Mage Armor on me when we go down?"

This message was last edited by the player at 06:19, Mon 07 Dec 2015.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1138 posts
Mon 7 Dec 2015
at 23:13
Re: Festival Day 3
The ships begin to move forward as if they are on an open body of water and not inside an arena, but they never seem to move much closer to the other end. It's an odd, slightly confusing and almost disorienting sight. The ships sail in a line with each one a little behind and to the port of the ship in front. All the ships have harpoons, but the ship in the center has what looks like some sort of harpoon canon. Red mans that. The human in the party climbs up the crows nest and seems to start looking around. one of the dwarves starts casting magic while the other one  grabs a bunch of harpoons and otherwise readies himself for combat.   Jon, the one who had turned into a giant skunk in the test of wills against Dustil, on the other hand leans against a rail and waits.

The group sails on peacefully for ten minutes. Then suddenly a large shadow can be see under the water's surface. The Human in the crows nest of the center ship calls out and as Red swivels the Harpoon canon around A massive form can be seen rising out of the water. It slams it's massive bulk against the side of the lead ship. The crowd can almost feel the force of the blow as the sound of the impact washes over you. The massive shelled and clawed creature pushes the ship aside, cracking timbers and making rock wildly back and forth. The sailors on the ship are all thrown to the ground, some are tossed overboard, but somehow the ship manages to keep itself righted.

Red Fires the Harpoon canon and sends a huge metal shafted and wickedly barbed harpoon hurtling through the air. It strikes the massive creature in the right rear leg. It lets out a Mighty roar that almost causes your ear drums to burst and you're sitting in the stands. It must be even louder for those on the ships. The dwarf that had cast earlier casts yet another spell and soon a small pod of dolphins surrounds the front ship. They all charge the massive beast attacking it. But don't seem to be able to harm it at all. The second drawf hurls a harpoon, but it is to far for it to reach and the weapon useless splashes into the water. The human is hurrying down the crows nest and Jon moves over to Red and helps the Tiefling Reload the harpoon canon.

The Dolphins continue to harass the massive creature but can't seem hurt it through it's thick hide. The Dwarf who has been casting, the one with he Eye patch, casts yet another spell and a bright lance of energy shoots out from his hand. It strikes the creature and sears some of it's flesh, but doesn't seem to bother it much more. The dwarf who threw the harpoon pulls out a heavy crossbow and fires at the beast and this shot goes wide as well. The human finally manages to get down from the crows nest. red and Jon continue to try and reload the harpoon canon. The beast claws and bites at the lead ship . tearing deep rents into it's side. It does not seem like the ship can take much more.

This time the dolphins manage to slam into something other then the creatures massive shell and harm it. The dwarf that had been casting rushes over to the canon and casts a spell. The harpoon that is being loaded into it is now wreathed in lightning. Red and Jon finish loading the cannon. The human seems to yell something at the other dwarf. both of them run below deck. The beast turns from the ship and swallows one of the dolphins whole and rends the other two into bloody pulp with it's massive claws.

Red Fires the harpoon canon once more. And again the sharpshooter's aim proves true. This time striking the armored beast in it's massive Neck. The Dwarf and jon start reloading the harpoon canon while Red draws his signature Gun. The human and the other Dwarf are still below decks. The beast angered by the attack swims towards the center ship. It then opens it's mouth and unleashes a powerful blast of steam that catches red, jon and the dwarf.

Red and Jon seem to avoid the worst of it, but the dwarf takes the blast full on. What little of his skin you can see is red and blistered. His armor is steaming. He staggers a bit but then goes on back to reloading the harpoon canon with jon. Red meanwhile Fires twice with his rifle. Both shots land, not that the beast seems to notice. the Human and the other dwarf are still below decks.

The Beast reaches the central ship and slams into it. The ship is knocked about. The dwarf who was helping to load the canon is knocked off his feat. Jon catches himself on the railing and manages to stay standing. Red manages to stay on his feet as well. The other human and dwarf are out of sight still below decks.

Red takes two more shots, both of which strike home again. However the mighty sea terror doesn't even flinch. It is focused on smashing the central ship to bits. Jon And The other dwarf Manage to finish reloading the harpoon. The Other human and Dwarf come up from below decks the human is carrying a good amount of powder kegs while the dwarf has a large barrel. The Sea beast bites and slashes at the ship. One of his claws rakes the harpoon canon off of the ship. Jon just barely manages to knock the dwarf out of the way as the massive claw tears the canon and a good amount of the railing away.

The first dwarf casts another spell as the human and the other dwarf race to a launch and drop the powder kegs and the barrel into it. Shouting something all the while. Jon rushes over and hops into the launch as Red and lowers it into the water. The dragon turtle attacks the ship once more bashing it about. Knocking the first dwarf overboard. Once in the water Jon rows the launch right at the dragon turtle. Red draws his rifle and takes aim. The human and the second dwarf rush to the side of the ship where the first dwarf fell overboard and toss lines into the water while yelling.

The dragon turtle eyes the launch contemptuously and as Jon rows it into reach lashes out with it's mighty beak like jaws. Jon dives off and as the monsters jaws close onto the launch red fires. His bullet flies true and strikes one of the powder kegs causing the rest and the barrel to explode into the sea terrors jaws. The beast lets out a choked and startled scream before collapsing and sinking into the depths. And just as suddenly as the water and ships appeared the sands of the arena return. The first dwarf is spawled out on the ground in a heap with what looks like blood seeping out of him. His allies rush to his side and try to staunch his wounds. They carrying him out of the arena and into their box.

Team Urdrak has successfully defended their fleet from the dreaded Turtle Dragon terror of the deep. Earning 75 victory points.

OOC: whew playing these out is taking more effort then I thought.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:01, Tue 08 Dec 2015.