Festival Day 3.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Safia
 player, 121 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Tue 8 Dec 2015
at 05:15
Re: Festival Day 3

“I can swim,” Safia murmured partly in response to Yanyeeku’s aversion towards the idea, but mostly just idle talk. “I can’t breathe underwater or outswim a creature like that one, though.”

It went without saying that she didn’t have gills. It was just that the more she watched, the more restless she felt.
Aden Bero
 player, 973 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 8 Dec 2015
at 08:51
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden snorted, "Be prepared indeed." The challenge could literally be anything.  He hoped they didn't have to fight somewhere cold or wet.

Although the robots tactics were as straightforward as you could get in a twisty maze, Aden laughed.  They were logical to a fault, and good warriors.  He envied the craftsmanship that had gone into them.

During the naval battle, Aden cheered on team Urdrak.  He kinda liked those guys.  Red was definitely a badass shot.  Aden would never admit it, but he was still surprised he'd beaten him in the Marksmanship competition.
Morien
 player, 570 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 8 Dec 2015
at 10:45
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien watched passively until the creature showed itself. However, his breath quickened as he watched the Dragon Turtle tear into the ships. He clenched his jaw and swallowed hard.

"To capture a sea god and display it for entertainment purposes... Arcadia's magic is truly terrifying."

This message was last edited by the player at 10:45, Tue 08 Dec 2015.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 810 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 8 Dec 2015
at 15:21
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil wasn't sure what he had been expecting with the water arena, but he had been expected what showed up. He let out a low whistle and leaned over the railing as if to get a better look at the monster. He watched the ensuing battle for survival and found himself nodding slightly. "Damn. Those guys think pretty fast on their feet."

He glanced at Morien and then frowned. Sea god? Huh.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 231 posts
Tue 8 Dec 2015
at 15:35
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 41):

Drazgar laughs.

"That was not a God. A powerful beast to be sure not even a true Dragon. Beautiful and Maginificient. I am glad Arcadia turns such magic to entertainment rather then War."
Morien
 player, 571 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 9 Dec 2015
at 04:48
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien does not turn from where he watched, but Drazgar's laughter seemed to have a sharpening effect on Morien's tone. "Tell that to the fishermen's wives who fashion fetishes to throw out to sea... appeasing them so that their husbands might return home."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:49, Wed 09 Dec 2015.

Aden Bero
 player, 974 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 9 Dec 2015
at 13:10
Re: Festival Day 3
"Yes gents, I'd hate to run into the real thing out on the open seas.  An illusionary version was terrifying enough."

Aden looked to Tio, "Aren't we supposed to receive an advantage since we won yesterday? Any idea what that would be?  Mayor didn't specify."
Mr. Main
 GM, 1140 posts
Wed 9 Dec 2015
at 22:07
Re: Festival Day 3
"The Advantage you won yesterday was the compass which helps you locate Emblems which are worth points and can be exchanged for 'favors'. That's quite the edge." Tio replies

OOC: Next scenario is coming up, will post the results soon.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1142 posts
Thu 10 Dec 2015
at 22:09
Re: Festival Day 3
Once more the wheels spin and this time it is team Nova Spera's turn. The four of them walk down into the arena and stand in the center. "NEXT TEAM NOVA SPERA MUST...SAVE THE QUEEN!" This is just a figurative queen. There are no queens in Arcadia, at least no royal ones. What people like to dress up in is their own business.

Suddenly What looks like the main audience chamber of a palace Springs up around Team Nova Spera. The audience can see right through it. Bu,t to those inside, as displayed by the view screens, it is as solid, and vision blocking, as real stone. The team also suddenly finds themselves to wearing the raiment and insignia this particular queens guard. In addition to themselves there are apparently two other guardsmen stationed on either side of the queen. She is sitting on a throne in a raised platform at the rear of the room. Far off to both of her sides against the walls are minstrels playing various instruments. occupying the center or the room are many people dressed in exotic and fanciful costumes or formal wear with really expensive and elaborate masks. Many of them are dancing. There are several tables at the far end of the hall filled with food and drink. It seems to be some sort of masquerade.

Will finish updating later. going to be putting up two tonight.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1144 posts
Sat 12 Dec 2015
at 18:16
Re: Festival Day 3
Noting the two guards by the queen Team Nova Spera gathers together and talks for a short while. They then split off. One of them goes over and checks out the minstrels, the second casts a spell and moves over to and carefully observes the dancers, a third casts some spell and then heads off walking the perimeter keeping a look out everywhere. The last one...is gone? He was there. It looked like he was heading towards where the tables with food are, but then everyone lost track of him.

perception checks to try and notice where he is. if anyone is so inclined you can make a spellcraft check to ID the spells cast.


Everything at the party seems normal, nothing suspicious or out of the ordinary seems to happen. and then suddenly two winged monsters burst in from the large decorative stained glass window at the front of the chamber.  OOC: knowledge nature check to ID the monsters The human who had been moving around the perimeter acts first. he immediately draw two ornate pistols and fires both shots strike one of the flying creatures. The man who had gone over to observe the minstrel draws a sword and shield then moves over to place himself in front of the queen. The man who had been observing the dancers starts casting a spell a blast of flame leaps out from his hands and hits the other flying monster and then arcs and strikes the first one (the one that has been shot). Meanwhile the one that everyone lost track of is still unaccounted for. The crowd starts panicking and runs away from the monsters towards the other end of the chamber. The band stops playing and the two other guards next to the queen draw their weapons and take protective stances near her.

The man who had shot one of the flying monstersdrops his pistols draws a rapier and a kukri and then casts a spell...But nothing happens. The two flying monsters dive onto the man who had just hurled fire at them. They unleash savage attacks, but most of them seem to rebound off of a invisible field of force. But several do connect and one in particular is especially grievous OOC: crit. their combined attacks bring him down. He falls to the floor a bloody torn up mess. The warrior with the sword and shield who had placed himself in front of the queen is enraged and charges the two flying creatures who had just brought down his comrade. With a powerful lunge he stabs his longsword through the dark grey hardened hide of one of the flying monsters. The tip of his blade protruding from it's back. The monster falls.

As soon as The leaves the queens side, two of the guests charge at the queen. The man who had disappeared now suddenly appears, dropping from the ceiling, he lashes out at one of the charging guests with his fists wreathed in flame. both connect and with viscous force he knocks the would be assailant to the ground unconscious. The second one is intercepted by one of the guards. who moves into his way blocking his path. He is struck by a dagger. The second guard takes his sword and stabs the queen. She screams in pain and falls from her throne as she does so The man who had shot one of the gargoyles earlier also screams in pain. AS if he had been struck too. The guard is surprised the queen did not immediately die. OOC: they actaully got kinda lucky here. Shield other literally saved the day or queen

The human who had just screamed moves and attacks the remaining flying creature with both weapons landing glancing blows. The remaining flying creature unleashes a flurry of attacks on the man with the sword and shield, but every attack is seemingly turned by his shield. He also attacks the last flying monster. As his attack lands a brief flash of light engulfs the man who had fallen. He does not raise, but no longer seems to be bleeding out. The man who had disappeared moves fast, rushing past the assailant dressed as a guest, taking a slash with a dagger as he does so. He grabs the guard who had stabbed the queen, knocks him off balance and then hurls him a good 15 feet. He lands hard on the stone floor the guests around him scramble away giving him a wide berth. The other guard and the remaining guest disguised assailant continue to trade blows as the guard who was thrown stands up and makes his way back towards the queen.

The first man engaging the flying creature attacks it once again. his rapier slides of it's stone like skin, but his kukri catches it hard in the throat killing it. The man with the shield charges the fake guard and attacks. His blow lands, but is light. The man who had just thrown the fake guard stands by the queen and guards her. The real guard and the fake guest exchange blows yet again. the guard with his armor and heavier weapon seemingly winning the trade, but then he stumbles and looks a little wobbly. the fake guard lashes out at the man with the shield, but misses.

The man who had killed the last flying creature moves forward to engage the fake guard, flanking him with the man with the shield. The man with the shield attacks landing a heavy blow this time. The man who had hurled the fake guard moves over to the fake guest and hurls him as well tossing him into the fake guard. causing both to spill to the ground. the fake guest does not get up. the fake guard does and makes a desperate rush for the queen, but the combined attacks he suffers as he tries to rush past everyone drops him.

"TEAM NOVA SPERA HAS SAVED THE QUEEN AND EARNS 75 VICTORY POINTS!"

team nova spera grabs their unconscious man and carries him back up to their box. The wheels spin once more and this time Team Thryka is selected.

Once they make their way into the center of the arena the mayor calls out "TEAM THRYKA MUST RETRIEVE THE BASILISKS EYE!" suddenly team Thryka finds themselves deep inside some ancient ruin. Far off high up on a wall is some sort of broken statue carved out of the stone inside the center or it is a huge gem fashioned like an eye. It is dark, although the audience can see you are sure that as of now Team thryka can't unless they have darkvision.

OOC more coming later
Mr. Main
 GM, 1145 posts
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 01:54
Re: Festival Day 3
The woman in the group has a staff with a crystal on top of it. the very first thing she does is tap it on the ground. It suddenly produces bright light allowing them all to see. The gnome in the party the takes out what looks like an odd looking gun, loads a large ball into hit and then fires it up. What looks like a small ball of flame flies up and once it nears the ceiling it explodes in a bright flash of light and stays there shining light down onto the area.

 They take a moment to look over their surroundings. To reach the wall with the huge gem in it that is shaped like an eye, they must first walk out of a large open area filled with ruined pillars, piles of rubble, various debris from shattered objects. The must then walk across a 15 foot wide 50 foot long stone bridge that spans a chasm, climb some crumbling stairs up to a platform that at some time must of been a temple or some other kind of large building but is now a mostly empty crumbled ruin with not even much in the way of walls left. Finally they would have to climb the wall and pull out the Eye. A young human male looks like he is about to take a step forward when the gnome stops him. The gnome pulls something that looks like a fine dust of powder out of his pocket and  blows on it. the small particles of dust begin to shine and fly out of his hand. they immediately start to stick to something and soon it is revealed that they are in the middle of what looks like a field of huge spiderwebs.

 They seem to talk to each other for a bit and then the young human gets impatient, pulls out a vial and then tosses it. It strikes the ground and explodes into flame. The webbing catches fire and then it quickly spreads. Burning the webs right up but also dealing the group caught in the center some damage, but not much.  The group glares at him, but he just shrugs. They start to move and then suddenly dark shapes begin to drop from above as well as rise out of the rubble. Then there is a rumbling. the group turns and then sees a spider almost the size of a house rise up out of the rubble displacing a decent amount of it as the spider stands up. The woman in the group smacks the young man in the back of the head.

OOC: more coming. feel free to comment on the last one and this one as I continue to get these things organized to finish posting
Dustil Kraye
 player, 813 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 06:27
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil watched the next match, saving the queen. He frowned when one of the team members disappeared. He narrowed his eyes and looked around a bit, but was quickly distracted by the other members spellcasting. Then the monsters busted in and things got a little confusing. Some of the guards and civilians turned on the queen as well. When the queen was stabbed, Dustil thought it was over but the team had been a bit clever. He watched them win but get pretty bloody.

The next team started in darkness and Dustil watched as they sort of worked together to get things started but then things fall apart and the one guy hurt his team and the webs. Unsurprisingly, spiders showed up. Surprisingly, one was REALLY HUGE! Dustil's eyes widened at the size of thing and shook his head but kept his silence.
Morien
 player, 574 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 07:46
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien watched the next two scenarios carefully. He hoped that, when the time came, their scenario would not be one of guarding.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1146 posts
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 18:45
Re: Festival Day 3
The young man smacked is the first to take action. He draws a pistol and a rapier. He moves away from the group, to within 30 feet of the nearest spider and fires the pistol at one of the giant, but much smaller then the GIANT, spiders. His shot lands and seems to hurt the spider, but doesn't kill it. The gnome acts next. He fiddles with some stuff in a little pack he wears around his waist and then chucks some small object out at a large, but not the large, spider. It hits the spider and explodes covering the spider in glue and locking it in place. Aden's acquaintance moves forward staying near the gnome and casts some sort of spell. The woman in the group gestures and a small ball of forms in front of her and then streaks out at one of the spiders. Zapping it and sending it flying backward into a pillar. The force of striking the pillar causes the spider to be rended open. it falls to the ground twitching and oozing ichor, but soon stops. She then moves to stand about 15 feet from the gnome. The last member of the group follows her taking up what looks like a defensive stance with his Ranseur. Ready to attack any spiders that come near.

 The HUGE spider moves forward, proving to be much faster and more nimble than a creature that huge should be. It doesn't quite reach the group, but as it stops it sprays out a large web trying to entangle the lone man with the gun and rapier. The spider seems to just barely miss, the web coating the ground nearby. The spider that man shot rushes up to him and attacks. distarcted as he is by avoiding the large web that was flung at him he had not noticed the smaller spider's approach. it bites his leg and pumps venom into him. It does not seem to have any immediate effect. The spider that is trapped in glue struggles, but can't free itself. The last two of the smaller spider charge towards those nearest to them and seem like the easiest prey. One after the woman and the second after the gnome. The one that goes after Emma is intercepted by the Ranseur of the man who moved to protect her. His weapon stabs right through the giant vermin pinning it in place as it struggles and finally dies. once it stops moving the warrior withdraws his weapon. The other spider rushes up to the gnome and attempts to bite him but misses.

The man with the pistol and rapier stabs his sword into the spider that moved up onto him. Though wounded the spider still seems to be able to fight. The gnome takes a quick step back so it is out of reach and then hurls another small object. this time at the Huge spider. It explodes blackening a section of it's hide but otherwise it seems unharmed. Aden's acquaintance steps forward, his hand wreathed in black energy, and punches the spider that had just attacked the gnome. AS his punch lands there is a brief burst of frost. The punch is so powerful that it looks like the spider literally bursts. The woman sends out another small ball of lightning this one aimed at the huge spider. it strikes zapping it, but unlike the last one, this one is not knocked backward. The human who was guarding her moves forward and engages the giant spider. It bites him as he moves in, pumping poison into his system, but he does not seem effected at the moment. He returns the favor by stabbing his ransuer into the vile critter. But the attack only seems to make it angrier. The spider that is glued down continues to struggle to escape and fails. the one fighting the young man with the rapier and pistol misses. and the Huge spider attacks the young man who just stabbed it. Nearly bitting his arm off. He staggers back, dropping his ransuer because of his now useless arm.

The young man with the rapier stabs the spider he has been fighting and finally kills it. He moves closer to the group, making sure to be within 30 feet of the huge spider and draws another pistol. The gnome moves off to the side and hurls another bomb at the huge spider, making sure his wounded ally won't be in the blast radius. Aden's acquaintance stays where he is and seemingly punches air. But as he punches a large rock is suddenly hurled from the ground at the giant spider. the rock glows with an unearthly black light and as it strikes once more you see a small burst of frost. The rock punches a hole deep into the huge spider. It thrashes about wildly before it crashes violently to the ground. The group stops and tends to their wounds. drinking from some vials and trying to patch up the young warriors wounded arm.

 They then make their way to the bridge and start crossing it. Aden's acquaintance and the young man with the pistol and rapier first, while the gnome, the woman and the young man with the wounded arm last. As the two in front near the end and the three in the rear reach the middle dark forms drop from the ceiling.  They attempt to grab onto the three crossing in the middle, but just barely miss. Before they can strike again the three attacked hurry over to the other side outside of the weird dangling black octopus like creatures.

The walk up the crumbling stairs in uneventful. They walk all the way to the rear wall with the Gem in it. They start to discuss something. After a little while The woman gestures and the man with the rapier and pistol starts to rise up into the air. He puts his weapons away and draws a dagger. As soon as he reaches the Gem he shoves his dagger into what looks like a small crevice around it in order to pry it out. Suddenly there is a loud almost deafening roar and the wall starts to rumble and shake. The group backs up away from the wall and as the young man with the dagger is lowered to the ground. the group backs away at least 50 feet from the wall and then finally a form burst out of the wall. It is a massive Eight legged lizard like creature with a single large eye. The gem they had been seeking. It roars in rage and looks intent on destroying the group.

aden's Acquaintance acts first. He casts a spell and suddenly the creature's head is enveloped in darkness. The gnome acts next. hurling another bomb into the area the creature is standing. The man who had tried to pry the eye free grabs something out of his pack and thn moves a little closer. The woman moves closer and with a gesture fires what looks like ten thousand little filaments and shards of glass of crystal at the creature. The man with the ruined arm draws what looks like a short-sword and edges closer. Obviously not quite sure what he can do. The beast thrashes about with it's claws and tail. Although it's head is covered in darkness it still seems to be able to see those attacking it. Aden's acquaintance manages to avoid the creatures bite, the gnome avoids a claw, but the woman is not so lucky and the man who had tried to pry it's eye out gets slapped by it's tail and is sent flying backwards onto his ass.

Aden's acquaintance casts a spell and his hand is wreathed in dark energy. The gnome tosses in another bomb and the woman sends in another blast of crystal shards. The man knocked on his ass gets up and then hurls a small black round ball at the beast. It explodes when it strikes the ground. The young man with the wounded arm moves closer but does not engage it seems he can't do much at the moment with his wounded arm. The creature lases out once more. this time it manages to bite Aden's acquaintance, is slashes the gnome with a claw, the young man with the wounded arm gets slashed with another claw and the woman get's whacked by the tail and sent flying.

Aden's acquaintance attacks the beast back, once more punching air and having a rock suddenly fly out at the beast. unfortunately it is to dark inside the area of darkness for anyone to tell if it hit. The gnome hurls yet another bomb. The woman gets up and hangs back. apparently waiting. the young man with the wounded arm does not attack unsure if he could even hit the beast if he closed in with it once he was inside that area of darkness. the young man who had tried to pry out the eye draws a pistol and fires. again because of the darkness no one can tell if the attack landed. The beast lashes out once more. two claws slash out at aden's acquaintance, both connecting and tearing flesh he stumbles a bit, but manages to stay on his feet. The beast bites the gnome and then swallows him whole and then it slams it's tail into the man with the wounded arm. sending him flying.

ADen's acquaintance drinks a potion of some kind. The gnome is swallowed and can't be seen anymore. he could be dead. The woman draws a crossbow and fires at the beast. No one can tell if the shot lands or not. The man who had tried to pry out it's eye draws another pistol and fires. again no one can tell if the shot lands. The young man with the wounded arm gets up and slowly makes his way towards the beast. The beast takes a step forward. it tries to slam it's tail into aden's acquaintance but misses. one claw slashes the young man with the wounded arm, another slashes the one who tried to pry out it's eye and it bites the woman. She crumbles to the ground.

aden's acquaintance pulls out a vial and tosses it. it explodes into fire scorching the beast a little. The man with the wounded arm backs off and stands over the woman's body trying to protect it. the man who had tried to pry out the eye draws a third pistol and fires but no one knows if it had any effect. The beast looks like it is gettign ready to finish off the group when suddenly it lets out an odd scream. The gnome tumbles out of the darkness and into view. Covered in slime gore and who knows what else. A few seconds later there is an explosion and the beast roars in pain, shudders and then falls. Aden's acquaintance ends the darkness and the man who had tried to pry the eye out earlier walks over and cuts it out as the gnome heads to the fallen woman and starts treating her wounds. The young man holds the eye up into the sky once he has it out. then everything vanishes and the arena returns to normal.

"TEAM THRYKA HAS RETRIEVED THE BASILISKS EYE! AND HAS EARNED 75 VICTORY POINTS!" The Mayor calls out. Team Thryka leaves the sands of the arena and returns to their box to immense cheers. Once they are all back in their box the wheels start spinning once again.

This time It is Team Arcadia's turn. Tio motions for you all to head down into the arena.
Morien
 player, 575 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 14 Dec 2015
at 06:29
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien watched Team Thryka's fight with an unusual amount of interest, even removing his helm for a better view.

 However, when the fight is over and Team Arcadia is called, he put it back on and made his way out into the arena.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 814 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 14 Dec 2015
at 17:37
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil was entranced by the fight with the lizard. It was intense and he was leaning over the railing a bit as he watched. He wasn't sure who to root for more. When it ended he let out a cheer along with the rest of the crowd. "Now THAT looked like a good fight!"

He took a drink from his flash and nodded when they called at least. "Awright, team. Let's DO this!" He grinned widely and made his way to their starting position, wondering what was going to be in store for them.
Aden Bero
 player, 977 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 14 Dec 2015
at 19:47
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden studied the tactics of all the teams, but especially those of Thryka and Adrian Mvashti.  He grimaced at their success.

When it was their turn to head out, Aden used Dustil's wand of Mage armor to augment the monk's defenses.  He returned the wand to Dustil.

The oracle waved to their fans as they headed down to the arena.  It was go time.

Ooc: Umd Check 31

This message was last edited by the player at 19:49, Mon 14 Dec 2015.

Yanyeeku
 player, 188 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Tue 15 Dec 2015
at 01:35
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeku had silently watched the events, not offering commentary. Their successes were problematic, but this scenario wasn't really a good place to analyze strategy. If strategy became an issue, it'd be in an arena fight. Nevertheless, he did watch spells cast; knowing what some spellcasters could use was always appropriate.

As their team was called up at last, he suppressed feelings of nervousness as he moved down with team Arcadia. Who knows what their challenge will be.
Safia
 player, 124 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Wed 16 Dec 2015
at 00:41
Re: Festival Day 3

Though Safia paid attention to how each team dealt with the obstacles thrown their way, she knew it would only help her own team’s strategy if they faced the same or similar situations. A good deal of magic had been used by the previous teams, all of which was interesting to watch, but it had been more fascinating to watch those who had managed on their own pluck. The resilience, determination, and apparent luck of the gnome gave her cause to smile. She was glad he hadn’t been digested by the lizard.

In the face of Dustil’s exuberance and grin, her smile widened, and as they moved toward the arena, she mirrored Aden’s wave to the crowd. It seemed the thing to do.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1147 posts
Thu 17 Dec 2015
at 22:36
Re: Festival Day 3
Team Arcadia marches out onto the sands and when they are standing in the center of the Arena The Mayor Starts to speak once again "TEAM ARCADIA MUST DEFEAT THE RELENTLESS AND RUTHLESS MA'NDO WAR-REAVER!" as soon as the mayor has finished speaking the area around you shifts. it is less dramatic to you now that you are standing in the arena then when it was while looking down on it from team Arcadia's box. For a second it looks like the world is a mirage. It becomes all wavy and blurry almost like heat haze. When it stops you can no longer see the audience. You find yourselves in an open section of what looks like an ancient destroyed town or city. All around you are the tragic remains of some poor civilization the Ma'ndo must of conquered or destroyed; scorched crumbling piles of rocks, sections of scattered stone pillars, disintergrating skeletal remains and various of debris that were once weapon, armor, tools and other such artifacts I mean that in the archaeological sense not the DnD magic item sense. You guys feel the earth rumbling and hear odd noises. You see the earth not so far away suddenly open up like a trap door and what almost looks like some sort of odd Golem rise up out of it on a metal platform. Right now it looks dormant, like some sort of odd suit of armor on display. It's eyes flash red and it goes from looking hunched over to standing fully up right. It turns to face you and is now obviously fully operational.

OOC: Roll Initiative everyone. You guys got the most straight forward of the challenges, but that doesn't make it the easiest. this is going to be a lot of fun. Well for me at least.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 815 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 17 Dec 2015
at 23:11
Re: Festival Day 3
As they entered the arena and were watching the shimmering of the illusions, Dustil looked around with wonder. He looked around once the arena was gone and replaced by the ruins. "that doesn't sound good, but it sounds fun." He grinned widely, the alcohol in him, and he cracked his knuckles.

The golem-like thing made his eyes widen a bit and chuckle as he stepped in front of Aden and Yanyeeku and crouched down slightly, the shadows shifting around him. "Do we have a plan other than beat it til it stops movin'? Hahaha!"

OOC: Mage Armor spell active.
16:06, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 15 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:15, Thu 17 Dec 2015.

Yanyeeku
 player, 189 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Fri 18 Dec 2015
at 00:31
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku frowned as he heard the name of what they would be facing, casting his mind back to what he had read and learned in the past, attempting to see if he could remember what it was. As the golem revealed itself, he took a step back, holding up his fan defensively as his eyes narrowed; he examined the golem closely, looking for weaknesses. "Careful. This challenge should be on par with the others. Given the lack of complexity, I daresay this will be a very difficult fight."

16:28, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 14 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.
Standard Action (if permitted) - Lore Master on Man'Do War Reaver: Knowledge check total of 28. 30 if Arcana. In theory he could have been doing it as soon as he heard the name of the foe.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 232 posts
Fri 18 Dec 2015
at 01:42
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Yanyeeku (msg # 59):

Drazgar slips into a aggressive combat stance.


Initative: 10
Aden Bero
 player, 980 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Fri 18 Dec 2015
at 03:55
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden smiled, idly wondering if he could convince this thing to unlock additional views on his Mando visor. Armed with crossbow and buckler, he waited for it to start. "Yanyeeku, know anything about this things strengths and weaknesses?"

21:47, Today: Aden Bero rolled 7 using 1d20+4.  initiative.
Morien
 player, 576 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 19 Dec 2015
at 09:48
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien's body swirls with shadow as he places his hand on his chest. A crimson aura surrounds him as he draws his sword. "I am at a disadvantage here. Most of my powers will only be half as effective on a creature such as this... instead, let me try to keep it's attention and help flank with the rest of you."

OOC: Child of Shadow stance, +16 temp hp (False Life).