Festival Day 3.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Yanyeeku
 player, 202 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Tue 29 Dec 2015
at 19:08
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku let out a pained groan as he clutched his head, barely focusing enough to send the glowing fan slicing towards the war reaver once more. His eyes, however, took on a reddish tinge as he cluthced his head again, letting out a whining sound; his tail lashed once more at Safia, this time with much more deadly accuracy! His song continued nevertheless, but it seemed to be that he was struggling to keep it going with whatever was affecting him.

OOC: Sorry Safia. :(

Fan attack: 21 vs War Reaver AC
Damage: 7 Slashing (forgot bardsong)
Tail attack: 27 vs Safia AC
Damage: 9 Bludgeoning.

Aden Bero
 player, 992 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Tue 29 Dec 2015
at 19:08
Re: Festival Day 3
Round 4

Having moved closer, Aden gives a quick look at the war machine to assess the impact his allies are having on it.....perception 10

Will post rest of turn following DM feedback


Although it looked like the party had done some damage, Aden couldn't tell if it was severe or cosmetic (other than Safia's disabling attack).  He moved back into the fog, and readied a shot should the missile port open up again.

Move: Back into fog, total concealment.
Standard: Ready attack if missile port opens, shooting bolt directly at port.
Hero Point: additional +8 to crossbow attack when missile port opens, +2 to attack since attacking from total concealment vs. war reaver's flat-footed AC.
36 attack vs. flat foot, 8 damage
Swift action: Reload
2 hero points remaining

This message was last edited by the player at 17:07, Sat 02 Jan 2016.

Safia
 player, 132 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 07:28
Re: Festival Day 3

A tail lashed out, momentarily derailing Safia’s concentration as it smacked into her like a fist to the gut. She doubled over with a grunt of pain, though it was likely drowned out by Yanyeeku’s groans and song. He was hurting too, she was certain of it. Safia knew he wouldn’t have hurt her if he could help it.

Drawing upon a breath to refocus, Safia righted and re-lifted her bow. She was determined to disable the hunk of metal with a well-placed arrow. At least, that was her hope. While her eyes sought out a target that would sting, she quickly searched her knowledge base to determine the construct’s weak spots. Once she settled her eye on a target, she let her arrow fly.

And then she turned to Yan to see if she could help him.

~

OOC: HP 32/41
Morien
 player, 586 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 14:22
Re: Festival Day 3
 Having interposed himself between the war reaver and Aden, Morien flourishes with his sword, refocusing his energy to the task ahead.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1163 posts
Fri 1 Jan 2016
at 21:14
Re: Festival Day 3
Round 4 summary

Ma'ndo War-Reaver: 18
Dustil: 15
Yanyeeku: 14
Safia: 13
Draz'gar: 10
Aden:     7
Morien: 5 



The War-Reaver takes a step back away from both dustil and draz'gar. It raises both arms and the fists of both arms are retracted inside and what looks like odd rifle barrels pop out. "Die Meat-bags." The barrels erupting, emiting a bright stuttering flame as a deafening staccato of gunfire washes out all other sounds. attacks 24, 23, 18, 19 vs dustil 24 and 23 hits. damage 12. Attacks 20 and 22 vs draz'gar. Both hit. Damage 11 It then turns and points it's right arm at aden. A small tube pops up and out from it flies a tiny dart. attack vs aden 22 It seems like it is about to strike aden, when suddenly Morien pulls aden to the side as he steps up in front of the Oracle. The dart bounces off of Morien's full-plate and then falls into the sand. A brief burst of electricity sparks and then stops.

Dustil raised his arms quickly in a defensive manner as the creature stepped back and began blasting him. It didn't help that much as he was pelted several times, and more blood started pouring from him, in addition to the many other wounds he already was sporting.

He shook his head, trying to clear the ringing from it, from the echoes of the blasts. He took a step back towards the creature and unleashed his fury one last time, the glow surrounding him and especially his fists as he focused his inner power, letting out a loud yell as he did so. OOC: attacks 21, 23, 14 and 21 vs reaver ac. 21, 23 and 21 hit. Damange 55, 12 eletric.

Yanyeeku let out a pained groan as he clutched his head, barely focusing enough to send the glowing fan slicing towards the war reaver once more. His eyes, however, took on a reddish tinge as he cluthced his head again, letting out a whining sound; his tail lashed once more at Safia, this time with much more deadly accuracy! His song continued nevertheless, but it seemed to be that he was struggling to keep it going with whatever was affecting him. attack 21 vs reaver is a hit damage 7. attack 27 vs safia is a hit damage 9


A tail lashed out, momentarily derailing Safia’s concentration as it smacked into her like a fist to the gut. She doubled over with a grunt of pain, though it was likely drowned out by Yanyeeku’s groans and song. He was hurting too, she was certain of it. Safia knew he wouldn’t have hurt her if he could help it.

Drawing upon a breath to refocus, Safia righted and re-lifted her bow. She was determined to disable the hunk of metal with a well-placed arrow. At least, that was her hope. While her eyes sought out a target that would sting, she quickly searched her knowledge base to determine the construct’s weak spots. Once she settled her eye on a target, she waited for the most opportune moment and then let her arrow fly. Knowledge engineering check 17 is a success. attack 28 vs war reaver weak spot is a hit. Destroyed arm elbow actuator motor. left arm disabled. And it flew true and struck home. Right at the forearm and upper arm armor plating. Stabbing into the mechanism that allowed the lower part of left arm to be moved and destroyed it. Fixing that arm in place aiming it at the ground rendering it all but useless.

And then she turned to Yan to see if she could help him.

Draz'gar, spilling his drops blood all over the ground, raises his blade in a swing splattering the blood in a crescent; remininscent of the moon phase. attack 22 is a hit. damage 15

 Having interposed himself between the war reaver and Aden, Morien flourishes with his sword, refocusing his energy to the task ahead.

Having moved closer, Aden gives a quick look at the war machine to assess the impact his allies are having on it..... took me a while to answer because I was busy. Will update once I have aden's action moving on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 5

"Updating threat assesment. Critical damage. Fighting ability lowered. Repairs needed. Requesting authorization to switch from Patrol protocol to Assault...Communications Fail. Instituting Field Initiative AI. Self Authorization granted. Switching to Assault protocol. Once more the war-reaver activates his jets and a powerful blast of air washes over those next to the War-Reaver. CMB attack 30 vs CMD. it forces everyone adjacent to it five feet backwards and then it suddenly takes to the air.  It's missile pod bays open and fires another barrage of those deadly projectiles. This time however it fires 6 instead of just three. A missile for each of the combatants it is fighting. Aden however had been patiently waiting for this attack and he was prepared. From inside his fog cloud he fires a bolt attack 36 vs missile port is a success. Hit's missile damage 8, detonates missile. war-reaver takes 12 fire and 13 bludgeoning damage and in a shot worthy of the Ace sharp-shooter red the bolt flies straight at one of the ports and strikes one of the missiles as it comes out. detonating it. attack vs fort on other missiles 8 is a fail. The other five missiles do not explode. Out of the flames the other five missiles streak out at their targets. ooc: random roll determined you blew up the missile heading for morien.  attack vs fort vs missile pod 20. success. Missile pod is destroyed the missile pod itself now resembles random chunks of metallic debris held together by sparking wires.

  attacks VS AC 30 vs dustil 12 damage, 23 vs aden 14 damage, 25 vs safia 11 damage, 12 vs draz'gar, 12 vs yanyeeku. Attacks vs reflex 21 vs dustil 10 fire 12 bludgeoning, 21 vs safia 15 fire 10 bludgeoning, 30 vs yaneeku 8 fire 12 bludgeoning, 23 vs aden 12 fire 15 bludgeoning, 21 vs draz'gar 10 fire 10 bludgeoning.  Just after the explosion and within the wreckage of the missilepod everyone can see a flash of light which is quickly followed by a flash and the roar of an explosion. attack vs fort vs last of missile ammo 22 is a success. ammo explodes. The war-reaver jerks in the sky as the explosion rocks it. Sending bits of it's armor along with a large bit of the left shoulder flying. It locks it's glowing eyes on aden and moves to be over aden. It hovers for a second or two before it comes crashing down to the ground attempting to smash aden to bits like it had Dustil. attack vs aden reflex 17 is a miss The Oracle manages to just barely avoid being crushed beneath the war-reaver as is drops from the sky. If the missile knocks you out it'll choose another target, but if not it will try and crush you.

OOC: ok the war-reaver is heavily damaged, the other missiles were not detonated by the explosion, so they do streak out at their targets. Resolve your reactions and then post your actions for the round.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:49, Sat 02 Jan 2016.

Aden Bero
 player, 997 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sat 2 Jan 2016
at 01:06
Re: Festival Day 3
moved this post to my post above

This message was last edited by the player at 17:08, Sat 02 Jan 2016.

Yanyeeku
 player, 203 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Sat 2 Jan 2016
at 01:59
Re: Festival Day 3
As the missiles flew toward Safia and Yanyeeku, the bard suddenly froze, his eyes glaring directly at the projectiles as they turned to him.

"No." His held up his fan, then brought it down as it flashed with magical energy. A severe gust of air was sent toward the missiles as they flew towards the pair, deflecting them entirely. The wailing elegy continued, although it now had a tone of anger to it.

OOC: Hero point spent - Take turn NOW.
Set initiative to 19.
Standard action: Activate Fan. Cast Gust of Wind to deflect missiles flying toward Safia and Yanyeeku.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:02, Sat 02 Jan 2016.

Aden Bero
 player, 999 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sat 2 Jan 2016
at 04:09
Re: Festival Day 3
Round 6

Still up after missile damage. The missile hits Aden in the side, spinning him from his feet and knocking the wind out of him. -14hp It impacts on the ground and explodes beneath him. Most of the fire damage is absorbed harmlessly -2hp, but the concussion of the blast rocks him, -15hp. Somehow the oracle managed a feat of acrobatics to twist and land on his feet, battered but conscious.

And then the oracle somehow had enough presence of situation to dive out of the way of the War Reaver as it tried to crash down on him, coming once again to his feat.

The flames from the missile had probably burned off some of the fog, but at that moment most likely only the audience and the War Reaver could have seen the unnatural fire burning in his wild eyes. 

Waiting on current ally status to decide move.

Current HP: 10/51
SPELLS PER DAY
0: U
1: 7,6
2: 6
3: 4,3

This message was last edited by the player at 06:26, Thu 07 Jan 2016.

Morien
 player, 587 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 2 Jan 2016
at 07:19
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien stands his ground as the war reaver comes crashing down and Aden dodges out of the way. Now the thing was within range. With a newly focused energy, he moves into one of his more familiar techniques.

 His body pulses crimson and his blade freezes over as he creates an illusion of himself attacking from both above and below in a scissor-like attack.

01:19, Today: Morien rolled 9 using 1d6+6.  cold damage.

01:18, Today: Morien rolled 22 using 2d8+9.  sword damage.

01:17, Today: Morien rolled 12 using 1d20+9.  attack roll 2.

01:17, Today: Morien rolled 21 using 1d20+9.  attack roll 1.

08:14, Today: Morien rolled 76 using 1d100.  concealment.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:14, Mon 04 Jan 2016.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 831 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 2 Jan 2016
at 22:51
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil wasn't sure he could survive another missile and explosion like last time, so pushed himself and his luck more and swatted the missile away from him before it exploded but too late. It was like time slowed down for a moment...he moved his hand towards the missile as he watched out of the corner of his eyes to see Aden fired at the War-Reaver., Yan saved himself and Safia, and then Aden barely got out of the way of the thing as it tried to crush him.

Things needed to end soon or the team would lose. He grit his teeth and decided to pull out the stops more. He made a few gestures and changed his stance. The shadows that have been shifting around him seemed to surge forward and engulfed him as he disappeared from sight. He suddenly reappeared in mid-attack with a mighty bellow of a martial arts war cry, a crackling ball of energy framed in his hands as he shoved it at the War-Reaver. The ball seemed like it was going to miss, but Dustil pushed past his limits a bit more to correct his strike's aim and barely hit the thing.

OOC
AC 22.
2 Hit Points remaining.
12 damage from the missile smacking him, ouch, but no damage from missile explosion missed his Reflex defense with Evasion.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:39, Thu 07 Jan 2016.

Safia
 player, 134 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 3 Jan 2016
at 02:29
Re: Festival Day 3
Reaction

Blue eyes watched only long enough to confirm her disabling shot, before she turned to aid Yanyeeku. But in that split moment, she caught sight of the missiles directed their way, and Safia watched, lips curving in a smile of pride for her orange, furry friend as Yanyeeku deflected the threat.

"Thanks, Yan!" She called out through his wailing. Safia let the anger in Yanyeeku’s song resonate within her, merging with her own purpose-driven fury. The giant missile-slinger had hurt her teammates enough! It was time to bring the hunk of junk down!

Round 5

If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. A motto she adhered to at the moment. Even though she itched for the satisfaction of smashing their enemy with her mace, Safia repeated her previous action. She nocked a third arrow in her bow, settled her eye on a determined weak spot in the construct’s build, and at the most opportune moment she released her shot.




Knowledge Engineering: 17 (to determine the best spot to shoot her arrow for disabling effect)
Longbow Attack: 26
OOC: HP 12/41

This message was last edited by the player at 03:17, Thu 07 Jan 2016.

Aden Bero
 player, 1001 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 3 Jan 2016
at 02:50
Re: Festival Day 3
Round 6 continued

Aden uses his acrobatics to parcour up to the War Reaver's mangled left shoulder and blasts a cone of flame into the interior of the machine.

Move: Acrobatics onto war reaver, 24, hero point to increase +4 to 28. 1 hero point remains
Standard: Cast defensively, 18 concentration, burning hands into exposed shoulder armor. magic fire attack 28 vs war reaver reflex defense. 11 fire damage.

Current HP: 10/51
SPELLS PER DAY
0: U
1: 7obs.mist.,6burnhand,5
2: 6
3: 4csw,3
Hero Points: 1

This message was last edited by the player at 06:28, Thu 07 Jan 2016.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1165 posts
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 02:41
Re: Festival Day 3
Round 5 summary

Aden: 19
Yanyeeku: 19
Ma'ndo War-Reaver: 18
Dustil: 15
Safia: 13
Draz'gar: 10
Morien: 5 


"Updating threat assesment. Critical damage. Fighting ability lowered. Repairs needed. Requesting authorization to switch from Patrol protocol to Assault...Communications Fail. Instituting Field Initiative AI. Self Authorization granted. Switching to Assault protocol. Once more the war-reaver activates his jets and a powerful blast of air washes over those next to the War-Reaver. CMB attack 30 vs CMD. it forces everyone adjacent to it five feet backwards and then it suddenly takes to the air.  It's missile pod bays open and fires another barrage of those deadly projectiles. This time however it fires 6 instead of just three. A missile for each of the combatants it is fighting.

Aden however had been patiently waiting for this attack and he was prepared. From inside his fog cloud he fires a bolt attack 36 vs missile port is a success. Hit's missile damage 8, detonates missile. war-reaver takes 12 fire and 13 bludgeoning damage and in a shot worthy of the Ace sharp-shooter red the bolt flies straight at one of the ports and strikes one of the missiles as it comes out. detonating it. attack vs fort on other missiles 8 is a fail. The other five missiles do not explode. Out of the flames the other five missiles streak out at their targets. ooc: random roll determined you blew up the missile heading for morien.  attack vs fort vs missile pod 20. success. Missile pod is destroyed the missile pod itself now resembles random chunks of metallic debris held together by sparking wires. Aden acted out of turn. his initiative is now 19

  attacks VS AC 30 vs dustil 12 damage, 23 vs aden 14 damage, 12 vs draz'gar. Attacks vs reflex 21 vs dustil 10 fire 12 bludgeoning, 23 vs aden 12 fire 15 bludgeoning, 21 vs draz'gar 10 fire 10 bludgeoning.  Just after the explosion and within the wreckage of the missile pod everyone can see a flash of light which is quickly followed by a flash and the roar of an explosion. attack vs fort vs last of missile ammo 22 is a success. ammo explodes. The war-reaver jerks in the sky as the explosion rocks it. Sending bits of it's armor along with a large bit of the left shoulder flying. It locks it's glowing eyes on aden and moves to be over aden. It hovers for a second or two before it comes crashing down to the ground attempting to smash aden to bits like it had Dustil. attack vs aden reflex 17 is a miss The Oracle manages to just barely avoid being crushed beneath the war-reaver as is drops from the sky.

As the missiles flew toward Safia and Yanyeeku, the bard suddenly froze, his eyes glaring directly at the projectiles as they turned to him.

"No." yanyeeku calls out. He held up his fan, then brought it down as it flashed with magical energy. A severe gust of air was sent toward the missiles as they flew towards the pair, deflecting them entirely. The wailing elegy continued, although it now had a tone of anger to it. yanyeeku acts out of turn and casts gust of wind deflecting the missiles heading for him and safia. his initiative is now 19 They veer off course and slam into one of the crumbling piles of debris. Annihilating it completely.

Dustil wasn't sure he could survive another missile and explosion like last time, so pushed himself and his luck more and swatted the missile away from him before it exploded. It was like time slowed down for a moment...he moved his hand towards the missile as he watched out of the corner of his eyes to see Aden fired at the War-Reaver., Yan saved himself and Safia, and then Aden barely got out of the way of the thing as it tried to crush him.

Things needed to end soon or the team would lose. He grit his teeth and decided to pull out the stops more. He made a few gestures and changed his stance. The shadows that have been shifting around him seemed to surge forward and engulfed him as he disappeared from sight. He suddenly reappeared in mid-attack with a mighty bellow of a martial arts war cry, a crackling ball of energy framed in his hands as he shoved it at the War-Reaver. The ball seemed like it was going to miss, but Dustil pushed past his limits a bit more to correct his strike's aim and barely hit the thing.   attack 17 is a hit vs war-reaver reduced ac from internal ammo explosion. damage 31. Seconardy attack vs fort no effect war-reaver immune to stunning. Secondary attack 23 vs cmd is a hit. Dustil punch packs a wallop and actually manages to send the war-reaver sliding 5 feet back.


Blue eyes watched only long enough to confirm her disabling shot, before she turned to aid Yanyeeku. But in that split moment, she caught sight of the missiles directed their way, and Safia watched, lips curving in a smile of pride for her orange, furry friend as Yanyeeku deflected the threat.

"Thanks, Yan!" She called out through his wailing. Safia let the anger in Yanyeeku’s song resonate within her, merging with her own purpose-driven fury. The giant missile-slinger had hurt her teammates enough! It was time to bring the hunk of junk down!

If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. A motto she adhered to at the moment. Even though she itched for the satisfaction of smashing their enemy with her mace, Safia repeated her previous action. She nocked a third arrow in her bow, settled her eye on a determined weak spot in the construct’s build, and at the most opportune moment she released her shot. Though aden's mist obscured her view she could see the occasional flashes of sparking from damaged internal components.

Engineering check 17 is a success. Safia now knows where to aim. Effectively reducing the 50% miss chance on the attack against the war-reaver inside the obscuring mist to 20%. perception check 15 is a success. She can see the flash she was looking for.
attack 26 vs war-reaver ac is a hit. miss chance 73, does not miss. damage 7



Draz'gar seems overwhelmed by the missile attack and doesn't move. perhaps he is out on his feet.

Morien, with his target now with in striking distance advances on the war-reaver, acrobatics check to avoid AoO 9. is a fail. without a thought to caution. war-reaver AoO 21 is a hit 12 damage Though the war-reavers massive arm slams down onto him morien ignores it and focuses on landing his own attack morien attack 21 vs war-reaver is a hit. damage 31

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Round 6

Aden 19
yanyeeku 19
War-reaver 18
Dustil 15
Safia 13
Draz'gar 10
Morien 5



Aden uses his acrobatics to parcour up to the War Reaver's mangled left shoulder and blasts a cone of flame into the interior of the machine.

Move: Acrobatics onto war reaver, 24, hero point to increase +4 to 28. 1 hero point remains
Standard: Cast defensively, 18 concentration, burning hands into exposed shoulder armor. magic fire attack 28 vs war reaver reflex defense. 11 fire damage.
Aden pours flame into the war-reavers interior. Acrid foul smelling murky smoke pours out of it's inside.

yanyeeku

"GRZZT-KRVVRT!" The War-Reaver cries unintelligibly. Obviously something vital has been struck with the last round of attacks. It takes a step back, swats at aden OOC: Slam attack vs aden 25 is a hit. damage 12 the blow sends the oracle spilling off the war-reaver and onto the ground. It then points it arm at dustil and morien and fires a shot at each attack 18 vs dustil is a miss. attack 16 vs morien is a miss But it's aim seems off with both it's shots going wide despite being well within point blank range.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:52, Thu 07 Jan 2016.

Morien
 player, 590 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 04:36
Re: Festival Day 3
 Ignoring the pain and the hail of bullets passing by him, Morien steps to the side, trying to line up with Aden and spins with a wide swing, his blade seeking something vital between the plates of its armor. The crimson aura surrounding him extending to the sword.


22:35, Today: Morien rolled 9 using 1d6+5.  healing.

22:34, Today: Morien rolled 17 using 2d8+7.  damage.

22:33, Today: Morien rolled 20 using 1d20+9.  attack. (22 if flanking works)


EDIT: if Aden is unconscious, I'll transfer the healing from the attack to him (total of 11) if it hits

This message was last edited by the player at 07:55, Thu 07 Jan 2016.

Yanyeeku
 player, 205 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 05:34
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku slung the glowing fan right towards War Reaver as it struggled the maintain functionality. Following that however, he let out a groan, clutching his head as his tail lashed at Safia again.

OOC:
Fan attack: 17 vs Reaver AC
Damage: 6 slashing
Tail attack: 15 vs Safia AC
Damage: 4 Bludgeoning

Aden Bero
 player, 1007 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 06:25
Re: Festival Day 3
12 damage has Aden unconscious on the ground. Worthy way to get knocked out, don't let it step on me.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 833 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 02:52
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil began to spin out of the way as the War Reaver stepped back and fired at him once more. The projectiles barely missed him. He kept the momentum of the spin as he took a step towards the thing and unleashed a flurry of blows on it one more time, but this time only the electricity crackled around him, there was no glow and he didn't seem to move as many times or as fast as the last few times.

5ft Step, then Flurry of Blows.
Hit AC 28 for 17 damage and 3 electrical.
Hit AC 25 for 14 Damage and 6 electrical.
Hit AC 25 for 12 damage and 1 electrical.

19:49, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 28,25,25 using d20+10,d20+10,d20+5.  Flurry of Blows w/Power Attack.
19:50, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 9 using 1d20+5.  Critical hit confirmation.
19:51, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 14,3,14,6,12,1 using d8+11,d6,d8+11,d6,d8+11,d6.  Flurry damage per attack.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:53, Fri 08 Jan 2016.

Safia
 player, 138 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sat 9 Jan 2016
at 01:48
Re: Festival Day 3

From Dustil’s fantastic fury of blows to Morien’s iced-steel determination; Drazgar’s bellicosity with a blade to Aden’s strategic focus in the fog and magnificent acrobatics, her teammates fought well despite their injuries and pain.

And then there was Yanyeeku, ever insightful; steady and strong in the face of insurmountable odds. He had foretold this would be a very difficult fight. By his continual groans, Safia knew that something unseen was taking a serious toll on her teammate with the frisky tail. She leaned away from the blur of orange, avoiding a second love-tap from the head-clutching Kitsune.

Something roiled up inside of her, a ball of fire in her gut that felt very much like rage. But it wasn’t directed at Yanyeeku. It was for him, as she watched him struggle against the unseen; and it was for Aden, as she watched him fall to the ground, and Dustil, as she saw how his energy lagged. Safia turned her wrath to their enemy, narrowing her eyes on the construct. Her longbow dropped to the ground, released from her grip as she drew her rapier and moved in to attack the odious obstruction with the fury of a Valkyrie.

Whether it was sheer determination or a final burst of adrenaline, her blade struck true, but sadly, her strength waned.

~


OOC:
Yan’s tail attack: Missed me, missed me, now ya gotta...uh, stop swinging that thing at me. :P

Attack/Rapier: 22 (or 23 w/Bracers)
Damage: 1 (or 2, w/flanking) still...so sad
Acrobatics to avoid AoO?: 22

This message was last edited by the player at 01:55, Sat 09 Jan 2016.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1167 posts
Sun 10 Jan 2016
at 03:00
Re: Festival Day 3
Round 6


Aden 19
yanyeeku 19
War-reaver 18
Dustil 15
Safia 13
Draz'gar 10
Morien 5



Aden uses his acrobatics to parcour up to the War Reaver's mangled left shoulder Acrobatics check 28 is a success and blasts a cone of flame into the interior of the machine. cast defensively 18 concentration is a success. damage 11 Acrid foul smelling murky smoke pours out of it's insides.

yanyeeku slung the glowing fan right towards War Reaver as it struggled the maintain functionality. attack 17 vs war-reaver ac is a hit. miss chance from concealment 39. does not miss. damage 6 Following that however, he let out a groan, clutching his head as his tail lashed at Safia again, but missed.


"GRZZT-KRVVRT!" The War-Reaver cries unintelligibly. Obviously something vital has been struck with the last round of attacks. It takes a step back, swats at aden OOC: Slam attack vs aden 25 is a hit. damage 12 the blow sends the oracle spilling off the war-reaver and onto the ground. It then points it arm at dustil and morien and fires a shot at each attack 18 vs dustil is a miss. attack 16 vs morien is a miss But it's aim seems off with both it's shots going wide despite being well within point blank range.

Dustil began to spin out of the way as the War Reaver stepped back and fired at him once more. The projectiles barely missed him. He kept the momentum of the spin as he took a step towards the thing and unleashed a flurry of blows on it one more time, but this time only the electricity crackled around him, there was no glow and he didn't seem to move as many times or as fast as the last few times. attacks 28, 28, 25 vs war-reaver ac hit. damage 43 + 10 electric


From Dustil’s fantastic fury of blows to Morien’s iced-steel determination; Drazgar’s bellicosity with a blade to Aden’s strategic focus in the fog and magnificent acrobatics, her teammates fought well despite their injuries and pain.

And then there was Yanyeeku, ever insightful; steady and strong in the face of insurmountable odds. He had foretold this would be a very difficult fight. By his continual groans, Safia knew that something unseen was taking a serious toll on her teammate with the frisky tail. She leaned away from the blur of orange, avoiding a second love-tap from the head-clutching Kitsune.

Something roiled up inside of her, a ball of fire in her gut that felt very much like rage. But it wasn’t directed at Yanyeeku. It was for him, as she watched him struggle against the unseen; and it was for Aden, as she watched him fall to the ground, and Dustil, as she saw how his energy lagged. Safia turned her wrath to their enemy, narrowing her eyes on the construct. Her longbow dropped to the ground, released from her grip as she drew her rapier and moved in to attack the odious obstruction with the fury of a Valkyrie. Acrobatics check to avoid AoO: 22 is a success. attack 22 vs war-reaver ac is a hit. Miss chance from concealment 18. attack misses. But unfortunately the mist made her misjudge exactly where the war-reaver stood and her blade stabbed nothing but air.


Ignoring the pain and the hail of bullets passing by him, Morien steps to the side, trying to line up with Aden and spins with a wide swing, his blade seeking something vital between the plates of its armor. The crimson aura surrounding him extending to the sword. attack 22 vs war-reaver ac is a hit. miss chance from concealment 46. does not miss. Damage 17. Healing 9 He swings his sword and having watched safia's earlier longbow shot, aims for the odd looking joint that is it's hip. Cleaving off a chunk of it and causing the War-reaver to stand at an odd angle. It seemed unable to move correctly now. As the war machine wobbled aden stirred...

OOC: Aden is now conscious. Next turn please.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:37, Sun 10 Jan 2016.

Morien
 player, 591 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 10 Jan 2016
at 08:04
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien grimaced from beneath his helm. He had hoped that the last set of attacks would have brought it down. Unfortunately, that was not the case though. However, it DID seem to be on it's last leg... so Morien decided to try and take it out out from under it.

 Morien switched legs, aiming for the back of the leg joint where the armor would be weakest.

02:03, Today: Morien rolled 26 using 1d20+9.  attack knee.

02:03, Today: Morien rolled 50 using 1d100.  concealment.

02:04, Today: Morien rolled 16 using 2d8+7.  damage.

OOC: Morien's stance healed Aden for 2 last round (in addition to his strike) and, if he's still within range, for 2 this strike.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 836 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 10 Jan 2016
at 15:39
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil grit his teeth as he he flanked with Morien and unleashed another set of blows, but again his movement were not as quick. The first punch hit with a resounding noise but then his followup punch missed by just a bit, and the last attack, a kick, wasn't even close as he was off-balance at that point. He was definitely breathing heavily and favoring one side over the other, blood pouring him.

OOC: Hit AC 23 for 20 damage and 3 electrical. I don't think there was a chance for Flanking with a 5ft step, but if there was then the 2nd attack would hit as well.

08:34, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 23,16,8 using d20+10,d20+10,d20+5.  Flurry of Blows w/Power Attack.
08:35, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 20,3 using d8+14,d6.  Damage for the one that hit (Wis added to bypass DR).

Aden Bero
 player, 1008 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 10 Jan 2016
at 16:40
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden wakes up, and tries to cast burning disarm with minimal movements to avoid attracting attention, but the spell fizzles.

Prone, adjacent to war reaver
Standard: 11 concentration to cast burning disarm defensively fails

Current HP: 10/51 -12 war reaver +11 morien last round +2 morien this round = 11/51
SPELLS PER DAY
0: U
1: 7obs.mist.,6burnhand,5burndisarm,4
2: 6
3: 4csw,3
Hero Points: 1

This message was last edited by the player at 18:57, Mon 11 Jan 2016.

Safia
 player, 139 posts
 HP 12/41
 Lore Warden
Mon 11 Jan 2016
at 02:57
Re: Festival Day 3

Safia swung around full circle, slashing out at the mist and hoping to connect with metal.

OOC:
Safia rolled 2022 using 1d20+8+10.  Attack/Rapier
I forgot to add Yan's Inspiring.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:59, Mon 11 Jan 2016.

Yanyeeku
 player, 207 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Mon 11 Jan 2016
at 07:40
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku clutched his head as he threw the fan again, but this time his throw went wide of the reaver, ensconced as it was in the mists. His tail lashed out of its own accord again at Safia, connecting with a solid blow.

Fan attack: 12 vs AC (haha no)
Tail attack: 24 vs AC
Tail damage: 8 Bludgeoning

Mr. Main
 GM, 1169 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 00:26
Re: Festival Day 3
Round 7
Aden 19
yanyeeku 19
War-reaver 18
Dustil 15
Safia 13
Draz'gar 10
Morien 5



Yanyeeku clutched his head as he threw the fan again, but this time his throw went wide of the reaver, ensconced as it was in the mists. His tail lashed out of its own accord again at Safia, connecting with a solid blow. attack 12 vs war-reaver misses. Attack 24 vs safia hits damage 8

Aden suddenly regains consciousness. Though groggy and a little disoriented from the blow that had knocked him out Aden acts swifty. He points his hand at the war-reaver and tries to incant a spell. Unfortunately with his head still swimming he can't seem to focus the arcane energies enough and his spell fizzles.

With it's leg nearly severed at the hip actuator the war-reaver seems hard pressed to even remain upright let alone attack. "LSTCRD" The War-Reaver then starts to humm and beep which soon turns into an odd high pitched noise before finally exploding Everyone with in 20 feet is within the radius of the explosion. Attack vs reflex 19. damage fire 10  bludgeoning 10. If it did not hit your reflex defense you take half. Also remember that as stated in the house rules you can use your immediate action to dive for cover which adds 2 to your reflex defense against that attack.

Gonna let you all react and then I'll post the finish of your challenge.