Festival Day 3.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Dustil Kraye
 player, 838 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 00:31
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil heard the humming and his eyes narrowed. He let out a sigh as he had an idea of what might be coming next. Ordinarily he wouldn't have cared since he would just leap out of the way as usual with his training, but he saw that the wounded Safia would be in the radius. His eyes widened and he leaped on top of her, pushing her to the ground under him.

As the explosion wracked his body, he looked at her and gave her a smile equal parts love and sadness. Then he fell limp as he slipped in to unconsciousness.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:52, Wed 13 Jan 2016.

Morien
 player, 594 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 00:35
Re: Festival Day 3
 As Morien noticed the creature about to explode, his first instinct wasn't to dive for cover, but instead to dive on top of Aden, who was almost dead, attempting to shield his comrade from the brunt of the blast with his own body.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1170 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 01:09
Re: Festival Day 3
Alright so you'll take the damage and aden will be granted total cover vs that AoE
Aden Bero
 player, 1010 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 02:43
Re: Festival Day 3
18 reflex defense, +4 cover from Morien?  Miss.

The blast washes over them, and Aden pushes Morien off of him with a bit of struggle.  The oracle definitely was stronger than he looked. He shouted with worry, "Fool!" But concern quickly softened his demeanor, as Aden looked his icy companion over, making sure the warrior was okay.

Just as quickly, the oracle looked at Yanyeeku.  Was the bard still raging out of control?
Yanyeeku
 player, 211 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 04:37
Re: Festival Day 3
The bard stiffened as he saw the explosion coming, eyes wide with sudden clarity. He dove down as the force and flames washed over home, a move that would save his life. However as the flames passed over him, they revealed the bard was knocked out as the tail which had appeared so suddenly vanished, leaving a dissipating cloud of magical sparkles.

Reflex 21 on dive. 10 damage.

Health: -6.

Morien
 player, 595 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 07:29
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien rolled off of Aden easily once the danger had passed and sat up. "Hmph! You're welcome..." He was burned and bloody but none the worse for wear. He stood and made his way over to the bard... who had, up until only recently, been trying to kill Safia.

 He knew the others could... and would... heal this guy. So he hefted his blade up on his shoulders, gripping the hilt with both hands as he stood behind behind the bard's head. It was the stance of an executioner awaiting his signal.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:34, Wed 13 Jan 2016.

Aden Bero
 player, 1011 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 19:50
Re: Festival Day 3
"Thanks Ice Bucket."  Aden meant it.  But he didn't take time to get emotional, because a) he's a dude, and b) Dustil & Yan were face down looking pretty dead.

The oracle ignored the pain all over his body, and sat up, casting stabilize at a distance first on Dustil, then on Yan.  Leaping to his feet, he sprinted towards the monk, sliding to a stop on the ground beside them.  He gently moved Safia, who wept over the monk, and spoke power words.  With a flourish of his hand, conjured healing energies swirled orange like fire, and Aden touched Dustil's chest, trying to bring his friend back from the brink.

Cure Moderate Wounds, 17 hp back to Dustil.


Aden then looked for signs of life as he struggled to fish the healing stick from his pack, a jumbled mess of gear.  If the monk was alive, but unconscious, Aden would use the healing stick to revive him.  (how many points of healing to get back to 1hp?)

Assuming Dustil came to, Aden smiled and nodded at the monk, then rushed off to Yan.

Aden closed in to examine the bard.  He used the healing stick, and trickled healing into the bard, just enough to get him back to consciousness and able to move (1 hp).

-7 from healing stick, putting it at 63/70.

Current HP: 6/51
SPELLS PER DAY
0: U
1: 7obs.mist.,6burnhand,5burndisarm,4
2: 6cmw,5
3: 4csw,3
Hero Points: 1

This message was last edited by the player at 13:49, Fri 15 Jan 2016.

Yanyeeku
 player, 213 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 20:16
Re: Festival Day 3
The bard let out a weak groan, not even trying to stir off the ground; though pretty obviously it was from being dazed. "Ow my head... And... Everything else. But... Mostly head..." He tried to push himself up, but didn't get very far as he just sunk back down without persuasion. "What... Happened? I just remember... A lot of pain... And trying to cut apart that... Machine."
Aden Bero
 player, 1012 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 23:28
Re: Festival Day 3
"Suck it up for the fans, champ.  We won." Aden helps pull Yan to his feet for the cheering crowd.  The oracle dismisses the fog, and runs, twirls, and flips in celebration for their fans.  If there are any large pieces of the war reaver intact, Aden will stand atop it, hands raised high, and then do a flip off.

17:28, Today: Aden Bero rolled 35 using 1d20+16.  acrobatic performance.
Safia
 player, 142 posts
 HP -16/41
 Lore Warden
Thu 14 Jan 2016
at 00:38
Re: Festival Day 3

Rage had clouded her vision more than the mist, rage that her teammates were suffering. Rage fueled by Yanyeekuís pain-filled groans. Rage she had channeled into the arc of her blade, only to miss.

Safia didnít see the fluffy orange menace until it was too late, yet it seemed eerily slow as it whacked into her and pain exploded, sending her stumbling over her own two feet.

She heard the high-pitched whine of the construct. Her mind registered the danger, but her body failed to react. There was no time to dive, no thought other than acceptance. And then something else hit her, something that knocked her to the ground and had her breath leaving her in a whoosh. She looked up, watching as shards of metal burst outward and strangely beautiful flames flared with a dreamlike slowness above, while pain danced madly like a dervish in her head. Safia could almost see Jaceís face smiling down at her and she smiled back. But then awareness filtered in as one manís face became another, and she knew with a strange feeling of detachment that it was too late for either one of them to run. "Dustil," she whispered out, her eyes widening in horror. "No...damn it, Dustil! What have you done? I canít lose you too..."

She felt his body suddenly sag atop hers, his arms fall limp at her sides. And then came Adenís call of triumph. Safia blinked away the moisture gathering in her eyes, part heartache and part anger. How could they celebrate without Dustil?

Safia lifted her hands to cradle Dustilís face, and she lifted her head to press her lips to his. "Thank you," she whispered into her kiss, then, with a soft groan, she gently rolled him off of her.

~

4/41 HP

This message was last edited by the player at 05:30, Fri 15 Jan 2016.

Morien
 player, 596 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 14 Jan 2016
at 02:37
Re: Festival Day 3
 Once he was sure that Yanyeeku was no longer going to attack anyone else, Morien sheathed his sword and waved to the crowd. He then helped Yanyeeku out of the arena.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:38, Thu 14 Jan 2016.

Yanyeeku
 player, 214 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Thu 14 Jan 2016
at 06:55
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku seemed a bit confused and dishevelled from the fight as he accepted Morien's help.
Morien
 player, 597 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 14 Jan 2016
at 07:15
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien continued to haul Yanyeeku off the field.
Yanyeeku
 player, 215 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Thu 14 Jan 2016
at 07:46
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku accepted the aid gratefully.
Morien
 player, 598 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 15 Jan 2016
at 08:12
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien half had expected the rest of the group to be following him but suddenly stopped when he realized that he was the only one leaving the field. He turned around to see what the holdup was and saw Safia rolling Dustil off of her.

 Heartbeats later, Morien vanished from beneath Yanyeeku's arm and reappeared instantly by their side. He tore off his helmet and placed an ear to Dustil's chest.
Yanyeeku
 player, 216 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Fri 15 Jan 2016
at 09:43
Re: Festival Day 3
Yanyeeku looked back in surprise, his eyes landing on Dustil. His face twisted in a grimace of guilt and he limped out of the arena.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 840 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 15 Jan 2016
at 16:30
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil suddenly coughed one, hard, and let out a pained groan as consciousness was quickly slammed back into him by the healing. He arched his back, limbs splayed, for just a moment and then he collapsed again. But he began to blink his eyelids open rapidly and he squinted. "ow."

He slowly moved his eyes around to look at everyone around him and he started to shoot up but pain stopped him. "Is Safia..." Then he saw her and he smiled. "Oh thank the gods, you're okay!"

He let out a long sigh and sat up more slowly the second time. "Ugh. I feel like crap. Actually crap feels better than me I think." He stood up slowly and looked around. "But hey, but we survived, right?" He gave a half-hearted smile to his companions and raised one arm with his fist in the sky.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:17, Fri 15 Jan 2016.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 243 posts
Fri 15 Jan 2016
at 18:19
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 104):

Drazgar having been shocked by the missile attack finally strikes back.


Attack:29, Danage:17
Safia
 player, 147 posts
 HP 4/41
 Lore Warden
Fri 15 Jan 2016
at 22:40
Re: Festival Day 3
OOC: I think RPoL needs an update "Bump" button for Players too. This retro-posting is making me dizzy. :P Sorry, Aden. I didn't realize you had edited your previous post until after I posted, and tah-dah...edited! :D



Dustil Kraye:
"But hey, but we survived, right?" He gave a half-hearted smile to his companions and raised one arm with his fist in the sky.

Grateful that Dustil had been healed by Aden's magic touch, Safiaís mouth curved in joyous amazement. "Yeah," she said, ignoring her own aches and pains as she pushed up off the ground and joined Dustil in raising a victorious fist. "We did."

Safia gave Dustil a light peck on the cheek, and she shared a dash of a smile with Aden and Morien too, one that expressed her gratitude, before her blue eyes sought out Yanyeeku. She spotted him limping out of the arena and moved to join him. "Hey, Tiger," she called after Yanyeeku, her voice a tad hoarse. "Wait up. Yanyeeku... are you alright?"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:51, Fri 15 Jan 2016.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1172 posts
Sat 16 Jan 2016
at 02:28
Re: Festival Day 3
The cheers, cries, shouts and chants of the crowd during the fight were a constant and unintelligible roar; right up until the War-Reaver blew up. Then the crowd was totally silent...until the members of team Arcadia started to rise. Then the cheers re-started immediately. They applauded, shouted and congratulated all of you. It was one hell of a fight,

"TEAM ARCADIA HAS DEFEATED THE MA'NDO WAR-REAVER!" The mayor shouts, even with the aid of the arena's magic he voice was all but lost in the noise of the crowd.

AS the group tends to their wounded the ruins around them vanish and the arena is back to it's original state of hard pack sand. The debris of the War-Reaver vanished as well.

Tio was waving for you to return to team Arcadia's box.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 05:18, Sat 16 Jan 2016.

Aden Bero
 player, 1017 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sat 16 Jan 2016
at 05:14
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden provides a shoulder if needed by any wounded companions as they return to their booth. Victory felt good in front of a coliseum of screaming fans.
Morien
 player, 599 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 16 Jan 2016
at 07:34
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien leans back as Dustil wakes up. Without his helmet on, it's easy to see the tension melt from his face as it became apparent that everyone was still alive. ""Yeah, we survived.

 Morien offered a hand up to Dustil, though it was still freezing cold to the touch. "Assuming we get paid for this, first round at the Monkey is on me."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 841 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 16 Jan 2016
at 23:35
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil accepted the hand-up from Morien and the cheek-kiss from Safia. He gave a viogorous nod and wide-eyed look to Morien. "Oh, yes, my gods, I'm gettin' SO drunk t'night!"

He slowly limped his way off of the arena floor, occasionally putting a fist in the air again to stir up the crowd as he made his way back towards the Arcadia box. However, that was an act, as he glared at Yanyeeku's back, anger evident, and tried to overhear his response to Safia.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 23:35, Sat 16 Jan 2016.

Yanyeeku
 player, 217 posts
 Teller of Stories
 4/24 HP
Sat 16 Jan 2016
at 23:46
Re: Festival Day 3
Despite his limp, Yanyeeku had a head start on Safia, having started leaving when he was assisted out by Morien. He didn't respond to her calling out to him. By the time Safia would have caught up to him, he was seemingly already gone.
Morien
 player, 600 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 17 Jan 2016
at 06:57
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien chuckled as dustil stands up. "That's fine by me."

 Morien walked close to Dustil as he made his way off the field so as to catch him should he fall, though, like Dustil, Morien glared at Yanyeeku as he left. Once out of the ring, Morien separated from the group, back to his normal standoffish range.