Festival Day 3.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Safia
 player, 148 posts
 HP 4/41
 Lore Warden
Sun 17 Jan 2016
at 23:59
Re: Festival Day 3

The crowd cheered and roared, yet she felt a pang of sorrow in her heart that she couldn’t quite explain. Worry creased Safia’s brow as she watched Yanyeeku turn the corner. She didn’t have the strength to run after him, though she felt compelled to do so. Instead, she sought to convince herself that it was best to give him a few moments alone to sort out what ailed him. ...Wasn’t it?

Tossing a look over her shoulder to her teammates, Safia accepted Aden’s aid, using his shoulder as a crutch until they made it to Tio and team Arcadia’s box. With her free arm, the one that wasn’t draped over Aden’s shoulder, she waved to the crowd and managed to pull a smile as they walked.

But her blue eyes kept shifting back to the corner where she had last seen Yanyeeku, staring so intently she didn't notice the glares that had been sent in the Kitsune's direction as well.

"Hey Tio," she greeted with a wan smile as they entered the box. Safia let her arm slide free from Aden's shoulder and she found a place to sit and rest her aching body, at least for a moment. ...At least long enough to hear what Tio might need to tell them.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:00, Mon 18 Jan 2016.

Aden Bero
 player, 1018 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 18 Jan 2016
at 00:00
Re: Festival Day 3
Back at the booth, Aden went in a quick search to see if Yanyeeku was nearby.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1174 posts
Mon 18 Jan 2016
at 01:02
Re: Festival Day 3
"I'm impressed. That was a hell of a fight. If These weren't randomly selected I would think someone was trying to kill you." He waves over a few clerics and they start examining and treating you as Tio continues to speak.

"For completing your challenge everyone gets a purse of 5000 gold provided by Dominus Trading. There is a second part to today's event. The audience, and the teams, get to vote on what team they believe had the best performance. As such each of you gets a vote, which cannot be for yourselves, as to which challenge you enjoyed watching the most. Team El Gavassa still has to complete their challenge, but once they do please write down on this slip of paper which one you select. Which ever team gets the most votes gets an additional prize."

OOC: Still got El Gavassa's challenge to play out. but once that is done I'll post it up.
Safia
 player, 149 posts
 HP 4/41
 Lore Warden
Mon 18 Jan 2016
at 03:16
Re: Festival Day 3

"Thanks, Tio." Safia accepted the slip of paper with a wry smile. "It certainly felt like that thing was trying to kill us." And it nearly did, she thought.

As soon as the clerics were done examining and treating her, she turned to Dustil and Morien (if he was near enough to hear). "I thought I'd give Yanyeeku a moment alone, as he didn't seem to want to be bothered. But I'm not sure that's a good idea now...he didn't look so well. I'm going to see if I can find him," she added, allowing a moment for response before she would turn to leave.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 03:16, Mon 18 Jan 2016.

Morien
 player, 601 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 18 Jan 2016
at 05:06
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien was nearby, just off in a corner and out of the clerics' way as was typically his custom. "I'm not certain that is a good idea... at least not by yourself. I would suggest taking Aden with you after we cast our votes."

 He cast a sideways look at Dustil. "Of the three of us, Aden is the least likely to break his nose when you find him."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 842 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 18 Jan 2016
at 17:21
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil grinned at Morien and kept up the 'victory appearance' until they got back to their box and then he collapsed in a chair with a long pained sigh. He tried not to fuss as the clerics came over to attend to them.

"Thanks, Tio. I generally assume someone's tryin' t'kill us, an' even seemingly-random stuff can be rigged sometimes so...never know."

He raised an eyebrow at the voting part but just nodded.

He glanced at Safia and his clouded a bit at the mention of Yanyeeku. "First, he goes crazy, grows a freakin' tail an' attacks teammates. Then he just wanders off when he owes us an explanation. Not cool."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 244 posts
Mon 18 Jan 2016
at 19:15
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 143):

Drazgar waits around for the next thing to do or someone to talk to him.
Safia
 player, 150 posts
 HP 4/41
 Lore Warden
Tue 19 Jan 2016
at 01:08
Re: Festival Day 3

"Aden isn’t here. He left just before Tio passed out the voting slips," she pointed out in response to Morien. "And we can’t cast our votes until after Team El Gavassa finishes their challenge. Besides," she added, looking to Dustil as well. "I think that hunk of metal did something to Yanyeeku’s head, what with the way he was clutching it and groaning in pain. He didn’t mean to attack me. Why would he? That’s just, well...it’s nonsense, that’s what it is, and no one ought to be thinking of breaking his nose." There was faint censure in her tone, intermingled with worry.

"Yanyeeku is our teammate. We shouldn’t leave him to suffer alone when he clearly needs our help. ...I’m going to go find him."

With that, Safia took off in search of Yanyeeku, rounding the same corner she'd seen him disappear around shortly ago...
Morien
 player, 602 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 19 Jan 2016
at 06:12
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien sighed as Safia left. Since it was only Dustil and Drazgar remaining, he stepped into the middle of the room. "If I were to guess, I would say Yanyeeku is possessed by something... though by what, I cannot say."

 Morien begins to head after Safia. " I'm going after them. Neither Aden nor Safia are in any condition to defend themselves if the beast shows itself again."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 245 posts
Tue 19 Jan 2016
at 06:47
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Morien (msg # 146):

Drazgar smiles and prepares to go after them.
"It is truly the right thing to do to go after them."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 843 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 19 Jan 2016
at 20:15
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil looked after Safia, even after she turned the corner, from where he was seated. He looked at Morien and Drazgar, and let out a sigh. He shook his head. "Feel free t'go. I'll stay here an' man our box in case anythin' comes up."
Morien
 player, 603 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 20 Jan 2016
at 00:57
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien nodded. "That sounds good. Let's go Drazgar."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 246 posts
Thu 21 Jan 2016
at 06:19
Re: Festival Day 3
In reply to Morien (msg # 149):

Drazgar smiles and walks away.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:20, Thu 21 Jan 2016.

Mr. Main
 GM, 1177 posts
Sun 31 Jan 2016
at 16:56
Re: Festival Day 3
immediately after entering your box team elgavassa steps down into the arena floor.

"And finally Team Elgavassa...MUST DEFEAT THEIR MOST DANGEROUS ENEMY!"

Team Elgavassa which had been standing in a small group at the center of the arena suddenly disappears and then reappears except now there are two of each and their positions have been jumbled around so no one knows who the original one was and each individual is evenly spaced away from each other.

OOC: Sorry for the delay folks. finally found my notes. I'll let you guys react and continue on with your rp before posting up the summary of this last trial.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 21:53, Mon 01 Feb 2016.

Aden Bero
 player, 1020 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 1 Feb 2016
at 18:50
Re: Festival Day 3
In the search for Yanyeeku, Aden looks over his shoulder back towards the arena.  He smiled at the creativity of the encounter, having to fight yourselves and not knowing who to trust.
Safia
 player, 152 posts
 HP 4/41
 Lore Warden
Wed 3 Feb 2016
at 02:46
Re: Festival Day 3
OOC: I don't know how far ahead of Safia Aden is, but I presume since he didn't see her when he tossed a look over his shoulder, he's out of her line of sight?

~

Team Elgavassa’s challenge was announced, reverberating in the air even as Safia let out a small, disappointed sigh. She’d lost Yanyeeku, and she couldn’t help but feel a twinge of guilt at not immediately following him out of the arena when she had the chance. It had been obvious to her that Yanyeeku had suffered some sort of head trauma during the battle. She just didn’t know what had caused it or to what extent, whether physical or mental. And now there was nothing she could do but wait for him to return on his own…or wait until she found him torn to pieces in an alley…just like Jace.

Dammit Yanyeeku! She swore a silent oath, frustrated by her inability to help her new friend. You had better come back in one piece, or...or...dammit. Just come back. ...Please.

Safia turned away from her search and back to the arena, hoping to find distraction from worrisome thoughts by watching the final competition for the day. Her eyes found Morien and Drazgar as she turned, and she managed a small, though genuine smile. "Hey, guys...thanks. I guess we won’t have to worry about who might break Yanyeeku’s nose. ...I can’t find him." She glanced over her shoulder, murmuring, "Unless Aden did?...Where did he go off to anyway?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 845 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 3 Feb 2016
at 03:12
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil sat in the Team Arcadia box, though none of his teammates were still there with him. He began to drink as he sat mostly alone. He perked up slightly when Team Elgavassa entered the arena. His voice was quiet but full of emotion when he said the one name, "Janos." He sat up more fully when the challenge was announced. "Hmm. Now THIS should be int'restin'." He lifted his flask in a mock-toast, "This is gonna hurt you a lot more than it'll hurt me, an' I'll sure enjoy watchin'! So make it a good show."
Morien
 player, 604 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 3 Feb 2016
at 23:01
Re: Festival Day 3
 Morien held up one hand as Safia turned. "Possibly...Dustil's sitting in the voting box all alone. Why don't you two head back while I look for Aden?"

 He paused for a moment, before adding as almost an afterthought. "... and Yanyeeku. Anyway, more than one of us should probably be around when the time to cast a vote comes."
Mr. Main
 GM, 1178 posts
Wed 3 Feb 2016
at 23:44
Re: Festival Day 3
Team Elgavassa stares at each other for a while. Sizing each other up. Trying to see if they can notice some clue that will reveal who is real and who is a fake.



"This Stupid. There is one Thunk; not two. Thunk smash you!" Thunk 1 shouts

"No! Thunk Smash other Thunk." thunk two counters

"Thunk left standing is real Thunk." both thunks say at the same time. The two thunks tighten their grips on their axes.

"Hold on there a second. What will you do after you're done? Stand around paitently waiting for the rest of us to figure out which one is real?" Revard A asks

"Or are you just going to keep swinging your Axe all in a frenzy until there is only one of each still standing?" Revard B continues.

"When one of each left trial over." Thunk 1 answers.

"Last one standing is strongest. Strongest is real." Thunk 2 explains.

"Yeah that's not going to work." Revard A comments

"The last Thunk standing might be the real Thunk. But how could the real thunk tell which one of us is real? With your Axe? Revard B asks.

"Your axe would kill whichever one you decided to hit; real or not." Revard A explains.

"So you could clear the trial by attacking until only one of each was left, but then when it's over you could have killed all the real members of the team leaving you alone." Revard B further explains.

"You're not going to make it far in the rest of the tourney on your own. You won't be able to clear the gauntlet on your own either." Revard A comments.

Both thunks seem to be considered what the Revards just said.

"Each one of us reveals something that only the real version of another one of us would know the truth of." Kern suggests

"And then from the Confirmed pairs we can start further identifying the real ones" Kern prime adds.

"First how do you know the copy's don't have access to our memories? Second how many of us have something that only another member of the group knows that can be used to verify them." Revard A asks

"Plus what's to stop two fakes from fabricating some story to pass them selves off as real?" Revard B adds.

"And what if a third pair chimes in. One saying the first pair is telling the truth while the second says they are lying? Whose words can you really trust?" Revard A asks

"Ultimately only your own. Which puts us all back right at the beginning having accomplished nothing but revealing a couple secrets." Revard B explains.

"I'll just use magic. I can determine which ones are real by the Magic auras of the spells and items active on them." a Pically suggests.

" Plus the fakes should be caused by some kind of magic therefore they'll be identifiable by the aura on them that they will all share. Of the same school and same intensity." the other Pically adds.

"That's better, but what if the other Pically says you are lying?" (Revard A)

"We'd have to figure out which one was telling the truth. which can get dicey if the fakes start backing each other up." (Revard B)

"it would at least give us some more information to go on, not that we'd necessarily be able to actually use it." (Revard A)

"Then have both of them do use their magic and write down what they see on each of us separately without speaking of it to anyone. Then everyone can compare what it says on those to lists and we can decide personally based upon what we know what items the other have on them which Pically has the right list and the wrong list." jack comments.

"Once we know which Pically is the real one we can use that one's list and other magic to weed out the other fakes." Jack adds.

"If all the fakes know who the other fakes are they'll either all support the fake pically..." (Revard A)

"Or adjust their votes to keep it a split decision to maximize uncertainty" (Revard B)
Aden Bero
 player, 1021 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Thu 4 Feb 2016
at 05:35
Re: Festival Day 3
Safia, yeah, I'm saying Aden was able to look at the arena without necessarily seeing you.

After a couple of minutes, Aden gives up on finding Yanyeeku.  If the kitsune didn't want to be found, it was way to easy to disappear into the crowd.  Aden headed back towards their booth, shrugging when he saw his companions, signaling he didn't know where the bard had gone off to.

He could appreciate an intellectual debate, but he was a bit disappointed they hadn't started pummeling each other yet.  On the other hand, he doubted they were putting on the most entertaining "fight" for the fans.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:39, Thu 04 Feb 2016.

Morien
 player, 605 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 4 Feb 2016
at 07:48
Re: Festival Day 3
 Moments after Morien finished speaking, he spotted Aden signaling to them. "Well, if Yanyeeku wishes to return, he'll do so on his own time. Let us return to our boxes and watch this fight.

 I can only say that I'm glad we didn't get this matchup. I have enough problems with impostors without having to deal with yet another one."

Dustil Kraye
 player, 848 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 4 Feb 2016
at 16:41
Re: Festival Day 3
Dustil chuckled at Morien as he returned. "Oh but what a fight we'd have with ourselves? OR the ability t'beat the CRAP outta each other without feelin' guilty later...unless o'course you beat up the REAL person an' not one o'the duplicates!" He chuckled again.

He found the debate interesting since they didn't seem to be making any headway. He wondered when at least Thunk would get bored/frustrated enough to attack.
Safia
 player, 153 posts
 HP 4/41
 Lore Warden
Thu 4 Feb 2016
at 23:56
Re: Festival Day 3
Morien:
Morien held up one hand as Safia turned. "Possibly...Dustil's sitting in the voting box all alone. Why don't you two head back while I look for Aden?"

Having grown up with two older brothers, Safia rankled at the implication she should go back to the box like a good little girl and let the 'big boys' handle things. Not that it really mattered once Aden reappeared and Frost and Fire easily fell in together, giving up the hunt.

Rather than follow after them, Safia gave a parting nod to Drazgar as she moved off to the side to watch the challenge. Though knowledge was oft her strategy in battle, she couldn’t help but agree with the simplicity of Thunk’s thinking. She would know her imposter, even if she didn’t have a clue to the others. Plan A: the shortest distance between two points was to bash an imposter upside the head.

Then again, maybe that was just her current mood.

Plan B would require a bit more thought.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1181 posts
Sat 6 Feb 2016
at 18:17
Re: Festival Day 3
"Okay, how about going with Jack's idea, after the Picallys separately write down their lists without talking to anyone. We review both of them. Everyone secretly writes down their answer about which one is right." A Kern suggests

" To further make vote tampering harder how about we have them fold up their lists and into a bag, shake it about and draw them out this way we don't know for sure who wrote what list and before we tally votes we throw the votes into that same bag and shake it around as well so no one will know whose vote was just tallied. That way it's harder to guess who voted for who and unless there is a heavy favoring the exact outcome won't be known until the last few votes are examined." the other adds.

"If both lists are the same this process is mute. Revard A comments

"What's the harm? it's not like there is a time limit. if it fails were still at the deadlock. If it succeeds we could move forward."

The first Revard shrugs and the Picallys cast detect magic and examine everyones auras. They then walk a way from the group keeping their distance from each other and start creating their lists. After they have finished their lists they fold them up and put them into a bag that both the Revards are holding. After the Revards draw the lists and unfold them everyone from the two teams reads the lists. and then the Revards hand out tokens to mark out votes on. After all the votes have been put into the bag and the bag shaken. Revard A goes to draw out a token...But is suddenly stabbed in the back by Revard B. His knife piercing right into revard A's kidney. At that same time Thunk 1 charges Thunk 2, and one of the jack hurls a mind blade into the back of the Revard that just got stabbed dropping him. While one of the kerns attacks the other.

One of the pically's starts casting a spell the second pically also starts casting and fires  a ray of burning energy at the pically who started casting first. the other jack attacks the Jack that dropped Revard A while the other kern and thunk attack their respective selves. Revard B Moves up and attacks one of the jacks, stabbing him in the back. The jack that had not gotten stabbed slashes the jack who just had been. The Pically that had been burned by a ray attack from the other seems to have set himself to countering the Pically that had shot him. The other pically seems to be rather annoyed. The Jack that had just been stabbed in the back tries to tumble out of being flanked, but isn't agile enough to avoid the other jack's blade and takes a slash for his effort. he attacks that jack back but misses as the other jack side-steps and repositions himself. the thunks and kerns continue fighting.

instead of continuing to engage the jack Revard B moves into flank against one of the kerns and stabs that one in the back as well. The jack that had side-stepped moves back a bit and seems to focus. he grins at the other jack. That jack moves in and attacks him scoring a solid hit. With revard B's help one of the Kerns has a decisive advantage over the other and presses it to full effect. As he swings his scimitar it glows blue and you can see frost start to cover the blade. It strikes home and you see the kern struck suddenly go stiff. He attacks with his weapon and hits the kern that just struck him, but seems unable to move his legs. The thunks continue to fight and one Pically continues to frustrate the other.

Revard B once again disengages from his opponent, this time he moves back to fight the jack he had stabbed earlier. stabbing him in the back once more. (you'd think he'd learn to watch it by now). The other jack also attacks the stricken jack. The kern that can move dashes into that fray, the immoblized kern lands a blow as he his opponent leaves. Kern's scimitar cuts deep into the stricken jack's sides and jack falls.  Whatever had held the first kern in place seems to have ended bceause that kern can now move. Instead of attacking the group of three he moves to attack the countering pically. and scores a hit. distracted by the new threat that pically casts mirror image creating 4 of himself and then backs off. Kern attacks as the pically tries to withdraw destroying one of the copies. The other pically casts a spell and rolls a ball of flame into the group of three that had just downed a jack. the thunks continue fighting.

 Those three charge the pically that had just burned them and through their combined attacks drop him rather quickly. The other kern continues to harrass the mirror imaged pically. he attacks and destroys one of the fakes. that pically moves away again and Kern lashes out once more destroying yet another copy revealing the real pically, but he manages to get out of range and moves over to his allies. Finally one of the Thunks drops the other and Roars "TOLD YOU! STRONGEST IS REAL!" clearly outnumbered with no clear way to win the lone kern drops his scimitar and asks "How did you figure it out?"

"We're sneakier" Revard answers. The last kern vanishes.

"TEAM ELGAVASSA WINS!" the mayor shouts and he quickly follows that statement by asking "Would you mind telling us all how you managed to figure out who the real ones were?"
Aden Bero
 player, 1023 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Mon 8 Feb 2016
at 02:21
Re: Festival Day 3
Aden comments, "When we vote for the most entertaining team, maybe each of us should vote for a different team.  That way we don't accidentally pad any of their numbers too much."  Not the most honest way to go about it, but voting was part of the game, and therefore Aden felt justified in his tactic, if it helped them win.