Festival Day 3: Afternoon.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Mr. Main
 GM, 1342 posts
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 02:44
Festival Day 3: Afternoon.
OOC: figured I'd start a new festival day thread just to make it a little less confusing what with the slowed down pace and all. Anyway Moving you guys along.

And so having conquered the gauntlet the team walks outside. Discussing their next destination. Draz'gar wants to head to a smith and Morien wants to stop at a magic shop. As the team leaves they run into Tio who is standing outside.

"Very impressive. It'll take a day, maybe more, but they will start showing the various gauntlet runs before the end of the Festival. I'm personally very excited to see them." he replies before moving on to answer Aden's question.

"There are a lot of good smiths in town, though arguably the best in the Alliance are all in Drakden. Many of the Smiths have contracts with the big merchant companies, but there are some which choose to stay independent. Of those there is one who is known for accommodating you adventurers. His name is Creilan. As for magic shops Martin and Kern is probably your best bet unless you've got an exotic or specific request. For exotic stuff Eastwind is the choice and for specific requests you probably will have to see if you can get something commissioned by the Academy."

OOC: Tio will give you directions to Creilan. Are you guys going to one first or are you splitting up? Any other destinations? Other than a bar for Dustil of course.
Morien
 player, 708 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 23 Oct 2017
at 02:19
Festival Day 3: Afternoon.
 Morien nods. "Then I imagine the Academy will be my best bet. Would any of you care to accompany me?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 294 posts
Mon 23 Oct 2017
at 02:51
Festival Day 3: Afternoon.
In reply to Morien (msg # 2):

Drazgar drags his mithral to the smith.
Safia
 player, 282 posts
 HP 32/41
 Lore Warden
Wed 25 Oct 2017
at 00:52
Festival Day 3: Afternoon.

"Thanks, Tio."
Safia smiled. "I'm looking forward to seeing some of the other teams' Gauntlet runs too."

There was always an opportunity to learn, but truth be told, she was simply curious to see how others dealt with the Minotaur. Plus, she might get a glimpse at the title of his book. What does a Minotaur read anyway?

Safia set aside her inner musings and gave Drazgar a cursory glance as he walked away ('dragged his mithral to the smith'). She responded to Morien. "I'll tag along with you to Martin and Kern. I might even buy something too." She flashed a smile at the idea. Ordinarily, magic items weren't on her shopping list, but at the moment she figured, 'why not?'.
Aden Bero
 player, 1180 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Thu 26 Oct 2017
at 01:06
Festival Day 3: Afternoon.
Aden tags along with Drazgar, agreeing to either meet at Martin and Kern or the Drunken Monkey.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 975 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 26 Oct 2017
at 04:55
Re: Festival Day 3: Afternoon.
Dustil gave a small bow of his head. "Thanks." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Wellll....can't guarantee ALL of it will be good viewin' entertainment, but...hey, we made it through, right?" He gave a small tired smile to Tio and then Safia.

He then shrugged. "Well I don't need t'go see a smith. I could look at magic items, I s'pose if people wanna go to Martin & Kern, but I don't have one in mind for special orderin' at the Academy right now." He scratched his chin. "Actually....I think I'll go hit the Monkey. I'm wiped an' need a drink. Any are welcome after shoppin' trips're done."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:49, Thu 26 Oct 2017.

Aden Bero
 player, 1183 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Thu 26 Oct 2017
at 18:59
Re: Festival Day 3: Afternoon.
Aden stops the group, suggesting they stick together.  Morien had recently been attacked, it was possible the party had become a target as their fame rose in the games....
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 295 posts
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 03:07
Re: Festival Day 3: Afternoon.
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 7):

Drazgar carrying his mithral pushes past Aden.

Then come with me I can not carry this all day or just stand here holding this.
Morien
 player, 709 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 22:11
Re: Festival Day 3: Afternoon.
 "Normally, I'd acquiesce, but this elfling's attitude is wearing on my patience. Anyway, Dustil, don't start drinking without me. I've got a promise to keep, remember? Anyway, this won't take long."
Mr. Main
 GM, 1343 posts
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 23:40
Re: Festival Day 3: Afternoon.
Drazgar stalks off heading towards the smith while Morien starts walking towards OOC: are you heading to martin and Kern or the Acadmeny? Safia if he heads to the Academy will you follow or will you head to Martin and Kern?

To the Smith:

Though he had directions, the streets were unusually full because of all the people who had come for the games. So even though normally it would take only about 20 minutes to reach the smith from where you were. Today it took about 45. Some of the delays was caused by people recognizing you (Draz'gar and whoever went with him) as you walked by and calling out to you. When you did finally reach the Smith his workshop was very busy. It was on the smaller side compared to some of the other smiths in town and he only had a handful of apprentices and other employees. But it seemed, from the amount of work being done and it's flow he was a master of efficiency and organization. towards the front of the workshop were racks, stands, a table and some other displays showing some of the wares for sale. There was even a small space with a few dummies set up so that prospective buyers could try the weapons before buying them.
Morien
 player, 710 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 28 Oct 2017
at 00:31
Re: Festival Day 3: Afternoon.
OOC: Academy. I need a special item
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 296 posts
Sat 28 Oct 2017
at 06:02
Re: Festival Day 3: Afternoon.
In reply to Morien (msg # 11):

Drazgar walks straight to the smith and sets the mithral ore down on a counter.

Hello?
Safia
 player, 283 posts
 HP 32/41
 Lore Warden
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 02:38
Re: Festival Day 3: Afternoon.

OOC: Safia will tag along with Morien to the Academy. That was player error. I didn't catch the word 'academy' at the end of the first post, which explains why I was confused when Morien said that's where he was going. But, yeah. Safia said she'd join him, so... that's where she'll go. :)

Aden Bero
 player, 1184 posts
 HP 51/51
 Flame Juggler
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 19:38
Re: Festival Day 3: Afternoon.
Aden follows along with Drazgar.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1344 posts
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 20:48
Re: Festival Day 3: Afternoon.
To the Academy:

Much like with Draz'gar the trip to the Academy is slowed thanks to the large crowds in the street and the rising fame of the members of team Arcadia. after about an Hour the Group finally manages to reach the Academy and the sight is impressive. The Academy is a series of interconnected Gothic style buildings with several large inner courtyards and surrounded by varies gardens and fields. At the very center of the Academy is the main Building. Nine towers  nearly 300 feet tall encircle a large glass observation dome. Each of the towers Represents one of the Schools of magic and is home to the Dean in charge of the curriculum surrounding that school.



Morien, Safia and who ever else walk through the main entrance. Not to far from it is a long counter piled high with various ledgers. A man in his Mid 20's is standing on the other side of it. He smiles and waves at you. "Welcome! What brings you to the Academy?"

At the Smiths:

A young boy in a leather apron and wearing thick heavy leather gloves, probably around 13 years of age, walks over to Draz'gar. "Need something?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 297 posts
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 20:57
Re: Festival Day 3: Afternoon.


Drazgar drops the Mithral ore on the counter and sighs.

" Okay I need an enchanted Mithral Breastplate. He drops his gems and gold, he recently received on the counter as well.
"