Escape From the Lost City.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Ken Jenkins
 player, 321 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Mon 22 Apr 2013
at 20:46
Re: Escape From the Lost City
Ken pulled Lorain down to the ground as they natives came into view.  "Get down Lorain!  They are about to fire over our heads!"  As Linus came to help them he waved him back.  "Stay in cover and fire at the natives Linus.  Keep them off us while we crawl to cover!"

Hitting the ground next to Lorain, Ken pushed her forward at a crawl to move as quickly as could be up the slope.

[Edited]

This message was last edited by the player at 00:18, Thu 25 Apr 2013.

Neva Alexovna Morozova
 player, 203 posts
 Ex-Other Rogue
 A89982
Mon 22 Apr 2013
at 23:13
Re: Escape From the Lost City
In reply to Ken Jenkins (msg # 209):

Neva let her gun speak for her answer to Ken's statement.  She was careful not to do a burst because if she had to reload in the middle of an onslaught it...well it just wouldn't be good.

She chose for her first target one of them that was closer to Ken and Lorraine.  She had been siting him up for a bit since Ken, in his wisdom of rushing out to help, went into her line of sight but now she had a better shot and she took it.
GM
 GM, 354 posts
 Game
 Master
Tue 23 Apr 2013
at 10:02
Re: Escape From the Lost City
A dozen tribals carrying clubs and spears charged into the clearing.

Spotting the two, then three figures on the hill to their left, they turned and started charging up the hill.
Thomas Walker
 player, 126 posts
 Hunter
 896786
Tue 23 Apr 2013
at 10:08
Re: Escape From the Lost City
In reply to GM (msg # 211):

"Goddamn! Get the fuck down!"

It was too late, he had to take his shot. As there were friendlies in the line of fire, he couldn't just blast away but instead had to take a carefully aimed single shot to avoid hitting Linus, Ken and Lorain.

His target went down, but there were just too many of them!

03:06, Tue 23 Apr 2013: GM, on behalf of Thomas Walker, rolled 12 using 2d6+4 ((5,3)).

03:07, Tue 23 Apr 2013: GM, on behalf of Thomas Walker, rolled 9 using 3d6 ((2,3,4)).

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:18, Wed 24 Apr 2013.

Stanley
 NPC, 5 posts
 Native Guide
 Mirayn
Tue 23 Apr 2013
at 10:10
Re: Escape From the Lost City
Stanely fired his shotgun, again, trying to avoid hitting friendlies...

The tribal he shot flopped backwards as he ran into the buckshot charge.
GM
 GM, 359 posts
 Game
 Master
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 10:45
Re: Escape From the Lost City
First, Thomas and Stanley fired, dropping their targets of the dozen or so attackers. With Ken and Lorain ducked down out of the line of fire, Neva unleashed a stream of bullets at the group charging them. The lead scythed into them, leaving only 1 standing. The rest went down in a spray of blood and carnage, some thrashing around, others lying still.

The last tribal screeched to a halt, comprehending that the blinding flashes and deafening thunder somehow was responsible for the carnage around him. He threw away his spear, turned tail and sprinted back down the hill.
Thomas Walker
 player, 127 posts
 Hunter
 896786
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 14:21
Re: Escape From the Lost City
In reply to GM (msg # 214):

Walker shoulders his weapon and tracks, but refrains from firing on the remaining tribal.

"Don't need him bringing back his friends, but I killed enough for today," he said, frowning.
Ken Jenkins
 player, 327 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 16:26
Re: Escape From the Lost City
Ken rises to his feet and pulls Loraine up as well.  He looks her over quickly.  "Are you alright Loraine?  How about Liisha?  We're not leaving her behind but with the natives stirred up it's going to be tough."
Lorain Messandi
 NPC, 48 posts
 Scientist
 69ABA8
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 11:05
Re: Escape From the Lost City
In reply to Ken Jenkins (msg # 216):

Letting Ken help her up, Lorain sobbed, "my God... she was so brave... she made her move when they were tying us on the altar... then we started to run... spears were landing all around us... I think one got her in the leg. She told me to get going, leave her... and God help me, I did. I think she gave her life to free me, to let me escape."
Stanley
 NPC, 6 posts
 Native Guide
 Mirayn
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 11:09
Re: Escape From the Lost City
Most of the attackers weren't dead, some were still conscious.

Drawing his machete, Stanley hissed, "these savages deserve to die. They attack from the shadows and sacrifice their victims, the ones that they catch. My people have no love for them." He started to kill those who were still moving, using swift strokes from the heavy-bladed weapon. Mirayn blood sprayed into the night, spattering the long grasses of the rise as he dispatched them.
Thomas Walker
 player, 128 posts
 Hunter
 896786
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 21:10
Re: Escape From the Lost City
In reply to Stanley (msg # 218):

Walker frowns on hearing that the indigs practices ritual sacrifice of sentient beings.

"Maybe we still have a shot at saving her."
Ken Jenkins
 player, 328 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 23:11
Re: Escape From the Lost City
Ken supported Lorain as she stood and gave a sobbing rendition of her story.  His arm remained around her in a supportive and protective fashion.  He glanced back toward the camp.  "We were lucky to get this batch by surprise and in ambush.  We'll not be so fortunate again."  He shook his head.  "Still, I'd not leave a comrade behind to be tortured and slaughtered.  We need to move to a place where we can at least see what is going on in the camp.  If Liisha is still alive then we need to help her."
Thomas Walker
 player, 129 posts
 Hunter
 896786
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 23:33
Re: Escape From the Lost City
In reply to Ken Jenkins (msg # 220):

"Let's find something closer."
Linus Spruance
 player, 196 posts
 Ex-Navy Starman
 9986A7
Sun 28 Apr 2013
at 13:49
Re: Escape From the Lost City
"Right. Yes. Nobody left behind..." Linus started to move.
Ken Jenkins
 player, 329 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Sun 28 Apr 2013
at 18:40
Re: Escape From the Lost City
Ken handed a pistol to Lorain.  "Here, this will give you something with which to defend yourself.  Can you follow us  We're going to check on Liisha."  Looking about he will lead the team toward a vantage point closer to the camp.  Ideally they will head away from the site of the ambush.
Stanley
 NPC, 6 posts
 Native Guide
 Mirayn
Sun 28 Apr 2013
at 21:57
Re: Escape From the Lost City
In reply to Ken Jenkins (msg # 223):

Finished his grisly work, Stanley cleaned and holstered his machete. He pushed another shell into the loading port on his shotgun to reload it, then pumped it.

"Yes.... Liisha should be near altar site at the foot of the mountain. We are not going there straight, but circling around. Maybe go up on mountain first to have look?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:58, Sun 28 Apr 2013.

Ken Jenkins
 player, 330 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Sun 28 Apr 2013
at 22:18
Re: Escape From the Lost City
Ken nodded. "That is exactly my thought Stanley."  He heads toward the foot of the mountain.
Lorain Messandi
 NPC, 49 posts
 Scientist
 69ABA8
Sun 28 Apr 2013
at 22:34
Re: Escape From the Lost City
Ken Jenkins:
Ken nodded. "That is exactly my thought Stanley."  He heads toward the foot of the mountain.


Lorain accepted the revolver. "Thanks. But if we take the long way, then if Liisha is still alive, we may be too late!"
Ken Jenkins
 player, 331 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Sun 28 Apr 2013
at 23:29
Re: Escape From the Lost City
Ken considered the options.  It wouldn't do to have them all killed but his marine training made him loath to leave a comrade behind.  It took only a moment.  "Head in a more direct route Stanley.  We need to get to her in time.  Still, we'll circle around on the high ground."
Neva Alexovna Morozova
 player, 208 posts
 Ex-Other Rogue
 A89982
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 01:49
Re: Escape From the Lost City
In reply to Ken Jenkins (msg # 227):

As Ken and the others talked, Neva just made sure that her weapon was fully loaded and she still had her extra clips for it with her.
Thomas Walker
 player, 130 posts
 Hunter
 896786
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 01:55
Re: Escape From the Lost City
In reply to Neva Alexovna Morozova (msg # 228):

Walker led, with Stanley.
Stanley
 NPC, 7 posts
 Native Guide
 Mirayn
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 02:12
Re: Escape From the Lost City
In reply to Thomas Walker (msg # 229):

As they moved through the swamp, Stanley nodded at Thomas.

"I am glad you are with me, friend Thomas. I see you are skilled in the way of the forest. Let us see if we can help your friend, if she is alive."
Thomas Walker
 player, 131 posts
 Hunter
 896786
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 23:41
Re: Escape From the Lost City
In reply to Stanley (msg # 230):

"We'll make sure we get your friends, too."

Walker slid into the woods, silently.
Ken Jenkins
 player, 332 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Tue 30 Apr 2013
at 00:46
Re: Escape From the Lost City
Ken followed alert and ready.  He lingered near Lorain to make sure she was handling things ok.
Neva Alexovna Morozova
 player, 209 posts
 Ex-Other Rogue
 A89982
Tue 30 Apr 2013
at 03:30
Re: Escape From the Lost City
In reply to Ken Jenkins (msg # 232):

Having reloaded, Neva followed, keeping back far enough from Stanley and Thomas so as not to give them away.  She figured if she'd stay between them and Ken she'd be in a good position and hopefully would have as good as luck with this group as the last time she used the gun.