The Search for Information.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Neva Alexovna Morozova
 player, 430 posts
 Ex-Other Rogue
 A89982
Wed 12 Nov 2014
at 14:51
Re: The Search for Information
In reply to Oliver Oliphant Oksasaellllozae (msg # 601):

Neva muttered around her food "Sure thing Ollie.  Won't take but a minute."  She then swallowed and washed it down with whatever was handy to drink.  She jumped up and grinned at Ollie.  "Right behind you Ollie.  It won't take us too long to get her ready to fly."
Thomas Walker
 player, 254 posts
 Hunter
 896786
Wed 12 Nov 2014
at 15:32
Re: The Search for Information
In reply to Neva Alexovna Morozova (msg # 602):

"Right with you, Ollie."

Walker finished his tea, and followed the others to the engineering spaces.
GM
 GM, 796 posts
 Game
 Master
Fri 14 Nov 2014
at 14:48
Re: The Search for Information
In reply to Thomas Walker (msg # 603):

The ship was ready for launch within the hour. Lorain called the Institute and had them clear the ship for a micro-Jump to the outer system. With their assistance, the flight plan was files and permission granted for lift-off.
Ken Jenkins
 player, 792 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Sat 15 Nov 2014
at 07:31
Re: The Search for Information
Ken steps into the bridge.  "Blake, Mariel, let's lift and get on the way."
Mariel Migaraa
 NPC, 20 posts
 Ex-Navy Ensign
 8597BA
Sat 15 Nov 2014
at 23:14
Re: The Search for Information
In reply to Ken Jenkins (msg # 605):

"Aye, Captain. Let's take 'er up! Stand by for liftoff. T-Minus 10."

After ten seconds, she engaged the anti-grav, lifting them off nice and easy into the morning sky.
Ken Jenkins
 player, 793 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Sun 16 Nov 2014
at 01:21
Re: The Search for Information
Ken smiled at Mariel and then remained standing in the rear of the bridge as they lifted.  He enjoyed watching the planet recede in the distance and listen and observe the pilot's at their work.
Jaxxon Zalvedes
 NPC, 43 posts
 Ex-Sailor-5
 94A797
Thu 20 Nov 2014
at 11:59
Re: The Search for Information
As they approached the J-Line, Mariel began the final prep for calculating Jumpspace coordinates. For the most part the wormhole would take care of itself but she needed to know the start and endpoint. Ships normally came to a halt relative to the closest planetary mass in order to be as accurate as possible. But their destination was a question.



She looked up from the nav workstation.

"Guys, Qarant is 1 Parsec. We have Jump-2 and so we'll have enough fuel for another Jump-1. But should I plot our Jump to the gas giant and refuel, so we have full fuel load for the powerplant and another immediate Jump-2? As well, Qarant has an ocean, although that kind of refuelling is a little unusual for a planet with a gas giant. I've never been to Qarant so I don't know the SOP."


Ken Jenkins
 player, 794 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Fri 21 Nov 2014
at 01:52
Re: The Search for Information
Ken considers.  "A J1 will let us get back here if things go bad without refueling.  Let's not waste time and head right in to the mainworld.  We can refuel at the base or the ocean at that point."
Blake Renfield
 player, 276 posts
 Ex-Scout
 589A46
Sat 22 Nov 2014
at 00:32
Re: The Search for Information
Roger that.
Mariel Migaraa
 NPC, 21 posts
 Ex-Navy Ensign
 8597BA
Sun 23 Nov 2014
at 00:58
Re: The Search for Information
Ken Jenkins:
Ken considers.  "A J1 will let us get back here if things go bad without refueling.  Let's not waste time and head right in to the mainworld.  We can refuel at the base or the ocean at that point."


"There is no fuel at the base. But I agree, it will take time to skim the gas giant for fuel and then transit to Qarant. Plus, the gas giant is where the main Hegemony base is located. If the alarm is raised that's the last place we want to be! I will plot our course to come out by the main world and not the gas giant."

As this was a routine Jump, plotting the coordinates took little extra time or effort. The calculations were set by the Navigation program, then double-checked.

"Coordinates locked-in. Jump engines and power plant are nominal, capacitors at breakthrough threshold for wormhole-induced Jumpspace insertion. Let's do it!"
Ken Jenkins
 player, 797 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Sun 23 Nov 2014
at 01:29
Re: The Search for Information
Ken considered.  "We can always pump water into the tanks and process it if need be."  He grabbed hold of a stanchion.  "Engage!"
Mariel Migaraa
 NPC, 22 posts
 Ex-Navy Ensign
 8597BA
Sun 23 Nov 2014
at 01:45
Re: The Search for Information
In reply to Ken Jenkins (msg # 612):

"If that's what we have to do, then we can do a little ocean refueling.

"Be advised, all systems are green. We are go for Jump."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:47, Sun 23 Nov 2014.

Jaxxon Zalvedes
 NPC, 44 posts
 Ex-Sailor-5
 94A797
Sun 23 Nov 2014
at 01:46
Re: The Search for Information
In reply to Ken Jenkins (msg # 612):

Jaxxon started, checking the scopes for any nearby ships or craft.

"Engage... what? Are there targets? I have no bogeys on radar!"
Ken Jenkins
 player, 798 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Sun 23 Nov 2014
at 03:45
Re: The Search for Information
Ken shook his head and chuckled. "Sorry, I meant 'engage' the drives Jaxxon.  I guess I watch too many old 3V productions."

"Go ahead and Jump then Mariel.  Let's get on the way." He readied himself for the transition.  "Heading off on the surface to the ocean might be a cover we can use if we have to sneak off to get to the Hegemony camp."
Blake Renfield
 player, 277 posts
 Ex-Scout
 589A46
Sun 23 Nov 2014
at 16:19
Re: The Search for Information
Jump immediately at the 100 D limit, or head towards the deep space site & then jump ??
Ken Jenkins
 player, 799 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Sun 23 Nov 2014
at 20:25
Re: The Search for Information
"Keep course a bit toward the deep space station but we should be able to make either jump at the 100D limit."
Mariel Migaraa
 NPC, 23 posts
 Ex-Navy Ensign
 8597BA
Tue 25 Nov 2014
at 11:49
Re: The Search for Information
In reply to Ken Jenkins (msg # 617):

Mariel pointed out, "Normal procedure would be to come to a halt (relatively speaking) and then initaite a Jump at the 100D limit. There is no reason to continue, it would be odd.

"We are at full stop now and are ready to Jump. To accelerate would mean new coordinates would need to be calculated."

Ken Jenkins
 player, 802 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Thu 27 Nov 2014
at 08:44
Re: The Search for Information
Ken shook his head. "No point in messing around Mariel, make the Jump directly to Qarant mainworld."
Blake Renfield
 player, 279 posts
 Ex-Scout
 589A46
Thu 27 Nov 2014
at 14:47
Re: The Search for Information
Once secure from jumping, Blake calls up a Quarant map to start reviewing it.  He will be looking for water holes & hiding locations.  Ken & Thomas may have some input here too.  Sometime during the jump off-time, he will also inspect the refueling gear - gas giant & surface too.

Frak, no cargo netting to break-up our ship outline ...
GM
 GM, 800 posts
 Game
 Master
Thu 27 Nov 2014
at 15:41
Re: The Search for Information
The Jump drives were engaged, and in a microsecond the wormhole formed around the ship. They entered Jumpspace without problem. Next stop, Qarant!

When Blake checked them, the ship's fuel scoops and purification plant seemed to be in order. To ocean refuel the ship would typically land in the water and then the fuel cocks would be opened, but hoses could be used as well if parked on the shore or on a wharf.
Ken Jenkins
 player, 803 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Thu 27 Nov 2014
at 21:23
Re: The Search for Information
Ken relaxed as the ship went into Jump.  "Good work Blake, Mariel, at least we're taking some action at last.  Once you get things secured come on down to the galley.  I'd like to go over our options once we get to Qarant."
Blake Renfield
 player, 280 posts
 Ex-Scout
 589A46
Fri 28 Nov 2014
at 20:28
Re: The Search for Information
Blake spends an hour or so checking ship systems & speaking with Ollie before leaving the bridge for Ken's meeting.  He does take a very specific fuel tank reading. Once satisfied, he walks in.
Ken Jenkins
 player, 804 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Sat 29 Nov 2014
at 06:39
Re: The Search for Information
Ken arrives down in the galley and with a nod to Blake pours himself a cup of coffee.  "Would you like something Blake?"
Blake Renfield
 player, 281 posts
 Ex-Scout
 589A46
Sat 29 Nov 2014
at 21:19
Re: The Search for Information
Sure, black and thanks
Ken Jenkins
 player, 806 posts
 Ex-Marine Captain
 67C889
Sun 30 Nov 2014
at 00:20
Re: The Search for Information
Ken nods and pours a second cup of the excellent coffee that Linus kept stocked in the galley.  "Here you go Blake.  So what do you think are our chances of sneaking into the diggings on Qarant?"