Within the Asteroid.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Blake Renfield
 player, 783 posts
 Ex-Scout
 589A46
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 21:53
Re: Within the Asteroid
Blake follows somewhere in the line / column / formation. Rear-guard if needed.
Linus Spruance
 player, 643 posts
 Ex-Navy Starman
 9986A7
Tue 30 Jun 2020
at 11:48
Re: Within the Asteroid
Linus picked up a shotgun and tagged along.
Billy
 player, 245 posts
 ex-Merchant
 6638A4
Tue 30 Jun 2020
at 11:53
Re: Within the Asteroid
"So the J-Drive could be screwed ..." Billy  muses, as he listens to Angus's response.
Angus McStubbin
 player, 91 posts
 ex-Belter
 A67B68
Tue 30 Jun 2020
at 12:38
Re: Within the Asteroid
"Could be, or it might just need, . . .adjusted."
GM
 GM, 1434 posts
 Game
 Master
Thu 2 Jul 2020
at 09:01
Re: Within the Asteroid
In reply to Jedec Istec (msg # 960):

They moved out from the village, on the trail of the raiding party from the day before.

Jedec easily picked up the trail. The back-trail led away from the elevator they were using to get to their forward base camp. Instead, it went in the opposite direction, leading through thick overgrown forest. The woods were not silent, filled with birdcalls and the rustle of small woodland creatures. It didn't seem likely that there were larger animals prowling around, but then this whole vessel seemed rather improbable.

After a kilometre's travel they came to a series of massive 100m long vents set in the forest floor. They had been inoperative for a long time, perhaps a century or longer. They were so overgrown that it was difficult to tell at first what they were. The tracks they followed continued past and so they followed. They came across more series of vents, also examples of the ship's incredible redundancy of design but illustrating that even that can fail over time. Finally after a few kilometres they came to an operating vent with warm moist air issuing forth from deep below, so at least something still worked. The tracks led to a closed hatch that lay on the ground to the side of the vents.
Billy
 player, 246 posts
 ex-Merchant
 6638A4
Thu 2 Jul 2020
at 10:16
Re: Within the Asteroid
As he stands looking at the hatch by the vent, Billy casts his mind back to the other vents they had passed, trying to remember if there were hatches by those as well.

OOC Question:  Does the track stop at the hatch, or carry on past it?

This message was last edited by the player at 10:17, Thu 02 July 2020.

Jedec Istec
 player, 30 posts
 Ex-Scout
 8AAA65
Thu 2 Jul 2020
at 21:57
Re: Within the Asteroid
In reply to Billy (msg # 969):

LOL.. ok, lets assume I told you what I found, and that I called you up to take a look Billy.

;)
Blake Renfield
 player, 784 posts
 Ex-Scout
 589A46
Thu 2 Jul 2020
at 23:40
Re: Within the Asteroid
blake keeps an eye to the rear.  Any writing or symbols by that hatch ??
GM
 GM, 1436 posts
 Game
 Master
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 09:48
Re: Within the Asteroid
In reply to Blake Renfield (msg # 971):

The hatch was relatively visible to the entire group through the trees. Jedec and Billy were at the hatch. Some distance behind them was Blake, then Angus, then Linus, and with Ken bringing up the rear.

Jedec and Billy (after he moved up) couldn't see any special markings or symbols near the hatch. This was important because the living quarters had symbols and markings of possibly mystical import graffitied on the walls. The tracks definitely led from the closed hatch.
Blake Renfield
 player, 785 posts
 Ex-Scout
 589A46
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 16:29
Re: Within the Asteroid
Blake marks the location on his inertial locator. Nice to know, but we can't speak with them yet. I say we move on to thew power plant.  Now if we had a camera, we could hide it somewhere to watch and get a body count from.
GM
 GM, 1438 posts
 Game
 Master
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 08:56
Re: Within the Asteroid
In reply to Blake Renfield (msg # 973):

The power plant they had mapped via neutrino scan was still quite a ways away. Several hundred metres beyond the far wall, which would require a several kilometre trek. As well, they would need to traverse at least one more "facet" of the 12-sided chamber. Perhaps two.
Billy
 player, 249 posts
 ex-Merchant
 6638A4
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 06:49
Re: Within the Asteroid
Billy takes a few moments to  look at the hatch, and the surrounding area, to see if there are tell-tale signs of regular use.

OOC:  I just noticed that we are near the 1000 posts limit for a thread.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:51, Fri 10 July 2020.

Jedec Istec
 player, 32 posts
 Ex-Scout
 8AAA65
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 14:31
Re: Within the Asteroid
In reply to GM (msg # 974):

Well I am ready to continue on. People have made note of this location etc..
Blake Renfield
 player, 787 posts
 Ex-Scout
 589A46
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 18:38
Re: Within the Asteroid
Are there any tracks heading off in our direction of travel to the power plant ??
GM
 GM, 1439 posts
 Game
 Master
Sat 11 Jul 2020
at 07:42
Re: Within the Asteroid
In reply to Blake Renfield (msg # 977):

As far as they could tell there were no tracks leading in the direction of the power plant. As it was behind several hundred metres of rock, there might not even be a direct route from this massive agricultural area.

At this point they could follow the tracks into the vent, leave the tracks behind and continue in the direction of the power source, or return.

GM Note: Once I am clear where you are going I will start a new thread. Either that or else when we get closer to 1000.
Billy
 player, 250 posts
 ex-Merchant
 6638A4
Sat 11 Jul 2020
at 08:12
Re: Within the Asteroid
"I think we should look down this hatch.  There is power down there, somewhere,  or else the vent fans wouldn't still be working.  There  will be ducts that lead to a power source, and we might be able to get into the access and tech level for this whole bio ...   Biodome." billy says struggling for quite the right word to describe this huge internal garden.
Linus Spruance
 player, 644 posts
 Ex-Navy Starman
 9986A7
Sat 11 Jul 2020
at 11:11
Re: Within the Asteroid
"All right," said Linus, peering down the hole.

"It looks a bit more like a ship down there. This place is a bit odd..."

Planet-side, he liked the outdoors. Not so much when in space...
Angus McStubbin
 player, 92 posts
 ex-Belter
 A67B68
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 12:59
Re: Within the Asteroid
In reply to Linus Spruance (msg # 980):

"I say lets find the power plant first, then the raiders. Then we got to find my scout!"
Billy
 player, 251 posts
 ex-Merchant
 6638A4
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 13:02
Re: Within the Asteroid
"So does that mean down the hole, or follow the tracks .....  " Billy asks.
Angus McStubbin
 player, 93 posts
 ex-Belter
 A67B68
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 13:07
Re: Within the Asteroid
In reply to Billy (msg # 982):

"The next hole on the other side. Following the tracks goes down this hole. I say we come back to this one but check out the power plant first. After that, scout for the scout, it might have a good power plant or jump drive on it. Because the computer misjumped doesn't mean the drive is bad."
Jedec Istec
 player, 33 posts
 Ex-Scout
 8AAA65
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 13:26
Re: Within the Asteroid
In reply to Angus McStubbin (msg # 983):

I'm with Angus.. I don't care about primitives or all the science research crap.. I want tech that gets us off this rock.
Blake Renfield
 player, 788 posts
 Ex-Scout
 589A46
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 17:41
Re: Within the Asteroid
I'm not looking for a fight right now. Going down there is invading their home turf. And since we cannot speak their language, this looks like a bad first contact situation.  The power plant is more relevant to me. Of course, Blake does not mention their initial first contact any further ...
Linus Spruance
 player, 645 posts
 Ex-Navy Starman
 9986A7
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 18:15
Re: Within the Asteroid
"All right then. Don't want to split up. Never works in the Tri-D..."

Linus grinned at Blake.

"Let's find you a power plant."
Billy
 player, 252 posts
 ex-Merchant
 6638A4
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 18:59
Re: Within the Asteroid
Billy shrugs, and prepares to move on.
GM
 GM, 1441 posts
 Game
 Master
Thu 23 Jul 2020
at 10:24
Re: Within the Asteroid
Bypassing the hatch, they continued on in the direction of the power plant.

GM Note: Please post in the new thread, thanks!