Lost Time.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
DM
 GM, 555 posts
Mon 23 May 2016
at 13:42
Lost Time
A quick walk proves one the tunnels out of the larger room is indeed collapsed. The other tunnel branches out east and west. The western branch leads to a wall with rusted iron hand holds leading upwards through the ceiling and presumably to the surface. The eastern branch ends in rubble.

Rum finds various paraphernalia relating to the worship of dark gods. The room was clearly used for some kind of religious service. It is possible that the dead continued performing tasks they once performed when they were alive.

Knowledge religion might give you more information.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:50, Mon 23 May 2016.

Ael
 Cleric of Sarenrae, 86 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
 HP 07/16
Mon 23 May 2016
at 14:14
Lost Time
Ael looks over the orc's equipment. Noting its obvious value, she strips it off the creature, noting "after they are cleaned off, someone may have use for it." She isn't so successful determining what the orc tried to accomplish. She then takes the time to channel some more healing for herself and her friends, Rum in particular. "It looks like the worship of Lamashtu died out here, and that new rituals for Rovagug were starting up."
07:12, Today: Ael rolled 10 using 1d20+6.  Knowledge Religion.
07:12, Today: Ael rolled 21 using 1d20+2.  appraise equipment.


11:42, Today: Ael rolled 3 using 1d6.  Channel Healing

This message was last edited by the player at 19:00, Mon 23 May 2016.

DM
 GM, 558 posts
Thu 26 May 2016
at 01:54
Lost Time
Ael finds that both the armor and the morningstar are masterfully made. The skullcap is magical and has the ability to make deadly blows much less harmful.

Both the armor and the weapon are made from a dwarven metal called fire forged steel.

The magic item is a Buffering Cap.

Fire Forged Steel

Updated the loot thread. Let me know who wants to claim what.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:26, Thu 26 May 2016.

Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 150 posts
 AC: 18/15/15
 Saves: 5/6/2
Thu 26 May 2016
at 07:29
Lost Time
Rum nodded "Ok, let's go get the others quickly... see if we can rest the rest of the day... I very much need it", he said as he eyed the different items "Some of you wear this I think" he said eyeing Kyomi and Ylea...  "Ylea because she is mainly frontline and Kyomi... well, girl.. you don't look like you can take much of a beating"

This message was last edited by the player at 08:30, Thu 26 May 2016.

Ael
 Cleric of Sarenrae, 88 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
 HP 10/16
Thu 26 May 2016
at 07:38
Lost Time
Ael looks at the morningstar at her hip. "The orc's 'star looks better than mine, but since I usually use my scimitar in close combat, we might as well sell it off when we get the chance." Ael nods her agreement with Rum.
Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 395 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 19/19
 F+2/R+8/W+3, AC 18/14/14
Thu 26 May 2016
at 07:43
Lost Time

Ylea shrugged.

"Since we're in no conditions to sell anything until we've stopped this catastrophe, you should just hold on those for now, Ael - you never know when having an extra weapon might come in handy."

She raised her newly acquired spear for emphasis, then nodded in Rum's direction as she added:

"And Rum's right - we should get the others now that we've cleared the area, so that everybody can rest."
Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 151 posts
 AC: 18/15/15
 Saves: 5/6/2
Mon 30 May 2016
at 07:20
Lost Time
Rum waited for the others to take the stuff, "Let us get on the way then" he said and bent to pick one of the corpses "Let's profit the way out to leave these outside.. I'd rather not sleep next to these things".
DM
 GM, 561 posts
Tue 31 May 2016
at 15:25
Lost Time
You spend some time moving corpses out of the complex. During the number of trips you don't see any sign of more undead lingering in the area. After an hour and a half you have disposes of the bodies and while the area is covered in blood still its looks slightly more appealing. You camouflage the entrance as best you can and set off for the basement where the others remained behind.

You take a circuitous route and while you see no undead you also see no survivors. After a few hours your arrive back at the covered trapdoor. You open it and head down to find Kazumi's blade waiting for you. She sighs with relief and lowers the blade once she realizes your not some kind of monsters.

Thomas is still sleeping his breathing is much less labored. Ristan rises from one of the cots apparently he'd been asleep as well. Dahlia however is no where to be seen.
Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 403 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 19/19
 F+2/R+8/W+3, AC 18/14/14
Thu 2 Jun 2016
at 11:29
Lost Time

Ylea smiled at Kazumi, then shouted toward the two magicians:

"We've cleared the underground complex! It wasn't overly hard, and it should be easy enough to defend once we move in - it has only two entrances, and one is an easily blocked stairwell."

She then paused, looking around again, and then asked, brows furrowed:

"Where is Dahlia?"
Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 152 posts
 AC: 18/15/15
 Saves: 5/6/2
Thu 2 Jun 2016
at 15:53
Lost Time
Rum nodded at Kazumi and started packing the goods and everything for better transportation "Can all of you walk ? we should leave before night falls" he said as he tried different combinations for transporting the load.
DM
 GM, 564 posts
Thu 2 Jun 2016
at 16:10
Lost Time
Ristan roused from his sleep and sat up blinking at the four of you. Thomas never stirred but you could hear him snoring quietly. Kazumi answered Ylea ”She was supposed to wake me up for my watch. When I woke she was gone. She kept insisting that her family had to have survived and wanted to go looking for them. I pleaded with her to stay and she agreed. I should have figured she was lying.” Kazumi lowered her head and after a few moments went to help Rum with the provisions.

Ristan blinked sleep from his eyes and approached the five of you ”Thomas won’t be able to walk. He’s barely been awake; and when he is he isn’t lucent. I don’t think we have time to wait. Do you think we can carry him there?”
Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 404 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 19/19
 F+2/R+8/W+3, AC 18/14/14
Thu 2 Jun 2016
at 16:18
Lost Time

Ylea let out a long breath.

"I suppose that's par for the curse with her... I was supposed to keep an eye on her for our moms, you know?"

She paused, clearly thinking it over, then lowered her head and concluded:

"Well, whatever she wants to do, I think we have a best chance to save our families by meddling with the past. I'll go looking for her once this whole disaster has been settled."

Then she turned toward the wizard and said, with a shrug:

"I think I should be able to carry him, but don't expect me to be able to fight or do anything useful while I'm doing that - I am pretty worthless when I can't move at my full speed."
DM
 GM, 565 posts
Thu 2 Jun 2016
at 16:20
Lost Time
"We might be better off carrying the cot between us. Use it as a litter?” Ristan suggested.
Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 405 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 19/19
 F+2/R+8/W+3, AC 18/14/14
Thu 2 Jun 2016
at 16:31
Lost Time

OOC:
As she has 13 STR, an heavy load for Ylea is 150 lb, so unless the Wizard is really weighty, she should be able to carry him on her own. That said, I'm sure that having help won't be too much of a problem. :)

The elf shrugged.

"If you think that's better, I'm fine with doing it that way as well."
Ael
 Cleric of Sarenrae, 92 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
 HP 10/16
Thu 2 Jun 2016
at 16:37
Lost Time
Ael offers to aid in transferring the patient,  since she needs to monitor him as they do so. (Strength 14.)
DM
 GM, 566 posts
Thu 2 Jun 2016
at 16:37
Lost Time
He was mainly suggesting it as the wizard is injured. The cot would cause less stress to his body than being over someone's shoulder or cradled in their arms.
Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 153 posts
 AC: 18/15/15
 Saves: 5/6/2
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 13:15
Lost Time
Rum nodded looking at the man lying on the cot... he left all the packages prepared and bent down to see if he could adjust some pieces of wood to the mattress of the cot to be able to pull from it with the man lying on top.

Indian style
DM
 GM, 567 posts
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 13:27
Lost Time
What does Indian style refer to? Is it the position now named crisscross applesauce. (due to political correctness) Or am I way off base?
Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 154 posts
 AC: 18/15/15
 Saves: 5/6/2
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 15:16
Lost Time
I have no idea what you are talking about...  really..... i mean the typical way american indians usually carry injured in the films...
DM
 GM, 568 posts
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 15:28
Lost Time
Alright. When you say Indian style here it refers to this.

http://everhear.com/criss-cros...e-w-sitting-posture/

Which is now called criss cross applesauce.

Are you referring to something like this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travois

Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 155 posts
 AC: 18/15/15
 Saves: 5/6/2
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 22:13
Lost Time
Yes, exactly the second one...  :)
DM
 GM, 569 posts
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 03:32
Lost Time
Rum manages to construct a rather passable litter something that will make transporting Thomas easier while not jostling the wizard much.

When he has finished the others have packed away all of the provisions and are ready to depart.

Any last ideas/thoughts before traveling? Or should I just move us forward?
Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 156 posts
 AC: 18/15/15
 Saves: 5/6/2
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 06:19
Lost Time
I think pack everything, Secure the time travel potion as much as we can to avoid any accidents and go back. It's probably save to move forward ?
Ael
 Cleric of Sarenrae, 93 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
 HP 10/16
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 06:27
Lost Time
Ael thinks its time to move this puppy forward. Watching over her patient, of course....
Kyomi Yukimura
 Sorcerer, 121 posts
 HP 14/14 AC:14,T:11,FF:11
 Saves: Fort:2 Ref:3 Wil:4
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 15:47
Lost Time
Kyomi offers to carry most of the groups belongings, as she wanted to help and to an extent make up for her own perceived uselessness when they where dealing with the undead.