Lost Time.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Kyomi Yukimura
 Sorcerer, 66 posts
Wed 3 Feb 2016
at 15:51
Lost Time
Kyomi started to sort the potions out, she put the yellow ones together and the green and white ones together. After that she placed the blue potions and the funnel to the other side. "So the yellow ones are light curative potions, the green and white ones neutralize poison and the blue ones I couldn't identify, but they have a conjuration aura to them, so they could be stronger curative potions and I have no idea what funnel is, only that it gives of a transmutation aura".
Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 319 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 19/19
 F+2/R+8/W+3, AC 18/14/14
Wed 3 Feb 2016
at 16:15
Lost Time

Ylea frowned, then asked:

"You got these blue potions and the funnle in the past, yes? Why bother taking them if you didn't knew what they'd do?"

She paused, then offered with a smirk:

"Not that I don't understand the thrill of taking what's not yours just for fun, mind, but it seems like that woul be less of a priority in our current circumstances."
Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 98 posts
 AC: 18/14/14
 Saves: 5/6/2
Thu 4 Feb 2016
at 07:12
Lost Time
Rum looked at Ylea as if she had a problem in her head "Time was short, took what we could figuring if it was important for the temple it might be for us too... we surely did not loose any time criticising any other peoples actions. ".

He paused and relaxing his tone he asked "How was your run anyways ?"
Ael
 Cleric of Sarenrae, 43 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
Thu 4 Feb 2016
at 08:54
Lost Time
"Ylea, these bodies were killed in the earthquake. Three days ago. Since then, they were raised as zombies, and slain yet again in combat" Ael concludes. "As for the potions and the funnel, they all had magical properties. On the off chance they would be useful, I decided to rescue them all from destruction. In our current circumstances, we need all the tools we can secure, wouldn't you agree?" the priestess asks.
Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 320 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 19/19
 F+2/R+8/W+3, AC 18/14/14
Thu 4 Feb 2016
at 13:00
Lost Time

Ylea chuckled at Rum's comment, then turned to Ael.

"But how could we make use of tools we don't understand the use of? I'm just being practical here."

Then, her brows furrowed.

"The damage on the bodies made you determine that the heartquake was three days ago? You mean we weren't returned to our time, but pushed two days into the future?"
DM
 GM, 421 posts
Fri 5 Feb 2016
at 05:09
Lost Time
Good question. I'll let you all ruminate on that and move things along once you discuss.
Ael
 Cleric of Sarenrae, 44 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
Fri 5 Feb 2016
at 06:05
Lost Time
"Yes. I wonder.....is our time displacement in the present time a direct correlation to the amount of time we spent in the past? Something to ponder." Ael says as she heads back in to join the others.
Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 99 posts
 AC: 18/14/14
 Saves: 5/6/2
Fri 5 Feb 2016
at 07:11
Lost Time
Rum grunted he was in no humour to think about things he knew would not understand. He was worried about his sister's fate. He had suspected her to be in the city, but did not know where. "If we have gone to the future, maybe they thought the potions did not work... you know... got tired of waiting or something ?. I'd say we go out check if we can find them."

OOC: i am not sure I got your reply DM, do we hold the potions to go back to the past or not ?.
Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 321 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 19/19
 F+2/R+8/W+3, AC 18/14/14
Fri 5 Feb 2016
at 08:29
Lost Time

Ylea nodded.

"That seems like the best idea; the potion did send us back to the time they thought it would, which means they work. And that makes those magicians our best bet to keep this disaster from happening."

She paused, then asked the others:

"Is any of you good at following tracks? I have some skill at it, but if one of you is a professional at it, then i'll leave it up to them to try and find the magicians' trail."
DM
 GM, 424 posts
Wed 10 Feb 2016
at 04:47
Lost Time
As you discussed the scene outside and the discrepancy in the timeline you heard scuffling from outside then the trapdoor was swung open. Two men stumbled down the stairs. Thomas had his arm around Ristan and the two labored towards one of the cots; while Ristan seemed quite dazed Thomas was clearly surprised to see all of you. Ristan was injured a ragged gash in his armor and torn flesh beneath still oozed blood.

When Ristan was lying on the bloodstained cot Thomas turned and regarded each of you. "You came back! We thought we lost you..." he said looking to you for some kind of explanation.
Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 322 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 19/19
 F+2/R+8/W+3, AC 18/14/14
Wed 10 Feb 2016
at 10:32
Lost Time

Ylea shrugged.

"We went to the time you designated, spent about half an hour there, then we felt a sudden pain and were jerked forward in time to just a few minutes ago. You can be happy to know your potion works."

She then nodded in the direction of his wounded fellow.

"Did you run into some trouble?"
Ael
 Cleric of Sarenrae, 45 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
Wed 10 Feb 2016
at 12:59
Lost Time
Ael goes forward to treat the wounded. As she works, she comments "I believe there is a displacement effect based on the amount of time spent in the past, possibly because we were already there. I suspect it is logarithmic in function, rather than linear."

Healing check 25.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:00, Wed 10 Feb 2016.

Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 100 posts
 AC: 18/14/14
 Saves: 5/6/2
Wed 10 Feb 2016
at 13:02
Lost Time
Rum looked at Ael as if she was speaking some sort of weird language, "How long has it passed since we left ?" he asked.
Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 323 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 19/19
 F+2/R+8/W+3, AC 18/14/14
Wed 10 Feb 2016
at 14:59
Lost Time

Ylea took charge of answering that.

"About three days, going by Ael's reading of the bodies, I believe?"

She looked at the medic for confirmation.
DM
 GM, 425 posts
Wed 10 Feb 2016
at 16:47
Lost Time
Thomas nodded when Ylea answered Rum's question "By our count it has been three days. There must have been an issue with the formulation of the potion. If Ristan were in better condition he would be able to expound on the implications.” Ristan had fallen asleep while Ael checked his wounds; they were severe but not life threatening. Ael used some items from a healing kit to help prevent infection and replaced the bandages. The wounds themselves were claw marks, more like gouges made from human fingers than animals, they were shallow but ragged.

When Ael finished Thomas seemed more at ease ”Maybe ten hours after you left we heard noise outside. We had hoped there were more survivors and we were heartened when we saw people stumbling through the dust clouds and over the debris. We rushed out to their aid only to have them attack us savagely. We managed to fend off most of them but Ristan was injured and it greatly reduced our capacity to resist them; ever since we have been looking for somewhere more defensible possibly with a second means of egress.” the man sat down on a cot and looked weary beyond his years ”We believe we have found such a place but as we ventured inside we found it overrun with the dead as well. We fled from there a few hours ago. We took a longer route back here, I was afraid Ristan wouldn’t make it, but we needed to lead them away as far as we could.” Thomas stopped there his story apparently ending with them finding you returned from the past.

”Now tell me what you experienced in the past?”
Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 324 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 19/19
 F+2/R+8/W+3, AC 18/14/14
Wed 10 Feb 2016
at 17:14
Lost Time

Ylea smiled, sitting down on the nearbiest available place to do so and crossing her legs as she answered:

"I bought food for an urchin, asked the bread vendor what time it was as an extraplanar visitor feeling a bit out of focus, which confirmed your potion worked, and observed a masked man empty a jar of a strange liquid into the sewers, which I didn't stop since you said that we were only to check that the potion worked and not do anything else. The others went to recover supplies."

She gestured in direction of the rest of the group, then offered a wry smirk as she asked:

"Say, what do you expect would have happened if I had attempted to stop the guy with the jar? I considered doing so, but in the end decided against, mostly due to your words - so I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter."
Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 101 posts
 AC: 18/14/14
 Saves: 5/6/2
Thu 11 Feb 2016
at 07:40
Lost Time
Rum shrugged "I try not to dwell in the past... funny as that may sound given what we have seen...". He paused, "As for us, we ran to the temple and got these potions in case they were of use now... at any rate, they were to be destroyed by the quake so..."
DM
 GM, 426 posts
Thu 11 Feb 2016
at 12:56
Lost Time
Thomas contemplated Ylea's question "I don't know for sure. You might have changed something in the past that would alter the future in unknown ways. It could have had caused an inconsequential outcome or it could have been monumental; at this point without full understanding of what has happened it is probably best you didn't stop him. In the future I think we will have to take that leap and change the past to see how it affects our present." Thomas retrieves an in pen and parchment from a corner of the room and begins to sketch what looks like a map. ”Right now I think our best use of time will be to explore the underground complex we scouted and eradicate the dead that are infesting it. With that done we will be able to move all that we have here to a more secure location. Are you willing to help us with this?” he asked anxiously.
Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 325 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 19/19
 F+2/R+8/W+3, AC 18/14/14
Thu 11 Feb 2016
at 13:12
Lost Time

Ylea grinned at that.

"Sure, a bit of action is always fun. And what better opponents than undeniably evil undeads?"

She chuckled, then paused and added, more serious:

"Also, if any of you has a means of magical communication, I'd really like to use it - I want to check on a few people, see how they fared through the crisis, which might even help us solve it. Is that doable?"
DM
 GM, 427 posts
Fri 12 Feb 2016
at 03:24
Lost Time
"I have the means to send messages but only to those I am acquainted with. I'm afraid it would not help." Thomas said to Ylea with as much sympathy as he could muster.
Ael
 Cleric of Sarenrae, 46 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
Fri 12 Feb 2016
at 05:08
Lost Time
"Eradicating undead? Always a worthy endeavor" says Ael.
Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 102 posts
 AC: 18/14/14
 Saves: 5/6/2
Fri 12 Feb 2016
at 07:18
Lost Time
Rum is not so sure about it, killing undead for the sport of it, was a pretty dangerous endeavour with very little good to it, if they did not accomplish their final goal. "You are sure, we need to get that place for us ?... if that is the case, then lets go, but if we can make do with something else then... why take the risk ?"
DM
 GM, 428 posts
Fri 12 Feb 2016
at 12:27
Lost Time
"We could spend days searching for another location, if one indeed still exists, but the threat of the dead seems to be present almost everywhere. Those that perished in the collapse seem to be rising at an alarming rate. With their numbers it is only a matter of time before something breaks through our trapdoor and overwhelms us here."

Thomas then lays down another piece of parchment. This one shows districts of Absalom he circles two areas that are relatively close to one another. "Safety is just on reason to claim this complex. We also know of it's entrance within Absalom and it resides only a short distance from our laboratories. If we are going to be able to make any lasting impacts we will need our supplies and research, well some of our supplies at least, we have the means for one more trip back in time. This will be our aim once we have relocated."
Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 103 posts
 AC: 18/14/14
 Saves: 5/6/2
Fri 12 Feb 2016
at 12:57
Lost Time
Rum nodded as he listened "Ok, those are sound arguments. Let's get going with this... if the rest of you are in agreement".
Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 327 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 19/19
 F+2/R+8/W+3, AC 18/14/14
Fri 12 Feb 2016
at 13:55
Lost Time

Ylea had looked a bit sad at the wizard's words on helping her contact her family, but after Rum spoke, she shook herself out of it and said, in a upbeat tone:

"Sure. The whole point of going around solving problems is the fun of being facing those problems in the first place, and this sounds like a problem that would need facing anyway, sooner or later. Might as well do so now."

She grinned at the former slave, then glanced back at the wizard and added, in a thoughtful tone:

"I understand what you say, and if it's impossible, I'll just accept it - but if you could look into some way to do it in your spare time, I'd be very grateful. It's really important to me."