Ripples.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 455 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 16/24
 F+3/R+9/W+3, AC 19/15/14
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 08:29
Ripples

Ylea laughed as Rum fell one of their opponents, then stepped on the corpse even as she mocked the one surviving enemy:

"Come on now, if this is the best you can do, there's gonna be no satisfaction in taking you all down!"

And, to punctuate her comment, she once again thrust her rapier on the enemy...

OOC:
5ft step to K17
Standard Action: rapier attack on enemy #5

10:25, Today: Ylea Serkan rolled 22 using 1d20+9.  Rapier Attack.
10:26, Today: Ylea Serkan rolled 8 using 1d6+4.  Rapier damage.

DM
 GM, 669 posts
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 14:08
Ripples
Round
11

CharacterInitiative
Ael15Up Next
Rum15
Kyomi08
Ylea06
Robed Men03

CharacterDamage
Robed Figure 131
Robed Figure 227
Robed Caster5
Robed Figure 433
Robed Figure 58
Robed Caster 615
Ael 
Kyomi 
Rum 
Ylea8

CharacterOn Going EffectDuration
AelBless3 Hours
AelShield of Faith28 rounds
KyomiBless3 Hours
RumBless3 Hours
RumBull's Strength20 Rounds
YleaBless3 Hours
Robed CasterAsleep22 Rounds

PackingRounds Left
Lab44
Room14

Ylea's attack injures the swordsman and returns the attack in kind his badly aimed attack is batted aside by Ylea and she thrusts her weapon forward when his arm flies wide. The rapier misses its mark tearing some of the black robes. The robed caster, relying on his spell to keep him safe, begins casting a spell leaving an opening for Ael. The priestess misses the caster and he manages to finish his spell sending a fan of flames out at Ael.

Refelex Save from Ael please. 6 Damage or half if save is made. DC 13.


This message was last edited by the GM at 14:59, Thu 01 Sept 2016.

Ael
 Cleric of Sarenrae, 129 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
 HP 22/22
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 14:54
Ripples
Ael easily overcomes the compulsion against attacking the other cleric. But her blade fails to penetrate her enemies' defenses.


Attack with scimitar 11 on d20+5. Miss.
DM
 GM, 670 posts
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 15:00
Ripples
See edited post above. Ael is up and needs a reflex save.
Ael
 Cleric of Sarenrae, 130 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
 HP 22/22
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 15:07
Ripples
Ael fails to realize what is being cast until it is too late. The flames scorch her, causing an already weak slash to fail completely.


08:03, Today: Ael rolled 6 using 1d20+2.  Reflex save. Feh!
08:05, Today: Ael rolled 7 using 1d20+5.  Scimitar attack.Feh on toast!
DM
 GM, 671 posts
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 15:20
Ripples
Ael misses her mark after taking burns to her forearms as she shields her face from the onrushing flames.

Rum is up. Previous map still is in effect.
Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 190 posts
 AC: 18/15/15
 Saves: 5/6/2
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 15:37
Ripples
Rum saw Ael  burn through the corner of his eye, turning back to the standing man in front of him he whispered to him savagely as tense fingers grabbed between the man's ribs trying to tear them apart "You damned.... die now !!!", his fingers, tearing through the man's flesh making a terrible sound .

16:33, Today: Rum rolled 7 using 2d6.  Extra dmg Boar Style.
16:33, Today: Rum rolled 23,12 using 1d20+9,1d6+8.  Attack 2.
16:33, Today: Rum rolled 20,9 using 1d20+9,1d6+8.  Attack 1.
That would be 28dmg in total.

DM
 GM, 672 posts
Thu 1 Sep 2016
at 15:41
Ripples
Round
11

CharacterInitiative
Ael15
Rum15
Kyomi08Up Next
Ylea06
Robed Men03

CharacterDamage
Robed Figure 131
Robed Figure 227
Robed Caster5
Robed Figure 433
Robed Figure 536
Robed Caster 615
Ael6
Kyomi 
Rum 
Ylea8

CharacterOn Going EffectDuration
AelBless3 Hours
AelShield of Faith28 rounds
KyomiBless3 Hours
RumBless3 Hours
RumBull's Strength20 Rounds
YleaBless3 Hours
Robed CasterAsleep22 Rounds

PackingRounds Left
Lab44
Room14


The man cries out in pain but his cry turns into a gurgling cough as he spasms and slumps to the ground unconscious.

Kyomi is up again.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:39, Tue 06 Sept 2016.

Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 457 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 16/24
 F+3/R+9/W+3, AC 19/15/14
Sat 3 Sep 2016
at 09:09
Ripples
Ylea shook her head at seeing the enemy fall to the ground, then rushed toward Ael, drawing her crossbow and dropping her rapier as she did before firing into the cleric's opponent as soon as she had line of sight on it.


OOC:
Free Actio: dropping my rapier
Move Action: moving from K 17 to F 19 + drawing light crossbow
Standard Action: crossbow attack on enemy #6.

Now, whe I made my roll I added a +2 for flanking, and with the crossbow I need to pay 1 to have Deadly Aim active, so my real attack result is 19 when all is said and done. Also, I am almost certain my enemy has soft cover on me from Ael. However, I can pay 1 Grit point to aim my crossbow bolt at Touch AC, which I do; hopefully that'll compensate?

Lastly, since Crossbow use d8 and not d6, I rerolled the damage in the (looking increasingly unlikely) case that it applies.

18:01, Today: Ylea Serkan rolled 8 using 1d8+2.  Deadly Aim Crossbow damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:56, Wed 07 Sept 2016.

DM
 GM, 674 posts
Sat 3 Sep 2016
at 15:30
Ripples
The only enemy left is the caster inside. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
DM
 GM, 675 posts
Tue 6 Sep 2016
at 11:46
Ripples
Round
11

CharacterInitiative
Ael15
Rum15
Ylea06
Kyomi06Up Next
Robed Men03

CharacterDamage
Robed Figure 131
Robed Figure 227
Robed Caster5
Robed Figure 433
Robed Figure 536
Robed Caster 623
Ael6
Kyomi 
Rum 
Ylea8

CharacterOn Going EffectDuration
AelBless3 Hours
AelShield of Faith28 rounds
KyomiBless3 Hours
RumBless3 Hours
RumBull's Strength20 Rounds
YleaBless3 Hours
Robed CasterAsleep22 Rounds

PackingRounds Left
Lab44
Room14

Ylea's crossbow bolt finds it's way into the caster's side. The shot causing him to jerk sharply in pain and he reaches to pull the bolt free leaving blood on his hands.

You say your attack is a 1.

I count it at 14. Rolled 11 (+8 Ranged,+1 Bless,-4 In Melee,-2 Cover,

Assuming you left off a digit. Calling it a hit vs. touch.

Kyomi can act once again.

DM
 GM, 677 posts
Thu 8 Sep 2016
at 15:07
Ripples
Round
11

CharacterInitiative
Ael15Up Next
Rum15
Ylea06
Kyomi06
Robed Men03

CharacterDamage
Robed Figure 142
Robed Figure 238
Robed Caster16
Robed Figure 433
Robed Figure 536
Robed Caster 623
Ael6
Kyomi 
Rum 
Ylea8

CharacterOn Going EffectDuration
AelBless3 Hours
AelShield of Faith27 rounds
KyomiBless3 Hours
RumBless3 Hours
RumBull's Strength19 Rounds
YleaBless3 Hours
Robed CasterAsleep21 Rounds

PackingRounds Left
Lab43
Room14

Kyomi continues to pack lab equipment. Seeing his options dwindling the man steps back and draws forth a strange holy symbol presenting it to the room and chanting in a strange language. Black energy pours from the symbol tugging at your life force. The black energy washes over his comrades and all but the sleeping man spasm before going still. He likely just killed all of his allies. The sleeping man stirs groaning in pain.

11 Negative Energy Damage to everyone. Will save for half. This will also wake the sleeping caster as he takes the damage too.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:39, Thu 08 Sept 2016.

Ael
 Cleric of Sarenrae, 132 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
 HP 22/22
Thu 8 Sep 2016
at 15:21
Ripples
OOC: No. The enemy energy effect is likely only 30' radius, like my own. So it'll hit me, Rum, and Robed Men #s 1,2,&3. That's all.

Ael tries to place the deity associated with the unholy symbol as she attempts to overcome the negative energy. The positive energy she pours out herself is feeble in comparison, but the healing only strikes herself and Kyomi.

08:15, Today: Ael rolled 20 using 1d20+7.  Knowledge Religion.
08:15, Today: Ael rolled 15 using 1d20+6.  Will Save.

08:15, Today: Ael rolled 2 using 2d6.  Channel Healing to allies ,30' radius.

Selective Channel. Healing only reaches Ael and Rum.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:41, Thu 08 Sept 2016.

DM
 GM, 678 posts
Thu 8 Sep 2016
at 15:39
Ripples
You're part right based on targeting of the square. He can hit Ael, Rum, 1, 2, 3. I had just taken 30' distances from the enemy previously and not drawn the radius.
DM
 GM, 679 posts
Fri 9 Sep 2016
at 11:28
Ripples
Round
11

CharacterInitiative
Ael15
Rum15Up Next
Ylea06
Kyomi06
Robed Men03

CharacterDamage
Robed Figure 142
Robed Figure 238
Robed Caster16
Robed Figure 433
Robed Figure 536
Robed Caster 623
Ael9
Kyomi 
Rum9 or 3
Ylea8

CharacterOn Going EffectDuration
AelBless3 Hours
AelShield of Faith27 rounds
KyomiBless3 Hours
RumBless3 Hours
RumBull's Strength19 Rounds
YleaBless3 Hours
Robed CasterAsleep21 Rounds

PackingRounds Left
Lab43
Room14

Ael takes some damage from the dark energy while a few of the men nearby perish. Ael and Rum are healed slightly by the priestess's retort.

Rum is up. Don't forget to make your will save.
DM
 GM, 683 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 00:50
Ripples
Round
11

CharacterInitiative
Ael15
Rum15
Ylea06
Kyomi06
Robed Men03

CharacterDamage
Robed Figure 142
Robed Figure 238
Robed Caster16
Robed Figure 433
Robed Figure 536
Robed Caster 630
Ael9
Kyomi 
Rum9
Ylea8

CharacterOn Going EffectDuration
AelBless3 Hours
AelShield of Faith27 rounds
KyomiBless3 Hours
RumBless3 Hours
RumBull's Strength19 Rounds
YleaBless3 Hours
Robed CasterAsleep21 Rounds

PackingRounds Left
Lab43
Room14

Rum crosses the room quickly and drives a fist into the spellcaster covered face with an audible crunch. The man jerks backwards stumbles to one side and lands face down on the glass covered table.

End Combat.
Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 464 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 16/24
 F+3/R+9/W+3, AC 19/15/14
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 08:19
Ripples

Ylea chuckled as the last enemy fell, and then said:

"Well, that was less satisfying then expected, but you can't have anything, I suppose."

She returned the crossbow to her side, then moved to retrieve the rapier as she continued:

"I'm going back to finish collecting all the reagents; Rum, if you want to check the bodies for anything interesting and then help Ael and Kyomi in packing them in the hole alongside the other stuff we need to take, that'd be great."
Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 192 posts
 AC: 18/15/15
 Saves: 5/6/2
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 08:22
Ripples
"Ok... you guys continue with the gathering of things... I am going to try to block those doors first, and then remove everything that these guys may hold..." he started moving quickly kicking here and there the bodies on the floor to make sure they continued unconscious "I don't know how much longer we have... I mean how long the potion will last... but we will take off the bodies last of all... if we don't move them before the potion pulls us back to our time, at least we will know if these things can change the future or not...".

As he continued moving, and finished blocking the doors, he started frisking all the bodies, and removing anything and everything that might prove a clue as to what they were, or of any value... he hoped against hope that they might hold a parchment or instructions of some sort. "At any rate, I see two options... either they came to stop us from stealing... that is, from the future to avoid our steps to change the future... or, they were the original robbers... I hope to find something that gives us a clue.. but..."
Ael
 Cleric of Sarenrae, 134 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
 HP 22/22
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 08:47
Ripples
Ael moves to help store the reagents and glassware. As she moves to resume packing, she sends a wave of restoration to herself and her allies. She tells Rum "that last guy Is a cleric. Make sure you get his holy symbol. It'll help us identify our enemy."

8 rolled on 2d6. Channel Healing on allies,  30' radius.
DM
 GM, 684 posts
Thu 15 Sep 2016
at 01:22
Ripples
Rum managed to drag the bodies outside into the room and then leverage the broken doors back into place. The doors no longer fit in place but they obscured the vision of anyone looking in. The lab and reagents were quickly packed inside the portable hole and the bodies of the men were searched.

All totaled the men were carrying two hundred and eighty gold. The two casters each carried a holy symbol. All of the men carried a strange looking sword and wore well made armor. Four of them in chainmail and the two casters in breastplate.

The symbols look like this. They can be identified with knowledge religion.

The swords are temple swords.



Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 193 posts
 AC: 18/15/15
 Saves: 5/6/2
Thu 15 Sep 2016
at 07:12
Ripples
"Have a look at this" said Rum showing the symbol to the rest "I've no idea of religion, but... I am not sure if I have seen these somewhere else here in the city... anyway, lets bring all of this back to those wizards".

08:09, Today: Rum rolled 23 using 1d20+5.  Knowledge Local.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:32, Thu 15 Sept 2016.

Ael
 Cleric of Sarenrae, 135 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
 HP 22/22
Thu 15 Sep 2016
at 07:25
Ripples
Ael takes a temple sword and goes ahead with the idea of taking a dead body along as well. She tries to identify the holy symbol .

Knowledge Religion 23 on d20+7.
DM
 GM, 685 posts
Fri 16 Sep 2016
at 00:50
Ripples
Between Ael and Rum you can piece together a number of facts about the robed men. They are all Vudrani and all seem to be worshipers of Dhalavei.

The closest home to the Vudrani is Qadira across the sea to the east of Absalom. These men, who worship Dahlavei, are most likely from the island of Jalmery which is far south of Absalom. Dahlavei herself is a lawful evil deity often known as The Unsuspected Rot or Goddess of internal decay.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:49, Fri 16 Sept 2016.

Rum
 Winding Path Brawler, 194 posts
 AC: 18/15/15
 Saves: 5/6/2
Fri 16 Sep 2016
at 07:51
Ripples
"Beautiful... hmm ok, if we are done here, I'd say to try to use this money to buy ourselves a Cure Light Wounds Wand if we can before moving back... What do you think ?"

OOC: I don't know about the rest, if we are done here, I am happy to do a wrap-up post to bring us back (including the shopping if everyone agrees and there is time for that) and not keep kazumi waiting.
Ylea Serkan
 Bolt Ace Swash, 465 posts
 Elf, Age 121, HP 16/24
 F+3/R+9/W+3, AC 19/15/14
Fri 16 Sep 2016
at 08:03
Ripples
Ylea chuckled.

"I think that I'd prefer not to pay for anything we take, since we might need the money in the future and the people here won't have very long to benefit from having them, but if the question is about stocking up on supplies before we go back to the future, then you won't hear me complaining, regardless of the way we go about getting them."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:03, Fri 16 Sept 2016.