Act I, Scene Two: About Town.   Posted by The Gamesmaster.Group: 0
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 84 posts
Mon 11 Feb 2013
at 02:58
Act I, Scene Two: About Town
The death of Baron Bluestone has sent shockwaves throughout the city-port. Bewildered locals are grouped here and there, recounting the tragic events that you were a part of. It is up to you to see that justice is done! Somewhere in the town lie the solutions to the Reaver's riddles, and to stand any chance of catching up with him, it seems you must play his little game.

Lady Carolina pays for room and board at the finest inn in the city while you search for clues and she assigns one of her handmaidens to assist you around the city and act as a go she assigns one of her handmaidens to assist you around the city and act as a go between - the lady herself is in mourning and having to deal with the affairs of Kallamehr so clearly cannot accompany you herself.


At Vithrain's request you are provided with a map of the city of Kallamehr:


Vithrain
 player, 63 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Mon 11 Feb 2013
at 08:14
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
In reply to The Gamesmaster (msg # 1):

As there is only one inn listed on the map, is that where we are staying?? Because if so it's also the one we need to search.
The Handmaiden
 player, 1 post
Tue 12 Feb 2013
at 22:27
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
A young lady, dressed in leather, with a dark veil (oriental style) and covered witha a large, dark cloak, comes to welcome you at the Inn: "Hello, my name is Chadda and Lady Carolina asked me to accompany you in your mission. I can help you as a combat medic. Did you have a chance to go to the city armoury and get the weapons that you need?"She lets the cloak open a bit and you can see that she has at least six knives attached to various belts.
Her eyes have heavy make up and you are not sure if she is one of the handmaidens that you have seen before.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:28, Tue 12 Feb 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 31 posts
 Adventurer
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 15:14
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
Tarrian shakes her head.  "We are armed already," she tells the handmaiden.  "However, a guide is most welcome.  Do you know our task?

"We are to visit several places in the city.  One is the Nautical Academy, the other a tavern called the Parrot In A Cage.  Given the choice, my illustrious companion Mannath has decided we should start at the tavern."
  She shoots her travelling companion a wry smirk.  "Can you take us there?  I believe it's on the other side of the market square?"
Mannath
 player, 46 posts
 Rogue
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 16:06
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
Mannath looked enviously at Chadda's armaments. "A trip to the armoury might be fun. I quite fancy getting me some of those throwing knives."

He shoots a look a Tarrian. "Hey, nothing wrong with beginning any journey in a tavern... or ending one there for that matter!"
The Handmaiden
 player, 2 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 18:16
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
"I came to Kallamehr with Mylady, when she married with the Baron, and I passed most of my time with her, but I hope I can guide you through the city. To start, let me show where the armory is, then we can go to the tavern"
Elstarir
 player, 56 posts
 Archer
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 21:39
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
After the funeral the young Elf had spent time at the armoury making new arrows. Now fully equiped he waited next to his brother silently for the mission to start.
Vithrain
 player, 66 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 14 Feb 2013
at 09:17
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
Interestingly enough Vithrain stood quietly by, with a slight smile about his eyes and mouth. When the young miss had said about the armoury he had given barely a perceptible nod to her. She had seen his acknowledgement however and accepted it.
Mannath
 player, 47 posts
 Rogue
Thu 14 Feb 2013
at 13:41
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
In reply to The Handmaiden (msg # 6):

"Sounds good to me. Let's go!"
Elstarir
 player, 57 posts
 Archer
Thu 14 Feb 2013
at 15:44
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
Elstarir looked at his brother with a smirk on his face and nudged him with his shoulder. There was that distinct starry eyed look on it that usually spelt trouble as his older brother tended to wear his heart on his sleeve and made a complete fool of himself when it came to issues of the heart.

Thankfully these things happened rarely as the bookish elf tended to get distracted easily with smelly mouldy scrolls and books and eventually lost interest, or in one case got thumped by the woman's husband he was staring at.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 90 posts
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 23:26
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town


Chadda leads you down a narrow staircase into the cellars of the palace, passing sober faced guards and flickering torches. Eventually reach a heavily reinforced door of black northern oak. Producing a silver key the Handmaiden unlocks the door, revealing a small but well stocked armoury.

Since Kallamehr depends mostly on mercenaries there is not that much call for the city to supply it's own weapons: this room is normally only used by the city guards. Nevertheless there are shelves of helms in various sizes, suits of leather and chain and racks of swords, scimitars, spears, bows and axes laying at the ready. A quick perusal suggests most of it is no higher standard than what you are already carrying, with one clear exception: a large, circular bronze shield hangs in pride of place on the far wall. Chadda knows what this is: the shield of Rangor, legendary founder and first ruler of Kallamehr. The shield seems to shimmer with it's own light, the torch flickers strangely reflected in its polished surface.

Vithrain
 player, 67 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 23:46
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
Vithrain looks to Chadda and says, "Mistress Chadda, may I touch this noble item? I wish to know more of it.  Oh, and brother, if you think there is any item here I may use please arm me with it."

If Chadda gives him approval Vithrain will walk over to the shield and lay a hand on it and use his 'Attuned' ability to identify its magical properties.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 23:46, Fri 15 Feb 2013.

Elstarir
 player, 58 posts
 Archer
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 23:51
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
Still grinning at his brother the young elf searched the armoury and found a good balanced short sword for him. Going back to his brother he strapped it on his brother while the Mage studied the shield.

"We'll brother dear just remember to stick the pointy end in the enemy."
The Handmaiden
 player, 3 posts
Sat 16 Feb 2013
at 11:33
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
Vithrain:
Vithrain looks to Chadda and says, "Mistress Chadda, may I touch this noble item? I wish to know more of it."


"Sure you can touch it, but with the due respect: it is a fabled item in this city"
Mannath
 player, 48 posts
 Rogue
Sun 17 Feb 2013
at 08:35
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
In reply to The Handmaiden (msg # 14):

Mannath looked around the armoury, slightly disappointed. He was expecting a large chamber full of quality blades and exotic weaponry, so to see a ramshackle mix of leftovers was unfortunate. Still, he explored the chamber to see what he could find. The shield was interesting, but he had no use for such an item so ignored it (although he couldn't help wondering how much it might fetch with the traders in Port Blacksand).

"Mistress Chadda, may we help ourselves as we see fit, save the shield?"

If allowed to, and if he can find some, he will select a decent dagger and a number of throwing knives, 6 if possible.
The Handmaiden
 player, 4 posts
Sun 17 Feb 2013
at 16:53
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
"Help yourselves: these weapons are there to be used for the good of the Barony, not to be kept locked... and now we expet to use them quite a lot: our enemies will try and exploit this opportunity..."
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 91 posts
Sun 17 Feb 2013
at 20:34
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
Vithrain: as you lay your hands on the shield you feel a familiar warm tingle in your finger tips. Whatever else the shield is clearly enchanted...


Vithrain
 player, 69 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Sun 17 Feb 2013
at 22:11
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
Vithrain paused a moment or two. "Hmm, interesting. This is indeed a power for good. This is a champions' shield and will protect whoever wields it. Chadda, if your town is attacked your best and most noble warrior should use this. Keeping it locked away would be a mistake. It is intended for use and for protection."

Vithrain steps away from the shield, and turns to accept the belt, scabbard and sword his brother attaches to him.

"I have no knowledge of its use, brother. But in that I see a challenge. Knowledge is power. However such knowledge can be dangerous, just like this sword."
The Handmaiden
 player, 6 posts
Sun 17 Feb 2013
at 22:59
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
"And it shouldn't be kept locked away indeed! If one of you is strong and able enough to use it for good, we can take it with us, but in Kallamehr nobody will be happy to see it in the hands of a foreigner (and for them I am a foreigner too, as I came from Rabin with Mylady), so if we want to borrow it we'll have to cover it as long as we stay in Kallamehr or we may want to wait and see if our quest brings us away from Kallamehr."
Vithrain
 player, 70 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Mon 18 Feb 2013
at 00:15
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
Vithrain replies, "I believe we will be here a short while yet, gathering the objects in the clues. I propose we collect it when we are ready to leave. brother? Friends? What say you?"
Elstarir
 player, 59 posts
 Archer
Mon 18 Feb 2013
at 19:21
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
" we'll I have no use for a shield and I think following the clues should be our priority" said the young elf." And I believe we should set to it soon before the killer of the Baron gets wind of our activity"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:21, Mon 18 Feb 2013.

The Handmaiden
 player, 8 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2013
at 19:24
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
"Have you taken what you need? Shall we have a walk around Market Square, just to start?"
Mannath
 player, 50 posts
 Rogue
Tue 19 Feb 2013
at 07:50
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
Mannath stowed his new weaponry about his person and nodded to indicate he was ready to go.

OOC - added weapons to my char sheet...
Tarrian
 player, 33 posts
 Adventurer
Tue 19 Feb 2013
at 09:58
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
Because she was a warrior, her companions often assumed that Tarrian would be highly fussy about armaments. In truth, her interest didn't extend far beyond making sure that the business end of any weapon she carried was sharp and pointy. She let the men poke around to their hearts' content, but saw no reason to replace her sword or spear.
The Handmaiden
 player, 10 posts
Tue 19 Feb 2013
at 18:39
Re: Act I, Scene Two: About Town
"OK, let's go to the Market Square"
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 93 posts
Tue 19 Feb 2013
at 21:35
To the Market Square...


You retrace your steps from the armoury and make your way to the market-square.

Even the death of Baron Bluestone does not prevent the traders making their daily living, and the market-square is busy. Exotic goods, fine cloths and succulent foodstuffs adorn shops, stalls, carts and barrows. Business is brisk, and the locals have little time to take notice of strangers, though the Tarrian draws a glance or two; barbarian warroresses are rare even in cosmopolitan Kallamehr.

As you pass through the throng, a cry goes up. The crowds part as a lanky, ill-formed youth shoulders his way through, wildly swinging a vicious looking cudgel. Behind him, sprawled in a quivering heap, you can see a rich merchant. There is no room to draw a sword, and even if you did you would risk hurting innocent bystanders.



OOC: The thief is making directly for you, aiming to squeeze through the packed crowd and get away. If you try and avoid him Test for Luck. If you succeed he ignores you, if you fail he clips you with his cudgel (take 2 STAMINA points of damage) on his way through.

If you want to stop him you'll have to fight him without weapons (he might not care his swings smack a bystander in the face but you aren't going to accidently gut some civilian with a stray sword sweep). Fight with -4 to your Attack Strength since you have to rely on your fists and the odd headbutt. Temporarily replace your damage roll with this:

Unarmed Attack: 1 1 1 1 1 2

Tarrian still adds + 1 from Strongarm Talent.


LARGO THE SWIFT
SKILL 6 STAMINA 10

Armour: None
Attack: 1 2 2 2 3 3

Vithrain
 player, 72 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Tue 19 Feb 2013
at 22:22
Re: To the Market Square...
OOC question: My staff is always out and ready. I want to use it to trip the blighter as he goes past (ducking slightly to avoid the cudgel).
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 94 posts
Tue 19 Feb 2013
at 22:37
Re: To the Market Square...
Vithrain:
OOC question: My staff is always out and ready. I want to use it to trip the blighter as he goes past (ducking slightly to avoid the cudgel).



OOC: You'll have to Test your Luck twice - once to trip him and once to avoid being brained by the cudgel.

Vithrain
 player, 73 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Tue 19 Feb 2013
at 23:16
Re: To the Market Square...
Results=
23:11, Today: Vithrain rolled 6 using 2d6. Take the guy down with staff. Target 8. Success!
23:11, Today: Vithrain rolled 4 using 2d6. Avoid being hit by cudgel. Target 8. Success!


As the scrawny blighter comes racing towards them Vithrain turns his staff diagonally and uses it skilfully to trip the man over so that he goes sprawling. As he does so he leans backwards and down slightly and manages to miss the flailing cudgel that swings close past his nose.

The guy goes flying towards the ground. Vithrain watches as the others pin him down and apprehend him.

Striding over to the merchant Vithrain holds out his hand to help the gentleman up.

"Anything hurt, Sir? Shall we go get back what he took?"
Largo the Swift
Tue 19 Feb 2013
at 23:50
Re: To the Market Square...
Snarling Largo falls heavily against a vendor, slamming him to the cobbles. The ugly thief scrambles to his feet with startling speed and shoots a murderous look at Vithrian. "You and your friend will pay for that Elf." With that he swings his brutal cudgel overhead to bring it smashing down on the nearest target.


OOC: LARGO THE SWIFT
SKILL 6 STAMINA 10

Armour: None
Attack: 1 2 2 2 3 3

Largo isn't picky about who he fights so the first of you who replies will get the pleasure of being his target.

Tarrian
 player, 35 posts
 Adventurer
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 13:56
Re: To the Market Square...
A snarling Tarrian flings herself between Vithrain and the thief, her fists raised in the wrestling style of her people.  She dodges his first wild swing, and in an instant the two are locked in a tight grapple, Tarrian trying to kick out his legs and Largo trying to stave in her head with the butt of his cudgel.

OOC
Tarrian attack strength: 15
Largo attack strength: 16
Largo damage: 3
Tarrian damage reduction (armour): 0

Tarrian loses 3 STAMINA!


The Handmaiden
 player, 14 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 18:02
Re: To the Market Square...
Chadda tries connecting with a kick.

18:00, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 7 using 2d6. kick to Largo.
Mannath
 player, 54 posts
 Rogue
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 18:09
Re: To the Market Square...
Seeing their opponent distracted by the womenfolk, Mannath tried a sneaky punch to the side of the brute's head. However, his attack was clumsy and failed to connect. He had never been much of a brawler, and his abilities hadn't improved much over the years.

18:06, Today: Mannath rolled 12 using 2d6+6. Largo attack.
18:06, Today: Mannath rolled 8 using 2d6+3. Mannath attack.

Missed, no damage

Elstarir
 player, 60 posts
 Archer
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 19:50
Re: To the Market Square...
Though things were slightly chaotic in the market place Elstarir stepped in to give the thug a solid thump on the side of the head


ooc;

19:48, Today: Elstarir rolled 15 using 2d6+8 - 4. Elstarir's punch 11


19:51, Today: Elstarir rolled 14 using 2d6+6. Largo dodges Elstarir's punch

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:00, Wed 20 Feb 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 100 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 23:03
Re: To the Market Square...
Largo fights dirty, swinging his cudgel with abandon. His blow to Tarrian's head might have felled another opponent but thankfully the barbarian warrioress has a very thick skull.


OOC: LARGO THE SWIFT
SKILL 6 STAMINA 10

Armour: None
Attack: 1 2 2 2 3 3

Largo is once again targeting Tarrian.

The Handmaiden
 player, 18 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 23:18
Re: To the Market Square...
Chadda keeps kicking!

23:17, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 11 using 2d6. Kick Largo.
Mannath
 player, 57 posts
 Rogue
Thu 21 Feb 2013
at 07:33
Re: To the Market Square...
This was getting ridiculous! Mannath stood back and bellowed at the surrounding crowd. "Citizens! Get back! For your own safety move away! And someone call for the guards!" that last comment shocked him, he wasn't used to requesting the services of a constable, having spent most of his life running away...

As the crowd (hopefully) moved back he carefully drew his sword and then shouted at his cudgel-wielding opponent. "You, thug! Drop your weapon or face the consequences!"

OOC - the idea is that as the crowd back off I will draw my sort carefully so no risk of an accident. I then challenge Largo. I am therefore not fighting this round.
Tarrian
 player, 38 posts
 Adventurer
Thu 21 Feb 2013
at 11:18
Re: To the Market Square...
Locked in a tight clinch, Tarrian and Largo lurch around unsteadily.  The thief hits her in the head again, but it doesn't seem to slacken her grip.  Her arms grope around his head and neck, manoeuvring him into a stranglehold.

Largo's face flushes bright red as she starts squeezing his neck.

OOC
Tarrian attack strength: 11
Largo attack strength: 9
Tarrian damage: 2

Largo loses 2 STAMINA!


Elstarir
 player, 64 posts
 Archer
Fri 22 Feb 2013
at 22:48
Re: To the Market Square...
Seeing Tarrian take the guy by the neck Elstarir stepped back to give her room as there were now too many of the group trying to take a swing at him
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 101 posts
Sun 24 Feb 2013
at 17:57
Re: To the Market Square...
You can hear shouts in the distance and far off across the square you see a flash of red turbans. Plainly Mannath's cries are having an affect and the city guards are trying to force their way through the mob. Realising his plight Largo begins struggling violently to get free.

Vithrain: You help the fat merchant to his feet and he wipes his brow. "My gold! That scoundrel has my gold!" He seems more frightened than angry, obviously having had the fright of his life.



OOC: LARGO THE SWIFT
SKILL 6 STAMINA 10 8

Armour: None
Attack: 1 2 2 2 3 3

Largo is (increasingly desperately) trying to fight Tarrian. With Elstarir stepping back and Manath taking care to draw his dagger, Mannath now has room to use his dagger in combat.

The Handmaiden
 player, 19 posts
Sun 24 Feb 2013
at 18:55
Re: To the Market Square...
Chadda keeps attacking bare-handed, just now.
Still with no great succes...

[18:07, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 8 using 2d6. Largo attacking our party (the Director will decide who is attacked).
18:06, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 6 using 2d6. Chadda attack to Largo. ]

Tarrian
 player, 40 posts
 Adventurer
Sun 24 Feb 2013
at 21:07
Re: To the Market Square...
Largo bashes Tarrian around her head and shoulders as the pair stagger and lurch around the market square.  Blood is pouring down her face and neck but the bitch won't let go!  Largo's face is flushed red and his expression is panicky and frightened.

Tarrian clings to her quarry, squeezing his neck with all her might.  She's seeing stars from the beating, but she can feel the strength ebbing out of the thief.  Just.  Hold.  On.  She knows he can't keep hitting her forever.

OOC
Tarrian attack strength: 13
Largo attack strength: 8
Tarrian damage: 1

Largo loses 1 STAMINA!


Mannath
 player, 60 posts
 Rogue
Mon 25 Feb 2013
at 21:08
Re: To the Market Square...
Keen to avoid entering the fray, Mannath brandished his sword, wielding it with the authority of the expert that he wasn't. He raised his voice still louder, hoping that the villain would see sense. I say again, thief! Surrender or I will run you through! Stop this nonsense NOW!"
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 104 posts
Wed 27 Feb 2013
at 18:49
Re: To the Market Square...
Tarrian can sense Largo's strength waning under her assault; a street thug just doesn't have what it takes to wrestle off an angry barbarian herione. With bulging, panic stricken eyes he looks at Mannath and somehow gasps out: "Call her off! I yield!" He falls limp at the effort, his breath coming out in hoarse gasps after his near throtling.

Two turbaned guardsmen arrive and quickly haul the semi-concious Largo to his feet. You recognise the taller of the two as one of those who accompanied Jafar into the tower and he gives you a nod of recognition and respect. "You did well northeners," he says to you as he cuffs the thief on the back of his head, stifling Laro's groans. "This scum won't be bothering you again. Or anyone else come to that." His comrade laughs at that and the duo drag the luckless criminal off in the direction of the watch barracks.

The merchant waddles over, still moppining his round face free of sweat. Scooping up the purse Largo dropped he beams at you in delight. "A thousand thank yous my friends! Oh that after all the misfortunes this cursed city has given me that I should run into you is truly a sign from the gods themselves!" He enthusiastically takes Vithrain's hand and starts shaking. "I am Ignatius Galapogas, trader in exotic livestock to Baron Sukumvit himself." He looks very proud as he reveals this fact.

All of you have heard of Baron Sukumvit of the far northern city of Fang. Every year he holds the legendary Trial of Champions in which brave aventurers run through the lethal Deathtrap Dungeon in the hopes of surviving the traps and monsters to win a fortune in gold.

The Handmaiden
 player, 23 posts
Wed 27 Feb 2013
at 19:41
Re: To the Market Square...
"Why do you think this city is cursed? is there anything so different from other cities? Did anything in particular happen to you, recently?"
Ignatius Galapogas
Thu 28 Feb 2013
at 12:28
Re: To the Market Square...
"Alas! My ship was not docked a full day in this city when the dockers I hired to unload my cargo ran off with my prize possesion." Ignatius looks like he is about to burst into tears at relating his tale of woe but after dapping at his eyes with a silk hankerchief he is able to manfully carry on. "I had bought a Minotaur in far Shabak, but not just any Minotaur: this creature could breath poison gas through it's nostrils! By Orric it would have made my fortune and my name. But now... now..."

The fat merchant is quite overcome with emotion at the end of his hopes.

The Handmaiden
 player, 24 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2013
at 17:54
Re: To the Market Square...
Patting his shoulder: "I don't understand... why did you unload it?"
Mannath
 player, 61 posts
 Rogue
Fri 1 Mar 2013
at 20:57
Re: To the Market Square...
As the guards dragged the thief away, Mannath sheathed his sword, a big grin on his face. He wasn't used to playing the hero, and it was kinda fun.

He listened as the fat merchant spoke. As the man explained his situation, Mannath blurted out, "A Minotaur! Why on earth would you bring it here! You must be crazy!"
Elstarir
 player, 65 posts
 Archer
Fri 1 Mar 2013
at 21:06
Re: To the Market Square...
Elstarir moved back to the group "Minotaur doesn't that sound like one of the clues and the statue we are looking for"
The Handmaiden
 player, 25 posts
Sun 3 Mar 2013
at 20:13
Re: To the Market Square...
Ignatius Galapogas:
"I had bought a Minotaur in far Shabak, but not just any Minotaur: this creature could breath poison gas through its nostrils! "


Chadda takes a mental note that somewhere in Kallamehr there is a Minotaur that can breath poison gas through its nostrils
The Handmaiden
 player, 26 posts
Sun 3 Mar 2013
at 20:14
Re: To the Market Square...
Chadda whispers to Tarrian: "How are you? all OK?"
Ignatius Galapogas
Sun 3 Mar 2013
at 20:21
Re: To the Market Square...
"I didn't unload the Minotaur!" Ignatius blubbers. "We were only supposed to unload a dozen fine Shabakian horses. The Minotaur was bound for far off Fang and Deathtrap Dungeon. I left the ship to dine with an old friend and when I returned the horses were gone alright, but the Minotaur with them."
The Handmaiden
 player, 27 posts
Sun 3 Mar 2013
at 20:42
Re: To the Market Square...
"You are a really lucky man! You still have your ship, your life and your commercial talent!
If we happen to find your Minotaur, we'll let you know."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:37, Mon 04 Mar 2013.

Mannath
 player, 62 posts
 Rogue
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 17:07
Re: To the Market Square...
Mannath muttered to himself. "If I happen to find it I'm running the other way..."
Vithrain
 player, 81 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 18:35
Re: To the Market Square...
Vithrain had kept quiet until then, but now he simply said, "I've never seen a minotaur. I'd like to."
Elstarir
 player, 66 posts
 Archer
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 18:48
Re: To the Market Square...
"Brother you'd like to stare a dragon in the eye given half the chance but it doesn't make it a great idea" then with a smile and a nudge "but then brother it would be interesting if nothing else"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:49, Mon 04 Mar 2013.

The Handmaiden
 player, 30 posts
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 23:18
Re: To the Market Square...
To Ignatius: "Can you describe us who stole your beast? We may bump into them in future, so we may be able to recognize them and do something..."
Mannath
 player, 66 posts
 Rogue
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 07:20
Re: To the Market Square...
Mannath stood grim faced. He didn't fancy tracking down a Minotaur, or anyone crazy enough to steal one!
Ignatius Galapogas
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 11:32
Re: To the Market Square...
"He called himself Fortunatus though I've no doubt that was a fake name." Ignatius says. "A short, weasel of a man in gray robes. You know that is the strangest thing! I am no gullible sort but he was so convincing at the time that I felt sure it would be safe to leave my goods in his care and yet now I can't think why I should have taken him at his word. He is probably still lurking somewhere by the docks: all the gutter thieves and smugglers seem drawn to the warren of streets down there."

Dabbing his eyes a last time Ignatius puts away his silk hankerchief. "If you do find word of my Minotaur I shall be staying at the Silver Sovereign Inn on Icon Street. I cannot thank you enough on all your help and may the luck of the gods go with you."

Ignatius departs and you take the time to listen to any rumours going around in the hopes they might be helpful.



OOC: Everyone roll two d6  but keep track of the individual die rolls. The individual results are more important than the total.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:35, Tue 05 Mar 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 44 posts
 Adventurer
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 11:53
Re: To the Market Square...
Tarrian was ambling around behind the group, a little dazed from the battering Largo had given her.  Under her thick hair she could feel an enormous bump, which would have been comical on somebody else's head, sticky with blood.  One of the merchants tried to engage her in conversation, clearly smitten with the exotic virago, but she was too woozy to do much more than smile politely back at him.

13:00, Today: Tarrian rolled 2 using 1d6. Tarrian roll 2.
13:00, Today: Tarrian rolled 2 using 1d6. Tarrian roll 1.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:00, Tue 05 Mar 2013.

The Handmaiden
 player, 32 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 18:26
Re: To the Market Square...
Ignatius Galapogas:
"He called himself Fortunatus though I've no doubt that was a fake name." Ignatius says. "A short, weasel of a man in gray robes. You know that is the strangest thing! I am no gullible sort but he was so convincing at the time that I felt sure it would be safe to leave my goods in his care and yet now I can't think why I should have taken him at his word. He is probably still lurking somewhere by the docks: all the gutter thieves and smugglers seem drawn to the warren of streets down there."

Dabbing his eyes a last time Ignatius puts away his silk hankerchief. "If you do find word of my Minotaur I shall be staying at the Silver Sovereign Inn on Icon Street. I cannot thank you enough on all your help and may the luck of the gods go with you."

Ignatius departs and you take the time to listen to any rumours going around in the hopes they might be helpful.



OOC: Everyone roll two d6  but keep track of the individual die rolls. The individual results are more important than the total.



To the Director: does this description match with the Baron's assassin? I may ask more questions to clarify.
It smells fishy that this guy seems to have cast a charme or similar spell on Ignatius...
The Handmaiden
 player, 33 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 18:27
Re: To the Market Square...
OOC: Everyone roll two d6  but keep track of the individual die rolls. The individual results are more important than the total.


You rolled 5 using 2d6 ((3,2)).

This message was last edited by the player at 18:27, Tue 05 Mar 2013.

The Handmaiden
 player, 34 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 18:30
Re: To the Market Square...
Tarrian:
Tarrian was ambling around behind the group, a little dazed from the battering Largo had given her.  Under her thick hair she could feel an enormous bump, which would have been comical on somebody else's head, sticky with blood.  One of the merchants tried to engage her in conversation, clearly smitten with the exotic virago, but she was too woozy to do much more than smile politely back at him.

13:00, Today: Tarrian rolled 2 using 1d6. Tarrian roll 2.
13:00, Today: Tarrian rolled 2 using 1d6. Tarrian roll 1.


Chadda check the injury as soon as out of the attention of the passerbys and puts her hands on it.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:05, Tue 05 Mar 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 85 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 20:32
Re: To the Market Square...
GM:
OOC: Everyone roll two d6  but keep track of the individual die rolls. The individual results are more important than the total.


You rolled 10 using 2d6 ((6,4)).
Mannath
 player, 67 posts
 Rogue
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 22:53
Re: To the Market Square...
22:49, Today: Mannath rolled 10 using 2d6 with rolls of 5,5. GM requested roll.

Mannath glanced over at Tarrian, a worried look on his face. Despite his bluster he regarded her as his sister, and didn't like seeing her hurt. Still, his bravado took over as usual. "You'd better be careful, sister of my heart. Your head is leaking somewhat and making a mess of this beautiful marketplace."

He nodded gratefully to Chadda as she offered to assist his companion.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:53, Tue 05 Mar 2013.

Elstarir
 player, 67 posts
 Archer
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 21:31
Re: To the Market Square...
OOC:
21:30, Today: Elstarir rolled 3 using 1d6. roll 2.
21:30, Today: Elstarir rolled 5 using 1d6. roll 1.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 107 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 23:57
Re: To the Market Square...
Tarrian: At Chadda's touch the trobbing pain in your head vanishes. Touching your scalp you realise your bump has healed. Thoughts clear you can now pay attention to the silk merchant who is trying to impress you with flowery words. He is at least a head shorter than you and ten or more years your senior but if his looks aren't admirable his persistance is.

The Handmaiden: A wizened vendor tries repeatedly sell a necklace of rose pearls, haggling over the price regardless of whether you encourage him or not.

Vithrain: You fall into conversation with a street illusionist who has been entertaining locals with a display of coloured lights. His magic is of course hoplessly primitive to a trained elven mage but he seems a pleasant fellow, much impressed to be speaking to a true wizard.

Mannath: A decidely shady looking seller of amulets and enchanted trinkets tries to interest you in some of her junk. You're far too seasoned to fall for her patter but she seems to realise you are kindered spirit and she soon eases the sales pitch in exchange for a roguish grin and queries about your own home town.

Elstarir: After the presence of so many unwashed humans the pungent aroma of the spice market stalls is almost a relief. While strolling along seeming to examine the wares you overhear plenty of conversations that others would prefer to keep quiet (Elven ears have their upside.)
The Handmaiden
 player, 36 posts
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 00:19
Re: To the Market Square...
Ignatius Galapogas:
<i>"He called himself Fortunatus though I've no doubt that was a fake name." Ignatius says. "A short, weasel of a man in gray robes. You know that is the strangest thing! I am no gullible sort but he was so convincing at the time that I felt sure it would be safe to leave my goods in his care and yet now I can't think why I should have taken him at his word. He is probably still lurking somewhere by the docks: all the gutter thieves and smugglers seem drawn to the warren of streets down there."


Chadda shares with the others that this description may well be the Riddling Reiver and therefore going after the Minotaur may be a good lead...
The Handmaiden
 player, 37 posts
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 00:21
Re: To the Market Square...
The Gamesmaster:
The Handmaiden: A wizened vendor tries repeatedly sell a necklace of rose pearls, haggling over the price regardless of whether you encourage him or not.


Chadda tries to get more useful information from the vendor
Mannath
 player, 68 posts
 Rogue
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 09:32
Re: To the Market Square...
Chatting to the trader, Mannath managed to keep his gold in his pocket rather than make a purchase. He appraised the seller. She seemed a comely sort, definitely worth a tumble if circumstances were different, but alas, the time was wrong. Her chat about gambling on pit fights intrigued him, and he pressed her for more information.

Once the conversation had finished he sought the others. "Apparently they have pit fighting here, down by the docks. Could be an interesting diversion for us, and maybe we can earn a bit of coin." Mannath liked a wager, and he was pretty good at haggling good odds and picking a winner (well, he thought so anyway...).
Tarrian
 player, 47 posts
 Adventurer
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 15:30
Re: To the Market Square...
Tarrian was not completely comfortable with magic, but her time travelling with Vithrain had opened her eyes to its usefulness.  She murmured a half-hearted thank you to Chadda as she felt the pain and swelling recede.

"It sounds like we should head down to the docks," Tarrian said to the others. "The other locations will be there tomorrow, but who knows what this Fortunatas plans to do with the minotaur?"
The Handmaiden
 player, 38 posts
Fri 8 Mar 2013
at 20:11
Re: To the Market Square...
Ignatius Galapogas:
<i>" He is probably still lurking somewhere by the docks: all the gutter thieves and smugglers seem drawn to the warren of streets down there."


"OK, Tarrian"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:21, Fri 08 Mar 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 86 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Fri 8 Mar 2013
at 21:30
Re: To the Market Square...
"I know of someone to speak to about the characters that come out at night if such a thing is needed." Vithrain offers.
Elstarir
 player, 68 posts
 Archer
Fri 8 Mar 2013
at 21:48
Re: To the Market Square...
Elstarir nudged his brother " there are people round here looking to higher men with no morals what do you make of that?"
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 108 posts
Mon 11 Mar 2013
at 15:28
Re: To the Market Square...


You decide to investigate the docks. Leaving Market Square you travel down the Way of the Rat. As you pass by the buildings change from merchant townhouses to the smaller, ramshackle residences of the dockers themselves. Most of those you see are human but here and there you see dwarfs, man orcs and half-goblins. You pass the great jetties where the large ocean going galleons dock and emerge into a seedy area: the old docks.

The old docks are dirty, dark, smelly and full of the shadiest characters you have ever seen. Mysterious robed figures loiter on every corner and you have the distinct feeling that unseen eyes are watching your every move. As you approach the large wooden storage barns which line the waterfront you stop in your tracks. The barn door furthest from you creaks open, and two shady figures emerge, manhandling what appears to be a body. They drag it to the quayside and drop it into the sea. As they slide back towards the barn, you hear shouting from inside the huge building.

The Handmaiden
 player, 39 posts
Mon 11 Mar 2013
at 18:07
Re: To the Market Square...
Chadda, without showing it to much, tries and listens as much as she can at what is shouted inside.
Tarrian
 player, 48 posts
 Adventurer
Tue 12 Mar 2013
at 20:04
Re: To the Market Square...
Tarrian is on high alert in this dangerous environment, her eyes sweeping around like a huntress...unsure whether she's predator or prey, here.

She can tell that Chadda is listening in to the muffled voices coming from the warehouse, so she keeps her own voice low when she murmurs to the men.  "Was that...a burial custom of your people?" she asks.  It didn't look like one to her, but she'd once caused Mannath enormous embarrassment by breaking up a perfectly normal funeral and attempting to rescue the departed.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:19, Tue 12 Mar 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 87 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Wed 13 Mar 2013
at 15:30
Re: To the Market Square...
Vithrain speaks a caution, "I recommend, Tarrian, that you forget what you just saw and that we all walk on past. I do not think we are enough in number to take on the sort of group that will be holed up inside that building.

We are outsiders here - we do what we came to do, then we get out. Leave everyone else to their own business. If the city want this place cleaned up then they can ask, otherwise leave it to the guard."

Elstarir
 player, 69 posts
 Archer
Thu 14 Mar 2013
at 19:44
Re: To the Market Square...
Elstarir walks next to his brother an ever present shadow ready to step in front of any danger that might threaten his older sibling. His bow is held at his side but held in the middle ready to use it at a moments notice.

" though I hate my brother's point of view I have to agree with him we cannot interfere with thing that do not concern us"
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 109 posts
Thu 14 Mar 2013
at 19:50
Re: To the Market Square...
Getting close to the door Chadda can make out more sounds...


The Handmaiden
 player, 41 posts
Thu 14 Mar 2013
at 19:52
Re: To the Market Square...
Chadda raises her hand, as if she was listening something interesting, but not perfectly clear.
She slowly gets closer to the door, but not too much, trying to listen more.
Mannath
 player, 69 posts
 Rogue
Thu 14 Mar 2013
at 21:53
Re: To the Market Square...
Mannath grinned at the discomfort of the others. This place felt homely to him. He had grown up on the streets, and was used to the poor and downtrodden going about their business, both legitimate and nefarious...

Despite his relaxed demeanour his senses were on full alert, his eyes scanning all around and his ears pricked for any interesting sounds.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 110 posts
Fri 15 Mar 2013
at 23:58
Re: To the Market Square...
Mannath and Chadda get closer...


As you are listening you hear bootsteps and the wooden doors swing open. A scruffy looking dwarf peers out, takes a look at you and grins displaying a smile with more gaps than teeth. "A gold piece each for entry." As he does so he squints thoughtfully at Tarrian. "Another twenty for the barbarian if she's for sale."

The Handmaiden
 player, 42 posts
Sat 16 Mar 2013
at 07:32
Re: To the Market Square...
"What's on display?"

This message was last edited by the player at 07:33, Sat 16 Mar 2013.

Mannath
 player, 70 posts
 Rogue
Sat 16 Mar 2013
at 12:06
Re: To the Market Square...
Covering his mouth, Mannath whispered to his companions. "Sounds busy in there, and not just people. Our horned friend might be close at hand."

Turning to the dwarf he turned on the charm. "Each! My fine stout fellow you ask too much of our humble band. I'm sure that two pieces will cover us all. And if your nice, maybe my friend here might be inclined to give you a kiss." He winked at Tarrian, expecting to receive a scowl in return.

OOC - any kind to skill check for haggling?
Vithrain
 player, 88 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Sat 16 Mar 2013
at 23:22
Re: To the Market Square...
Vithrain does not look convinced.

He says in hushed tones, "I'm not convinced."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:22, Sat 16 Mar 2013.

Elstarir
 player, 72 posts
 Archer
Sun 17 Mar 2013
at 07:22
Re: To the Market Square...
"Neither am I" replied Estarir to his brother " These humans love to get themselves into trouble.... Stay close brother I wish no harm to befall you"
The Handmaiden
 player, 45 posts
Sun 17 Mar 2013
at 09:39
Re: To the Market Square...
Chadda winks, hoping that the rest of the group will play along and we'll understand better if inside here there's something that we're looking for.
Tarrian
 player, 49 posts
 Adventurer
Sun 17 Mar 2013
at 21:35
Re: To the Market Square...
As expected Tarrian did scowl at Mannath, although she did go on to offer the scruffy, smelly, gap toothed ugly dwarf a pretty smile.
Vithrain
 player, 89 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Wed 20 Mar 2013
at 10:59
Re: To the Market Square...
"So friends, do we enter and see what sport there is or mind our own?" Vithrain asks.

Looking at the building Vithrain wonders if it is even high enough to hold a Minotaur inside.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:01, Wed 20 Mar 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 112 posts
Wed 20 Mar 2013
at 11:50
At the Docks
The Dwarf smiles back at Tarrian (his smile is rather less pretty than yours). Flicking a shrewd glance at Mannath he runs a dirty hand through his ragged beard. "Hmm... well you look like you can provide some entertainment yourselves. And I like your barbarian. Tell you what we'll call it 3 for the group?"

He stretches out a grubby palm to shake on the deal.

Tarrian
 player, 50 posts
 Adventurer
Wed 20 Mar 2013
at 18:52
Re: At the Docks
Tarrian fishes a gold piece from her purse, ready to hand it over to the dwarf.
The Handmaiden
 player, 47 posts
Wed 20 Mar 2013
at 19:44
Re: At the Docks
"That could be a deal, but you haven't clarified what is up for show..."
Mannath
 player, 73 posts
 Rogue
Wed 20 Mar 2013
at 21:08
Re: At the Docks
Mannath was about to pull a coin from his pocket when he paused. The words the dwarf had spoken troubled him. Coin in hand, he looked down at the stumpy doorkeeper. "What do you mean, we could provide the entertainment? I'm not sure I like the sound of that."
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 113 posts
Sat 23 Mar 2013
at 19:40
Re: At the Docks
The Dwarf suddenly looks a little suspicious. He squints at you. "We bet on fights, all comers welcome... well excep wizards and followers of Ursel1.." He grins unpleasantly. "No one saying you have to fight yourselves of course, but you'll get a lot more coin if you do." He chuckles. "Provided you are the one still standing at the end of course."

He drums his dirty fingernails on the wooden door, clearly waiting for your decision.



1. Ursel is the goddess of peace, though Vithrain and Elstarir probably know her better under the name Liriel. Tarrian might not know her at all - barbarian tribes don't tend towards pacifism!
The Handmaiden
 player, 48 posts
Sat 23 Mar 2013
at 19:48
Re: At the Docks
Chadda hands her gold coin.
Mannath
 player, 74 posts
 Rogue
Sat 23 Mar 2013
at 20:16
Re: At the Docks
"Okay, I think for now I'll stick to watching..."

He also handed over a coin and stepped forward. Now just one of the others needed to pay up and they could all go in. The tightwads could get in the first round of drinks...
Tarrian
 player, 51 posts
 Adventurer
Sun 24 Mar 2013
at 15:23
Re: At the Docks
Tarrian hands over her coin.  She smiles encouragingly at Vithrain, who has never much been interested in displays of strength and physical bravery.  "They may have wine," she tells him.
Elstarir
 player, 73 posts
 Archer
Sun 24 Mar 2013
at 18:47
Re: At the Docks
Elstarir looked at his brother nodded then sighed and entered after the rest keeping close to his brother

This message was last edited by the player at 19:01, Sun 24 Mar 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 90 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Sun 24 Mar 2013
at 19:49
Re: At the Docks
Vithrain smiles slightly back at Tarrian, and bows his head slightly in acknowledgement.

Entering the building, Vithrain notices it is very dark, but of course he can see perfectly well and so spots all the ner-do-wells lurking in the shadows and corners.

Taking a mental note of them all Vithrain scans the room for exits and minotaurs and trouble. He notices too his brothers' close proximity and puts a hand to the small of his back.
The Handmaiden
 player, 50 posts
Sun 24 Mar 2013
at 20:01
Re: At the Docks
Not 100% sure what a Minotaur smells of, but Chadda activates her nose as soon as she crosses the threshold. Same about ears.
Mannath
 player, 75 posts
 Rogue
Mon 25 Mar 2013
at 10:23
Re: At the Docks
Mannath also subtly scanned the room, watching out for potential trouble as well as looking for alternative exits should things get messy.

Acting casual he checked for a potential bookmaker, seeing what the odds were on the next bout.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 115 posts
Fri 29 Mar 2013
at 23:22
Re: At the Docks


As your eyes adjust to the dark interior and the flicker of torchlight what hits you first is the noise; the sheer wall of sound made by dozens of people cheering, cursing, laughing, shouting, arguing, betting in at least ten different languages. Immediately after that comes the smell of unwashed bodies, cheap alcohol and blood a potent conncotion that nearly knocks the two elves off their feet and even the humans in the group need to take a moment to recover.

In front of you someone has dug a pit maybe twenty feet across and six feet deep, ringed around by a stack of crates and and barrels to create a crude spectators gallery. That gallery is packed solid with the motliest crew of n'er do wells you've ever seen; blind drunk sailors, dockside harlots and street scum of every description. They are in a fever of excitement, clutching fists of coin and making side bets. At one end stands what can only be the master of ceremonies. A tall, olive skinned man in middle years, resplendent in garish silk pantaloons and an enormous turban he yells above the throng: "Who dares challenge the mighty Minotaur of Mellizand? Is there anyone brave and hardy enough to last the turn of the sand-glass? Come now, surely 100 gold pieces make it worthwhile?"

Down in the pit, you see a rather pathetic-looking minotaur. It looks starved and has several fresh stains of blood on it - presumably from previous challengers. It is certainly nothing like the magnificent beasts of legend you've all heard of.



Elstarir
 player, 75 posts
 Archer
Fri 29 Mar 2013
at 23:26
Re: At the Docks
Elstarir leaned in towards his brother " this is not right that isn't a monster he is just different.... Like us. But for the grace of the woodland spirits go we. I cannot stand her and watch this we must do something"
Mannath
 player, 77 posts
 Rogue
Sat 30 Mar 2013
at 07:44
Re: At the Docks
In reply to Elstarir (msg # 104):

Mannath spoke quietly in reply to his elven colleague. "I am inclined to agree. Whilst I enjoy a wager on a bout as much as the next man, this is simply torture of a defenceless creature. Eventually it will be bested and badly hurt or killed."

He scratched his bearded chin. "However, if you are talking about a rescue then it might be tricky. Any suggestions?"
Elstarir
 player, 76 posts
 Archer
Sat 30 Mar 2013
at 08:12
Re: At the Docks
" none but perhaps we can find a way to get him out while one of us challenges him so we can get close and try to let him know we are trying to rescue him..... I feel he has a lot to do with our mission and if he dies we will fail."

He looked down at the thing in the pit " and I sense he is not a dumb creature but a man like us in all but appearance"

This message was last edited by the player at 08:13, Sat 30 Mar 2013.

Mannath
 player, 78 posts
 Rogue
Sat 30 Mar 2013
at 08:32
Re: At the Docks
"Fight it?! Are you mad? If you want to then be my guest! I'm not going anywhere near it!"

The elf's words did make some kind of sense, but Mannath had no intention of volunteering!
Elstarir
 player, 77 posts
 Archer
Sat 30 Mar 2013
at 08:37
Re: At the Docks
The elf smiled " you have no sense of adventure my friend" he replied "perhaps the others should give their opinion on this course of action"

This message was last edited by the player at 08:37, Sat 30 Mar 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 91 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Sat 30 Mar 2013
at 09:40
Re: At the Docks
A shadow had passed over Vithrain's face at the sight of the Minotaur.

Turning to his friends and brother he says, "Stay together, by the door but NOT in front of it, understand?"

Without waiting for an answer Vithrain turns and strides towards the entrance to the depression, holding his hand in the air as he does so to draw attention to himself.

"Here. Let me!"
Elstarir
 player, 79 posts
 Archer
Sat 30 Mar 2013
at 09:54
Re: At the Docks
Damn it, thought Elstarir , what the hell was his brother up to. Stepping back and to the side he removed an arrow from his quiver and keeping his bow low loaded it ready to protect his sibling and even the Minotaur is needed
The Handmaiden
 player, 52 posts
Sat 30 Mar 2013
at 10:03
Re: At the Docks
Chadda whispers to the rest of the group: "*OUR* Minotaur is from Shabak and has a poisonous breath... there must be another...
Maybe if somebody wins this there will be another brought out..."

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 117 posts
Mon 1 Apr 2013
at 02:36
Re: At the Docks
Excited heads turn towards you as Vithrain accepts the challenge. A murmmur of surprise travels across the audience at the sight of the skinny elven wizard volunteering. Almost at once it is followed by a chorus of laughter, jeers and racial epitaths. Clearly confidence in the challenger is not high.

As you push your way to the edge of the pit. The Master of Ceremonies gives Vithrain a doubtful once over, then shrugs. "I hope you've made your peace with the gods my pointy earred friend." Turning to the audience he raises his voice: "The official odds on our brave stranger are twenty to one. As always Thelgor the Dwarf will handle the bets." As if on cue the same dwarf who let you in appears next to the Master of Ceremonies, eyeing the crowd with greedy eyes. He takes one look at Vithrain and erupts into an unpleasant sound you eventually realise is laughter.

The duo gesture to a short wooden ladder leading down into the pit. Below the minotaur is pacing, it's nostrils flared and ears flattened back. It knows a fight is about to happen.

Tarrian
 player, 54 posts
 Adventurer
Tue 2 Apr 2013
at 10:18
Re: At the Docks
Tarrian tugged urgently at Vithrain's sleeve.  "Vithrain, are you...sure about this?"  Worry was written all over her face.
The Handmaiden
 player, 53 posts
Tue 2 Apr 2013
at 16:11
Re: At the Docks
Chadda places a 5 coins bet and then positions herself where instructed by Vithrain.
"Come, let's follow his instructions... not sure what he has in his mind, but... let's give him the due trust."
Mannath
 player, 79 posts
 Rogue
Tue 2 Apr 2013
at 19:49
Re: At the Docks
Mannath stared at the wizard for a few moments, then shook his head. Clearly the elf had lost his senses... or had something up his sleeve.

He sidled up the the dwarf running the book. Despite temptation to wager on the Minotaur to win he resisted. Truth was the odds would mean only a small winning purse, and also it seemed a bit disloyal to his friend. Instead he pulled out a gold coin and place his bet on his friend to win.
Vithrain
 player, 93 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Tue 2 Apr 2013
at 21:30
Re: At the Docks
Striding in to the ring, but staying at the edge for now, Vithrain Speaks loudly and clearly, "I would say a few words to my opponent before the fight begins! It is a custom amongst Elves to know against whom I fight!"

This message was last edited by the player at 09:42, Wed 03 Apr 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 55 posts
 Adventurer
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 12:27
Re: At the Docks
Tarrian let Chadda pull her away.  "You don't understand," Vithrain could hear her protesting to the handmaiden.  "He's the cleverest man I've ever met, but he has very...strange ideas sometimes, and..." the rest was lost in the roar of the crowd as the elf stepped into the ring.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 118 posts
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 12:47
Round One
The Master of Ceremonies says something back to Vithrain but it is lost in the thuder of the audience as everyone scrambles to get a view of the action. The Master of Ceremonies shrugs and turns over and turns over his sand-glass officially starting the fight.

Scarcely has the elf set foot in the pit than the MINOTAUR bellows in rage, lowers it's head and charges looking to gore Vithrain with it's horns! Up close it looks a lot more dangerous...



Okay the fight will continue (assuming you last that long) for seven rounds. At that point all the sand will have trickled into the bottom of the sand-glass and the fight will be stopped.

MINOTAUR
SKILL 9 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (horns and fists): 2 3 3 3 4 4

Vithrain, if the MINOTAUR wins an attack round Test vs. LUCK.
Vithrain
 player, 95 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 13:18
Re: Round One
13:57, Today: Vithrain rolled 6 using 2d6. Cast Ironhand. T=<=10.

Prepared for such underhand and nefarious dealings Vithrain instantly let off an Ironhand spell on himself to boost his skill level. Skill now 5


14:00, Today: Vithrain rolled 4 using 2d6. Minotaur attack. T<=9.
13:59, Today: Vithrain rolled 11 using 2d6. Skill to duck out the way. T<=5.
14:01, Today: Vithrain rolled 3 using 1d6. damage.

Check with Elstarir regarding luck use. If pass minimises damage to 1.
21:39, Today: Vithrain rolled 5 using 2d6. LUCK roll to minimise that damage. T<=8.
Success - damage reduced from three to one.


Vithrain then ducked low and to the side as the Minotaur's horns came at him. However he was not quick enough and one of the horns cut through his arm, but only as a nasty cut, nothing worse.

Quick as a flash Vithrain grabbed hold of that horn and gained eye contact with the Minotaur. Loud enough for it to hear but no one else he says quickly, We escape. Now. Let me on your back!

This message was last edited by the player at 20:41, Wed 03 Apr 2013.

Mannath
 player, 80 posts
 Rogue
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 17:46
Re: Round One
Mannath winced as the Minotaur charged at his friend. Deciding to tear himself away from the action he stepped back and glanced around. He surveyed the crowd, looking for anything out of the ordinary.
The Handmaiden
 player, 54 posts
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 17:48
Re: Round One
Chadda, still looking at the scene, retreats to a dark corner nearby, with a worried face.
Elstarir
 player, 80 posts
 Archer
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 20:28
Re: Round One
Elstarir knew his brother had told him to wait by the door but then he'd never been good taking orders from his older brother.

So he moved over to the pit edge but a little away from the large crowd. Still with his arrow notched but held down at his side he waited to see what his brother would do before making the decision to pull his fat out of the fire as usual.
The Handmaiden
 player, 55 posts
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 20:52
Re: Round One
PM to the GameMaster
The Handmaiden
 player, 56 posts
Tue 9 Apr 2013
at 19:15
Re: Round One
Chadda tries to remember the riddle:

quote:
What am I?

 I've neither top nor bottom,
 Yet I hold bone and skin;
 I hardly ever make a noise,
 And yet my name's a din.

Where am I?

 Ill-matched is my visage to my frame -
 Horns are on my head, the rest a hideous man;
 By fume well known through all the Allansian lands;
 From man and beast together is my name.


The second part sounds like the Minotaur, but the second part is WHERE I am, not WHAT I am... better guesses, anybody?
I can see nothing significant ON the Minotaur, not even a weapon... unless is its belt? doesn't even look like it has a belt!!! I don't think the Riddling Reaver wants us to strip it completely naked..."



This message was last edited by the player at 19:19, Tue 09 Apr 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 124 posts
Wed 15 May 2013
at 22:58
Re: Round One
Vithrain: You successfully manage to avoid the MINOTAUR'S horns... along with something else as it snorts forth a cloud of yellowish gas from it's muzzel! Fortunately your reflexes save you but your practiced eye suggests the source of the poison gas is the ring in it's nose which glowed for a second marking it as enchanted...

The MINOTAUR either doesn't understand your language or is too enragesd by it's treatment. Effortlessly shaking off your hand it lowers it's head for a second charge.


Round Two

MINOTAUR
SKILL 9 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (horns and fists): 2 3 3 3 4 4

Mannath, Elstarir,Tarrian and Chadda: The crowd boos as the Elf tries to avoid the fight, then cheers as the beast charges for a second time. In the drunken mob you can make out half a dozen accents and languages wagering or commenting on the outcome (not many favour the Elf.)
The Handmaiden
 player, 60 posts
Thu 16 May 2013
at 16:55
Re: Round One
PM to Gamemaster
Mannath
 player, 85 posts
 Rogue
Thu 16 May 2013
at 17:42
Re: Round One
Mannath watched the fight and the crowd, curious to see how things would pan out.
Vithrain
 player, 100 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Wed 22 May 2013
at 13:20
Re: Round One

14:17, Today: Vithrain rolled 8 using 2d6. Minotaur attack. T<=9. pass
14:17, Today: Vithrain rolled 4 using 2d6. Vithrain Skill check, T<=5. pass


With the beast apparently not hearing him, or not caring, Vithrain decides to provide it with a short sharp tap to the head. Bring his staff into play he goes to knock it soundly on the head but instead one of the beast's horn deflects his blow.

Vithrain backs away from the beast's breath.
Elstarir
 player, 86 posts
 Archer
Thu 23 May 2013
at 12:26
Re: Round One
Elstarir sees his brother nearly get mauled and steps through the crowd bow loaded ready to bring it up and kill the monster if his brother gets himself into any more difficulty.
Tarrian
 player, 57 posts
 Adventurer
Tue 28 May 2013
at 11:56
Re: Round One
Tarrian's face is twisted with worry.  Seeing Elstarir unsling his bow, she pushes through the crowd to stand alongside him, ready to bash anybody who tries to spoil the elf's shot.
Mannath
 player, 86 posts
 Rogue
Tue 28 May 2013
at 16:44
Re: Round One
Mannath experienced mixed emotions. On the one hand he was concerned for his friends welfare; on the other he was regretting not putting a big pile of gold on the Minotaur...
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 127 posts
Thu 18 Jul 2013
at 15:43
Round Three!
As you jostle way to the edge of the pit several angry mummurs break out amongst the onlookers. The crowd is becoming angry that the Elf seems more interested in dodging and fighting and are goading on the Minotaur to finish Vithrian off at least those that aren't busy making unflattering remarks about Vithrian's manhood anyway. The sailors and harlots of Kallamehr are quite inventive when it comes to those remarks...

With all eyes on the fight no one seems to have noticed that Elstarir has unslung a bow yet but that ignorance won't last long. Even as Tarrian reaches Elstarir's side the Minotaur lets out a bloodthirtsy bellow and charges the other Elf.


Round Three

MINOTAUR
SKILL 9 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (horns and fists): 2 3 3 3 4 4



16:31, Today: The Gamesmaster rolled 16 using 2d6+9. MINOTAUR Attack Strength.
16:39, Today: The Gamesmaster rolled 2 using 1d6. MINOTAUR Damage (if he hits).

So Vithrian has to roll equal to or more than 16 to avoid taking 3 STAMINA points of damage.

OOC: Except for Vithrain everyone make either a SKILL or a LUCK roll (your choice.)

Vithrain
 player, 103 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 18 Jul 2013
at 15:58
Re: Round Three!
OOC: Vithrain rolled 11 using 2d6+5. Vs Minotaur.T=16.
Takes 3 stamina. Current stamina = 4.

Question - I was rolling 2D6 + Skill (5) but do I add another +1 for Staff? It won't change the outcome but would like to know.


Vithrain tries to block the minotaur with his staff but those darned horns hook round his defences and tear a wound into Vithrain's side. Bleeding, Vithrain hobbles backwards.

OOC: Can I cast a spell at him?
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 129 posts
Thu 18 Jul 2013
at 16:08
Re: Round Three!
OOC: Yes to both. Vithrian's 'Staff' special skill means he is trained to use it as a weapon, so unless specifically noted you always add that bonus to your Attack Strength roll.

Regarding magic you can cast a spell. However since you are engaged in hand to hand combat at the moment take a temporary -2 penalty to your MAGIC roll (-1 for being in combat and thus distracted and -1 for having just been injured.)

Vithrain
 player, 104 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 18 Jul 2013
at 16:27
Re: Round Three!
OOC: Vithrain rolled 5 using 2d6. Cast Forcebolt. T=< 10-2. Pass.

Vithrain comes to the conclusion that the Minotaur will not listen to reason and does not want to be helped. He also knows that his precious Elven blood is draining away.

Not wanting to die, Vithrain delves deep within himself and lets forth a bolt of energy at the Minotaur.

Vithrain rolled 5 using 1d6. Minotaur damage. No Dodge. Defend with counterspell or wall spell.
Mannath
 player, 92 posts
 Rogue
Thu 18 Jul 2013
at 17:02
Re: Round Three!
Noticing Elstarir and Tarrian beginning to make a move, Mannath carefully let his hand slide down to his sword hilt.

18:00, Today: Mannath rolled 7 using 2d6. Luck roll.

Luck now down to 11.

The Handmaiden
 player, 67 posts
Thu 18 Jul 2013
at 20:39
Re: Round Three!
21:36, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 5 using 2d6. LUCK roll.
Elstarir
 player, 88 posts
 Archer
Sun 21 Jul 2013
at 08:10
Re: Round Three!
Seeing his brother getting himself into trouble yet again the elf archer stepped up to the edge of the pit.

He'd already notched an arrow earlier so it was a simple exercise to bring up his bow sight down the shaft at the monster and fire

OOC: 09:12, Today: Elstarir rolled 15 using 2d6+9. minatour roll. 09:12, Today: Elstarir rolled 14 using 2d6+9. missile attack.


Unfortunately at the very last second the crowd surged forward and the elf was knocked. Instead of hitting home the arrow went wide of the mark

This message was last edited by the player at 08:15, Sun 21 July 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 62 posts
 Adventurer
Sun 21 Jul 2013
at 09:53
Re: Round Three!
OOC: Tarrian is being NPCd by the Gamesmaster

10:50, Today: The Gamesmaster, on behalf of Tarrian, rolled 7 using 2d6. LUCK roll.


With impressive agility Tarrian leapt into the pit; the tall barbarian warrioress raised her spear and took a confident step to put herself between the battered Elf wizard and the bloodied minotaur.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 134 posts
Sun 21 Jul 2013
at 10:48
Chaos at the pit!
With the sudden blaze of magic from Vithrain and the intervention of Tarrian and Elstarir all hell broke loose and boos and cries of "cheat" start ringing out from the spectators - along with hurled insults and bottles. But the chaos barely had time to break when something even more startling happened; from out of the shadows a sleek and powerful TIGERESS, fully three meters long leapt into the pit and with a roar moved to savage the Minotaur!

The cries of outrage and confusion from the crowd of onlookers were joined by cries of terror as many took one look at the unexplained jungle cat and fled, barging their way through the throng. Others, though no quicker to face the tigeress broke out into fights were the neighbours as they demanded the money owed them or roared lusty threats of revenge against the cause of their troublwes (no few eyes are directed at you from this group.)

In the chaos you manage to catch sight of the dwarf with the moneybox sprinting with startling speed for the warehouse exit, pursued by three or four furious thugs. The master of ceremonies is nowhere having vanished at the first sign of trouble.

Whether pushed into the pit by the mob or jumping of their own free will three onlookers land in the sand; none of them want to go anywhere near the tigeress and the minotaur but two draw blades and move cautiously against Tarrian. They are olive skinned Southern Allansians with dark beards; probably Kallamehr natives by their dress.


FIRST KALLAMEHR THUG
SKILL 7 STAMINA 7

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

The third figure is also likely Kallamehran by dress and looks but is shorter and slighter than the others and clearly female. Very clearly female in fact, from her jewellry and flimsy attire you guess she is a street harlot.  She wields a wickedly curved dagger though and as she slides towards the wounded Vithrain she looks like she knows how to use it.

KALLAMEHR HARLOT
SKILL 5 STAMINA 5

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (dagger): 1 1 2 2 2 2

Outside the pit Mannath find themselves confronted by a pair of huge, angry and probably very drunk Northern Allansians - probably barbarian mercenaries by their tattoos, blonde beards and axes. The barbarians attack with other abandon, seemingly uncaring if their wild swings cause any collateral damage or not as long their weapons connect with YOU.

FIRST DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY
SKILL 8 STAMINA 8

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY
SKILL 6 STAMINA 10

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

In the corner meanwhile the two beasts begin their duel...


MINOTAUR
SKILL 9 STAMINA 9 4

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (horns and fists): 2 3 3 3 4 4]



OOC: Okay this can get complicated but basically.

Tarrian is fighting the Thugs.

Vithrain is fighting the Harlot.

Mannath and Elstarir are fighting the Drunken Barbarians

Everyone who rolled LUCK remember to detuct one point if they haven't done so. Vithrain rember to deduct a Magic Point for your spell.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 136 posts
Sun 21 Jul 2013
at 11:32
Re: Chaos at the pit!
Map



Spectators are those patrons who have remained behind but aren't actively hostile - several of them are placing bets on the ongoing fights!
Mannath
 player, 95 posts
 Rogue
Sun 21 Jul 2013
at 17:35
Re: Chaos at the pit!
Mannath easily evaded a clumsy swing from the drunk barbarian. He pushed the man back and whipped out his sword. With a hasty lunge he connected with flesh, his sword biting deep into the man's leg.

18:32, Today: Mannath rolled 2 using 1d6. Mannath damage.
18:31, Today: Mannath rolled 12 using 2d6+6. 2nd barbarian attack strength.
18:30, Today: Mannath rolled 17 using 2d6+8. Mannath attack strength.

Dealt 3 STA damage to 2nd Barbarian.

Elstarir
 player, 91 posts
 Archer
Sun 21 Jul 2013
at 18:06
Re: Chaos at the pit!
Not wanting to drop his bow and not having time to take out his sword the elf spun round on the ball of his feet and coming out of the spin in a crouch whipped his bow out towards the barbarian approaching him


OOC: 19:09, Today: Elstarir rolled 3 using 1d6. Damage. = 3 pts
19:08, Today: Elstarir rolled 19 using 2d6+8. 1st Barbarians attack.
19:08, Today: Elstarir rolled 13 using 2d6+7. Bow strike.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:10, Sun 21 July 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 106 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Mon 22 Jul 2013
at 13:49
Re: Chaos at the pit!
The Gamesmaster:
The third figure is also likely Kallamehran by dress and looks but is shorter and slighter than the others and clearly female. Very clearly female in fact, from her jewellry and flimsy attire you guess she is a street harlot.  She wields a wickedly curved dagger though and as she slides towards the wounded Vithrain she looks like she knows how to use it.

KALLAMEHR HARLOT
SKILL 5 STAMINA 5

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (dagger): 1 1 2 2 2 2

Vithrain rember to deduct a Magic Point for your spell.</Orange>


OOC: Two magic points for Forcebolt. Down to 8 now.

Vithrain laughs mirthlessly. An Interesting turn of events, with a capital "I".

This woman looks like she means business, and currently Vithrain is feeling rather weak from the Minotaur's injuries. Invoking an ancient Elven magical Lore in a spell form takes its toll but will give Vithain the upper hand for the time being - buy him vital seconds to recuperate.

Vithrain rolled 8 using 2d6+1. Invisibility: Maigc 10+2 Lore -1 (so 2d6+1) Injury = a target of 11. Pass.
OOC: Took into account only the -1 for injury, as I'm now not fighting.

Vithrain winked out of sight. Fearing a charge from the warrior woman Vithrain sidesteps a couple of times and actually moves closer to the Minotaur and Cat fight!

Magic Points now down to 4!

This message was last edited by the player at 13:52, Mon 22 July 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 63 posts
 Adventurer
Tue 23 Jul 2013
at 14:01
Re: Chaos at the pit!
"Yah!"  As the two thugs advance on her, Tarrian lashes out with her spear, ripping open his shirt and opening a bloody gash in his side.  His friend swings his scimitar at the barbarian, but she twists aside from the blow.

FIRST KALLAMEHR THUG
SKILL 7 STAMINA 7 4

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 139 posts
Wed 24 Jul 2013
at 10:58
Re: Chaos at the pit!
A bellow of pain suddenly cuts across the warehouse as the Minotaur crumbles back in a bloody heap and the tigeress sits back, the beasts nose-ring triumphantly grasped in her teeth. Most of the remaining non combatants take one look at the sight and start fleeing for the door...

Vithrain abruptly vanishes! The woman who thought the Elf mage was easy pickings stops dead in her tracks. Her expression isn't visible beneath her veil but her brown eyes are wide with shock and with a terrified oath she scrambles for the edge of the pit and presumed safety.


The thugs facing Tarrian are made of sterner (or stupider) stuff and remain in the fight against the barbarian warrioress, though the wounded thug shoots his comrade a shaken glance, obviously hoping to reassure himself they were both in the fight.

Elsewhere the drunken barbarians are entirely focused on crushing the Elf and the Thief before them.  The one Mannath wounded is practically foaming at the mouth as he brings his heavy bladed axe around for the next swing.



OOC:

FIRST KALLAMEHR THUG (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 7 STAMINA 7 4

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG  (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4



KALLAMEHR HARLOT (fleeing!)
SKILL 5 STAMINA 5

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (dagger): 1 1 2 2 2 2




FIRST DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY (fighting Mannath & Elstarirn)
SKILL 8 STAMINA 8

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY (fighting Mannath & Elstarirn)
SKILL 6 STAMINA 10 7

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

Vithrain
 player, 107 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Wed 24 Jul 2013
at 11:11
Re: Chaos at the pit!
Message to GM.
Mannath
 player, 96 posts
 Rogue
Wed 24 Jul 2013
at 15:58
Re: Chaos at the pit!
Sensing that he has the upper hand on the barbarian brute, Mannath pressed forward and swung his sword like he actually knew what he was doing. By some miracle he again evaded his opponents clumsy axe swing and stepped inside his guard. He slashed hard, again meeting flesh with cold steel and inflicting a serious wound.

16:55, Today: Mannath rolled 4 using 1d6. Mannath damage. Equals 3HP damage
16:55, Today: Mannath rolled 13 using 2d6+6. 2nd barbarian attack strength.
16:55, Today: Mannath rolled 17 using 2d6+8. Mannath attack strength.

Tarrian
 player, 64 posts
 Adventurer
Thu 25 Jul 2013
at 22:46
Re: Chaos at the pit!
Tarrian thrusts her spear at the uninjured thug.  He steps aside smartly and she stabs only the air.  His friend swings in with his scimitar, but she knocks the blow aside with a loud clack.

Bang!
  The other blade smashes into her head.  Tears spring into her eyes and she feels a lump spring up from her right temple.  She's startled she's still alive – had he hit her with the flat of his blade?  She yells and swings her spear mightily, making both men spring back warily, gaining some space to fight.


23:38, Yesterday: Tarrian rolled 14 using 2d6+7. Thug 1 attack strength.
23:38, Yesterday: Tarrian rolled 4 using 1d6. Tarrian armour.
23:37, Yesterday: Tarrian rolled 5 using 1d6. Thug 2 damage.
23:36, Yesterday: Tarrian rolled 17 using 2d6+6. Thug 2 attack strength.
23:36, Yesterday: Tarrian rolled 15 using 2d6+9. Tarrian attack strength.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:15, Thu 25 July 2013.

Elstarir
 player, 93 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Tue 30 Jul 2013
at 07:22
Re: Chaos at the pit!
Elstarir staggered from the attack but got his balance back quick enough. skipping back gracefully his hand moved with speed and dexterity as he pulled up his bow and notched an arrow sending it into the barbarian before him

OOC:
08:20, Today: Elstarir rolled 15 using 2d6+8. Barbarian No.1 attack.
08:19, Today: Elstarir rolled 16 using 2d6+9. bow attack.
08:19, Today: Elstarir rolled 4 using 1d6+1. bow damage. total 3 points

This message was last edited by the player at 07:25, Tue 30 July 2013.

Elstarir
 player, 94 posts
Tue 30 Jul 2013
at 07:22
Re: Chaos at the pit!

This message was deleted by the player at 07:23, Tue 30 July 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 145 posts
Wed 31 Jul 2013
at 19:11
Vithrain
The tigress, trophy still gripped in her jaws stretches languidly and then leaps for the edge of the pit. She easily makes it and pads away into the behind a group of sturdy looking barrels in the far corner of the warehouse.  In the flickering torchlight she looks even bigger, a primal force of nature from some remote jungle hell.

You are left alone in the pit, the dirty straw on its floor now red with spill blood. It should be easy to climb out.

A sudden groan makes you realize you are not alone after all: the Minotaur lives! It stirs feebly in the corner of the pit, bleeding from many wounds and likely beyond attacking, though it's yellowed horns still look sharp enough. It doesn't seem to have noticed you, or if it has is too deep in it's misery to care.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 146 posts
Wed 31 Jul 2013
at 19:23
Mannath & Elstarir
"By Throm this one is fast!" the barbarian Mannath has wounded gasps in pain. His free hand drops to his side, clumisly clamping over the deep red line the thief has drawn with his blade.

"You'll bleed for that runt!" He bellows in a rage and swings the axe overhead in an attempt to slice straight through his oppponent.  By the bulging muscles in his arms he looks like he might do it to.

His companion is less eloquent, simply snapping off the arrow lodged in his thigh at the head  and advancing on Elstarir, murder in his eye, swinging his axe.



FIRST DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY
SKILL 8 STAMINA 8 5

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY
SKILL 6 STAMINA 10 4

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

OOC:

Technically I shouldn't have let you do that without a serious penalty Elstarir (or have you fall into the pit), but I'll let you get away with it this time.  I wouldn't advise trying it again though... or at least don't expect to get the same result. ;)

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 147 posts
Wed 31 Jul 2013
at 19:34
Tarrian
Luckily the thug hit you with flat of his blade, more by chance than chivalry. Luckier still it hit you in the head and barbarian skulls are famously thick.

The two Kallamerhans seem confident now that they have inflicted a wound (of sorts). They shoot each other a look and the unijured one, who looks taller and older turns to look you over and smirk, displaying a mouthful of rotten teeth. "For a woman you fight well, but remember you are a woman."

His companion laughs unpleasantly. "Think of the price she would fetch! We must take her alive!"

Scimitars drawn the thugs advance, arrogant sneers on their faces.



OOC:

FIRST KALLAMEHR THUG (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 7 STAMINA 7 4

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG  (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

Mannath
 player, 98 posts
 Rogue
Thu 1 Aug 2013
at 07:51
Re: Mannath & Elstarir
Mannath easily sidestepped the wild blow from the barbarian's axe. He grinned a smart-arsed "Ha! Looks like it will be you doing the bleeding, you clumsy bucket of rodent pizzle!"

Seeing an exposed flank he slashed hard with his sword and cut deep into his opponent's stomach, inflicting a nasty looking wound that sprayed red gore over the dirty, sawdust-strewn floor. His opponent was gravely wounded, and the battle was nearly won... hopefully.

08:45, Today: Mannath rolled 3 using 1d6. Damage. 3HP damage inflicted on Barbarian 2.
08:45, Today: Mannath rolled 12 using 2d6+6. 2nd barbarian attack strength.
08:44, Today: Mannath rolled 17 using 2d6+8. Mannath attack strength.

Tarrian
 player, 66 posts
 Adventurer
Thu 1 Aug 2013
at 15:47
Re: Tarrian
Tarrian responds to the mockery with a spear thrust as fast and shocking as a scorpion's sting, striking the younger thug square in the breast bone.  Something inside his chest cracks and he reels away, gasping, his face a mask of pain and dismay.  His friend swings a riposte, but Tarrian has already stepped back into the guard position, and she swats aside his blow with ease.

"What was that about women?" she asks acidly.

16:34, Today: Tarrian rolled 13 using 2d6+7. Other thug attack strength.
16:33, Today: Tarrian rolled 3 using 1d6+1. Tarrian damage.
16:33, Today: Tarrian rolled 17 using 2d6+6.
16:32, Today: Tarrian rolled 18 using 2d6+9. Tarrian attack strength.

FIRST KALLAMEHR THUG (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 7 STAMINA 7 4 1

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG  (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

Elstarir
 player, 95 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Fri 2 Aug 2013
at 07:21
Re: Tarrian
Seeing that he had little chance of shooting another arrow again the young elf warrior pulled out his sword and attacked.

Stepping under the barbarian's attack Elstarir went in with a low horizontal slash


OOC:

08:22, Today: Elstarir rolled 16 using 2d6+8. barbarian number 1 attack.
08:22, Today: Elstarir rolled 19 using 2d6+8. sword attack.
08:22, Today: Elstarir rolled 4 using 1d6. Sword damage. Total 3 pts

This message was last edited by the player at 07:25, Fri 02 Aug 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 112 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Fri 2 Aug 2013
at 08:39
Re: Tarrian
Looking around himself Vithrain saw that his brother and friends were holding their own perfectly well and would not succumb to the thugs.

Climbing carefully and quietly out of the pit Vithrain made his way over to near the big cat, but not directly in front, instead slightly to one side. In his head he was counting the time left of his invisibility spell. However he was extra careful as the spell did not mask his smell and cats had a superb sense of smell.

Crouching down next to some barrels, Vithrain extends his staff out in front of him and hopes that the cat will lay the ring down within the next 1 minute 39. If she does he will use the staff to hook up the ring, which will disappear instantly, and then make good his escape.



[ooc]OOC: Can I spend a Luck to make this happen?[/ooc]
The Handmaiden
 player, 70 posts
Fri 2 Aug 2013
at 16:37
Re: Tarrian
From a dark corner of the room, a throwing knife flies towards one of thugs fighting against Tarrian, but narrowly misses.

17:33, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 6 using 2d6. attack roll.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:52, Sat 03 Aug 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 150 posts
Sat 3 Aug 2013
at 19:17
Vithrain & the Handmaiden
Vithrian follows the trail of the tigress but has difficulty clearing the pit; by the time he reaches the top the great striped cat had vanished into the dark corner of the room, hidden behind barrels and crates.  Before the Elf can get closer a sharp bladed dagger spins out missing his (invisible!) body by inches! Getting closer he sees a slim, female figure that is obviously Chadda and equally obvious she is the dagger thrower.

The Handmaiden herself is intentsly watching the fight, seemingly unaware of Vithrain's presence.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 151 posts
Sat 3 Aug 2013
at 19:25
Mannath & Elstarir
By now the already filthy wooden floor beneath you two is slick with blood... most of it from your opponents.  Any hope they might surrender or at least run off is dashed; whether their drunkeness has dulled their pain, their devotion to the Noorthlander god Throl forbids retreat or out of sheer blind stupidity they fight on, strength boosted by a barbarian sense of rage.

From the street beyond the sharp earred Elf catches the still distant sound of approaching footsteps.  Someone, or more likely from the sound many someones are heading this way...



FIRST DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY
SKILL 8 STAMINA 8 2

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY
SKILL 6 STAMINA 10 2

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 152 posts
Sat 3 Aug 2013
at 19:34
Tarrian
Your wounded opponent has had enough. Shooting you a look of utter terror he turns to run but manages only a couple of paces before he shrieks in pain and crumples to his knees. Moaning, he slowly half crawls and drags himself towards the warhouse doors leaving behind an abandoned scimitar and a trail of blood.

The other thug spits in fury after his companion. "Coward! Come back you filthy jackal!" He turns back to you with a snarl, face livid beneath his beard as he slices towards you with his curved blade hungry for barbarian blood.



SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG  (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

OOC: You may take a final blow at the fleeing thug; as he is unable to defend himself it automatically hits and will kill him outright (you still have to parry the 2nd thug.) If you let him go fight your remaining opponent as a normal opponent (so if you win the round, roll to wound him.)

Mannath
 player, 101 posts
 Rogue
Mon 5 Aug 2013
at 05:57
Re: Mannath & Elstarir
Mannath continued to press forward, having gained the upper hand on his opponent. He had hoped the man would be smart enough to run, but no such luck. He fended off a clumsy strike from the man's axe, and then another. Patiently he waited for an opening, and when it presented itself he struck. He lunged forward, skewering the man through the gut and spilling his blood on the dirty floor. The man's eyes rolled back and he collapsed in a heap to the floor, his lifeless hands dropping the axe on the ground.

Breathing heavily from his exertions, he looked around at his companions to see what he could do to help.

06:51, Today: Mannath rolled 2 using 1d6. Damage.3HP - DEAD!
06:51, Today: Mannath rolled 11 using 2d6+6. 2nd barb attack strength.
06:50, Today: Mannath rolled 16 using 2d6+8. Mannath attack strength.

Vithrain
 player, 114 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Mon 5 Aug 2013
at 09:49
Re: The Whole Group
Seeing that the cat has managed to vanish into the shadows Vithrain turns, and narrowly misses being hit by a flying dagger!

Moving to one side slightly he will look at his friends to see if any of them are in need of his help or if they are coping by themselves?

OOC: Any one having problems? And can I hear the noises from outside too?

This message was last updated by the player at 09:50, Mon 05 Aug 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 67 posts
 Adventurer
Tue 6 Aug 2013
at 21:38
Re: Tarrian
The rage and ferocity of the thug's counter attack takes Tarrian by surprise – she'd expected them both to run.  She hops back away from several vicious chops, but's she's not fast enough to avoid them all.  She yelps as the tip of his scimitar slashes open a bloody welt in her left thigh.



SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG  (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

22:29, Today: Tarrian rolled 5 using 1d6. Tarrian armour.
22:29, Today: Tarrian rolled 3 using 1d6. Thug damage.
22:28, Today: Tarrian rolled 16 using 2d6+6. Thug attack strength.
22:28, Today: Tarrian rolled 13 using 2d6+9. Tarrian attack strength.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:38, Tue 06 Aug 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 117 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 8 Aug 2013
at 11:37
Re: Tarrian
Vithrain pondered what to do. He wasn't about to kill the minotaur - it hadn't done him any harm. Well, alright, it HAD hurt him, but it was forced into that fight and knew no better. If he had the ability to heal the beast he would.

His friends seemed to be holding their own well enough and he wouldn't reach them in time to do damage with his staff, though he could throw something magical at them...but he was quite exhausted in that respect.

And the cat had the ring....the ring they came here for. But was it the ring they came for, or did it just look like it was the ring?

Vithrain carefully made his way back around the pit edge (being above the pit's surface now) to where the minotaur lay below him. He looked at the beast carefully to see if there was any sign of magical artifacts on him, or other equally hard-to-explain things.
Elstarir
 player, 96 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Thu 8 Aug 2013
at 12:05
Re: Tarrian
With a resounding slash Elstarir watched as the barbarian he was fighting staggered back. Not wanting to give his opponent an opening he stepped forward to finish the fight.


OOC:
13:06, Today: Elstarir rolled 13 using 2d6+8. barbarian number 1 attack.
13:05, Today: Elstarir rolled 13 using 2d6+8. sword attack .


The thrust was true and the young elf thought he might have won the fight but at the last minute the barbarian managed to pull up his weapon in time and deflect the sword blow. They stepped back from each other breathing heavily and circling each other looking for another opening

This message was last edited by the player at 12:50, Thu 08 Aug 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 155 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 18:50
Vithrain
The very edge of the pit is rickety but as a Wood Elf you are lightly built and seems like it will easily support your weight.  Below you lies the Minotaur gently panting in a pool of blood, eyes dazed and half-closed. It's injuries are grusome; a burnt and blackened chest still singed from your spell and bite marks to the arms and legs from the tigeress (though not the throat you notice - seemingly the great cat had no wish to inflict a fatal blow.)

You are no healer but if you are any judge the beast might recover with time or healing magic. It's wounds are very serious but not obviously fatal.

This close you can make out a fresh branding mark on the beast's left shoulder - a 'K' perhaps though it hard to tell through the blood. You can also detect a strange smell, oddly sweet underlying the creature's stench. Some sort of herbs perhaps?

In the distance outside the warehouse you can hear many sets of feet approaching.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 156 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 18:54
The Handmaiden
Your dagger has missed but from your hiding spot you can see Tarrian and Elstarir are still locked in combat. The barrel nearest to you is leaking something by your foot.  From the way it is staining the (already filthy!) floorboards you would guess it to be wine, quite possibly stolen.

Nearby you are surprised to hear a slight creak from the edge of the pit even though you can't see anything there.

In the distance outside the warehouse you can hear many sets of feet approaching.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 157 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 19:00
Tarrian
Your opponent seems to swell in confidence, his eyes glittering with contempt as he sneers at you. "Northern dog, you will regret the day you ever crossed blades with Umar the Black. Alas, that you have yet to learn your full lesson!"

He swings his scimitar around for another lightning slice, throughly convinced of his victory.

In the distance outside the warehouse you can hear many sets of feet approaching.


OOC:
UMAR THE BLACK (SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG)  (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:00, Fri 09 Aug 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 158 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 19:05
Elstarir
The remaining barbarian seems marginally more cautious than his fallen comrade. Hard blue eyes stare out at you from beneath bushy white-blonde eyebrows.  The broad figure circles, axe in hand waiting for the opportunity to attack with his axe.

In the distance outside the warehouse you can hear many sets of feet approaching.


OOC:
FIRST DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY
SKILL 8 STAMINA 8 2

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:07, Sat 10 Aug 2013.

Mannath
 player, 102 posts
 Rogue
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 19:17
Mannath
OOC: Posted by the Gamesmaster on Mannath's behalf.

With his own foe defeated Mannath took a moment to get his bearing before bringing his dagger level with the back of Umar and letting it fly. Unfortunately in his caution not to hit Tarrian Mannath threw a little to the left and his blade missed the thug (and Tarrian herself) by inches.




OCC:
20:16, Today: The Gamesmaster, for the NPC Umar, rolled 15 using 2d6+6. Dodging Mannath's Dagger.
20:14, Today: The Gamesmaster, on behalf of Mannath, rolled 15 using 2d6+6. Throwing Dagger vs. Umar.

The Handmaiden
 player, 71 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 19:46
The Handmaiden
The Handmaiden looks around for a window as a possible escape route and then focuses again on the ongoing fight, throwing another knife, this time at the drunken barbarian mercenary.

20:43, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 12 using 2d6+8. first drunken darbarian mercenary.
20:41, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 13 using 2d6+6. attack roll.


This time she hit!

20:46, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 2 using 1d6. barbarian armour.
20:46, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 1 using 1d6. handmaiden damage.
ONE damage...:-S


"Come on, we can't stay here forever!" then, whispering to herself "I just hope I got the right object..."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:57, Fri 09 Aug 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 68 posts
 Adventurer
Sun 11 Aug 2013
at 22:21
Re: Tarrian
Tarrian twists away from the scimitar strike.  Her own counter attack is spoiled by a thrown dagger that whizzes between the two fighters, making them both spring apart.  They eye each other warily for a moment, weapons at the ready.

OOC:
23:18, Today: Tarrian rolled 12 using 2d6+6. Umar attack strength.
23:18, Today: Tarrian rolled 12 using 2d6+9. Tarrian attack strength.

Elstarir
 player, 97 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Mon 12 Aug 2013
at 13:05
Re: Tarrian
Hearing the approaching men the elf decides things need to come to an end and quickly so he goes left only to spin on the ball of his foot to attempt to come in under the barbarian's axe.

OOC:

14:06, Today: Elstarir rolled 13 using 2d6+8. barbarian attack.
14:05, Today: Elstarir rolled 15 using 2d6+8. sword attack.
14:06, Today: Elstarir rolled 4 using 1d6. damage. Total = 3



the move worked and the elf slipped under the big man's guard and slid gracefully round him. as he did do he brought his sword round low and sliced deep across the barbarian's achilles heel a move that was intended to put him down and unable to move.

At the same time "We have company coming lets get the hell out of here" he shouted to the others.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:10, Mon 12 Aug 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 119 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Wed 14 Aug 2013
at 12:32
Re: Vithrain
In reply to The Gamesmaster (msg # 168):

Vithrain sighs and says quietly so only the minotaur would hear, "I never meant for such a fine creature as yourself to get hurt, my friend. I wanted to save you from this life, and get the magic ring you had. The ring is gone now and we won't get it off the cat, but we can still save you if you will follow us."

The beast snorts a little and raises its head to look at where the voice comes from, but then drops its head down onto his chest again.

"If you decide otherwise, come now. For we must leave."

Vithrain stands up and takes a step back from the edge of the pit and as he does so he becomes visible once more, the worry for the minotaur etched on his face. He looks to the others and nods as he gains some of their looks of wonder then heads towards the wall away from the pounding footsteps and opens a window there.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 163 posts
Wed 14 Aug 2013
at 19:59
After the fight!
With Elstarir cutting down the last barbarian the only visible opponent left alive is Umar.  With a scowl the tall, bearded Kallamehran draws back, retreating out of the pit with his scimitar held high. As he nears the door his scowl vanishes, replaced by a smirk.

"Can you hear what I hear my friends? Company is coming and I doubt you'll want to be here for. Perhaps we shall meet again fragrant one."
This last is addressed to Tarrian.

His piece said he turns and races out the door.


The footsteps are getting loud now; they sound irregular but heavy suggesting that whatever is about to arrive is not a city guard patrol.

With Umar leaving and the Minotaur helpless you are left alone in the warehouse - but for how long?




Unless engaged in combat everyone make a LUCK test.
Mannath
 player, 103 posts
 Rogue
Wed 14 Aug 2013
at 20:03
Re: After the fight!
OOC: Posted on Mannath's behalf by the GM.

The enterprising thief slices the drawstrings of the downed mercenary's purse though he does not have time to count what gold if any he has taken.  He also recovers one of the battleaxes which look crude, clumsy and oversized with his slight frame but also like they could do a lot of damage.
The Handmaiden
 player, 72 posts
Wed 14 Aug 2013
at 22:36
Re: After the fight!
The handmaiden looks for a window to open and use as an emergency exit for the group.
Vithrain
 player, 121 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 15 Aug 2013
at 19:57
Re: After the fight!
Vithrain stands up tall and calls out in a fairly loud voice, "Hey Cat lady who took the ring. I suggest you and my friends and I get out of here by an exit that is not the door. Care to help us while there's still time!?"


00:03, Fri 16 Aug 2013: Vithrain rolled 7 using 2d6 ((3,4)).

This message was last edited by the player at 23:04, Thu 15 Aug 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 69 posts
 Adventurer
Mon 19 Aug 2013
at 21:38
Re: After the fight!
Tarrian gasps in outrage at Umar the Black's unexpectedly flirtatious retreat.  Indeed, she had bathed daily while they were guests at the palace, but – "fragrant one"?  Hadn't he just tried to kill her?  Feeling very confused, Tarrian just watches as the tall, brave, handsome, witty swordsman vanishes from her life.

With a grin and a bow he disappears, and Tarrian looks around the room trying to get her bearings.  Vithrain or Mannath tend to take charge after the fighting is done, depending on whether high intellect or low cunning is most required, and it's to them that she looks for leadership now.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:39, Mon 19 Aug 2013.

Elstarir
 player, 99 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Mon 19 Aug 2013
at 21:45
Re: After the fight!
OOC: Posted on Elstarir's behalf by the GM.

The Elf archer wasted little time in moving towards the back of the warehouse, searching for an alternative way out.


OOC: 22:42, Today: The Gamesmaster, on behalf of Elstarir, rolled 5 using 2d6. LUCK roll.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 166 posts
Mon 19 Aug 2013
at 21:55
A way out?
A quick search of the warehouse reveals two possible exits other than the front door. At the rear of the the building hidden by crates Vithrain discovers the wood of the wall has rotten near through from what looks like long ago flood damage. It might be possible to break through and into the street on the other side though it is anyone's guess how quickly you can do so.

The alternative is a small trapdoor Chadda stumbles at the bottom of the pit, hidden under the filthy matted straw. Opening it up reveals a dark, damp tunnel with the  unmistakable aroma of a city sewer. It doesn't take a genuius to realise that this is probably the way the games runners dispose of anyone unfortunate enough to meet their end in the pit.

Time is rapidly catching up with you; in a couple of moments the decision will likely be out of your hands...
The Handmaiden
 player, 74 posts
Mon 19 Aug 2013
at 22:46
Re: A way out?
"I have the ring of the Minotaur: do we need anything else, here? Shall we go?"
Now you can see that Chadda is clutching her side, that is blood stained.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:47, Mon 19 Aug 2013.

Mannath
 player, 105 posts
 Rogue
Wed 28 Aug 2013
at 07:01
Re: A way out?
07:56, Today: Mannath rolled 4 using 2d6. Luck 11

Instinctively grabbing the coin purse and axe from his downed opponent, Mannath looked around at his companions. "Time to go people!"

While waiting for a decision he hefted his new axe and took a swing at the rotten wall, trying to make a hole big enough to get through.
Vithrain
 player, 123 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Wed 28 Aug 2013
at 14:37
Re: A way out?
In reply to Mannath (msg # 185):

"Sounds good to me!" Vithrain replies
Tarrian
 player, 71 posts
 Adventurer
Thu 29 Aug 2013
at 18:22
Re: A way out?
In an instant, Tarrian appears at Mannath's side with another axe.  She chops and hacks furiously at the rotten wall, splintering timbers with each blow.

19:19, Today: Tarrian rolled 6 using 2d6. Test vs skill (target 8).
Vithrain
 player, 124 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 29 Aug 2013
at 20:31
Re: A way out?
Vithrain drops back in to the ring and calls to his brother. Then he moves over to the trapdoor and gives it an experimental tug, hoping it will lift up.
Elstarir
 player, 100 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Sun 1 Sep 2013
at 10:58
Re: A way out?
The young elf archer moves over to his brother's side and pulling out an arrow notches it and aims for the main door " brother can you get it open?" He quickly asked his older sibling " if the others don't break through soon then we may need it opened to escape through"

This message was last edited by the player at 10:59, Sun 01 Sept 2013.

The Handmaiden
 player, 77 posts
Sun 1 Sep 2013
at 12:09
Re: A way out?
The Handmaiden puts her hand over Elstarir's outstretched arm.
"No, let's not get carried away. Guards are just doing their duty.
Let's put our effort in getting out of here in time, not in starting a fight with them. We fought to defend ourselves from thugs here, so that's fine, but if we'll kill Guards we'll righteously bring on us a death sentence.
Don't make stupid things."

Elstarir
 player, 101 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Sun 1 Sep 2013
at 12:15
Re: A way out?
The elf looked back at the maiden " I understand but the first head round the door will be shot at...... Fear not I will not hit it just make it think twice about coming through too quickly" he replied with a smile on his face

This message was last edited by the player at 12:16, Sun 01 Sept 2013.

The Handmaiden
 player, 78 posts
Sun 1 Sep 2013
at 12:24
Re: A way out?
"Use your head: we are here in a mission for Lady Carolina: if they catch us, we have some good reason on our side, but if we shoot at them or harm them, we'll get immediately on the wrong side of the law.
We want to get out of here quickly more out of discretion than anything else..."

Elstarir
 player, 102 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Sun 1 Sep 2013
at 12:43
Re: A way out?
"Damn it woman "said the elf slinging his bow over his back and racing towards the main doors grabbing a plank of broken wood and jamming it into the hooks on the back of the door. It might not hold for long but if he wasn't able to shoot at them then he needed to give his brother time to open the trap door and make his escape.
Vithrain
 player, 125 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Sun 1 Sep 2013
at 15:22
Re: A way out?
Mr GM - Do I need to do anything special to open the trapdoor? feel free to narrate success or failure for this:

Vithrain will give the trapdoor a tug to see if it opens.
Mannath
 player, 107 posts
 Rogue
Sun 1 Sep 2013
at 16:18
Re: A way out?
Joined by Tarrian, Mannath laid into the wall, swinging his new found axe hard at the rotten planks. He struck as hard as he could. In between blows he puffed, "I reckon we make a big enough hole to squeeze through, then scoot down the trapdoor. Hopefully the guards will buy the bluff and we can escape."

17:15, Today: Mannath rolled 7 using 2d6. Test v skill 7.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 171 posts
Tue 3 Sep 2013
at 20:20
Flee!
The rotten section of wall gives way beneath the brawn of Tarrian and Mannath, the barbarian and thief making a surprisingly effective team in the way they wield their axes. Beyond the shattered timbers can be seen a narrow alleyway and the dirt encrusted wall of the neighbouring building.  It seems a tight squeeze but chances are you could all espcape without too much difficulty as all of you are slenderer than your most likely pursuers.

Meanwhile Vithrain opens the trapdoor with little difficulty.  Below is a drop of perhaps three meters into the fetid waters of the city sewer system. Again the space looks tight but you should be able to make it.  It is very dark down there; little trouble for the keen eyed Elf brothers but the humans in the party will have to trust to their other senses or light a torch quickly.

From the street outside the door you can now hear the sound of many heavy footfalls and coarse shouting along with the clatter of weapons. Whoever is coming is coming very soon.


OOC: You have approx one round to act before the strangers arrive.
The Handmaiden
 player, 79 posts
Tue 3 Sep 2013
at 20:25
Re: Flee!
"OK, let's go!"
The Handmaiden recovers her knoves, cleans them and is ready to go.
Tarrian
 player, 73 posts
 Adventurer
Thu 5 Sep 2013
at 22:14
Re: Flee!
"Go, go, go!"  Tarrian urges, racing back from the hole she and Mannath have smashed into the far wall.  "Everyone through the trapdoor!  Now!"

She runs past the hole in the floor, defending the exit route with her axe until the others are through.
Mannath
 player, 111 posts
 Rogue
Fri 6 Sep 2013
at 06:29
Re: Flee!
Right now the axe held no value to Mannath, so he tossed it through the opening they had made. He then turned and headed quickly for the trapdoor and lowered himself down to ground level in the stinking passageway below. He wrinkled his nose at the smell, but had experienced worse in his young life.

Once they were all down he tapped Elstarir in the shoulder, indicating that the Elf should lead the way. They would light torches later, but for now would have to trust the fey's natural talents.
Vithrain
 player, 129 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Fri 6 Sep 2013
at 08:42
Re: Flee!
Vithrain holds open the trapdoor for the others. Tarrian stands guard while the others drop down into the god-awful sewer. While the others get inside Vithrain carefully gathers up some of the filth and gore covered straw from the floor around the trapdoor and piles it up ready.

Once the others are down he calls over to Tarrian, "Your turn Tarrian, come on. I'll be right behind you making sure no one falls behind!".

Once Tarrian drops down into the sewer, Vithrain will carefully enter, pulling the trapdoor down mostly closed, he then takes his handful of cruddy straw and throws it into the air above the door before letting the trapdoor close behind him. The straw will come back down and randomly cover the hatch, hopefully making it less obvious that they went that way.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 11:46, Fri 06 Sept 2013.

Elstarir
 player, 106 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Fri 6 Sep 2013
at 11:19
Re: Flee!
Elstarir runs back from the main door that he'd jammed shut and slid gracefully across the last foot or so and dropped into the hole.

Once down he moved forward with his bow out and arrow notched, using his elf sight to see the tunnel ahead. When all were down and he knew his brother was safely behind them he started to lead the way into the darkness
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 176 posts
Sat 7 Sep 2013
at 00:58
Into the Sewers!
Mannath, Chadda and Elstarir drop down into a dark, cramped stone tunnel.  Immediately your senses are hit by the cold and the stench: the frigid water comes up to your waists and the smell hits your nostrils like a warhammer to the face. The Elf and the Handmaiden are particularly badly hit, the thief being luckier perhaps in this regard. In the dirty streets of the northern cities Mannath has often experienced smells nearly this bad and is only mildly naueseated.

Mercifully the darkness makes it impossible to see what is floating in the grimy water. The tunnel leads off both north and south with the faintest flicker of a breeze coming from the south.

Above them there seems to be some confusion as Tarrian makes for the hole in the wall rather than the sewers leaving Vithrain with a very quick choice to make: follow the barbarian warrioress or take his chances down the trapdoor...
The Handmaiden
 player, 82 posts
Sat 7 Sep 2013
at 08:47
Re: Into the Sewers!
*whispers* "South?"
Vithrain
 player, 132 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Sat 7 Sep 2013
at 12:32
Re: Into the Sewers!
Vithrain waits for Tarrian, but for some reason she starts to move toward the hole in the wall!

"Tarrion! now is NOT the time to be a hero! Hero's end up dead or dying - get yourself down this hole now! We need you with us!"

To the hole Vithrain says, "Slight problem with Tarrian. Give us a moment."
Elstarir
 player, 108 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Sat 7 Sep 2013
at 12:42
Re: Into the Sewers!
"Brother don't be a fool leave her be she can take care of herself. No close the hatch before we are alldone for" with that the young elf archer gave his older brother a look that said don't push it and then turned and started moving south
Mannath
 player, 112 posts
 Rogue
Sun 8 Sep 2013
at 14:28
Re: Into the Sewers!
Mannath suddenly realised that his old friend hasn't joined them in the tunnel. He half turned, preparing to go back up. But then decided against it. She was a big girl and could look after herself, and he was presently knee-deep in gods-knew what foul smelling muck in the dark. Maybe she was the smart one...

He turned back to Elstarir and spoke quietly. "She'll be fine. Come on, lets get out of here before they work out we came this way."

Once they were far enough away from the tunnel entrance he planned to light a torch to help him navigate. For now he didn't care which way they went, as long as they kept moving.
Elstarir
 player, 109 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Sun 8 Sep 2013
at 16:18
Re: Into the Sewers!
After they moved off a little and he felt safe to talk the young elf turned to the others " I suggest I go first with my brother at the rear. We have elf sight and can see in the dark. I warn against lighting a torch I understand from stories told me as a child that the waste of humans in confined space such as this lets off a gas that not only smell bad but can explode if lit...." He looked at the humans in the party slightly embarrassed but happy they couldn't see his face.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 179 posts
Sun 8 Sep 2013
at 20:51
Enter trouble...
From outside the warhouse doors come the sound of at least a dozen pairs of feet coming to a halt. There is a pause and then an imperious female voice rings out: "Whoever you are we outnumber you several times over. Surrender and there may - may - be a chance you will let live."


There is the unmistakable sound of swords and other weapons being drawn out there.
Vithrain
 player, 133 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Sun 8 Sep 2013
at 22:27
Re: Enter trouble...
Vithrain quirks an eyebrow at the sound of the voice, but knows that time has run out. Slipping down through the trapdoor he throws the handful of straw into the air and gently closes the hatch before dropping into the filthy water and following his kin and friends.

"Be safe, Tarrian." he whispers.
The Handmaiden
 player, 83 posts
Mon 9 Sep 2013
at 18:11
Re: Enter trouble...
*whispers* "Let's move on..."
Tarrian
 player, 74 posts
 Adventurer
Wed 11 Sep 2013
at 20:29
Re: Enter trouble...
Tarrian shakes her head at Vithrain.  "Go.  No arguing."  He reluctantly closes the trap door.  The last he sees of her is a smile.

Once the trap door is closed she covers it properly, heaping the scattered straw back over it.  At the door she hears a fellow woman warrior shouting threats.  "We're coming out!"  Tarrian shouts back, saying what she thinks Mannath would say.  "Don't hurt us!  We surrender!"

It's a lie, of course.  The moment she feels the trapdoor exit is disguised, Tarrian bolts for the hole in the wall.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:33, Wed 11 Sept 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 180 posts
Wed 11 Sep 2013
at 23:51
Tarrian Solo...
Tarrian reaches the alleyway just seconds before the warehouse doors are smashed open. You hear a cry of "There! They're going through the hole!" behind you but by this point you are already running...

Moments later you reach a crossroads. To the south the alley continues - glancing down you can make out ships rigging so it must open out into the docks. To the the north it curves round a corner out of sight. In front of you a door stands, slightly ajar... a pungent smell emenates from within.

The sound of footsteps behind you is getting very loud...
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 181 posts
Wed 11 Sep 2013
at 23:58
In the sewers...
As Vithrain finally splashes down you hear the crack of doors being opened and muffled voices and footfalls overhead.


After a few moments the majority of voices fade away... though you do hear an occassional creak of footsteps suggesting the warehouse has not been left deserted.

On Chadda's suggestion you turn south following the breeze which sadly does nothing to alleviate the smell.
The Handmaiden
 player, 85 posts
Fri 13 Sep 2013
at 18:42
Re: In the sewers...
"the sooner we'll be out the better!"
Mannath
 player, 114 posts
 Rogue
Sat 14 Sep 2013
at 05:56
Re: In the sewers...
In reply to The Handmaiden (msg # 214):

"Agreed, lets go. Elstarir, can you find the quickest route out of this stinking place?"
Elstarir
 player, 110 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Wed 18 Sep 2013
at 12:20
Re: In the sewers...
Holding his breath as much as he could the young Elf lead the way south towards the breeze and hopefully fresh air. His elf vision giving him all the sight he needed and every now and then he whispered back for the group to step in certain places to miss any trip hazards.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 184 posts
Sat 21 Sep 2013
at 11:29
Re: In the sewers...


The going is very hard and slow even if the distance involved is not great. The filthy water swirling amongst your legs is very cold and the overpowering stench lingers despite any hopes you might get used to it in time. Of course without the excellent eyesight of the Elves you would be in even worse trouble, blind and lost on top of everything else. The sewer tunnels are very old, at least two centuries old and in places the brickwork is crumbling with age making your footwork treachorous.

At intervals Elstarir or Vithrain spot irregular graffiti symbols along the sides of the tunnels. Some are completely illegible due to age or grime but when described to him Mannath can identify a few of them as thieve's cant markings to delineate territory. One sign over a narrow side tunnel is the marking of the followers of Mirala, the silver tongued and impetuous demigoddess who is said to look over rogues and bards across Titan.

OOC: Elstarir, Vithrain and Chadda take a temporary -1 penalty to your SKILL from general nausea from the sewers. Mannath, in your career you have spent all too much time hiding in sewers in the northern cities and while you don't like them you've adapted better than the others; don't take a penalty.

Eventually you find yourselves moving towards a source of light. In the distance you can hear the sound of the sea and you realise this tunnel opens out into the port, thus explaining the salty breeze in the air. Unfortunatly for you several large, furry forms occupy the rest of the tunnel between you and open air: in the flickering light you find yourselves looking at four GIANT RATS. They look back at you, saliva dribbling off their yellow incisors and hunger glimmering in their beady eyes...


OOC: There are four GIANT RATS. Assuming you wish to get through them you will have to fight them!

GIANT RAT #1
SKILL: 6
STAMINA: 5

Claw/Bite: 2 2 3 3 3 3
Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0

GIANT RAT #2
SKILL: 5
STAMINA: 4

Claw/Bite: 2 2 3 3 3 3
Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0

GIANT RAT #3
SKILL: 5
STAMINA: 4

Claw/Bite: 2 2 3 3 3 3
Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0

GIANT RAT #4
SKILL: 5
STAMINA: 4

Claw/Bite: 2 2 3 3 3 3
Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0

The Handmaiden
 player, 88 posts
Sun 22 Sep 2013
at 20:14
Re: In the sewers...
The Handmaiden swiftly throws one of her knives to the first giant rat!

Giant rat #1
21:10, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 5 using 2d6.
Attack strength: 5+6=11

The Handmaiden
21:10, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 10 using 2d6.
Attack strength: 5+1+10-1=15
Damage roll:
21:11, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 6 using 1d6.

2 damages dealt to Giant rat #1


It's a good hit!

This message was last edited by the player at 20:19, Sun 22 Sept 2013.

Mannath
 player, 117 posts
 Rogue
Wed 25 Sep 2013
at 13:42
Re: In the sewers...
While the stench was powerful, the smell of the sewers reminded Mannath of home. He had spent much of his childhood hiding in such places as he moved around the city, evading the watch and pilfering from stores and private houses, while avoiding the attention of rival gangs.

When he spotted the rats in the gloom he reacted quickly, whipping out a throwing knife and flinging it down the tunnel. It hit the furthest of the beasts, slicing through its dirty flesh. As soon as the knife left his hand he reached for his sword and drew it, preparing for the creatures to rush them.

14:38, Today: Mannath rolled 2 using 1d6. Damage.
14:38, Today: Mannath rolled 8 using 2d6+4. Rat 4 attack score.
14:37, Today: Mannath rolled 17 using 2d6+7. Throw dagger at Rat 4.
14:36, Today: Mannath rolled 4 using 1d4. Select target.

Hit Rat 4 doing 1HP damage.

Vithrain
 player, 136 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Fri 27 Sep 2013
at 13:22
Re: In the sewers...
Vithrain, stuck at the back as he was, could not do much. He was also fairly tired and his magic was mostly gone. The best he could hope to do any time soon was act as backup and thrust his staff at the creatures to stop them getting close.
Elstarir
 player, 111 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Tue 1 Oct 2013
at 20:38
Re: In the sewers...
Seeing the rats rush towards them the elf archer brought up his already loaded bow and aimed at the front runner of the pack


OOC: 21:40, Today: Elstarir rolled 2 +1 for crack shot using 1d6. Damage. Total 3
21:40, Today: Elstarir rolled 14 using 2d6+8Missile attack  rat #2.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:42, Tue 01 Oct 2013.

The Handmaiden
 player, 90 posts
Tue 1 Oct 2013
at 22:17
Re: In the sewers...
The Handmaiden targets again the first giant rat!

Giant rat #1
23:15, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 6 using 2d6.
Attack strength: 6+6=12

The Handmaiden
23:15, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 11 using 2d6.
Attack strength: 5+1+11-1=16
Damage roll:
23:19, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 3 using 1d6.

1 damage dealt to Giant rat #1


Another hit!
The Giant Rat is definitely shaken!

This message was last edited by the player at 22:21, Tue 01 Oct 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 191 posts
Fri 4 Oct 2013
at 22:04
Re: In the sewers...
The sudden onslaught by the party hit the Giant Rats by surprise. Though none fell dead the beasts scattered in terror; far from the easy meal they considered you you bite back! Abrupty the rodents flee; a couple squeezing past you and the others retreating down side tunnels.

Moments later the only trace of them is the lingering stench of dank fur and some gnawed and thankfully unrecognisable bones jutting out of the mire. Before you lies the filth encrusted iron bars of a sluice gate opening out over the waters of the bay. Thankfully it is low tide or this would be under water. As it is only the gate stands between you and freedom from the sewers!
The Handmaiden
 player, 91 posts
Fri 4 Oct 2013
at 22:09
Re: In the sewers...
The Handmaiden looks around for her thrown knives.
Are they on the floor? Are they in disgusting conditions or not?

This message was last edited by the player at 22:23, Fri 04 Oct 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 192 posts
Fri 4 Oct 2013
at 22:15
Re: In the sewers...
OOC: Handmaiden Test vs. LUCK if you want to search for them in the filth encrusted darkness of the tunnel.

(Also in future try and restrict OOC questions to the OOC thread or PMs.)

The Handmaiden
 player, 92 posts
Fri 4 Oct 2013
at 22:26
Re: In the sewers...
Not seeing her knives visible, the Handmaiden doesn't waste time (and luck) looking for them in the filth: there are plenty, back at the Palace.

[OOC I modified my previous post, so that it's more obvious that it was an IC post]
Elstarir
 player, 112 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 07:42
Re: In the sewers...
Elstarir moved quickly up to the grate slinging his bow as he went. Grabbing it he tested to see if it would open
Mannath
 player, 122 posts
 Rogue
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 08:55
Re: In the sewers...
Mannath grinned in the darkness as the rats fled. Luckily they can't have been that hungry, or rats around here just weren't as nasty as back home.

He looked around briefly to see if his throwing knife was visible, but quickly concluded that it was probably at the bottom of the sewer. Considering it was given to him for free, and he had plenty left, he decided to leave it be and progress without it, rather than foul his arms searching for it.

He sheathed his sword and moved forward next to Elstarir. When he arrived he bean to inspect the iron sluice gate, looking for either a bolt that could be undone, or signs of rust and decay that might indicate that it could be forced open.
Vithrain
 player, 137 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 09:26
Re: In the sewers...
Vithrain notices the blocked drain end and thinks things through silently. The rats came from somewhere...they wouldn't have just been waiting in a dead end.

Using his keen vision Vithrain looks around for a hole in the tunnel walls they would have come through. Rats could squeeze through the smallest of hole, much smaller than their body size would indicate....

This message was last edited by the player at 09:27, Sat 05 Oct 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 194 posts
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 10:48
Re: In the sewers...
The bars are rusted and perhaps someone like Tarrian might be able to break her way through the weak spots but as it is they are a little too thick for any of you in the tunnel to force your way through.  On the other the heavy lock could well fall victim to Mannath's talents...

Vithrain meanwhile has found side tunnels going off to both sides. Though filthy and in poor repair they are clearly man made, and built of the same brickwork as the main tunnel. The rat tunnels are about a meter high and rather less than that wide - you'd have to crawl if you wanted to follow them!

While exploring Vithrain caught sight of a slight metallic gleam in the muck, lying up one of the rat tunnels just out of reach.


OOC: To get pick the lock Mannath, roll a test vs Special Skill (SKILL + Lockpicks skill).
Vithrain
 player, 138 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 11:08
Re: In the sewers...
At each of the two tunnels Vithrain pokes his head just inside and takes a deep breath, trying to work out if the scent of rat is greater in either one.

In the second tunnel he sees a glint of something on the floor. Using his staff Vithrain first moves the shiny thing to the side of the tunnel, out of the filth a little more, and then he uses the staff to bring the object closer to himself until it is within arms reach.

Pulling a bit of scrap cloth from a pocket (usually used to wipe a dripping nose!) Vithrain carefully picks up the object using the cloth to stop the foetid muck from the tunnel getting on to his hand. He then looks closely at the item to see what it is.
Mannath
 player, 124 posts
 Rogue
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 11:38
Re: In the sewers...
Mannath inspected the gate. "These bars look a bit rusty." He gave them a shove with his shoulder, but nothing gave. He looked over at the Elves and the Handmaiden, guessing that they wouldn't have more joy. "Hmmm, not rusty enough... Mind you, this lock might be worth a go."

He delved into a pocket inside his tunic and pulled out a small leather pouch. Opening the pouch he inspected the contents for a moment, before selecting a couple of picks. He bent down in front of the lock and inserted the picks, before twisting and turning them with well-practiced expertise. Hopefully it would do the trick...

12:31, Today: Mannath rolled 7 using 2d6. Lockpick test, target 8.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 195 posts
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 12:02
Re: In the sewers...
There is a click somewhere in the lock. Slowly, very slowly and with much complaining the heavy iron sluice gate swung open revealing the exterior: specifically the waters of the sea about a meter below the sewer exit. The way out is unobstructed.

Vithrain's search has revealed that the group has find a silver medallion on a leather strap, a little larger than a gold piece. One side is plain, but the other is stamped with the portrait of a pretty young human woman, her hair cropped tomboyishly short and wearing a mischevious grin.



OOC: Everyone regain 2 LUCK points for having gained the Minotaur nose ring and escaped. This cannot take you over your initial LUCK score.

I'm assuming everyone is willing to leave the sewers at this point.

Mannath
 player, 126 posts
 Rogue
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 12:50
Re: In the sewers...
"There you go..." Mannath muttered to himself. As the lock went click he gently opened it and turned to offer a self-satisfied grin to his companions. With a bit of a shove he managed to force the gate open, and stepped out in into the fresh air. Well, fresher air. He took a deep breath and blinked a few times to let his eyes get accustomed to the light.

He looked around, wondering if there was some sort of path, or if they were about to make a swim for it. As he did so he couldn't help notice the shiny thing that Vithrain had found. "Here, let me see." He took a look at the medallion, recognising the symbols instantly. "That, my friends, is Mirala. Patron goddess of rogues, lovers, scoundrels and songsmiths. Wear that and My Lady will smile on all your endeavours... if she likes you." He grinned at the last, knowing that the goddess was a fickle mistress. "I had one once, until I woke up one morning with no medallion, no clothes, no coin and no whore. Still, she was worth it!" He chuckled at the memory, it had been quite a night!
Vithrain
 player, 141 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 13:06
Re: In the sewers...
Vithrain takes the medallion back from Mannath, dunks it in the waters at his feet to clean it off then holds it in his hand. Using his natural ability to determine if something is magical Vithrain checks out the silver disk.


Vithrain frowns. It's not often he has trouble working out a magical item. He knows this thing is magic and he can tell that Mannath speaks the truth in that it is somehow linked to Luck, but he can't pin down the details and as for the deity behind the thing.....well - he'll have to just take Mannaths' word that it was Mirala, the Goddess of thieves.

Vithrain looks at Mananth. He then holds his hand out and says, "You keep it. It will bring you luck and it has more sentimental value to you than to me also."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:03, Sat 05 Oct 2013.

Elstarir
 player, 115 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 14:09
Re: In the sewers...
As the lock clicked open and the thief pushed the gate the elf had already unslung his bow and notched an arrow. While the other looked at the medallion Elstarir stepped out in a crouch and using his elf sight looked round to make sure the coast was clear
The Handmaiden
 player, 93 posts
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 16:06
Oustide the sewers...
Once back under sunlight and in a place where she feels not observed or endangered, the Handmaiden takes off her pocket the metal ring that was on the Minotaur's nose and shows it to her companions.
"I really hope this is what we needed to pick up.
Now let's go back and have a warm bath!"

This message was last updated by the player at 16:07, Sat 05 Oct 2013.

Mannath
 player, 127 posts
 Rogue
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 16:07
Re: In the sewers...
In reply to Vithrain (msg # 235):

Mannath was genuinely surprised when Vithrain handed the medallion back, but then remembered that while those of his own class celebrated The Lady, others looked down upon her and those she watched over. She was not the most popular of deities.

He took the medallion, and offered a note of thanks to the Elf. As Elstarir looked around he fastened the strap around his neck, offering a brief but silent prayer that The Lady would watch over him and protect him from harm, and also look after his adopted sister, Tarrian. He wondered briefly where she might be, but was confident that she could look after herself.

OOC - Mirala medallion added to char sheet.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:08, Sat 05 Oct 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 148 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Mon 7 Oct 2013
at 17:26
Re: Oustide the sewers...
In reply to The Handmaiden (msg # 237):

" Just how did you get the ring? The Cat ran off with it." Vithrain asks of the Handmaiden.
The Handmaiden
 player, 97 posts
Mon 7 Oct 2013
at 19:35
Re: Oustide the sewers...
"The Cat dropped it, of course..."
Vithrain
 player, 149 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Mon 7 Oct 2013
at 20:28
Re: Oustide the sewers...
Vithrain looked at the Handmaiden with a very dubious look, but said nothing. If she wanted to tell falsehoods to her friends then let it be so. Henceforth he would take everything she said with a healthy dose of scepticism however.

"Shall we head back and get cleaned up?"
The Handmaiden
 player, 98 posts
Mon 7 Oct 2013
at 22:53
Re: Oustide the sewers...
"I badly need that!"
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 198 posts
Mon 7 Oct 2013
at 23:07
Fresh sea air...


As you gratefully clamber out of the sewer you land into the (comparatively) clean waters of the Glimmering Sea. The late afternoon sun has done little to warm the waters but compared to the smile encrusted foul smelling tunnels it is practically a luxury and as you wade ashore you find yourselves marginally cleaner. Just don't attempt entering the good part of town any time soon.

A passer-by informs you that you are on the Brine Road in the western part of the city - you have travelled far from the main docks and the surrounding warehouses. Nearby a large building dominates the street.  A peeling sign informs you it is the Nautical Academy of Kallamehr.

The Nautical Academy of Kallamehr is an ancient and decrepit building. It is perched dangerously close to the cliff, and you wonder what prevents it from sliding into the sea! Robed children career noisily in and out of the large entrance and lean out of windows. At the top of the building is an ancient weathervane in the form of a ship. Perched precariously on this is a grubby youngster who attracts your attention by lobbing loose bits of tile at you.
The Handmaiden
 player, 99 posts
Tue 8 Oct 2013
at 18:46
Re: Fresh sea air...
"This reminds me something that the Riddling Reaver wrote..."
The Handmaiden
 player, 100 posts
Tue 8 Oct 2013
at 18:53
Re: Fresh sea air...
quote:
I always believe in giving people a chance. After all, without Chance there is no Luck, and without either where would I be? You can try to follow me, if you want to avenge Bluestone's death. And I won't stop you. In fact, I'll provide the transport. But to pay your fare, you'll have to gather three trinkets and feed them to the God of the Sea at Brion's Bluff. What's more, the trinkets aren't even hidden. All you have to do is solve my riddles to find where in Kallamehr they are. I hope you're lucky. Then again, I hope you're unlucky. It's all the same to me.

What am I?

 A white-winged fish that parts the waves
 I ply the sparkling waste.
 I'm bound by ropes, and pulled by cloth,
 Lest merchants lose their haste.

Where am I?

 My first is in south but not in north;
 My second is in picture but not in play;
 My third is in fourth and also in worth;
 My fourth is in book and also in cook;
 My fifth is in toe but not in sew;
 My sixth is in life but not in death;
 And together I'm found where children abound.

What am I?

 My belly is round
 And bound with iron bonds;
 What I carry always raises a cheer.
 Murder have I not done;
 Stolen not; cheated not;
 Yet a peg is beaten into my head

Where am I?

 My coat is green and I can speak
 Of several things, but mostly cheek.
 In such a prison I am set
 That has more loopholes than a net.

What am I?

 I've neither top nor bottom,
 Yet I hold bone and skin;
 I hardly ever make a noise,
 And yet my name's a din.

Where am I?

 Ill-matched is my visage to my frame -
 Horns are on my head, the rest a hideous man;
 By fume well known through all the Allansian lands;
 From man and beast together is my name.

- The Riddling Reaver

Vithrain
 player, 150 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Wed 9 Oct 2013
at 21:02
Re: Fresh sea air...
"Right now, young lady, all I am interested in is a bath and sleep. I am fair exhausted after that fight and using so much magic!" Vithrain says to everyone there.
Mannath
 player, 130 posts
 Rogue
Fri 11 Oct 2013
at 15:21
Re: Fresh sea air...
In reply to Vithrain (msg # 246):

"Agreed, I have smelled a lot better!" Truth be told he had also smelled a lot worse, but right now he also fancied a bath and some fresh clothes. Some companionship in the bath might be nice too...
The Handmaiden
 player, 104 posts
Sat 12 Oct 2013
at 22:31
Re: Fresh sea air...
Once we'll go to Palace, the Handmaiden, a bit saddened, meets you and hands over the ring from the Minotaur to the group: "I'm sorry, but Mylady requires my presence besides her for some time, so I can't continue with you at the moment. Maybe I'll join again later."
Tarrian
 player, 77 posts
Tue 15 Oct 2013
at 17:48
Re: Tarrian Solo...

This message was deleted by the player at 17:55, Tue 15 Oct 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 79 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Tue 15 Oct 2013
at 20:24
Re: Tarrian Solo...
The Gamesmaster:
Tarrian reaches the alleyway just seconds before the warehouse doors are smashed open. You hear a cry of "There! They're going through the hole!" behind you but by this point you are already running...

Moments later you reach a crossroads. To the south the alley continues - glancing down you can make out ships rigging so it must open out into the docks. To the the north it curves round a corner out of sight. In front of you a door stands, slightly ajar... a pungent smell emenates from within.

The sound of footsteps behind you is getting very loud...

Using some techniques she had picked up from Mannath.  The female Barbarian managed to shake off her pursuers.  Doubling back, she manage to reach the palace without further incident.  She wondered how her companions were fareing in their subterrain journey through the sewers.  There was one thing she knew for sure.  They wouldn't be coming out of it, smelling like a rose!
An such was the case when they arrived back at the palace.  Actually they smelled somewhat like the stuff you use to fertilize a rose with.  Tarrian was glad to see that they where all in one piece.  But it was all she could do, to keep from laughing in their faces.  She had to quickly excuse herself and run to the stables so as to be away from them.  Beginning to laugh so hard that she had bagan have tears running down her face and her sides began to ached.  So much so, that she wasn't looking where she was going.  When a stableboy, leading a horse came around the corner.  She was brushed up against by the horses's body and knocked off balance and into a large pile of horse manure.  Which made her laugh even more.
 'The Gods have a funny way of balancing the scales, don't they!'
When she compose herself,  Tarrian ran to rejoin the others in using the bathhouse.  Latter on heading to the 'Parrot in a Cage' Inn where they were staying.  To have a hearty meal, over which they would discuss their next move.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:56, Wed 16 Oct 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 155 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Tue 15 Oct 2013
at 21:29
Re: Tarrian Solo...
There was a strong smell of lavender lingering around Vithrain's form as he sat down to dinner. He needed this food and ordered a pint of light ale to go with it.

"Well we think we know where to head next, but let's get a good nights rest first." he says with a distinct weary sound to his voice.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 202 posts
Tue 15 Oct 2013
at 21:38
Return to the Palace...


The Palace of Kallamehr was perhaps a little small given the wealth and size of the city but beautiful all the same, an oasis in the middle of the dusty and hot streets.  It lay on the western side of the Square of Patriarchs, dwarfed in size at least by the great Royal Bath House to the north which was the largest building in the entire town.

You find yourselves cooling your heels by a fountain in a small courtyard watching harried looking servants, passed by, still clad in black and grey morning garb. Several of them give you aghast looks as they catch sight of you, and especially when they smell you. Before Chadda takes her leave suggests you take an extended trip to the Bath House before anyone in the Palace will take much notice of you.


OOC: The Palace is located underneath the 'Square of Patriarchs' label on the map.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 205 posts
Tue 15 Oct 2013
at 22:14
At the Parrot in a Cage


The trip to the Bath Houses leaves you clean, in the case of Mannath at least cleaner than you have ever been before.  after the grueling day you have been through it is a remarkably refreshing experience.

OOC: Everyone restore 1 STAMINA point.

The 'Parrot in a Cage' inn is the most successful, and the most disreputable, drinking establishment in Kallamehr. Inside the smoky den, a large crowd of assorted ne'er-do-wells are massed around a table. A cocky young man is performing a trick with three shells and a pea. Two piles of coins testify this is no idle game. You soon notice that nobody seems able to beat the man at his game. It looks simple, and he shuffles the shells very slowly, but somehow he manages to deceive all comers. There is only one person in the inn who does not seem to be intrested in the game. He is a short, rat-faced fellow who sits by the bar, playing with his bead necklace, and occasionaly muttering to himself. By his head hangs a slate with the prices of ale; it can be bougght by the tankard or by the cask. Behind the bar you can see the casks, bottles and barrels untididly stacked.

Your own table stands some distance from the gamester's table. A young female Half-Orc barmaid comes over to take your orders. Which takes longer than might be expected. It is true Half-Orcs are not famous for their brains but from the admiring glances she keeps sending towards the gaming youth you can guess she is more distracted than usual.
Mannath
 player, 135 posts
 Rogue
Thu 17 Oct 2013
at 15:11
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Mannath looked down at himself, a strangely clean version of the man he knew. The bath house had been luxurious, and cost a pretty penny but it was worth it to get the smell of the sewer out of his hair.

The only problem was that he had gotten carried away, and allowed the attendant to smother in in scented oils and perfumes. As such he now reeked like a man-whore trading favours to sailors. He had gotten more than one admiring glance, but not from any woman whose fancy he might partake of. Rough deckhand was not his lover of choice...

In the Parrot in the Cage he stood quietly for a moment, observing the game. The man running the game was a trickster, he had seen his type before. The game intrigued him. Surely he was palming the pea, but was good enough to get away with it. Eventually his curiosity got the better of him, but he had an idea. He approached the man, and loudly enquired. "So, what odds are you offering, if I can guess the right shell?" He then pulled a gold coin from his pocket.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 209 posts
Fri 18 Oct 2013
at 10:13
Youth
"Simple, two to one odds friend." The youth reples, smirking back. "A gold piece will get you two in return. Maximum bet is ten gold."

He gestures to the pile of coins sitting at the table edge.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:48, Fri 18 Oct 2013.

Rona
 NPC, 1 post
Fri 18 Oct 2013
at 10:17
Re: Youth
The Half-Orc returns with your food and drink, setting them down on the table casually her attention still mostly on the game.

"Your friend will have to beat Khalid." She says, pronoucing the youth's name with obvious admiration. "I haven't seen him loose a bet all day!"

This message was last edited by the player at 11:34, Fri 18 Oct 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 160 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Fri 18 Oct 2013
at 11:20
Re: Youth
Vithrain tucks in to his meal with gusto. He needed this energy boost and while it wasn't the best food in the land, it was by no means the worst.

Vithrain didn't say much while he ate, letting the others make the conversation, and watching Mannath try to hustle the hustler. He did however lean towards his brother and say in a low voice, "1 gold says Mannath succeeds in hustling the smart arse." Then he goes back to eating.

Vithrain's eyelids are having a hard time staying open and he expects to retire to a bed shortly after the meal had settled in his stomach.
Tarrian
 player, 81 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Fri 18 Oct 2013
at 16:49
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
The Gamesmaster:
A cocky young man is performing a trick with three shells and a pea. Two piles of coins testify this is no idle game.

Sitting there eating with the others, Tarrian threw a look of aversion in the direction of the con game.  When she first came to so called 'civilization' places.  She had been taken advantage of by such a trickster.  She soon grew wise and learned better to waste her gold on such as that.
She saw the late arriving Mannath was approaching the over confident gamester, like he'd never seen someone run a shell game before.  As far as she knew the wiley Rogue, may of been the one who first came up with it.
Vithrain:
Vithrain leaned in towards his brother and say in a low voice, "1 gold says Mannath succeeds in hustling the smart arse." Then he goes back to eating.

The female barbarian figured Elstarir would not be foolish enough to take his sibling up on that bet.  He assuredly knew better then that.  As the others were being distracted by the shell game.  Tarrian stayed alert to all else that was taking place within the Inn.  Keeping track of comings and goings.  Assessing the lethality that all there, could possible cause her and her companions.
Mannath
 player, 137 posts
 Rogue
Fri 18 Oct 2013
at 17:28
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
"Two to one, fair odds I suppose." He reached into his pouch and pulled out five pieces of gold and placed them on the table. "I feel lucky, so let's play."

He smiled warmly as the young man named Khalid began to move the shells. He made a pretence of watching the shells intently, but allowed himself to get distracted for a split second, enough for Khalid to palm the pea, for surely that was his trick.

When Khalid challenged him to pick a shell he pointed to the shell on his left, but as the man went to flip it to reveal no pea he quickly placed his left hand over Khalid's hand, preventing him from picking it up. He looked deep into the man's eyes. "No, let's leave that one be, shall we? How about we turn this one first, and then this one." He pointed to the right hand shell, then the middle one.

If, as he suspected, the two shells revealed no pea, he would continue talking. "Well look at that! Lucky me, for surely the pea must be under this final shell. What say I take my winnings and go and buy myself a beer, and leave you to your game, hey?" He fixed the young man a look, as if to say 'never trick a trickster', allowing his other hand to hover by the dagger on his belt. Hopefully he would lose with good grace and allow Mannath to walk away with his winnings.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 211 posts
Sat 19 Oct 2013
at 22:36
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
The right hand shell indeed has nothing beneath it. Underneath the middle shell on the other hand the pea sits innocently.

Mannath finds that the pea he had palmed was gone.

That was amazing. No, that was impossibleNo one was that good, no matter how skilled. Which meant one logical conclusion: magic was in play somehow.

"Nice try friend." The youth says, smirking as he adds Mannath's bet to his pile of coins.

Meanwhile Tarria eyes the rest of the taverns occupants.  Most are clearly sailors, a reminder that this is a major seaport and the focus is very much on the shell game - in fact a heavily tattooed seaman is waiting behind Mannath, clearly impatient to take his chance.  A rough looking bunch and several or drunk but none seem immediately dangerous or aggressive. The thin, shady looking man at the bar continues playing with his beaded necklace and seemingly ignoring everyone else. On the other side of the bar the stout, balding barman hefts a keg of ale onto the bar top much to the racous delight of a few of the sailors. The Half-Orc barmaid moves past with a tray full of mugs, attracting a few admiring glances from the clientele the she only has eyes for the youth running the shell game.
Tarrian
 player, 82 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Sun 20 Oct 2013
at 16:30
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Seeing the unsuccessful Mannath coming toward their table, with look of chagrin on his face.  Tarrian said to Elstarir.

"I guess we should of taken your brother up on his bet after all!"

As the Rogue neared, the smell of scented oils and perfumes that he had on him became quite apparent.  Thinking to lighten his mood, Tarrian sent a kidding sarcastic remark his way.  It was the way the two friends had come to show their bond, by busting each others chops in a good natured way.  Trying to hold back a mischievous grin, she said.

"Pee-eww Nath!  What did you do?  Slip and fall in a flower garden, a good half dozen times or so?  You won't be sneaking up on anybody anytime soon.  With that smell following you around!"

This message was last edited by the player at 16:52, Sun 20 Oct 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 163 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Wed 23 Oct 2013
at 11:39
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Elstarir appears not to notice his brothers wager attempt, and Vithrain mused that his brother's sometimes seeming 'distance' to his gambling ploys can be down right annoying at times. Maybe next time he should bet with Tarrian instead, she seemed more open to wagers like this!

Watching Mannath hold the trickster's hand Vithrain feels sure he will win, and then his jaw drops open when the pea is revealed under the second cup. 'He used Magic' was Vithrain's main thought, his secondary one being that Mannath just got properly conned.

As Mannath returns to the table Vithrain gives him an apologetic look almost as if to apologize for all magic-users deceptions to "honest folk".
Elstarir
 player, 119 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Wed 23 Oct 2013
at 12:08
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Elstarir sighed under his breath his brother was gambling again and that could sometimes get out of hand but this time he decided that if his older sibling wished to loose his hard earned gold it was up to him. Though he knew that if it went sour he would, as usual, have to rescue his brother yet again.

He laughed to himself about how unlike they were, he was practical and not academic where as his brother was academic but had very little sense of the real world, perhaps thats why they worked so well together.

At least he had a hot meal in front of him and his clothes and body had been scrubbed clean. Where as his brother smelt like a city brothel he just smelt fresh not wanting to have anything to do with scents and fragrances. As a woodsman smelling like a gilded lilly would tell the wild animals for miles around that he was there.

So he sat and eat and watched his brother and new friends laugh and joke with each other.
Mannath
 player, 139 posts
 Rogue
Fri 25 Oct 2013
at 21:57
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Incredulous, Mannath walked away from the game and sat down with his companions. In a low voice he whispered, "He's bloody cheating. And I don't mean proper cheating like I'd do, I reckon he's using magic."
Tarrian
 player, 84 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Mon 28 Oct 2013
at 00:05
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Mannath:
Incredulous, Mannath walked away from the game and sat down with his companions. In a low voice he whispered, "He's bloody cheating. And I don't mean proper cheating like I'd do, I reckon he's using magic."

Seeing that Mannath had totally ignored her playful question about his overwhelming smell.  She reached over and mussed his hair, saying.
"It's ok kid, you can't win them all!"
Vithrain
 player, 165 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 31 Oct 2013
at 10:03
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Vithrain smiles.

"You are right of course, Mannath. Do you have any gold left? Here's my two remaining gold. Elstarir, Tarrian, give him whatever you have please. I want you to have another go at the game Mannath, but get him to up the bet to 3 to 1 or better and make sure he puts his gold on the table before you start! Do your normal thing, but at the last moment change which of the cups you would look under.

Tarrian, I want you to go 'watch' Mannath have another go, but stand between the table and that ratty fellow by the bar - the one twiddling his necklace and mumbling, but do so casually. Elstarir, I think the rat guy is our wizard, but if you see anyone else watching the game too carefully and possibly muttering to themselves you go distract them somehow, okay?"


If the others agree then Vithrain will stay sitting with his brother for a moment, to finish his drink.
Mannath
 player, 141 posts
 Rogue
Fri 1 Nov 2013
at 07:26
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Mannath's sour look said he wasn't sure about this plan, but he nodded anyway. This trickster had irked him. Being beaten by a skill and sleight of hand was fine in his book, but using magic... that was just plain cheating. Dishonourable wretch!

"I have four pieces of gold left. After that I shall be reduced to selling my perfumed body to the highest bidder."

He gathered up Vithrain's two coins, and anything else the others gave him. He then looked at the wizard. "After I get the odds do you want me to bet it all? If we lose we'll have have nothing left."
Tarrian
 player, 85 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Fri 1 Nov 2013
at 07:47
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Being somewhat sceptical of the plan herself. She said quietly, sounding all so serious.
"By Sindla's saggy left breast, you best be right about this Vithrain!"
Throwing two gold coins in to the kitty.
"Because if Nath is depending on what a bidder might pay for his perfumed body.  A poor man he will be indeed!"
She finishing with a laugh and a smirk on her face!

This message was last edited by the player at 08:12, Fri 01 Nov 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 166 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Fri 1 Nov 2013
at 10:10
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
"Keep one gold back, just in case then. I think our honourable benefactor will see us right if it comes to the worst. And I too hope I am right about this!" Vithrain replies sombrely.
Elstarir
 player, 121 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Fri 1 Nov 2013
at 11:28
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
The elf slid over 3 of his 6 gold with a sigh knowing he'd probably never see it again as usual with one of his brother's plans.

But on his brother's instruction he leaned back lazily and gave the crowd in the inn a casual looking glance which took in all details of all the people that seemed interested in what was going on.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:30, Fri 01 Nov 2013.

Mannath
 player, 143 posts
 Rogue
Sat 2 Nov 2013
at 07:45
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Mannath gathered up all of the coins. Keeping one of his own aside left him with ten pieces in total, a tidy sum to be wagering. With a showy swig of his ale he marched back over to the gambler. "Right, I reckons I got the hang of your system now." He counted out the coins, occasionally miscounting but eventually getting to ten. With then stacked on the table he continued. "But I wants better odds this time. Make it worth me while. Three-to-one sounds about right, seein' as there's three shells on the table. Agreed?"
Tarrian
 player, 87 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Sat 2 Nov 2013
at 07:52
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Tarrian gets up from the table a handful of seconds after Mannath did and moved in to the position that the Elven Magic User suggested.  Blocking line of sight between the strange beads wielding fellow and the shell game.
Vithrain
 player, 167 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Sat 2 Nov 2013
at 09:27
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
As first Mannath and then Tarrian get up and go over to the table Vithrain casually looks around as if to watch, but actually keeps an eye on the bead-twirling guy at the bar.

As Tarrian takes up position does the guy get agitated at being unable to see? Does he crane his neck or body to try to see the table once more?
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 215 posts
Sun 3 Nov 2013
at 01:36
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
The youth at the gaming table grins in a way that makes your fists itch. "Well... it is your coin friend."

To add insult to injury he hums obnoxiously as he starts to move the shells around.

Meanwhile the ugly fellow with the beads is again playing with his beads. As Tarrian moves in front of him a flicker of uncertainy brushes across the mans face and he takes a step to the side... coliding directly with the half-orc barmaid, who drops her tray of drinks with a clatter of spilt ale and wooden tankards.

The youth looks up. Sees the commotion and flinches. He quickly turns back to Mannath, expression suddenly a lot less assured. "Uh... times up friend. Where is the pea?" 
Tarrian
 player, 89 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Sun 3 Nov 2013
at 05:20
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Turning with her cat like reflexes at the sound of dropped tray of drinks.  Feinting concern for the half-orc barmaid.  She continued her slight manuevering, to block the sight of beaded man to the shell game.
"Oh look what that clumsy lout did.  Shame on him, for making a tough job, even tougher, Poor dear!"
Vithrain
 player, 170 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Sun 3 Nov 2013
at 07:56
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
As the bead guy looks concerned and moves so too does Vithrain. The tray and drinks hit the floor at the same time as Vithrain reaches the cause of the commotion.

"Well that was clumsy of you dear boy." he says putting on his best accent and voice.

"Might I suggest you help the lady pick the drinks up and then buy replacements for them all. And if you like I can impart some of my worldly knowledge with regards to 'looking before leaping'."

Vithrain steers the man by the elbow so that he is facing the barmaid and able to help her. He is purposefully acting like a 'high and mighty elf'!
Elstarir
 player, 124 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Sun 3 Nov 2013
at 08:04
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
While all this is going on Elstarir sidles over to position himself behind the lad at the table. If this was going down as his brother had thought he decided the boy might grab and run so he would be right there to stop him
Mannath
 player, 144 posts
 Rogue
Sun 3 Nov 2013
at 09:01
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Mannath smiled at the trickster, and slowly reached for the left hand shell. At the last moment he changed and placed it on the middle shell, dragging it towards himself. "This one."

He then reached out with his right and quickly flipped the other two shells, hoping that both were free of peas.
Rona
 NPC, 2 posts
Sun 3 Nov 2013
at 12:37
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
The barmaid doesn't seem like she needs much help picking herself up and there is a dangerous glint in her eyes as she clambers to her feet. Standing up she turns out to be not all that much shorter than Tarrian and while not quite as muscled as the barbarian still looks like she could snap Mannath or Vithrain in half. A green arm shot out and grabbed the scrawny bead wielder by the scruff of his neck.

"Watch where you are going pretty boy!" Grip still firmly on the possible wizard she turns to look at Vithrain, giving him an embarassed smile than (tusks aside) is surprisingly shy and girlish. "Um... thanks. We always get a few who can't handle their ale."

The ugly guy doesn't say anything, partly because the barmaid's grip looks very secure and partly because he has turned white with fear.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 216 posts
Sun 3 Nov 2013
at 12:40
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
The youth at the shell game gulps quite audibly and gives a nod to Mannath. Picking up the middle shell the thief discovers the pea underneath it.

"Uh... congratulations on your winnings... I uh, better go now..."
The youth babbles. He stands up and bumps straight into Elstarir.
Vithrain
 player, 172 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Sun 3 Nov 2013
at 17:45
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
OOC: I meant he should help her pick the tray and tankards up!


Vithrain smiles back at the lass then says to the guy whose toes are only just touching the ground (because the barmaid has actually lifted him up off the ground slightly without even knowing it!)

"You Will be paying for a new set of drinks, won't you? To replace the ones you just spilt. You will of course also be giving the lovely lady a rather good tip for causing her troubles and making her wet. Yes?

This message was last edited by the player at 17:45, Sun 03 Nov 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 90 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Sun 3 Nov 2013
at 18:02
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Tarrian was beginning to like this 'commanding' side of Vithran.  But she wasn't quite sure if likeing it was a good thing or not!  She would have to think on it.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:52, Sun 03 Nov 2013.

Elstarir
 player, 127 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Sun 3 Nov 2013
at 21:38
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
As he stands ans turns into Elstarir the elf reaches out and spins the boy back round and now with both hands on his shoulders forces him back into his seat.

"Not so fast sir I do believe you should at least allow the players a chance to win back their gold. It would be unfar to cut and run when lady luck seems to be turning for those around the table."

his grip is firm and the edge in his voice matached that of his brothers
Mannath
 player, 148 posts
 Rogue
Mon 4 Nov 2013
at 16:02
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Smugly, Mannath scooped up his winnings. As the youth tried to run he would have been happy to let him go, but Elstarir was clearly in no mood to let his off that easily. If the lad had simply been cheating he would have intervened to save the trickster, but using magic was just cheating.

Instead he agreed with his Elven comrade. "Quite right too. You wouldn't want to be accused of cheating now would you. All's fair, and all that. Bad reputations can be damned hard to shift."

He let his hand dropped close to his sword handle, keeping it casual but making sure that the youth saw the action.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 217 posts
Thu 7 Nov 2013
at 16:18
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
The youth who'd been running the shell game looked at Elstarir, then and Mannath and very reluctanly sat back down. Looking rather pale he asked the tavern in general:"Uh... would anyone like a second go?"

Meanwhile his comrade in arms seems even happier to oblige, babbling profuse apologies to the barmaid and reaching for his purse with his free arm.  The barmaid let him go and turned a pleased but mystified expression to Vithrain.

After explanations (which take a long time - half orcs are not that fast on the uptake) the barmaid walks over to speak with the innkeeper. She returns to your table a moment later, smiling. "Asculf decided to give you something for spotting those cheats; how does a keg of dwarven ale sound? Shipped all the way Port Blacksand just yesterday."
Vithrain
 player, 174 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Mon 11 Nov 2013
at 10:52
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Vithrain smiles,

"It sounds wonderful, thank you."

Turnign back to his friends who are once more sat at the table Vithrain says, "Well I think that worked out aright, but we had better watch our backs as I expect the gentleman there will be less than happy with us after this."
Tarrian
 player, 91 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Fri 15 Nov 2013
at 02:59
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Looking around the table.  Tarrian laughlingly said.
"Yes, that indeed turned out rather well.  To bad most of our plans don't work as smoothly!.  I think I will call it a night.  Don't drink to deeply from our reward, laddies.  An forget we have to be over to the Nautical Academy, early in the morning?"
With that, she got up and headed up the stairs to her lodgings.
Mannath
 player, 150 posts
 Rogue
Fri 15 Nov 2013
at 16:24
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
"A keg of Dwarven ale sounds just the ticket! Them shortstuffs are a funny lot, but they know how to brew their grog!"

He turned to Vithrain and clapped him on the back. "One more on the list."
Elstarir
 player, 128 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Fri 15 Nov 2013
at 16:44
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
"Brother I will let you get on with your evenings entertainment. I think at least one of us should be sober in the morning." With that the young wood elf said his good nights and headed off to sleep
Vithrain
 player, 175 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Fri 15 Nov 2013
at 20:56
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
"How ironic. I was the first to say I wanted bed, and now I'm one of the last. However I will have just the one tankard of Ale I think and then retire." Vithrain says to Mannath.
Mannath
 player, 151 posts
 Rogue
Mon 18 Nov 2013
at 18:21
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
In reply to Vithrain (msg # 290):

Mannath grinned. "Well, it would be rude to let you drink on your own..."
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 221 posts
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 01:53
On til morning...
Some time later you all retire, several drinks the worse (or better depending on your perspective).  Vithrain gets the distinct impression that the half-orcish barmaid Rona has been flirting with him but it possible that was just the ale talking. She does promise to keep the keg the inn gave you save for the time being.

The inn room is cramped for four but otherwise more than satisfactory.  Exhausted you soon fall asleep, your dreams those of your various homelands far to the north.

The morning comes and with it the soft light of daybreak, the distant call of seagulls over the bay and the smell of something delicious cooking downstairs in the inn's kitchen.


OOC: Everyone regain 2 STAMINA points if injured.

Vitrain, reset your Magic Points to their initial level.

Tarrian
 player, 93 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 06:14
Re: On til morning...
Not much after cock's crow.  The Pagan Plains woman comes downstairs and has a hearty breakfast!
Vithrain
 player, 177 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 07:50
Re: On til morning...
Vithrain wakes, still blurry eyed from sleep and makes his way downstairs, mostly through the use of his sense of smell as his eyes were still not wanting to open fully.

Nodding and giving a small but genuine smile to Tarrian Vithrain parks his small elvish bum down on a hard stool. Stifling a yawn Vithrain rubbed the last of the sleep from his eyes and finally woke up properly as a large plate of fried breakfast was placed in front of him by the half orc barmaid, who flashed him a rather large smile.

Vithrain wasn't sure, but he thought she winked at him as she turned and headed back to the bar.

He shook his head slightly in bemusement then tucked in.
Tarrian
 player, 94 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 08:30
Re: On til morning...
Having observed the half-orc server's actions towards Vithrain.  For some reason Tarrian didn't like it much.  She suddenly felt flushed and had a unfamiliar uncomfortable feeling in her gut.  Perhaps it was the food.  She leaned toward Vithrain, and said just loud enough for him to hear.

"You two knock boots late last night?  You know what they say, once you go half orc.  You won't beable to go back.  Because you will likely catch a malady that will make your magic wand shrivel up and then finally fall off after awhile!"

As the Barbarian finished, she failed to stiffle a short nervous laugh.  Tarrian found herself wondering what had caused her to say such a thing to the elven magic user.  She quickly finishing her breakfast.  Then went out to the stableyard to stretch and limber up, then do some weapon exercises and shadow sparring.  Awaiting the others to be ready to depart.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:47, Thu 21 Nov 2013.

Mannath
 player, 153 posts
 Rogue
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 09:29
Re: On til morning...
Mannath woke, and wished he hadn't. His head was throbbing. Dwarven ale was certainly good stuff, but the price paid was a dwarven hangover. It felt like seven little pairs of feet were tramping back and forth across his skull, singing "hi ho, hi ho."

He crawled out of his bed, and checked his clothing. Luckily he hadn't soiled himself, but his outfit was certainly less fresh than it had been the day before. Snippets of memory came back from the night before... a stolen kiss with a young maid, some playful fisticuffs with a local squire, and a song about a courtesan, a monkey and a sailor with an enormous oar...

He dressed slowly and eased himself downstairs. Parking himself next to his companions he ignored their catcalls and reached for the water jug. Suddenly a plate of food appeared in front of him. Cold cuts of meat, cheese, fruits... he pushed it away and instead reached for a still-warm bread roll. Gently he tore chunks off and slowly munched on them, desperately trying not to bring it all back up.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 222 posts
Tue 26 Nov 2013
at 12:42
Re: On til morning...
The inn is not busy at this hour with only a few fellow patrons enjoying their breakfast.  As you finish eating and take your leave Rona gives you a breezy (if slightly tusky) smile, her gaze perhaps lingering a little on Vithrain.

Outside it is another warm day in the city and the streets are full of people of a dozen different nations and races passing along on their business.  Two large, dark skinned men pass by carrying an ornate palanquin in the direction of the bathouse. The rest of you, alas, must cope with the dust and heat on foot.
Mannath
 player, 154 posts
 Rogue
Wed 27 Nov 2013
at 09:20
Re: On til morning...
Still feeling somewhat worse for wear, Mannath allowed the gentle sunshine and breeze to waft over him. He looked at his companions. "So where to today? Back to that school for pirates we saw yesterday?"
Elstarir
 player, 129 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Wed 27 Nov 2013
at 15:24
Re: On til morning...
The young elf archer came in through the tavern door as the others were coming down the stairs. Though he was breathing evenly he was covered in sweat having just finished a good ten mile run round the surrounding area.

He felt relaxed and re-energised as he greeted his brother and the others warmly before heading up stairs and washing and dressing for the journey ahead.

Once he had returned to the main tavern he sat with his brother just as Tarrian mentioned the half Orc barmaid " ooh brother you didn't did you? He asked playfully digging his brother in the side " you know ale and you don't mix .... Or should I just remind you of the female centaur incident a few years ago" he added the last bit with a light laugh

This message was last edited by the player at 15:24, Wed 27 Nov 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 95 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Wed 27 Nov 2013
at 17:48
Re: On til morning...
Still waiting on the others, outside in the stableyards.  After finishing her weapons routine.  The plains woman went over to the first stall of the stable, which held a black gelding.  Who was the best example of horseflesh, currently at the stable.  She scatched his neck and feed him a apple she had.
Tarrian's people were horse nomads,thus she had had her own pony from the age of five and full grown horse by age 10.  She missed being around and working with horses on a daily bases.  She would love to take the gilding for a ride outside the city.  An had to really fight back the urge to do so.  Instead gave the horse a good brush down with a curry comb she found nearby.
Vithrain
 player, 178 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 28 Nov 2013
at 07:50
Re: On til morning...
Vithrain's jaw is a second away from dropping when he mentally stops it. Instead he just sits there while first Tarrian and then Elstarir ribs him about the half-orc that he had absolutely no interactions with. He was as mystified as the others as to why she was giving him so much attention.

What was most unusual though was Tarrian's reaction. She was a level-headed woman normally and so her outburst was very uncharacteristic! Vithrain was naive when it came to matters of the heart and he knew it, so he put her outburst down to "womanly things" and just ate his breakfast.

"The nautical academy would be my choice." he says simply.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 224 posts
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 00:32
Return to the Nautical Academy
The Nautical Academy on Brine road is, if anything, even more chaotic than on your last visit. Hordes of boys clamber around the rickety structure hurling roof tiles at each other, fighting with wooden swords and generally making an ear splitting racket, especially to the elves in the party.

The door is open and children run in and out of it laughing, playing, yelling and fighting, usually all three at the same time.  Overhead you hear a wild yelp of excitement as a grubby boy swings around on the old bronze weathervane shaped like a ship.
Mannath
 player, 155 posts
 Rogue
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 07:58
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Mannath grinned at the ruckus. He turned to his companions, "Looks like my kind of school."

He looked over the building, scanning it from top to bottom. His head was still a little fuzzy. "So, why are we here again, exactly?"
Tarrian
 player, 96 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 08:02
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Arriving at the very chaotic Academy.  The tall warrior woman demanded of the first child, that stopped to notice that they where there.
"You there, yes, you!  Who is in charge around here.  An why are they letting you little hellions run around here, doing what you like and tearing up the place?"
Vithrain
 player, 179 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 12:19
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Vithrain looks around himself and searches for an adult - someone who might actually know what's going on.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 226 posts
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 12:29
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
The child wriggles out of Tarrian's grasp and sticks his tongue out at her.  As he runs off he tauntingly cries out: "The Master's in charge only 'es 'avin a nap."

The doorway is now open and you are free to enter.  From inside comes more childish whoops and cries.
Vithrain
 player, 182 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 12:55
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
"Well the child tells the truth. The 'Master' is just through that doorway there. Should we disturb him do you think?" Vithrain asks of the others.
Elstarir
 player, 131 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 19:04
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
"I suggest we go and wake him then otherwise I might have to round this lot up and shackle them to a tree to stop getting a headache" he said with a slight smile on his face
Mannath
 player, 157 posts
 Rogue
Fri 13 Dec 2013
at 15:54
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
"Agreed. Let's wake this Master and get him to do his bloody job and shut these little buggers up. My head feels like there's a tribe of half-Orcs having a party, and I didn't get invited." Mannath rubbed the side of his head, indicating that it was still throbbing.
Tarrian
 player, 97 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Fri 13 Dec 2013
at 20:28
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Tarrian goes to where the Master is sleeping and tryed to shake him awake.
Vithrain
 player, 184 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Fri 13 Dec 2013
at 20:44
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
"Now, now, Tarrian. You must be more gentle with these educated and bookish people. They really do not appreciate being roughly man-handled, you know." Vithrain says to Tarrian, with a small smile on his face.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 20:44, Fri 13 Dec 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 228 posts
Wed 18 Dec 2013
at 12:06
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
The rather grand entrance way is flanked on either side by statues of Hydana, God of the Sea. The building houses one enormous classroom, filled with decaying desks and musty books and charts. It is in uproar. Rival groups of pupils seem to be conducting mass warfare against one another, and soon you are embroiled in a battlefield of water-bombs, ink-pellets, peas and other more unsavoury missiles. Slumped on a desk at the front of the class is the portly shape of the teacher. He is snoring softly, caked in dust, and is clutching a half-eaten and rapidly browning apple. Tied to its stem is a note: 'To Sir, from your beluvved pueples.'

Shaking does no good and even close proximity to Tarrian's breath has no obvious effect on the dozing schoolmaster.
Vithrain
 player, 185 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Wed 18 Dec 2013
at 13:45
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Half to himself and half out loud Vithrain says, "Hmm, I smell magic at work here." and having said that he picks up the apple and tries to detect if it has magical properties. (innate)
Elstarir
 player, 132 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Wed 18 Dec 2013
at 20:41
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Elstarir stood over his brother's shoulder "well you are the wizard here old one" he said tapping his brother on the back "I think its time you showed what you can do"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:41, Wed 18 Dec 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 232 posts
Tue 31 Dec 2013
at 14:22
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
The (uneaten) portion of apple is red. Probably.  It is hard to determine because it is caked in chalk dust and plaster dust, just like the schoolmaster himself. Unlike the schoolmaster it is shrivelled, presumably from age.
Vithrain
 player, 187 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Tue 31 Dec 2013
at 20:03
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Vithrain frowns. Half stepping forward VIthrain imperceptibly steps on the wizards foot and firmly presses down, but he does all that without drawing any attention to the action at all. at the same time he knocks the apple out of the man's hands and half watches as it rolls away. He also watches for any sign of movement from the Master.
Elstarir
 player, 135 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Tue 31 Dec 2013
at 20:05
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Elstarir stood just inside the door ready to grab anyone who tired to enter
Tarrian
 player, 99 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Wed 1 Jan 2014
at 10:37
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
The superstitous female barbarian takes a few step back.  Trying not to show her inbreed dislike and distrust of arcane magic of the type that the Elf Wizard uses.  She nervously waits to see what kind of 'presto chango alla kazam' spell, Vithrain will attempt to cast!
Mannath
 player, 159 posts
 Rogue
Thu 2 Jan 2014
at 08:20
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Mannath held back, gesturing to the Elven brothers than he was happy for them do deal with the magicky stuff.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 233 posts
Thu 9 Jan 2014
at 11:10
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
The apple bounced on the dirty floorboards and lazily rolled away though the debris before hitting a wall it a mushy thump.  It did not do anything suspicous.

The children meanwhile do not seem to notice, or more accurately to care being engaged in a thrilling looking battle of hurling inkblots at each other.  The master for his part continued to snore.
Vithrain
 player, 189 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 9 Jan 2014
at 12:22
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Vithrain dismisses the apple from his conscious. It was circumstantial and nothing more.

"Thought as much. Hmmmmm."

Vithrain pulls out a quill from his pack and uses the feather end to tickle the Master's nose, then his ear, under his chin and back to his nose. Expecting nothing to work he then uses the nib end to move the Master's other hand, the one which had not held the apple, to check if he is holding anything in that one. He will then use the quill to move his arms, lapels, clothes and anything else he can to look for items that would not normally be on a person like this.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 235 posts
Thu 23 Jan 2014
at 17:56
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
The Master mumbles something indecipherable but irritable as Vithrain pokes and prods him.  What he does not do is rouse from his slumber, strongly suggesting to you that he has been drugged.  An examination of his clothing reveals a few pieces of chalk, an unappetising looking pie that is presumably his lunch and nothing else of any signifigance.

Just at that moment your investigations are interrupted by a crash, a thump, a yell and and a rain of plaster.  One of the boys messing about on the illrepaired roof has just crashed through.  Mercifully he seems dazed but unharmmed, possibly becacause he has landed on the Master (who mumbles something and continues dozing).  In his hands the stunned looking boy is still holding the schools bronze weathervane - a ship.
Tarrian
 player, 100 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Thu 23 Jan 2014
at 19:33
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Hearing the noise coming from above her. Tarrian is able to jump back close to the wall.  Just before the celling came crashing down.  An reaching into the dust she grabbed the one who caused it, painfully by his ear, causing him to drop his prize on top the rubble on the floor. Saying.
"I got you, you little troublemaker!  Where I come from, you'd get your hide tanned but good, for doing something like this!!!"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:36, Thu 23 Jan 2014.

Vithrain
 player, 190 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 23 Jan 2014
at 21:51
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Spluttering from the dust Vithrain reacts without even thinking about it and picks up the dropped weathervane.

Does his magic sense go off when he does this?

This message was last edited by the player at 08:54, Sat 01 Feb 2014.

Mannath
 player, 160 posts
 Rogue
Sat 25 Jan 2014
at 09:01
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Mannath did his best to hide the smirk broadening across his face. In his youth this was just the kind of stunt he would have been involved with. He had had his fair share of nighttime rooftop adventures as a young boy, from stealing the lead off a temple roof to stealing a glance in the window of the girls dormitory at bedtime, hoping for a glimpse of soft pink flesh.

He looked over at Tarrian. "Easy there, sister," he said in a mock stern tone. "Don't tell me you never got into trouble as a kid!"
Tarrian
 player, 101 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Fri 31 Jan 2014
at 17:59
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Mannath:
He looked over at Tarrian. "Easy there, sister," he said in a mock stern tone. "Don't tell me you never got into trouble as a kid!"

Glancing over at Mannath, the Plain's Woman said.
"Something tells me that any punishment this one gets, will be long over due!"
Elstarir
 player, 136 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Sat 1 Feb 2014
at 08:33
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Elstarir looked over from where he was standing by the door " could that be the thing we are after?" He asked "perhaps we can now get out of here no telling what we might catch from these little....ah.... Humans" he said with a slight smile on his face

This message was last edited by the player at 08:33, Sat 01 Feb 2014.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 237 posts
Mon 3 Feb 2014
at 18:13
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
The dropped weathervane has clearly seen better days and the bronze is tarnished but it is still recognisably a galleon. It is sturdy and heavy but not so much it could not be carried in a backpack.

The luckless boy manages to squirm out of Tarrian's grasp and run for the exit as fast as his little legs can carry him, much to the jeers and boos of his fellows (Tarrian could probably deliver a kick to his rear as he escapes, otherwise he flees the building.)
Vithrain
 player, 191 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 6 Feb 2014
at 11:25
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Looking at the others, Vithrain says, "Well, it certainly isn't magical, but it is mastercrafted so could probably be used as a part of some bigger device I guess."

Vithrain dusts himself off, looks up at the hole in the ceiling then walks back outside and splashes water from a fountain over his dust covered head to rinse out the filth.
Tarrian
 player, 102 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Sat 8 Feb 2014
at 10:08
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
The Gamesmaster:
The luckly boy manages to squirm out of Tarrian's grasp and run for the exit as fast as his little legs can carry him, much to the jeers and boos of his fellows (Tarrian could probably deliver a kick to his rear as he escapes, otherwise he flees the building.)


Having caught the lad.  She figured that his fellows would child him and even perhaps beat him up for loosing the bronze weather vane.  Which for lad would be punishment enough.
So she let it appeared that he had slipped her grip and like some hero of old.  Had escaped the 'Dragon' so to speak with his live.  Thus she made a show of attepting to recapture him, but just failing by a hair.
Elstarir
 player, 137 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Thu 13 Feb 2014
at 13:18
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
As the kid skidded out the room and passed Elstarir he gave him a half hearted boot up the rear as he went by not worrying too much if he actually hit.

" OK can we please leave I find human schools like this extremely depressing, smelly and dirty... I for one will need to have another wash" referring to the bath he needed after clambering through the sewers some days earlier.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 241 posts
Fri 14 Feb 2014
at 11:40
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
After returning to the inn to collect your keg (and bathe) you move on to Brion's Bluff. The weather has been growing steadily worse as afternoon wears away and by the time you return to the streets fat droplets of rain are exploding on the flagstones around you - an unsual occurence in sunny Kallamehr!

A mighty storm assails Brion's Bluff as you approach the cliff's edge.  Waves crash against the rocks far below. It is an ominous evening. As you hurl the ship, the cask and ring out to sea, the storm seems to become yet more frenzied.  The clouds brew overhead.  You can do nothing but stand and wait...

End of Act 1