Act I, Scene Two: About Town.   Posted by The Gamesmaster.Group: 0
Elstarir
 player, 127 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Sun 3 Nov 2013
at 21:38
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
As he stands ans turns into Elstarir the elf reaches out and spins the boy back round and now with both hands on his shoulders forces him back into his seat.

"Not so fast sir I do believe you should at least allow the players a chance to win back their gold. It would be unfar to cut and run when lady luck seems to be turning for those around the table."

his grip is firm and the edge in his voice matached that of his brothers
Mannath
 player, 148 posts
 Rogue
Mon 4 Nov 2013
at 16:02
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Smugly, Mannath scooped up his winnings. As the youth tried to run he would have been happy to let him go, but Elstarir was clearly in no mood to let his off that easily. If the lad had simply been cheating he would have intervened to save the trickster, but using magic was just cheating.

Instead he agreed with his Elven comrade. "Quite right too. You wouldn't want to be accused of cheating now would you. All's fair, and all that. Bad reputations can be damned hard to shift."

He let his hand dropped close to his sword handle, keeping it casual but making sure that the youth saw the action.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 217 posts
Thu 7 Nov 2013
at 16:18
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
The youth who'd been running the shell game looked at Elstarir, then and Mannath and very reluctanly sat back down. Looking rather pale he asked the tavern in general:"Uh... would anyone like a second go?"

Meanwhile his comrade in arms seems even happier to oblige, babbling profuse apologies to the barmaid and reaching for his purse with his free arm.  The barmaid let him go and turned a pleased but mystified expression to Vithrain.

After explanations (which take a long time - half orcs are not that fast on the uptake) the barmaid walks over to speak with the innkeeper. She returns to your table a moment later, smiling. "Asculf decided to give you something for spotting those cheats; how does a keg of dwarven ale sound? Shipped all the way Port Blacksand just yesterday."
Vithrain
 player, 174 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Mon 11 Nov 2013
at 10:52
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Vithrain smiles,

"It sounds wonderful, thank you."

Turnign back to his friends who are once more sat at the table Vithrain says, "Well I think that worked out aright, but we had better watch our backs as I expect the gentleman there will be less than happy with us after this."
Tarrian
 player, 91 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Fri 15 Nov 2013
at 02:59
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
Looking around the table.  Tarrian laughlingly said.
"Yes, that indeed turned out rather well.  To bad most of our plans don't work as smoothly!.  I think I will call it a night.  Don't drink to deeply from our reward, laddies.  An forget we have to be over to the Nautical Academy, early in the morning?"
With that, she got up and headed up the stairs to her lodgings.
Mannath
 player, 150 posts
 Rogue
Fri 15 Nov 2013
at 16:24
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
"A keg of Dwarven ale sounds just the ticket! Them shortstuffs are a funny lot, but they know how to brew their grog!"

He turned to Vithrain and clapped him on the back. "One more on the list."
Elstarir
 player, 128 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Fri 15 Nov 2013
at 16:44
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
"Brother I will let you get on with your evenings entertainment. I think at least one of us should be sober in the morning." With that the young wood elf said his good nights and headed off to sleep
Vithrain
 player, 175 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Fri 15 Nov 2013
at 20:56
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
"How ironic. I was the first to say I wanted bed, and now I'm one of the last. However I will have just the one tankard of Ale I think and then retire." Vithrain says to Mannath.
Mannath
 player, 151 posts
 Rogue
Mon 18 Nov 2013
at 18:21
Re: At the Parrot in a Cage
In reply to Vithrain (msg # 290):

Mannath grinned. "Well, it would be rude to let you drink on your own..."
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 221 posts
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 01:53
On til morning...
Some time later you all retire, several drinks the worse (or better depending on your perspective).  Vithrain gets the distinct impression that the half-orcish barmaid Rona has been flirting with him but it possible that was just the ale talking. She does promise to keep the keg the inn gave you save for the time being.

The inn room is cramped for four but otherwise more than satisfactory.  Exhausted you soon fall asleep, your dreams those of your various homelands far to the north.

The morning comes and with it the soft light of daybreak, the distant call of seagulls over the bay and the smell of something delicious cooking downstairs in the inn's kitchen.


OOC: Everyone regain 2 STAMINA points if injured.

Vitrain, reset your Magic Points to their initial level.

Tarrian
 player, 93 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 06:14
Re: On til morning...
Not much after cock's crow.  The Pagan Plains woman comes downstairs and has a hearty breakfast!
Vithrain
 player, 177 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 07:50
Re: On til morning...
Vithrain wakes, still blurry eyed from sleep and makes his way downstairs, mostly through the use of his sense of smell as his eyes were still not wanting to open fully.

Nodding and giving a small but genuine smile to Tarrian Vithrain parks his small elvish bum down on a hard stool. Stifling a yawn Vithrain rubbed the last of the sleep from his eyes and finally woke up properly as a large plate of fried breakfast was placed in front of him by the half orc barmaid, who flashed him a rather large smile.

Vithrain wasn't sure, but he thought she winked at him as she turned and headed back to the bar.

He shook his head slightly in bemusement then tucked in.
Tarrian
 player, 94 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 08:30
Re: On til morning...
Having observed the half-orc server's actions towards Vithrain.  For some reason Tarrian didn't like it much.  She suddenly felt flushed and had a unfamiliar uncomfortable feeling in her gut.  Perhaps it was the food.  She leaned toward Vithrain, and said just loud enough for him to hear.

"You two knock boots late last night?  You know what they say, once you go half orc.  You won't beable to go back.  Because you will likely catch a malady that will make your magic wand shrivel up and then finally fall off after awhile!"

As the Barbarian finished, she failed to stiffle a short nervous laugh.  Tarrian found herself wondering what had caused her to say such a thing to the elven magic user.  She quickly finishing her breakfast.  Then went out to the stableyard to stretch and limber up, then do some weapon exercises and shadow sparring.  Awaiting the others to be ready to depart.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:47, Thu 21 Nov 2013.

Mannath
 player, 153 posts
 Rogue
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 09:29
Re: On til morning...
Mannath woke, and wished he hadn't. His head was throbbing. Dwarven ale was certainly good stuff, but the price paid was a dwarven hangover. It felt like seven little pairs of feet were tramping back and forth across his skull, singing "hi ho, hi ho."

He crawled out of his bed, and checked his clothing. Luckily he hadn't soiled himself, but his outfit was certainly less fresh than it had been the day before. Snippets of memory came back from the night before... a stolen kiss with a young maid, some playful fisticuffs with a local squire, and a song about a courtesan, a monkey and a sailor with an enormous oar...

He dressed slowly and eased himself downstairs. Parking himself next to his companions he ignored their catcalls and reached for the water jug. Suddenly a plate of food appeared in front of him. Cold cuts of meat, cheese, fruits... he pushed it away and instead reached for a still-warm bread roll. Gently he tore chunks off and slowly munched on them, desperately trying not to bring it all back up.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 222 posts
Tue 26 Nov 2013
at 12:42
Re: On til morning...
The inn is not busy at this hour with only a few fellow patrons enjoying their breakfast.  As you finish eating and take your leave Rona gives you a breezy (if slightly tusky) smile, her gaze perhaps lingering a little on Vithrain.

Outside it is another warm day in the city and the streets are full of people of a dozen different nations and races passing along on their business.  Two large, dark skinned men pass by carrying an ornate palanquin in the direction of the bathouse. The rest of you, alas, must cope with the dust and heat on foot.
Mannath
 player, 154 posts
 Rogue
Wed 27 Nov 2013
at 09:20
Re: On til morning...
Still feeling somewhat worse for wear, Mannath allowed the gentle sunshine and breeze to waft over him. He looked at his companions. "So where to today? Back to that school for pirates we saw yesterday?"
Elstarir
 player, 129 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Wed 27 Nov 2013
at 15:24
Re: On til morning...
The young elf archer came in through the tavern door as the others were coming down the stairs. Though he was breathing evenly he was covered in sweat having just finished a good ten mile run round the surrounding area.

He felt relaxed and re-energised as he greeted his brother and the others warmly before heading up stairs and washing and dressing for the journey ahead.

Once he had returned to the main tavern he sat with his brother just as Tarrian mentioned the half Orc barmaid " ooh brother you didn't did you? He asked playfully digging his brother in the side " you know ale and you don't mix .... Or should I just remind you of the female centaur incident a few years ago" he added the last bit with a light laugh

This message was last edited by the player at 15:24, Wed 27 Nov 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 95 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Wed 27 Nov 2013
at 17:48
Re: On til morning...
Still waiting on the others, outside in the stableyards.  After finishing her weapons routine.  The plains woman went over to the first stall of the stable, which held a black gelding.  Who was the best example of horseflesh, currently at the stable.  She scatched his neck and feed him a apple she had.
Tarrian's people were horse nomads,thus she had had her own pony from the age of five and full grown horse by age 10.  She missed being around and working with horses on a daily bases.  She would love to take the gilding for a ride outside the city.  An had to really fight back the urge to do so.  Instead gave the horse a good brush down with a curry comb she found nearby.
Vithrain
 player, 178 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 28 Nov 2013
at 07:50
Re: On til morning...
Vithrain's jaw is a second away from dropping when he mentally stops it. Instead he just sits there while first Tarrian and then Elstarir ribs him about the half-orc that he had absolutely no interactions with. He was as mystified as the others as to why she was giving him so much attention.

What was most unusual though was Tarrian's reaction. She was a level-headed woman normally and so her outburst was very uncharacteristic! Vithrain was naive when it came to matters of the heart and he knew it, so he put her outburst down to "womanly things" and just ate his breakfast.

"The nautical academy would be my choice." he says simply.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 224 posts
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 00:32
Return to the Nautical Academy
The Nautical Academy on Brine road is, if anything, even more chaotic than on your last visit. Hordes of boys clamber around the rickety structure hurling roof tiles at each other, fighting with wooden swords and generally making an ear splitting racket, especially to the elves in the party.

The door is open and children run in and out of it laughing, playing, yelling and fighting, usually all three at the same time.  Overhead you hear a wild yelp of excitement as a grubby boy swings around on the old bronze weathervane shaped like a ship.
Mannath
 player, 155 posts
 Rogue
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 07:58
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Mannath grinned at the ruckus. He turned to his companions, "Looks like my kind of school."

He looked over the building, scanning it from top to bottom. His head was still a little fuzzy. "So, why are we here again, exactly?"
Tarrian
 player, 96 posts
 Barbarian Warrior
 of the Pagan Plains
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 08:02
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Arriving at the very chaotic Academy.  The tall warrior woman demanded of the first child, that stopped to notice that they where there.
"You there, yes, you!  Who is in charge around here.  An why are they letting you little hellions run around here, doing what you like and tearing up the place?"
Vithrain
 player, 179 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 12:19
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
Vithrain looks around himself and searches for an adult - someone who might actually know what's going on.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 226 posts
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 12:29
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
The child wriggles out of Tarrian's grasp and sticks his tongue out at her.  As he runs off he tauntingly cries out: "The Master's in charge only 'es 'avin a nap."

The doorway is now open and you are free to enter.  From inside comes more childish whoops and cries.
Vithrain
 player, 182 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 12:55
Re: Return to the Nautical Academy
"Well the child tells the truth. The 'Master' is just through that doorway there. Should we disturb him do you think?" Vithrain asks of the others.