Act I, Scene Two: About Town.   Posted by The Gamesmaster.Group: 0
Mannath
 player, 66 posts
 Rogue
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 07:20
Re: To the Market Square...
Mannath stood grim faced. He didn't fancy tracking down a Minotaur, or anyone crazy enough to steal one!
Ignatius Galapogas
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 11:32
Re: To the Market Square...
"He called himself Fortunatus though I've no doubt that was a fake name." Ignatius says. "A short, weasel of a man in gray robes. You know that is the strangest thing! I am no gullible sort but he was so convincing at the time that I felt sure it would be safe to leave my goods in his care and yet now I can't think why I should have taken him at his word. He is probably still lurking somewhere by the docks: all the gutter thieves and smugglers seem drawn to the warren of streets down there."

Dabbing his eyes a last time Ignatius puts away his silk hankerchief. "If you do find word of my Minotaur I shall be staying at the Silver Sovereign Inn on Icon Street. I cannot thank you enough on all your help and may the luck of the gods go with you."

Ignatius departs and you take the time to listen to any rumours going around in the hopes they might be helpful.



OOC: Everyone roll two d6  but keep track of the individual die rolls. The individual results are more important than the total.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:35, Tue 05 Mar 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 44 posts
 Adventurer
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 11:53
Re: To the Market Square...
Tarrian was ambling around behind the group, a little dazed from the battering Largo had given her.  Under her thick hair she could feel an enormous bump, which would have been comical on somebody else's head, sticky with blood.  One of the merchants tried to engage her in conversation, clearly smitten with the exotic virago, but she was too woozy to do much more than smile politely back at him.

13:00, Today: Tarrian rolled 2 using 1d6. Tarrian roll 2.
13:00, Today: Tarrian rolled 2 using 1d6. Tarrian roll 1.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:00, Tue 05 Mar 2013.

The Handmaiden
 player, 32 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 18:26
Re: To the Market Square...
Ignatius Galapogas:
"He called himself Fortunatus though I've no doubt that was a fake name." Ignatius says. "A short, weasel of a man in gray robes. You know that is the strangest thing! I am no gullible sort but he was so convincing at the time that I felt sure it would be safe to leave my goods in his care and yet now I can't think why I should have taken him at his word. He is probably still lurking somewhere by the docks: all the gutter thieves and smugglers seem drawn to the warren of streets down there."

Dabbing his eyes a last time Ignatius puts away his silk hankerchief. "If you do find word of my Minotaur I shall be staying at the Silver Sovereign Inn on Icon Street. I cannot thank you enough on all your help and may the luck of the gods go with you."

Ignatius departs and you take the time to listen to any rumours going around in the hopes they might be helpful.



OOC: Everyone roll two d6  but keep track of the individual die rolls. The individual results are more important than the total.



To the Director: does this description match with the Baron's assassin? I may ask more questions to clarify.
It smells fishy that this guy seems to have cast a charme or similar spell on Ignatius...
The Handmaiden
 player, 33 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 18:27
Re: To the Market Square...
OOC: Everyone roll two d6  but keep track of the individual die rolls. The individual results are more important than the total.


You rolled 5 using 2d6 ((3,2)).

This message was last edited by the player at 18:27, Tue 05 Mar 2013.

The Handmaiden
 player, 34 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 18:30
Re: To the Market Square...
Tarrian:
Tarrian was ambling around behind the group, a little dazed from the battering Largo had given her.  Under her thick hair she could feel an enormous bump, which would have been comical on somebody else's head, sticky with blood.  One of the merchants tried to engage her in conversation, clearly smitten with the exotic virago, but she was too woozy to do much more than smile politely back at him.

13:00, Today: Tarrian rolled 2 using 1d6. Tarrian roll 2.
13:00, Today: Tarrian rolled 2 using 1d6. Tarrian roll 1.


Chadda check the injury as soon as out of the attention of the passerbys and puts her hands on it.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:05, Tue 05 Mar 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 85 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 20:32
Re: To the Market Square...
GM:
OOC: Everyone roll two d6  but keep track of the individual die rolls. The individual results are more important than the total.


You rolled 10 using 2d6 ((6,4)).
Mannath
 player, 67 posts
 Rogue
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 22:53
Re: To the Market Square...
22:49, Today: Mannath rolled 10 using 2d6 with rolls of 5,5. GM requested roll.

Mannath glanced over at Tarrian, a worried look on his face. Despite his bluster he regarded her as his sister, and didn't like seeing her hurt. Still, his bravado took over as usual. "You'd better be careful, sister of my heart. Your head is leaking somewhat and making a mess of this beautiful marketplace."

He nodded gratefully to Chadda as she offered to assist his companion.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:53, Tue 05 Mar 2013.

Elstarir
 player, 67 posts
 Archer
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 21:31
Re: To the Market Square...
OOC:
21:30, Today: Elstarir rolled 3 using 1d6. roll 2.
21:30, Today: Elstarir rolled 5 using 1d6. roll 1.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 107 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 23:57
Re: To the Market Square...
Tarrian: At Chadda's touch the trobbing pain in your head vanishes. Touching your scalp you realise your bump has healed. Thoughts clear you can now pay attention to the silk merchant who is trying to impress you with flowery words. He is at least a head shorter than you and ten or more years your senior but if his looks aren't admirable his persistance is.

The Handmaiden: A wizened vendor tries repeatedly sell a necklace of rose pearls, haggling over the price regardless of whether you encourage him or not.

Vithrain: You fall into conversation with a street illusionist who has been entertaining locals with a display of coloured lights. His magic is of course hoplessly primitive to a trained elven mage but he seems a pleasant fellow, much impressed to be speaking to a true wizard.

Mannath: A decidely shady looking seller of amulets and enchanted trinkets tries to interest you in some of her junk. You're far too seasoned to fall for her patter but she seems to realise you are kindered spirit and she soon eases the sales pitch in exchange for a roguish grin and queries about your own home town.

Elstarir: After the presence of so many unwashed humans the pungent aroma of the spice market stalls is almost a relief. While strolling along seeming to examine the wares you overhear plenty of conversations that others would prefer to keep quiet (Elven ears have their upside.)
The Handmaiden
 player, 36 posts
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 00:19
Re: To the Market Square...
Ignatius Galapogas:
<i>"He called himself Fortunatus though I've no doubt that was a fake name." Ignatius says. "A short, weasel of a man in gray robes. You know that is the strangest thing! I am no gullible sort but he was so convincing at the time that I felt sure it would be safe to leave my goods in his care and yet now I can't think why I should have taken him at his word. He is probably still lurking somewhere by the docks: all the gutter thieves and smugglers seem drawn to the warren of streets down there."


Chadda shares with the others that this description may well be the Riddling Reiver and therefore going after the Minotaur may be a good lead...
The Handmaiden
 player, 37 posts
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 00:21
Re: To the Market Square...
The Gamesmaster:
The Handmaiden: A wizened vendor tries repeatedly sell a necklace of rose pearls, haggling over the price regardless of whether you encourage him or not.


Chadda tries to get more useful information from the vendor
Mannath
 player, 68 posts
 Rogue
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 09:32
Re: To the Market Square...
Chatting to the trader, Mannath managed to keep his gold in his pocket rather than make a purchase. He appraised the seller. She seemed a comely sort, definitely worth a tumble if circumstances were different, but alas, the time was wrong. Her chat about gambling on pit fights intrigued him, and he pressed her for more information.

Once the conversation had finished he sought the others. "Apparently they have pit fighting here, down by the docks. Could be an interesting diversion for us, and maybe we can earn a bit of coin." Mannath liked a wager, and he was pretty good at haggling good odds and picking a winner (well, he thought so anyway...).
Tarrian
 player, 47 posts
 Adventurer
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 15:30
Re: To the Market Square...
Tarrian was not completely comfortable with magic, but her time travelling with Vithrain had opened her eyes to its usefulness.  She murmured a half-hearted thank you to Chadda as she felt the pain and swelling recede.

"It sounds like we should head down to the docks," Tarrian said to the others. "The other locations will be there tomorrow, but who knows what this Fortunatas plans to do with the minotaur?"
The Handmaiden
 player, 38 posts
Fri 8 Mar 2013
at 20:11
Re: To the Market Square...
Ignatius Galapogas:
<i>" He is probably still lurking somewhere by the docks: all the gutter thieves and smugglers seem drawn to the warren of streets down there."


"OK, Tarrian"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:21, Fri 08 Mar 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 86 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Fri 8 Mar 2013
at 21:30
Re: To the Market Square...
"I know of someone to speak to about the characters that come out at night if such a thing is needed." Vithrain offers.
Elstarir
 player, 68 posts
 Archer
Fri 8 Mar 2013
at 21:48
Re: To the Market Square...
Elstarir nudged his brother " there are people round here looking to higher men with no morals what do you make of that?"
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 108 posts
Mon 11 Mar 2013
at 15:28
Re: To the Market Square...


You decide to investigate the docks. Leaving Market Square you travel down the Way of the Rat. As you pass by the buildings change from merchant townhouses to the smaller, ramshackle residences of the dockers themselves. Most of those you see are human but here and there you see dwarfs, man orcs and half-goblins. You pass the great jetties where the large ocean going galleons dock and emerge into a seedy area: the old docks.

The old docks are dirty, dark, smelly and full of the shadiest characters you have ever seen. Mysterious robed figures loiter on every corner and you have the distinct feeling that unseen eyes are watching your every move. As you approach the large wooden storage barns which line the waterfront you stop in your tracks. The barn door furthest from you creaks open, and two shady figures emerge, manhandling what appears to be a body. They drag it to the quayside and drop it into the sea. As they slide back towards the barn, you hear shouting from inside the huge building.

The Handmaiden
 player, 39 posts
Mon 11 Mar 2013
at 18:07
Re: To the Market Square...
Chadda, without showing it to much, tries and listens as much as she can at what is shouted inside.
Tarrian
 player, 48 posts
 Adventurer
Tue 12 Mar 2013
at 20:04
Re: To the Market Square...
Tarrian is on high alert in this dangerous environment, her eyes sweeping around like a huntress...unsure whether she's predator or prey, here.

She can tell that Chadda is listening in to the muffled voices coming from the warehouse, so she keeps her own voice low when she murmurs to the men.  "Was that...a burial custom of your people?" she asks.  It didn't look like one to her, but she'd once caused Mannath enormous embarrassment by breaking up a perfectly normal funeral and attempting to rescue the departed.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:19, Tue 12 Mar 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 87 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Wed 13 Mar 2013
at 15:30
Re: To the Market Square...
Vithrain speaks a caution, "I recommend, Tarrian, that you forget what you just saw and that we all walk on past. I do not think we are enough in number to take on the sort of group that will be holed up inside that building.

We are outsiders here - we do what we came to do, then we get out. Leave everyone else to their own business. If the city want this place cleaned up then they can ask, otherwise leave it to the guard."

Elstarir
 player, 69 posts
 Archer
Thu 14 Mar 2013
at 19:44
Re: To the Market Square...
Elstarir walks next to his brother an ever present shadow ready to step in front of any danger that might threaten his older sibling. His bow is held at his side but held in the middle ready to use it at a moments notice.

" though I hate my brother's point of view I have to agree with him we cannot interfere with thing that do not concern us"
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 109 posts
Thu 14 Mar 2013
at 19:50
Re: To the Market Square...
Getting close to the door Chadda can make out more sounds...


The Handmaiden
 player, 41 posts
Thu 14 Mar 2013
at 19:52
Re: To the Market Square...
Chadda raises her hand, as if she was listening something interesting, but not perfectly clear.
She slowly gets closer to the door, but not too much, trying to listen more.
Mannath
 player, 69 posts
 Rogue
Thu 14 Mar 2013
at 21:53
Re: To the Market Square...
Mannath grinned at the discomfort of the others. This place felt homely to him. He had grown up on the streets, and was used to the poor and downtrodden going about their business, both legitimate and nefarious...

Despite his relaxed demeanour his senses were on full alert, his eyes scanning all around and his ears pricked for any interesting sounds.