Act I, Scene Two: About Town.   Posted by The Gamesmaster.Group: 0
Elstarir
 player, 77 posts
 Archer
Sat 30 Mar 2013
at 08:37
Re: At the Docks
The elf smiled " you have no sense of adventure my friend" he replied "perhaps the others should give their opinion on this course of action"

This message was last edited by the player at 08:37, Sat 30 Mar 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 91 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Sat 30 Mar 2013
at 09:40
Re: At the Docks
A shadow had passed over Vithrain's face at the sight of the Minotaur.

Turning to his friends and brother he says, "Stay together, by the door but NOT in front of it, understand?"

Without waiting for an answer Vithrain turns and strides towards the entrance to the depression, holding his hand in the air as he does so to draw attention to himself.

"Here. Let me!"
Elstarir
 player, 79 posts
 Archer
Sat 30 Mar 2013
at 09:54
Re: At the Docks
Damn it, thought Elstarir , what the hell was his brother up to. Stepping back and to the side he removed an arrow from his quiver and keeping his bow low loaded it ready to protect his sibling and even the Minotaur is needed
The Handmaiden
 player, 52 posts
Sat 30 Mar 2013
at 10:03
Re: At the Docks
Chadda whispers to the rest of the group: "*OUR* Minotaur is from Shabak and has a poisonous breath... there must be another...
Maybe if somebody wins this there will be another brought out..."

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 117 posts
Mon 1 Apr 2013
at 02:36
Re: At the Docks
Excited heads turn towards you as Vithrain accepts the challenge. A murmmur of surprise travels across the audience at the sight of the skinny elven wizard volunteering. Almost at once it is followed by a chorus of laughter, jeers and racial epitaths. Clearly confidence in the challenger is not high.

As you push your way to the edge of the pit. The Master of Ceremonies gives Vithrain a doubtful once over, then shrugs. "I hope you've made your peace with the gods my pointy earred friend." Turning to the audience he raises his voice: "The official odds on our brave stranger are twenty to one. As always Thelgor the Dwarf will handle the bets." As if on cue the same dwarf who let you in appears next to the Master of Ceremonies, eyeing the crowd with greedy eyes. He takes one look at Vithrain and erupts into an unpleasant sound you eventually realise is laughter.

The duo gesture to a short wooden ladder leading down into the pit. Below the minotaur is pacing, it's nostrils flared and ears flattened back. It knows a fight is about to happen.

Tarrian
 player, 54 posts
 Adventurer
Tue 2 Apr 2013
at 10:18
Re: At the Docks
Tarrian tugged urgently at Vithrain's sleeve.  "Vithrain, are you...sure about this?"  Worry was written all over her face.
The Handmaiden
 player, 53 posts
Tue 2 Apr 2013
at 16:11
Re: At the Docks
Chadda places a 5 coins bet and then positions herself where instructed by Vithrain.
"Come, let's follow his instructions... not sure what he has in his mind, but... let's give him the due trust."
Mannath
 player, 79 posts
 Rogue
Tue 2 Apr 2013
at 19:49
Re: At the Docks
Mannath stared at the wizard for a few moments, then shook his head. Clearly the elf had lost his senses... or had something up his sleeve.

He sidled up the the dwarf running the book. Despite temptation to wager on the Minotaur to win he resisted. Truth was the odds would mean only a small winning purse, and also it seemed a bit disloyal to his friend. Instead he pulled out a gold coin and place his bet on his friend to win.
Vithrain
 player, 93 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Tue 2 Apr 2013
at 21:30
Re: At the Docks
Striding in to the ring, but staying at the edge for now, Vithrain Speaks loudly and clearly, "I would say a few words to my opponent before the fight begins! It is a custom amongst Elves to know against whom I fight!"

This message was last edited by the player at 09:42, Wed 03 Apr 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 55 posts
 Adventurer
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 12:27
Re: At the Docks
Tarrian let Chadda pull her away.  "You don't understand," Vithrain could hear her protesting to the handmaiden.  "He's the cleverest man I've ever met, but he has very...strange ideas sometimes, and..." the rest was lost in the roar of the crowd as the elf stepped into the ring.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 118 posts
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 12:47
Round One
The Master of Ceremonies says something back to Vithrain but it is lost in the thuder of the audience as everyone scrambles to get a view of the action. The Master of Ceremonies shrugs and turns over and turns over his sand-glass officially starting the fight.

Scarcely has the elf set foot in the pit than the MINOTAUR bellows in rage, lowers it's head and charges looking to gore Vithrain with it's horns! Up close it looks a lot more dangerous...



Okay the fight will continue (assuming you last that long) for seven rounds. At that point all the sand will have trickled into the bottom of the sand-glass and the fight will be stopped.

MINOTAUR
SKILL 9 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (horns and fists): 2 3 3 3 4 4

Vithrain, if the MINOTAUR wins an attack round Test vs. LUCK.
Vithrain
 player, 95 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 13:18
Re: Round One
13:57, Today: Vithrain rolled 6 using 2d6. Cast Ironhand. T=<=10.

Prepared for such underhand and nefarious dealings Vithrain instantly let off an Ironhand spell on himself to boost his skill level. Skill now 5


14:00, Today: Vithrain rolled 4 using 2d6. Minotaur attack. T<=9.
13:59, Today: Vithrain rolled 11 using 2d6. Skill to duck out the way. T<=5.
14:01, Today: Vithrain rolled 3 using 1d6. damage.

Check with Elstarir regarding luck use. If pass minimises damage to 1.
21:39, Today: Vithrain rolled 5 using 2d6. LUCK roll to minimise that damage. T<=8.
Success - damage reduced from three to one.


Vithrain then ducked low and to the side as the Minotaur's horns came at him. However he was not quick enough and one of the horns cut through his arm, but only as a nasty cut, nothing worse.

Quick as a flash Vithrain grabbed hold of that horn and gained eye contact with the Minotaur. Loud enough for it to hear but no one else he says quickly, We escape. Now. Let me on your back!

This message was last edited by the player at 20:41, Wed 03 Apr 2013.

Mannath
 player, 80 posts
 Rogue
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 17:46
Re: Round One
Mannath winced as the Minotaur charged at his friend. Deciding to tear himself away from the action he stepped back and glanced around. He surveyed the crowd, looking for anything out of the ordinary.
The Handmaiden
 player, 54 posts
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 17:48
Re: Round One
Chadda, still looking at the scene, retreats to a dark corner nearby, with a worried face.
Elstarir
 player, 80 posts
 Archer
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 20:28
Re: Round One
Elstarir knew his brother had told him to wait by the door but then he'd never been good taking orders from his older brother.

So he moved over to the pit edge but a little away from the large crowd. Still with his arrow notched but held down at his side he waited to see what his brother would do before making the decision to pull his fat out of the fire as usual.
The Handmaiden
 player, 55 posts
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 20:52
Re: Round One
PM to the GameMaster
The Handmaiden
 player, 56 posts
Tue 9 Apr 2013
at 19:15
Re: Round One
Chadda tries to remember the riddle:

quote:
What am I?

 I've neither top nor bottom,
 Yet I hold bone and skin;
 I hardly ever make a noise,
 And yet my name's a din.

Where am I?

 Ill-matched is my visage to my frame -
 Horns are on my head, the rest a hideous man;
 By fume well known through all the Allansian lands;
 From man and beast together is my name.


The second part sounds like the Minotaur, but the second part is WHERE I am, not WHAT I am... better guesses, anybody?
I can see nothing significant ON the Minotaur, not even a weapon... unless is its belt? doesn't even look like it has a belt!!! I don't think the Riddling Reaver wants us to strip it completely naked..."



This message was last edited by the player at 19:19, Tue 09 Apr 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 124 posts
Wed 15 May 2013
at 22:58
Re: Round One
Vithrain: You successfully manage to avoid the MINOTAUR'S horns... along with something else as it snorts forth a cloud of yellowish gas from it's muzzel! Fortunately your reflexes save you but your practiced eye suggests the source of the poison gas is the ring in it's nose which glowed for a second marking it as enchanted...

The MINOTAUR either doesn't understand your language or is too enragesd by it's treatment. Effortlessly shaking off your hand it lowers it's head for a second charge.


Round Two

MINOTAUR
SKILL 9 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (horns and fists): 2 3 3 3 4 4

Mannath, Elstarir,Tarrian and Chadda: The crowd boos as the Elf tries to avoid the fight, then cheers as the beast charges for a second time. In the drunken mob you can make out half a dozen accents and languages wagering or commenting on the outcome (not many favour the Elf.)
The Handmaiden
 player, 60 posts
Thu 16 May 2013
at 16:55
Re: Round One
PM to Gamemaster
Mannath
 player, 85 posts
 Rogue
Thu 16 May 2013
at 17:42
Re: Round One
Mannath watched the fight and the crowd, curious to see how things would pan out.
Vithrain
 player, 100 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Wed 22 May 2013
at 13:20
Re: Round One

14:17, Today: Vithrain rolled 8 using 2d6. Minotaur attack. T<=9. pass
14:17, Today: Vithrain rolled 4 using 2d6. Vithrain Skill check, T<=5. pass


With the beast apparently not hearing him, or not caring, Vithrain decides to provide it with a short sharp tap to the head. Bring his staff into play he goes to knock it soundly on the head but instead one of the beast's horn deflects his blow.

Vithrain backs away from the beast's breath.
Elstarir
 player, 86 posts
 Archer
Thu 23 May 2013
at 12:26
Re: Round One
Elstarir sees his brother nearly get mauled and steps through the crowd bow loaded ready to bring it up and kill the monster if his brother gets himself into any more difficulty.
Tarrian
 player, 57 posts
 Adventurer
Tue 28 May 2013
at 11:56
Re: Round One
Tarrian's face is twisted with worry.  Seeing Elstarir unsling his bow, she pushes through the crowd to stand alongside him, ready to bash anybody who tries to spoil the elf's shot.
Mannath
 player, 86 posts
 Rogue
Tue 28 May 2013
at 16:44
Re: Round One
Mannath experienced mixed emotions. On the one hand he was concerned for his friends welfare; on the other he was regretting not putting a big pile of gold on the Minotaur...
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 127 posts
Thu 18 Jul 2013
at 15:43
Round Three!
As you jostle way to the edge of the pit several angry mummurs break out amongst the onlookers. The crowd is becoming angry that the Elf seems more interested in dodging and fighting and are goading on the Minotaur to finish Vithrian off at least those that aren't busy making unflattering remarks about Vithrian's manhood anyway. The sailors and harlots of Kallamehr are quite inventive when it comes to those remarks...

With all eyes on the fight no one seems to have noticed that Elstarir has unslung a bow yet but that ignorance won't last long. Even as Tarrian reaches Elstarir's side the Minotaur lets out a bloodthirtsy bellow and charges the other Elf.


Round Three

MINOTAUR
SKILL 9 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (horns and fists): 2 3 3 3 4 4



16:31, Today: The Gamesmaster rolled 16 using 2d6+9. MINOTAUR Attack Strength.
16:39, Today: The Gamesmaster rolled 2 using 1d6. MINOTAUR Damage (if he hits).

So Vithrian has to roll equal to or more than 16 to avoid taking 3 STAMINA points of damage.

OOC: Except for Vithrain everyone make either a SKILL or a LUCK roll (your choice.)