Act I, Scene Two: About Town.   Posted by The Gamesmaster.Group: 0
Vithrain
 player, 103 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 18 Jul 2013
at 15:58
Re: Round Three!
OOC: Vithrain rolled 11 using 2d6+5. Vs Minotaur.T=16.
Takes 3 stamina. Current stamina = 4.

Question - I was rolling 2D6 + Skill (5) but do I add another +1 for Staff? It won't change the outcome but would like to know.


Vithrain tries to block the minotaur with his staff but those darned horns hook round his defences and tear a wound into Vithrain's side. Bleeding, Vithrain hobbles backwards.

OOC: Can I cast a spell at him?
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 129 posts
Thu 18 Jul 2013
at 16:08
Re: Round Three!
OOC: Yes to both. Vithrian's 'Staff' special skill means he is trained to use it as a weapon, so unless specifically noted you always add that bonus to your Attack Strength roll.

Regarding magic you can cast a spell. However since you are engaged in hand to hand combat at the moment take a temporary -2 penalty to your MAGIC roll (-1 for being in combat and thus distracted and -1 for having just been injured.)

Vithrain
 player, 104 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 18 Jul 2013
at 16:27
Re: Round Three!
OOC: Vithrain rolled 5 using 2d6. Cast Forcebolt. T=< 10-2. Pass.

Vithrain comes to the conclusion that the Minotaur will not listen to reason and does not want to be helped. He also knows that his precious Elven blood is draining away.

Not wanting to die, Vithrain delves deep within himself and lets forth a bolt of energy at the Minotaur.

Vithrain rolled 5 using 1d6. Minotaur damage. No Dodge. Defend with counterspell or wall spell.
Mannath
 player, 92 posts
 Rogue
Thu 18 Jul 2013
at 17:02
Re: Round Three!
Noticing Elstarir and Tarrian beginning to make a move, Mannath carefully let his hand slide down to his sword hilt.

18:00, Today: Mannath rolled 7 using 2d6. Luck roll.

Luck now down to 11.

The Handmaiden
 player, 67 posts
Thu 18 Jul 2013
at 20:39
Re: Round Three!
21:36, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 5 using 2d6. LUCK roll.
Elstarir
 player, 88 posts
 Archer
Sun 21 Jul 2013
at 08:10
Re: Round Three!
Seeing his brother getting himself into trouble yet again the elf archer stepped up to the edge of the pit.

He'd already notched an arrow earlier so it was a simple exercise to bring up his bow sight down the shaft at the monster and fire

OOC: 09:12, Today: Elstarir rolled 15 using 2d6+9. minatour roll. 09:12, Today: Elstarir rolled 14 using 2d6+9. missile attack.


Unfortunately at the very last second the crowd surged forward and the elf was knocked. Instead of hitting home the arrow went wide of the mark

This message was last edited by the player at 08:15, Sun 21 July 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 62 posts
 Adventurer
Sun 21 Jul 2013
at 09:53
Re: Round Three!
OOC: Tarrian is being NPCd by the Gamesmaster

10:50, Today: The Gamesmaster, on behalf of Tarrian, rolled 7 using 2d6. LUCK roll.


With impressive agility Tarrian leapt into the pit; the tall barbarian warrioress raised her spear and took a confident step to put herself between the battered Elf wizard and the bloodied minotaur.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 134 posts
Sun 21 Jul 2013
at 10:48
Chaos at the pit!
With the sudden blaze of magic from Vithrain and the intervention of Tarrian and Elstarir all hell broke loose and boos and cries of "cheat" start ringing out from the spectators - along with hurled insults and bottles. But the chaos barely had time to break when something even more startling happened; from out of the shadows a sleek and powerful TIGERESS, fully three meters long leapt into the pit and with a roar moved to savage the Minotaur!

The cries of outrage and confusion from the crowd of onlookers were joined by cries of terror as many took one look at the unexplained jungle cat and fled, barging their way through the throng. Others, though no quicker to face the tigeress broke out into fights were the neighbours as they demanded the money owed them or roared lusty threats of revenge against the cause of their troublwes (no few eyes are directed at you from this group.)

In the chaos you manage to catch sight of the dwarf with the moneybox sprinting with startling speed for the warehouse exit, pursued by three or four furious thugs. The master of ceremonies is nowhere having vanished at the first sign of trouble.

Whether pushed into the pit by the mob or jumping of their own free will three onlookers land in the sand; none of them want to go anywhere near the tigeress and the minotaur but two draw blades and move cautiously against Tarrian. They are olive skinned Southern Allansians with dark beards; probably Kallamehr natives by their dress.


FIRST KALLAMEHR THUG
SKILL 7 STAMINA 7

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

The third figure is also likely Kallamehran by dress and looks but is shorter and slighter than the others and clearly female. Very clearly female in fact, from her jewellry and flimsy attire you guess she is a street harlot.  She wields a wickedly curved dagger though and as she slides towards the wounded Vithrain she looks like she knows how to use it.

KALLAMEHR HARLOT
SKILL 5 STAMINA 5

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (dagger): 1 1 2 2 2 2

Outside the pit Mannath find themselves confronted by a pair of huge, angry and probably very drunk Northern Allansians - probably barbarian mercenaries by their tattoos, blonde beards and axes. The barbarians attack with other abandon, seemingly uncaring if their wild swings cause any collateral damage or not as long their weapons connect with YOU.

FIRST DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY
SKILL 8 STAMINA 8

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY
SKILL 6 STAMINA 10

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

In the corner meanwhile the two beasts begin their duel...


MINOTAUR
SKILL 9 STAMINA 9 4

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (horns and fists): 2 3 3 3 4 4]



OOC: Okay this can get complicated but basically.

Tarrian is fighting the Thugs.

Vithrain is fighting the Harlot.

Mannath and Elstarir are fighting the Drunken Barbarians

Everyone who rolled LUCK remember to detuct one point if they haven't done so. Vithrain rember to deduct a Magic Point for your spell.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 136 posts
Sun 21 Jul 2013
at 11:32
Re: Chaos at the pit!
Map



Spectators are those patrons who have remained behind but aren't actively hostile - several of them are placing bets on the ongoing fights!
Mannath
 player, 95 posts
 Rogue
Sun 21 Jul 2013
at 17:35
Re: Chaos at the pit!
Mannath easily evaded a clumsy swing from the drunk barbarian. He pushed the man back and whipped out his sword. With a hasty lunge he connected with flesh, his sword biting deep into the man's leg.

18:32, Today: Mannath rolled 2 using 1d6. Mannath damage.
18:31, Today: Mannath rolled 12 using 2d6+6. 2nd barbarian attack strength.
18:30, Today: Mannath rolled 17 using 2d6+8. Mannath attack strength.

Dealt 3 STA damage to 2nd Barbarian.

Elstarir
 player, 91 posts
 Archer
Sun 21 Jul 2013
at 18:06
Re: Chaos at the pit!
Not wanting to drop his bow and not having time to take out his sword the elf spun round on the ball of his feet and coming out of the spin in a crouch whipped his bow out towards the barbarian approaching him


OOC: 19:09, Today: Elstarir rolled 3 using 1d6. Damage. = 3 pts
19:08, Today: Elstarir rolled 19 using 2d6+8. 1st Barbarians attack.
19:08, Today: Elstarir rolled 13 using 2d6+7. Bow strike.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:10, Sun 21 July 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 106 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Mon 22 Jul 2013
at 13:49
Re: Chaos at the pit!
The Gamesmaster:
The third figure is also likely Kallamehran by dress and looks but is shorter and slighter than the others and clearly female. Very clearly female in fact, from her jewellry and flimsy attire you guess she is a street harlot.  She wields a wickedly curved dagger though and as she slides towards the wounded Vithrain she looks like she knows how to use it.

KALLAMEHR HARLOT
SKILL 5 STAMINA 5

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (dagger): 1 1 2 2 2 2

Vithrain rember to deduct a Magic Point for your spell.</Orange>


OOC: Two magic points for Forcebolt. Down to 8 now.

Vithrain laughs mirthlessly. An Interesting turn of events, with a capital "I".

This woman looks like she means business, and currently Vithrain is feeling rather weak from the Minotaur's injuries. Invoking an ancient Elven magical Lore in a spell form takes its toll but will give Vithain the upper hand for the time being - buy him vital seconds to recuperate.

Vithrain rolled 8 using 2d6+1. Invisibility: Maigc 10+2 Lore -1 (so 2d6+1) Injury = a target of 11. Pass.
OOC: Took into account only the -1 for injury, as I'm now not fighting.

Vithrain winked out of sight. Fearing a charge from the warrior woman Vithrain sidesteps a couple of times and actually moves closer to the Minotaur and Cat fight!

Magic Points now down to 4!

This message was last edited by the player at 13:52, Mon 22 July 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 63 posts
 Adventurer
Tue 23 Jul 2013
at 14:01
Re: Chaos at the pit!
"Yah!"  As the two thugs advance on her, Tarrian lashes out with her spear, ripping open his shirt and opening a bloody gash in his side.  His friend swings his scimitar at the barbarian, but she twists aside from the blow.

FIRST KALLAMEHR THUG
SKILL 7 STAMINA 7 4

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 139 posts
Wed 24 Jul 2013
at 10:58
Re: Chaos at the pit!
A bellow of pain suddenly cuts across the warehouse as the Minotaur crumbles back in a bloody heap and the tigeress sits back, the beasts nose-ring triumphantly grasped in her teeth. Most of the remaining non combatants take one look at the sight and start fleeing for the door...

Vithrain abruptly vanishes! The woman who thought the Elf mage was easy pickings stops dead in her tracks. Her expression isn't visible beneath her veil but her brown eyes are wide with shock and with a terrified oath she scrambles for the edge of the pit and presumed safety.


The thugs facing Tarrian are made of sterner (or stupider) stuff and remain in the fight against the barbarian warrioress, though the wounded thug shoots his comrade a shaken glance, obviously hoping to reassure himself they were both in the fight.

Elsewhere the drunken barbarians are entirely focused on crushing the Elf and the Thief before them.  The one Mannath wounded is practically foaming at the mouth as he brings his heavy bladed axe around for the next swing.



OOC:

FIRST KALLAMEHR THUG (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 7 STAMINA 7 4

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG  (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4



KALLAMEHR HARLOT (fleeing!)
SKILL 5 STAMINA 5

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (dagger): 1 1 2 2 2 2




FIRST DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY (fighting Mannath & Elstarirn)
SKILL 8 STAMINA 8

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY (fighting Mannath & Elstarirn)
SKILL 6 STAMINA 10 7

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

Vithrain
 player, 107 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Wed 24 Jul 2013
at 11:11
Re: Chaos at the pit!
Message to GM.
Mannath
 player, 96 posts
 Rogue
Wed 24 Jul 2013
at 15:58
Re: Chaos at the pit!
Sensing that he has the upper hand on the barbarian brute, Mannath pressed forward and swung his sword like he actually knew what he was doing. By some miracle he again evaded his opponents clumsy axe swing and stepped inside his guard. He slashed hard, again meeting flesh with cold steel and inflicting a serious wound.

16:55, Today: Mannath rolled 4 using 1d6. Mannath damage. Equals 3HP damage
16:55, Today: Mannath rolled 13 using 2d6+6. 2nd barbarian attack strength.
16:55, Today: Mannath rolled 17 using 2d6+8. Mannath attack strength.

Tarrian
 player, 64 posts
 Adventurer
Thu 25 Jul 2013
at 22:46
Re: Chaos at the pit!
Tarrian thrusts her spear at the uninjured thug.  He steps aside smartly and she stabs only the air.  His friend swings in with his scimitar, but she knocks the blow aside with a loud clack.

Bang!
  The other blade smashes into her head.  Tears spring into her eyes and she feels a lump spring up from her right temple.  She's startled she's still alive had he hit her with the flat of his blade?  She yells and swings her spear mightily, making both men spring back warily, gaining some space to fight.


23:38, Yesterday: Tarrian rolled 14 using 2d6+7. Thug 1 attack strength.
23:38, Yesterday: Tarrian rolled 4 using 1d6. Tarrian armour.
23:37, Yesterday: Tarrian rolled 5 using 1d6. Thug 2 damage.
23:36, Yesterday: Tarrian rolled 17 using 2d6+6. Thug 2 attack strength.
23:36, Yesterday: Tarrian rolled 15 using 2d6+9. Tarrian attack strength.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:15, Thu 25 July 2013.

Elstarir
 player, 93 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Tue 30 Jul 2013
at 07:22
Re: Chaos at the pit!
Elstarir staggered from the attack but got his balance back quick enough. skipping back gracefully his hand moved with speed and dexterity as he pulled up his bow and notched an arrow sending it into the barbarian before him

OOC:
08:20, Today: Elstarir rolled 15 using 2d6+8. Barbarian No.1 attack.
08:19, Today: Elstarir rolled 16 using 2d6+9. bow attack.
08:19, Today: Elstarir rolled 4 using 1d6+1. bow damage. total 3 points

This message was last edited by the player at 07:25, Tue 30 July 2013.

Elstarir
 player, 94 posts
Tue 30 Jul 2013
at 07:22
Re: Chaos at the pit!

This message was deleted by the player at 07:23, Tue 30 July 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 145 posts
Wed 31 Jul 2013
at 19:11
Vithrain
The tigress, trophy still gripped in her jaws stretches languidly and then leaps for the edge of the pit. She easily makes it and pads away into the behind a group of sturdy looking barrels in the far corner of the warehouse.  In the flickering torchlight she looks even bigger, a primal force of nature from some remote jungle hell.

You are left alone in the pit, the dirty straw on its floor now red with spill blood. It should be easy to climb out.

A sudden groan makes you realize you are not alone after all: the Minotaur lives! It stirs feebly in the corner of the pit, bleeding from many wounds and likely beyond attacking, though it's yellowed horns still look sharp enough. It doesn't seem to have noticed you, or if it has is too deep in it's misery to care.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 146 posts
Wed 31 Jul 2013
at 19:23
Mannath & Elstarir
"By Throm this one is fast!" the barbarian Mannath has wounded gasps in pain. His free hand drops to his side, clumisly clamping over the deep red line the thief has drawn with his blade.

"You'll bleed for that runt!" He bellows in a rage and swings the axe overhead in an attempt to slice straight through his oppponent.  By the bulging muscles in his arms he looks like he might do it to.

His companion is less eloquent, simply snapping off the arrow lodged in his thigh at the head  and advancing on Elstarir, murder in his eye, swinging his axe.



FIRST DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY
SKILL 8 STAMINA 8 5

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY
SKILL 6 STAMINA 10 4

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

OOC:

Technically I shouldn't have let you do that without a serious penalty Elstarir (or have you fall into the pit), but I'll let you get away with it this time.  I wouldn't advise trying it again though... or at least don't expect to get the same result. ;)

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 147 posts
Wed 31 Jul 2013
at 19:34
Tarrian
Luckily the thug hit you with flat of his blade, more by chance than chivalry. Luckier still it hit you in the head and barbarian skulls are famously thick.

The two Kallamerhans seem confident now that they have inflicted a wound (of sorts). They shoot each other a look and the unijured one, who looks taller and older turns to look you over and smirk, displaying a mouthful of rotten teeth. "For a woman you fight well, but remember you are a woman."

His companion laughs unpleasantly. "Think of the price she would fetch! We must take her alive!"

Scimitars drawn the thugs advance, arrogant sneers on their faces.



OOC:

FIRST KALLAMEHR THUG (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 7 STAMINA 7 4

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG  (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

Mannath
 player, 98 posts
 Rogue
Thu 1 Aug 2013
at 07:51
Re: Mannath & Elstarir
Mannath easily sidestepped the wild blow from the barbarian's axe. He grinned a smart-arsed "Ha! Looks like it will be you doing the bleeding, you clumsy bucket of rodent pizzle!"

Seeing an exposed flank he slashed hard with his sword and cut deep into his opponent's stomach, inflicting a nasty looking wound that sprayed red gore over the dirty, sawdust-strewn floor. His opponent was gravely wounded, and the battle was nearly won... hopefully.

08:45, Today: Mannath rolled 3 using 1d6. Damage. 3HP damage inflicted on Barbarian 2.
08:45, Today: Mannath rolled 12 using 2d6+6. 2nd barbarian attack strength.
08:44, Today: Mannath rolled 17 using 2d6+8. Mannath attack strength.

Tarrian
 player, 66 posts
 Adventurer
Thu 1 Aug 2013
at 15:47
Re: Tarrian
Tarrian responds to the mockery with a spear thrust as fast and shocking as a scorpion's sting, striking the younger thug square in the breast bone.  Something inside his chest cracks and he reels away, gasping, his face a mask of pain and dismay.  His friend swings a riposte, but Tarrian has already stepped back into the guard position, and she swats aside his blow with ease.

"What was that about women?" she asks acidly.

16:34, Today: Tarrian rolled 13 using 2d6+7. Other thug attack strength.
16:33, Today: Tarrian rolled 3 using 1d6+1. Tarrian damage.
16:33, Today: Tarrian rolled 17 using 2d6+6.
16:32, Today: Tarrian rolled 18 using 2d6+9. Tarrian attack strength.

FIRST KALLAMEHR THUG (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 7 STAMINA 7 4 1

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG  (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

Elstarir
 player, 95 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Fri 2 Aug 2013
at 07:21
Re: Tarrian
Seeing that he had little chance of shooting another arrow again the young elf warrior pulled out his sword and attacked.

Stepping under the barbarian's attack Elstarir went in with a low horizontal slash


OOC:

08:22, Today: Elstarir rolled 16 using 2d6+8. barbarian number 1 attack.
08:22, Today: Elstarir rolled 19 using 2d6+8. sword attack.
08:22, Today: Elstarir rolled 4 using 1d6. Sword damage. Total 3 pts

This message was last edited by the player at 07:25, Fri 02 Aug 2013.