Act I, Scene Two: About Town.   Posted by The Gamesmaster.Group: 0
Vithrain
 player, 112 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Fri 2 Aug 2013
at 08:39
Re: Tarrian
Looking around himself Vithrain saw that his brother and friends were holding their own perfectly well and would not succumb to the thugs.

Climbing carefully and quietly out of the pit Vithrain made his way over to near the big cat, but not directly in front, instead slightly to one side. In his head he was counting the time left of his invisibility spell. However he was extra careful as the spell did not mask his smell and cats had a superb sense of smell.

Crouching down next to some barrels, Vithrain extends his staff out in front of him and hopes that the cat will lay the ring down within the next 1 minute 39. If she does he will use the staff to hook up the ring, which will disappear instantly, and then make good his escape.



[ooc]OOC: Can I spend a Luck to make this happen?[/ooc]
The Handmaiden
 player, 70 posts
Fri 2 Aug 2013
at 16:37
Re: Tarrian
From a dark corner of the room, a throwing knife flies towards one of thugs fighting against Tarrian, but narrowly misses.

17:33, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 6 using 2d6. attack roll.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:52, Sat 03 Aug 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 150 posts
Sat 3 Aug 2013
at 19:17
Vithrain & the Handmaiden
Vithrian follows the trail of the tigress but has difficulty clearing the pit; by the time he reaches the top the great striped cat had vanished into the dark corner of the room, hidden behind barrels and crates.  Before the Elf can get closer a sharp bladed dagger spins out missing his (invisible!) body by inches! Getting closer he sees a slim, female figure that is obviously Chadda and equally obvious she is the dagger thrower.

The Handmaiden herself is intentsly watching the fight, seemingly unaware of Vithrain's presence.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 151 posts
Sat 3 Aug 2013
at 19:25
Mannath & Elstarir
By now the already filthy wooden floor beneath you two is slick with blood... most of it from your opponents.  Any hope they might surrender or at least run off is dashed; whether their drunkeness has dulled their pain, their devotion to the Noorthlander god Throl forbids retreat or out of sheer blind stupidity they fight on, strength boosted by a barbarian sense of rage.

From the street beyond the sharp earred Elf catches the still distant sound of approaching footsteps.  Someone, or more likely from the sound many someones are heading this way...



FIRST DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY
SKILL 8 STAMINA 8 2

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

SECOND DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY
SKILL 6 STAMINA 10 2

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 152 posts
Sat 3 Aug 2013
at 19:34
Tarrian
Your wounded opponent has had enough. Shooting you a look of utter terror he turns to run but manages only a couple of paces before he shrieks in pain and crumples to his knees. Moaning, he slowly half crawls and drags himself towards the warhouse doors leaving behind an abandoned scimitar and a trail of blood.

The other thug spits in fury after his companion. "Coward! Come back you filthy jackal!" He turns back to you with a snarl, face livid beneath his beard as he slices towards you with his curved blade hungry for barbarian blood.



SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG  (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

OOC: You may take a final blow at the fleeing thug; as he is unable to defend himself it automatically hits and will kill him outright (you still have to parry the 2nd thug.) If you let him go fight your remaining opponent as a normal opponent (so if you win the round, roll to wound him.)

Mannath
 player, 101 posts
 Rogue
Mon 5 Aug 2013
at 05:57
Re: Mannath & Elstarir
Mannath continued to press forward, having gained the upper hand on his opponent. He had hoped the man would be smart enough to run, but no such luck. He fended off a clumsy strike from the man's axe, and then another. Patiently he waited for an opening, and when it presented itself he struck. He lunged forward, skewering the man through the gut and spilling his blood on the dirty floor. The man's eyes rolled back and he collapsed in a heap to the floor, his lifeless hands dropping the axe on the ground.

Breathing heavily from his exertions, he looked around at his companions to see what he could do to help.

06:51, Today: Mannath rolled 2 using 1d6. Damage.3HP - DEAD!
06:51, Today: Mannath rolled 11 using 2d6+6. 2nd barb attack strength.
06:50, Today: Mannath rolled 16 using 2d6+8. Mannath attack strength.

Vithrain
 player, 114 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Mon 5 Aug 2013
at 09:49
Re: The Whole Group
Seeing that the cat has managed to vanish into the shadows Vithrain turns, and narrowly misses being hit by a flying dagger!

Moving to one side slightly he will look at his friends to see if any of them are in need of his help or if they are coping by themselves?

OOC: Any one having problems? And can I hear the noises from outside too?

This message was last updated by the player at 09:50, Mon 05 Aug 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 67 posts
 Adventurer
Tue 6 Aug 2013
at 21:38
Re: Tarrian
The rage and ferocity of the thug's counter attack takes Tarrian by surprise – she'd expected them both to run.  She hops back away from several vicious chops, but's she's not fast enough to avoid them all.  She yelps as the tip of his scimitar slashes open a bloody welt in her left thigh.



SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG  (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

22:29, Today: Tarrian rolled 5 using 1d6. Tarrian armour.
22:29, Today: Tarrian rolled 3 using 1d6. Thug damage.
22:28, Today: Tarrian rolled 16 using 2d6+6. Thug attack strength.
22:28, Today: Tarrian rolled 13 using 2d6+9. Tarrian attack strength.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:38, Tue 06 Aug 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 117 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 8 Aug 2013
at 11:37
Re: Tarrian
Vithrain pondered what to do. He wasn't about to kill the minotaur - it hadn't done him any harm. Well, alright, it HAD hurt him, but it was forced into that fight and knew no better. If he had the ability to heal the beast he would.

His friends seemed to be holding their own well enough and he wouldn't reach them in time to do damage with his staff, though he could throw something magical at them...but he was quite exhausted in that respect.

And the cat had the ring....the ring they came here for. But was it the ring they came for, or did it just look like it was the ring?

Vithrain carefully made his way back around the pit edge (being above the pit's surface now) to where the minotaur lay below him. He looked at the beast carefully to see if there was any sign of magical artifacts on him, or other equally hard-to-explain things.
Elstarir
 player, 96 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Thu 8 Aug 2013
at 12:05
Re: Tarrian
With a resounding slash Elstarir watched as the barbarian he was fighting staggered back. Not wanting to give his opponent an opening he stepped forward to finish the fight.


OOC:
13:06, Today: Elstarir rolled 13 using 2d6+8. barbarian number 1 attack.
13:05, Today: Elstarir rolled 13 using 2d6+8. sword attack .


The thrust was true and the young elf thought he might have won the fight but at the last minute the barbarian managed to pull up his weapon in time and deflect the sword blow. They stepped back from each other breathing heavily and circling each other looking for another opening

This message was last edited by the player at 12:50, Thu 08 Aug 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 155 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 18:50
Vithrain
The very edge of the pit is rickety but as a Wood Elf you are lightly built and seems like it will easily support your weight.  Below you lies the Minotaur gently panting in a pool of blood, eyes dazed and half-closed. It's injuries are grusome; a burnt and blackened chest still singed from your spell and bite marks to the arms and legs from the tigeress (though not the throat you notice - seemingly the great cat had no wish to inflict a fatal blow.)

You are no healer but if you are any judge the beast might recover with time or healing magic. It's wounds are very serious but not obviously fatal.

This close you can make out a fresh branding mark on the beast's left shoulder - a 'K' perhaps though it hard to tell through the blood. You can also detect a strange smell, oddly sweet underlying the creature's stench. Some sort of herbs perhaps?

In the distance outside the warehouse you can hear many sets of feet approaching.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 156 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 18:54
The Handmaiden
Your dagger has missed but from your hiding spot you can see Tarrian and Elstarir are still locked in combat. The barrel nearest to you is leaking something by your foot.  From the way it is staining the (already filthy!) floorboards you would guess it to be wine, quite possibly stolen.

Nearby you are surprised to hear a slight creak from the edge of the pit even though you can't see anything there.

In the distance outside the warehouse you can hear many sets of feet approaching.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 157 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 19:00
Tarrian
Your opponent seems to swell in confidence, his eyes glittering with contempt as he sneers at you. "Northern dog, you will regret the day you ever crossed blades with Umar the Black. Alas, that you have yet to learn your full lesson!"

He swings his scimitar around for another lightning slice, throughly convinced of his victory.

In the distance outside the warehouse you can hear many sets of feet approaching.


OOC:
UMAR THE BLACK (SECOND KALLAMEHR THUG)  (fighting Tarrian)
SKILL 6 STAMINA 9

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (scimitar): 2 3 3 3 3 4

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:00, Fri 09 Aug 2013.

The Gamesmaster
 GM, 158 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 19:05
Elstarir
The remaining barbarian seems marginally more cautious than his fallen comrade. Hard blue eyes stare out at you from beneath bushy white-blonde eyebrows.  The broad figure circles, axe in hand waiting for the opportunity to attack with his axe.

In the distance outside the warehouse you can hear many sets of feet approaching.


OOC:
FIRST DRUNKEN BARBARIAN MERCENARY
SKILL 8 STAMINA 8 2

Armour: 0 0 0 0 0 0
Attack (axe): 2 3 3 3 3 4

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:07, Sat 10 Aug 2013.

Mannath
 player, 102 posts
 Rogue
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 19:17
Mannath
OOC: Posted by the Gamesmaster on Mannath's behalf.

With his own foe defeated Mannath took a moment to get his bearing before bringing his dagger level with the back of Umar and letting it fly. Unfortunately in his caution not to hit Tarrian Mannath threw a little to the left and his blade missed the thug (and Tarrian herself) by inches.




OCC:
20:16, Today: The Gamesmaster, for the NPC Umar, rolled 15 using 2d6+6. Dodging Mannath's Dagger.
20:14, Today: The Gamesmaster, on behalf of Mannath, rolled 15 using 2d6+6. Throwing Dagger vs. Umar.

The Handmaiden
 player, 71 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 19:46
The Handmaiden
The Handmaiden looks around for a window as a possible escape route and then focuses again on the ongoing fight, throwing another knife, this time at the drunken barbarian mercenary.

20:43, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 12 using 2d6+8. first drunken darbarian mercenary.
20:41, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 13 using 2d6+6. attack roll.


This time she hit!

20:46, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 2 using 1d6. barbarian armour.
20:46, Today: The Handmaiden rolled 1 using 1d6. handmaiden damage.
ONE damage...:-S


"Come on, we can't stay here forever!" then, whispering to herself "I just hope I got the right object..."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:57, Fri 09 Aug 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 68 posts
 Adventurer
Sun 11 Aug 2013
at 22:21
Re: Tarrian
Tarrian twists away from the scimitar strike.  Her own counter attack is spoiled by a thrown dagger that whizzes between the two fighters, making them both spring apart.  They eye each other warily for a moment, weapons at the ready.

OOC:
23:18, Today: Tarrian rolled 12 using 2d6+6. Umar attack strength.
23:18, Today: Tarrian rolled 12 using 2d6+9. Tarrian attack strength.

Elstarir
 player, 97 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Mon 12 Aug 2013
at 13:05
Re: Tarrian
Hearing the approaching men the elf decides things need to come to an end and quickly so he goes left only to spin on the ball of his foot to attempt to come in under the barbarian's axe.

OOC:

14:06, Today: Elstarir rolled 13 using 2d6+8. barbarian attack.
14:05, Today: Elstarir rolled 15 using 2d6+8. sword attack.
14:06, Today: Elstarir rolled 4 using 1d6. damage. Total = 3



the move worked and the elf slipped under the big man's guard and slid gracefully round him. as he did do he brought his sword round low and sliced deep across the barbarian's achilles heel a move that was intended to put him down and unable to move.

At the same time "We have company coming lets get the hell out of here" he shouted to the others.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:10, Mon 12 Aug 2013.

Vithrain
 player, 119 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Wed 14 Aug 2013
at 12:32
Re: Vithrain
In reply to The Gamesmaster (msg # 168):

Vithrain sighs and says quietly so only the minotaur would hear, "I never meant for such a fine creature as yourself to get hurt, my friend. I wanted to save you from this life, and get the magic ring you had. The ring is gone now and we won't get it off the cat, but we can still save you if you will follow us."

The beast snorts a little and raises its head to look at where the voice comes from, but then drops its head down onto his chest again.

"If you decide otherwise, come now. For we must leave."

Vithrain stands up and takes a step back from the edge of the pit and as he does so he becomes visible once more, the worry for the minotaur etched on his face. He looks to the others and nods as he gains some of their looks of wonder then heads towards the wall away from the pounding footsteps and opens a window there.
The Gamesmaster
 GM, 163 posts
Wed 14 Aug 2013
at 19:59
After the fight!
With Elstarir cutting down the last barbarian the only visible opponent left alive is Umar.  With a scowl the tall, bearded Kallamehran draws back, retreating out of the pit with his scimitar held high. As he nears the door his scowl vanishes, replaced by a smirk.

"Can you hear what I hear my friends? Company is coming and I doubt you'll want to be here for. Perhaps we shall meet again fragrant one."
This last is addressed to Tarrian.

His piece said he turns and races out the door.


The footsteps are getting loud now; they sound irregular but heavy suggesting that whatever is about to arrive is not a city guard patrol.

With Umar leaving and the Minotaur helpless you are left alone in the warehouse - but for how long?




Unless engaged in combat everyone make a LUCK test.
Mannath
 player, 103 posts
 Rogue
Wed 14 Aug 2013
at 20:03
Re: After the fight!
OOC: Posted on Mannath's behalf by the GM.

The enterprising thief slices the drawstrings of the downed mercenary's purse though he does not have time to count what gold if any he has taken.  He also recovers one of the battleaxes which look crude, clumsy and oversized with his slight frame but also like they could do a lot of damage.
The Handmaiden
 player, 72 posts
Wed 14 Aug 2013
at 22:36
Re: After the fight!
The handmaiden looks for a window to open and use as an emergency exit for the group.
Vithrain
 player, 121 posts
 Wizard
 Brother to Elstarir
Thu 15 Aug 2013
at 19:57
Re: After the fight!
Vithrain stands up tall and calls out in a fairly loud voice, "Hey Cat lady who took the ring. I suggest you and my friends and I get out of here by an exit that is not the door. Care to help us while there's still time!?"


00:03, Fri 16 Aug 2013: Vithrain rolled 7 using 2d6 ((3,4)).

This message was last edited by the player at 23:04, Thu 15 Aug 2013.

Tarrian
 player, 69 posts
 Adventurer
Mon 19 Aug 2013
at 21:38
Re: After the fight!
Tarrian gasps in outrage at Umar the Black's unexpectedly flirtatious retreat.  Indeed, she had bathed daily while they were guests at the palace, but – "fragrant one"?  Hadn't he just tried to kill her?  Feeling very confused, Tarrian just watches as the tall, brave, handsome, witty swordsman vanishes from her life.

With a grin and a bow he disappears, and Tarrian looks around the room trying to get her bearings.  Vithrain or Mannath tend to take charge after the fighting is done, depending on whether high intellect or low cunning is most required, and it's to them that she looks for leadership now.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:39, Mon 19 Aug 2013.

Elstarir
 player, 99 posts
 Archer
 Stamina 14 / 10
Mon 19 Aug 2013
at 21:45
Re: After the fight!
OOC: Posted on Elstarir's behalf by the GM.

The Elf archer wasted little time in moving towards the back of the warehouse, searching for an alternative way out.


OOC: 22:42, Today: The Gamesmaster, on behalf of Elstarir, rolled 5 using 2d6. LUCK roll.