Trip to Tatooine.   Posted by GM Hammer.Group: 0
Britton Rand
 player, 78 posts
Mon 18 May 2015
at 23:56
Re: Trip to Tatooine
"Thank goodness you're here," Britton lied.  "We were just trying to figure some confusion out over ownership of this pet and this man just started shooting at us!  We defended ourselves, naturally.  He was hurt and we were patching him up."
GM Hammer
 GM, 83 posts
Tue 19 May 2015
at 00:07
Re: Trip to Tatooine
OOC: Technically, everything you said is true.  Is the part Britton's lying about is that he's glad to see them?  If so, good roleplaying.
Britton Rand
 player, 79 posts
Tue 19 May 2015
at 00:18
Re: Trip to Tatooine
OOC True, and yes, that he was glad to see them.
GM Hammer
 GM, 84 posts
Tue 19 May 2015
at 15:47
Re: Trip to Tatooine
OOC: Well done then, no Deception check needed.

Of course these beings were glad to see them, the guards thought.  Who wouldn't be?  House security kept everyone safe.

"Is that what happened?" one of the guards asked Kelko.

"Yes," Kelko said simply, seeing no need to elaborate.

However, apparently Ja'tind did see a need to elaborate.  The young Twi'lek quickly ran to the side of the guards and began to extol Britton's and Kelko's deeds to them.  "You should have seen it officers, they were amazing!  They helped me get my pet back, and then they saved my life when this crazy con man started shooting at us!"  Fortunately, he didn't mention that you had put him in danger in the first place by basically forcing him to come.

"Well I think we need to get him, and you," one of the guards said, indicating Britton, "to the infirmary."  Meanwhile the other guard was busy on his comlink.

OOC: Perception check.
Britton Rand
 player, 80 posts
Tue 19 May 2015
at 19:43
Re: Trip to Tatooine
OOC 17+5=22
GM Hammer
 GM, 85 posts
Tue 19 May 2015
at 23:39
Re: Trip to Tatooine
Britton could overhear the guard on the comlink describing their heroic actions to the captain.

OOC: Any reaction to this?
Britton Rand
 player, 81 posts
Wed 20 May 2015
at 07:04
Re: Trip to Tatooine
"Is there going to be much we'll be held up for?  We've all got things to do on Tatooine."
GM Hammer
 GM, 86 posts
Wed 20 May 2015
at 15:35
Re: Trip to Tatooine
"Don't worry," the guard closest to Britton replied.  "I doubt your wounds will take too long to tend to.  We are still in hyperspace, so you should be ready to go by the time we reach Tatooine."

Soon a medical team arrived to take Tanith off in a hovergurney.  After asking Ja'tind a few more questions, they let him return to his bunk area.  Kelko went with Britton to the infirmary.

OOC: You may now level up to level 2.
Britton Rand
 player, 82 posts
Wed 20 May 2015
at 18:59
Re: Trip to Tatooine
Britton was glad to not have to use up one of his own medpacs to patch himself up.

"How you doin', buddy?" Britton asked as Kelko watched him being healed.
GM Hammer
 GM, 87 posts
Wed 20 May 2015
at 22:10
Re: Trip to Tatooine
"I'm fine," Kelko said with a scoff.  "You're the one who's hurt, remember?"  He turned to stare out the viewport just as the ship came out of hyperspace.  "Huh, that's weird." Kelko commented.
Britton Rand
 player, 83 posts
Thu 21 May 2015
at 00:25
Re: Trip to Tatooine
"What's up?" Britton asked.
GM Hammer
 GM, 88 posts
Thu 21 May 2015
at 05:59
Re: Trip to Tatooine
"I'm just wondering why there are three Star Destroyers orbiting Tatooine." Kelko replied.  Just then the ship was rocked with blaster fire.

OOC: Make an Acrobatics check.
Britton Rand
 player, 84 posts
Thu 21 May 2015
at 20:54
Re: Trip to Tatooine
OOC 2+3=5
GM Hammer
 GM, 89 posts
Thu 21 May 2015
at 22:28
Re: Trip to Tatooine
Kelko and the medical attendants were able to keep on their feet, but Britton was thrown against the wall and then onto the floor by the shock waves from the blasts. 

Kelko and the medical staff helped Britton up.  "Are you okay?" Kelko asked.
Britton Rand
 player, 85 posts
Fri 22 May 2015
at 00:45
Re: Trip to Tatooine
Britton swore.

"I'm fine, go find out what's going on; there isn't supposed to even be an Imperial presence out here."
GM Hammer
 GM, 90 posts
Fri 22 May 2015
at 18:02
Re: Trip to Tatooine
As Kelko turned around to do just as Britton had suggested, one of the medical staff said, "Please, stay where you are.  Let our experienced staff and crew handle this situation."

Just then the intraship comm pinged on.  "This is your captain speaking.  I'm sorry to inform you that landing may take a while.  Because there has been Rebel activity in the area recently, when the Star Destroyers saw us come out of hyperspace they followed their orders to shoot first and ask questions later.  Some repairs will need to be done before we can land, but since everyone's documentation is in order, there should be no problems after that."

OOC: Any reaction, comments?
Britton Rand
 player, 86 posts
Fri 22 May 2015
at 19:07
Re: Trip to Tatooine
"How keen," Britton replied.  "Thank goodness they almost killed us in order to find out."
GM Hammer
 GM, 91 posts
Fri 22 May 2015
at 20:17
Re: Trip to Tatooine
It wasn't long before a Human male in a ship captain's uniform entered the med station.  He asked one of the medical techs "Is that them?" indicating Britton and Kelko.  The tech answered in the affirmative and the captain approached the two heroes.

"I wanted to thank the two of you personally for helping resolve that ownership dispute earlier.  But I'm afraid I must ask for your help again.  I believe you two are highly capable and willing to do what it takes to help others.  I'm afraid the damage from the Star Destroyer attack was more extensive than I let on in the public announcement.  Several sections of the ship have lost pressure.  Don't worry," he said reassuringly,"automatic hatches have sealed off the depressurized areas.  Unfortunately, this has isolated several vital locations, which are now only accessible through maintenance tunnels.  First of all, this med bay is about to be inundated with wounded from the attack.  We need more first aid supplies as well as bacta from cargo hold 3.  There's also a bleeding power coupling on the port side engine and if we don't get it locked down we're going to lose energy to life-support."  The captain put his hands up placatingly before either Britton or Kelko could object and said, "I know neither one of you may be trained in mechanical repair.  Don't worry, our maintenance chief is on his way up here.  Unfortunately he's among the wounded, so he can't make the repair himself, but he should be able to talk you through it.  Finally, I've heard nothing about the status of our VIP passenger in the deluxe stateroom, which is also sealed off by depressurized doors, and that has me worried for her safety.  And, no I don't expect you to do this all just out of the goodness of your hearts.  If you can help us, I will refund you both the cost of your ticket.  What do you say?"
Britton Rand
 player, 87 posts
Sat 23 May 2015
at 00:45
Re: Trip to Tatooine
"Considering not doing it could mean not just others deaths but our own, sure, I think we'll do it."
GM Hammer
 GM, 92 posts
Tue 26 May 2015
at 16:13
Re: Trip to Tatooine
"Thank you so much," the captain said gratefully.  "Follow me please."  He led you just outside the medbay and pointed to a maintenance hatch on the wall.  "This is the tunnel that leads to cargo hold 3.  I will keep you updated on our status with this," he said handing Britton a comlink.  "Please hurry," he finished opening the hatch door.

OOC: You are going to now be participating in another skill challenge for the tasks you've been given.  So tell what action Britton wants to take to try and help the challenge along, and I'll let you know if/what roll he needs to make.  If you're not sure what to do, I can give some examples.
Britton Rand
 player, 88 posts
Thu 28 May 2015
at 01:20
Re: Trip to Tatooine
OOC Let's try to fix the power coupling first.
GM Hammer
 GM, 93 posts
Thu 28 May 2015
at 16:15
Re: Trip to Tatooine
OOC: Sorry, I wasn't clear enough: The captain led you to the tunnel that goes to cargo hold 3, which is where the first aid and bacta are, so that's where he needs you to go first.  What I'm saying is what do you do to try and get those supplies back quickly?  Do you try to move quickly through the tunnels?  Or do you wait until you get there to do something, like search quickly?
Britton Rand
 player, 89 posts
Mon 1 Jun 2015
at 19:36
Re: Trip to Tatooine
Britton was careful as he maneuvered the tunnels.  Careful to keep an eye out for anything blocking his path or other potential broken things that may be in need of fixing.
GM Hammer
 GM, 94 posts
Mon 1 Jun 2015
at 22:27
Re: Trip to Tatooine
OOC: Make a Perception check.
Britton Rand
 player, 90 posts
Tue 2 Jun 2015
at 05:31
Re: Trip to Tatooine
OOC 10+6=16