4. [IC] Homestead and aftermath ~ Group A.   Posted by Game Master.Group: 0
Game Master
 GM, 521 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Fri 11 May 2012
at 03:01
4. [IC] Homestead and aftermath
The Next Chapter...

We find the group at the festival having just arrived after a dreamlike experience, their toys hidden in the grass, and Elder Rickon leading people to the tables for food, while others prepare to display their talents.

<< Feel free to have aftermath conversations here, or who you'll talk to. If you want to pull the entire group aside and discuss, you have plenty of opportunity, if you want to whisper to someone, mention it and then private msg them >>
Leo Selaht
 player, 149 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Fri 11 May 2012
at 11:54
Re: 4. [IC] Homestead and aftermath
Leo stood silently through the rest of the ceremony, waiting patiently for it to be over. He had no family and no loved ones ready to rush over and congratulate him on becoming a man.  He wanted nothing more than to slip away from the crowd and think about the strange experience he'd just had.

He glanced around at the others.  One glance at Michael told him that it hadn't been a dream.  He continued to wait for it to be over.  He needed to speak to the others, he had some pieces of the puzzle to share.  Some very large, uncomfortable and personal pieces.
Michael Tassarion
 player, 328 posts
 Innkeeper Son
Fri 11 May 2012
at 14:49
Re: 4. [IC] Homestead and aftermath
Michael feels the breeze blow across his face and can smell the fresh food and clean earth that is his home. He closes his eyes and inhales deeply, enjoying the feeling of being home again. Looking around the group he wonders if this had all been a dream. Everyone looks the same, though he remembers that he is the only one to have outwardly changed so much. He reaches up to his cheek and finds that the scales are still there.
"Not a dream then," he murmurs. While looking around he notices a few items laying in the grass near him and picks them up.

OOC: I assume these are our weapons?
Game Master
 GM, 527 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Fri 11 May 2012
at 17:41
Re: 4. [IC] Homestead and aftermath
In reply to Leo Selaht (msg #2):

Elder Rickon will come over as the crowd descends upon the tables laden with food. "Congratulations Leo. So, have you any plans with what you'll be doing now that you are a man? Perhaps we could have the community build you a house. Or if you want work, the village could use someone to go to our neighboring communities to gather news and bring back items." He pauses a moment, "You look distracted son, are you okay?"
Leo Selaht
 player, 152 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Fri 11 May 2012
at 17:44
Re: 4. [IC] Homestead and aftermath
"Elder Rickon," Leo replied.  "I assumed that I would continue as I always have.  I make a good living as a hunter, I'll sell my game in town.  I might eventually build a cabin in the woods, if I make enough money."

He didn't mention anything about their experience.  Denny had mentioned something about keeping it secret.  He'd missed that part, so until he knew what she meant about that, he wouldn't share what had happened.
Aedan Timmons
 player, 102 posts
 Daydreamer
 Lute Player
Fri 11 May 2012
at 17:47
Re: 4. [IC] Homestead and aftermath
Aedan flits around the village, short bursts of music erupting from her new lute in a flurry of emotion, stirring the joyous occasion to new heights. Not staying long enough in any one location to have a proper conversation, she adeptly avoids any potential questions about Michael or the others. It just seems easier that way.

Her behavior does, however, attract other smaller children as they chase and laugh after her, enjoying the antics.
Denyssa Tassarion
 player, 353 posts
 A tomboy who likes
 pretty dresses too.
Fri 11 May 2012
at 17:57
Re: 4. [IC] Homestead and aftermath
When Denyssa fond herself back in the clearing, with no one seeming to have noticed that they had been gone, or understand what they had undergone she just sat down on one of the smaller stones that ringed the clearing. She could hear the merriment from the tables that were laden with food and drink, and any other feast day she would have been eager to partake from them. However, today, with what they had all just been burdened with she was somber and contemplative. She had her staff, her spellbook, and her sword and the knowledge that had been imparted to her in the Feylands, but was that enough to face what they must face? She sat there, until a thought pricked at her conscience, and she turned around to look behind this rock. Yes. she thought, it was still there. The gift she'd gotten for Leo, now she held it in her hands, turning it over and over. She felt the welling in her eyes as she sat there looking at the gift and it reminded her that none of them was a child any longer, they'd had that all stripped away, well maybe all except Aedan, to better protect the Fey and the Pact. She just wasn't sure she thought it was a fair trade.
Cohen Conners
 player, 290 posts
 A Hero for the Ladies
 Why is everyone laughing?
Fri 11 May 2012
at 18:37
Re: 4. [IC] Homestead and aftermath
 *Well, it would appear he was back. it looked like he never left and this was all a dream, but it felt real and he felt different. Apparently he's a man now, which of course meant it was time to do manly things like protect the village and specially the women. Oh yes, the women. He is a man now and a man needs a woman, right? His childish grin that snuck out is pushed back down into a mature serious expression as he thinks about the duties he would be no doubt taking on.*
Michael Tassarion
 player, 336 posts
 Innkeeper Son
Fri 11 May 2012
at 20:11
Re: 4. [IC] Homestead and aftermath
After setting the sword back on his belt he walks over to Denny. "We should probably go find mom and dad," he said to her reaching out a hand to help her up.

He wondered how far through the crowd they could get before the questions and comments about him started. He had never been one to hide his face though and he doubted that would change now.
Game Master
 GM, 532 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Fri 11 May 2012
at 20:27
Re: 4. [IC] Homestead and aftermath
People actually won't let you go far, as they see you pulling items from the ground, especially Michael and his scaly appearance.

'What happened to you?' and 'Are you okay?' and 'Where'd you get that from?' will come at ALL the characters, though Michael is by far the most accosted. It won't be long before Michael's father is pushing himself to the crowd to free his two children from the curious crowds saying things like 'Let him and her be, you can pester them later. Go enjoy the festivities'. Once he gets to both of you he'll bring you home and ask the inevitable, "Well, seems something happened to both of you. Are you okay?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:28, Fri 11 May 2012.

Leo Selaht
 player, 153 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Fri 11 May 2012
at 20:37
Re: 4. [IC] Homestead and aftermath
Leo slipped out of the main crowd.  He was a nobody with no family.  He nodded to Elder Rickon a few more times, but the man's words had been nothing more than polite small-talk, something Leo wasn't good with.  He had no strange scales and gathered no weapons.  He drifted to the edge of the crowd and waited.  He wanted to slip away into the trees and disappear, but he needed to speak to the others about what happened and what they would do.
Michael Tassarion
 player, 338 posts
 Innkeeper Son
Fri 11 May 2012
at 20:44
Re: 4. [IC] Homestead and aftermath
For the most part Michael kept silent, answering the 'are you ok' with a nod. The other questions, well he had no idea how much they should tell other. Plus, it would be far to chaotic to try and retell the story with this many people around.

He was glad to see his father come up and manage to get most of the people to at least back off. Though some could still be seen watching from a little ways off.
Before going home he looks to the group and says,"We should meet up later on. We have much to discuss. The inn at dusk perhaps?"

The walk home was much the same as the people pressing around before. Nods and waves were exchanged, but Michael was not feeling talkative. Sitting down at home seemed a bit strange, as so much had happened since this morning breakfast. He had to keep reminding himself that it was just this morning.

In response to his father question he said,"Physically? I feel fine. Better than fine. In fact I don't think I have felt this well in my whole life," he paused for a moment before looking to Denny then back to father. "It has been an interesting day."