5. [IC] New Day, New Quest... (Group A)   Posted by Group A.Group: archive U
Michael Tassarion
 Alpha Team, 610 posts
 Attack with fire or sword
 Decision, Decisions.
Tue 21 Aug 2012
at 15:03
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
Michael walks along next to Francis during their trek. The giant of a young man had a good heart and would be of much help should a fight break out. Michael attempted small talk, mostly asking after Francis' family.

The appearance of a dragon surprised him, though he forced himself to calm. The dragon was silver in color which, from stories, meant it was a good dragon. That being said, he had no idea what it would do if startled. With a pit in his stomach, he watched as Denny spoke to it, presumably in draconic. The other snarling was a bit of a surprise, but Francis seemed to defuse the situation. Already, Michael was glad he was there.

Dae certainly was a crazy cat, though the dragoness seemed to dislike the attention of the furball.

Listening to the dragoness' oath and couldn't help but smile as he felt his blood begin to grow warm again. Stepping from the trees, He stood with the great sword over his shoulder and said,"Then our goals truly do align, for I do not intend to give murders any quarter."

Michael gave a small bow and said,"I am Michael, what shall we call you Lady Dragon?"
Ishear
 Alpha Team, 11 posts
Tue 21 Aug 2012
at 15:35
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
"I am no dragon," The creature growled back, "but you may call me Ishear." A truce formed, be it a temporary one, Ishear seemed to relax. Raising from her hunched posture, her tail stopped lashing so violently and she looked calmer. No longer ready to charge the humans, at least.

Turning agin to follow the trail, Ishear glanced over her shoulder once more, "the trail goes this way." And then she began to walk.
Francis Prowler
 Alpha Team, 40 posts
 All brawn no brains
 Axewielding Blacksmith
Tue 21 Aug 2012
at 15:52
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
Francis was still unsure as to how Ishear knew where the thieves were, and even less sure as to why it thought that they were after the same people.  But what confused him the most was that it had said that it was no dragon.  If it wasn't a dragon, what was it?  It had scales similar to those on Michael's face... Francis never had the courage to ask about those.  Was Michael a dragon?  "Impossible..."  Francis was muttering to himself.  If Ishear was not a dragon, then Michael was not either.  What were they?  Were they the same at all?

What mattered more was whether they were truly his friends.  Francis was not only unsure about Ishear.  He did not know what the others thought of him.  Were they his friends?  This was difficult to determine.  Francis never really had friends.

He smiled at Denny and Michael, a gesture he rarely performed towards others.  The beast seemed smart enough to know what it was doing.  Francis rushed to follow Ishear.  It had a strange name, and very secretive intentions, but strangely Francis had little trouble trusting it...not it...Her... Francis thought.  She had called herself female.  Francis was putting much effort into not offending anyone.
Cohen Conners
 Alpha Team, 406 posts
 A Hero for the Ladies
 Why is everyone laughing?
Wed 22 Aug 2012
at 04:23
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
*Cohen hopes to find these bandits soon, or whatever they are looking for. He's been so bored he's lost track of what they are doing. This is a bit disappointing. These new people are only kinda making it exciting for him. He shakes his head suddenly and just keeps walking. He's sure things will make sense eventually.*
Game Master
 GM, 1105 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Fri 24 Aug 2012
at 01:26
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
The group successfully bypasses the large force of men. Continuing on towards 'Hells Gate' in hopes of finding the brigands...

(Marching Order? We have new characters.)

The day will pass uneventfully, night approaches.

(Watches?)
Leo Selaht
 Alpha Team, 372 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Sat 25 Aug 2012
at 14:13
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
After finding a suitable camping site, Leo circled down and landed in front of his friends and new traveling companions.  He immediately began to grow to human size as his hawk feathers melded into his green traveling cloak.  He waited patiently for his beak to melt back into his face and for his lips to form...
Leo Selaht
 Alpha Team, 373 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Sat 25 Aug 2012
at 14:13
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
...the last of the transformations took place, finally leaving him with teeth and tongue to speak.  Although it seemed a long wait to him, the entire transformation took place in seconds.  Where the hawk had stood moments before, now a young man waited before them.

"Greetings, Ishear," he greeted.

He had stayed in hawk form, allowing Denny and the others to decide what the draconian was doing.  He agreed with their decision to allow the woman to travel with them, there was safety in numbers.

"I'm Leo Selaht, from the same village as the others.  This looked like a good place to stay the night."

He surveyed his chosen camping spot with the eyes of a man who had spent years living in the wilderness.  It had many features which had drawn his eye.

OOC:  I don't mention the features, since that's a GM thing.  :)  I'm thinking a spring/creek of fresh water, a small clearing for tents, some dry wood for campfire, thick trees around to hide their presence and smoke from a campfire.

OOC:  Leo will stay in the air during travel, close enough to join into any battle in a moment's notice.  [Private to GM: So, about 60' in the air.  The idea is to dive down, change into something that can fight, in one round.  Then, attack in the next round.]

I'm good with any watch schedule.  We've been pairing up and getting 8 hours of sleep, so that's good with me.

Michael Tassarion
 Alpha Team, 613 posts
 Attack with fire or sword
 Decision, Decisions.
Sun 26 Aug 2012
at 13:43
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
Michael walked in the front of the group, though he stayed close for now. He was very curious about their newest companion, but wondered if now would be the right time to ask the many questions he had. She certainly didn't look like any dragon, which she had already said she was not, but what else would she be? Perhaps she is of dragon blood, a much stronger version than his own maybe?

No now was not the time to throw questions around. For now, Michael traveled in silence following Leo's hawk form to the camp site.
Cohen Conners
 Alpha Team, 408 posts
 A Hero for the Ladies
 Why is everyone laughing?
Mon 27 Aug 2012
at 00:34
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
 *Will cover the rear of the group in case of ambushes and will take and shift of night watch where he is needed.*
Game Master
 GM, 1127 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Wed 29 Aug 2012
at 01:50
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
OOC: I guess Ishear isn't going to reply to you Leo-Hawk-Man...


The new day comes bright. The group eats a reasonable meal for breakfast before setting out again. It's near midday when your scouts spot a group of twenty men.

Ishear will note the smells of her prey are close.
Francis Prowler
 Alpha Team, 45 posts
 All brawn no brains
 Axewielding Blacksmith
Wed 29 Aug 2012
at 02:11
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
"Bandits?" He said quietly, looking to Denyssa first, and then to the rest of the group, looking for signs of agreement or approval for an attack.  He gripped his axe tightly with both hands.
Leo Selaht
 Alpha Team, 375 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Wed 29 Aug 2012
at 03:33
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
Leo counted 20 men as he circled overhead, he wasn't sure if they were bandits or simple travelers.  He dipped low and gave a squawk of warning to his fellow party members.  He could tell that they knew what was coming, so he resumed his watch, staying close in case he was needed in a hurry.
Michael Tassarion
 Alpha Team, 614 posts
 Attack with fire or sword
 Decision, Decisions.
Wed 29 Aug 2012
at 12:11
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
Michael watched the large group in the distance. The odds where against them and he was still remembering the feeling of a sword going threw him in the previous skirmish. He was glad Denny had thought to buy a wand of healing, though if they were lucky it wouldn't be needed.

Really lucky.

"It looks like it Francis. Be patient though, I'd prefer to have them surprised," Michael said, the familiar feeling of his blood starting to get warmer, his vision a bit sharper, and the need for a fight. Such odd thoughts, but at the moment he didn't even notice.
Denyssa Tassarion
 Alpha Team, 566 posts
 A tomboy who likes
 pretty dresses too.
Wed 29 Aug 2012
at 17:30
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
Denyssa glanced over at Michael as he answered Francis' question. If these weren't the bandits they were looking for then she'd rather go around them, but if they were the ones with the Staff then they needed to be punished.
Francis Prowler
 Alpha Team, 46 posts
 All brawn no brains
 Axewielding Blacksmith
Thu 30 Aug 2012
at 01:13
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
Francis had so much to say--about honor, and fighting like a man.  But he saved it.  He experienced very unfamiliar feelings around Michael and Denyssa.  Was it trust?  Francis couldn't tell.

"Alright, Michael," he said.  "But I don't know how well I can hide... You know... I'm big."
Ishear
 Alpha Team, 18 posts
Thu 30 Aug 2012
at 03:00
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
When the hawk turned into a human, Ishear was surprised. She gave the human a curious look, wondering what other shapes he could take. As for the return greeting, Ish nodded her head, "Ishear." she said flatly. She didn't particularly care to get friendly with the humans, she had her goal in mind and was temporarily traveling with these folks. Once her prey were dead and her revenge satisfied, well, time would tell.

Still, the draconian's expression was unreadable as she traveled and she said little as they group bedded down for the night. Ish chose to rest somewhat removed from the humans, making her own little camp in a secluded location. Traveling with the humans had been stressful for the dragonkin and she was grateful for the short reprieve from them.

When the news of bandits came in the morning, Ishears mood changed. She no longer seemed sullen and withdrawn, but eager and .. .hungry. "Yes, it must be them," she growled as she sniffed the air. She looked over at the scaled human, "Patience?" She snorted, "Get in close and rush them," she growled, seemingly delighted at the prospects of blood, "be on them before they have time to prepare. . ." Ishear ran her tongue across her muzzle, the smell was so strong she could taste them already.
Game Master
 GM, 1132 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Thu 30 Aug 2012
at 03:40
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
At a closer look, one is carrying an ornate Staff. The assorted Orc and Humans making up the band seem organized with some military bearing. Their direction would take them towards the larger group you bypassed yesterday.
Michael Tassarion
 Alpha Team, 615 posts
 Attack with fire or sword
 Decision, Decisions.
Thu 30 Aug 2012
at 18:33
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
"We should start this sooner rather than later, as every step brings them closer to the large group from yesterday. It would be ... troublesome if that happened," Michael said. He looked excited, ready for the fight.

This was going to be interesting.
Francis Prowler
 Alpha Team, 47 posts
 All brawn no brains
 Axewielding Blacksmith
Thu 30 Aug 2012
at 21:45
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
"Haha!"  Itching for a fight, Francis pulled his axe and slowly began to approach the bandits.  "Everybody get behind me!  This is going to be fun."
Leo Selaht
 Alpha Team, 376 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Fri 31 Aug 2012
at 00:04
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
Damn, it looked bad, really bad.  Twenty of them, could they be defeated?  It was true, they had magic and skills that the average person didn't.  It looked like the decision was being made for them, Francis was approaching.  Leo got nearer, ready to give aid at a moment's notice.
Cohen Conners
 Alpha Team, 410 posts
 A Hero for the Ladies
 Why is everyone laughing?
Fri 31 Aug 2012
at 01:36
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
 *Cohen prepares himself. Just when he got more actual confidence in himself instead of his obnoxious posturing, something like this happens to try to shatter his resolve. He sums it up nicely.*

 Cohen : Great... just great...
Denyssa Tassarion
 Alpha Team, 568 posts
 A tomboy who likes
 pretty dresses too.
Wed 5 Sep 2012
at 02:35
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
Denyssa looked at her companions, not sure this was the best choice. She certainly didn't think attacking twenty at one time was the smartest thing they could do. Of course, they had the staff... and that couldn't be allowed so she started filing through her list of spells for something that would even the odds somewhat... and could think of nothing... "I don't think this is a good idea."
Game Master
 GM, 1145 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Wed 5 Sep 2012
at 02:39
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
The large band of men haven't noticed the group yet, but it's only a matter of time before it will happen.

[Private to Ishear: The smell of your mother's murderer is ripe and in that pack of men.]
Ishear
 Alpha Team, 22 posts
Wed 5 Sep 2012
at 02:55
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
"They die. . ." Ishear growled as she pulled her greatsword from its scabbard. With a lash of her tail, Ishear started moving forward, slowly gaining momentum as she moved towards the group of men.
Leo Selaht
 Alpha Team, 377 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Wed 5 Sep 2012
at 11:47
Re: 5. [IC] New Day, New Quest...
They were crazy!  Attacking 20 men dead on... Dead, being the operative word.  He could only hope that they knew something he didn't.  As much as he didn't like the idea, he couldn't fly by without helping.  He made sure he was close enough that he could get into the action in a moment's notice, but he was hoping his friends would see reason and retreat.