[IC] Combat Thread.   Posted by Game Master.Group: archive U
Game Master
 GM, 1051 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Sun 12 Aug 2012
at 21:46
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
INITIATIVE ORDER:
22 - Werewolf
19 - Felix
17 - Ziggy
14 - Articus
11 - Lackeys (1, 2, 3)
08 - Quarion



22 - Furry Guy
Moves to E-8, Strikes at Quarion but Ziggy's depressing tune causes the blade of his longsword to miss. (I would've hit otherwise, he failed the DC 17 will save to resist)


Felix - Goes Defensive


Ziggy - Continues his melancholy tune


Articus - No move or entangle coordinates - GM Assumes Articus Entangles the enemy at B-14.


Lackey 1 - In entangling field, is stuck. And dedicates the extra time trying to free himself.
Lackey 2 - In entangling field, makes save, Moves to A-11, fires his bow and MISSES (Darn you Ziggy!)
Lackey 3 - In entangling field, makes save, Moves to I-16, fires his bow and MISSES (Darn you Ziggy!)


Quarion takes a 5' step (Since a move will currently provoke an Attack of Opportunity) G-6 [Unless player wishes to amend the location in the next round post] And deals 4 DAMAGE to Werewolf.


Spike flies to Lackey 2 and stings him (1 Damage!)

[Private to GM:
Lackey 1 - 6 HP
Lackey 2 - 10 HP / 9
Lackey 3 - 9 HP
Werewolf - 22 HP / 18
]






<< END ROUND / BEGIN ROUND 2 >>
[Private to Ulric Menheller: Roll Initiative and Post actions. You'll be entering from F-27]
[Private to Alexander Florintine: Roll Initiative and Post actions. You'll be entering from G-27]

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:48, Sun 12 Aug 2012.

Alexander Florintine
 player, 1 post
Tue 14 Aug 2012
at 15:14
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
Alex, having heard the sounds of battle, draws his longsword and runs into assist.

[Private to Game Master:
07:03, Today: Alexander Florintine rolled 18 using 1d20+1. Initiative.
Alex takes a double move to get to G16
I believe I can still draw my weapon and double move, please correct me if I'm wrong.  Edited to replace new die roll.
]

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:14, Tue 14 Aug 2012.

Ulric Menheller
 player, 9 posts
Sun 12 Aug 2012
at 23:02
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
  cursing his slow reactions, Ulric saw the battle ongoing further down the path. Seeing two enemies that seemed to be trying to flank the group he had been sent to assist, he moved quickly to intercept, drawing the longsword sheathed at his left hip and curving his run left to steer himself between the patches of thick undergrowth.

23:50, Today: Ulric Menheller rolled 6 using 1d20+2. initiative.
Double move from F-27 to H-15, drawing longsword as part of move action
Articus Thane
 player, 354 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Mon 13 Aug 2012
at 15:11
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
In reply to Ulric Menheller (msg # 46):

Articus quickly moves to B14, and fires on the furry guy, saying, "Come on Fur Face, I can practically smell your bad breath from here!"


11:10, Today: Articus Thane rolled 9 using 1d8+4. Damage to Furry Dude if hit.
11:10, Today: Articus Thane rolled 14 using 1d20+7. Attack Furry Dude.
Felix
 player, 35 posts
Mon 13 Aug 2012
at 16:14
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
 Now that he has a sight on the were creature he lets his mind flow into the mode of conflict and concentrates on the furry creature.(E8)

09:11, Today: Felix rolled 6 using 2d6. possible damage.
09:11, Today: Felix rolled 13 using 1d20+10. physic blast vs wereman

Ziggy
 player, 100 posts
 ♫ Great musician
 (in the making)
Mon 13 Aug 2012
at 17:50
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
Ziggy continues to play, smiling just a bit when he sees that enemies are clearly affected by the music.
Quarion
 player, 80 posts
 A half-elf
 with a hint of magic
Tue 14 Aug 2012
at 07:06
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
Quarion bathes the werewolf in fire from his hands "didnt your mother you tell you that you should never mess with mages"

Today: Quarion rolled 3 using 2d4. burning hands.ooc move me if by my turn i need to move for this to work
Game Master
 GM, 1066 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Tue 14 Aug 2012
at 15:40
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
INITIATIVE ORDER:
22 - Werewolf
19 - Felix
18 - Alexander
17 - Ziggy
14 - Articus
11 - Lackeys (1, 2, 3)
08 - Quarion
06 - Ulrich


Werewolf - 5' Step up to Quarion, Swings his sword in a vicious arc and lands a solid blow staggering Quarion for 11 Points of Damage! [Actual damage decreased to 9 Due to Ziggy's Music!]

Felix - Sees the Wereman flinch from pain.

Alexander - Doubles moves to G-16 [Private to Alexander Florintine: Actions should be declared openly, hidden powers or secrets feel free to private msg. And yes, you can draw as PART of the move action ;)]

Ziggy - Continues to assist the party [Private to Ziggy: The bonus is incorrect it's +1 +1 per 6 Skill RANKS, not skill Total. Since Eclipse rounds up, 4 Skill Ranks would become 6 for purposes of deciding bonus, ergo +2 not +3.]

Articus - Moves into the entangle spell and becomes entangled. His shot misses the Werewolf. [Private to Articus Thane: DC is 15, I rolled a 14 for you.]

Lackeys (x3) -
Lackey #1 - Fires and misses Alexander
Lackey #2 - Swings at Spike, and when the blow would have landed instead veers away as Ziggy hits a discordant note and Misses.
Lackey #3 - Fires a Deadly shot at Alexander, thankfully the music decreases the deadly arc (Critical Hit! 8 Damage instead of 12!)

Quarion - Splashes the fire on the Werewolf

Ulrich - Double Moves to H-15

Spike stings the man, but misses with the bite. The man falls to the ground.



<< END ROUND / ROUND 3 >>

[Private to GM:
Lackey 1 - 6 HP
Lackey 2 - 10 HP / 9
Lackey 3 - 9 HP
Werewolf - 22 HP / 9
]
Articus Thane
 player, 361 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Tue 14 Aug 2012
at 15:54
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
In reply to Game Master (msg # 51):

Articus groans aloud at his own foolishness, glad to know something about his new abilities...albeit the hard way.

Making a mental note, Articus dismisses the spell.
Ulric Menheller
 player, 11 posts
Tue 14 Aug 2012
at 17:04
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
  Feeling the surge of adrenaline as battle was joined, Ulric gripped his longsword with both hands, throwing his weight into a vicious backhand slash aimed to open the creature before him from belly to shoulder.

18:00, Today: Ulric Menheller rolled 11 using 1d20+5. attack roll.
18:01, Today: Ulric Menheller rolled 9 using 1d8+6. 2H longsword damage should the attack hit.
If the attack hits and the enemy is slain and the entangle effect is over by this time, Ulric will make a 5ft step to I17 in order to engage the next enemy
Articus Thane
 player, 362 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Tue 14 Aug 2012
at 17:18
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
In reply to Ulric Menheller (msg # 53):

OOC: It won't be, I only dismissed the Entangle spell in the square I'm in.
Ziggy
 player, 101 posts
 ♫ Great musician
 (in the making)
Tue 14 Aug 2012
at 19:48
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
Seeing Quarion wounded, and the armed enemy being so close, Ziggy stops smiling. The boy looks pale, but he keeps playing his tune, not running away yet.

[Private to GM: re bonus: of course, my fault, sorry]
Alexander Florintine
 player, 2 posts
Tue 14 Aug 2012
at 21:44
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
Alex ran around to swing his longsword at the creature standing before him.

Alex moves to I15

14:37, Today: Alexander Florintine rolled 7 using 1d8+3. Longsword Damage.
14:36, Today: Alexander Florintine rolled 20 using 1d20+4. Attack.

Felix
 player, 36 posts
Wed 15 Aug 2012
at 00:49
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
 He felt the slight tiredness as he saw the were creature flinch and had the hope that he had done something to the beast, still he was too close the creature now as was Articus, if he fled now then Articus might be slain or worse infected by its bite.

 With a sigh he again concentrates and lashes out at the were man, hoping to stagger it a least or stun it would be even better.

 17:50, Today: Felix rolled 30 using 1d20+10. Mental blast at wereman
17:54, Today: Felix rolled 3 using 2d6. Mental blast at wereman damagex2(6damage)

 [Private to GM: Possible crit?.]

This message was last edited by the player at 00:55, Wed 15 Aug 2012.

Quarion
 player, 84 posts
 A half-elf
 with a hint of magic
Wed 15 Aug 2012
at 07:02
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
In reply to Felix (msg # 57):

Quarion says a few coulorful words as he runs to H10 then cast force armour on himself



OOC if i cant make this move without giving something an attack opertunity then i'll 5ft step away from the threat instead

Game Master
 GM, 1073 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Wed 15 Aug 2012
at 15:45
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
INITIATIVE ORDER:
22 - Werewolf
19 - Felix
18 - Alexander
17 - Ziggy
14 - Articus
11 - Lackeys (1, 2, 3)
08 - Quarion
06 - Ulrich


Werewolf - 5' Step up to Quarion, Swings his sword in a backhand slice landing another solid blow on Quarion for 10 Points of Damage! [Actual damage decreased to 8 Due to Ziggy's Music!]

Felix - The Wereman flinches from pain and gives you a dirty glare.

Alexander - Lands a solid blow on the bandit.

Ziggy - Continues to assist the party.

Articus - Dismisses entangle spell (North Map)

Lackeys (x3) -
Lackey #1 - Fires and hits Articus (5 Damage!)
Lackey #2 - Remains unconscious as Spike gives a mighty roar of victory.
Lackey #3 - Drops his bow, and pulls out his short sword in a bumbling manner after being struck, missing Ulric.

Quarion - Withdraw Action to H-10, and then curses more as he realizes Force Armor will grant him no more protection as he already has it cast. [Withdraw action is a full round action]

Ulrich - Swings and misses

Spike - Victory Roar.



<< END ROUND / ROUND 4 >>

[Private to GM:
Lackey 1 - 6 HP
Lackey 2 - 10 HP / 8 (Sleeping)
Lackey 3 - 9 HP / 2
Werewolf - 22 HP / 6
]

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:03, Thu 16 Aug 2012.

Alexander Florintine
 player, 3 posts
Wed 15 Aug 2012
at 16:55
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
His confidence boosted by landing a solid hit, Alex continues assisting his companions.

09:53, Today: Alexander Florintine rolled 6 using 1d20+3. Longsword Damage.
09:53, Today: Alexander Florintine rolled 21 using 1d20+4. Attack Bandit.

Felix
 player, 37 posts
Wed 15 Aug 2012
at 17:27
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
 The staggering of his body was hard to hold it together but he had to be of any help to these guys. He had given it his all but it did not seem that was enough and worse the were creature was now looking him over as if he were a treat to enjoy later.

 With a mental command he leaves his spot and appears in a slightly more dense mass of foliage to hide himself for a bit.

[Private to GM: Apport to K 7]
Ulric Menheller
 player, 12 posts
Wed 15 Aug 2012
at 17:51
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
  His previous attack thwarted and his blade still held high, Ulric brought it down diagonally, hoping to feel the blade bite into the lackey's shoulder.

18:46, Today: Ulric Menheller rolled 16 using 1d20+5. longsword attack.
18:47, Today: Ulric Menheller rolled 7 using 1d8+6. longsword damage.

  OOC: If this attack should drop the enemy, Ulric will make a 5ft step into the entangled area to engage the next enemy

  Gwen:
Bursting from the undergrowth the snarling grey she-wolf moved fast as a an arrow, bearing down on the largest enemy and seeking to tear the creature's hamstring out

20:17, Today: Ulric Menheller rolled 22 using 1d20+7. Gwen's attack roll.
20:17, Today: Ulric Menheller rolled 5 using 1d6+1. Gwen's damage.
20:19, Today: Ulric Menheller rolled 20 using 1d20+2. trip check.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:21, Wed 15 Aug 2012.

Articus Thane
 player, 363 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Wed 15 Aug 2012
at 19:04
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
Articus, wincing in pain from the arrow, keeps his attention on the hairy beast attacking his friends.

Letting another arrow fly, his shot is not as steady, but he keeps his focus.
Articus Thane
 player, 364 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Wed 15 Aug 2012
at 19:04
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
Articus, wincing in pain from the arrow, keeps his attention on the hairy beast attacking his friends.

Letting another arrow fly, his shot is not as steady, but he keeps his focus.


15:03, Today: Articus Thane rolled 6 using 1d8+4. Damage if it hits.
15:03, Today: Articus Thane rolled 13 using 1d20+7. Attack Furry Dude.

Ziggy
 player, 102 posts
 ♫ Great musician
 (in the making)
Thu 16 Aug 2012
at 16:04
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
// OOC: do we have a map for the end of round 4?
Game Master
 GM, 1079 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Thu 16 Aug 2012
at 17:04
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
In reply to Ziggy (msg # 65):

In place now.
Ziggy
 player, 103 posts
 ♫ Great musician
 (in the making)
Thu 16 Aug 2012
at 20:24
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
Seeing that his friends left him and seeing werewolf approaching, Ziggy stops playing and runs away, screaming "Help me!".

// OOC: in direction of B-4, even if that provokes attack of opportunity -- Ziggy is damn afraid.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:25, Thu 16 Aug 2012.

Game Master
 GM, 1086 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Sat 18 Aug 2012
at 07:00
Re: [IC] Combat Thread
INITIATIVE ORDER:
22 - Werewolf
19 - Felix
18 - Alexander
17 - Ziggy
14 - Articus
11 - Lackeys (1, 2, 3)
08 - Quarion
06 - Ulrich


Werewolf - 5' Step up to FELIX, The hatred in his eyes. Though he over compensates and misses.

Felix - Disappears (Move Action - No AoO)

Alexander - Lands another solid blow on the bandit and kills him.

Ziggy - Run Away! Werewolf Misses Ziggy on the AoO.

Articus - Misses

Lackeys (x3) -
Lackey #1 - Fires and MISSES Ulrich.
Lackey #2 - Remains unconscious.
Lackey #3 - DEAD.

Quarion - Stands around in an obvious panic'd state

Ulrich - 5' Step and swings at the foe landing a solid blow, killing the bandit instantly.
Gwen - Rushes in and trips the Werewolf.

Spike - Victory Roar.



<< END ROUND / ROUND 5 >>

[Private to GM:
Lackey 1 - 6 HP / DEAD
Lackey 2 - 10 HP / 8 (Sleeping)
Lackey 3 - 9 HP / -5 (Dead)
Werewolf - 22 HP / 1 (TRIPPED)
]

All his allies dead, or not moving, and a vicious wolf biting his leg, the Wereman calls out "I surrender! Get the animal off me!"

<< Unless people intend on outright killing the remaining man, combat is over... please resume posting in the main IC thread >>