Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))   Posted by The Stray.Group: 0
Black Riders
 NPC, 3 posts
 From Hell's Heart
 P6 T8 Cha - F0 Extra
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 05:16
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
"Bitch, I am gettin' real sick o' you." Bill growls as he's peppered with shots again. He waves to two of his riders, which close in, leap off their horses near the collapsed Earl and son, and start dragging the older man back.

The other deaders return fire. One of them hits the cornice near Trace's head, sending a spray of chips into the sharpshooter's face. The other catches Katy in the shoulder...it's only a graze, but it hurts.

Then Bill himself aims his gun at the Ranger. "Have a taste yourself." he says, and fires. This shot clips Katy in the thigh...

And meanwhile, the horde of walkin' dead moans and draws ever closer.

((OOC: That's two Shaken results, which is a Wound for Bill. He spends his other chip and attempts to Soak.

21:49, Today: Bill Johnson rolled 7,2 using d10,d6, rerolling max with rolls of 7,2.  Soak. That's a success, but now he's out of chips and has to rely on the GM's stash, which is pretty thin thanks to the other fights in other threads.

The Black Riders go next.

Bill orders two of the Riders to go grab Earl, while the other two take potshots at the pair.

The two going after Earl move, dismount, and make a cooperative Strength check to pick up Earl

21:55, Today: Black Riders rolled 2,2 using d6,d6, rerolling max with rolls of 2,2.  Strength. Fail. Must be all them biscuits & gravy. They spend a GM chip for a reroll.

21:56, Today: Black Riders rolled 3,5 using d6,d6, rerolling max with rolls of 3,5.  white chip. Success.

They load him on a horse, but that eats up the rest of their turn.

The two taking shots don't move, so they get their Marskman bonus to their shots. This cancels out the Unstable Platform penalties they have, but doesn't do much to get around Trace's cover.

Vs. Trace: 21:58, Today: Black Riders rolled 4 using 1d10-2, rerolling max with rolls of 6.  Shooting (Cover). Hit.

Damage: 7, which will make Trace Shaken.

Vs. Katy: 22:00, Today: Black Riders rolled 6 using 1d10, rerolling max with rolls of 6.  Shooting. Hit.

Damage: 7, which means Katy is also Shaken.

Bill gets his action. He's not fond of being filled by bullets by Katy, so he shoots at her. He also has Marksman to cancel out his Unsteady Platform penalty.

22:02, Today: Bill Johnson rolled 3,4 using d10,d6, rerolling max with rolls of 3,4.  Shooting.

Damage: 10, which will be a Wound unless Katy Soaks.

The shuffling horde move 6 squares closer.

Card: 5D))





Turn Order
Trace: QH, Shaken
Katy: QD, Needs to resolve a roll
Black Riders: 5D

Trace Hargrave
 player, 66 posts
 Drifter
 P5 T6 W0 F0 Cha0 W1 R0 B0
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 16:36
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
Hargrave shifted his attention to the riders loading Earl on their horse. His stomach went cold as he briefly considered what the dead men might do to the rancher, a man who, by all accounts, was honest and honorable, and had treated him like a trusted cowhand who had been in his employ for decades.

He took aim, whispering more insistently to the landvaettir, virtually demanding their aid. The wights answered with a spiritual shriek he felt in the back of his skull, a sharp, hollow sensation he had to wrestle with momentarily in order to retain his focus.

Letting out a slow breath through his teeth, he fired at one of the riders.

08:57, Today: Trace Hargrave rolled 4,2 using 1d6,1d6, rerolling max with rolls of 4,2.  Spirit.

That unshakes Hargrave from the injury, but...

Free Action: Activate Smite

08:59, Today: Trace Hargrave rolled 1,5 using 1d8,1d6, rerolling max with rolls of 1,5.  Hexslinging.

The power activates, thanks to the Wild Die, but the 1 on the Hexslinging die means Hargrave is immediately shaken, so I'll burn a White Chip to unshake.

09:02, Today: Trace Hargrave rolled 7,7 using 1d10+3,1d6+3, rerolling max with rolls of 4,4.  Shooting.

09:10, Today: Trace Hargrave rolled 13 using 2d10+2, rerolling max with rolls of 2,9.  Damage.

10:31, Today: Trace Hargrave drew the single card: 7D using a deck of 54 cards.  Initiative.

Black Riders
 NPC, 4 posts
 From Hell's Heart
 P6 T8 Cha - F0 Extra
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 19:50
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
The pain was worth it, as the shot takes the rider's head clean off and it drops. The other one continues hauling Earl towards its horse.

((OOC: That's a Wound, which downs the Rider. 3 left.))

Katy's up next!
Catherine Hays Cox
 player, 164 posts
 Texas Ranger
 P5 T6 W0 F0 Cha0 W3R3B0L0
Thu 19 Jan 2017
at 08:20
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
Katy looked around at the advancing dedders. She'd like to recall a more difficult spot than the one she currently faced, but she was having a hard time coming up with anything. The bullet that hit Katy in the thigh tore out a bit of flesh and made her wince as she covered it with her hand.

00:05, Today: Catherine Hays Cox rolled 13,2 using d8,d6, rerolling max with rolls of (8+5)13,2.  Soak.

Katy still thought the key to this whole thing was one Bill Johnson, but she wasn't keen on letting the riders do what they wanted with Earl. She slapped a fresh cylinder in her gun after releasing the spent one, and took aim at the rider trying to load the ranch owner on a horse. This time she only squeezed the trigger once, and her aim was true.

15 to hit and 15 damage.

00:12, Today: Catherine Hays Cox rolled 15 using 3d6+1, rerolling max with rolls of 2,(6+1)7,5.  Damage.
00:12, Today: Catherine Hays Cox rolled 15,4 using d8,d6, rerolling max with rolls of (8+7)15,4.  Shooting.

08:39, Today: Catherine Hays Cox drew the single card: JS using a deck of 54 cards.  Initiative.


"I got plenty of lead, Bill. Yer next." Katy's shoulder was starting to bleed a bit, as was her thigh. And she'd taken a few hits in the graveyard. Just another day in the life of a Ranger.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:50, Wed 25 Jan 2017.

Black Riders
 NPC, 5 posts
 From Hell's Heart
 P6 T8 Cha - F0 Extra
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 01:06
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
Katy's shot takes down the rider, but even as she's challenging Bill one of the remaining riders wings her. As she reels from shock and pain, Bill spurs his mount forward, slides down alongside his horse, and hauls Earl up and onto the saddle!

"So long, folks!" he grins. "Enjoy bein' deader chow!"

Then he spurs his mount hard, and disappears around the corner of the house, his prize still in his clutches!

The remaining riders continue to fire on the two. One of them wings Trace again, just a graze but it hurts. The other spurs its horse and charges straight for Katy! Luckily, she's able to duck.

And still the horde grows closer, and closer...their dead eyes gleam in the firelight.

"EARL!" Caroline screams. "EAAAAAAAAAAARL!"

((OOC: Whoops, thought I'd posted here.

That shot will take down another Rider, leaving Bill, 2 more Riders, and the horde of undead.

The undead horde continues to shamble closer. It'll be a round or two before they're really in range to cause much harm, but they are closing in.

Bill decides to take matters into his own hands and goes to grab Earl himself. He moves 3 squares and makes a Strength check to haul Earl up on his saddle.

17:35, Today: Bill Johnson rolled 4,5 using d6,d6, rerolling max with rolls of 4,5.  Strength.

Success. He angles Earl so that the man is between him and you guys, so he's got Medium Cover and there's an Innocent Bystander at risk.

The two remaining riders split their shots again, one aiming for Trace and one aiming for Katy. The one shooting for Trace moves to cover the boss, while the other remains still to get the benefit of its Marksman ability.

Vs. Trace: 17:38, Today: Black Riders rolled 2 using 1d10-2, rerolling max with rolls of 4.  Shooting (Cover). Miss.

Vs. Katy: 17:38, Today: Black Riders rolled 9 using 1d10+2, rerolling max with rolls of 7.  Shooting (Marksman). Hit and Raise

Damage: 13. That's a Wound for Katy unless she soaks.

Card: AS

Well, that's not good. The bad guys get to go first.

So with his action, Bill rides away, Running and keeping Earl between him and the shooters. He gets a 6 on his Run die, so he gets to move 14 squares. This will put him around the corner, giving him Heavy Cover (-4 to hit) unless you guys move to get a more clear shot.

The zombie horde continues to shamble forward. They are now perilously close, and are between you and Bill.

The Riders change tactics. The one firing at Trace takes time to get use out of Marksman to cancel out the Cover, while the other one just Charges and attempts to run Katy down.

Vs. Trace: 17:52, Today: Black Riders rolled 7 using 1d10, rerolling max with rolls of 7.  Shooting. Hit, no Raise.

Damage: 7. That'll make Trace Shaken

Vs. Katy: 17:53, Today: Black Riders rolled 4 using 1d8, rerolling max with rolls of 4.  Fighting (Charge!). Miss (was reading it wrong...Charge adds to Damage, not the attack)

next Round Card: AC))




Turn Order
Black Riders: AS
Katy: JS, needs to Soak 1 Wound
Trace: 7D, Shaken

This message was last edited by the player at 01:09, Fri 27 Jan 2017.

Catherine Hays Cox
 player, 169 posts
 Texas Ranger
 P5 T6 W0 F0 Cha0 W3R3B0L0
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 14:50
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
OOC: How fast is that horde moving? It looks like 3 or more of them might be able to attack Katy next round? Also, I assume that even while mounted, Katy moving at all will provide a free attack to the Black Rider that is adjacent to her? Also, the two black riders that are dead - their horses remained where they were, correct?
The Stray
 GM, 1943 posts
 The Marshal
 'round these parts
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 17:20
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
((OOC: The horde is moving their pace of 6 each turn, though through use of moving diagonally some can close the distance better than others. Still, 3 or 4 seems to be right. Yes, without Withdrawing you'd provoke an opportunity attack from the Black Rider near you.

The horses of the Black Riders that were downed are milling about in the general area where they fell, yes. They are zombie horses, now that Katy can see them clearly -- normal horses probably wouldn't go anywhere near them.))

Catherine Hays Cox
 player, 170 posts
 Texas Ranger
 P5 T6 W0 F0 Cha0 W1R2B0L0
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 18:31
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
Katy yelped as another bullet bit into her flesh, though it seemed to be another graze. She slapped a hand on yet another source of blood and fired at the closest rider hoping it would give her a moment to move further away from the undead horde moving their direction.

She pointed out the state of the other horses to Trace. "Them horses what ridden by these things, they're, uh, sickly. Get her up on yer mount and let's finish these riders 'fore takin' off after Earl. Keep some distance between that mob and yerself."

OOC: Katy is going to shoot and move this turn, which should give her an unstable platform penalty.

Used a white to soak, and a white and red to hit the rider next to Katy for 12 damage (AP1)

She will then move a square NW, then 3 W, provoking an attack from the rider she leaves (if he soaks) and putting her within melee range of the other rider (though she doesn't leave it's melee range so I don't think she will be further assaulted for free).

09:44, Today: Catherine Hays Cox drew the single card: 6H using a deck of 54 cards.  Initiative.
09:44, Today: Catherine Hays Cox rolled 12 using 2d6+1, rerolling max with rolls of 2,(6+3)9.  Damage.
09:43, Today: Catherine Hays Cox rolled 4 using 1d6, rerolling max with rolls of 4.  red chip.
09:42, Today: Catherine Hays Cox rolled 3,3 using d8-2,d6-2, rerolling max with rolls of 5,5.  Reroll (white chip).
09:41, Today: Catherine Hays Cox rolled 1,-1 using d8-2,d6-2, rerolling max with rolls of 3,1.  Shooting (Unstable).
09:36, Today: Catherine Hays Cox rolled 5,4 using d8,d6, rerolling max with rolls of 5,4.  Soak.

Caroline Johnson
 NPC, 4 posts
 Homemaker
 P4 T5 Cha +2 F0 Extra
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 18:40
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
The rider falls at Katy's shot, and she's able to move without taking further attack.

Caroline points down at the ground, toward the crumbled boy that had been laying next to Earl. "Conner! you have to get Conner! Those thing's...they'll kill him!" She cries.
Trace Hargrave
 player, 67 posts
 Drifter
 P5 T6 W0 F0 Cha0 W1 R0 B0
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 00:50
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
Hargrave hissed though his teeth as a bullet grazed his shoulder. Doing his best to follow Cox's instructions he drew a bead on the last rider. "Missus Johnson!" he yelled, trying to be heard over the gunfire, "We're going to keep Conner safe and get Earl back! But I need you to listen! You've got to climb down so we can get to my horse! I'll be right behind you!"

He exhaled and squeezed the trigger.

18:02, Today: Trace Hargrave rolled 4,4 using 1d6,1d6, rerolling max with rolls of 4,4.  Spirit.

Just enough to undo the shaken condition.

18:04, Today: Trace Hargrave rolled 8,8 using 1d10+3,1d6+3, rerolling max with rolls of 5,5.  Shooting.

18:05, Today: Trace Hargrave rolled 9,3 using 2d10+2,1d6, rerolling max with rolls of 5,2,3.  Damage.

Total Damage: 12

18:08, Today: Trace Hargrave drew the single card: 9C using a deck of 54 cards. Initiative

Caroline Johnson
 NPC, 5 posts
 Homemaker
 P4 T5 Cha +2 F0 Extra
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 16:13
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
The rider pitches off its horse and lies still.

"Climb?" Caroline quavers. She swallows and nods. "Alright." She scrambles toward the edge of the roof, but it's quickly obvious she doesn't know what she's doing, and in her haste she loses her grip and falls, screaming, to the ground.

She lands hard, and curls into a ball, moaning in pain. In the firelight, the heads of the approaching horde turn her direction.

((OOC: Caroline tries to climb. Shes Defaulting on this.

09:06, Today: Caroline Johnson rolled 0 using 1d4-2, rerolling max with rolls of 2.  Climbing.

That's a fail. She falls, and takes 10 damage. That's a Wound, which she attempts to soak.

09:09, Today: Caroline Johnson rolled 5 using 1d6, rerolling max with rolls of 5.  Soak.

You got lucky, but now she's prone and doesn't have any movement left to stand and try to get anywhere.

Katy, I don't have a card from you.))

Trace Hargrave
 player, 68 posts
 Drifter
 P5 T6 W0 F0 Cha0 W1 R0 B0
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 19:10
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
OOC: Marshal, I think Fox's Initiative draw is at the top of her last series of dice rolls. It looks like she drew a 6H.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:13, Sat 28 Jan 2017.

Walkin' Dead
 NPC, 14 posts
 Tasty, tasty brains
 P5 T7 F0 Cha - Extra
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 19:29
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
Katy is quickly penned in by a wall of dead flesh. The moaning monsters surround her, biting and scratching at her with their bony fingers...

((OOC: Why, so it is. That means the zombies go first.

Bill Johnson continues Running, moving 15 squares total.

The walkin' dead head toward Katy and Caroline. The good news for Katy is that they can't get to Caroline without getting past her. The bad news for Katy is there's now a mob of ten zombies close enough to her to try to make a meal of her.

Only 3 can get at her this round. They get a +2 gang-up bonus on their attacks

12:20, Today: Walkin' Dead rolled 5 using 1d6+2, rerolling max with rolls of 3.  Fighting.
12:20, Today: Walkin' Dead rolled 3,4 using d6+2,d6+2, rerolling max with rolls of 1,2.  Fighting.

Only one hit, no Raises.

Damage: 11. That's a Shaken and 1 Wound unless Katy soaks.

Card: 4C))



Turn Order
Walkin' Dead: AC
Trace: 9C
Katy: 6H, needs to soak 1 wound

This message was last edited by the player at 19:29, Sat 28 Jan 2017.

Trace Hargrave
 player, 69 posts
 Drifter
 P5 T6 W0 F0 Cha0 W1 R0 B0
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 22:05
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
Hargrave dropped the rifle, allowing the weapon to roll off the slopes overhang. As he stood, his thoughts went to England, to his home there, and to Sibley, lost to him for what seemed an eternity now. Silently, he hoped she had found contentment and the life she'd hoped for. Drawing his bowie, he jabbed the point into his left forearm with all of the force he could manage. The knife bit deep, deeper than he had intended, and he felt abruptly unsteady, as though he was drunk on his feet. Staggering to the edge of the overhang, behind as many of the gathering undead as was possible, he shouted, "HEY! LOOK HERE! FRESH MEAT, YOU BASTARDS! COME AND GET ME!"

Shakily, he dropped off the roof to the ground.

15:31, Today: Trace Hargrave rolled 6,7 using 1d8,1d4+1, rerolling max with rolls of 6,(4+2)6.  Damage - Bowie Knife.

Ouch! Naturally, the one time I want to roll low...

I believe that jab puts me at 2 Wounds and Shaken. To try to stay a little more functional, I'll burn my final white chip to soak...

15:33, Today: Trace Hargrave rolled 2,3 using 1d8,1d6, rerolling max with rolls of 2,3.  Soak Roll - White Chip.

...but can't pull it off. I'm guessing I'd need an Agility roll to drop down safely...

15:38, Today: Trace Hargrave rolled 2,1 using 1d8-2,1d6-2, rerolling max with rolls of 4,3.  Agility.

...but that one goes south, too. I'll let you determine damage for the fall, Marshal. Hopefully, even if Hargrave is incapacitated, the smell of that much fresh blood will draw at least several of the zombies away from Cox and the Johnsons.

I doubt I'll need it, but just to be on the safe side:

16:02, Today: Trace Hargrave drew the single card: 7S using a deck of 54 cards.  Initiative.

The Stray
 GM, 1949 posts
 The Marshal
 'round these parts
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 22:11
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
((OOC: Um, wow. Alrighty. Take 2 random chips for that, because that was some epic RNG screwage there, and it plays right into your Code of Honor.))
Catherine Hays Cox
 player, 172 posts
 Texas Ranger
 P5 T6 W0 F0 Cha0 W1R2B0L0
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 01:46
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
So, uh, a horse running full tilt into a mess of zombies might trample some of them, yes? Can you let me know if there is any such possibility and/or a rule to cover this possibility?
The Stray
 GM, 1952 posts
 The Marshal
 'round these parts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 02:01
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
((OOC: Well, the horse can make attacks just like a character can, giving you additional attacks per round. You also have Hip Shooting, which is perfect for this sort of crowd control. You or your horse can also try to Push a zombie into other zombies.

The horse you have has the following stats:

War Horse
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4 (A), Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d10
Skills: Fighting d8, Notice d6
Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 10
Special Abilities
  • Fleet-Footed: War horses roll a d8 when running instead of a d6.
  • Kick: Str+d4.
  • Size +3: Warhorses are large creatures bred for their power and stature.
))

Catherine Hays Cox
 player, 173 posts
 Texas Ranger
 P5 T6 W0 F0 Cha0 W1R2B0L0
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 03:29
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
OOC: Also, I thought the zombies were only moving 6...did you miss Katy's movement from last round? I thought that movement would put her outside their shambling range.
The Stray
 GM, 1953 posts
 The Marshal
 'round these parts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 03:57
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
((OOC: Did you? Why, so you did. Sorry about that...skip the soak roll, then.))
Catherine Hays Cox
 player, 174 posts
 Texas Ranger
 P5 T6 W0 F0 Cha0 W1R2B0L0
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 13:32
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
"Dammit!"

Katy had hoped the woman of the house would be able to descend more easily than she had. She seemed to have not suffered any sort of broken bones, but she was going to need a moment to gather herself. The Ranger watched a bleeding Deputy come rolling down a moment later, landing in a heap nearby. Had he really stabbed himself to buy some time? With a sigh, Katy barked out orders to the now-prone Caroline Johnson. She gestured toward Trace's horse (which hopefully is smart enough not to be surrounded by zombies at this point?) "Caroline! Get your boy, and get on that horse. Head toward town!"

05:18, Today: Catherine Hays Cox rolled 1,3 using d8-2,d6-2, rerolling max with rolls of 3,5.  Shooting (Unstable).

The ranger spun her horse about and fired a shot at the dedder that was closest to the child. It was ineffectual, unless the horde was scared away by loud noises. Which seemed awfully unlikely at this moment. But she couldn't let the boy be ripped to shreds while his mother watched, so Katy's course was rather clear. "Ya!"

The Ranger spurred her mount into motion again, and ran the horse at the zombies nearest to the boy. She tried to angle her mount so that she'd be able to knock over and trample as many of the dedders as she could. She gripped tightly as her mount surged beneath her, possibly for the last time.

7 on the strength roll for push (trying to trample zombies) plus any bonus for getting up some speed ahead of contact with the zombies?

Didn't know if the horse could also attack in the same round as the push (really not sure about mounted combat rules or animal attack rules) so I rolled a die just in case. Not that it mattered since it came up 3.

AD for next round.

05:27, Today: Catherine Hays Cox drew the single card: AD using a deck of 54 cards.  Initiative.
05:26, Today: Catherine Hays Cox rolled 3 using 1d8, rerolling max with rolls of 3.  Fighting? (mount).
05:25, Today: Catherine Hays Cox rolled 9 using 1d12+2, rerolling max with rolls of 7.  Strength (mount,push).

This message was last edited by the player at 13:34, Sun 29 Jan 2017.

Walkin' Dead
 NPC, 15 posts
 Tasty, tasty brains
 P5 T7 F0 Cha - Extra
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 17:33
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
The force of the horse sends the deader reeling, of course. It falls over, taking several of the deaders around it down as well.

Caroline struggles up to her feet, then heads over to the fallen boy. "Momma's got you, don't worry..." She says to him as she heads for the horse. It looks like it's going to take her a few moments to mount up, though.

((OOC: Looks like a 9, not a 7, since the horse has a bonus to Strength.

10:22, Today: Walkin' Dead rolled 2 using 1d6, rerolling max with rolls of 2.  Strength.

That's a Success and Raise on the push, so the zombie gets bowled over and takes several of the front rank with it.

The only way to make an attack with a Push is to take a Multiaction, which you probably don't want to do with an Extra.))


Turn Order
Katy: AD
Trace: 7S
Walkin' Dead: 4C

Catherine Hays Cox
 player, 176 posts
 Texas Ranger
 P5 T6 W0 F0 Cha0 W1R2B0L0
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 00:16
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
Katy pointed her gun over toward where Trace had fallen, and her bullet took one of the bastards in the head, spraying zombie matter all over her deputy. One down, nine to go, and several were on the deck. Time to add to that score. "Ya!" Katy spurred her horse into action again, the powerful creature creating another path toward Trace (or so she hoped). In any case, the undead should have plenty of reason to ignore Caroline and her boy.

OOC: Katy plugs one of the dedders she thinks will close on Trace, doing 27 damage. Soak that, motherfucker!

Katy spurred her mount to cut another path through the dedders. Strength roll of 10. Hopefully that knocks a lot of zed prone. She's trying to keep Trace alive with this trampling.

16:04, Today: Catherine Hays Cox drew the single card: 3H using a deck of 54 cards.  Initiative.
16:04, Today: Catherine Hays Cox rolled 10 using 1d12+2, rerolling max with rolls of 8.  Push.
16:03, Today: Catherine Hays Cox rolled 17,10 using 2d6+1,d6, rerolling max with rolls of 2,(6+6+2)14,(6+4)10.  Damage,Raise.
16:03, Today: Catherine Hays Cox rolled 2,13 using d8-2,d6-2, rerolling max with rolls of 4,(6+6+3)15.  Shooting (Unstable).

Also, IMHO a self-inflicted wound shouldn't be allowed to cause 2 wounds. It's not random. Cutting your arm in a controlled manner isn't the same as getting stabbed in the gut by an unfriendly.

Also also, Katy's initiative sucks. Yay for a d8 Vigor. 3 chips should be enough, right? Right?

Trace Hargrave
 player, 72 posts
 Drifter
 P5 T6 W0 F0 Cha0 W0 R1 B1
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 04:14
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
Hargrave stood shakily to his feet. His vision had begun to tunnel, but he was dimly aware of Cox firing at one of the dead men, while spurring her horse into several more of them.

Stepping to the porch, he drew his pistol, firing at the nearest of the revenants. A half instant later, he swung his wounded left arm in a wide arc, hoping to shed droplets of blood on as many of the zombies as possible, praying that the gore would keep them distracted from those trying to flee.

"Katy! You've got to try to catch Bill! He has Earl!" he called out, his hollow voice strange to his own ears.

21:59, Today: Trace Hargrave rolled 19,7 using 1d10-4,1d6-4, rerolling max with rolls of (10+10+3)23,(6+5)11.  Shooting.

22:10, Today: Trace Hargrave rolled 19 using 3d6, rerolling max with rolls of 4,1,(6+6+2)14.  Damage - Pistol.

22:11, Today: Trace Hargrave drew the single card: 8D using a deck of 54 cards.  Initiative.

Walkin' Dead
 NPC, 16 posts
 Tasty, tasty brains
 P5 T7 F0 Cha - Extra
Fri 3 Feb 2017
at 06:35
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
Katy rides into the mass of deaders, knocking several more down...but unfortunately, they don't stay down! Worse, they have access to one hell of a huge meal in front of them...Trace's bloody arm doesn't distract any of them enough!

The deaders fair climb up the shanks of Katy's horse, sending the beast into a panic bucking. Katy herself feels several of them bite into her legs...

...and worse, a couple zombie break from the pack, and head straight for Caroline and Connor! One of them grabs the house wife and starts gnawing down...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" Caroline shrieks.

((OOC: Bowling for zombies!

23:08, Today: Walkin' Dead rolled 1 using 1d6, rerolling max with rolls of 1.  Strength (Push).

That's a success and a couple raises, so a couple more zombies fall prone. Together, that's 2 zombies down, 5 prone.

The prone zombies will need to make Agility rolls to get up, otherwise they stay prone this round, which will effect how well they can fight. The trouble is, Katy's gone and gotten herself surrounded, so Gang-Up bonuses will offset the Prone penalties.

23:14, Today: Walkin' Dead rolled 4,5,2,5,5 using d6,d6,d6,d6,d6, rerolling max with rolls of 4,5,2,5,5.  Stand from Prone?

Well, that's bad. Four of the zombies are able to stand, undoing a lot of Katy's work, and now she's completely surrounded.

5 zombies are able to attack Katy and her horse. They split their attacks -- 3 at the horse, 2 at Katy. They all get a +4 Gang-up bonus.

The prone zombie crawls 3 squares. Two of the remaining zombies head for Caroline and Connor, though only one gets in range to make an attack.

Vs. Horse: 23:18, Today: Walkin' Dead rolled 5,5,8 using d6+4,d6+4,d6+4, rerolling max with rolls of 1,1,4.  Fighting. 1 hit

Damage: 7. The horse is barely hurt.

Vs. Katy: 23:19, Today: Walkin' Dead rolled 5,15 using d6+4,d6+4, rerolling max with rolls of 1,(6+5)11.  Fighting. 2 hits, 1 raise

Damage 1: 6. That makes Katy Shaken
Damage 2: 7. Another Shaken, which will cause a wound unless Katy soaks.

Vs. Caroline: 23:20, Today: Walkin' Dead rolled 4 using 1d6, rerolling max with rolls of 4.  Fighting. hit

Damage: 6. Caroline is Shaken.

Card: 2H.))




Turn Order
Trace: 8D, 1 Fatigue (instead of 2 wounds, as per the XP post)
Katy: 3H, needs to soak 1 wound
Zombies and Caroline: 2H

Trace Hargrave
 player, 77 posts
 Drifter
 P5 T6 W0 F0 Cha0 W2 R3 B2
Fri 3 Feb 2017
at 18:44
Prelude: Don't Drink The Water ((Trace, Katy))
Rage took hold of Hargrave as he witnessed the dead men swarm the Johnsons and Katy. Taking aim at the revenant that was attacking Caroline, he bellowed, "I'M GOING TO SEND EVERY ONE OF YOU BLOODY BASTARDS BACK TO HELL." For reasons he couldn't fathom, the land wights responded to his words, the air and the very ground becoming sharply cold, a sense of terrible foreboding seizing the ranch, not unlike the haunted moors his father had introduced him to in his youth.

Hoping his aim was true, he fired another shot.

Playing this:

3S - Shakin’ in Thar Boots
“I won’t just shoot ya. I’ll kill ya good!”
Play in a combat situation. Your character does or says something so intensely horrific and intimidating that it brings the area to a standstill. All other characters, friend or foe, are Shaken.

12:15, Today: Trace Hargrave rolled 9,3 using 1d10+1,1d6+1, rerolling max with rolls of 8,2.  Shooting.

12:16, Today: Trace Hargrave rolled 8 using 3d6, rerolling max with rolls of 3,1,4.  Damage.

12:17, Today: Trace Hargrave drew the single card: KD using a deck of 54 cards.  Initiative.