The Smuggler's Star.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 27 posts
Sun 5 May 2013
at 20:37
The Smuggler's Star
After a walk of only about ten minutes through darkened streets full of mysterious aliens, dark sights and strange sounds, Vakin leads the group to an alleyway, holds his finger up to his mouth to motion for quiet, and peeks around a corner. He motions for the rest of the group to come up slowly.

The four men can see a dingy marketplace set up in the street in front of them. Street vendors are selling a wide variety of wares, mostly food, in crude stalls made mostly from scrap metal and plasteel. Following Vakin's pointing finger, the men see a small, unremarkable-looking door a few meters into a small alcove between two stalls. Past the stall to the alcove's right, the men see a larger metal door. Two bored-looking humans are leaning against the wall off to the right of the door. "Ready to go?" Vakin whispers.
Marius Hackett
 player, 18 posts
Thu 23 May 2013
at 02:22
Re: The Smuggler's Star
Marius nods, "Let's do it." He heads off toward the guards with Vakin. "Evening gents, this the Smuggler's Star?"
Grick-Pur-Yi
 player, 13 posts
Thu 23 May 2013
at 02:23
Re: The Smuggler's Star
The jawa skulks off into the shadows with Jergan.
Narrator
 GM, 28 posts
Mon 27 May 2013
at 01:28
Re: The Smuggler's Star
The taller human, with close-cropped brown hair and wearing a thick nerf leather vest, replies without looking too closely at Marius. "Main entrance is up two stories."

As the two aliens reach the service access door, they notice that the door is fairly sturdy. Crammed as it is into an alcove, they are essentially out of sight of the rest of the street. Grick-Pur-Yi can see a small card reader to the right of the door.
Marius Hackett
 player, 19 posts
Fri 31 May 2013
at 20:05
Re: The Smuggler's Star
Marius replies, 'Sorry to say but we're here to work, not gamble. We've been told to check on the electrical backups.'
Grick-Pur-Yi
 player, 14 posts
Fri 31 May 2013
at 20:09
Re: The Smuggler's Star
The jawa takes his time, carefully inspecting the card reader. He pulls a few tools out of the pouches on his belt, and carefully goes about breaking the lock.
Narrator
 GM, 29 posts
Fri 31 May 2013
at 20:14
Re: The Smuggler's Star
"So what're you bothering us for? Employee entrance is over there," the human replies to Marius, lazily half-extending a finger in the general direction of the alcove in which Grick-Pur-Yi is busy picking this lock.
Marius Hackett
 player, 20 posts
Sat 1 Jun 2013
at 20:19
Re: The Smuggler's Star
'Well, this ain't exactly the type of place where you get ahead without friends now, is it? My partner here and I were wondering if you knew of any jobs on the side, and if there's any room for a couple'a techs.'
Narrator
 GM, 30 posts
Sun 2 Jun 2013
at 20:13
Re: The Smuggler's Star
"Nope," replies the tall human. "Didn't you say you already had work? Checking on the electricity or something?" he says, frowning at Marius.
Marius Hackett
 player, 21 posts
Mon 3 Jun 2013
at 22:23
Re: The Smuggler's Star
Marius nods, 'Sure, for a few hours maybe, but that doesn't bring in a lot of creds, know what I mean?'
Narrator
 GM, 31 posts
Tue 4 Jun 2013
at 00:16
Re: The Smuggler's Star
"Right." There's an uncomfortable silence as the human rubs his forefinger on his thumbs, looks down the street, and then back at Marius. "I don't know anything about one, though. I'm usually on the lookout for rougher work," he says, with a nasty smile.

Vakin smiles back at him equally nastily, but the human doesn't seem to notice.
Marius Hackett
 player, 22 posts
Sun 21 Jul 2013
at 19:54
Re: The Smuggler's Star
Marius nods, still affable, 'I copy. We all gotta look out for number one, right? By the way, you know a good place to get a drink? Don't really want to pay good creds for bad swill.'
Narrator
 GM, 32 posts
Sun 21 Jul 2013
at 20:03
Re: The Smuggler's Star
The guard smiles. "Heh, 'course. Tawny's. Down the street a building and up two levels." He gestures lazily with his head. "If'er not too pah-ticular about your company, you can try Gharr's just over there, but even I think some'a the crowd around there's messed up." He laughs a little too hard at his own joke. After a few seconds, he shrugs and adds, "Casino bar isn't bad, but it's a bit pricey, and you'd need to change out of those clothes."
Marius Hackett
 player, 23 posts
Fri 26 Jul 2013
at 23:42
Re: The Smuggler's Star
Hackett nods, 'Thanks. Well, much as I'd like to keep talking I should probably get to work before I get chewed out. Or disintegrated.' Assuming no other impediment, Hackett steps over toward the door to check on the Jawa's progress.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:30, Sat 27 July 2013.

Narrator
 GM, 33 posts
Sat 27 Jul 2013
at 03:06
Re: The Smuggler's Star
Grick-Pur-Yi and Jergan are standing furtively in the doorway. Jergan furiously motions the two humans to come inside as the Jawa opens the door. "Come on!"
Marius Hackett
 player, 24 posts
Sun 28 Jul 2013
at 03:23
Re: The Smuggler's Star
Marius and Grick step in.
Narrator
 GM, 34 posts
Sun 28 Jul 2013
at 14:08
Re: The Smuggler's Star
As the humans file in the doorway, Jergan whispers, "I managed to set the security camera to display a pre-recorded loop. They'll notice it eventually, but hopefully not before we're gone."

The back service area of the first floor is dingy, poorly lit, and filthy. A few flickering glowlamps trickle meager streams of light onto the floor, illuminating scattered piles of boxes, crates, and loose tools. In the back corners sit two huge dumpsters. Apparently some of the cooking and cleaning staff are nevertheless capable of missing targets so massive, and garbage covers the floor and walls around the dumpsters. A few haggard-looking humans, a Klatooinian, and a Rodian trod slowly around the area, performing their duties.

You see three possible routes for getting to your objective. On either side of the room, two stairwells stand about halfway along the wall. The center of the room is dominated by a massive service turbolift.
Marius Hackett
 player, 25 posts
Thu 29 Aug 2013
at 16:13
Re: The Smuggler's Star
Marius leads the way, trying to keep his head down and going straight to the turbolift. He plans to take this with the rest of the group to level 3, then have the scouting team (Marius and Vakin) lead the way up the stairs with the others trailing about 10 feet back until they actually reach the computer level, where they will go into single file (Marius followed by Vakin, Jergan, Grick), keeping about an arm's length between each of them.
Narrator
 GM, 35 posts
Thu 29 Aug 2013
at 17:13
Re: The Smuggler's Star
The turbolift slowly and painfully ascends the two floors to the main third floor of the casino. Upon arrival, the four misfits find themselves arriving just outside the kitchen, which assaults them with a bewildering array of scents. Some are pleasant, some decidedly less so. Nevertheless, there's a clear path through a maintenance corridor to reach the stairs to the fourth and fifth levels. The group draws little attention until Marius tries to lead the group up the stairs. A burly human with a blaster carbine slung across his back appears, seemingly out of nowhere, and stops the pilot's progress with an outstretched palm. "Whoa there, buddy. Where the hell do you think you're going?"
Narrator
 GM, 36 posts
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 03:15
Re: The Smuggler's Star
After Marius bluffed his way past the bouncer, the group made its way to the fifth floor. After reconnoitering the area, the group settled on a plan of action. Kalnas disabled the lights in the rest of the casino and flooded the bouncers' commlinks with static and noise, while Drell and Hackett attacked the guards stationed outside the security room from two sides. While Hackett was wounded, Drell killed one guard with a devastating shot to the head and then incapacitated the other.

The Jawa's mouse droid locked one of the doors leading into the fifth floor administrative area from the lounge while Grick Pur-Yi himself disabled the lock on the blast door leading into the security room.

As the mouse droid was about to lock the other door into the casino, a bouncer stepped through but was shot dead by Drell and Kalnas before he could react to their presence. The mouse droid then locked the door, and the misfits suffered no outside interference from this point on.

As Grick Pur-Yi opened the door, he spotted a security guard at the rear of the security room. In order to coordinate an effective entry, the Jawa stacked up with Drell and Kalnas. Upon reopening the door, Drell clipped the guard's shoulder while Grick Pur-Yi disabled the guard with a well-placed blaster carbine shot set to stun.

Kalnas easily extracted the data, and the team exfiltrated without incident, though the night rang with blaster fire as they left. Nar Shaddaa was true to its nature that night.

The party finds itself fleeing through an alleyway, data in hand, with Hackett running awkwardly due to his wound.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:35, Sat 25 Apr 2015.