E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone.   Posted by DainXB - GM.Group: 0
Todd
 player, 112 posts
 Determination: 3
Mon 20 May 2013
at 07:25
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
Todd kicks and punches the tuna out of the way. The experience isn't pleasant, and his foul mood becomes fouler.

His hand gets tangled in something. An impatient yank rips out a 10 meter stretch of netting with a bit of panelling dangling from the end.

That's when he spies the drones heading inland. He squints, whips the netting around his head three times before hurling it at the closest drone.

[Binding attack 6: Co-ordination 6 + Roll -2 = 4.]
Ty'daal
 player, 88 posts
 Stamina: 7/12
 Determination: 1/4
Mon 20 May 2013
at 15:30
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
Through the mental link between them, Ty'daal picks up that Amm-Fibian is in definite danger. He casts a respectful nod to Time Keeper, "I don't know what just happened, but I believe you did me a great service, you have my thanks, human."

With that he sheds his arctic gear while running towards the closest access to the water and dives off, zooming downwards at the mecha-squid attacking the mini-sub.

(11:33, Today: Ty'daal rolled 4,3 using d6,d6 with rolls of 4,3. Torpedo Mecha-Squid. Total: +4 (Bashing attack, if hit Strength 8.)

This message was last edited by the player at 15:34, Mon 20 May 2013.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 246 posts
Wed 22 May 2013
at 02:01
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
Todd:
The drone you're not aiming at pops air-brakes and falls slightly behind it's brother, then blasts the paneling at the leading end of your net cast to splinters! Without it's weight, your throw falls short. You realize that these things coordinate with one another! They do have a central control system, it's just not the mecha-train like Angelfish thought...

Ty'daal:
The quickest way down is through the hole Todd made when he came up. Contact with the water is refreshing, if a bit brisk. It's literally less than a degree above freezing. You slice through the gelid sea, a few tuna following in your wake, and impact against the mecha-squid's blind side, just past the bulging root of it's tentacle cluster. Ice-cold armor plate shatters at your fists impact! The tentacles lash convulsively once, then float limp as the mecha-squid rolls belly-up and begins to sink. Once more, you have the experience of being inside a mecha-squid; once more, it's a mecha-squid on its way to the bottom!
[OOC: Gain 1 Determination for the Temporary Challenge Sinking Like A Stone. Or spend 1 to buy out of it, of course. :)]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 138 posts
 Currently - Fishman
 Determination: 3
Wed 22 May 2013
at 02:14
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
Ian eases the sub's throttle and turns away from the ramming course he had plotted.
He follows the descending squid, hoping for signs of Ty'daal...
Angelfish
 player, 79 posts
Wed 22 May 2013
at 19:40
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
From the corner of her eye, Angelfish sees Time Keeper tackle Ty'daal, and shakes her head slightly - she feels like she's missed something...

Closer at hand, dripping wet and wearing a truly thunderous expression (not to mention the frozen tuna), T.O.D.D. flings an improvised net at one of the drones, only to have it blown apart by the other!

Crap!  Now they're protecting each other?!  Got to take these S.O.B.s out!

She takes careful aim at the trailing drone and fires!

(OOC: 14:36, Today: Angelfish rolled 6,4 using d6,d6. FIRE!!!

6 - 4 = +2 + 4(Blast Device)= +6)

DainXB - GM
 GM, 247 posts
Wed 22 May 2013
at 22:41
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
Angelfish:
[OOC: Actually, you're testing Coordination. The Blast value is the damage it does if it hits--which it does.]

The trailing drone is struck dead-center by the missile and explodes, showering a wide patch of ice with tiny bits of debris! It's companion puts on even more speed, climbing hard and heading inland. From it's actions, you'd think it was running scared... but running to where?

Ty'daal:
You're recent dehydration left you a little light-headed; now you're in total darkness, caught in the tangled wreckage of the spinning, sinking hulk. You're no longer sure which direction is up, but you can feel the pressure on you increasing second by second!
[OOC: You're aquatic, so you can take a lot of pressure. If you don't get free of the wreck, you'll probably freeze to death before you're crushed. :)]

Ian:
Your sensors show the crippled mecha-squid sinking quickly, it's slack tentacles causing it to spin in an unbalanced fashion. You spot a thin stream of bubbles coming from a rent in the machine's side. Ty'daal is aquatic, but unlike you he also breathes air--that could be the last bit of air being squeezed from his lung-chambers by the increasing depth...
Amm-Fibian
 player, 139 posts
 Currently - Fishman
 Determination: 3
Wed 22 May 2013
at 23:01
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
"By the Great White Whale!"
Ian pulls the sub up to the squid and attaches the grasping claw to one of the squids tentacles. He then ejects towards the hole in the squid, hoping to find and free Ty'daal, or at least get sight of him...

OOC: Amm-Fibian rolled 1,6 using d6,d6 ((1,6))
-5, Coordination 4 (or would it be Aquatic 2?)
Total -1    :O
Well, Ian is no action hero...

This message was last edited by the player at 23:01, Wed 22 May 2013.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 248 posts
Wed 22 May 2013
at 23:14
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
Ian:
[OOC: Actually, if you're searching for him inside the wreckage, that's Awareness--which nets you a total of 0 with your roll, and a Moderate Success.]
Following the stream of bubbles into the icy wreck, you catch sight of the disoriented Ty'daal, struggling against the broken hydraulics that once ran the mecha-squid's tentacle-cluster but now flop loosely, hampering movement and leaking noxious fluids into the icy water.

Ty'daal:
Now that Ian is present to help you recover your orientation, it's just a matter of using your strength to break free from the entanglement...

Meanwhile, topside:
[Nereid is up!]
Ty'daal
 player, 91 posts
 Stamina: 7/12
 Determination: 1/4
Thu 23 May 2013
at 00:21
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
Ty'daal shouts at Amm-Fibian over the telepathic link, "Get out of here! I'll not see both of us die!" He grabs hold of the broken machinery trapping him in place and his muscles strain as he tries to tear himself free.

(20:19, Today: Ty'daal rolled 2,4 using d6,d6 with rolls of 2,4. Strength Check (+8). So +6 total.)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 249 posts
Fri 24 May 2013
at 03:54
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
Ty'daal:
You rip free of the broken pistons and rods, causing more of the foul-tasting hydraulic fluid to leak into the water. With a powerful kick you tear the open side of the mecha-squid wide, allowing both you and Amm-Fib'ian to swim free!
Amm-Fibian
 player, 140 posts
 Currently - Fishman
 Determination: 3
Fri 24 May 2013
at 04:16
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
Ian swims back up into the mini-sub and unlatches the claw from the mecha squid.
Ty'daal
 player, 92 posts
 Stamina: 7/12
 Determination: 1/4
Fri 24 May 2013
at 13:18
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
Ty'daal turns to watch the mecha-squid sink into the depths then grabs onto the mini-sub, appreciative of the warmth that that the engine releases into the other wise near freezing water.
Time Keeper
 player, 61 posts
Fri 24 May 2013
at 13:20
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
Time Keeper watched Ty"daal jump into the water and realising he would be of no use to them in that environment headed back towards their own vessel hoping that the battle beneath the ice was going well for his companions
Nereid
 player, 75 posts
 Determination:03
 Stamina 2/8
Fri 24 May 2013
at 19:42
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
In reply to Time Keeper (msg # 95):

Nereid locks her eyes on the drone that appears to be running away and tries not to lose it.


OOC: Using Awareness 6.

If the drone is fleeing I want to have an idea where it flees to  (depending on roll)

If the drone is coming back, maybe my action can help someone intercept the attack.

Now, if you need to roll this in secret let me know, so I don't hold things up too much I'll include a roll


15:42, Today: Nereid rolled 2,1 using d6,d6 with rolls of 2,1. I see you.

7 if using my roll, otherwise ?????

DainXB - GM
 GM, 250 posts
Sat 25 May 2013
at 01:35
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
Nereid:
It's headed inland, toward the actual shore of Antarctica. If you're remembering the labels right on the map Dr. Ishida showed you all, it's headed for the region called Marie Byrd Land--a rugged, glacier-covered piece of the continent that isn't even claimed by any nation, let alone occupied by one.

Except for the ocean floor, it's probably the least explored part of the planet. Anything could be out there...
Nereid
 player, 76 posts
 Determination:03
 Stamina 2/8
Mon 27 May 2013
at 17:12
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 97):

Well folks it went thata way... Only into a desolate part of the earth that is mostly unexplored....our life is never dull
Amm-Fibian
 player, 141 posts
 Currently - Fishman
 Determination: 3
Mon 27 May 2013
at 21:12
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
Surfacing in the mini-sub and attaching to the Ship via grabber claw, Ian listens to Nereid.

"Angelfish, did I hear you mention spare suits? I may need to transform one for my own use now."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 251 posts
Tue 28 May 2013
at 05:36
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
In reply to Amm-Fibian (msg # 99):

Dr. Ishida's "voice" comes over the Nereid-link. "I wouldn't have come all this way without a backup for Angela if her gear became damaged. The Mark Six rebreather is in the aft storage locker."
[OOC: Translation: Feel free to Invent what you need out of spare stuff lying around. :)]
Time Keeper
 player, 62 posts
Tue 28 May 2013
at 12:32
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
"As I'm the fastest here shall I go ahead and see where it goes I can drop out of the time stream at intervals and report back telepathically if your range can cover the distance" offered time keeper
Todd
 player, 115 posts
 Determination: 3
Tue 28 May 2013
at 12:54
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
An extremely grumpy Todd finally drags himself back to the mini-sub.

"Warm clothes, hot coffee, now."
Amm-Fibian
 player, 142 posts
 Currently - Fishman
 Determination: 3
Wed 29 May 2013
at 01:52
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
OOC: Okay, I'm using determination for a Major Success. I don't know the difficulty but here's the roll and total...
 Amm-Fibian rolled 4,6 using d6,d6 ((4,6))
-2, Int +9, Total +7


Ian begins work on an Amphibian Suit MKIV...
Angelfish
 player, 80 posts
Thu 30 May 2013
at 21:29
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
{I think Todd's got the right idea...  Get a good meal in us, and make a plan before we go racing into the lion's den!}

Angelfish will head back to the Kyomi Maru as well.

{Any one up for tuna steaks}:)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 252 posts
Thu 30 May 2013
at 22:35
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
Angelfish:
[OOC: :ahem: I'm assuming you're ready to duck whatever Todd throws at you when he hears you mention tuna steaks.]

Ian:
[OOC: Your Determined Effort costs you 2 Determination, but you have a Major Success!]
In short order, you've refitted Angelfish's old rebreather to pump seawater instead of perfluorocarbon. Beefing up the aerators to transfer oxygen from air-to-water instead of water-to-perfluorocarbon means you have an annoyingly-loud fan noise coming from the backpack portion of the device--but it works.

Time Keeper:
You're miles away before the suggestion to eat and plan is made. The ice-pack is solid under your feet, but you have to be careful not to throw up a "rooster-tail" of snow and ice as you run.

You keep the drone in sight until it drops toward the ground on the far side of a ridge. As you crest the ridge, you see something extraordinary: Penguins! Thousands of them, nesting in a secluded valley. The drone flew into what appears to be a cave-mouth at the far side of the valley. A mecha-train similar to the one you just fought is parked nearby.

But none of that, extraordinary as it is, compares to the strange structures poking out of the ice-locked valley floor! They appear to be made of greenish metal, constructed in a style unlike anything you've seen before.

Ian:
As Time Keeper shares his visual impression of the valley with the team, you nearly drop your tools in shock. You recognize the buildings--they're structures built in the style of your people!
[OOC: Tell us what they look like. :)]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 143 posts
 Currently - Fishman
 Determination: 1
Fri 31 May 2013
at 00:49
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
The buildings are all a greenish hue, built in a style resembling ancient Greece, but with a smoother style. Also like ancient Greece or Rome, statues decorate buildings and outdoor areas. A huge carved figure, half man, half whale, stands in the central courtyard. The other statues are beings resembling Amm-Fibian. There are also decorations of giant seahorses pulling chariots, Shark gargoyles around building tops, and beautiful mermaids.

Above the roar of his new landsuit, Ian exclaims,
"By the Great White Whale... that is my home!"
DainXB - GM
 GM, 254 posts
Sat 1 Jun 2013
at 21:08
Re: E2S7 - The Ross Ice Shelf - Everyone
[OOC: I'm starting two new scenes; one for Time Keeper, since he's separated, and one for the rest of you.]