E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal.   Posted by DainXB - GM.Group: 0
DainXB - GM
 GM, 702 posts
Mon 7 Apr 2014
at 17:22
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Ty'daal:
The shark you're holding has been through a lot of sudden accelerations and decelerations; it's dazed and disoriented. Despite the bitter metallic taste of dolphin blood in the water, the shark you swung your "weapon" at attacks you with methodical precision.

[OOC: Defend against it's Prowess of 5.]

You're new to this world, but you've learned a lot about it's sea-life. These sharks are not acting like normal tiger sharks; they're cooperating during a hunt, they're immune to the effects of blood-frenzy... Something about this is very wrong.

Angelfish:
[OOC: You do 4 Stamina to the shark from the Strength of your tackle.]
You've attracted it's attention, alright! It twists in the water, trying to clamp it's powerful jaws around one of your legs!
[OOC: Defend against it's Prowess of 5.]

The defender makes a high-pitched sound that abruptly cuts off--you're too busy to realize that it just went above your hearing range. The waveform display on your forearm shows a much longer "speech". :pain/hurt : anger/UNT : UNT/crazy(?) : UNT/evil(?) : shark/enemy : (self-identifier?)/UNT : kill/end (conditional modifier?)/UNT:

He "backflips" in the water, trailing blood, and slams his tail-flukes hard into the shark that bit him!
Ty'daal
 player, 191 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 4/4
Fri 11 Apr 2014
at 04:46
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Ty'daal extends his hand creating a vortex of swirling water which carries the shark one way while he dodges to the other.

(00:44, Today: Ty'daal rolled 4,6 using d6,d6 with rolls of 4,6. Defend (+8). Total: +6)
Angelfish
 player, 152 posts
Sat 12 Apr 2014
at 03:11
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Gettin' just a little too crowded here!

With the Defender and the attacking sharks all close at hand, Angelfish is starting to feel a little cramped in her fighting style.  She tucks-and-rolls hard to evade the sharks jaws...

(OOC: 21:56, Today: Angelfish rolled 2,5 using d6,d6. Dive!
-3 + 6 (coordination)+2 (acrobatics) = +5)

DainXB - GM
 GM, 712 posts
Sat 12 Apr 2014
at 05:14
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Angelfish:
[OOC: You take 2 Stamina from the Graze, but your suit's Armor absorbs it, so you're OK.]

Ty'daal:
You slide through the dark water effortlessly, avoiding your foe's teeth.

The dolphin defender rolls in the water, still trailing pink streamers of blood, and uses your vortex to gain velocity! He bashes his forehead against the belly of the shark caught in the twisting water. The tiger shark doesn't seem injured, but the hit was obviously painful--it swims powerfully, getting some distance from both you and the dolphin!

"Chee-chee-chee-chee aaaawwwk!" :swim/flee : UNT/UNT : false/wrong : shark/enemy : away/distance(?) : UNT/(emphatic modifier?):

Everyone:
The two remaining sharks, one injured and swimming only with difficulty, join their leader. All three swim quickly away on a Northerly heading.

The defender swims in a tight circle around the two of you with his jaws slightly parted showing rows of fine teeth. Ignoring his injury, he brushes lightly against both of you. "Squaaa-aaa-aaaack!" :(self identifier)/I : UNT/thank(?): split/tail : (plural?)/(multiple?) : swimmers/divers : aid/help : strong(?)/(emphatic modifier):
Angelfish
 player, 153 posts
Mon 14 Apr 2014
at 04:39
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Angelfish grins with sheer delight, pleased as always to be near one of these amazing beings...  She gently strokes his side, careful to avoid the injured fin.

With an mental sigh, she forces herself back to more serious matters.

R FRIEND THINKS SHARKS ACTING RONG  NOT NORML  I AGREE

I THINK HE WANTS US 2 HELP  FIND SHARKS  FIND OUT WHAT MAKES THEM ACT THIS WAY

She types cautiously, wanting to convey the message to Ty'daal, but unwilling to suggest actually hunting the sharks down and killing them. If the Defender feels that's what he must do to protect his pod... well, she literally can't stop him.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 714 posts
Thu 17 Apr 2014
at 20:58
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
The defender backflips in the water, vocalizing a long "sentence" as he eyeballs Ty'daal. "Sqaaa-aa-aa-a-a-a-aaaack-k-k!"
:enemies/sharks : act/behave : false/wrong : guard/patrol : strange/alien : UNT/(impossible?) : land/island : UNT/float(?) : (emphatic)/(exclamation) : UNT/float(?): UNT/(disbelief?) :
Ty'daal
 player, 193 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 4/4
Thu 17 Apr 2014
at 23:30
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Ty'daal nods, then responds, "I think we should track these sharks. Their behavior was not normal, if we must intervene by destroying them if their behavior is not correctable so be it. They will do far more damage to the local sea life than if they are allowed to continue."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 715 posts
Fri 18 Apr 2014
at 00:02
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
The defender swims a quick circle around Ty'daal. "Chi-chi-chi-k-k-k! Pth-fzzzz!"

Angelfish's waveform translator does it's best with the verbaliziation. : strange/alien : UNT/(impossible?) : UNT/floating : land/island : member/belong : pod/(species?) : you/yours : (query modifier?)/UNT :
Angelfish
 player, 156 posts
Fri 18 Apr 2014
at 04:01
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Is it possible that Defender understands us?

Angelfish smiles briefly at both of the aquatic beings, then turns serious.

WE R AGREED

And hopefully we won't have to destroy the sharks...


Angelfish changes a setting and sends the next text to Ishida on the Kyomi Maru*

Returning the setting to broadcast, she pats the dolphin's side lightly and points to the north where the sharks fled

U LEAD  WE FOLLOW



*SHARKS ACT STRANGE  NEED 2 FOLLOW  FIND OUT Y

SHARKS HEADED N  U FOLLOW US

DainXB - GM
 GM, 716 posts
Fri 18 Apr 2014
at 21:23
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Meanwhile:
Aboard the Kiyomi Maru, Dr. Ishida sets the throttles to cruising speed; the vessel was designed (in part) to be able to easily pace swimming dolphins. The radar display shows nothing ahead for miles.

He lights a cigarette as he reviews the records of Angela's translation program, snorting with laughter at the part where the dolphin taunted the sharks with the equivalent of "Bite me!" and trying to puzzle out the later utterances. Maybe this dolphin's vocalization style has been contaminated by contact with humans... It was sheer bravado on his part, of course; tiger sharks wouldn't understand delphinese vocalizations in any case.

He hits the transmit key on the hydrophone. "Ishida to Angelfish; I think your shark-baiting friend down there has had contact with humans before! I'm going to adjust a few of the translation parameters to try to account for that."

He re-runs the translation of the last vocalization, as a test. : strange : impossible : floating : island : belong : your : species : ? : Floating island?!?
DainXB - GM
 GM, 730 posts
Sun 27 Apr 2014
at 00:50
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Angelfish, Ty'daal:
Dawn breaks over the Pacific--though even at the shallow depth you're swimming, it's hard to tell thanks to the heavy fog that blankets the ocean's surface.

Your cetacean friend appears to be frustrated; his course tacks back and forth, wider and wider, as if he's looking for something he can't find.

Dr. Ishida's voice over the Kiyomi Maru's hydrophones sounds tense as he reports. "Radar is showing a landmass two points off the port bow, nine klicks out! Depth below keel is nearly five thousand meters; no seamount breaks the surface around here..."
Ty'daal
 player, 195 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 4/4
Sun 27 Apr 2014
at 01:06
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
"Well, it seems our path is decided," the warrior says, then dives downwards and towards the object Ishida described.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 731 posts
Sun 27 Apr 2014
at 05:21
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Ty'daal:
Approaching the coordinates Ishida-san indicated, the first thing you notice is a change in the flavor/scent of the water. The salinity is less, the tang of disolved minerals different. The tranistion is abrupt, as if you were suddenly swimming in a different ocean.

Dr. Ishida's instruments are correct in regard to the seafloor; it's undulations do not come closer than five thousand meters of the surface. Yet, ahead and above you lies the craggy underside of a rocky island floating in the sea.

Floating. In. The. Sea.

[Splash Page: Ty'daal floating, jaw-dropped, tiny in the shadow of the vast and scientifically-impossible island.]
Angelfish
 player, 157 posts
Fri 2 May 2014
at 03:46
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Despite the serious reason for their travel, Angelfish finds herself enjoying the swim, racing along with the Defender and Ty'daal almost feels like something out of an adventure novel... almost.

quote:
"Radar is showing a landmass two points off the port bow, nine klicks out! Depth below keel is nearly five thousand meters; no seamount breaks the surface around here..."

The distortions caused by the hydrophones and her fluid-filled helmet can't disguise the tension in Ishida-san's voice.

The Defender seems agitated as well, searching...  And when Ty'daal speeds off toward Ishida's coordinates, Angelfish hits the jets as well.

A shadow in the water causes her to slow.  Surely there aren't enough of those sharks...   The thought trails off as the shadow resolves into an image... an absolutely impossible image...

floating island belong your species  Angelfish stares, stunned, as the Defender's vocalizations come back to her...  A floating island...  it's not possible!  It's just not possible...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 740 posts
Fri 2 May 2014
at 21:11
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Angelfish, Ty'daal:
As you approach the underside of the floating island, your shark-baiting companion vocalizes again. : floating/swimming : island : dangerous/risky : close/approach : He somersaults in the water. : problem/hazard : small/minor : UNT/except : island : swims/travels :

He changes course, swimming around rather than toward the island. Unfortunately, your approach has already triggered something... Tendrils of a milky mist-like foam curl down from the surface of the ocean into the water around the island. You can see dark, rounded shapes splashing into the water, as if creatures on the beach were diving into the surf; dozens of them.

They thrash and struggle, like quadrupeds trying to swim and doing a poor job of it--then there's a shimmer in the water and they're sharks! Big ones, and headed in a wedge toward you!
Angelfish
 player, 158 posts
Fri 9 May 2014
at 04:42
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Okaay... two impossible things and breakfast is nowhere in sight... Pretty sure these things are not on the endangered species list... pretty sure they're not on any list!

Angelfish checks her weapons and allows herself to drift a bit, and types a quick message to Ty'daal.

FITE 2GETHER R SPLIT SHARKS UP
Ty'daal
 player, 196 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 4/4
Fri 9 May 2014
at 04:48
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Ty'daal responds, "Together, we stand a better chance if we can keep them from attacking us from every angle. I'm hoping fighting won't be the only thing they understand."

With that said, he calls out, "We do not seek a fight, if you will talk. If you will not, ones side will not see the next tide."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 747 posts
Sat 10 May 2014
at 21:01
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Angelfish, Ty'daal:
You hear a woman's voice--whether carried to you by the water or inside your heads, you can't tell. "Strong words from mortals who dare approach the sanctum of the Sorceress Supreme! If you wish conversation, approach me with proper deference! Uninvited guests--particularly brash and self-important 'heroes'--receive no welcome on Aeaea!" The voice, a strong contralto, is diamond-hard. "My servants are easily replaced, but they are mine nonetheless! Interfere with them again at your peril!"

At the edge of the floating island's shore, near what might be a tangle of nets and wreckage trailing in the water, you see a flash of metalic bronze as if something had just been dipped into the sea. From that point, a sudden ripple surges through the water around you, and echoing with it come the words "Επιστροφή από όπου ήρθατε! The temperature (and to Ty'daal, the flavor) of the water changes instantaneously. So does the seafloor below you! The floating island is... gone! Instead, you're near a coral reef that rises toward the shore of an island--a real island.

Your dolphin companion is spinning slowly on his axis, squeaking well into the hypersonic. : dizzy/disoriented : echo/sense : where/UNT : UNT/(expletive?) : self-location : 

Ishida-san's voice comes from the research vessel's hydrophones. "I assume I'm not the only one who heard that voice? GPS says we are now five kilometers south-southwest of Nimitz Bay. Fascinating." He seems completely calm for someone who's just been teleported as if by magic.
Ty'daal
 player, 197 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 4/4
Sat 10 May 2014
at 21:11
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
"Champion, do you and your companion have recordings of where that 'island' was? I do not take kindly to being brushed aside so- especially with such blatant use of advanced technology. We should assemble the others and go on the offensive against this 'sorceress' least she continue to terrorize more beings like our friend," he finished looking at the dolphin.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:34, Sun 11 May 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 748 posts
Sun 11 May 2014
at 01:11
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Ty'daal:
[OOC: Gain 1 Determination for "Allows no Insult"!]
Your shark-baiting friend responds first, with a complicated series of skreeks and clicks. : floating island : swims/moves : similar/like : UNT/UNT : split-tail/human(?) : boat/ship : never : single/lone : position/coordinates : His last vocalization comes out as a kind of extended "Pthhh-ththth-thhhh!"

Ishida-san is on the hydrophones seconds later. "Ty'daal, Angelfish; you may want to come aboard. I've just received a call from Amm-Fib'ian! If his surmises are correct, Akamai City may soon come under attack!"
Ty'daal
 player, 198 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 5/4
Sun 11 May 2014
at 01:38
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Looking over to Angelfish, Ty'daal nods and accelerates upwards, towards the surface before leaping out of the water to land on the deck.

"Is it this sorceress?," the warrior asked the scientist.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 749 posts
Sun 11 May 2014
at 05:05
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Ty'daal:
Dr. Ishida looks back over his shoulder. "I don't think so. Amm-Fib'ian said that he and the MIB are dealing with a rogue scientist nicknamed the Tinker. He thinks that the Tinker has a miniaturized army, and plans for some sort of attack on either the MIB headquarters building, or maybe the whole city."

[OOC: Up to now, you and Angelfish have been working the "B plot" for this issue--it'll become the "A-plot" soon enough. Especially since Ty'daal now has a reason to get his aquatic dander up about the Sorceress Supreme dissing him. :)]
Ty'daal
 player, 199 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 5/4
Sun 11 May 2014
at 06:43
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Ty'daal shakes his head, "Very well, but I will expect their help in locating this island after this 'Tinker' is crushed."

"Champion, please ask our friend if he will be able to locate his people or if he needs our help. If so he can follow us, after the city is defended we can lead him back to the reef where we met,
" Ty'daal spoke after walking over to the hydrophone.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:46, Sun 11 May 2014.

Angelfish
 player, 159 posts
Mon 12 May 2014
at 03:48
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
Like the Defender, Angelfish feels dizzy and disoriented by... well, by everything that's just happened.  It sure doesn't seem to have affected Ty'daal the same way!  Or maybe the Last Warrior is just too damn stoic to allow himself to show any sort of weakness...


Climbing on-board, she removes her helmet, so much easier to just talk after all!

"I'm hoping he can find his way home... Not really up to 'Conversational Delphenese' just yet."

Angelfish consults her wrist unit again.  "That last vocalization seemed to suggest that the island moves.  Like a ship, never in the same place...   Even with the coordinates", she glances at Ishida and receives a nod of confirmation, "I 'm not sure we'll be able to find it again."

She sighs deeply, "Somehow, I don't don't think we need to worry about finding her... I'm guessing she'll find us..."

Stripping off the rest of the MkVII, Angela heads below deck.  "If we're going to save Akami City, I need breakfast.  And coffee...  lots and lots of coffee..."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 751 posts
Mon 12 May 2014
at 23:03
Re: E4S2 - West of Kailua Kona - Angelfish, Ty'daal
[OOC: Continue in E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ.]

[OOC: Note that the thread title there is a bit deceptive; the action has moved to the shore of Nimitz Bay, several blocks away from MIB HQ--but I expect it will drift back fairly soon. :)]