E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - T, A, I.   Posted by DainXB - GM.Group: 0
Ty'daal
 player, 213 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 6/4
Sun 29 Jun 2014
at 20:44
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal sprints towards the tank, leaps on top, and grabs hold of either side of the missile rack. His knuckles turning white with effort, he rips the weapon off the top sending a torrent of sparks crackling out of the now destroyed wiring.

(16:42, Today: Ty'daal rolled 4,4 using d6,d6 with rolls of 4,4. Rip off missiles (+8). Total: +8)
Angelfish
 player, 170 posts
Mon 30 Jun 2014
at 03:43
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
quote:
Oh that's an easy one! I was thinking that Ishida could help with the current city under attack situation, plus I can't drive a vehicle... Well not within human laws anyway. I was also thinking that it's too bad our new dolphin friend couldn't join us, but he's not entirely comfortable in his land legs yet. Oh, and I was thinking...


Angelfish shakes her head slowly... {That's not...  Nevermind, just...  just make sure nothing happens to him, Ian.  He's not supposed to be in these situations...  He's supposed to be safe...}

Angelfish climbs to her feet, and takes one more deep "breath" to clear her head.  She has enough to worry about without her boyfriend being so close to the fighting...  Right now, she needs to knock out that tank...

(OOC: 22:41, Today: Angelfish rolled 4,4 using d6,d6. Blow up the tank!
0 + 6 (coordination) = 6)


She aims and fires...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 833 posts
Tue 1 Jul 2014
at 16:17
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal:
You rip the missile rack free, shattering the pebble-surfaced armor plate beneath it--which immediately begins to dissolve, crumbling away like a sand castle on a beach. You drop to the pavement, holding the slightly-twisted six-tube launcher in your webbed hands. You can hear clicks and hisses from within...

[OOC: Gain 1 Determination from the temporary challenge "Ignition Sequence Start"!]

That's not your only problem: Just before TechKnight got shot down, he said something about two more VTOLs inbound... There they are, right on schedule--coming up Māka'ikiu Avenue low and fast!

Angelfish:
The spiral contrails of your missiles zero in on the tank, and fireballs bloom! As the flare dies down, you see that once again they've failed to penetrate the things armor--and just ahead of the behemoth you spot Ishida-san and Ian, struggling to outrun it!

[OOC: Gain 1 Determination; Ishida-san is in danger!]

[OOC: Additionally; the tank's armor is 5, your missiles do 4 damage. You'll need to get creative with a stunt of some kind in order to do permanent damage.]

Ian:
The last cyber-tank, blinded by the repeated hits of Angelfish's barrage, barrels forward crushing the cars you and Dr. Ishida were hiding behind. For a chain-smoker, Ishida-san is quite a sprinter; or perhaps it is merely the human "adrenaline reaction" you hear so much about in this line of work. He's made it to his miniature vehicle, and is desperately trying to start the engine!

Your new land-suit isn't as hampering as your first one--but it's still not easy to do the thing humans call "running".

[OOC: Test Coordination vs a Difficulty of 4. Being run down by a 140 ton tank is bad.]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 344 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Wed 2 Jul 2014
at 03:02
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
OOC: Amm-Fibian rolled 6,6 using d6,d6 ((6,6)).
0 + 4 = 4


Amm-Fibian runs as best he can for the car, while counting down in his head the seconds till he figures the psychic bio-wave will hit.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 839 posts
Sat 5 Jul 2014
at 17:25
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian:
You make it to Ishida's convertible just as he gets the engine started. The shadow of the cyber-tank looms above you. You've been counting the seconds since Nereid went "off the air" to concentrate on Brain Coral. Given the kaiju's (presumed) dormant state, and the diffuse nature of it's neural network, you estimate three seconds until it's psychic response.

3...

[OOC: Angelfish & Ty'daal are up, in any order.]
Ty'daal
 player, 214 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Sat 5 Jul 2014
at 17:59
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Thinking quickly, Ty'daal drops to the ground, bracing the missile pod aiming it at the VTOLs like some ancient, primitive Hwacha he had read about on the human 'internet' when he had been studying the history of warfare on this world.

(13:51, Today: Ty'daal rolled 6,2 using d6,d6 with rolls of 6,2. Coordination(+4) Make-Shift Rocket Launcher (Spending determination since this is a one-time thing). Total: +8)
Angelfish
 player, 172 posts
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 02:17
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Damn, damn, damn!!!  All I need is one good sharp hit...  not enough juice...


The irony of needing more fire power is not lost on Angelfish - and the sight of her friend and her lover trying desperatly to out-pace the tank that she has been unable to kill is enought to stop her heart!


Think dammit! Think!!!  Can't hit it hard enough...  Maybe I can make it hit something else?!

Calculating angles feverishly in her head, Angelfish drops to one knee, aiming the missle launcher not at the tank, but under it!

If I hit it just so...  Hopefully, it'll flip over - or at least vear off course!


(OOC: 21:14, Today: Angelfish rolled 2,4 using d6,d6. Apply explosive leverage!
-2 + 6 (coordination) +1 (determination - Ishida-san is in Danger!)= +5)

DainXB - GM
 GM, 840 posts
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 04:52
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal:
The missile pod fires--and the back-blast is a ferocious wave of heat! The last of your water-shield boils, but the missiles lock onto the nearest moving targets.

Hwacha!

The blast shatters more windows--and obliterates the VTOLs!

2...

Angelfish:
Your missiles fire, streaking out only inches above the asphalt, and detonate beneath the rear hull of the tank! One set of treads is already elevated, grinding a parked car into a steel-and-fiberglass pancake. It's enough! The blast vents beneath the raised treads, lifting them further... The rear hull of the tank tips, grinding along the pavement on it's flank armor! The forward treads shred pavement as they attempt to haul the dead weight--but Ishida-san's agile little roadster zips ahead of the war machine and into the clear!

[OOC: You create the temporary challenge for the tank "Jackknifed".]

1...

Ian:
Accelleration presses you into the car's seat cushions as Dr. Ishida slams the pedal to the floorboard! By your mental calculations, Brain Coral's instinctive defense response should be happening...

...Now!

The ground lifts under you--under everyone in the entire city, in fact! The air itself clamps around you like a vice. It's instantaneous, but intense; you feel the impact not only on, but within your body! Objects in motion take the worst effects of the telekinetic shock-wave, but even stationary city structures are affected. Glass shatters, cinder-block walls crack; Every car alarm in Akamai City goes off at once! The Tinker's "expanded" vehicles, specifically vulnerable to high-intensity impact, all shatter into dust!

Ishida-san barely keeps control of his car as the pavement leaps underneath you! Seeing that there isn't an out-of-control cyber-tank on his tail, he skids the vehicle to a stop.

Everyone:
As the dust settles, the honking of a thousand car alarms almost drowns out the faint sound of a loudspeaker. "Attention, citizens of Aumakua Island; Akamai City is now under martial law! Remain in your homes! Remain in your homes and you will not be harmed!"

[OOC: You can all act, in any order.]
Ty'daal
 player, 215 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 06:30
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal stands to his full height, looks about the street, and casually tosses the missile launcher to the ground.

'This is Ty'daal, the enemy forces appear to be destroyed. I am returning to the ocean,' he thinks over the link.

With that he turns and moves back towards the waiting embrace of the cool sea water.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:30, Fri 11 July 2014.

Amm-Fibian
 player, 346 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 10:59
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"Well, that was all relatively simple. Do you suppose we are still allowed to buy one of those sandwiches with the two all beef patties while under martial law? I found them repulsive at first, but now I find them rather tasty."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:03, Fri 11 July 2014.

Angelfish
 player, 173 posts
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 02:55
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
The tank tips and then jack-knifes - stranded on it's front tracks!  Just beyond, Angelfish can see Ishida's convertable racing away.  She grins and punches the air, elated...

 YES!!!


...and drops her arm just as quickly to stabilize herself as the ground bucks and heaves!

Looks like Nereid got through to the Brain Kaiju...

All around, alarms begin to blare and faintly through the noise and her own fluid-filled helmet, she hears a tinny voice.  Concentrating hard, she is able to make out part of the message.

"...ttention... Akam...Cit... martial...aw...main... homes..."

Martial law?  That can't be right... 

Nearby, she sees Ty'daal casually toss aside a chunk of the tank he was wrestling with.  His watery armor is gone now...  And then she realizes that he is heading toward the beach...

Gonna need his help!  Nereid's link is still down - hope she's O.K.

Frantically, Angelfish begins typing.

WARRIOR  WAR NOT OVER  STIL N M E 2 FITE  NEED UR HELP
Ty'daal
 player, 217 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 03:00
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal stops, looking about almost in a sarcastic manner, then replies "I see no enemy, and I have been long from the sea, soon your atmosphere will begin to affect my physiology."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 03:01, Sat 12 July 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 845 posts
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 21:28
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian:
Ishida-san turns to you. "That announcement! I don't think the city government is putting us under marial law because of the emergency; I think martial law is the emergency." He puts the convertible into reverse, and floors the pedal once again, backing through tank-dust toward Angelfish at breakneck speed. "If the Tinker is trying to become the new government of Akamai City, what does he plan to do with the old government?"

Angelfish:
Ishida's midlife-crisis-mobile squeals to a stop next to you. "Contact Nereid! I know what the Tinker is up to! Mayor Arakawa is in danger!"
Amm-Fibian
 player, 348 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 20:44
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Amm-Fibian watches the golden arches of a McDonald's from the car and sighs...

"With his Martial crippled, how can Tinker hope to uphold Law? But, if time is indeed of the essence, then Timekeeper is who we need."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:21, Mon 14 July 2014.

Nereid
 player, 237 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 22:02
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
In reply to Amm-Fibian (msg # 145):

Nereid fires up the telepathic link

Hey , sorry to check out...I am more than a little wiped out...so anyone else got a visual on that VTOL? Even better a plan to knock it down?
Angelfish
 player, 176 posts
Wed 16 Jul 2014
at 20:50
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty

Angelfish is beginning to feel a little dizzy from the swift changes in her world...

A vacation, that's what we need...  weren't we trying to "get away from it all", oh, about a hundred years ago?

None-the-less, she grins at Ishida with relief, and returns her focus to the matter at hand.

{Nereid!  I've got Ishida and Ian here with me.  Ty'daal is retiring from the field, apparently.  The "martial law" announcement is coming from a VTOL?  Nothing flying here...  Ishida-san thinks The Tinker is going after the mayor.  Does anyone know where he is?  Do we have anyone near his office or his home?}
Amm-Fibian
 player, 351 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Wed 16 Jul 2014
at 21:40
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"Well, if this were my home city, the mayor would be in his giant clamshell home, or the giant nautilus shell town chambers building. Let's go to whatever equivalent you have here.
Also, if we could find a broadcast system to counteract the Tinker's broadcasts, that would be swell."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:00, Wed 16 July 2014.

Time Keeper
 player, 226 posts
Wed 16 Jul 2014
at 21:50
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Time keeper connects to nereid's mind  ~the mayors in trouble at his residence I'm heading over there now get the team over there as soon as I might need back up~

OOC: cross thread post :)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 851 posts
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 02:33
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian, Angelfish:
Ishida-san says "City Hall is in the Grove, but the Mayor's Residence isn't far from here. Get in!" Then he realized that Ian is already in the roadster's single passenger seat. "Er... climb on!"

Ty'daal:
You are definitely beginning to feel the effects of dehydration. The sea is calling you... But there are fire hydrants close by, and they're fragile by your standards; it's fresh water, but it might do in an emergency...

[OOC: Your choice; gain 1 Determination for "Dehydration", and begin losing Strength; or commit an act of vandalism in order to keep going a while longer.]
Ty'daal
 player, 220 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 02:48
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Sighing, Ty'daal stomps over to a fire hydrant and kicks it free of its mount to the sidewalk and lets the water wash over him. The chemically processed water is somewhat irritating to him mentally, but he absorbs it into his cells before forming another 'suit' of water over his skin.

Turning, he walks over to Angelfish and asks, "Very well, champion, where are we needed?"

(I'll take the offer of water, do I need to pay a determination for that, or just not gain one?)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 854 posts
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 03:08
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal:
[OOC: You don't gain a Determination... yet. It's anyone's guess what those water-softeners and de-salination chemicals will do to you... 3:)

What I really need here is a smiley with horns...
Edited to include smiley with horns.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:12, Fri 18 July 2014.

Nereid
 player, 243 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 20:11
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 152):

Time Keeper:
Time keeper connects to nereid's mind  ~the mayors in trouble at his residence I'm heading over there now get the team over there as soon as I might need back up~



So team...you "heard" the man.
Angelfish
 player, 180 posts
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 04:58
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish climbs gingerly up onto the rear deck of the little convertible, and tries to find a handhold.

This would be a lot easier if Dexie were configured as the hatchback...



{Well, Warrior, you can hop on or you can just run along side} She grins impudently at Ty'daal.

{Just take it easy kyoushi, I'm pretty sure Dexie here can take the strain, but I'm not sure I can hang on!}


(OOC: I figure a car like this needs a name.  In the real world, it's the Daihatsu D-X (or D-Cross), so... Dexie.  It's supposed to be a "Transformer-like" vehicle, with different body panels used to make it into a roadster, a hatchback, even a van...  Whether Ishida-san likes to idea of Angela naming his car is up to Dain.)
Ty'daal
 player, 223 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 12:12
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"I have it covered, champion," Ty'daal replies, gesturing and forming a slide from water pouring out of the hydrant and beginning to 'surf' along it following the car.

(I imagine it being transportation like classic Iceman did, especially as seen in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 862 posts
Fri 25 Jul 2014
at 00:17
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish, Ian, Ty'daal:
[Continue in thread E4S9 - Mayor's Residence.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:48, Fri 29 Aug 2014.