E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - T, A, I.   Posted by DainXB - GM.Group: 0
DainXB - GM
 GM, 637 posts
Sat 8 Mar 2014
at 02:52
E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Detective Jones holds the parking garage elevator doors for you as you clump along in your slightly-ungainly "land suit". Dr. Ishida would barely recognize what you've turned the de-commissioned Mark 6 Angelfish suit into.

"That Coast Guard Captain is going to call my boss pretty soon; I guarantee it. You're famous enough that he'll be able to put two-and-two together. Which makes today 'take your superhero to work day' for me." He grouses.

Further down the line, a team of black-suited MIB agents is gathered in front of a freight elevator. MAKO, in heavy chromium shackles, steps out of the back of an ACPD van under heavy guard, and shuffles toward the thick doors.

Nate notices you looking. "He'll be in the Tank until the Feds come for him. His gear was stolen from the Navy, and the stuff he's done with it... it'll take 'em two days just to read out the charges at his trial." He makes his joke, but then he frowns and changes the subject.

"When you meet the Director, try not to act too... alien. I mean, don't try to act like you're not alien, just... don't be yourself, OK?"
Amm-Fibian
 player, 288 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Sat 8 Mar 2014
at 08:33
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Amm-Fibian smiles at Jones through the water in the helmet.
"Detective, I excel at not being myself."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 640 posts
Sat 8 Mar 2014
at 10:22
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Nate does a double-take, unsure of whether that was a joke or... "Right." He inserts a keycard into a slot, then presses the button for the 40th floor. "Don't be anybody else, either; not here. Director Winkler wouldn't find that amusing."

Inside the suit, you're immune to the change in air pressure, but you can see Detective Jones working his jaw to relieve the discomfort of the high-speed ascent. In seconds, you've arrived. The top floor of the MIB building is a study in white plastic and chrome. Thick glass doors etched with the circular bureau logo part ahead of you as you exit the elevator lobby. A curved hallway circles the entire building, tastefully decorated with framed photographs of a previous generation of bureau notables.

Director Winkler's office is a broad arc, split-level, with floor-to-ceiling tinted windows overlooking the lights of downtown Akamai City. A black-suited assistant leads you both into the office and announces you. She seems utterly unperturbed at your appearance. "Senior Detective Jones and his CA to see you, sir."

The Director is a small-framed human male of advanced age, with a shock of white hair combed back from his high forehead. His eyes are bright and pale blue. "Make yourselves comfortable." He says, not rising from the chair behind his desk. "You've had a busy day, Detective. Can either of you provide any justification for your actions, or should I just have you both locked in a cell and throw away the key?"
Amm-Fibian
 player, 289 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Sat 8 Mar 2014
at 11:59
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
"The justification is Justice. The sea is under attack with criminal intent. The villains of Amphora could not be allowed to commit crime against the sea and it's denizen without punishment. How would that look to the kingdoms below?"
Amm-Fib'ian looks through the various items on the directors desk with interest.
"Perhaps some of the participants took to military action, but I assure you Director, the Detective and I simply investigated, and, finding evidence, made arrests."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:01, Sat 08 Mar 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 641 posts
Sat 8 Mar 2014
at 22:30
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Ian:
Director Winkler nods. "You did manage to capture MAKO--a wanted fugitive. The US Navy will want him back, or at least his gear." He adjusts the angle of the pens in his marble desk-set, thinking. The pens are an old-fashioned touch on a thoroughly modern computerized surface. Given the touch-sensitive nature of that surface, there's very little clutter on the desk; a silver sculpture reminiscent of both a rocket and an airplane sits on one corner, arcing above a circular baseplate. On the other side is a dark mahogany wood box with a brass gauge set into the front, beneath the latch.

The Director continues. "Investigation, as you pointed out, is the key. It's what we do here. What we don't do, gentlemen, is go haring off without solid leads and solid fieldwork." He pauses, then addresses Nate directly. "Nevertheless, results are results. Hmmph. Jones, you've never had the reputation of being a loose cannon before--don't let your civilian associates lead you into bad habits."

He leans toward you. "Mister... Amm-Fib'ian; you've been very helpful to the Bureau in the past. Jones' reports have indicated that your skills as a detective and as a scientist are extraordinary. Perhaps you could be of further assistance, if you're willing..."
Amm-Fibian
 player, 290 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Sun 9 Mar 2014
at 00:50
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
"Well, I don't like to brag, Director, but I am The Seas Greatest Detective. What do you need assistance with?"
Amm-Fibian shows barely contained interest in the wooden box while speaking to the Director.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 647 posts
Sun 9 Mar 2014
at 22:51
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Director Winker pushes his chair back. What you had taken to be a metal bracelet or perhaps a wristwatch on his right wrist extends a slender silver rod, which he uses as a cane to help him achieve a standing posture.

"This goes back a few years. I don't suppose you've ever heard of Dr. Vernon Toomey? He was a brilliant scientist, a polymath; he made singular advancements in rocketry, solar power, theoretical physics, and several other fields." Winkler walks slowly ahead of you as he talks, leading the way to the elevators. "This information is Level 6 clearance. By day Dr. Toomey was a Nobel laureate; by night he was a super-criminal. We code-named him 'The Tinker'. The Tinker was responsible for a number of high-tech thefts and the disappearance of several prototype vehicles and aircraft. He always seemed to be one step ahead of the law."

A brief, ear-popping descent in the elevator leaves you on a floor with no marked number. Black-suited agents stand guard in front of a sliding door marked "Laboratory" and "Restricted: Level 8". Inside, lab-coated technicians with clipboards and tablet computers are monitoring... something. "When the Bureau finally cracked the Tinker's secret identity, and were finally closing in on his hidden lab... Well, take a look:" Director Winkler leads you to a glass viewing-port into a sealed laboratory. Inside is a huge machine. Four curving arms rise from a flat square platform marked with a square grid. Each supports a downward-pointing beam emitter of some kind. To one side is an elevated platform with a curving control console.

"As our Agents burst into his secret lab, they spotted Toomey standing on the control platform, there--wearing a parachute strapped over his lab coat! He hit the activation switch, jumped onto the machine's grid and vanished into thin air! The machine immediately shut down. Despite being disassembled piece by piece and reassembled here, our scientists haven't been able to figure out what it does--or what it did." Winkler looks at the machine, but you can tell by his unfocussed eyes that he's looking into his own memories. "Toomey hasn't been seen since. But two weeks ago, the machine activated itself. We have no idea how, or why."

Amm-Fibian
 player, 291 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 04:14
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Amm-Fib'ian raises his hand towards his chin, but it is stopped by the bubble glass of the helmet.
"Are you looking for an analysis... Or an expedition?"
DainXB - GM
 GM, 655 posts
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 03:22
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Director Winkler looks sour. "Analysis, please. You can tell by now, I hope, that I'm not a fan of precipitous, unplanned action..."

He introduces you to Dr. Rafael Tavaros Medrado, a dark-complected human in a lab coat, who offers to shake hands with both you and Senior Detective Jones. "The machine has been a fixture here for five years; we examined it closely when it arrived, but..." Dr. Medrado frowns. "Either it's a truly elaborate hoax, or it functions on principles currently unknown to science. It appears to have no power supply, no external power connectors, no 'crypto-Tesla' wireless power receiver, nothing. We left it alone, just another locked-up historical mystery... until it activated itself."

He taps a keyboard, and a data display appears near the edge of the viewing window into the sealed lab. "Note that there is a slight increase in ionizing radiation inside the chamber. Note also that the atmospheric pressure has dropped to a bit over half normal. We thought that was quite strange. The lab is sealed, so we activated the air-circulation and filtration system; we can temporarily increase the pressure in there, but it rapidly reduces to just over one-half an atmosphere. We don't know where the air is going..."
Amm-Fibian
 player, 292 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 3
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 06:04
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Amm-Fibian moves around, looking closely at the device whiled listening to Dr. Rafael Tavaros Medrado speaking.


OOC: I'm trying to understand the device.
Amm-Fibian rolled 3,4 using d6,d6. Investigate device.
Int +9, Investigate +2, Dice -1 = Total 10

DainXB - GM
 GM, 659 posts
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 23:46
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Ian:
From the structure of the machine, you can tell that the four cylindrical "emitters" are aimed toward the central gridded platform. Rings around the emitters are changing color slowly, two shifting from from red to green and back, two shifting from blue to orange and back. That might imply that the "emitters" are emitting different energies... Either way, it implies that there's a power feed coming from somewhere.

The reduced air pressure in the chamber won't make any difference to you in your land-suit. Perhaps getting a better look at the controls for the device might provide you with more information...
Amm-Fibian
 player, 293 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 3
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 00:33
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Amm-Fibian examines the controls, and also the technology in general, trying to get a feel for how it works, and also if the tech is recognizable. This Tinkerer must have based his tech on something...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 664 posts
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 22:29
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Ian:
Detective Jones, Dr. Medrado, and the Director observe from behind the glass as you cycle the airlock and enter the sealed chamber. Mounting the platform, you can feel a faint vibaration coming up through the soles of your land-suit's boots. The control panel is covered in lights, dials, and switches--none of them labeled. Then again, the control panel on your T.U.N.A. isn't labeled either. Inventors already know how to operate their inventions, after all...

The panel is broken down into five segments, four identical across the top, each with a slider and a series of buttons and dials. The meters all read two percent. The sliders appear to be only a fraction of the way from the left side of their slots. They obviously correlate to the four emitters looming above you and aimed down at the grid below. The fifth segment of the panel, the entire bottom half, is focused around a large red button in it's center. Flanking that are controls that would not be out of place on a radio telescope, or an electron microscope. Some aspect of the machine requires adjustments of extremely-high precision.

The vibration of the machine is strongest on the side of the control platform nearest the main grid... Dr. Medrado said that the enclosed volume beneath the grid was empty, but suddenly you have your doubts.

There's an access panel into that volume on the side of the machine facing the viewing window. It only takes you a moment to unfasten the closure clips. Inside, you find what appears to be an unlicensed nuclear accellerator; sufficient power to do whatever it is that the machine does.

Dr. Medrado's intercom-voice sounds strange in the thin air. "That wasn't there before! That space has been empty for years!"
Amm-Fibian
 player, 294 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 3
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 01:35
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
"Who has access to this room? And do we have video surveillance?"

Amm-Fib'ian desperately tries to ignore the desire to fire up the device.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 666 posts
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 03:50
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
The faint and oddly-pitched voice of Dr. Medrado replies. "We maintain continuous video surveillance; the data is rewritten every thirty days, but the coverage of our initial reassembly of the machine is preserved as well." You can see him through the glass, accessing the lab computers. "There's been no access to this room for over two years, apart from airlock maintenance last week. We replaced the gasket-seals because of the pressure differential. We thought there might have been a leak."
Amm-Fibian
 player, 295 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 3
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 20:59
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
OOC: Can I make a roll to put together all the info I have gained so far?
DainXB - GM
 GM, 668 posts
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 00:41
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
[OOC: Sure! Test Intellect against a Difficulty of 9 (the Tinker's Intellect).]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 296 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 3
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 00:45
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
OOC: I'm AFB right now Dain, but I want to spend to get at least a moderate success, tagging Seas Greatest Detective!
Amm-Fibian rolled 5,4 using d6,d6 ((5,4))
1 + 9 = 10 (+2 if Investigate comes into it)

DainXB - GM
 GM, 670 posts
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 23:10
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
[OOC: It only costs you 1 Determination to get a Moderate Success.]

Dr. Medrado adjusts a control, and the on-window video display shifts to show a close-up zoom labeled GASKET SECTION 300X ZOOM. "The door seals were all intact--and the plastic is self-sealing, so they should have remained intact--all except for this area along the door-to-floor seal."

400X ZOOM

500X ZOOM

600X ZOOM


The hole in the gasket is almost perfectly rectangular, and surrounded by discoloration indicating high temperatures. A faint tracery of metallic gridwork is visible lining it's interior surfaces. If this wasn't a view through a microscope, you would surmise that it was some sort of man-made tunnel, complete with reinforced scaffolding to prevent collapse.

Suddenly you realize what the machine does, and where the missing air went. It's not missing; it didn't go anywhere because it's still right here, just reduced in size! Dr. Toomey invented a shrinking ray! His parachute jump into the converged beams put him just above the focal point--the machine's own power supply!
Amm-Fibian
 player, 297 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 2
Fri 21 Mar 2014
at 01:34
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
"Alright Gentlemen, I think it's time I tried this machine out."
Amm-Fibian thinks for a moment.
"But perhaps I should get some muscle to go with me."

OOC: Does Ian think he could reverse the machine to grow whatever was shrunken?

This message was last edited by the player at 01:35, Fri 21 Mar 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 676 posts
Sat 22 Mar 2014
at 04:18
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
The machine appears to impart a "dimensional compression" energy to it's targets. That energy may wear off after a certain point--which could explain why the nuclear accelerator suddenly re-appeared.

You're certain that you could invert the process and expand shrunken items. With some redesign work, you could probably extend that to expand things that are normally small.

Detective Jones taps on the glass to get your attention, and waves a folder full of papers. "Ian! I've been looking through Toomey's case files. He stole a couple of 'black project' vehicle prototypes, back in the day... An experimental v-tol aircraft, some sort of articulated combat vehicle being developed for the army... and get this; something called an 'auto-fabricating industrial pantograph'. Whatever that is." 
Amm-Fibian
 player, 298 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 2
Sat 22 Mar 2014
at 04:33
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
"So he's copying something. He probably shrank the vehicles. That means he has mobility... I'm going to need a workshop."
Amm-Fibian exits the chamber.
"And also, lets get in touch with Ishida-san. I'll go over all my findings with him so far."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 684 posts
Thu 27 Mar 2014
at 22:47
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Ian:
A bit later, in the main lab area, you connect via video-conference with Dr. Ishida, and explain what you've discovered.

"Incredible!" Ishida-san stubs out his cigarette and looks to one side, obviosly consulting another screen. "The Tinker has had three years and access to auto-fabrication technology that whole time? He could have a fleet of vehicles by now--assuming he has access to raw materials to feed the pantograph..."
Amm-Fibian
 player, 299 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 2
Fri 28 Mar 2014
at 07:12
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
"My thoughts exactly. A miniaturized army is probably awaiting de-miniaturization. You don't have any items that would be able to find him by chance? Otherwise I shall have to begin creating something from scratch."
Amm-Fibian tries to rub his chin, but bumps the glass helmet again.
"Unless I go to his level, and have a look around. I would need a craft of some kind of course."

This message was last edited by the player at 07:13, Fri 28 Mar 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 688 posts
Fri 28 Mar 2014
at 23:57
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Ishida-san squints at the monitors surrounding him. "Ian, you may not have much time! The machine, if it works like you described, must put a... call it a 'compression charge'... on it's targets. When the charge wore off, the nuclear power supply returned to full size. But the high density of it's uranium core may have higher resistance to compression than other materials; the charge on the Tinker, and whatever else he miniaturized, may wear off very soon!"
Amm-Fibian
 player, 300 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 2
Sat 29 Mar 2014
at 02:46
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
"I'm on the case Ishida-san."
Amm-Fibian cuts off the communication and heads to the machine, thinking about grabbing the T.U.N.A., but opting against it. He enters the chamber, and prepares for activation.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 691 posts
Sun 30 Mar 2014
at 22:06
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
As you're adjusting the controls on the platform, the containment room's airlock cycles. Detective Jones enters, wearing a respirator. His voice is muffled as he mounts the platform. "Director Winkler would skin me alive if I let you do this without an Agency escort. You don't even carry a gun."

Above you, the emitters strobe through their color-changes. You're... reasonably sure... of the settings you've entered.

[OOC: What duration of "compression charge" do you want to set? Three years might be excessive... Assuming that the controls were left as the Tinker set them, you can dial it back to as little as five minutes.]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 301 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 2
Mon 31 Mar 2014
at 20:49
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
OOC: Let's go with 1 day!
DainXB - GM
 GM, 695 posts
Wed 2 Apr 2014
at 06:29
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Ian:
You set the controls, and press the activation button! Lacking parachutes, you have to climb down onto the main stage of the machine.

It takes only a couple of seconds, but by the time you reach the platform the handrail seems to be as big around as a sewer pipe, and the steps are more like terraces. Above you, the four emitters strobe through their color-cycles, and grow farther and farther away...

"If we're supposed to be at the center of this grid, we'd better run now--otherwise it's gonna be miles away!" Detective Jones yells, and breaks into a sprint.

[OOC: Test Coordination against a Difficulty of 4 to keep up!]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 302 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 2
Wed 2 Apr 2014
at 11:10
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
OOC: I'm AFB and don't remember how challenges work. Would I be able to use "Looks like a fishman" to fail and get some Determination?
Just in case the answer is no, here is a roll too, to keep things moving:
Amm-Fibian rolled 4,2 using d6,d6, so 2 + 4 coord = 6
DainXB - GM
 GM, 696 posts
Thu 3 Apr 2014
at 22:38
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Ian:
[OOC: Interpreting it broadly as, say, Fish out of Water... sure. Gain 1 Determination for the self-compel!]

Your heavy land-suit isn't really suited to running--nor are your Aquan reflexes; walking is wierd enough for you, running is entirely foreign to your experience as a near-weightless swimmer. As a result, Detective Jones and everything else receeds from you as you shrink.

"Dammit!" the Detective says, puffing and putting his head near his knees as he comes back to where you're stumping along. "So much for that idea..." He gulps air and looks around as you walk. "I can't even see the emitter-things up there any more. Whoah!"

Detective Jones draws up short at the edge of a broad gash in the smooth, flat surface you're walking across. You realize that it's one of the grooves gridding the platform, now the width of a street compared to your current size!

Closely examining the groove, which stretches to the visual horizon in both direcions, you see that there's an irregularity along the near edge, a few minute's walk away from your current position. It looks like a ramp along the edge of the groove, leading to the bottom of the cut.

"This guy really thinks ahead..." the Detective grumbles.
Amm-Fibian
 player, 303 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 3
Thu 3 Apr 2014
at 23:25
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
"We had better get a move on Detective, time is of the essence."
Amm-Fibian begins the trek down the ramp, hoping for some sign of where to begin the search.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 698 posts
Fri 4 Apr 2014
at 04:18
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Ian:
By the time you and Detective Jones reach the bottom of the ramp, your miniaturization is complete. The groove seems as wide to you as a broad city avenue, and the top of the machine's deck is five stories above your heads. Other ramps are visible in the distance, providing access top-to-bottom in many locations.

To all appearances, you're standing in a kind of ultra-uniform steel city whose "buildings" are miles square. Detective Jones keeps craning his neck, looking up at the now-blue "sky" above you. "Can't see the ceiling at all any more..."

As you continue to walk down the avenue-groove, you come to an intersection where two of the grooves cross at a ninety-degree angle. You look left, toward the center of the gridded deck--and you see a doorway in the wall of the adjacent "building"; one big enough to pass two semi trucks abreast, if they were shrunk to your scale!
Amm-Fibian
 player, 304 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 3
Fri 4 Apr 2014
at 11:29
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
"Okay Detective, stay back and cover me. I'm going in."
Ian walks up and into the doorway.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 700 posts
Sat 5 Apr 2014
at 06:04
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Ian:
The space inside is vast; you suspect that the relative hardness of the steel at this scale allows for enormous unsupported spaces; after all, at full size that ceiling above you is only a foot square and a quarter-inch thick.

The space is empty--but it doesn't look like it's always been empty. The steel floor is marked with dark abrasions in parallel lines. Fainter abrasions curve away at intervals... Something heavy ground away at this floor, probably dozens of somethings, each with broad bearing surfaces padded with hard black rubber. The size of the marks and the spacing of the gap between them match the treads on the plans you glanced at for the prototype tank Dr. Toomey stole.
Amm-Fibian
 player, 305 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 3
Sat 5 Apr 2014
at 09:18
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Amm-Fibian calls out to Detective Jones.
"Looks like we are late to the party. This way Detective."
Amm-Fibian follows the tank tracks...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 701 posts
Mon 7 Apr 2014
at 16:58
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Ian:
The tank treads lead to an adjacent block identical to the first, only this one is anything but empty; it contains the stolen pantograph; the whole block is an elaborate automated factory.

You spend the next couple of hours examining it's workings. A laser scanning grid, x-rays, millimeter-wavelength radar, and other sensors examine something on the input end, then computers process the data and drive robotic manufacturing systems that reconfigure to reproduce whatever was scanned. It's a 3D printer for anything inorganic, as long as it has the appropriate raw materials to work with.

"So where did he get the raw materials? The Bureau's records of Toomey's crimes didn't include stealing a trainload of... well, a trainload of anything." Detective Jones looks both amazed and puzzled. "And it would take a trainload of steel to make enough tanks to fill that parking lot next door..." You can tell he's avoiding asking out loud the other question that must be on his mind; where are those tanks now?
Amm-Fibian
 player, 306 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 3
Mon 7 Apr 2014
at 21:05
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
OOC: Would Ian be able to assume that the materials were probably mined in small size?
Does Ian think anything else can be gained from here, or does the trail of the missing tanks seem to end here?

DainXB - GM
 GM, 704 posts
Thu 10 Apr 2014
at 21:49
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Ian:
While Toomey could have used the small-scale steel from hollowing out the platform's grid-blocks, he would still have needed a few other materials... That might be one reason for the carefully-cut opening in the door seals; he could have been "acquiring" small-scale raw materials from within the MIB's labs!

As you further explore the central grid-blocks, you discover another enormous chamber--one without tread-marks on the floor. A hangar for experimental VTOLs, perhaps? More alarming is what appears to be a barracks in an adjacent block; Toomey seems to have miniaturized a sizeable force of human agents...

"Whoever they are, they're long gone; there's not a sign of anyone still living in these barracks." Detective Jones scowls. "Toomey thinks ahead, that's for sure. Three years of planning and preparation for... what? Whatever it is, it's going to be bad."

[OOC: Thorough exploration of the grid-blocks probably took you eight hours. You'll remain miniaturized for a while longer. You could try to find the way the Tinker's army left the platform, or you could examine the rest of the machine. What's your plan?]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 307 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 3
Fri 11 Apr 2014
at 02:14
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
OOC: I'll try to find the way they left. (Also pick up any extra super intelligent detective clues I can about Toomey.)
Amm-Fibian rolled 4,4 using d6,d6. So 0 + 9 Int + 2 Investigate = 11

DainXB - GM
 GM, 708 posts
Fri 11 Apr 2014
at 04:12
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Ian:
It's quite a hike to the edge of the platform, and the long ramp down one of the diagonal trusses all the way to the floor, but it gives you time to think.

Toomey's plans here are beginning to make a kind of sense. A miniaturized training ground and manufacturing facility within the very walls of the MIB headquarters! He must have known that the MIB would sieze his device and attempt to analyze it. He was counting on it being what your human friends would refer to as a "trojan horse".

Nate points out one detail that you haven't got an explanation for. "If he wants to attack the MIB building, he can't use full-size tanks and aircraft inside! He's got to be planning more than that..."

Your trip down the truss-ramp gives you a lovely view of the gigantic power unit that drives the machine. There's a tiny opening in the base of the machine's frame--to you it's as wide as a four-lane highway. On the floor of the room tiny dust particles roll like tumbleweeds, stirred by the ventilation system.

Your "compression charge" starts to wear off as you cross the vast floor of the laboratory, heading to the towering pressure door. You're no more than a meter high when lights begin to flash and sirens begin to sound!
Amm-Fibian
 player, 308 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 3
Sat 12 Apr 2014
at 21:24
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
"Sounds like trouble Detective! I think we are about to get some more clues to Toomey's plans. Lead the way!"
Amm-fibian will follow Nate, but be on the lookout for some sort of monitoring device or console, and also some way to contact the other heroes if help is needed.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 717 posts
Sat 19 Apr 2014
at 04:42
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Ian:
As you cycle the airlock back into the main lab, Dr. Medrado--half a meter taller than you--is shouting. "...under attack! Activate the emergency doors!"

Heavy steel shutters start dropping across the lab entrance doors. On monitor screens you can see a jumble of images from security cameras within the building; MIB agents running, civilian staff moving in an orderly way toward (presumably) safe zones.

Director Winkler's face appears on one monitor. "Attention all personnel! This facility is under attack by paramilitary forces. Enemy combatants are inside the building! I repeat; enemy combatants are inside the building! Consider no area to be secure at this time."
Amm-Fibian
 player, 310 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 3
Sat 19 Apr 2014
at 11:13
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Calmly Ian looks around and then raises an arm and opens his mouth to speak. He lowers his arm and thinks a moment more, then raises his arm again to get the Detectives attention.
"Detective, I'm thinking that the computer system that codes all this shrinking and growing must have the data of all the targets affected so far. If I can access this, and perhaps rewire the device to transmit through the security systems in this building... Yes, I believe we should be able to shrink this army back down to size."

OOC: Does that sound Silver Age reasonable? Lacking the rest of the Fantastic Four type team, I'll have to Reed Richards this on my own.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 723 posts
Sun 20 Apr 2014
at 05:18
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Ian:
Dr. Medrado hears your question. "Do you think you can redesign the device that quickly? You'll need cables... a multiprocessor link..." He beckons to a couple of the other scientists to assist you. They begin dragging over the necessary hardware.

Detective Jones attempts to aid the defense, but the entire lab floor is sealed by the building security protocols. He stares at the video surveillance, which shows paramilitary-looking troops in blue armor engaging in small groups with MIB agents on several different floors. "Looks like we've lost control of everything below the eleventh floor!" He paces in frustration, then spots an external video feed. "Damn it! It's not just this building--the whole city is under attack!" He grabs his phone, attempting to contact the ACPD to alert...

[OOC: Your ingenious plan will be a two-stage process: First, test Intellect vs Toomey's Intellect of 9 to get a computer link to his device. After that, you can attempt to link the emitters to the building's security system.]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 311 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 3
Mon 21 Apr 2014
at 04:02
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Amm-Fibian begins connecting cables and booting up PC's, while typing awkwardly on keyboards with his aqua-suit. Time and again he wishes he were under the sea.
"By the Great White Whale! Time is of the essence..."

OOC:Amm-Fibian rolled 2,3 using d6,d6. Int vs Toomey w/ Determination.
So -1 + 9 = 8, but I used Determination! (Tagging "By the Great White Whale!")

DainXB - GM
 GM, 725 posts
Tue 22 Apr 2014
at 16:29
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
[OOC: 1 point of Determination gets you to a Moderate Success.]

The MIB central computer system is a lot more sophisticated than some corporate PC network, though it lacks the subtle utility of Aquan computational technology. Still, you can work with this... after all, the central computer and Toomey's device were both built by humans; they can't be that different, comparatively.

"Ian, I hate to interrupt, but we may have a problem." Detective Jones says, pointing to one of the video feeds. A squad of blue-armored paramilitaries are in the hallway directly outside the lab's blast doors. They have what appear to be breaching charges...

The lab computer screens light with your data feed. Nineteen sets of data for XM-90 AGCV main battle tanks. One set of distinctly different data for an XM-90 AGCV. Nineteen sets of data for VTOL aircraft, and again, one set of distinctly different data for a VTOL aircraft. Finally, fifty-one distinct data sets for similar-but-individually-unique organic subjects.

Dr. Medrado looks up from his workstation. "I've coded in my access to the security system, it's ready for you. Reverse-coupling the camera's digital receptors as emitters will fry them all; we'll only get one shot at this--and even if it works, afterward we'll be blind inside the building."

[OOC: Phase two! Test Intellect vs Difficulty 9 to link the device's emitter output to the building's security system.]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 312 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 2
Tue 22 Apr 2014
at 23:08
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Amm-fibian closes his eyes and sees the layout of the electronics like a crime scene... now the trick is to put all the pieces together.

OOC: This dice roller REALLY hates me.
Amm-Fibian rolled 1,5 using d6,d6. Determination Int Check.
I used Determination again and have 2 points left.
My roll gives me a -4 + 9 = 5, Tagging Seas Greatest Detective.
If the Determination I have isn't enough, could I tag Weakness to Sonar for another one, saying that the electronics will emit a sonar-like blast in my water suit when activated?

DainXB - GM
 GM, 728 posts
Fri 25 Apr 2014
at 01:25
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Ian:
[OOC: Ooof! 2 Determination gets you +4, which gets you a Moderate Success. That leaves you at 0 Determination, but trust me, it'll only be temporary...]

Seeing the layout of the circuitry and programming as a crime scene... Seeing the video feeds from inside the MIB building, which at present is a crime scene, with the crime still in progress... Serious firefights in the stairwells between the twelfth and fourteenth floors (why do humans skip the perfectly utilitarian number "thirteen"), a team of Toomey's mercenaries affixing breeching charges to the security doors for the laboratory you're in...

The emitters on the device, festooned with the cables you and the scientists have added, are strobing through their color-changes, faster and faster!

Reconfiguring charge-coupled optic sensors in the security cameras to emit the Tinker's "compression rays" is only possible via the utilization of high-frequency harmonic transference. You're certain that there will be side-effects; you're less certain as to what they might be...

Dr. Medrado sees your gloved hand holding the cables for the final connecton. "Ready to void some warranties?" he asks, inanely.

You make the connection. Harmonic energies surge through the entire building! Sympathetic vibrations cause the countertops to rattle. The sound gets louder; painfully loud, in fact.

Two of the scientists in the lab with you grab their jaws as the fillings in their teeth begin to heat up. Every fish tank, video monitor, camera lens, and window in the building shatters explosively from the monstrous sonic feedback! Just before the monitors fail, you're almost sure that you see the colored strobing of the "compression ray" on every shot that shows a mercenary. Almost sure...

The silence afterward is profound; either that, or you're profoundly deafened. Detective Jones' mouth is moving, but you can't hear anything. You can't see him clearly either, because of the spiderweb of cracks across the bubble helmet of your landsuit, each one dribbling a stream of precious life-giving water...

[OOC: Gain 1 Determination for Weakness to Sonar. See how generous I am? :)]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 313 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 1
Sat 26 Apr 2014
at 20:39
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian
Amm-Fibian says, or at least attempts to say, "You better take over now Detective. I suggest whatever industrial vacuum cleaners you use for this place normally. That should get most of them, I'm sure you are all quite capable..."
He stumbles and falls to one knee, then sinks to the floor...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 737 posts
Thu 1 May 2014
at 21:28
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
Time Keeper:
Racing through the streets of Akamai City, you spot several clusters of armored vehicles and VTOLs; some engaged with ACPD units, some besieging government buildings. A pair of futuristic tanks and two more VTOLs are blasting away at the MIB headquarters building, but at the speed you're travelling, the only way they'd be able to hit you is by pure mischance.

[OOC: Test Coordination against a Difficulty of 4 to get up the building and inside without getting caught in the crossfire. (Which does 5 Stamina on a hit.)]

Ian:
You're marginally aware of Detective Jones attempting to drag your heavy land-suit toward the elevator, leaving a trail of seawater soaking into the carpet behind you. The muffled sound of Nate's voice comes to you, mixed with distant and possibly imaginary explosions; but you're too dazed to be able to interpret the Detective's words.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:35, Thu 01 May 2014.

Time Keeper
 player, 190 posts
Fri 2 May 2014
at 07:51
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
OOC: 08:48, Today: Time Keeper rolled 4 using 2d6-7. coordination roll (6). total 10

Time Keeper makes time do his bidding not only does it push him up the vertical surface of the building it warns him of incoming fire before it actually happens and he easily dodges the damaging bolts.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 739 posts
Fri 2 May 2014
at 20:51
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
Time Keeper:
As you arrive in the 16th floor labs--access is simple, since all the windows are shattered--Detective Jones shouts to you. "Time Keeper! Thank God! Ian's suit is leaking; he needs to be submerged in seawater fast!"

A dark-complected man in a lab coat is directing other scientists and lab technicians, organizing a team to use industrial vacuum systems for something. But Ian's problem seems far more urgent.

At your top speed (even carrying an unconscious fellow hero) you can make it to Nimitz Bay in seconds. The only problem is the mechanized army deployed in your way!
Time Keeper
 player, 191 posts
Fri 2 May 2014
at 21:02
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
Time keeper nods at the detective and zips across the room to kneel next to Ian "ok my friend lets go for a ride"

Gently as he could he picked his friend up, turning his mind reached out to the future to a point in the dock area of the city. From the present he pulled the time strand tight and then like an elastic band he let go and was pulled forward with his previous cargo at speed towards the sea.

OOC: 22:02, Today: Time Keeper rolled 2 using 2d6-7. Speed roll (7) spend a determination for "master of time" aspect to dodge any incoming attacks. Total 9

This message was last edited by the player at 21:04, Fri 02 May 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 742 posts
Fri 2 May 2014
at 21:50
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
Time Keeper:
As you race through the streets, Ian over one shoulder, you're sure you spot a flying figure engaging with a pair of the armored vehicles, trading lightning bolts with hypersonic rail-gun fire.

Your precognitive vision allows you to avoid any direct confrontation with the attacking army, although you have to zig and zag through the city's streets on your way to the bay. Reaching the beach you run on top of the water for a dozen yards before allowing yourself to sink.

Ian:
You come to with Time Keeper struggling to detach the shattered helmet of your land-suit. As the seal separates, fresh life-giving seawater floods your gills!
You quickly revive, recovering your faculties. The sensitive membranes you use for ears are still ringing, but your hearing is beginning to return. Your land-suit's helmet, however, is a lost cause; it will need to be re-built from scratch.

[OOC: Feel free to converse; you two have a great deal of catching up to do. :)]
Time Keeper
 player, 192 posts
Wed 7 May 2014
at 07:17
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
out in the bay Time Keeper slowed the time stream and slowly sank into the water. He bobbed about holding onto Ian and tried to pull his helmet off.

Finally getting the catches free he let it drop into the water while he held his friend under the life saving liquid hoping he had made it in time.

after a moment Ian started to move and come too.

"Well my friend that was cutting it fine"
Amm-Fibian
 player, 314 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 1
Wed 7 May 2014
at 07:38
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
"I would have said cutting it close," Amm-Fibian states matter of factly, as if he did not just nearly die.
"What brought you to the MIB Headquarters?"
Time Keeper
 player, 193 posts
Wed 7 May 2014
at 08:06
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
"A vision of the attack followed by one of you dying so I decided to alter that particular time line " the master of time replied with a smile.
Amm-Fibian
 player, 315 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 1
Wed 7 May 2014
at 23:34
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
"What other timelines need changing at the moment? Does that question even make sense?"
Time Keeper
 player, 194 posts
Fri 9 May 2014
at 07:10
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
Despite everything Time Keeper chuckled " It makes perfect sense to me." he replied.

" I need to go into the time stream and see what we can do in the future to make the present change for the better. Not sure who is attacking the city but I will try to get some answers." He looked back to the dock.

"It would be best if I was on dry land to do it sometimes it takes a lot out of me and unlike you my friend I cannot breath under water if it was to go wrong and I passed out"
Amm-Fibian
 player, 316 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 1
Fri 9 May 2014
at 21:35
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
"I can answer your question. It's a man named Toomey. He's a tinkerer and a genius and he has spent the last several years shrunk to miniature size and building this army. I stopped him at the MIB building, but his forces seem to have spilled out into the city... unless there is a second villains plot hatching at the exact same time."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 746 posts
Sat 10 May 2014
at 02:28
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
Ian:
Your ingenious idea of using the MIB HQ's security system as emitters for Toomey's shrink-ray was limited to the area the security system covered. That means that any part of the Tinker's army that had already deployed outside the building wasn't affected.

Even at the top (scale) speed of the VTOLs, they must have been underway for hours to get into position out in Akamai City. Chances are, Toomey is still at large.

[OOC: OK, so I couldn't resist a shrink-ray "at large" pun. Sue me. :)]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 317 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 1
Mon 12 May 2014
at 20:56
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
"Timekeeper, thanks for the help. I should be fine now. I'll see what I can do from here. Perhaps you should make sure the other heroes are alerted. This may be a time for Todd to begin punching things."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 752 posts
Mon 12 May 2014
at 23:11
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
Ian, Time Keeper:
Timing, they say, is everything. :) The Kiyomi Maru appears around the curve of the southern bay headland, a thirty-foot rooster-tail of spray in her wake!

Angelfish:
Ishida-san is at the controls, white-knuckling both the throttle and the coffee mug you brought him. Through the front windscreen, and on the starboard camera feeds, you can see that the city appears to be under attack! VTOL aircraft are firing laser blasts down at the streets in several places, and the dark hulls of massive armored vehicles are visible beyond the roofs of the single-story buildings near the beach.

Ty'daal:
From your position on the rear deck, you can see clearly that these airborne vessels are significantly higher in technological sophistication than most of what Humanity has to offer. Nowhere near your own world's tech, of course, but definitely advanced for this world. You spot Time Keeper kneeling in the surf at the narrow strip of beach on the south side of the bay. He seems to be looking intently at something--or someone--beneath the water!
Amm-Fibian
 player, 318 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 1
Wed 14 May 2014
at 20:20
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
Amm-Fibian catches a ride on a passing Dolphin and heads towards the Kiyomi Maru, waving as approaches.

OOC: I have no animal kinship powers, but this seemed cool. :P
DainXB - GM
 GM, 753 posts
Fri 16 May 2014
at 00:33
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
Ian:
There is a dolphin swimming conveniently near the Kiyomi Maru... It (he?) seems to be a shade darker in color than most of the dolphins you've seen, and has recent wounds on one fin. They look like the marks caused by a shark's teeth. The dolphin chirks in a friendly manner, and offers you the other fin as a hand-hold.

[OOC: You may all now converse and fill one another in. You'll have a couple of panels, at least, before something explodes. :)]
Time Keeper
 player, 195 posts
Fri 16 May 2014
at 09:38
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
Time Keeper felt Ian move away from him and the beach out to deeper water just as the Kiyomi Maru came into sight. He raised a hand and waved at them before turning his mind inwards to see what time had to offer in the way of possible outcomes to this situation.
Amm-Fibian
 player, 319 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 1
Fri 16 May 2014
at 19:30
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
Amm-Fibian greets the Kiyomi Maru from the sea.
"Forgive my not coming aboard. My dry-suit was destroyed combating evil. A human named Toomey, who calls himself The Tinker, seems to have spent the last several years at MIB HQ creating an army, while shrunk to microscopic size. Today he returned that army to it's original size and attacked. We managed to reverse the ray inside the MIB building and defeat Toomey's forces there. However, the main battle seems to have spilled onto the streets. I think perhaps some punching is in order."
Angelfish
 player, 160 posts
Sat 17 May 2014
at 03:33
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
Angela looks up from donning the MkVII, "A microscopic army? Lovely..."  She closes the helmet, "Punching is really Todd's stock-in-trade, you get in touch with him yet?"

Suit sealed, Angelfish floods the helmet and takes a deep breath.

Punching may be Todd's gig, but then again, I've got the big guns!

With that, she back-flips into the bay, following Ty'daal toward the beach and the attacking aircraft...
Amm-Fibian
 player, 320 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 1
Sat 17 May 2014
at 05:40
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
"I'm not really, errr, in a position to get in touch with Todd."
Amm-Fibian watches them swim away.
"I'll just wait here then!"
DainXB - GM
 GM, 756 posts
Sat 17 May 2014
at 23:44
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
Ian:
The dolphin you hitched a ride on nudges you with his snout, and vocalizes a complex series of auditory signals. Dr. Ishida's voice comes over the hydrophones built into the Kiyomi Maru's hull. "We've been working on a program to translate dolphin 'language'. I think he's asking you a question..." There's a click, then a computer voice reads the translation over the hydrophone speakers.

: dry-suit/UNT : query : split-tail/fish : swim/travel : above/outside : water/ocean : query/(excitement?) :

Angelfish, Ty'daal:
You reach the beach, where Time Keeper is standing. There's definitely action happening in the city; there are sirens sounding... Suddenly, from across the city in the area called the Shoals, you see three airborne explosions!

There's trouble much closer to you, as well! Appearing from beyond the darkened tower of the MIB headquarters building, you see a dark figure flying at high speed, in a twisting dogfight with a pair of VTOLs! As the figure fires lasers from it's forearms, you realize that it's TechKnight! Typically, he seems unconcerned with where stray shots from either side of the battle might be landing...

The two VTOLs are bracketing TechKnight, and you can hear a grinding sound from further inland, near the base of the MIB tower--followed by a sound like a thunderclap!

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:55, Sat 17 May 2014.

Time Keeper
 player, 197 posts
Sun 18 May 2014
at 06:14
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
Sinking to his Knees on the beach time keeper feels the sand between his fingers. For some reason at the moment the image of his grandfather, David and himself standing on the spit fishing comes to mind. It is a happy memory but as quickly as it comes it's replaced with another, the three of them climbing in the mountains and camping out.
On those adventures his grandfather taught them about the island, the history of their people and the spirits they believed in, another happy memory.

The it changes it's raining and he's feels sadness, before him is a grave, he feels David's presence next to him, the others hand in his, his grandfather is there to but only because the newly filled in cave is where he now lays.
But there's something else he turns and there standing between the mourners he sees glowing figures, figures dressed in ancient ritual robes, they look at him and smile and the through the sound of the rain he heard them sing and that sound filled his heart with peace.

At that moment he was suddenly back on the beach in the here and now but the singing was still there with him and listening to it he felt the energy in it. Sending his mind back into the time stream he took the song of his people, their power and their wisdom with him. He let his mind flow into all the possibilities looking for a way to fight the attackers of his home, his friends and his way of life.


OOC: 07:15, Today: Time Keeper rolled -1 using 2d6-7. Precog roll (6).total 5

This message was last edited by the player at 06:18, Sun 18 May 2014.

Amm-Fibian
 player, 321 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 1
Sun 18 May 2014
at 06:14
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
"Fascinating! I'm certain we could modify the Dry-Suit... adding some robotics and such... more automation... to be operated by a dolphin. You already breath air my friend, so you have less worries than I do on land. We could probably install this speaking device of Ishida's as well... if not the actual device, a cloud powered version. I'll get right on it. Dr. Ishida, I will need some sort of submersible laboratory!"
DainXB - GM
 GM, 759 posts
Mon 19 May 2014
at 00:05
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
Ishida-san transmits. "There is equipment at Blue Sea R&D; we can submerge some of it in the moon pool if you like--assuming of course that the building is still standing, under the circumstances. I'm taking the Kiyomi Maru back to dock there now, to find out."

[OOC: You can pursue this idea now, essentially picking up the B plot of this episode from Angelfish and Ty'daal (who are now picking up the A plot). Alternatively, you could TUNA some beachcomber and keep on with the A plot of defending the city from the Tinker. :)]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 322 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 1
Mon 19 May 2014
at 06:28
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
OOC: Ian isn't much of a fighter, so he'll leave with Ishida to where there are things to figure out. He can still give aid via communications if need be to the A team.

"I'll come with you. Dolphin... what's your name by the way?... help me follow the Kiyomi Maru, and we'll see about that Dry-Suit!"


Amm-Fibian hangs onto the Dolphins back.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 762 posts
Sat 24 May 2014
at 02:14
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - Ian, TK
[OOC: Continued in thread E3S7 - Blue Sea R&D Lab.]
DainXB - GM
 GM, 763 posts
Sat 24 May 2014
at 04:40
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
[REPEATING, IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:]

Angelfish, Ty'daal:
 You reach the beach, where Time Keeper is standing. There's definitely action happening in the city; there are sirens sounding... Suddenly, from across the city in the area called the Shoals, you see three airborne explosions!

 There's trouble much closer to you, as well! Appearing from beyond the darkened tower of the MIB headquarters building, you see a dark figure flying at high speed, in a twisting dogfight with a pair of VTOLs! As the figure fires lasers from it's forearms, you realize that it's TechKnight! Typically, he seems unconcerned with where stray shots from either side of the battle might be landing...

 The two VTOLs are bracketing TechKnight, and you can hear a grinding sound from further inland, near the base of the MIB tower--followed by a sound like a thunderclap!
DainXB - GM
 GM, 764 posts
Sat 24 May 2014
at 04:59
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Time Keeper:
Your vision is garbled; a thousand possibilities intersect in the here-and-now. But the very sand and soil of the island connects you to the present the way that your powers (whatever their source) connect you to the time stream. They tell you that you are needed: You see a flash of the near-future... Very near!

A man, bare-chested but wearing a feathered war-helmet and a feathered cloak is engaged in battle with a pair of massive armored vehicles! Behind him, the residents of Liloa (a middle-income residential neighborhood) are fleeing in terror as machinegun fire riddles their homes. The warrior is built like a sumo-wrestler, and he stands in the street defiantly as the tanks roll forward, but the lead tank rolls right over him!

Liloa is on the southeastern side of Akamai City, all the way across town from where you are now. It might take you a few seconds to get there... Or you could hurry. :)
Ty'daal
 player, 200 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 5/4
Sat 24 May 2014
at 05:21
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"War."

With that, Ty'daal flings his arms outwards, and tendrils of water flow from the sea, lifting him upwards. After he reaches two dozen or so feet in the air, the seawater begins threading itself together. Extensions of his arms and legs flow outwards, until large, 'armored' feet touch the beach. The alien warrior floats in the chest of a towering humanoid construct formed out of water. A slow step at first, then a quicker pace and Ty'daal moves through the streets towards the tower.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 767 posts
Sat 24 May 2014
at 05:49
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal:
[Gain 1 Determination. That is f'in' cool!]
As you splash your way down the street, your elevated position allows you to see four two-segmented war machines facing the damaged MIB tower's corners. The human traffic of the city has jammed up behind vehicular crashes a block away in every direction; you can step over them easily.

A kinetic-energy weapon on one of the war machines is the source of the thunderclap--it fired on TechKnight, sending him spinning out of control into the side of an office building!

Suddenly, the VTOLs he had been fighting spot you and each fires a pair of pulse-lasers!

[OOC: Defend against a Difficulty of 5 (they get +1 for combining their attacks). The lasers do 5 Stamina on a hit.]
Time Keeper
 player, 199 posts
Sat 24 May 2014
at 06:08
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Time keeper comes out of his daze and as he does so he says a silent thank you to the spirits for their help.

"I am sorry my friend but my people are in trouble and they need my help" with that he grabs the time stream and is a blur as he rides it across the city at breakneck speed.
Ty'daal
 player, 201 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 6/4
Sat 24 May 2014
at 15:10
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal's warrior instincts kick in and he launches a rapid burst of small globes of water from the 'shoulder' of the construct and they fly outwards intercepting the laser fire, robbing them of their heat energy as both water interceptors and laser blasts disappear in puffs of steam.

(11:04, Today: Ty'daal rolled 6,2 using d6,d6. Water Contol (Defend) +5 for a total of +9.)

This message was last edited by the player at 15:10, Sat 24 May 2014.

Angelfish
 player, 161 posts
Sun 25 May 2014
at 03:12
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish's irritation with Techknight and his cavalier attitude toward collateral damage is swiftly replace with sheer awe at Ty'daal's "water-mecha"  and both are overwhelmed with the realization that the Last Warrior is right - they are at war!

Techknight is down, but too far to reach for the moment - the VTOLs however have turned their attention to Ty'daal!

Sure don't look miniaturized to me...


Angelfish takes aim and fires on the closest VTOL  Let's just keep the odds fair - two against one is just not right...

(OOC: 22:06, Today: Angelfish rolled 2,5 using d6,d6. Open fire on the VTOL.
-3 +6 (Coordination) = +3)


As the missiles take flight, Angelfish thinks, What this team really needs is communications and coordination...  Peanut Butter Popsicle anyone?
DainXB - GM
 GM, 770 posts
Sun 25 May 2014
at 05:14
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish:
Your missiles almost strike home--those VTOLs are extremely agile in flight! The missiles detonate as soon as they lose their target-lock; they're programmed to avoid collateral damage when possible.

From the direction of the MIB tower, you hear a grinding rumble. You're about to have more company...

Ty'daal:
[OOC: When your species goes to war, it is epic!]
The steam from your water interceptors produces a layer of hot fog above the city streets, and the VTOLs slow to a hover, spining on their axes as the turrets beneath their noses seek back and forth.

Loud enough to be heard even through your "water strider", you hear TechKnight's over-amplified voice coming from the building he crashed into. "Thermal targeting! They're blinded by the fog! Hit 'em!"

Time Keeper:
[OOC: Continue in thread E3S8 - Liloa!]
Ty'daal
 player, 202 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 6/4
Sun 25 May 2014
at 05:38
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal extends his arm and the constructs arm weaves outwards, stretching to envelop the VTOLs. The warrior is not so much hitting the aircraft, but attempting to submerge them and effectively flood all of their mechanical and electrical systems with seawater.

(01:34, Today: Ty'daal rolled 3,1 using d6,d6 with rolls of 3,1. Water Control (Shaping). Total: +7)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 774 posts
Tue 27 May 2014
at 16:52
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal:
[OOC: Your Water Control power has the defense and shaping extras; to attack with it you have to tag an Aspect and spend 1 Determination. Either Noble Warrior or Water-Born certainly apply. :).]

The VTOLs have an uncanny ability to coordinate with one anothers movements; they react almost as efficiently as schooling fish or flocking birds. One moves higher, testing the limits of the steam-fog, the other darts downward, trying to get underneath the layer--but your construct's arm engulfs it instead!

It's turbofans weren't designed to move anything as dense as seawater. The VTOL loses all lift, and plummets! The lights on the nose-turret go dark and sparks fly as salt water shorts out the mechanism!

[OOC: It'll either hit the street and crash, or you can keep "hold" of it. Either way, this one is out of the fight!]
Angelfish
 player, 162 posts
Tue 27 May 2014
at 17:42
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
The VTOL dodges nimbly and Angelfish's missile detonates harmlessly in mid-air...

Crap! Those guys are quick!

The aircraft split up, dodging around Ty'daal - or at least trying to... As the Last Warrior engulfs one, shorting it's systems, Angelfish takes a more careful aim on the second...

(OOC: 12:35, Today: Angelfish rolled 1,5 using d6,d6. This one's mine!  (Shoot the VTOL). -4 + 6 (coordination) + +2  The Dice Roller continues to mock me...)

...and snarls silently in frustration as yet another set of missiles glide past their darting target...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 779 posts
Fri 30 May 2014
at 04:46
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish:
Your target VTOL may be temporarily blinded by the steam and fog Ty'daal created--but it can track back missile contrails once they come above that fast-dissipating layer. It's chin turret snaps to face your direction, and the pulse lasers fire!

[OOC: Test Coordination vs Difficulty 4. The lasers do 5 Stamina on a hit.]

Angelfish, Ty'daal:
TechKnight launches from the rubbled side of the building he crashed into, trying to fly just below the fog. "Heads up, people--we've got heavy trouble headed this way!" He says, firing both forearm-lasers at something further down the street, past the jam of abandoned cars.
Ty'daal
 player, 204 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 5/4
Sat 31 May 2014
at 01:30
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal, with but a thought, lets water carry him upwards further into the sky so that he can get a better view of what TechKnight is firing at. He stands upon a pillar of water extending out of the 'head' of the construct looking across the city.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 783 posts
Sat 31 May 2014
at 01:39
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal:
Two of the strange armored vehicles are grinding toward you, having abandoned their posts at the nearest corners of the MIB building.
Ty'daal
 player, 205 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 5/4
Sat 31 May 2014
at 01:44
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal lowers himself back into the chest before moving quickly onto a side street and crouching down behind a building, intending to ambush the armored vehicles as they roll past.
Angelfish
 player, 163 posts
Sat 31 May 2014
at 05:15
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
The snarl turns to a startled yelp as the VTOL turns it's lasers on Angelfish...

(OOC: 23:54, Today: Angelfish rolled 2,3 using d6,d6. Evade!!!
-1 + 6 (coordination) = +5)

She dives forward, tumbling and rolling away from the laser blasts, allowing the VTOL's momentum to take it overhead and past her.

Sprawled in the sand, Angelfish takes aim once more..

(OOC: 00:07, Today: Angelfish rolled 1,6 using d6,d6. Third time's the charm..
-5 + 6 (coordination)= +1


...and again, the VTOL dodges the literal bullet!

Targeting must have gotten damaged wrestling sharks...  Lousy time for it...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 788 posts
Sat 31 May 2014
at 21:12
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish:
[OOC: You could use Determined Effort on that last shot if you like, since you've already tried the task and failed once. It would cost you 2 Determination to turn that roll into a hit.
Alternatively, I'll give you 1 Determination for the Temporary Challenge you just came up with: Targetting System Damaged, making your missiles useless until repaired.]


Ty'daal:
TechKnight's laser fire scores down the side of the lead tank, damaging it's machinegun turrets. The tank's main turret spins and elevates, tracking him...

CRACK! The cannon fires with a sound like a lightning strike, and TechKnight cuts his jets, dropping to a hard landing on the pavement. The cannon shell blasts bricks out of the corner of a nearby building.

The second tank's turret turns to face your water-mecha! CRACK!

[OOC: Defend vs Difficulty 6. The cannon does 7 Stamina on a hit.]

Ian:
Four blocks from the MIB HQ, Ishida-san is forced to stop. The road ahead is blocked solid with abandoned cars. Even his tiny roadster can't make it by driving on the sidewalks.

In the distance, you can hear sirens, the sound of gunfire, and occasional explosions. Terrified people crowd the storefronts nearby, peering out through the windows or peeking from behind whatever meager cover they can find.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:44, Sat 31 May 2014.

Amm-Fibian
 player, 332 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 02:08
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Amm-Fib'ian gets out of the sportster and begins making his way on foot.
Ty'daal
 player, 206 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 5/4
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 02:14
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal blasts the shot aside with a stream of high pressure water.

(22:12, Today: Ty'daal rolled 5,1 using d6,d6 with rolls of 5,1. Water Control (Defend). Total: +9)
Nereid
 player, 214 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 02:40
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish:
As the missiles take flight, Angelfish thinks, What this team really needs is communications and coordination...  Peanut Butter Popsicle anyone?


It takes a few moments but Angelfish hears a reply

I am near the hospital...we have invaders with robotic tanks and high tech infantry.
Speaking of robotic tanks I stuck inside one! I tried to shut it down and became trapped inside.

What is your situation? out link is weak you'll need to "think at me".


Angelfish
 player, 164 posts
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 02:52
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 94):

(OOC: Amusing as the concept is, I'm thinking that being without missiles until she can get the tracking system repaired would pretty much take Angelfish out of the fight.  I'll spend the Determination.  Should I go ahead and re-set that scene?)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 792 posts
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 00:42
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal:
High velocity water meets hypervelocity projectile! The result is a deflected trajectory and the massive conversion of kinetic energy into heat--and steam! A successful defense--but at a cost; you're losing water-mass every time you block an attack. Eventually, you'll need to find more water...

[OOC: Gain 1 Determination for the Temporary Challenge Dry Land.]

The tanks advance toward you, powering over parked or abandoned cars that happen to be in their way...

Angelfish:
[OOC: I'll reset. :)]
Sprawled in the sand, Angelfish takes aim once more.

...and again, the VTOL dodges the literal bullet!

Targeting must have gotten damaged wrestling sharks...  Lousy time for it...

The missile, meters above it's target and in free-flight, self-destructs per it's safety protocols. Fragments rain down--and are sucked into the VTOL's turbofans! Revving madly, the engines begin to smoke as the VTOL looses lift and altitude. The explosion when the turbines begin to shed blades into the fuselage is impressive and impressively loud. Debris rains down on you, but oddly, most of the fragments of the VTOL vanish as they fall. Almost none of it reaches the ground...

Ian:
Three blocks from the MIB tower, you encounter a battle in progress! Ty'daal, surrounded by a towering mass of water shaped into a sleek bipedal form, is engaged in combat with a pair of Toomey's tanks. Angelfish is sprawled on the ground, a block away, having just shot down one of the VTOL drones.

From across the street, you see TechKnight charging the lead tank. He leaps, his boot-jets barely firing, and lands on top of the turret. "That's it, you misuse of technology! No. More. Shooting!" He shouts, bracing his legs and wrestling with the railgun barrel.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:44, Mon 02 June 2014.

Angelfish
 player, 165 posts
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 02:28
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish's eyes widen and her mouth drops open as the VTOL disintegrates...

Okaaayy... That was weird...

She climbs to her feet, looking around to follow Ty'daal...

quote:
I am near the hospital...we have invaders with robotic tanks and high tech infantry.
Speaking of robotic tanks I stuck inside one! I tried to shut it down and became trapped inside.
What is your situation? out link is weak you'll need to "think at me".


{Nereid?!  Damn! It worked!}

Turning the volume up, Angelfish quickly types a message, WARRIOR  THINK HARD 2 NEREID  SHE CAN HELP    TECHKNIGHT FRIEND TRAPD N TANK  B CAREFL

Message sent, she turns her attention to Nereid,

{Ty'daal and I put ashore at Nimitz Beach, we're fighting our way down Māka'ikiu Ave. toward the MIB building.  TechKnight was already part of the fight when we got here.  Ishida and Ian went back to the lab.  Haven't seen Todd or T.K.  VTOL's patrolling the beach and city.  How can we tell which tank you're in?!  I don't want TechKnight to blast you!!!}

(OOC: I gave the street we're on a name to make it easier to discuss the terrain.  I'll change it if you have something else in mind...)

Amm-Fibian
 player, 333 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 06:43
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Amm-Fib'ian analyzes the VTOL crash to try to understand why it vanished.
Angelfish
 player, 166 posts
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 03:15
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
(OOC: Do we have a map, or at least explicit description of where the MIB building is as compared to the hospital?  And where are Angelfish, Ty'daal, and TechKnight in relation to both?)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 794 posts
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 03:50
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
In reply to Angelfish (msg # 102):

[OOC: There's no map, as such. At least not yet. :) In lieu of one, here's the general layout of the city:

In the center: The Grove (part shopping center, part cultural center)
Northwest: Nimitz Bay (commercial port, and the commercial and industrial center of the city. Both Blue Sea R&D & Dr. Taggart's business Ancient Sea Antiques are located here. Across the bay, on a clear day, you can see Honolulu.)
Between Nimitz Bay and the Grove: Bayside Heights (affluent shopping and residential district. The MIB HQ is on the border between Nimitz Bay and Bayside Heights.)
Northeast: The Shoals (Akamai City's "chinatown"/"litle saigon"; home of Todd, and the Finest Yakitori Cafe, where he works. Not to mention Mr. Chen's Pai-Gow Palace and the Pagoda Terrace Hotel.)
Southeast: Liloa (middle-to-lower-income residential neighborhood)
South Central: Downtown (financial district, home of various corporate headquarters, the Mayor's house, the DTN News building, and Kuakini General Hospital. Also the University and Pacific Time Clock & Watch shop.)
Southwest: Moanamoku (semi-residential neighborhood; this is where Kuailo Marina and Det. Jones' houseboat are located.)


There must be other (as yet un-detailed) neighborhoods tucked between some of these. For example, I'm sure Downtown doesn't extend all the way to the southern shore of the island, so there must be something south of Downtown...]


[OOC: Here's where everybody is right now: Angelfish, Ty'daal, Ian, and TechKnight are west of the MIB HQ, heading east up Māka'ikiu Avenue. Dr. Ishida is a couple of blocks north, with his car. Detective Jones is in the MIB tower. Southeast of you as the crow flies is Downtown, where Nereid and Beeline are trying to protect the Hospital. Even further southeast, Todd, Timekeeper, and Haikili are engaged near the Liloa Police Station. Todd last saw Storm Warden in the Shoals. If Tropic Lightning is engaged by the Tinker's forces, he hasn't been spotted yet.]
DainXB - GM
 GM, 796 posts
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 03:56
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian:
[OOC: Test Intellect vs a Difficulty of 5 to figure out why it vanished.]

Angelfish, Ty'daal:
[OOC: Simultaneously with that, both of you can act in any order you choose!]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 334 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 07:08
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
OOC: : Amm-Fibian rolled 4,2 using d6,d6 ((4,2))
2 + 9 Int + 2 Investigation = 13 Total


Amm-Fibian snaps his fingers in his Dry-Suit, which makes no noise.
"Vanishing VTOL's! That's it!"
Ty'daal
 player, 207 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 6/4
Fri 6 Jun 2014
at 21:25
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
After blasting the projectile away, Ty'daal stands and springs at the tank, bringing the water constructs fists together then sailing down to hammer the top of the tank and crush it.

(17:22, Today: Ty'daal rolled 4,1 using d6,d6 with rolls of 4,1. Smash tank (Prowess +3). Total: +6, if that hits it is Strength (8) damage.)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 801 posts
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 18:43
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian:
It's all in the timing... Toomey shrunk the stolen prototype tank and VTOL, then the industrial pantograph, then himself. Then he raided the MIB building for supplies to build his copies... It was much easier than stealing full-size materials and shrinking them. But there's a flaw in that plan; each tank and aircraft, despite their current size, is made of only a few grams of material! "Un-shrinking" to full size must make the individual molecules almost big enough to see--and their inter-molecular bonds incredibly fragile! Any sufficiently-large impact disrupts the expanded bonds, causing the molecules to return to their original size.

Ty'daal:
The tank rings like a bell as your doubled water-fists rain down upon it. [OOC: Couldn't resist the "rain" pun. Sorry. :)] You feel the pebble-surfaced metal begin to buckle... Then, suddenly, the entire front segment of the tank shatters to dust!

The rear half of the articulated vehicle grinds to a halt, spitting sparks from the exposed cabling at the now-open juncture between the halves--a juncture that continues to crumble for just a moment; pebbled steel eroding away as you watch.

[OOC: Angelfish is up next!]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 335 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 20:48
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Amm-Fibian turns to Ishida, "We need to cause a city wide shockwave... something large enough to vibrate those molecules... but not large enough to knock down the city."
Angelfish
 player, 167 posts
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 04:39
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
{Nereid?  Nereid?}  Damn, I've lost the signal!  I hope she's O.K.

Jogging up Māka'ikiu Avenue to chatch up to Ty'daal, Angelfish is just in time to see the Last Warrior smash a tank with a massive aquatic fist.

Not "smash"... "shatter"! It shattered into dust, just like the VTOL!  Something in the un-miniaturization process must make them brittle!

{Nereid!!!  If you can hear me - the tanks are brittle!!!  A hard, sharp blow should make them crumble!!!}

Unsure as to whether Nereid has gotten her message, Angelfish seeks to test her own hypothesis. Sighting another tank positioned near the MIB building, she targets not the tank, but an overhanging ledge above it!

Pretty sure this is destruction of public property and a bunch of other crimes and misdeamenors...  MIB will just have to write me a ticket!

(OOC:23:35, Today: Angelfish rolled 4,2 using d6,d6. Drop ledge on tank!
+2 + 6 (coordination) = +8)


Aiming carefully, Angelfish fires a missle into the corner of the building.  A chunk of masonry drops away like an iceberg calving to drop onto the unsuspecting tank below!
DainXB - GM
 GM, 807 posts
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 06:18
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian:
Dr. Ishida grimmaces. "This city is built on a mass of solid coral--mutated brain coral, to be exact--but a shockwave powerful enough to do what you suggest would be powerful enough to shatter the foundation of the entire island!"
He looks around, desperate for ideas. "We need something directional, like a focused shockwave creating atmospheric overpressure..."

Angelfish:
The MIB building has already lost all it's notionally-bulletproof windows (thanks to Ian); the loss of a chunk reinforced concrete and steel probably won't get you arrested...

Like ice calving off a glacier, the jagged chunk seems to move in slow motion--but once it begins to fall it accellerates, and it slams into the rear hull of the tank whose turret TechKnight is wrestling with! The suspension collapses under the sudden impact, just as TechKnight shoves hard enough to rip the turret free. The pile of twisted masonry and steel sags to the ground as if there was suddenly nothing underneath it...

"That was a little close, don't you think?" TechKnight says, getting airborne again. "My radar shows two more VTOLs inbound; we've got about a minute and a half..." He pauses. "Hey! There was a tank at each corner of the MIB building before; we aced two... Where'd the other two go?"

Ty'daal:
TechKnight's question is partly answered by the appearance of a third war machine--but it's artificial intelligence has learned caution; for all it's bulk, it is taking advantage of the cover provided by the building's debris, creeping forward in a cloud of masonry dust. With a hypersonic crack, it snipes at your water-strider with it's railgun!

[OOC: Defend vs Difficulty 6. The cannon does 7 Stamina on a hit.]

"They're getting sneaky!" TechKnight says, hovering and spining on his axis to scan in all directions. "Look out for number fou---" Crack! A railgun shot knocks him out of the air!

[OOC: After Ty'daal's defense, you can all act in any order you choose!]
Ty'daal
 player, 209 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 6/4
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 14:19
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
The shot impacts into the construct, the force rattling the warrior inside and sending it collapsing in a splash to the ground. Ty'daal stands slowly, now encased in a smaller power-armor like suit of armor. His gaze falls upon the tank and he prepares himself to rip it apart with his bare hands.

(10:16, Today: Ty'daal rolled 1,4 using d6,d6. Water Control (Defense) +5. Total: +2. Takes 7 stamina damage,)
Amm-Fibian
 player, 336 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 20:42
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"Directed shockwave... well, Todd & Ty'daal could probably manage those with their fists.
Brain Coral though... even better. What about a psychic shockwave? A bio-electrical pulse upwards from the coral. Same effect, less property damage. Perhaps our dear Nereid, in cooperation with the Brain Coral could set it off."

DainXB - GM
 GM, 810 posts
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 21:15
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian:
Dr. Ishida, crouching behind an abandoned car for cover, blinks hard as he tries to wrap his head around your plan. "That... that might work! If the Brain Coral kaiju is still alive, down there... even only a little..." Then his hope falls. "Have you seen Nereid lately? Do you have a way to contact her, in all this confusion?" He waves his hand at the raging battle, then fiddles with a dial on the side of his peculiar headset. "I can barely contact Angela..."

[OOC: Anyone can act, in any order you choose! (Including Ian; word balloons take no time).]
Nereid
 player, 220 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 00:37
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 113):

Though the link has been up this whole time, Nereid is back "on line" ...

Sorry, having to concentrate on keeping the link up, and not dying...

We are switching tanks this one is blocking the road to the hospital...When you say brittle, remember I am only really, really athletic and not super strong.  My new friend Beeline can't stop them with his stinger blasts. But if whacking it would work I'll see if he is like super strong. Like Human Bee strong...that would be strong right?

DainXB - GM
 GM, 816 posts
Mon 23 Jun 2014
at 00:02
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
[OOC: Anyone can act, in any order you choose! (Including Ian; word balloons take no time). Telepathy also takes no time. :)]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 337 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Mon 23 Jun 2014
at 20:19
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"Nereid, Good to hear from you. It's been a while. How are those life things you do in the day to day existence? Have you seen any exciting games of ball lately? Anyway, I need a favor. Can you try to psychically contact the Kaiju Brain Coral beneath the city and cooperate with it to send a Bio-Electric Pulse through the city? Did you catch that last part, it's very important?"
Ty'daal
 player, 210 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 6/4
Mon 23 Jun 2014
at 20:32
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal takes one bounding leap, snaps a street light pole at the base and hurls it at the tank that had fired at him like some hyper-accelerated bullet with his immense strength.

(16:28, Today: Ty'daal rolled 6,1 using d6,d6 with rolls of 6,1. Lamp pole javelin (+4). Total: +9. Not sure on the damage here, if its based on my strength its 8.)
Nereid
 player, 223 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Tue 24 Jun 2014
at 15:39
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
In reply to Ty'daal (msg # 117):


Amm-Fibian, it is good to "see" you again as well, things are good...well I have shadow creatures murdering people, magic ninjas attacking me, and now an automated army. But it's good...bust but good.

Then the immense implication of what is being asked sinks in...


Whoah...we have  Kaiju brain coral underneath the city? and you want me to ask it to release an biologically created EMP?

One possible issue there...what about the VTOLs? They might fall on innocent people after being shorted out.

Also, Ian I am going to need your help tuning into the Kaiju Brain Coral if we do this.



OOC: So, if we decide to do this (the falling VTOLs is a possible reason to not do it) , what do i need to roll to contact the KBC?

Also, having Ian picture the creature in his mind as a way to contact it (which is what I am going to ask him to do next) could be just narration or maybe a bonus to my action? what do you think Dain?

Angelfish
 player, 168 posts
Wed 25 Jun 2014
at 20:50
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
As Ty'daal seems to have Tank #3 well in hand, Angelfish takes aim at Tank #4...

Just need to hit it hard enough...

In her head, the voices of her friends and teammates dicuss possible endgames...

{Nereid, the streets around here are pretty empty.  I don't think droping the VTOLS will cause any more havoc than they already are. Of course, waking the Kaiju... that might be a whole different situation...

Ian, where are you?  I thought you were at the lab...}


(OOC: 15:30, Today: Angelfish rolled 1,1 using d6,d6. Crack the tank.
0 + 6 (coordination)= +6)

Amm-Fibian
 player, 339 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Thu 26 Jun 2014
at 05:21
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"Ishida and I came to help. As for the VTOL'S, they should shrink before doing to much damage. I'll have Ishida visualize the coral Kaiju, he has studied them... I hope."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 818 posts
Thu 26 Jun 2014
at 21:56
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal:
Your javelin strikes true! (All that spear-fishing pays off, apparently.) The impact shatters the tank's front armor, and sends shock-waves through the pebbly-surfaced metal. The plating begins to lose cohesion, collapsing into microscopic powder!

With it's main turret out of action, the tank unleashes a spray of machine-gun fire!

[OOC: Defend against a Difficulty of 3. The MGs do 5 Stamina on a hit.]

Angelfish:
Your missiles spiral in to their target, detonating across it's surface! A solid hit, but your warheads are optimized to create shockwaves underwater, not in air. The blasts scour the tank's surface, but don't breach the armor.

Blinded by the explosions, the tank plows forward into the avenue, heedless of everything in front of it--including you!

[OOC: Test Coordination vs a Difficulty of 3 to get out of the way in time! Being run over by this thing does 7 Stamina!]

Ian:
Nereid seems to need assistance in comprehending exactly what sort of intelligence the Kaiju Brain Coral possesses. It's an interesting question; thanks to your experiences using the T.U.N.A. you're very familiar with human brains, and even some animal brains; conscious, self-directed mutant coral colonies, on the other hand...

[OOC: Test Intelligence vs a Difficulty of 7. Your final Effort can be applied to Nereid's attempt.]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 340 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 05:47
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
OOC: Amm-Fibian rolled 3,5 using d6,d6 = -2 + 9 = 7
Exactly on Target. (Can I get some sort of boost for Ishida's help?)


"Okay, begin by thinking of a normal human brain, and then blend in animal elements. Now add a hard yet crunchy shell..."

This message was last edited by the player at 05:48, Fri 27 June 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 820 posts
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 20:55
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ishida-san, crouched behind a car for cover, says "The kaiju was spawned by the Castle Bravo atomic test in 1954. The theory is that exposure to strontium-90 caused the coral-building polyps to become hyperactive. Their biochemical 'networking' capability was enhanced as well--but the colony creature seemed to be entirely instinct-driven." He ducks down as Angelfish's missile-strike flares brightly. "You can't reason with it, but every organism reacts to danger or the threat of danger... If Brain Coral felt that it was at risk somehow..."

[OOC: Ishida's Intellect gives you a +1, meaning that your total generates a +1 bonus for Nereid. You can give her some insight on how to manipulate the 'emotions' of a primitive and instinctive creature.]
Angelfish
 player, 169 posts
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 03:17
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Blinded by the missle explosion, the tank lumbers forward - and Angelfish is right in the path!

(OOC: 21:59, Today: Angelfish rolled 1,5 using d6,d6. Tank Dodge!
-4 + 6 (coordination)+2 (acrobatics) = +4)


She tucks and rolls, tumbling off the curb and into the deserted street, the tank lurching past so close that she's sure it brushes her heel...

Taking a few deep breaths at the close call, Angelfish is sudenly cognizent of just what Amm-Fibian has been saying...

{Ishida?!  IAN!!!  You brought Ishida-san here?!  What were you thinking?!}
Amm-Fibian
 player, 341 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 03:44
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"Oh that's an easy one! I was thinking that Ishida could help with the current city under attack situation, plus I can't drive a vehicle... Well not within human laws anyway. I was also thinking that it's too bad our new dolphin friend couldn't join us, but he's not entirely comfortable in his land legs yet. Oh, and I was thinking..."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:47, Sat 28 June 2014.

Ty'daal
 player, 211 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 6/4
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 06:30
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal sprints in an evading pattern towards the tank allowing a portion of water to flow out of his armor in a continuous, looping stream creating a thin, shimmering wall of water that catches the sunlight in a glare so that the tank cannot get a clear idea of where he is going to be and the bullets miss their mark.

(02:22, Today: Ty'daal rolled 2,2 using d6,d6 with rolls of 2,2. Water Control (Defend) +5. Total: +5)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 824 posts
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 20:35
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian, Angelfish:
The fourth cyber-tank, having narrowly missed running over Angelfish, is now grinding blindly forward toward the row of abandoned cars sheltering Ian and Ishida!

Ty'daal:
The rear segment of the tank you're approaching deploys a pop-up missile rack from it's upper surface. Six brutal-looking warheads are prepared to fire--although, without a forward hull the machine's targeting must be impaired. Those missiles could scatter-fire, devastating blocks of the city!

[OOC: You can all act, in any order you choose.]
Nereid
 player, 227 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 21:03
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 127):


OOC: Repost from "my" home thread


Nereid drops everyone but Ian and Ishida so she can concentrate...

Here mind expands, and she searches for the Kaiju Brain Coral's "signal".

Nereid has never pushed herself so hard, so far...

there it is...

Oh Ian this is more complicated that you made it sound buddy...

How does it react? are those emotions? it is like waves of color and sound...so beautiful .


Beeline notices her beginning to strain at the immense effort this is taking.

Now to manipulate its emotions...

Oh no, the Bio-MP is a defense mechanism.

Sorry...your going to have to become very scared for a very short period of time...

Now!


Nereid shakes and gasps as she drops all telepathic links due to the strain. She curls up in a fetal position.

If that worked we should be getting the Bio-electic pulse very soon... she says to no one in particular .


OOC: Stunting for Rangeless Telepathy and spending determined effort to gain at least a moderate success (unless Dain feels I need a Major success)

Emotion Control 3 +1 (Telepathy aid) +1 (Ian aid) + (2d6-7) hoping for a 7

16:49, Today: Nereid rolled -1 using 2d6-7. Connect with the Brain Coral.

4 spending 1 point of Determination for 6, another for 8 and achieving my goal and spending all 3 Determination points in a single action.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:05, Sat 28 June 2014.

Amm-Fibian
 player, 342 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Sun 29 Jun 2014
at 01:36
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Amm-Fibian taps Ishida-San on the shoulder and points to the approaching tank.
"Let's hope this bio-blast goes off soon and effectively."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 826 posts
Sun 29 Jun 2014
at 04:57
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian:
Ishida-san looks in the direction you're pointing. "In the mean time--run!"

[OOC: You can all act, in any order you choose. It'll take a page for the vast, networked mind of Brain Coral to react to Nereid's proding.]

Amm-Fibian
 player, 343 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Sun 29 Jun 2014
at 07:33
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"Oh, yes, run."
Amm-fibian runs as best he can in the bulky suit.
Ty'daal
 player, 213 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 6/4
Sun 29 Jun 2014
at 20:44
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal sprints towards the tank, leaps on top, and grabs hold of either side of the missile rack. His knuckles turning white with effort, he rips the weapon off the top sending a torrent of sparks crackling out of the now destroyed wiring.

(16:42, Today: Ty'daal rolled 4,4 using d6,d6 with rolls of 4,4. Rip off missiles (+8). Total: +8)
Angelfish
 player, 170 posts
Mon 30 Jun 2014
at 03:43
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
quote:
Oh that's an easy one! I was thinking that Ishida could help with the current city under attack situation, plus I can't drive a vehicle... Well not within human laws anyway. I was also thinking that it's too bad our new dolphin friend couldn't join us, but he's not entirely comfortable in his land legs yet. Oh, and I was thinking...


Angelfish shakes her head slowly... {That's not...  Nevermind, just...  just make sure nothing happens to him, Ian.  He's not supposed to be in these situations...  He's supposed to be safe...}

Angelfish climbs to her feet, and takes one more deep "breath" to clear her head.  She has enough to worry about without her boyfriend being so close to the fighting...  Right now, she needs to knock out that tank...

(OOC: 22:41, Today: Angelfish rolled 4,4 using d6,d6. Blow up the tank!
0 + 6 (coordination) = 6)


She aims and fires...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 833 posts
Tue 1 Jul 2014
at 16:17
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal:
You rip the missile rack free, shattering the pebble-surfaced armor plate beneath it--which immediately begins to dissolve, crumbling away like a sand castle on a beach. You drop to the pavement, holding the slightly-twisted six-tube launcher in your webbed hands. You can hear clicks and hisses from within...

[OOC: Gain 1 Determination from the temporary challenge "Ignition Sequence Start"!]

That's not your only problem: Just before TechKnight got shot down, he said something about two more VTOLs inbound... There they are, right on schedule--coming up Māka'ikiu Avenue low and fast!

Angelfish:
The spiral contrails of your missiles zero in on the tank, and fireballs bloom! As the flare dies down, you see that once again they've failed to penetrate the things armor--and just ahead of the behemoth you spot Ishida-san and Ian, struggling to outrun it!

[OOC: Gain 1 Determination; Ishida-san is in danger!]

[OOC: Additionally; the tank's armor is 5, your missiles do 4 damage. You'll need to get creative with a stunt of some kind in order to do permanent damage.]

Ian:
The last cyber-tank, blinded by the repeated hits of Angelfish's barrage, barrels forward crushing the cars you and Dr. Ishida were hiding behind. For a chain-smoker, Ishida-san is quite a sprinter; or perhaps it is merely the human "adrenaline reaction" you hear so much about in this line of work. He's made it to his miniature vehicle, and is desperately trying to start the engine!

Your new land-suit isn't as hampering as your first one--but it's still not easy to do the thing humans call "running".

[OOC: Test Coordination vs a Difficulty of 4. Being run down by a 140 ton tank is bad.]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 344 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Wed 2 Jul 2014
at 03:02
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
OOC: Amm-Fibian rolled 6,6 using d6,d6 ((6,6)).
0 + 4 = 4


Amm-Fibian runs as best he can for the car, while counting down in his head the seconds till he figures the psychic bio-wave will hit.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 839 posts
Sat 5 Jul 2014
at 17:25
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian:
You make it to Ishida's convertible just as he gets the engine started. The shadow of the cyber-tank looms above you. You've been counting the seconds since Nereid went "off the air" to concentrate on Brain Coral. Given the kaiju's (presumed) dormant state, and the diffuse nature of it's neural network, you estimate three seconds until it's psychic response.

3...

[OOC: Angelfish & Ty'daal are up, in any order.]
Ty'daal
 player, 214 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Sat 5 Jul 2014
at 17:59
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Thinking quickly, Ty'daal drops to the ground, bracing the missile pod aiming it at the VTOLs like some ancient, primitive Hwacha he had read about on the human 'internet' when he had been studying the history of warfare on this world.

(13:51, Today: Ty'daal rolled 6,2 using d6,d6 with rolls of 6,2. Coordination(+4) Make-Shift Rocket Launcher (Spending determination since this is a one-time thing). Total: +8)
Angelfish
 player, 172 posts
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 02:17
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Damn, damn, damn!!!  All I need is one good sharp hit...  not enough juice...


The irony of needing more fire power is not lost on Angelfish - and the sight of her friend and her lover trying desperatly to out-pace the tank that she has been unable to kill is enought to stop her heart!


Think dammit! Think!!!  Can't hit it hard enough...  Maybe I can make it hit something else?!

Calculating angles feverishly in her head, Angelfish drops to one knee, aiming the missle launcher not at the tank, but under it!

If I hit it just so...  Hopefully, it'll flip over - or at least vear off course!


(OOC: 21:14, Today: Angelfish rolled 2,4 using d6,d6. Apply explosive leverage!
-2 + 6 (coordination) +1 (determination - Ishida-san is in Danger!)= +5)

DainXB - GM
 GM, 840 posts
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 04:52
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal:
The missile pod fires--and the back-blast is a ferocious wave of heat! The last of your water-shield boils, but the missiles lock onto the nearest moving targets.

Hwacha!

The blast shatters more windows--and obliterates the VTOLs!

2...

Angelfish:
Your missiles fire, streaking out only inches above the asphalt, and detonate beneath the rear hull of the tank! One set of treads is already elevated, grinding a parked car into a steel-and-fiberglass pancake. It's enough! The blast vents beneath the raised treads, lifting them further... The rear hull of the tank tips, grinding along the pavement on it's flank armor! The forward treads shred pavement as they attempt to haul the dead weight--but Ishida-san's agile little roadster zips ahead of the war machine and into the clear!

[OOC: You create the temporary challenge for the tank "Jackknifed".]

1...

Ian:
Accelleration presses you into the car's seat cushions as Dr. Ishida slams the pedal to the floorboard! By your mental calculations, Brain Coral's instinctive defense response should be happening...

...Now!

The ground lifts under you--under everyone in the entire city, in fact! The air itself clamps around you like a vice. It's instantaneous, but intense; you feel the impact not only on, but within your body! Objects in motion take the worst effects of the telekinetic shock-wave, but even stationary city structures are affected. Glass shatters, cinder-block walls crack; Every car alarm in Akamai City goes off at once! The Tinker's "expanded" vehicles, specifically vulnerable to high-intensity impact, all shatter into dust!

Ishida-san barely keeps control of his car as the pavement leaps underneath you! Seeing that there isn't an out-of-control cyber-tank on his tail, he skids the vehicle to a stop.

Everyone:
As the dust settles, the honking of a thousand car alarms almost drowns out the faint sound of a loudspeaker. "Attention, citizens of Aumakua Island; Akamai City is now under martial law! Remain in your homes! Remain in your homes and you will not be harmed!"

[OOC: You can all act, in any order.]
Ty'daal
 player, 215 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 06:30
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal stands to his full height, looks about the street, and casually tosses the missile launcher to the ground.

'This is Ty'daal, the enemy forces appear to be destroyed. I am returning to the ocean,' he thinks over the link.

With that he turns and moves back towards the waiting embrace of the cool sea water.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:30, Fri 11 July 2014.

Amm-Fibian
 player, 346 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 10:59
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"Well, that was all relatively simple. Do you suppose we are still allowed to buy one of those sandwiches with the two all beef patties while under martial law? I found them repulsive at first, but now I find them rather tasty."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:03, Fri 11 July 2014.

Angelfish
 player, 173 posts
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 02:55
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
The tank tips and then jack-knifes - stranded on it's front tracks!  Just beyond, Angelfish can see Ishida's convertable racing away.  She grins and punches the air, elated...

 YES!!!


...and drops her arm just as quickly to stabilize herself as the ground bucks and heaves!

Looks like Nereid got through to the Brain Kaiju...

All around, alarms begin to blare and faintly through the noise and her own fluid-filled helmet, she hears a tinny voice.  Concentrating hard, she is able to make out part of the message.

"...ttention... Akam...Cit... martial...aw...main... homes..."

Martial law?  That can't be right... 

Nearby, she sees Ty'daal casually toss aside a chunk of the tank he was wrestling with.  His watery armor is gone now...  And then she realizes that he is heading toward the beach...

Gonna need his help!  Nereid's link is still down - hope she's O.K.

Frantically, Angelfish begins typing.

WARRIOR  WAR NOT OVER  STIL N M E 2 FITE  NEED UR HELP
Ty'daal
 player, 217 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 03:00
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal stops, looking about almost in a sarcastic manner, then replies "I see no enemy, and I have been long from the sea, soon your atmosphere will begin to affect my physiology."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 03:01, Sat 12 July 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 845 posts
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 21:28
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian:
Ishida-san turns to you. "That announcement! I don't think the city government is putting us under marial law because of the emergency; I think martial law is the emergency." He puts the convertible into reverse, and floors the pedal once again, backing through tank-dust toward Angelfish at breakneck speed. "If the Tinker is trying to become the new government of Akamai City, what does he plan to do with the old government?"

Angelfish:
Ishida's midlife-crisis-mobile squeals to a stop next to you. "Contact Nereid! I know what the Tinker is up to! Mayor Arakawa is in danger!"
Amm-Fibian
 player, 348 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 20:44
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Amm-Fibian watches the golden arches of a McDonald's from the car and sighs...

"With his Martial crippled, how can Tinker hope to uphold Law? But, if time is indeed of the essence, then Timekeeper is who we need."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:21, Mon 14 July 2014.

Nereid
 player, 237 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 22:02
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
In reply to Amm-Fibian (msg # 145):

Nereid fires up the telepathic link

Hey , sorry to check out...I am more than a little wiped out...so anyone else got a visual on that VTOL? Even better a plan to knock it down?
Angelfish
 player, 176 posts
Wed 16 Jul 2014
at 20:50
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty

Angelfish is beginning to feel a little dizzy from the swift changes in her world...

A vacation, that's what we need...  weren't we trying to "get away from it all", oh, about a hundred years ago?

None-the-less, she grins at Ishida with relief, and returns her focus to the matter at hand.

{Nereid!  I've got Ishida and Ian here with me.  Ty'daal is retiring from the field, apparently.  The "martial law" announcement is coming from a VTOL?  Nothing flying here...  Ishida-san thinks The Tinker is going after the mayor.  Does anyone know where he is?  Do we have anyone near his office or his home?}
Amm-Fibian
 player, 351 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Wed 16 Jul 2014
at 21:40
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"Well, if this were my home city, the mayor would be in his giant clamshell home, or the giant nautilus shell town chambers building. Let's go to whatever equivalent you have here.
Also, if we could find a broadcast system to counteract the Tinker's broadcasts, that would be swell."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:00, Wed 16 July 2014.

Time Keeper
 player, 226 posts
Wed 16 Jul 2014
at 21:50
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Time keeper connects to nereid's mind  ~the mayors in trouble at his residence I'm heading over there now get the team over there as soon as I might need back up~

OOC: cross thread post :)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 851 posts
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 02:33
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian, Angelfish:
Ishida-san says "City Hall is in the Grove, but the Mayor's Residence isn't far from here. Get in!" Then he realized that Ian is already in the roadster's single passenger seat. "Er... climb on!"

Ty'daal:
You are definitely beginning to feel the effects of dehydration. The sea is calling you... But there are fire hydrants close by, and they're fragile by your standards; it's fresh water, but it might do in an emergency...

[OOC: Your choice; gain 1 Determination for "Dehydration", and begin losing Strength; or commit an act of vandalism in order to keep going a while longer.]
Ty'daal
 player, 220 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 02:48
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Sighing, Ty'daal stomps over to a fire hydrant and kicks it free of its mount to the sidewalk and lets the water wash over him. The chemically processed water is somewhat irritating to him mentally, but he absorbs it into his cells before forming another 'suit' of water over his skin.

Turning, he walks over to Angelfish and asks, "Very well, champion, where are we needed?"

(I'll take the offer of water, do I need to pay a determination for that, or just not gain one?)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 854 posts
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 03:08
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal:
[OOC: You don't gain a Determination... yet. It's anyone's guess what those water-softeners and de-salination chemicals will do to you... 3:)

What I really need here is a smiley with horns...
Edited to include smiley with horns.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:12, Fri 18 July 2014.

Nereid
 player, 243 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 20:11
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 152):

Time Keeper:
Time keeper connects to nereid's mind  ~the mayors in trouble at his residence I'm heading over there now get the team over there as soon as I might need back up~



So team...you "heard" the man.
Angelfish
 player, 180 posts
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 04:58
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish climbs gingerly up onto the rear deck of the little convertible, and tries to find a handhold.

This would be a lot easier if Dexie were configured as the hatchback...



{Well, Warrior, you can hop on or you can just run along side} She grins impudently at Ty'daal.

{Just take it easy kyoushi, I'm pretty sure Dexie here can take the strain, but I'm not sure I can hang on!}


(OOC: I figure a car like this needs a name.  In the real world, it's the Daihatsu D-X (or D-Cross), so... Dexie.  It's supposed to be a "Transformer-like" vehicle, with different body panels used to make it into a roadster, a hatchback, even a van...  Whether Ishida-san likes to idea of Angela naming his car is up to Dain.)
Ty'daal
 player, 223 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 12:12
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"I have it covered, champion," Ty'daal replies, gesturing and forming a slide from water pouring out of the hydrant and beginning to 'surf' along it following the car.

(I imagine it being transportation like classic Iceman did, especially as seen in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 862 posts
Fri 25 Jul 2014
at 00:17
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish, Ian, Ty'daal:
[Continue in thread E4S9 - Mayor's Residence.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:48, Fri 29 Aug 2014.