E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - T, A, I.   Posted by DainXB - GM.Group: 0
Time Keeper
 player, 199 posts
Sat 24 May 2014
at 06:08
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Time keeper comes out of his daze and as he does so he says a silent thank you to the spirits for their help.

"I am sorry my friend but my people are in trouble and they need my help" with that he grabs the time stream and is a blur as he rides it across the city at breakneck speed.
Ty'daal
 player, 201 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 6/4
Sat 24 May 2014
at 15:10
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal's warrior instincts kick in and he launches a rapid burst of small globes of water from the 'shoulder' of the construct and they fly outwards intercepting the laser fire, robbing them of their heat energy as both water interceptors and laser blasts disappear in puffs of steam.

(11:04, Today: Ty'daal rolled 6,2 using d6,d6. Water Contol (Defend) +5 for a total of +9.)

This message was last edited by the player at 15:10, Sat 24 May 2014.

Angelfish
 player, 161 posts
Sun 25 May 2014
at 03:12
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish's irritation with Techknight and his cavalier attitude toward collateral damage is swiftly replace with sheer awe at Ty'daal's "water-mecha"  and both are overwhelmed with the realization that the Last Warrior is right - they are at war!

Techknight is down, but too far to reach for the moment - the VTOLs however have turned their attention to Ty'daal!

Sure don't look miniaturized to me...


Angelfish takes aim and fires on the closest VTOL  Let's just keep the odds fair - two against one is just not right...

(OOC: 22:06, Today: Angelfish rolled 2,5 using d6,d6. Open fire on the VTOL.
-3 +6 (Coordination) = +3)


As the missiles take flight, Angelfish thinks, What this team really needs is communications and coordination...  Peanut Butter Popsicle anyone?
DainXB - GM
 GM, 770 posts
Sun 25 May 2014
at 05:14
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish:
Your missiles almost strike home--those VTOLs are extremely agile in flight! The missiles detonate as soon as they lose their target-lock; they're programmed to avoid collateral damage when possible.

From the direction of the MIB tower, you hear a grinding rumble. You're about to have more company...

Ty'daal:
[OOC: When your species goes to war, it is epic!]
The steam from your water interceptors produces a layer of hot fog above the city streets, and the VTOLs slow to a hover, spining on their axes as the turrets beneath their noses seek back and forth.

Loud enough to be heard even through your "water strider", you hear TechKnight's over-amplified voice coming from the building he crashed into. "Thermal targeting! They're blinded by the fog! Hit 'em!"

Time Keeper:
[OOC: Continue in thread E3S8 - Liloa!]
Ty'daal
 player, 202 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 6/4
Sun 25 May 2014
at 05:38
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal extends his arm and the constructs arm weaves outwards, stretching to envelop the VTOLs. The warrior is not so much hitting the aircraft, but attempting to submerge them and effectively flood all of their mechanical and electrical systems with seawater.

(01:34, Today: Ty'daal rolled 3,1 using d6,d6 with rolls of 3,1. Water Control (Shaping). Total: +7)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 774 posts
Tue 27 May 2014
at 16:52
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal:
[OOC: Your Water Control power has the defense and shaping extras; to attack with it you have to tag an Aspect and spend 1 Determination. Either Noble Warrior or Water-Born certainly apply. :).]

The VTOLs have an uncanny ability to coordinate with one anothers movements; they react almost as efficiently as schooling fish or flocking birds. One moves higher, testing the limits of the steam-fog, the other darts downward, trying to get underneath the layer--but your construct's arm engulfs it instead!

It's turbofans weren't designed to move anything as dense as seawater. The VTOL loses all lift, and plummets! The lights on the nose-turret go dark and sparks fly as salt water shorts out the mechanism!

[OOC: It'll either hit the street and crash, or you can keep "hold" of it. Either way, this one is out of the fight!]
Angelfish
 player, 162 posts
Tue 27 May 2014
at 17:42
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
The VTOL dodges nimbly and Angelfish's missile detonates harmlessly in mid-air...

Crap! Those guys are quick!

The aircraft split up, dodging around Ty'daal - or at least trying to... As the Last Warrior engulfs one, shorting it's systems, Angelfish takes a more careful aim on the second...

(OOC: 12:35, Today: Angelfish rolled 1,5 using d6,d6. This one's mine!  (Shoot the VTOL). -4 + 6 (coordination) + +2  The Dice Roller continues to mock me...)

...and snarls silently in frustration as yet another set of missiles glide past their darting target...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 779 posts
Fri 30 May 2014
at 04:46
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish:
Your target VTOL may be temporarily blinded by the steam and fog Ty'daal created--but it can track back missile contrails once they come above that fast-dissipating layer. It's chin turret snaps to face your direction, and the pulse lasers fire!

[OOC: Test Coordination vs Difficulty 4. The lasers do 5 Stamina on a hit.]

Angelfish, Ty'daal:
TechKnight launches from the rubbled side of the building he crashed into, trying to fly just below the fog. "Heads up, people--we've got heavy trouble headed this way!" He says, firing both forearm-lasers at something further down the street, past the jam of abandoned cars.
Ty'daal
 player, 204 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 5/4
Sat 31 May 2014
at 01:30
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal, with but a thought, lets water carry him upwards further into the sky so that he can get a better view of what TechKnight is firing at. He stands upon a pillar of water extending out of the 'head' of the construct looking across the city.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 783 posts
Sat 31 May 2014
at 01:39
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal:
Two of the strange armored vehicles are grinding toward you, having abandoned their posts at the nearest corners of the MIB building.
Ty'daal
 player, 205 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 5/4
Sat 31 May 2014
at 01:44
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal lowers himself back into the chest before moving quickly onto a side street and crouching down behind a building, intending to ambush the armored vehicles as they roll past.
Angelfish
 player, 163 posts
Sat 31 May 2014
at 05:15
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
The snarl turns to a startled yelp as the VTOL turns it's lasers on Angelfish...

(OOC: 23:54, Today: Angelfish rolled 2,3 using d6,d6. Evade!!!
-1 + 6 (coordination) = +5)

She dives forward, tumbling and rolling away from the laser blasts, allowing the VTOL's momentum to take it overhead and past her.

Sprawled in the sand, Angelfish takes aim once more..

(OOC: 00:07, Today: Angelfish rolled 1,6 using d6,d6. Third time's the charm..
-5 + 6 (coordination)= +1


...and again, the VTOL dodges the literal bullet!

Targeting must have gotten damaged wrestling sharks...  Lousy time for it...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 788 posts
Sat 31 May 2014
at 21:12
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish:
[OOC: You could use Determined Effort on that last shot if you like, since you've already tried the task and failed once. It would cost you 2 Determination to turn that roll into a hit.
Alternatively, I'll give you 1 Determination for the Temporary Challenge you just came up with: Targetting System Damaged, making your missiles useless until repaired.]


Ty'daal:
TechKnight's laser fire scores down the side of the lead tank, damaging it's machinegun turrets. The tank's main turret spins and elevates, tracking him...

CRACK! The cannon fires with a sound like a lightning strike, and TechKnight cuts his jets, dropping to a hard landing on the pavement. The cannon shell blasts bricks out of the corner of a nearby building.

The second tank's turret turns to face your water-mecha! CRACK!

[OOC: Defend vs Difficulty 6. The cannon does 7 Stamina on a hit.]

Ian:
Four blocks from the MIB HQ, Ishida-san is forced to stop. The road ahead is blocked solid with abandoned cars. Even his tiny roadster can't make it by driving on the sidewalks.

In the distance, you can hear sirens, the sound of gunfire, and occasional explosions. Terrified people crowd the storefronts nearby, peering out through the windows or peeking from behind whatever meager cover they can find.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:44, Sat 31 May 2014.

Amm-Fibian
 player, 332 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 02:08
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Amm-Fib'ian gets out of the sportster and begins making his way on foot.
Ty'daal
 player, 206 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 5/4
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 02:14
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal blasts the shot aside with a stream of high pressure water.

(22:12, Today: Ty'daal rolled 5,1 using d6,d6 with rolls of 5,1. Water Control (Defend). Total: +9)
Nereid
 player, 214 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 02:40
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish:
As the missiles take flight, Angelfish thinks, What this team really needs is communications and coordination...  Peanut Butter Popsicle anyone?


It takes a few moments but Angelfish hears a reply

I am near the hospital...we have invaders with robotic tanks and high tech infantry.
Speaking of robotic tanks I stuck inside one! I tried to shut it down and became trapped inside.

What is your situation? out link is weak you'll need to "think at me".


Angelfish
 player, 164 posts
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 02:52
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 94):

(OOC: Amusing as the concept is, I'm thinking that being without missiles until she can get the tracking system repaired would pretty much take Angelfish out of the fight.  I'll spend the Determination.  Should I go ahead and re-set that scene?)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 792 posts
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 00:42
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal:
High velocity water meets hypervelocity projectile! The result is a deflected trajectory and the massive conversion of kinetic energy into heat--and steam! A successful defense--but at a cost; you're losing water-mass every time you block an attack. Eventually, you'll need to find more water...

[OOC: Gain 1 Determination for the Temporary Challenge Dry Land.]

The tanks advance toward you, powering over parked or abandoned cars that happen to be in their way...

Angelfish:
[OOC: I'll reset. :)]
Sprawled in the sand, Angelfish takes aim once more.

...and again, the VTOL dodges the literal bullet!

Targeting must have gotten damaged wrestling sharks...  Lousy time for it...

The missile, meters above it's target and in free-flight, self-destructs per it's safety protocols. Fragments rain down--and are sucked into the VTOL's turbofans! Revving madly, the engines begin to smoke as the VTOL looses lift and altitude. The explosion when the turbines begin to shed blades into the fuselage is impressive and impressively loud. Debris rains down on you, but oddly, most of the fragments of the VTOL vanish as they fall. Almost none of it reaches the ground...

Ian:
Three blocks from the MIB tower, you encounter a battle in progress! Ty'daal, surrounded by a towering mass of water shaped into a sleek bipedal form, is engaged in combat with a pair of Toomey's tanks. Angelfish is sprawled on the ground, a block away, having just shot down one of the VTOL drones.

From across the street, you see TechKnight charging the lead tank. He leaps, his boot-jets barely firing, and lands on top of the turret. "That's it, you misuse of technology! No. More. Shooting!" He shouts, bracing his legs and wrestling with the railgun barrel.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:44, Mon 02 June 2014.

Angelfish
 player, 165 posts
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 02:28
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Angelfish's eyes widen and her mouth drops open as the VTOL disintegrates...

Okaaayy... That was weird...

She climbs to her feet, looking around to follow Ty'daal...

quote:
I am near the hospital...we have invaders with robotic tanks and high tech infantry.
Speaking of robotic tanks I stuck inside one! I tried to shut it down and became trapped inside.
What is your situation? out link is weak you'll need to "think at me".


{Nereid?!  Damn! It worked!}

Turning the volume up, Angelfish quickly types a message, WARRIOR  THINK HARD 2 NEREID  SHE CAN HELP    TECHKNIGHT FRIEND TRAPD N TANK  B CAREFL

Message sent, she turns her attention to Nereid,

{Ty'daal and I put ashore at Nimitz Beach, we're fighting our way down Māka'ikiu Ave. toward the MIB building.  TechKnight was already part of the fight when we got here.  Ishida and Ian went back to the lab.  Haven't seen Todd or T.K.  VTOL's patrolling the beach and city.  How can we tell which tank you're in?!  I don't want TechKnight to blast you!!!}

(OOC: I gave the street we're on a name to make it easier to discuss the terrain.  I'll change it if you have something else in mind...)

Amm-Fibian
 player, 333 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 06:43
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Amm-Fib'ian analyzes the VTOL crash to try to understand why it vanished.
Angelfish
 player, 166 posts
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 03:15
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
(OOC: Do we have a map, or at least explicit description of where the MIB building is as compared to the hospital?  And where are Angelfish, Ty'daal, and TechKnight in relation to both?)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 794 posts
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 03:50
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
In reply to Angelfish (msg # 102):

[OOC: There's no map, as such. At least not yet. :) In lieu of one, here's the general layout of the city:

In the center: The Grove (part shopping center, part cultural center)
Northwest: Nimitz Bay (commercial port, and the commercial and industrial center of the city. Both Blue Sea R&D & Dr. Taggart's business Ancient Sea Antiques are located here. Across the bay, on a clear day, you can see Honolulu.)
Between Nimitz Bay and the Grove: Bayside Heights (affluent shopping and residential district. The MIB HQ is on the border between Nimitz Bay and Bayside Heights.)
Northeast: The Shoals (Akamai City's "chinatown"/"litle saigon"; home of Todd, and the Finest Yakitori Cafe, where he works. Not to mention Mr. Chen's Pai-Gow Palace and the Pagoda Terrace Hotel.)
Southeast: Liloa (middle-to-lower-income residential neighborhood)
South Central: Downtown (financial district, home of various corporate headquarters, the Mayor's house, the DTN News building, and Kuakini General Hospital. Also the University and Pacific Time Clock & Watch shop.)
Southwest: Moanamoku (semi-residential neighborhood; this is where Kuailo Marina and Det. Jones' houseboat are located.)


There must be other (as yet un-detailed) neighborhoods tucked between some of these. For example, I'm sure Downtown doesn't extend all the way to the southern shore of the island, so there must be something south of Downtown...]


[OOC: Here's where everybody is right now: Angelfish, Ty'daal, Ian, and TechKnight are west of the MIB HQ, heading east up Māka'ikiu Avenue. Dr. Ishida is a couple of blocks north, with his car. Detective Jones is in the MIB tower. Southeast of you as the crow flies is Downtown, where Nereid and Beeline are trying to protect the Hospital. Even further southeast, Todd, Timekeeper, and Haikili are engaged near the Liloa Police Station. Todd last saw Storm Warden in the Shoals. If Tropic Lightning is engaged by the Tinker's forces, he hasn't been spotted yet.]
DainXB - GM
 GM, 796 posts
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 03:56
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian:
[OOC: Test Intellect vs a Difficulty of 5 to figure out why it vanished.]

Angelfish, Ty'daal:
[OOC: Simultaneously with that, both of you can act in any order you choose!]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 334 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 07:08
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
OOC: : Amm-Fibian rolled 4,2 using d6,d6 ((4,2))
2 + 9 Int + 2 Investigation = 13 Total


Amm-Fibian snaps his fingers in his Dry-Suit, which makes no noise.
"Vanishing VTOL's! That's it!"
Ty'daal
 player, 207 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 6/4
Fri 6 Jun 2014
at 21:25
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
After blasting the projectile away, Ty'daal stands and springs at the tank, bringing the water constructs fists together then sailing down to hammer the top of the tank and crush it.

(17:22, Today: Ty'daal rolled 4,1 using d6,d6 with rolls of 4,1. Smash tank (Prowess +3). Total: +6, if that hits it is Strength (8) damage.)