E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - T, A, I.   Posted by DainXB - GM.Group: 0
DainXB - GM
 GM, 801 posts
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 18:43
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian:
It's all in the timing... Toomey shrunk the stolen prototype tank and VTOL, then the industrial pantograph, then himself. Then he raided the MIB building for supplies to build his copies... It was much easier than stealing full-size materials and shrinking them. But there's a flaw in that plan; each tank and aircraft, despite their current size, is made of only a few grams of material! "Un-shrinking" to full size must make the individual molecules almost big enough to see--and their inter-molecular bonds incredibly fragile! Any sufficiently-large impact disrupts the expanded bonds, causing the molecules to return to their original size.

Ty'daal:
The tank rings like a bell as your doubled water-fists rain down upon it. [OOC: Couldn't resist the "rain" pun. Sorry. :)] You feel the pebble-surfaced metal begin to buckle... Then, suddenly, the entire front segment of the tank shatters to dust!

The rear half of the articulated vehicle grinds to a halt, spitting sparks from the exposed cabling at the now-open juncture between the halves--a juncture that continues to crumble for just a moment; pebbled steel eroding away as you watch.

[OOC: Angelfish is up next!]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 335 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 20:48
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Amm-Fibian turns to Ishida, "We need to cause a city wide shockwave... something large enough to vibrate those molecules... but not large enough to knock down the city."
Angelfish
 player, 167 posts
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 04:39
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
{Nereid?  Nereid?}  Damn, I've lost the signal!  I hope she's O.K.

Jogging up Māka'ikiu Avenue to chatch up to Ty'daal, Angelfish is just in time to see the Last Warrior smash a tank with a massive aquatic fist.

Not "smash"... "shatter"! It shattered into dust, just like the VTOL!  Something in the un-miniaturization process must make them brittle!

{Nereid!!!  If you can hear me - the tanks are brittle!!!  A hard, sharp blow should make them crumble!!!}

Unsure as to whether Nereid has gotten her message, Angelfish seeks to test her own hypothesis. Sighting another tank positioned near the MIB building, she targets not the tank, but an overhanging ledge above it!

Pretty sure this is destruction of public property and a bunch of other crimes and misdeamenors...  MIB will just have to write me a ticket!

(OOC:23:35, Today: Angelfish rolled 4,2 using d6,d6. Drop ledge on tank!
+2 + 6 (coordination) = +8)


Aiming carefully, Angelfish fires a missle into the corner of the building.  A chunk of masonry drops away like an iceberg calving to drop onto the unsuspecting tank below!
DainXB - GM
 GM, 807 posts
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 06:18
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian:
Dr. Ishida grimmaces. "This city is built on a mass of solid coral--mutated brain coral, to be exact--but a shockwave powerful enough to do what you suggest would be powerful enough to shatter the foundation of the entire island!"
He looks around, desperate for ideas. "We need something directional, like a focused shockwave creating atmospheric overpressure..."

Angelfish:
The MIB building has already lost all it's notionally-bulletproof windows (thanks to Ian); the loss of a chunk reinforced concrete and steel probably won't get you arrested...

Like ice calving off a glacier, the jagged chunk seems to move in slow motion--but once it begins to fall it accellerates, and it slams into the rear hull of the tank whose turret TechKnight is wrestling with! The suspension collapses under the sudden impact, just as TechKnight shoves hard enough to rip the turret free. The pile of twisted masonry and steel sags to the ground as if there was suddenly nothing underneath it...

"That was a little close, don't you think?" TechKnight says, getting airborne again. "My radar shows two more VTOLs inbound; we've got about a minute and a half..." He pauses. "Hey! There was a tank at each corner of the MIB building before; we aced two... Where'd the other two go?"

Ty'daal:
TechKnight's question is partly answered by the appearance of a third war machine--but it's artificial intelligence has learned caution; for all it's bulk, it is taking advantage of the cover provided by the building's debris, creeping forward in a cloud of masonry dust. With a hypersonic crack, it snipes at your water-strider with it's railgun!

[OOC: Defend vs Difficulty 6. The cannon does 7 Stamina on a hit.]

"They're getting sneaky!" TechKnight says, hovering and spining on his axis to scan in all directions. "Look out for number fou---" Crack! A railgun shot knocks him out of the air!

[OOC: After Ty'daal's defense, you can all act in any order you choose!]
Ty'daal
 player, 209 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 6/4
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 14:19
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
The shot impacts into the construct, the force rattling the warrior inside and sending it collapsing in a splash to the ground. Ty'daal stands slowly, now encased in a smaller power-armor like suit of armor. His gaze falls upon the tank and he prepares himself to rip it apart with his bare hands.

(10:16, Today: Ty'daal rolled 1,4 using d6,d6. Water Control (Defense) +5. Total: +2. Takes 7 stamina damage,)
Amm-Fibian
 player, 336 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 20:42
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"Directed shockwave... well, Todd & Ty'daal could probably manage those with their fists.
Brain Coral though... even better. What about a psychic shockwave? A bio-electrical pulse upwards from the coral. Same effect, less property damage. Perhaps our dear Nereid, in cooperation with the Brain Coral could set it off."

DainXB - GM
 GM, 810 posts
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 21:15
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian:
Dr. Ishida, crouching behind an abandoned car for cover, blinks hard as he tries to wrap his head around your plan. "That... that might work! If the Brain Coral kaiju is still alive, down there... even only a little..." Then his hope falls. "Have you seen Nereid lately? Do you have a way to contact her, in all this confusion?" He waves his hand at the raging battle, then fiddles with a dial on the side of his peculiar headset. "I can barely contact Angela..."

[OOC: Anyone can act, in any order you choose! (Including Ian; word balloons take no time).]
Nereid
 player, 220 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 00:37
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 113):

Though the link has been up this whole time, Nereid is back "on line" ...

Sorry, having to concentrate on keeping the link up, and not dying...

We are switching tanks this one is blocking the road to the hospital...When you say brittle, remember I am only really, really athletic and not super strong.  My new friend Beeline can't stop them with his stinger blasts. But if whacking it would work I'll see if he is like super strong. Like Human Bee strong...that would be strong right?

DainXB - GM
 GM, 816 posts
Mon 23 Jun 2014
at 00:02
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
[OOC: Anyone can act, in any order you choose! (Including Ian; word balloons take no time). Telepathy also takes no time. :)]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 337 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Mon 23 Jun 2014
at 20:19
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"Nereid, Good to hear from you. It's been a while. How are those life things you do in the day to day existence? Have you seen any exciting games of ball lately? Anyway, I need a favor. Can you try to psychically contact the Kaiju Brain Coral beneath the city and cooperate with it to send a Bio-Electric Pulse through the city? Did you catch that last part, it's very important?"
Ty'daal
 player, 210 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 6/4
Mon 23 Jun 2014
at 20:32
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal takes one bounding leap, snaps a street light pole at the base and hurls it at the tank that had fired at him like some hyper-accelerated bullet with his immense strength.

(16:28, Today: Ty'daal rolled 6,1 using d6,d6 with rolls of 6,1. Lamp pole javelin (+4). Total: +9. Not sure on the damage here, if its based on my strength its 8.)
Nereid
 player, 223 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Tue 24 Jun 2014
at 15:39
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
In reply to Ty'daal (msg # 117):


Amm-Fibian, it is good to "see" you again as well, things are good...well I have shadow creatures murdering people, magic ninjas attacking me, and now an automated army. But it's good...bust but good.

Then the immense implication of what is being asked sinks in...


Whoah...we have  Kaiju brain coral underneath the city? and you want me to ask it to release an biologically created EMP?

One possible issue there...what about the VTOLs? They might fall on innocent people after being shorted out.

Also, Ian I am going to need your help tuning into the Kaiju Brain Coral if we do this.



OOC: So, if we decide to do this (the falling VTOLs is a possible reason to not do it) , what do i need to roll to contact the KBC?

Also, having Ian picture the creature in his mind as a way to contact it (which is what I am going to ask him to do next) could be just narration or maybe a bonus to my action? what do you think Dain?

Angelfish
 player, 168 posts
Wed 25 Jun 2014
at 20:50
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
As Ty'daal seems to have Tank #3 well in hand, Angelfish takes aim at Tank #4...

Just need to hit it hard enough...

In her head, the voices of her friends and teammates dicuss possible endgames...

{Nereid, the streets around here are pretty empty.  I don't think droping the VTOLS will cause any more havoc than they already are. Of course, waking the Kaiju... that might be a whole different situation...

Ian, where are you?  I thought you were at the lab...}


(OOC: 15:30, Today: Angelfish rolled 1,1 using d6,d6. Crack the tank.
0 + 6 (coordination)= +6)

Amm-Fibian
 player, 339 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Thu 26 Jun 2014
at 05:21
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"Ishida and I came to help. As for the VTOL'S, they should shrink before doing to much damage. I'll have Ishida visualize the coral Kaiju, he has studied them... I hope."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 818 posts
Thu 26 Jun 2014
at 21:56
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal:
Your javelin strikes true! (All that spear-fishing pays off, apparently.) The impact shatters the tank's front armor, and sends shock-waves through the pebbly-surfaced metal. The plating begins to lose cohesion, collapsing into microscopic powder!

With it's main turret out of action, the tank unleashes a spray of machine-gun fire!

[OOC: Defend against a Difficulty of 3. The MGs do 5 Stamina on a hit.]

Angelfish:
Your missiles spiral in to their target, detonating across it's surface! A solid hit, but your warheads are optimized to create shockwaves underwater, not in air. The blasts scour the tank's surface, but don't breach the armor.

Blinded by the explosions, the tank plows forward into the avenue, heedless of everything in front of it--including you!

[OOC: Test Coordination vs a Difficulty of 3 to get out of the way in time! Being run over by this thing does 7 Stamina!]

Ian:
Nereid seems to need assistance in comprehending exactly what sort of intelligence the Kaiju Brain Coral possesses. It's an interesting question; thanks to your experiences using the T.U.N.A. you're very familiar with human brains, and even some animal brains; conscious, self-directed mutant coral colonies, on the other hand...

[OOC: Test Intelligence vs a Difficulty of 7. Your final Effort can be applied to Nereid's attempt.]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 340 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 05:47
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
OOC: Amm-Fibian rolled 3,5 using d6,d6 = -2 + 9 = 7
Exactly on Target. (Can I get some sort of boost for Ishida's help?)


"Okay, begin by thinking of a normal human brain, and then blend in animal elements. Now add a hard yet crunchy shell..."

This message was last edited by the player at 05:48, Fri 27 June 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 820 posts
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 20:55
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ishida-san, crouched behind a car for cover, says "The kaiju was spawned by the Castle Bravo atomic test in 1954. The theory is that exposure to strontium-90 caused the coral-building polyps to become hyperactive. Their biochemical 'networking' capability was enhanced as well--but the colony creature seemed to be entirely instinct-driven." He ducks down as Angelfish's missile-strike flares brightly. "You can't reason with it, but every organism reacts to danger or the threat of danger... If Brain Coral felt that it was at risk somehow..."

[OOC: Ishida's Intellect gives you a +1, meaning that your total generates a +1 bonus for Nereid. You can give her some insight on how to manipulate the 'emotions' of a primitive and instinctive creature.]
Angelfish
 player, 169 posts
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 03:17
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Blinded by the missle explosion, the tank lumbers forward - and Angelfish is right in the path!

(OOC: 21:59, Today: Angelfish rolled 1,5 using d6,d6. Tank Dodge!
-4 + 6 (coordination)+2 (acrobatics) = +4)


She tucks and rolls, tumbling off the curb and into the deserted street, the tank lurching past so close that she's sure it brushes her heel...

Taking a few deep breaths at the close call, Angelfish is sudenly cognizent of just what Amm-Fibian has been saying...

{Ishida?!  IAN!!!  You brought Ishida-san here?!  What were you thinking?!}
Amm-Fibian
 player, 341 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 03:44
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"Oh that's an easy one! I was thinking that Ishida could help with the current city under attack situation, plus I can't drive a vehicle... Well not within human laws anyway. I was also thinking that it's too bad our new dolphin friend couldn't join us, but he's not entirely comfortable in his land legs yet. Oh, and I was thinking..."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:47, Sat 28 June 2014.

Ty'daal
 player, 211 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 6/4
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 06:30
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ty'daal sprints in an evading pattern towards the tank allowing a portion of water to flow out of his armor in a continuous, looping stream creating a thin, shimmering wall of water that catches the sunlight in a glare so that the tank cannot get a clear idea of where he is going to be and the bullets miss their mark.

(02:22, Today: Ty'daal rolled 2,2 using d6,d6 with rolls of 2,2. Water Control (Defend) +5. Total: +5)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 824 posts
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 20:35
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian, Angelfish:
The fourth cyber-tank, having narrowly missed running over Angelfish, is now grinding blindly forward toward the row of abandoned cars sheltering Ian and Ishida!

Ty'daal:
The rear segment of the tank you're approaching deploys a pop-up missile rack from it's upper surface. Six brutal-looking warheads are prepared to fire--although, without a forward hull the machine's targeting must be impaired. Those missiles could scatter-fire, devastating blocks of the city!

[OOC: You can all act, in any order you choose.]
Nereid
 player, 227 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 21:03
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 127):


OOC: Repost from "my" home thread


Nereid drops everyone but Ian and Ishida so she can concentrate...

Here mind expands, and she searches for the Kaiju Brain Coral's "signal".

Nereid has never pushed herself so hard, so far...

there it is...

Oh Ian this is more complicated that you made it sound buddy...

How does it react? are those emotions? it is like waves of color and sound...so beautiful .


Beeline notices her beginning to strain at the immense effort this is taking.

Now to manipulate its emotions...

Oh no, the Bio-MP is a defense mechanism.

Sorry...your going to have to become very scared for a very short period of time...

Now!


Nereid shakes and gasps as she drops all telepathic links due to the strain. She curls up in a fetal position.

If that worked we should be getting the Bio-electic pulse very soon... she says to no one in particular .


OOC: Stunting for Rangeless Telepathy and spending determined effort to gain at least a moderate success (unless Dain feels I need a Major success)

Emotion Control 3 +1 (Telepathy aid) +1 (Ian aid) + (2d6-7) hoping for a 7

16:49, Today: Nereid rolled -1 using 2d6-7. Connect with the Brain Coral.

4 spending 1 point of Determination for 6, another for 8 and achieving my goal and spending all 3 Determination points in a single action.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:05, Sat 28 June 2014.

Amm-Fibian
 player, 342 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Sun 29 Jun 2014
at 01:36
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Amm-Fibian taps Ishida-San on the shoulder and points to the approaching tank.
"Let's hope this bio-blast goes off soon and effectively."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 826 posts
Sun 29 Jun 2014
at 04:57
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
Ian:
Ishida-san looks in the direction you're pointing. "In the mean time--run!"

[OOC: You can all act, in any order you choose. It'll take a page for the vast, networked mind of Brain Coral to react to Nereid's proding.]

Amm-Fibian
 player, 343 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Sun 29 Jun 2014
at 07:33
Re: E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ - A, Ty
"Oh, yes, run."
Amm-fibian runs as best he can in the bulky suit.