E4S6 - Akamai City - Nereid.   Posted by DainXB - GM.Group: 0
DainXB - GM
 GM, 722 posts
Sun 20 Apr 2014
at 04:57
E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper
Time Keeper:
Leaving David at the ferry dock, you streak through the streets of Akamai City. Your vision showed widespread panic and destruction, but everything seems deceptively normal...

Until a strangely-futuristic VTOL aircraft comes into sight around the side of an office tower, raining streams of pulse-laser fire and melting holes into the street ahead of you!

[OOC: Test Coordination vs a Difficulty of 5.]
Time Keeper
 player, 184 posts
Thu 24 Apr 2014
at 13:07
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper
OOC:14:06, Today: Time Keeper rolled 2 using 2d6-7. coordination roll (6). total 8

DainXB - GM
 GM, 726 posts
Fri 25 Apr 2014
at 00:55
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper
Time Keeper:
You dodge easily between the rapidly-forming potholes--unfortunately, some of the traffic is not so dextrous; a silver mini-van and a burgundy sedan both zig when they should have zagged, sideswiping one another and screeching to a halt directly in the path of the staccatto laser blasts!

[OOC: Gain 1 Determination for the new Temporary Challenge "Endangered Citizens".]

...aaand it gets worse: you hear a shriek of turbines as a second VTOL banks into view from beyond a different office tower!
Time Keeper
 player, 187 posts
Tue 29 Apr 2014
at 11:17
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper
seeing the accident take place and the passengers in the vehicles in danger now they had stopped instinct took over. The master of time, already riding the time stream, used his considerable mental control over it to put the breaks on time itself and rewind it.

Suddenly he was heading down the street again was the VTOLs came into view. At the same moment he saw the same two vehicles that moments before had crashed.

Stopping he rapped part of his mind round the time lines of one vehicle and pulled on it slowing time for the passengers as they headed for disaster. At the same time he grabbed the time lines to the other vehicle and whipped them up so that they made waves building up speed as they travelled towards the other vehicle. As they hit their momentum pushed the vehicle forward speeding it passed the other and hopefully out of danger.


OOC: 12:18, Today: Time Keeper rolled 4 using 2d6-7. precog roll (6) Total 10 will spend a determination if needed

This message was last edited by the player at 11:19, Tue 29 Apr 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 735 posts
Tue 29 Apr 2014
at 16:58
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper
Time Keeper:
[OOC: That's a Major Success on the dice, but you still need to spend 1 Determination to use the retcon stunt, and 1 to stunt Time Control off your Super-Speed.]

Twisting time around yourself, speeding it and slowing it simultaneously, you find yourself riding a rising wave of temporal energy. For a moment--if the term "moment" has any meaning--you are literally living in the future, seeing things before they happen.

Amm-Fib'ian is in danger! In time's eye you see him, wearing some sort of "diving suit" similar to Angelfish's, lying on a carpeted floor. The bubble helmet, full of water, is cracked in a dozen places and leaking. Faint swirls of greenish blood drift out of Ian's ears into the rapidly-depleting water. Detective Jones is trying to drag the heavy suit, yelling "It has to be sea water! We've got to get him to the ocean! He'll die without it!" You see jagged, splintered glass lying all over the carpet, and behind Ian and the Detective the openings in the building's walls where windows once looked out over Akamai City.

The view makes their location clear; about a quarter of the way up the north side of the Multinational Investigation Bureau's headquarters building!

The two vehicles narrowly miss one another, as you knew they would, and both speed away from the prowling VTOLs. The city is under attack by unknown foes, Ian is in danger, and Time is Running Out!
Time Keeper
 player, 188 posts
Tue 29 Apr 2014
at 20:13
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper
Seeing his plan had worked now it was "Time" to safe Ian. Knowing the location his mind travelled the super highway of time to the source of the image he'd seen.

Pulling the time stream towards himself he shot forward at unimaginable speed through the streets of the city and vertically up the building to the floor he knew his friend lay dying.

OOC: 21:14, Today: Time Keeper rolled 0 using 2d6-7. Super speed (7). Total 7

This message was last edited by the player at 20:15, Tue 29 Apr 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 738 posts
Thu 1 May 2014
at 21:56
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Time Keeper:
[OOC: You're now in thread E4S3 - Multinational Investigation Bureau HQ! But don't worry, you'll be back soon. :)]

Todd:
After a night of sleeping like the dead, your morning "communion" with μ-90 is cut short by a sound like earthmoving equipment right outside your apartment. It's loud, it's obnixious, and it's making the whole building vibrate! You leave your meditative trance in an annoyed state of mind--then you hear the machinegun fire!

Outside your window, in the street, is a tank. It's treads are so wide that it's up on the curb, grinding straight over fire hydrants and parked cars. It's twice as long as any tank you've ever seen pictures of, and jointed in the middle so that it can make wide turns or cross steep elevations. The flat forward turret has a radome on top and a square-bored cannon that looks like the ting in that YouTube video that was going around; the thing called a "rail gun"...

Nereid:
Even after a late night, morning comes early for tenured faculty... You're still getting dressed when you hear a loud roaring through the partially-open window of your bedroom. It sounds sort of like a helicopter, but much louder. Then there's a blasting loudspeaker voice. "Attention, citizens of Aumakua Island; Akamai City is now under martial law! Remain in your homes! Remain in your homes and you will not be harmed!"

Looking out past the drapes, you see three futuristic aircraft hovering above your neighborhood--and two of them are airlifting an equally-futuristic looking tank!
Todd
 player, 281 posts
 Determination: 6
 Stamina: 11 > 3
Fri 2 May 2014
at 07:59
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
"You have got to be kidding me..."

Todd, opens the window, climbs onto the ledge, and leaps on top of the front-half of the tank.

He hammers on the hatch. Loudly. Very, very loudly.

"Oi! You got ten seconds to open the hatch. Don't make me come in there."

I probably should have asked this before jumping on the tank, but where is the machine gun fire coming from? What other forces are around apart from the tank (friendly and non-friendly)?
Nereid
 player, 200 posts
 Determination:00
 Stamina 3/8
Fri 2 May 2014
at 16:23
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to Todd (msg # 8):

Kai, shakes her head and rubs her eyes...

Well at least I know I am still asleep
.

She goes beck into the kitchen to pour some coffee and only half way across the room does the reality of the situation sink in.

She quickly changes into her "other work clothes" pours a thermos of coffee and directly violates the order to stay in her home.

OOC: the plan is to sneak around, find a solider and read his mind. And hopefully drink enough coffee to wake up :).
DainXB - GM
 GM, 741 posts
Fri 2 May 2014
at 21:38
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Todd (in the Shoals):
The machinegun fire is coming from a row of hull-mounted guns just above the treads, firing to force people to clear the streets. The surface texture of the tank is rough and pebbled, almost as if the armor-plate were made of tiny ball bearings fused together. You've never seen anything like it.

The main turret idles back and forth, as if the tank is looking for something. The radome spins, coordinating the tanks advance with a pair of quad-rotored VTOL aircraft hovering above. Sunlight glinting off their dark stealth-finish makes you think they have the same beaded texture as the tank.

One of the VTOLs swivels in place, facing you. The cockpit is mirror-finished; you can't see inside. Suddenly, the top deck of the rear hull of the tank opens, and a boxy rocket-pod deploys upward, it's tubes level with your head!

[OOC: Defend against a Coordination 3 missile attack! Here's the problem; even if the missiles miss you, they're gonna hit something...]

Nereid (near Kuakini General):
The air-lifting VTOLs drop their cargo near another articulated tank at the edge of a park. Both vehicles immediately orient their turrets toward the largest civic structure in the area; Kuakini General Hospital, a couple of blocks away! A half-dozen men in blue ballistic armor and military-style helmets rappel down from the third VTOL, taking up positions alongside the tanks.

[OOC: Test Coordination vs a Difficulty of 5 to sneak close without being observed.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:45, Mon 05 May 2014.

Nereid
 player, 201 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sun 4 May 2014
at 02:35
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 10):

OOC: 22:32, Today: Nereid rolled 5 using 2d6-7. sneak around.

Coordination 4+ 5=9 ....today Nereid is sneaky

DainXB - GM
 GM, 743 posts
Mon 5 May 2014
at 04:44
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid (near Kuakini General):
You easily make it to the edge of the park, crouching near a dense clump of decorative tropical flowers. The soldiers, the huge armored vehicles, and their air support all seem focused on the hospital. The tanks roll forward slowly, blocking (and terrifying) the early morning commuter traffic.

Suddenly, from above the hospital, you see an airborne figure! He swoops down on iridescent wings, firing some sort of energy bolts from his fingertips at the air-lift VTOL! He wears a black mask over his lower face, revealing strange, faceted compound eyes and a shock of dark, wiry hair. His costume is black, the front of the torso striped with bold yellow v-shapes.

[OOC: Test Telepathy vs a Difficulty of 3 to read the mind of one of the soldiers.]
Nereid
 player, 202 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Mon 5 May 2014
at 14:19
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 12):


Great... this just gets more confusing...so let's see what the heck is going on here.



OOC: Telepathy 6 +
10:16, Today: Nereid rolled -1 using 2d6-7. Telepathy Roll.

5...whew not a great roll but still beat the number

Todd
 player, 282 posts
 Determination: 5
 Stamina: 11
Wed 7 May 2014
at 02:10
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
"Sonuva -"

Todd takes a split second to crouch, then leaps towards the nearest VTOL aircraft.

The missiles fly underneath him, and he realizes with horror that he doesn't know what was behind him before he leapt.

Grrrr... I don't have much to work with here. Nice dilemma building!

I'm going to spend a point of Determination to use my Leap to avoid the missiles and to land on the closest VTOL. Let me know if this is legit.

Coordination 6 + Roll 0 = 6.

If the roll succeeds on putting me on the VTOL can I punch it?

DainXB - GM
 GM, 744 posts
Wed 7 May 2014
at 05:17
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid (near Kuakini General):
The nearest soldier is scanning the tanks left flank, watching the street.

:Nice park::Traffic's keeping back::Good::Nice sunshine::Been three years::Three year tour in Hawaii, the recruiter said::F*@king son of a bitch didn't tell me it'd be three years in a barracks::memory of gray steel walls, rows of bunks::memory of different gray steel walls, rows of tanks::Suck it up, soldier!::Mind on the mission!::Seize control of civil services::Establish martial law::Wait for the Tinker's orders::F*@k!::Should've stayed in Rhodesia...:

The soldier your "eavesdropping" on is facing away from the flying man; he hasn't spotted him yet. The flying man's energy blasts don't seem to have much effect on the VTOL. He streaks overhead, and you loose sight of him in the trees at the center of the park.

He comes back, low and fast, firing bolts from his fingertips at two of the soldiers!

Todd (in the Shoals):
You kick off, flinging yourself toward the nearest VTOL. You slam into it's fuselage, just behind the mirrored cockpit, and scrabble for a grip against the pebbled surface. The missiles streak underneath you; you hang on and twist to see what was behind you...

What was behind you was a woman, flying above the street suspended from a voluminous sky-blue cape! Her costume is storm-cloud grey, fading to white at her hands and feet. Circular gold clasps at either shoulder support the billowing cape.

You follow the superhero news; she's Storm Warden, "mistress of the weather"--and she might just be able to save your bacon! Her brow furrows in concentration, and the missile tracks bend upward...

The good news is, three of them are going to make a great fireworks show above the Shoals when they detonate. The bad news is, the fourth one is going to hit the VTOL you jumped onto...

[OOC: Gain 1 Determination for the Temporary Challenge "Crowded Sky". Also, of course you can punch the VTOL! :)]
Todd
 player, 283 posts
 Determination: 5
 Stamina: 11
Wed 7 May 2014
at 12:39
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Todd punches the VTOL.

He figures a good solid whack to the left engine will make evading the incoming missile a challenge. Speaking of missiles, Todd thinks it might be a good time to evade the missile himself.

He leaps back onto the tank. Next target: the missile rack.

Prowess +6 Roll +1 = 7. Pow.

Nereid
 player, 203 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Thu 8 May 2014
at 04:23
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to Todd (msg # 16):

Great...grunts never are going over the evil plan giving the mentalist all the exposition she needs. Of course that May change  now that the is under attack.


OOC: would I need another roll to delve deeper ?
DainXB - GM
 GM, 745 posts
Thu 8 May 2014
at 21:33
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid (near Kuakini General):
You dig a little deeper into the mercenary's mind--his mental defenses are down thanks to his surprised reaction to the flying man!

:memory of gray steel walls, and soldiers in formation::memory of a sharp-eyed man with a pointed beard addressing the troops "You will be the strike force, the vanguard of a new nation, a new world order!"::memory of boredom::memory of the bearded man inspecting a formation of soldiers "Control of civil services, the media, and the police is paramount. We will declare the New Kingdom of Hawaii before the existing authorities are even aware of our existence!"::memory of hours of flight aboard a VTOL, over bizarre-looking terrain...:

Your contact abruptly cuts off as the mercenary is hit by the flying man's energy bolts and knocked off his feet! The other soldiers take cover, but they're not returning fire--they're leaving that to the machinegun turrets on the flanks of the armored vehicles! Six turrets swing into action, tracking the intruder!

Todd (in the Shoals):
Your fist goes right through the engine cowling, sending turbine blades flying in all directions! You dive off the VTOL just as the missile hits, turning the craft into an airborne fireball!

Dropping toward the rear deck of the tank, it feels almost like you're falling slower than you should... On the one hand, not going splat is nice; but on the other hand you were kind of counting on the extra velocity of your fall to back up your punch...

[OOC: You can attack the missile launcher now, as you land on it.]
Todd
 player, 284 posts
 Determination: 5
 Stamina: 11
Thu 8 May 2014
at 23:54
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
"Step one: shut you down," Todd says as he rips the missile launcher out of its housing.

"Step two: put you to good use," he adds as he hefts the missile launcher, scanning for another VTOL aircraft.

I'm assuming that ripping out the missile launcher is a roll vs Strength. If the launcher is capable of evasive action (pivoting, withdrawing) it would be prowess, so...

Strength 8 (or Prowesss 6) + Roll -1 = 7 (or 5).

DainXB - GM
 GM, 750 posts
Mon 12 May 2014
at 23:00
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Todd (in the Shoals):
Ripping the missile launcher free is relatively simple. Hitting the other VTOL will be (slightly) more challenging!
[OOC: Test Coordination vs Difficulty 4!]

Storm Warden's voice, amplified by her powers somehow, carries to you. "Be careful where you throw that! Civilians are downrange, and I'm a little too... occupied... to snag foul balls." You see a dense black cloud forming in the air above and behind her, crackling with flashes of lightning.
Todd
 player, 285 posts
 Determination: 5
 Stamina: 11
Mon 12 May 2014
at 23:50
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
"Thanks, coach. I miss the shot I'm off the varsity team. Got it."

He braces, gets a solid line on the nearest VTOL, and hurls the launcher.

BANGGG!!!

"How 'bout you look after the others up top. Me and the boy panzers have business down here."

Coordination 6 + Roll - 2 = 4. Barely made it.

Nereid
 player, 204 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Thu 15 May 2014
at 04:32
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to Todd (msg # 21):

Nereid decides that she will not have time to figure this out before they kill the (possible) hero.

She sends a message

Hey flying guy...I've got your back...do these tanks have a weak spot?
DainXB - GM
 GM, 754 posts
Fri 16 May 2014
at 01:11
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Todd (in the Shoals):
The missile launcer tears through the VTOL near one wing-root, sending it into a flat spiral. It's remaining fans howl as it tries to recover, but it flips and crashes into the street--hard. Oddly, there doesn't seem to be much wreckage after the fireball fades...

Storm Warden shouts down to you. "Incoming!" and points toward a pair of VTOLs rounding the corner down the street, headed in your direction. A pair of lightning bolts follow her gesture! "By the way, do you know what this is all about?"

From where you're standing on the rear deck of the tank, where the retractable missile launcer used to be, you see the low turret on the forward section spin toward you. The square bore of it's railgun barrel looks like a cinder block would fit down it, and it's about six feet from your chest!

[OOC: Defend against a Difficulty of 6! The railgun does 7 Stamina if it hits!]

Nereid (near Kuakini General):
You hear his startled response in your mind. :You're a telepath?!? : Pleasure to meet you; I'm Beeline. : All I know is, my 'venom blasts' aren't they're weakness--thats for sure... : I've never seen anything like these before. : Son-of-a-! : That last abrupt thought comes to you as one of the tanks fire's at Beeline with it's machinegun turrets. You're sure that at least a couple of bullets bounce off him, but a couple more hit! :I think that just cracked a rib!:

"What do these guys want with the hospital, anyway?" He shouts to you, still in flight.
Todd
 player, 286 posts
 Determination: 5
 Stamina: 11
Fri 16 May 2014
at 02:06
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
I have a plan, subject to GM approval:

Spend a point of Determination to buy a stunt, using my strength to bend the gun barrel at a 45 degree angle.

Being comic books physics any number of things could happen. Let the dice determin which. How about:

Failure. I fail and take full damage.
0-2 Moderate success. The shell is deflected and lands harmlessly into the ocean.
3-4 Major success. The gun malfunctions and breaks.
5 or more Massive success. The gun malfunctions and overloads the tank's systems.

Nereid
 player, 205 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sat 17 May 2014
at 18:15
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to Todd (msg # 24):

They are trying to take over the city and put it under "martial law" ... Something about a new regime.

I'll try to disable the tank.


Too bad I usually need line of sight.
She tries to think "offline" as she looks for an entrance into the tank.

OOC:  should I roll awareness? Or is it obvious where the hatches are and how improbable my getting in shall be?
DainXB - GM
 GM, 758 posts
Sun 18 May 2014
at 00:15
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Todd (in the Shoals):
[OOC: I like it! Technically, mangling the tank should be a Difficulty of 7, but since you're only going against the barrel, 6 makes sense. Good luck!]

Nereid (near Kuakini General):
There's what appears to be an access hatch at the back of the vehicles, between the two rearmost machine gun turrets.

Beeline drops behind the tank, taking cover by getting so close to it that it's weapons can't aim at him. He folds his wings, points a finger--and the bright flash of his energy blast does nothing to the tank's armor. "If we can't damage these things, maybe we can shut them off! You're a telepath, right? Can you get into the head of one of these guys, find us a code or something we can use?"
Nereid
 player, 206 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sun 18 May 2014
at 01:47
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 26):

Got to see 'em first, help me get this hatch open! Nereid begins racing toward the tank.
Todd
 player, 288 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Sun 18 May 2014
at 02:24
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Todd drops to one knee, jams his shoulder under the barrel, and pushes upright, bending it like a soda straw.

The gunner makes the mistake of powering up the gun. Todd steps back just before the railgun misfires, shattering the barrel.

Strength 8 + Roll 2 = 10 vs 6. Major success.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 760 posts
Mon 19 May 2014
at 00:34
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Todd (in the Shoals):
As you stand triumphantly in front of the smoking stub of the railgun barrel, you hear Storm Warden's wind-amplified voice from above. "On your left!"

Just then, a second tank shatters through the storefront of 'Liao & Son Podiatry and Acupuncture' across the street to your left! With a hypersonic crack, it's railgun fires!

Hey, at least Storm Warden is keeping the VTOLs off your back.

[OOC: Defend against a Difficulty of 6! It does 7 Stamina if it hits!]

Nereid (near Kuakini General):
As you join Beeline at the rear of the armored vehicle, he's struggling unsuccessfully with the hatch. "I can't get it open!" He points to a keypad next to the hatch. "There's gotta be a code, but if you have to see someone to read their minds..." His words are cut off by the mechanical sound of submachineguns being cocked. The two of you spin around, to face a pair of blue-armored mercenaries aiming their weapons directly at you!

[OOC: Test Coordination vs their Coordination of 4 to not get shot. Their SMGs do 5 Stamina on a hit.]

"...maybe their's would work..." Beeline finishes in a small voice.
Todd
 player, 289 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Mon 19 May 2014
at 01:02
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Todd ducks a millisecond before the railgun fires, the projectile missing by less than an inch.

"You want acupuncture, do ya?" Todd snarls as he tears off the damaged railgun barrel above his head.

He leaps in a high arc towards the firing tank, the damaged barrel held between his hands like a harpoon. He lands, driving the barrel into drives it downwards into the turret.

"Have some acupuncture!"

Defend: Coordination 6 + Roll 1 = 7. Miss.

Attack: Prowess 6 + Roll 3 = 9. The barrel is just narrative colour, so I hit with 8 Strength of damage.

Nereid
 player, 207 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Wed 21 May 2014
at 04:22
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to Todd (msg # 30):

OOC: Coordination of 4

00:16, Today: Nereid rolled 0 using 2d6-7. Coordination .

I don't have my rules at hand so I am unsure what happens with a tie.


Nereid moves as quickly as she can...

And then she begins to sing, a lovely song, a deeply passionate song.

Love me...

OOC: going for emotion control m make the guy love me and fight for me (hopefully)

Emotion control 3
00:21, Today: Nereid rolled 5 using 2d6-7. Love me .

8

Todd
 player, 290 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Wed 21 May 2014
at 04:58
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid: A tie is a win. From pg 7: "0-2 Moderate success. The effort succeeds by a small margin."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 766 posts
Sat 24 May 2014
at 05:34
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Todd (in the Shoals):
[OOC: Gain 1 Determination. "Acupuncture!" :)]
You pin the turret to the hull with the railgun barrel! Sparks fly! The turret-motors whine as they fight to turn. The barrel is placed under intolerable strain, and something strange happens: The weird pebbly-surface of the metal shatters into powder in your hands... and then the powder disappears!

The rear-deck missile-launcher on this tank starts to deploy, then retracts, then starts to deploy again. The treads on the front hull are driving the vehicle forward, but the treads on the rear hull seem to have kicked into reverse. Something seems to be badly wrong in there...

Nereid (near Kuakini General):
[OOC: I've been using the ICONS Team-Up rules for 'grazing'; on a tie the attack does 1/2 damage, rounded down. You suffer 2 Stamina.]
You dodge the gunfire almost completely; you feel a hot sensation against your upper arm as a bullet grazes you.

Almost instantly, the trooper who shot you drops his weapon and runs to your side. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you--I... I don't know what came over me..." He pulls a pouch off his gear, spills it open, and presses a bandage to your wound.

The other mercenary stares at his companion for a second, nonplussed. It's enough time for Beeline to knock him cold with a sudden energy-blast. "I figure we only need one of these guys..." he mumbles.

As your newest friend applies antiseptic to your wound, you hear Angelfish's thought, faintly and from far away. "Peanut Butter Popsicle."

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:59, Sun 25 May 2014.

Todd
 player, 291 posts
 Determination: 5
 Stamina: 11
Sat 24 May 2014
at 07:43
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
"Huh. That's kinda weird."

Todd shrugs, wipes his hands clean, walks over to the hatch and tears it open.

Strength 8 + Roll 1 = 9. That should do it.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 768 posts
Sun 25 May 2014
at 04:27
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Todd (in the Shoals):
There's not a hatch, exactly--but tearing the turret off is certainly possible! As you do so, the entire vehicle shudders violently, and more sparks fly from the cables and mechanical bits that pull out of the hull attached to the turret. Almost the whole interior of the tank is circuitry and wiring! There's no sign of any crew at all.

Something is definitely wrong with the rear hull as well; the missile launcher is half-deployed, as if the lifting motors failed midway up. The rectangular caps over the warheads snap open--partly. Half of the missiles are still below the top of the armored hull. You hear a series of staccatto clicks as the warheads arm for launch!

[OOC: Defend against the missile's Coordination of 3. Of course, that's only the ones that will actually make it out of the launcher; the rest are going to detonate right there. Defend against their Difficulty of 5 to be somewhere else when the explosion happens.]
Todd
 player, 292 posts
 Determination: 5
 Stamina: 11
Mon 26 May 2014
at 01:52
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Time to get off the bus.

Todd leaps high into the air, trying to get as far from the blast as possible. Grabbing onto the VTOL passing overhead seems as good a place as any.

KLAAANGGG!!!

Todd's arms drive into the undercarriage, and he works his way up the side of the VTOL by digging his fingers into the metal and pulling himself up.

"Stormie, you take the other one. I got this."

Now to aim this thing away from here before I cripple it. Let's see what happens if I push my foot down on the flaps. The sea would be nice. Mountains work too.

First dodge:
Coordination 6 + Roll 4 = 10. Major success. I'd like to use this to have Todd grab the VTOL, subject to GM approval.

Second dodge:
Coordination 6 + Roll 2 = 5. Moderate success.

Instead of using Strength to shred it I want to point it away from inhabited areas, so I think this is a Prowess roll:
Prowess 6 + Roll -1 = 5. Let's see how that works out.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:52, Mon 26 May 2014.

Nereid
 player, 209 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Wed 28 May 2014
at 01:52
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to Todd (msg # 36):

Holding her "wound" Kai looks the soldier in the eyes.

"Now my love I need to get inside this tank...do you know the code?
DainXB - GM
 GM, 777 posts
Fri 30 May 2014
at 04:19
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid:
Your new best friend nods. "Sure! We all got trained on basic maintenance for these things. Five, six, three, zero opens all of them." He reaches past you and taps the code on the pad. The maintenance hatch hisses open on a pair of hinge-pistons. The inside is treaded to make climbing into the crawlspace easier.

Beeline peeks in, the first two fingers of his right hand pressed together and pointed ahead of him as if they were a gun... "Nobody home, just flashing lights and machinery."

Todd:
You manage to get on top of the VTOL--the thin (and strangely bumpy) metal skin is easy to dig into. Stretching one leg out, you push down on an aileron...

It's good that you have solid handholds, because what we call what you are is upside-down! The VTOL slides off into a steep banking turn. The three turbofans still controled by the flight-computer put up a valiant fight, but there's no way it can maintain it's original flight path--or altitude.

Spinning right-side-up again, you see that you'll miss downtown at least, and you're out of the Shoals. Looks like you're coming down over a different low-rent residential area...

One with a huge explosion dead ahead of you!

[Continue in thread E3S8 - Liloa. Just in time for the explosion Time Keeper caused. :)]
Nereid
 player, 211 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Fri 30 May 2014
at 16:17
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 38):

Alrighty, so let's see if we can take over this thing or figure our a way to shut them all down.

she looks at the soldier

Any clues, loverboy?


OOC: So, I am not the most super tech oriented. But I doubt that our grunt knows what to do...so I guess I need a roll of some kind.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 781 posts
Sat 31 May 2014
at 01:17
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid:
Your infatuated friend says "We were showed basic maintenance--how to fix the turret motors, reload ammo hoppers; stuff like that. Messing with the tank A.I. is way above my pay grade." He pulls off his helmet, and looks deep into your eyes. "But it is kind of snug and private in there, if you know what I mean..."

Beeline mutters into his mask. "I don't know which is creepier; him, or the fact that you're doing that to him..." He gestures into the hatch. "Ladies' first. I'd better stay out here with lover-boy."

[OOC: Test Intellect vs a Difficulty of 5.]
Nereid
 player, 212 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sat 31 May 2014
at 03:17
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 40):

We come to the game with the powers we have...not the ones we want. I've been able to try pure Mind control before but it's a stretch.

Emotion control is unpredictible. I couldn't do fear, he might run away or faint, happy folks don't want to do anything to jinx their good mood. So Love it is...lucky me.


She looks at the controls, presses some buttons and...

I am so totally lost.

Maybe we can turn this tank off...but I can't sneak attack another tank or anything. I don't even know where to to begin.



OOC:
Intellect 4

23:15, Today: Nereid rolled -3 using 2d6-7. Intellect test.

Effort 1

DainXB - GM
 GM, 785 posts
Sat 31 May 2014
at 04:27
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid:
You crawl through the hatch into the rear hull, then follow a corrugated channel into a lens-shaped chamber in the forward hull, directly beneath the bulging turret motors. Three digital display panels show a continuous flow of high-speed data. It's very confusing...

You tap on one of the touch screens, which evokes a set of maintenance and troubleshooting controls. You try a couple, but there doesn't seem to be much effect. Suddenly, a synthetic voice comes from somewhere in the surrounding electronics. "Maintenance shutdown routine unavailable during combat operations. Command authorization required. Unit LNE-01 awaiting authorization."
"10..."
"9..."
"8..."


Behind you, you can hear the hiss of hydraulics as the maintenance hatch closes. Then you hear a faint banging, like someone hammering on the hatch with their fists...
Nereid
 player, 213 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sat 31 May 2014
at 05:31
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 42):

No,no,no,no,no.

Hey! Can you guys hear me...do you know the command authorization soldier boy?



OOC: so should I roll something? Maybe spend determination to find an obvious plug?
DainXB - GM
 GM, 786 posts
Sat 31 May 2014
at 20:34
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid:
Faintly, from beyond the hatch, you hear your new best friend shouting. "Maintenance code's locked out now! Only the Tinker knows the command code..."

The inflectionless computer voice continues to count.
"7..."
"6..."


One of the video screens flashes to an external feed. An ambulance is racing toward the emergency entrance of Kuakini General, just across the street from you, lights and sirens flashing. The screen has a superimposed cross-hairs and a range-to-target readout.

"Vehicle approaching secured perimeter. Interdict." The turret motors just over your head hum loudly, and the entire vehicle lurches as the treads engage.
"Unit LNE-01 awaiting override."
"5..."
"4..."


You hear the crack! of Beeline's "venom blast", followed by his muffled cursing. "Dammit! I could spot-weld it shut, but I don't have the power to cut it open!"

[OOC: Gain 1 Determination for the Temporary Challenge Security Lockdown. LNE-01 is about to go to war--and take you along for the ride!
You can spend 1 Determination to retcon and "define or detail something previously unknown" about your situation. You have to tag an appropriate Quality, of course. Also, don't forget (distracting as it is at this particular moment of crisis) that Angelfish is somewhere trying to attract your telepatic attention.]

Nereid
 player, 215 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 02:42
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 44):

Angelfish:
As the missiles take flight, Angelfish thinks, What this team really needs is communications and coordination...  Peanut Butter Popsicle anyone?


It takes a few moments but Angelfish hears a reply

I am near the hospital...we have invaders with robotic tanks and high tech infantry.
Speaking of robotic tanks I stuck inside one! I tried to shut it down and became trapped inside.

What is your situation? out link is weak you'll need to "think at me".



OOC: I posted the same in the thread with Angelfish. I guess connecting all of us together would cost Determination? Right now I think that is the best use of my action and determination rather than escape (though that might come soon)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 791 posts
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 00:07
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid:
[OOC: Yes, 1 Determination and a tag on an appropriate Aspect to stunt "rangeless" as an Extra for your telepathy. Then you can broadcast to the minds you've touched before, like the other heroes. The good news is, telepathy takes essentially no time, so LNE-01's countdown won't advance as you create do this.]
Nereid
 player, 216 posts
 Determination:04/03
 Stamina 8/8
Tue 3 Jun 2014
at 01:47
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 46):

OOC: tagging "Let Not Fight" cause I am hoping that if we can coordinate, we can end the violence quickly. spending a point of Determination.

Should I cross post across threads?



Alrighty everyone, we are hooked up...we need to end this quickly. I am in a tank near the hospital...and there is a freaky countdown and I might just die. Where's everyone else?


OOC: could I blow through another Determination to retry and put extra effort in a INT roll to figure a way out?
DainXB - GM
 GM, 797 posts
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 04:00
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
[OOC: Sure. Determined Effort requires that you fail once at a task. That 1 total definitely qualifies. :)
Test Intellect vs a Difficulty of 5, and declare before the roll the minimum degree of success you want.

Also; yes cross-post your telepathic communications in the other threads.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:13, Wed 04 June 2014.

Nereid
 player, 217 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Fri 6 Jun 2014
at 05:44
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 48):

OOC: Spending determination and looking for a major success (cause I don't want to just shut down the countdown --- I want to also get out of this thing.)

Int 4

01:43, Today: Nereid rolled 2 using 2d6-7. Get out of the tank .

Total of 6  success

So another determination to bump it to major.

1 determination left.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 800 posts
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 18:25
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid:
"3..."

The tank wants a command code, but there's not even a box on a screen to type one into! You suddenly realize; why would there be? The whole vehicle is cybernetic--there's never supposed to be a human being inside when it goes into combat operations... So there must be a safety switch, like on industrial machines... You check everywhere in the cramped compartment...

"2..."

Industrial safeties are usually pairs of buttons, spaced so that someone can't accidentally hit both of them at the same time... Got it! You spot a pair of red circles, side-mounted on the edges of the platform you're crouching on. You have to stretch your arms down, and use both hands...

"Unit LNE-01 command override accepted. Weapons safed. Maintenance routine enabled. Select from menu or issue verbal command." The vehicle stops with a lurch, halfway into the street.

The onscreen menus are complex and multi-layered, but you spot items like Maintenance Hatch Open/Close and Missile Loading Bay Open/Close.
Nereid
 player, 218 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 02:42
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 50):

Nereid opens the Maintenance hatch figuring that is a more accurate description of where she is.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 803 posts
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 00:12
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid:
You climb out the way you climbed in--and drop directly into the arms of your most loyal friend ever! "Thank God you're all right! I thought you were about to buy it, there!" The mercenary says, hugging you exuberantly.

"Ahem." Beeline is standing on the rear deck of the tank, above your head. "I hate to interrupt this touching scene... But there's another tank right over there!" He points across the park, where a second behemoth war machine is grinding forward, blocking the street in front of the hospital as part of it's interdiction orders.
Nereid
 player, 219 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 01:26
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 52):

Well I know where the emergency shut down is...that might be a plan.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 806 posts
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 05:44
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid:
Beeline grabs you under the arms, and you can hear the high-pitched buzz of his wings as he airlifts you onto the back of the second tank! Looking backward, you can see your pet mercenary running full-tilt toward you, and you can feel the waves of anger and jealousy radiating from him--all directed at Beeline!

"If that guy tries to shoot me, I'm shooting him first." Beeline says. Up close, you can see his strange compound eyes clearly; but it's hard to read his expression. You're pretty sure he's not kidding...

Your mercenary told you that 5630 is the maintenance hatch code for all the tanks--but this tank is in motion, and it's not exactly a stable platform!

Angelfish's excited "voice" is in your mind: {Nereid!!!  If you can hear me - the tanks are brittle!!!  A hard, sharp blow should make them crumble!!!}

[OOC: Test Coordination + Athletics (5) vs a Difficulty of 4 to enter the code and climb in through the hatch.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:45, Mon 16 June 2014.

Nereid
 player, 221 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 00:43
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 54):

Sorry, like i said...it's the power I have,

Looking at the solider.

don't be jealous sweetie, I only have eyes for you.


"Hearing" Angelfish she responds

Sorry, having to concentrate on keeping the link up, and not dying...

We are switching tanks this one is blocking the road to the hospital...When you say brittle, remember I am only really, really athletic and not super strong.  My new friend Beeline can't stop them with his stinger blasts. But if whacking it would work I'll see if he is like super strong. Like Human Bee strong...that would be strong right?

Nereid goes into action trying wrangle a tank. she leaps onto the back and quickly keys in the code...the hatch pops and the petite hero goes inside.

OOC:

5 + (2d6-7)   20:42, Today: Nereid rolled 2 using 2d6-7. Athletics check .

7

DainXB - GM
 GM, 811 posts
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 01:25
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Beeline follows you inside, crouching just inside the hatch. Even over the noise of the treads, you can hear his stomach growl. "Sorry. Burning a lot of energy here..." he mutters. "OK, what next?"

From outside and above, somewhat distantly, you can hear a loudspeaker repeating. "Attention, citizens of Aumakua Island; Akamai City is now under martial law! Remain in your homes! Remain in your homes and you will not be harmed!" You've heard it before, when this all started. The VTOL broadcasting it must have circled back into range of your hearing...
Nereid
 player, 222 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sun 22 Jun 2014
at 19:59
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 56):

We could just shut it down...but are you a techi? maybe we can trace the command signal? Then we might be able to shut down the heavy weapons and then we just have nice soft infantry types?


OOC: As the PC, I should make all the rolls but maybe Beeline can give me an assist (bonus)...But I want to trace the signal to its source and maybe plan to jam it or I could at least tell the heavy hitters where to hit :) 
DainXB - GM
 GM, 814 posts
Sun 22 Jun 2014
at 23:42
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Beeline shakes his head. "I'm great with digital data retrieval, but I'm not what you'd call a 'hardware guy'." He looks at the extensive electronics inside the tanks cramped service compartment. "These things have got to be networked together somehow--probably linked to the VTOLs too--but I don't have a clue how. There's no antennas on anything..."
Nereid
 player, 224 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Wed 25 Jun 2014
at 21:20
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 58):

Nereid is distracted by the telepathic conversation....


Well so much for taking these out all at once.

She god for the control panel to shut this tank down like she did the other one.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 821 posts
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 21:11
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid:
You reach down on both sides of the platform, and find the red buttons. You hit both at the same time, and the tank stops with a lurch. Beeline tumbles into you, and you realize that his skin is strangely hard to the touch. "Sorry! It's kind of cramped in here..." he says.

"Unit SJG-03 command override accepted. Weapons safed. Maintenance routine enabled. Select from menu or issue verbal command."

Meanwhile, your head is filled with telepathic chatter:

Nereid, the streets around here are pretty empty.  I don't think droping the VTOLS will cause any more havoc than they already are. Of course, waking the Kaiju... that might be a whole different situation...

"Ishida and I came to help. As for the VTOL'S, they should shrink before doing to much damage. I'll have Ishida visualize the coral Kaiju, he has studied them... I hope."

"The kaiju was spawned by the Castle Bravo atomic test in 1954. The theory is that exposure to strontium-90 caused the coral-building polyps to become hyperactive. Their biochemical 'networking' capability was enhanced as well--but the colony creature seemed to be entirely instinct-driven. You can't reason with it, but every organism reacts to danger or the threat of danger... If Brain Coral felt that it was at risk somehow..."

"Okay, begin by thinking of a normal human brain, and then blend in animal elements. Now add a hard yet crunchy shell..."

[OOC: Ishida and Ian give you some insight on how to manipulate the 'emotions' of a primitive and instinctive creature. Take +1 to the attempt when and if you decide to make it. :)]
Nereid
 player, 226 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 21:01
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 60):

Nereid drops everyone but Ian and Ishida so she can concentrate...

Here mind expands, and she searches for the Kaiju Brain Coral's "signal".

Nereid has never pushed herself so hard, so far...

there it is...

Oh Ian this is more complicated that you made it sound buddy...

How does it react? are those emotions? it is like waves of color and sound...so beautiful .


Beeline notices her beginning to strain at the immense effort this is taking.

Now to manipulate its emotions...

Oh no, the Bio-MP is a defense mechanism.

Sorry...your going to have to become very scared for a very short period of time...

Now!


Nereid shakes and gasps as she drops all telepathic links due to the strain. She curls up in a fetal position.

If that worked we should be getting the Bio-electic pulse very soon... she says to no one in particular .


OOC: Stunting for Rangeless Telepathy and spending determined effort to gain at least a moderate success (unless Dain feels I need a Major success)

Emotion Control 3 +1 (Telepathy aid) +1 (Ian aid) + (2d6-7) hoping for a 7

16:49, Today: Nereid rolled -1 using 2d6-7. Connect with the Brain Coral.

4 spending 1 point of Determination for 6, another for 8 and achieving my goal and spending all 3 Determination points in a single action.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 21:02, Sat 28 June 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 825 posts
Sun 29 Jun 2014
at 04:52
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid:
Deep beneath Akamai City, deep within the coral atoll that was once a mighty kaiju, you sense...

...color, sound, impressions from senses nothing like a human's. Memories of color specta so broad that you can see chords in the colors. Sonic complexities beyond any recording of whale song you've ever heard. Jumbled emotions, each represented by their own wavelength...

Since the fifties, the world believed that the Brain Coral creature was dead--but deep within the island, it lives!

Brain Coral's "mind" is by far the most alien thing your own mind has ever touched. You sense telepathically that it is intelligent, but not in the fashion of any natural creature. It isn't inimical to human life, merely indifferent to it; the tiny creatures of the surface are insignificant...

All except you. You sense a response from Brain Coral, an attention. It's a little like touching Amm-Fib'ian's mind; you have a sense of fractally-complex thought processes just beyond your comprehension. But unlike Ians, these are pressing into your mind, into your thoughts. Your amulet shields you, giving you time to grasp the deep, primitive emotional structures of the networked intellect.

Whispering a mental apology, you exert your power and evoke pure, unreasoning fear!

Seeing your reaction to the contact, Beeline squirms within the confines of the tank's maintenance bay, twisting around until he can check your breathing. "Bio-electric what?!?" He asks.
Nereid
 player, 228 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Mon 30 Jun 2014
at 03:47
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 62):

Bio EMP....hey, are you wearing power armor?

Nereid is punch drunk from the exertion
DainXB - GM
 GM, 829 posts
Mon 30 Jun 2014
at 22:25
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
"Uh, no." Beeline replies, drawing back so that he's no longer in physical contact with you. His odd eyes angle away and don't meet yours as he tilts his head. "There's a layer under my skin that's... chitinous... Sorry if that felt weird."
Nereid
 player, 229 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Mon 30 Jun 2014
at 23:06
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 64):

Nope...not weird at all. I was worried that you were in a stylized power suit...and when the pulse goes off...I'd have to figure out how to get you out of it.

And .... I am really gassed, you would hate to be trapped in a power suit right now. So it's all good.

So, how long have you been super Beeline?

DainXB - GM
 GM, 832 posts
Tue 1 Jul 2014
at 15:28
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
"Long enough that it feels like I was born this way." He says, seeming relieved that you weren't disturbed by the feel of his skin. "But I wasn't. I got stung by a bunch of radioactive bees, right about the time I was hitting puberty." He shrugs. "Life got kinda strange at that point."

Beeline taps on one of the touch-screens, looking through the tank's maintenance menus. "How about you? When did you discover that you could read minds and... that other thing?"
Nereid
 player, 232 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Tue 1 Jul 2014
at 19:21
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 66):

I've only been doing this for a little over a year, my powers didn't come from me but...

Though Nereid wants to trust Beeline, she has quickly learned that super hero life can be dangerous ad people have complicated agendas.

But from the spirit of the ancient Sirens. I am like their magical successor I guess. Except, I don't sink boats...I fight crime and the occasional high tech paramilitary coup.

So...


She tries to stand but her legs still shake, and she decides to sit instead.

radioactive bees attacking as puberty hits...I guess that made high school even more awkward huh?
DainXB - GM
 GM, 837 posts
Sat 5 Jul 2014
at 16:26
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid:
His mask covers his lower face, but you can hear the smirk in his voice. "A little bit." He's about to say more, but suddenly asks "Hey! This 'bio-EMP' thing of yours; do we want to be inside here when it goes off?"
Nereid
 player, 234 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sat 5 Jul 2014
at 17:53
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 68):

Good idea...Angelfish said something about the VTOLs shrinking ...if the tanks do that...ouch.

Nereid allows Beeline to lead the way as they exit the tank.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 841 posts
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 04:58
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid:
You and Beeline get your feet onto solid ground, and then...

The ground lifts under you--under everyone in the entire city, in fact! The air itself clamps around you like a vice. It's instantaneous, but intense; you feel the impact not only on, but within your body! Objects in motion take the worst effects of the telekinetic shock-wave, but even stationary city structures are affected. Glass shatters, cinder-block walls crack; Every car alarm in Akamai City goes off at once! The Tinker's "expanded" vehicles, specifically vulnerable to high-intensity impact, all shatter into dust!

Beeline stumbles as the psionic shockwave slaps into him. Then he turns to look at the tank you just vacated--or rather, where it used to be. "Oof! One of these days, you're going to have to explain to me how you just did that."

As the dust settles, the honking of a thousand car alarms almost drowns out the faint sound of a loudspeaker. "Attention, citizens of Aumakua Island; Akamai City is now under martial law! Remain in your homes! Remain in your homes and you will not be harmed!"

You can tell that the voice is coming from above you--it's a VTOL! The same one that you saw deploying the blue-armored mercenaries just as this whole thing started!
Nereid
 player, 236 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 22:02
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 70):

Shoot...I guess we still have bad guys.

Nereid fires up the telepathic link

Hey , sorry to check out...I am more than a little wiped out...so anyone else got a visual on that VTOL? Even better a plan to knock it down?
Nereid
 player, 244 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 20:11
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
In reply to Nereid (msg # 71):

Beeline , we need to get to the the mayor's mansion. Can you carry me?
DainXB - GM
 GM, 861 posts
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 00:27
Re: E4S6 - Akamai City - Time Keeper, Todd, Nereid
Nereid:
"Sure--if we can make one quick pit-stop on the way." He puts his arms under yours from behind, and crosses them so that his left hand is on your right hip and vice versa--and then you're airborne!

As you rise above Kuakini General, you catch sight of the last VTOL, swooping over the Grove toward the Mayor's Residence. But Beeline falters, weaving a little as he lands on the roof instead of pursuing.

"Sorry, but I'm literally starving. Using my powers burns a lot of energy." He says, lifting the top off of something that looks like one of the building's air vents. Inside is a plastic bag full of bear-shaped squeeze bottles. "My secret stash."

He turns his back, pulls down his bandito-mask, and empties one of the bottles of honey into his mouth. Then another; each is gone in a couple of seconds. Pulling his mask back up, he explains. "I basically live on this stuff now; it's the only way to get enough calories." He takes a deep breath, and steps behind you. "I'm good now; let's go!"

Beeline dives off the roof, and the hummm of his insectile wings is louder than ever as you streak after the VTOL.

[Continue in thread E4S9 - Mayor's Residence!]

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:48, Fri 29 Aug 2014.