E4S9 - Mayor's Residence -TK.   Posted by DainXB - GM.Group: 0
DainXB - GM
 GM, 852 posts
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 02:35
E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Time Keeper:
The lovely colonial-style home of Mayor Mike Arakawa belonged to his father, "Big Mike" Arakawa when he was Mayor. The current Mayor grew up here.

Of course, the neighborhood was a little nicer back then--it didn't have a big, shiny smooth-surfaced cyber-tank parked across the street, and a VTOL dropping blue-armored commandoes hovering overhead!

Relative to your perception of time, the anti-personnel machinegun turrets on the war machine's flanks are moving slowly to track you--meaning that in "real time" they're zeroing in on you with blinding speed!

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:14, Fri 18 July 2014.

Time Keeper
 player, 228 posts
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 11:32
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
spotting the tanks slowly turning he knew he could out race them but the area explosion was another thing.  He started to weave in and out between the tanks so they would not be able to track and fire without hitting one another then when they were totally spun round he hit full speed towards the mayor's house and  in through the front door.

Constantly riding the time stream he assessed the situation from within.


OOC:12:33, Today: Time Keeper rolled 3 using 2d6-7. super speed (7). Total 10

This message was last edited by the player at 11:34, Mon 21 July 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 863 posts
Fri 25 Jul 2014
at 01:04
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Time Keeper:
[OOC: Just to clarify; there's one cyber-tank & one VTOL. And twelve commandos.]

The front door is a slab of white-painted oak. No matter how easily it swings in "real time" it has the inertia of a truck when you're trying to move it at hyper-speed. The instant it opens wide enough you slip through--just in the nick of time; a spray of slow-motion bullets shatter the living room windows the instant you're inside! The first commandos have their boots on the roof as you race through the house and find Mayor Arakawa. He's with two plainclothes police officers, moving in slow-motion toward a door concealed behind a bookcase in the den. One officer is transmitting over a radio concealed in his sleeve. The other has her sidearm drawn and pointed at the ceiling as she covers the Mayor's entrance into the panic room.

Nereid:
Clamped tightly to the front of Beeline's torso by his crossed arms, you have an excellent aerial view of the situation. The large two-story colonial mansion has a wide veranda and an upstairs balcony; blue-armored mercenaries rapelling down from the hovering VTOL have seized the balcony and are smashing their way inside! The cyber-tank on the front lawn makes a buzz-saw sound as it's machineguns spray the veranda and front door! A curved driveway goes around to the rear of the house and the detached garage.

Beeline's mouth is right beside your ear; you can hear him over the wind, the buzzing of his wings--and the gunfire. "I'm lousy at turning; we can't circle while you do your thing! Pick where you want to land--before they see us coming!"

Todd:
Your leap carries you past Haikili--you're in the lead! That of course means that you're the primary target of the shiny, smooth-surfaced cyber-tank parked on the Mayor's lawn! It's main turret tracks your trajectory, the railgun elevates until you're looking directly down it's square bore.

[OOC: Defend against a Difficulty of 6! The railgun does 7 Stamina if it hits!]

Angelfish, Ian, Ty'daal:
Ty'daal's surfing-wave of municipal water takes him out in front of Dexie, even though Ishida's got the accellerator on the floor. Approaching the Mayor's Residence, Ishida-san suddenly puts the car into a screeching skid as he spots the cyber-tank! "I thought the shockwave was supposed to shrink all of those things!"

Ian:
You already know the answer to the scientist's unspoken question. It did shrink all of the "enlarged" tanks--leaving only the one the Tinker stole; the original, full-sized prototype! A vehicle with none of the weaknesses of it's copies...

[OOC: Todd can defend, then anyone can act in any order!]
Nereid
 player, 245 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Fri 25 Jul 2014
at 17:46
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 3):

Seeing Ty'daal's wave and the vehicle, she points.

Let's land there...that's my team (most of the them) we can rally and go to work from there.

As the land beside Dexie, Nereid waves

Hey team...this is Beeline, he's been fighting the army too. So I see Todd has jumped into a fight already, do we have a plan or should we just attack?
Angelfish
 player, 181 posts
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 04:55
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Angelfish slides off of Dexie's trunk (trying her damnedest to make it look like a graceful, deliberate dismount, rather than being slung forcefully off by Ishida-san's mad driving).  She waves an acknowledgment to Beeline and grins at Nereid.

{Plan?  Since when does this team ever have a plan?!}

She scans the scene on the mayor's lawn, {Gotta take out the tank and the VTOL.  I don't have the firepower to punch a hole in those things, but the treads and intakes are vulnerable...  Ty'daal?  Can you and Beeline handle those guys?} She gestures at the commandos,  {Don't want to risk hitting Todd, but I'm pretty sure I can hit that VTOL...}

(OOC:  Angelfish is assuming that Nereid has brought Beeline into the conversation.  Has she?)

Angelfish takes careful aim, directing her missile, not at the VTOL, but at the engine intake...

(OOC: 23:49, Today: Angelfish rolled 2,4 using d6,d6. Disable VTOL.
-2 + 6(coordination) = +4)

Time Keeper
 player, 229 posts
Tue 29 Jul 2014
at 10:47
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Seeing that the mayor and his guards are so close to the panic room Time Keeper brings the time stream back to the present and is next to them when they return to real time "Mister Mayor if you would be so kind as to quickly enter the safe room and secure the door behind you I and my friends will endeavour to end this situation as quickly as possible."

DainXB - GM
 GM, 864 posts
Fri 1 Aug 2014
at 04:10
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Time Keeper:
Mayor Arakawa steps into the panic room; the female officer secures the door behind him. Her male partner looks at you in surprise. "Time Keeper? I'm on the radio with the Liloa Precinct. Aren't you... there?"

Meanwhile, things are (ahem) moving fast! You can hear breaking glass somewhere on the second floor of the house; suddenly the roar of the hovering VTOL's turbines is much louder.

Angelfish:
Your missile races into one of the VTOL's engine intakes, exploding inside! The aircraft drops, coming perilously close to the roof of the Residence before recovering on it's three remaining turbofans. The other VTOLs all had lasers mounted in chin-turrets. This one lacks that feature. Instead, it deploys something larger out of the "bomb-bay" the commandoes dropped from, and swivels it toward you...

Ian:
You recognize the device that's now pointing at your group--it looks just like the shrink-ray emitters you saw in the lab!

[OOC: Still waiting on Todd to defend against the railgun attack; meanwhile, Nereid, Ian, and Ty'daal can act!]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 359 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Fri 1 Aug 2014
at 05:02
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC: Can Ian see the pilot of the VTOL?
If not, does he have eyes on any mercenary leader types?
(Planning on using the TUNA, just need to pick a target.)

DainXB - GM
 GM, 866 posts
Fri 1 Aug 2014
at 10:38
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ian:
The VTOL's canopy is gold anodized, like a NASA space helmet--but you can see the shadowy form of the pilot well enough to target him.
Amm-Fibian
 player, 360 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Fri 1 Aug 2014
at 10:59
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC: Amm-Fibian rolled 3,2 using d6,d6 ((3,2))
1 + 6 (possession) = 7


"Ishida-san, mind my body please." He turns and raises the TUNA. Then he turns back. "Uh... That was a pun, but also a request."
Amm-Fibian aims at the pilots form and fires the TUNA.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:01, Fri 01 Aug 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 867 posts
Sat 2 Aug 2014
at 03:55
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ian:
[OOC: Major success! That means you've got this guy for the rest of the Chapter.]

Suddenly, you're at the controls of the VTOL transport! A quarter of your console is flashing red lights, thanks to Angelfish's missile strike. The control yoke is shuddering in your grip, and the craft is pitching hard toward the starboard-stern.

Behind your pilot's seat the cabin broadens. Dr. Vernon Toomey is clinging to a semi-circular console that mostly fills that space, leg braced wide against the shifting accelleration. "Stabilize, you dolt!" He shouts. "You're affecting my aim!" He peers into a console-mounted monitor. "What a bold statement in swimwear..." he murmers, zeroing in. "Let's see how it fares against the ants."

[OOC: Todd can defend against the railgun attack; meanwhile, Nereid and Ty'daal can act!]
Ty'daal
 player, 224 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Sat 2 Aug 2014
at 04:04
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ty'daal races towards the tank, then raises his arms summoning the water he had surfed to the area with and pushed it forward trying to flip the tank over on its roof with an inland wave of water.

(00:01, Today: Ty'daal rolled 4,3 using d6,d6 with rolls of 4,3. Water Control (+5). Total: +6)
Nereid
 player, 246 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sat 2 Aug 2014
at 22:46
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
In reply to Ty'daal (msg # 12):


Nereid looks at Beeline.

Okay, friend...let's kick butt and take names.


OOC: are there any troops I can engage in Hand to Hand (been a while since I've gotten all fist to cuff like)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 869 posts
Mon 4 Aug 2014
at 04:19
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ty'daal:
The crack! of the railgun firing is still ringing in the air as your wave smashes into the tank's front glacis and swirls underneath it like a living thing. The forward hull lifts--but the rear hull's tracks slam into motion, forcing the vehicle forward through the resistant "surf". With only half it's treads on the ground, it's (very temporarily) swamped, but it's still right side up...

The railgun can't depress far enough to aim at you--but the machinegun turrets can!

[OOC: Defend against a Difficulty of 3. The MGs do 5 Stamina on a hit. If you want to spend Determination to use Determined Effort to flip the tank, you can.]

Nereid:
The Tinker's commandos are swarming the Mayor's Residence, smashing the french doors to the second floor balcony to get inside, and rapelling down to ground level to charge through the front door that Time Keeper used.

Beeline says "I'll take the high road, you take the low road!" You can hear the grin in his voice, as he sprints across the now-soggy lawn and takes to the air. You sprint after him, getting to the broad veranda just as three mercenaries unhook their drop-lines.

[OOC: Test Prowess vs a Difficulty of 5 to go "fist-to-cuff" with these guys.]

[OOC: Todd & Ty'daal can defend, Nereid can attack, then Time Keeper, Ian, and Angelfish are up! (Whew!)]
Todd
 player, 314 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 13:53
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Todd tries to twist to avoid the the shot, but a ballistic trajectory doesn't give him many options.

FWOOOOM!!!

He takes the hit and goes down, hard.

Argh. I missed the shift to this thread.

Coord 6 + Acro 1 + a Roll -3 = 4. Hit.

Guess that explains why I've been slow to post. ;)

Nereid
 player, 248 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 16:31
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
In reply to Todd (msg # 15):

OOC: Prowess 6
12:25, Today: Nereid rolled 2 using 2d6-7. opening the can of...

6+2=8

So I hit...now my ability to hit is much better than my ability to harm Strength 3



Nereid leaps to action using leverage she gives one of the mercenaries a stiff judo throw
Ty'daal
 player, 225 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 18:08
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ty'daal slings his hand at the turret and a pressurized stream of water from the wave that had failed to flip the tank over shoots up, knocking the barrel of the machine gun upwards, sending bullets firing harmlessly into the sky.

(14:05, Today: Ty'daal rolled 6,3 using d6,d6 with rolls of 6,3. Water Control (+5). Total: +8)
Amm-Fibian
 player, 363 posts
 Currently - VTOL Pilot
 Determination: 0
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 21:43
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Swinging the VTOL wildly, trying to familiarize with the controls, Ian says,
"Errrr... copy that, Roger Roger. We're in the pipe, five by five."

OOC: Ian will either:
a) unplug the shrink weapon, if he sees the means.
b) Swivel the VTOL so the weapon fires at the troops entering the building.
c) get control of the VTOL and scrape the turret off the VTOL with a low buzz of the building.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:44, Tue 05 Aug 2014.

Time Keeper
 player, 232 posts
Wed 6 Aug 2014
at 06:50
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC: Dain a thought

This message was last edited by the player at 06:51, Wed 06 Aug 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 870 posts
Wed 6 Aug 2014
at 23:06
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Time Keeper:
[OOC: an answer. :)]

Todd:
Your peak physical perfection serves you well--your last second acrobatic twist in the air causes the railgun penetrator to miss you by milimeters! Unfortunately, it's traveling at something like three times the speed of sound, and the shockwave it's dragging is nasty. It's worse than being hit by a truck; it's more like being hit by a hurricane. Your hair snaps forward around your face as your ballistic vector suddenly reverses. Your joint's crack as you windmill. Stuff breaks--maybe bones. You're not sure where your shoes are...

Actually, you're not sure where you are... Until the remains of your jacket starts to abrade away on the asphalt as you land. You're two blocks away from the divot Haikili just made in the Mayor's yard.

Looking at the bright side; the divot you just made in the street is way bigger.

Nereid:
Your first jab at a mercenary knocks the wind out of him. Behind his helmet you can see him bare his teeth in a vicious grin. He knows his armor is punch-proof. The grin goes away as your judo throw sends him flying through the (formerly) bullet-resistant glass of the Mayor's front windows.

From the porch-roof balcony above you, you hear the weird sound made by Beeline's sting-blasts. An unconscious commando drops to the lawn. Then there's the sound of submachine-gun fire!

Ty'daal:
Your sudden upward blast of water not only spoils the cyber-tank's aim, it's enough to raise the treads higher on that side of the monstrous war machine. It's at the "Tipping Point"...

[OOC: Angelfish and Ian can act, then the shrink ray fires (if the Tinker's plans are'nt spoiled by then. :) ]

DainXB - GM
 GM, 871 posts
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 06:42
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ian:
[OOC: Your options, as you see them:
a) The console and shrink ray emitter are obviously "after market" add-ons. Heavily-shielded power cables run to an open access panel. Of course, to unplug them you'd have to leave the pilot's seat...
b) "Adjusting" the Tinker's aim would be easy. Doing it so that he hits just the mercenaries and not Nereid, Beeline, and Time Keeper would be much more challenging...
c) Scraping the emitter off on the roofline of the Residence would mean very carefully almost crashing the VTOL. With one engine out already, this thing flies like a truck...
The choice is yours! :)]

Time Keeper
 player, 233 posts
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 06:58
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Time Keeper turns to the guards " Protect the mayor" he said then pulling on the time stream threads raced off through the building and out through the window. Pulling the streams tight round the building he slid along then running at speed round along the vertical surface.

As he went he stretched out his arms grasping as many of the ropes the commandos were using to come down with. As he caught one then another he spun at speed to twist them together and entangle the gun men.

OOC: 07:54, Today: Time Keeper rolled -3 using 2d6-7. super speed (7) total 4. I will spend a determination to activate the stunt "surface speed" could I then spend another determination to activate "master of time" aspect? would this bump my total up if I did

This message was last edited by the player at 07:01, Thu 07 Aug 2014.

Amm-Fibian
 player, 365 posts
 Currently - VTOL Pilot
 Determination: 0
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 07:56
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ian calmly stands up, walks over, and unplugs the shrink gun.
He then salutes Tinker and runs for an escape hatch...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 872 posts
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 09:24
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Time Keeper:
[OOC: You can tag "Master of Time" for Determined Effort. That costs you 2 more Determination to get a Moderate Success. You create the Temporary Challenge "Tangled Down!" for the bad guys.]

The mercenaries who haven't unclipped their rapelling lines find themselves twisted into a tight cluster, and tangled in their own harnesses. It will take them a page (at least) to get free.

There are three left standing on the upper balcony with Beeline, and two on the veranda with Nereid.

Ian:
The good news is... the VTOL is only about twenty feet above the upstairs balcony of the Residence. Your mercenary's armor absorbs the impact of your landing handily.

The bad news is... your mercenary looks just like all the other blue-armored goons up here. Beeline can't tell you from them, and neither can Time Keeper.

[OOC: Gain 1 Determination for the Temporary Challenge "Just Another Face In The Crowd". Then defend against Beeline's Coordination 4 "sting-blasts"!]

The other bad news is... the VTOL is only about twenty feet above you--and dropping fast!

[OOC: Angelfish is up, then it's a new page!]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 366 posts
 Currently - VTOL Pilot
 Determination: 1
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 11:27
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC: Danger Sense Dodge! Amm-Fibian rolled 5,5 using d6,d6
0 + 6 Danger Sense = 6


Ian steps quickly behind the other mercs, letting them absorb the Bee Blasts.
Todd
 player, 315 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 16:33
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
A dazed and sore Todd drags himself out of the furrow.

"Let's try that again. Without the getting shot bit."

Todd leaps toward the fight, this time taking a series of shorter low-profile jumps.
Time Keeper
 player, 235 posts
Fri 8 Aug 2014
at 07:08
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Still holding on to the ropes he managed to gather up and with a number of bodies tangled up in them Time keeper realised they were still attached to the VTOL overhead.

With a wicked smile on his masked face he found a time ribbon that lead away from the mayor's resistance and pulled it with all his time control might. He hoped that if he was able to get enough velocity from shooting down it he could pull the VTOL away from the building and their guns off target.

OOC: 08:09, Today: Time Keeper rolled -1 using 2d6-7. super speed (7).total 6

This message was last edited by the player at 07:09, Fri 08 Aug 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 874 posts
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 00:04
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ian:
Beeline's sting-blast catches the guy you ducked behind, dropping him into a twitching heap. That leaves two mercenaries and you on the balcony. Suddenly, a pair of dark-suited individuals, one male and one female, start shooting at you from inside the shattered french doors!
[OOC: Defend against a Difficulty of 4! Their pistols do 3 Stamina on a hit.]

Nereid:
The two mercenaries left on the veranda with you raise their weapons--nasty-looking submachine-guns--and open fire on you at close range!
[Test Coordination vs a Difficulty of 5. The spray of bullets does 5 Stamina on a hit.]

Ty'daal:
Your water control powers have the cyber-tank off balance and immobilized, nearly ready to tip over. It reverses one set of tracks, trying to intentionally jack-knife itself for added stability, but it's programming was never designed to cope with water that moves by conscious control! As the vehicle struggles to free itself, it's getting closer and closer to Dr. Ishida and his miniature automobile...

Todd:
You catch up to Haikili, who's assessing the situation. "Wanna arm-wrestle for the tank? Or we could just arm-wrestle the tank..."

Angelfish:
From your vantage point near Dexie, the Mayor's lawn looks like a battlefield; a thrashing cyber-tank, an out-of-control VTOL, and blue-armored commandoes swarming over the lovely faux-colonial mansion. You could think of it as a target-rich environment...

Time Keeper:
The half-dozen tangled-up mercs act as an anchor on the gathered lines as your velocity yanks them across the lawn, decellerating you sharply. The upper ends of the lines, anchored in the cargo bay of the VTOL, make the aircraft twist dangerously in mid-air--away from the mansion, but closer to the ground...

Everyone:
[OOC: Gain 1 Determination for the Temporary Complication "No One Is Flying The Plane!" A crash is imminent!]

[OOC: Angelfish can act, Ian and Nereid can defend, then it's a new page!]
Angelfish
 player, 182 posts
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 03:14
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
I did not sign up for this!


Angelfish surveys to chaos and carnage on the once immaculate lawn with a frown.

Suppose to be studying dolphins...  Testing some specialized dive equipment...  Not fighting World War 3 on the Mayor's lawn!

Too damn many things to shoot and waaaay too many possible casualties!!!

She takes a deep breath - or what passes for one in her current environment - and takes very careful aim at the VTOL...

Gotta get this just right...  Get it to break up in mid-air instead of plowing into my friends...

(OOC: 22:05, Today: Angelfish rolled 1,6 using d6,d6. VTOL Explosion!!!
1 - 6 = -5 + 6 (coordination) = 1
Hmm... would spending that point of Determination make enough difference to make it worthwhile?)

Amm-Fibian
 player, 367 posts
 Currently - VTOL Pilot
 Determination: 2
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 03:47
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC:Amm-Fibian rolled 5,5 using d6,d6 ((5,5))
0+6 Danger Sense = 6
Successful dodge, and I'll go ahead and take my action as well.


Ian sees the men pointing weapons at him and raises his hands in surrender. He runs along the balcony and jumps over the railing towards some bushes below.
As he falls, he relinquishes control on the pilot, returning to his own body.
Todd
 player, 316 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 12:03
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Todd clasped Haikili's arm and grins.

 "Arm wrestling a tank sounds good. Let's do it."

With that they head off towards the battle.
Nereid
 player, 249 posts
 Determination:04/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 14:42
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
DainXB - GM:
Nereid:
The two mercenaries left on the veranda with you raise their weapons--nasty-looking submachine-guns--and open fire on you at close range!
[Test Coordination vs a Difficulty of 5. The spray of bullets does 5 Stamina on a hit.]


OOC: Coordination 4
10:36, Today: Nereid rolled 2 using 2d6-7. Nereid ducks

Total 6



Kai dives out of the way

You just once...just once, I would like to show up and the bad guys realize how hopeless it is to fight us and surrender. Just once.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:43, Sat 09 Aug 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 875 posts
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 21:43
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Angelfish:
[OOC: You can tag a Quality that applies, select the minimum level of success you have to have, and use Determined Effort. It'll take 2 Determination to get to a Moderate Success.]

Ian:
You snap back to your own body, still sitting in Dr. Ishida's roadster. There's a huge, looming wall of wet steel very close to the car, and getting closer by the second! Ishida-san is desperately trying to re-start the engine, but based on the sounds the vehicle is making, it is in the condition air-breathers refer to as "flooded".

Nereid:
You dive under the spray of bullets, and roll into a low fighting stance at the edge of the front steps of the Residence. Just then, another mercenary crashes to the ground next to you. He's unmarked, but seems a little dazed...

[OOC: New page! Anyone can act in any order!]
Todd
 player, 317 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Mon 11 Aug 2014
at 13:02
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Todd and Haikili leap, landing on opposite sides of the Ty'daally unbalanced cyber-tank.

"Let's turtle this SOB!" Todd yells to the grinning Hawaiian.

They grab onto the tank and strain, trying to flip it, struggling against the weight and traction of the tank's treads.

Strength 8 + Roll -3 = 5. Would I get a chance for a bonus due to combined effort from an NPC?

If this isn't enough I'll spend a point if Determination and activate Peak Physical Perfection.

Time Keeper
 player, 236 posts
Tue 12 Aug 2014
at 06:50
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Time Keeper keeps pulling with his speed. When he felt he was far enough away from the residence he gave it one more burst and pulled the ropes forward and down hoping to make it crash on the front lawn of the mansion away from the buildings and innocent lives.


OOC: 07:50, Today: Time Keeper rolled 2 using 2d6-7. super speed (7). Total 9

This message was last edited by the player at 06:51, Tue 12 Aug 2014.

Nereid
 player, 250 posts
 Determination:04/03
 Stamina 8/8
Tue 12 Aug 2014
at 15:22
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
In reply to Time Keeper (msg # 35):

Nereid looks at the mercenary, and delivers a kick to his jaw


Sorry dude...I just don't want you shooting me in the back

OOC: Prowess 6


11:21, Today: Nereid rolled -2 using 2d6-7. kick.

Total: 4 if that hits my strength is 3

Amm-Fibian
 player, 370 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 2
Wed 13 Aug 2014
at 00:50
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC: Is something about to hit the car with Ishida and Ian inside?
Angelfish
 player, 183 posts
Wed 13 Aug 2014
at 04:04
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
(OOC: Yeah, definitely want to spend the Determination to bump this up.  Spending Two Determination and tagging "Someone has to...")


Todd
 player, 318 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Wed 13 Aug 2014
at 12:18
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Amm-Fibian:
OOC: Is something about to hit the car with Ishida and Ian inside?

Yeah, the cyber-tank Haikili and I are trying to flip!
Amm-Fibian
 player, 371 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 2
Thu 14 Aug 2014
at 02:10
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Todd:
Amm-Fibian:
OOC: Is something about to hit the car with Ishida and Ian inside?

Yeah, the cyber-tank Haikili and I are trying to flip!

OOC: Copy that, I'll hold my action to see if you Todd & co. succeed!
DainXB - GM
 GM, 878 posts
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 02:41
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Angelfish:
Your missile blows the forward-port winglet completely off of the VTOL; it's auto-pilot tries to compensate, sending the aircraft into a flat spin as it loses altitude...

Time Keeper:
The spinning VTOL winds the rapelling lines into a taut cable. As it crashes into the lawn with a multi-colored explosion and cartwheels, your counter-spiralling run pulls the cable even tighter, grounding the shattered fuselage and preventing it from flipping into the street.

Nereid:
Your kick snaps the chin-strap of the mercenary's helmet, and sends it flying. His dazed look as he crumples to the ground is priceless.

Across the veranda, the helmet's radio is squawking. "Kilo Sierra, fall back! Delta India to Tinker, target not acquired. Repeat, target not acquired... Delta India to Tinker, please respond..."

Todd:
[OOC: Haikili's Strength gives your Test a +1. Activating Peak Physical Perfection or the tank's Complication of Tipping Point for 1 Determination gives you the success you need.]

Haikili slams his shoulders up under the tilted armor-plate of the tread housing, grabs on with both hands, and heaves! Splashing through Ty'daal's surging bed of water to get to your end of the monster tank, you do the same.

The spinning treads kick up a spray of water and fragmented asphalt as the tank tips over! You can hear hydraulics whine as it futilely tries to deploy it's missile launcher.

Haikili offers you a high five. "Turtled!"

[OOC: Ian and Ty'daal can act, and we'll find out what happens to Ishida and his car.]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 372 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 2
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 02:52
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC: Is the tank still sliding towards the car? Is there time for Ian to pop the hood, unplug his oxygen filtration system, plug it into the intake, and unflood the engine as well as act like a very brief turbo charge?
(This is all very Silver Age barely half-science.)

Time Keeper
 player, 239 posts
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 07:24
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
With one last pull Time Keeper watched the VTOL tilt then drop like a stone to the lawn below and skid to a stop a mere foot away from him.

Satisfied the vehicle was now out of the fight the master of time ran back towards the residence to help his team mates round up and contain the last of the attackers.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 879 posts
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 19:30
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ian:
[OOC: Simultaneous with the tank tipping over onto the spot where Ishida's car is stalled, you have the opportunity to take action to ensure that the car isn't on that spot when the tank gets there. Your idea sounds exciting and nearly-plausible; perfect for a Silver Age comic book! :)
Test Intellect vs a Difficulty of 5. You have one chance; Determined Effort applies!]


Time Keeper, Nereid:
The mass of mercenaries tangled in their drop-lines and sprawled across the lawn seem dazed by the rapid spinning they've just undergone. The three mercenaries that remain standing all drop their guns and raise their hands in surrender. The two plainclothes officers (the Mayor's protection detail) step out onto the balcony and start handcuffing the ones up there.

Beeline drops over the railing and lands on top of one of the downed mercenaries. "So, uh... do we actually know what's going on here, or are we winging it?"

Ty'daal, Todd, Angelfish:
The explosive technicolor crash of the VTOL put an end to it's recorded loudspeaker prattle about "martial law". The tank's treads rev forward, then back, but it's cybernetic brain recognizes the futility of the action and ceases. The sudden silence is deafening.
Amm-Fibian
 player, 373 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 2
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 21:36
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC: Amm-Fibian rolled 6,2 using d6,d6 ((6,2))
4 + 9 INT = 13


As he unplugs his oxygen filtration system, popping the hood on Ishida's car, and connecting it to the intake on the engine, Amm-Fibian speaks to Ishida,
"Flooded you say? Luckily I have just seen a rather interesting episode of Top Gear, in which they talked about the use of the crude automotive engine and it's turbo-chargers, as depicted in the film Crazy Max: The Street Warrior. Now, this should be brief, but effective."
Amm-Fibian hangs on to the car.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 880 posts
Sat 16 Aug 2014
at 01:31
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ian:
[Better than a Massive Success!]
Amm-Fib'ian hangs onto the car...
...as the little DX Roadster surges forward like a drag racer coming off the line!

The cyber-tank crashes to the pavement only inches behind the rear bumper as Ishida-san tries desperately to maintain control of the now (temporarily) rocket-powered car!

Ty'daal, Todd, Angelfish:
Hailiki gives the tank a last kick, and turns to you. "Where did these things come from, anyway?" He asks.

[OOC: We're no longer in action phases; you can all narrate freely.]
Todd
 player, 319 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Sat 16 Aug 2014
at 14:32
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Todd shrugs. "Dunno. I leave investigating to the professionals."
Nereid
 player, 251 posts
 Determination:04/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sat 16 Aug 2014
at 15:37
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
DainXB - GM:
Beeline drops over the railing and lands on top of one of the downed mercenaries. "So, uh... do we actually know what's going on here, or are we winging it?"



Totally winging it...I woke up this morning and before I even had my coffee, these guys rolled in. Why? I have no idea...

But I seriously need coffee...wonder if the Mayor will be so kind?

Amm-Fibian
 player, 374 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 2
Sat 16 Aug 2014
at 20:46
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Once Ishida-San gains control and stops the car, Amm-Fibian quickly plugs his oxygen line back into his land suit.
"Ah... that all worked out rather well."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 881 posts
Sat 16 Aug 2014
at 22:05
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Nereid:
Beeline gestures up at the two cops on the balcony. "I don't think his staff are in the mood for more company right now." He surveys the wreckage on the lawn. "We could, y'know, find a coffee shop someplace. I could use a danish; gotta keep my blood-sugar up..." With his strange eyes it's hard to tell, but he seems to be avoiding looking directly at you as he makes the suggestion.

Ian:
Dr. Ishida is pale and trembling. "Rather... well..." he mumbles. "このライフスタイルは私がいつか殺されるとしている..."

Very slowly, he turns the DX and cautiously back-tracks the two blocks to where the rest of your team are gathered.

Angelfish:
Dexie slowly pulls up, and Ishida-san gets out of the car, a little shakily. "Are you all right?" He asks.
Nereid
 player, 252 posts
 Determination:04/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sun 17 Aug 2014
at 23:19
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
DainXB - GM:
Nereid:
Beeline gestures up at the two cops on the balcony. "I don't think his staff are in the mood for more company right now." He surveys the wreckage on the lawn. "We could, y'know, find a coffee shop someplace. I could use a danish; gotta keep my blood-sugar up..." With his strange eyes it's hard to tell, but he seems to be avoiding looking directly at you as he makes the suggestion.


I like how you think, my friend. Let's just make sure everything is secure and see if the team needs anything and then you and I are off for coffee and sugar.  Or in my case, liquid caffeine with sugar mixed with tasty doughy goodness and sugar.

Normally I am an all natural nut muffin girl...but we saved the city, I think I've earned a few empty calories.


She turns to the others

So...anyone actually know what was going on here.
Ty'daal
 player, 229 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Sun 17 Aug 2014
at 23:45
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ty'daal shrugged at Nereid's question, "Once again, save for the small group of champions you are a part of, your people seem incapable of recognizing or responding to dangers. I shudder to think where the surface dwellers would be without the few who fight to protect it."
Nereid
 player, 253 posts
 Determination:04/03
 Stamina 8/8
Mon 18 Aug 2014
at 02:31
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
In reply to Ty'daal (msg # 52):

Nereid nods as Ty'daal speaks

Yep you are so right, Ty'daal

then she leans over to Angelfish and whispers

why is it the better the abs the worse the attitude?
Angelfish
 player, 184 posts
Mon 18 Aug 2014
at 05:09
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
quote:
Ishida-san gets out of the car, a little shakily. "Are you all right?"


Angelfish smiles reassuringly, and places a gauntlet-clad hand gently on Ishida's shoulder,

{I'm fine.  You, on the other hand, look a little green around the gills.}

quote:
So...anyone actually know what was going on here.


Angelfish turns to join the team conversation...

quote:
why is it the better the abs the worse the attitude?


...and laughs soundlessly at Nereid's observation.  She winks, shrugs, and gestures slightly at Ishida - leaving unsaid the fact that she's dating the "brains" rather than the "brawn". Shaking her head as if to clear it, Angelfish returns to the problem at hand.

{Do we know where this "Tinker" guy is?  From what Ian told me, he's behind all this.}
Amm-Fibian
 player, 375 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 2
Mon 18 Aug 2014
at 11:59
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
"Ishida-San doesn't have any gills, and his coloration isn't green. Are you perhaps confusing him with me?
As for Tinker, he was in the VTOL last I saw him."

Angelfish
 player, 185 posts
Mon 18 Aug 2014
at 21:14
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
{It's a figure-of-speech, Ian.}

Angelfish turns to look at the downed VTOL.

{Right now, we need to take Tinker into custody!  If he gets away after all this...}

Todd
 player, 320 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Tue 19 Aug 2014
at 04:42
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Todd's been idly occupying himself breaking off bits of the tank and juggling them.

"So - we worked out a plan yet? If so, who do you want me to hit?"
DainXB - GM
 GM, 882 posts
Tue 19 Aug 2014
at 21:01
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Everyone:
As you've been talking, you're starting to hear sirens from around the city. Apparently now that the police stations, fire stations, and hospitals are no longer surrounded by the Tinker's army, the emergency response units are able to get to work.

One set of sirens is getting closer--and fast! Three black SUVs with discrete gray "Multinational Investigation Bureau" logos on their doors pull up at a respectful distance from the upside-down cyber-tank. Detective Jones gets out of the passenger side of the lead SUV. His jacket is missing and his shirt looks a little tattered, but his shoulder-holster is all business.

"Ian!" He shouts, jogging forward as other dark-suited men deploy. "What the Hell happened to the other tanks? We're getting reports from all over town that they just vanished!" He huffs to a stop next to Ishida's car. "I don't know what happened--but I can guess that you folks caused it."
Amm-Fibian
 player, 376 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 2
Tue 19 Aug 2014
at 21:44
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
"The fundamental instability of Tinker's science allowed us to remove the tanks and VTOL's as a threat, except for these which are obviously the original designs. Score another victory for reckless heroism."
Angelfish
 player, 186 posts
Wed 20 Aug 2014
at 05:18
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
quote:
So - we worked out a plan yet? If so, who do you want me to hit?


{Not hit, tackle!  We need the Tinker in custody - think you can pry him out of his shell, Todd?}

Angelfish sprints toward the downed VTOL as sirens begin to sound and three black SUVs come screaming up the road...

This message was last edited by the player at 05:19, Wed 20 Aug 2014.

Todd
 player, 321 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Wed 20 Aug 2014
at 22:14
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Todd races behind Angelfish, grinning.

"I'll give it a shot."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 883 posts
Thu 21 Aug 2014
at 21:19
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Angelfish, Todd:
The technicolor explosion when the VTOL spun into the ground and cartwheeled sent shattered wreckage all across the spacious yard of the Residence. Time Keeper managed to conrol the main fuselage, which is split end-to-end and smoldering mere feet from where he was standing. The cockpit separated and accordioned into a crumpled mass near the street. Segments of the three remaining winglets and the tail structure are (sort-of) identifiable.

[OOC: Both of you test Awareness vs a Difficulty of 5 as you sort through the wreckage.]

Ian, Ty'daal, Time Keeper, Nereid:
Detective Jones looks at the upside-down tank. "Well, the Army'll be happy to get their prototype back--or what's left of it anyway." He amends, looking at the bits Todd tore off. "Guess the Air Force is out of luck though..." he finishes, looking toward the scattered VTOL wreckage.

He turns back to Ian. "Where's the Tinker? Director Winkler's had a cell picked out for him for years."
Amm-Fibian
 player, 377 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 2
Thu 21 Aug 2014
at 21:30
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Amm-Fibian points.
"Well Detective, Angelfish and Todd are working on that very thing as you speak."
Todd
 player, 322 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Thu 21 Aug 2014
at 22:26
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Todd casually kicks a few bits of wreckage around,, not quite sure what he's looking for.

He does notice -

Awareness 6 + Roll 0 = 6. He notices something.
Angelfish
 player, 187 posts
Fri 22 Aug 2014
at 04:03
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Up close, Angelfish realizes that the VTOL broke up on impact much worse than she had initially realized...

Still, The Tinker needed to be taken into custody - if, indeed, he had survived the crash...

Carefully, she begins to sort through the wreckage, worried about just what she and Todd might find...  There!  What's that?!


(OOC: 22:58, Today: Angelfish rolled 3,1 using d6,d6. Looking for Tinker..
+2 + 5 (awareness) = +7)

DainXB - GM
 GM, 884 posts
Fri 22 Aug 2014
at 23:52
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Todd:
You feel a strange sensation inside your head, as you look at the bits and pieces of gear strewn around the split-open fuselage. You're not sure, but you think that your forehead is bulging outward as your brainpower expands...

Your evolved future-intellect is very good at pattern-recognition: The shrink-ray emitter is smashed flat where the VTOL landed on it--but it's aimed back-to-front, as if at the last second it had been turned to face inside the plane. Inside the fusealge wreckage, there's no sign of any control panel to run the emitter--even though cables threading trough the debris seem to head toward one spot. And all of those cables have mirror-surfaced ends--they've been cut cleanly at the molecular level.

Angelfish:
Fortunately, despite your fears there are no dead bodies (or parts of dead bodies) to be found. Nor any blood... Or any sign of the Tinker at all.

As the VTOL cartwheeled, it dug huge divots out of the Mayor's lovely lawn. It's only been a few minutes since that happened, but already, inside one of the slashes of exposed dirt, you can see streams of industrious ants beginning to repair their nest. It's a nice metaphor for whats going on in the entire city; as above, so below...

Waitaminute--below!

[OOC: You are all free to act or converse.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:55, Sat 23 Aug 2014.

Todd
 player, 323 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Tue 26 Aug 2014
at 06:07
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
"Hey, science guys, you might want to check this out. If I had to hazard a guess I'd suggest someone has performed a sub-molecular z-scalar transformation on himself to effect an escape."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 885 posts
Fri 29 Aug 2014
at 00:51
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Everyone:
Detective Jones gestures to a couple of the agents from the black SUVs, who immediately unpack what seems to be an elaborate sensor platform on a tripod. Cables run from the sensors to a ruggedized laptop. One of the tech-agents looks up from the screen at Detective Jones, Ian, and Dr. Ishida. "Sir! He's right! There's a residual energy signature that matches the Primary Event in the lab!"

Detective Jones frowns. "The Director is not gonna be happy." He draws a deep breath and lets it out slowly, thinking. Then he turns to Ian and Ishida-san. "The shrink-ray's smashed, and the control console's gotta be about this big right now..." He holds up a finger and thumb, nearly touching. "Is there any way to get this guy?"

Todd:
[OOC: Since you're in "Big Head Todd" mode, feel free to contribute to the sciencing. :)]

Everyone:
[OOC:Actually, everyone should feel free to contribute to the sciencing. If you can't come up with a way to pursue the Tinker and he escapes to scheme another day, we can advance to Issue 5.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:47, Fri 29 Aug 2014.

Todd
 player, 324 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Fri 29 Aug 2014
at 02:39
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
If only Icons used the Atomic Robo "brainstorming" rules. ;)

I'll hold off until the players with direct experience of the shrink ray have a go.

Amm-Fibian
 player, 378 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 2
Fri 29 Aug 2014
at 03:27
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
"To catch him now, we must make being tiny extremely difficult for him. Ty'Daal, flood the ground with water! He will have to grow, or drown."
Ty'daal
 player, 230 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Fri 29 Aug 2014
at 03:35
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Nodding, Ty'daal gathers all the remaining water around the area and begins 'stacking' it in and around the tank trying to reveal the villain.

(23:33, Today: Ty'daal rolled 5,3 using D6,d6 with rolls of 5,3. Flood (Water Control +5). Total: +7)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 886 posts
Fri 29 Aug 2014
at 23:39
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Everyone:
As Ty'daal's slow wave of water floods the Mayor's lawn, the scurrying ants seek shelter by clinging to one another creating "living rafts", or climbing up the scattered VTOL wreckage.

Time Keeper:
[OOC: Highest Awareness among the PCs.]
You hear it first--a tiny, tinny sound. It's almost but not quite like a human voice, just impossibly high-pitched. "Help me! Help me!"

It's coming from the edge of the debris field, where Ty'daals waterworks are soaking into a hole in the lawn cut by VTOL shrapnel!

Nereid:
[OOC: Second-highest Awareness.]
Maybe it's your recent collaboration with Beeline, but you find yourself noticing the ants more than you might otherwise. Insects have fascinating adapatations--like the way these ants clump together to help one another float.

You're looking at the ants when you spot a tiny flash of blue--a jumpsuited human figure only a couple of millimeters tall, struggling to stay on top of a rolling raft of ants!

Everyone:
MiB agents swoop in, and collect the Tinker in a sample vial! Detective Jones holds him up to one eye as the miniscule megalomaniac hammers on the glass with both fists. "Not exactly the cell Director Winkler had in mind--but it'll do!"

[OOC: Congratulations! You've saved the city and captured a villainous mastermind! Stay tuned, true believers, for Issue #5 of Untarnished Silver!]

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:47, Fri 29 Aug 2014.