E4S9 - Mayor's Residence -TK.   Posted by DainXB - GM.Group: 0
Amm-Fibian
 player, 365 posts
 Currently - VTOL Pilot
 Determination: 0
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 07:56
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ian calmly stands up, walks over, and unplugs the shrink gun.
He then salutes Tinker and runs for an escape hatch...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 872 posts
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 09:24
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Time Keeper:
[OOC: You can tag "Master of Time" for Determined Effort. That costs you 2 more Determination to get a Moderate Success. You create the Temporary Challenge "Tangled Down!" for the bad guys.]

The mercenaries who haven't unclipped their rapelling lines find themselves twisted into a tight cluster, and tangled in their own harnesses. It will take them a page (at least) to get free.

There are three left standing on the upper balcony with Beeline, and two on the veranda with Nereid.

Ian:
The good news is... the VTOL is only about twenty feet above the upstairs balcony of the Residence. Your mercenary's armor absorbs the impact of your landing handily.

The bad news is... your mercenary looks just like all the other blue-armored goons up here. Beeline can't tell you from them, and neither can Time Keeper.

[OOC: Gain 1 Determination for the Temporary Challenge "Just Another Face In The Crowd". Then defend against Beeline's Coordination 4 "sting-blasts"!]

The other bad news is... the VTOL is only about twenty feet above you--and dropping fast!

[OOC: Angelfish is up, then it's a new page!]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 366 posts
 Currently - VTOL Pilot
 Determination: 1
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 11:27
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC: Danger Sense Dodge! Amm-Fibian rolled 5,5 using d6,d6
0 + 6 Danger Sense = 6


Ian steps quickly behind the other mercs, letting them absorb the Bee Blasts.
Todd
 player, 315 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 16:33
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
A dazed and sore Todd drags himself out of the furrow.

"Let's try that again. Without the getting shot bit."

Todd leaps toward the fight, this time taking a series of shorter low-profile jumps.
Time Keeper
 player, 235 posts
Fri 8 Aug 2014
at 07:08
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Still holding on to the ropes he managed to gather up and with a number of bodies tangled up in them Time keeper realised they were still attached to the VTOL overhead.

With a wicked smile on his masked face he found a time ribbon that lead away from the mayor's resistance and pulled it with all his time control might. He hoped that if he was able to get enough velocity from shooting down it he could pull the VTOL away from the building and their guns off target.

OOC: 08:09, Today: Time Keeper rolled -1 using 2d6-7. super speed (7).total 6

This message was last edited by the player at 07:09, Fri 08 Aug 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 874 posts
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 00:04
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ian:
Beeline's sting-blast catches the guy you ducked behind, dropping him into a twitching heap. That leaves two mercenaries and you on the balcony. Suddenly, a pair of dark-suited individuals, one male and one female, start shooting at you from inside the shattered french doors!
[OOC: Defend against a Difficulty of 4! Their pistols do 3 Stamina on a hit.]

Nereid:
The two mercenaries left on the veranda with you raise their weapons--nasty-looking submachine-guns--and open fire on you at close range!
[Test Coordination vs a Difficulty of 5. The spray of bullets does 5 Stamina on a hit.]

Ty'daal:
Your water control powers have the cyber-tank off balance and immobilized, nearly ready to tip over. It reverses one set of tracks, trying to intentionally jack-knife itself for added stability, but it's programming was never designed to cope with water that moves by conscious control! As the vehicle struggles to free itself, it's getting closer and closer to Dr. Ishida and his miniature automobile...

Todd:
You catch up to Haikili, who's assessing the situation. "Wanna arm-wrestle for the tank? Or we could just arm-wrestle the tank..."

Angelfish:
From your vantage point near Dexie, the Mayor's lawn looks like a battlefield; a thrashing cyber-tank, an out-of-control VTOL, and blue-armored commandoes swarming over the lovely faux-colonial mansion. You could think of it as a target-rich environment...

Time Keeper:
The half-dozen tangled-up mercs act as an anchor on the gathered lines as your velocity yanks them across the lawn, decellerating you sharply. The upper ends of the lines, anchored in the cargo bay of the VTOL, make the aircraft twist dangerously in mid-air--away from the mansion, but closer to the ground...

Everyone:
[OOC: Gain 1 Determination for the Temporary Complication "No One Is Flying The Plane!" A crash is imminent!]

[OOC: Angelfish can act, Ian and Nereid can defend, then it's a new page!]
Angelfish
 player, 182 posts
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 03:14
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
I did not sign up for this!


Angelfish surveys to chaos and carnage on the once immaculate lawn with a frown.

Suppose to be studying dolphins...  Testing some specialized dive equipment...  Not fighting World War 3 on the Mayor's lawn!

Too damn many things to shoot and waaaay too many possible casualties!!!

She takes a deep breath - or what passes for one in her current environment - and takes very careful aim at the VTOL...

Gotta get this just right...  Get it to break up in mid-air instead of plowing into my friends...

(OOC: 22:05, Today: Angelfish rolled 1,6 using d6,d6. VTOL Explosion!!!
1 - 6 = -5 + 6 (coordination) = 1
Hmm... would spending that point of Determination make enough difference to make it worthwhile?)

Amm-Fibian
 player, 367 posts
 Currently - VTOL Pilot
 Determination: 2
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 03:47
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC:Amm-Fibian rolled 5,5 using d6,d6 ((5,5))
0+6 Danger Sense = 6
Successful dodge, and I'll go ahead and take my action as well.


Ian sees the men pointing weapons at him and raises his hands in surrender. He runs along the balcony and jumps over the railing towards some bushes below.
As he falls, he relinquishes control on the pilot, returning to his own body.
Todd
 player, 316 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 12:03
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Todd clasped Haikili's arm and grins.

 "Arm wrestling a tank sounds good. Let's do it."

With that they head off towards the battle.
Nereid
 player, 249 posts
 Determination:04/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 14:42
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
DainXB - GM:
Nereid:
The two mercenaries left on the veranda with you raise their weapons--nasty-looking submachine-guns--and open fire on you at close range!
[Test Coordination vs a Difficulty of 5. The spray of bullets does 5 Stamina on a hit.]


OOC: Coordination 4
10:36, Today: Nereid rolled 2 using 2d6-7. Nereid ducks

Total 6



Kai dives out of the way

You just once...just once, I would like to show up and the bad guys realize how hopeless it is to fight us and surrender. Just once.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:43, Sat 09 Aug 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 875 posts
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 21:43
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Angelfish:
[OOC: You can tag a Quality that applies, select the minimum level of success you have to have, and use Determined Effort. It'll take 2 Determination to get to a Moderate Success.]

Ian:
You snap back to your own body, still sitting in Dr. Ishida's roadster. There's a huge, looming wall of wet steel very close to the car, and getting closer by the second! Ishida-san is desperately trying to re-start the engine, but based on the sounds the vehicle is making, it is in the condition air-breathers refer to as "flooded".

Nereid:
You dive under the spray of bullets, and roll into a low fighting stance at the edge of the front steps of the Residence. Just then, another mercenary crashes to the ground next to you. He's unmarked, but seems a little dazed...

[OOC: New page! Anyone can act in any order!]
Todd
 player, 317 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Mon 11 Aug 2014
at 13:02
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Todd and Haikili leap, landing on opposite sides of the Ty'daally unbalanced cyber-tank.

"Let's turtle this SOB!" Todd yells to the grinning Hawaiian.

They grab onto the tank and strain, trying to flip it, struggling against the weight and traction of the tank's treads.

Strength 8 + Roll -3 = 5. Would I get a chance for a bonus due to combined effort from an NPC?

If this isn't enough I'll spend a point if Determination and activate Peak Physical Perfection.

Time Keeper
 player, 236 posts
Tue 12 Aug 2014
at 06:50
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Time Keeper keeps pulling with his speed. When he felt he was far enough away from the residence he gave it one more burst and pulled the ropes forward and down hoping to make it crash on the front lawn of the mansion away from the buildings and innocent lives.


OOC: 07:50, Today: Time Keeper rolled 2 using 2d6-7. super speed (7). Total 9

This message was last edited by the player at 06:51, Tue 12 Aug 2014.

Nereid
 player, 250 posts
 Determination:04/03
 Stamina 8/8
Tue 12 Aug 2014
at 15:22
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
In reply to Time Keeper (msg # 35):

Nereid looks at the mercenary, and delivers a kick to his jaw


Sorry dude...I just don't want you shooting me in the back

OOC: Prowess 6


11:21, Today: Nereid rolled -2 using 2d6-7. kick.

Total: 4 if that hits my strength is 3

Amm-Fibian
 player, 370 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 2
Wed 13 Aug 2014
at 00:50
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC: Is something about to hit the car with Ishida and Ian inside?
Angelfish
 player, 183 posts
Wed 13 Aug 2014
at 04:04
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
(OOC: Yeah, definitely want to spend the Determination to bump this up.  Spending Two Determination and tagging "Someone has to...")


Todd
 player, 318 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Wed 13 Aug 2014
at 12:18
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Amm-Fibian:
OOC: Is something about to hit the car with Ishida and Ian inside?

Yeah, the cyber-tank Haikili and I are trying to flip!
Amm-Fibian
 player, 371 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 2
Thu 14 Aug 2014
at 02:10
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Todd:
Amm-Fibian:
OOC: Is something about to hit the car with Ishida and Ian inside?

Yeah, the cyber-tank Haikili and I are trying to flip!

OOC: Copy that, I'll hold my action to see if you Todd & co. succeed!
DainXB - GM
 GM, 878 posts
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 02:41
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Angelfish:
Your missile blows the forward-port winglet completely off of the VTOL; it's auto-pilot tries to compensate, sending the aircraft into a flat spin as it loses altitude...

Time Keeper:
The spinning VTOL winds the rapelling lines into a taut cable. As it crashes into the lawn with a multi-colored explosion and cartwheels, your counter-spiralling run pulls the cable even tighter, grounding the shattered fuselage and preventing it from flipping into the street.

Nereid:
Your kick snaps the chin-strap of the mercenary's helmet, and sends it flying. His dazed look as he crumples to the ground is priceless.

Across the veranda, the helmet's radio is squawking. "Kilo Sierra, fall back! Delta India to Tinker, target not acquired. Repeat, target not acquired... Delta India to Tinker, please respond..."

Todd:
[OOC: Haikili's Strength gives your Test a +1. Activating Peak Physical Perfection or the tank's Complication of Tipping Point for 1 Determination gives you the success you need.]

Haikili slams his shoulders up under the tilted armor-plate of the tread housing, grabs on with both hands, and heaves! Splashing through Ty'daal's surging bed of water to get to your end of the monster tank, you do the same.

The spinning treads kick up a spray of water and fragmented asphalt as the tank tips over! You can hear hydraulics whine as it futilely tries to deploy it's missile launcher.

Haikili offers you a high five. "Turtled!"

[OOC: Ian and Ty'daal can act, and we'll find out what happens to Ishida and his car.]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 372 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 2
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 02:52
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC: Is the tank still sliding towards the car? Is there time for Ian to pop the hood, unplug his oxygen filtration system, plug it into the intake, and unflood the engine as well as act like a very brief turbo charge?
(This is all very Silver Age barely half-science.)

Time Keeper
 player, 239 posts
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 07:24
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
With one last pull Time Keeper watched the VTOL tilt then drop like a stone to the lawn below and skid to a stop a mere foot away from him.

Satisfied the vehicle was now out of the fight the master of time ran back towards the residence to help his team mates round up and contain the last of the attackers.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 879 posts
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 19:30
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ian:
[OOC: Simultaneous with the tank tipping over onto the spot where Ishida's car is stalled, you have the opportunity to take action to ensure that the car isn't on that spot when the tank gets there. Your idea sounds exciting and nearly-plausible; perfect for a Silver Age comic book! :)
Test Intellect vs a Difficulty of 5. You have one chance; Determined Effort applies!]


Time Keeper, Nereid:
The mass of mercenaries tangled in their drop-lines and sprawled across the lawn seem dazed by the rapid spinning they've just undergone. The three mercenaries that remain standing all drop their guns and raise their hands in surrender. The two plainclothes officers (the Mayor's protection detail) step out onto the balcony and start handcuffing the ones up there.

Beeline drops over the railing and lands on top of one of the downed mercenaries. "So, uh... do we actually know what's going on here, or are we winging it?"

Ty'daal, Todd, Angelfish:
The explosive technicolor crash of the VTOL put an end to it's recorded loudspeaker prattle about "martial law". The tank's treads rev forward, then back, but it's cybernetic brain recognizes the futility of the action and ceases. The sudden silence is deafening.
Amm-Fibian
 player, 373 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 2
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 21:36
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC: Amm-Fibian rolled 6,2 using d6,d6 ((6,2))
4 + 9 INT = 13


As he unplugs his oxygen filtration system, popping the hood on Ishida's car, and connecting it to the intake on the engine, Amm-Fibian speaks to Ishida,
"Flooded you say? Luckily I have just seen a rather interesting episode of Top Gear, in which they talked about the use of the crude automotive engine and it's turbo-chargers, as depicted in the film Crazy Max: The Street Warrior. Now, this should be brief, but effective."
Amm-Fibian hangs on to the car.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 880 posts
Sat 16 Aug 2014
at 01:31
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ian:
[Better than a Massive Success!]
Amm-Fib'ian hangs onto the car...
...as the little DX Roadster surges forward like a drag racer coming off the line!

The cyber-tank crashes to the pavement only inches behind the rear bumper as Ishida-san tries desperately to maintain control of the now (temporarily) rocket-powered car!

Ty'daal, Todd, Angelfish:
Hailiki gives the tank a last kick, and turns to you. "Where did these things come from, anyway?" He asks.

[OOC: We're no longer in action phases; you can all narrate freely.]
Todd
 player, 319 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Sat 16 Aug 2014
at 14:32
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Todd shrugs. "Dunno. I leave investigating to the professionals."