E4S9 - Mayor's Residence -TK.   Posted by DainXB - GM.Group: 0
DainXB - GM
 GM, 852 posts
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 02:35
E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Time Keeper:
The lovely colonial-style home of Mayor Mike Arakawa belonged to his father, "Big Mike" Arakawa when he was Mayor. The current Mayor grew up here.

Of course, the neighborhood was a little nicer back then--it didn't have a big, shiny smooth-surfaced cyber-tank parked across the street, and a VTOL dropping blue-armored commandoes hovering overhead!

Relative to your perception of time, the anti-personnel machinegun turrets on the war machine's flanks are moving slowly to track you--meaning that in "real time" they're zeroing in on you with blinding speed!

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:14, Fri 18 July 2014.

Time Keeper
 player, 228 posts
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 11:32
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
spotting the tanks slowly turning he knew he could out race them but the area explosion was another thing.  He started to weave in and out between the tanks so they would not be able to track and fire without hitting one another then when they were totally spun round he hit full speed towards the mayor's house and  in through the front door.

Constantly riding the time stream he assessed the situation from within.


OOC:12:33, Today: Time Keeper rolled 3 using 2d6-7. super speed (7). Total 10

This message was last edited by the player at 11:34, Mon 21 July 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 863 posts
Fri 25 Jul 2014
at 01:04
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Time Keeper:
[OOC: Just to clarify; there's one cyber-tank & one VTOL. And twelve commandos.]

The front door is a slab of white-painted oak. No matter how easily it swings in "real time" it has the inertia of a truck when you're trying to move it at hyper-speed. The instant it opens wide enough you slip through--just in the nick of time; a spray of slow-motion bullets shatter the living room windows the instant you're inside! The first commandos have their boots on the roof as you race through the house and find Mayor Arakawa. He's with two plainclothes police officers, moving in slow-motion toward a door concealed behind a bookcase in the den. One officer is transmitting over a radio concealed in his sleeve. The other has her sidearm drawn and pointed at the ceiling as she covers the Mayor's entrance into the panic room.

Nereid:
Clamped tightly to the front of Beeline's torso by his crossed arms, you have an excellent aerial view of the situation. The large two-story colonial mansion has a wide veranda and an upstairs balcony; blue-armored mercenaries rapelling down from the hovering VTOL have seized the balcony and are smashing their way inside! The cyber-tank on the front lawn makes a buzz-saw sound as it's machineguns spray the veranda and front door! A curved driveway goes around to the rear of the house and the detached garage.

Beeline's mouth is right beside your ear; you can hear him over the wind, the buzzing of his wings--and the gunfire. "I'm lousy at turning; we can't circle while you do your thing! Pick where you want to land--before they see us coming!"

Todd:
Your leap carries you past Haikili--you're in the lead! That of course means that you're the primary target of the shiny, smooth-surfaced cyber-tank parked on the Mayor's lawn! It's main turret tracks your trajectory, the railgun elevates until you're looking directly down it's square bore.

[OOC: Defend against a Difficulty of 6! The railgun does 7 Stamina if it hits!]

Angelfish, Ian, Ty'daal:
Ty'daal's surfing-wave of municipal water takes him out in front of Dexie, even though Ishida's got the accellerator on the floor. Approaching the Mayor's Residence, Ishida-san suddenly puts the car into a screeching skid as he spots the cyber-tank! "I thought the shockwave was supposed to shrink all of those things!"

Ian:
You already know the answer to the scientist's unspoken question. It did shrink all of the "enlarged" tanks--leaving only the one the Tinker stole; the original, full-sized prototype! A vehicle with none of the weaknesses of it's copies...

[OOC: Todd can defend, then anyone can act in any order!]
Nereid
 player, 245 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Fri 25 Jul 2014
at 17:46
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 3):

Seeing Ty'daal's wave and the vehicle, she points.

Let's land there...that's my team (most of the them) we can rally and go to work from there.

As the land beside Dexie, Nereid waves

Hey team...this is Beeline, he's been fighting the army too. So I see Todd has jumped into a fight already, do we have a plan or should we just attack?
Angelfish
 player, 181 posts
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 04:55
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Angelfish slides off of Dexie's trunk (trying her damnedest to make it look like a graceful, deliberate dismount, rather than being slung forcefully off by Ishida-san's mad driving).  She waves an acknowledgment to Beeline and grins at Nereid.

{Plan?  Since when does this team ever have a plan?!}

She scans the scene on the mayor's lawn, {Gotta take out the tank and the VTOL.  I don't have the firepower to punch a hole in those things, but the treads and intakes are vulnerable...  Ty'daal?  Can you and Beeline handle those guys?} She gestures at the commandos,  {Don't want to risk hitting Todd, but I'm pretty sure I can hit that VTOL...}

(OOC:  Angelfish is assuming that Nereid has brought Beeline into the conversation.  Has she?)

Angelfish takes careful aim, directing her missile, not at the VTOL, but at the engine intake...

(OOC: 23:49, Today: Angelfish rolled 2,4 using d6,d6. Disable VTOL.
-2 + 6(coordination) = +4)

Time Keeper
 player, 229 posts
Tue 29 Jul 2014
at 10:47
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Seeing that the mayor and his guards are so close to the panic room Time Keeper brings the time stream back to the present and is next to them when they return to real time "Mister Mayor if you would be so kind as to quickly enter the safe room and secure the door behind you I and my friends will endeavour to end this situation as quickly as possible."

DainXB - GM
 GM, 864 posts
Fri 1 Aug 2014
at 04:10
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Time Keeper:
Mayor Arakawa steps into the panic room; the female officer secures the door behind him. Her male partner looks at you in surprise. "Time Keeper? I'm on the radio with the Liloa Precinct. Aren't you... there?"

Meanwhile, things are (ahem) moving fast! You can hear breaking glass somewhere on the second floor of the house; suddenly the roar of the hovering VTOL's turbines is much louder.

Angelfish:
Your missile races into one of the VTOL's engine intakes, exploding inside! The aircraft drops, coming perilously close to the roof of the Residence before recovering on it's three remaining turbofans. The other VTOLs all had lasers mounted in chin-turrets. This one lacks that feature. Instead, it deploys something larger out of the "bomb-bay" the commandoes dropped from, and swivels it toward you...

Ian:
You recognize the device that's now pointing at your group--it looks just like the shrink-ray emitters you saw in the lab!

[OOC: Still waiting on Todd to defend against the railgun attack; meanwhile, Nereid, Ian, and Ty'daal can act!]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 359 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Fri 1 Aug 2014
at 05:02
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC: Can Ian see the pilot of the VTOL?
If not, does he have eyes on any mercenary leader types?
(Planning on using the TUNA, just need to pick a target.)

DainXB - GM
 GM, 866 posts
Fri 1 Aug 2014
at 10:38
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ian:
The VTOL's canopy is gold anodized, like a NASA space helmet--but you can see the shadowy form of the pilot well enough to target him.
Amm-Fibian
 player, 360 posts
 Currently - Amm-Fibian
 Determination: 0
Fri 1 Aug 2014
at 10:59
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC: Amm-Fibian rolled 3,2 using d6,d6 ((3,2))
1 + 6 (possession) = 7


"Ishida-san, mind my body please." He turns and raises the TUNA. Then he turns back. "Uh... That was a pun, but also a request."
Amm-Fibian aims at the pilots form and fires the TUNA.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:01, Fri 01 Aug 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 867 posts
Sat 2 Aug 2014
at 03:55
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ian:
[OOC: Major success! That means you've got this guy for the rest of the Chapter.]

Suddenly, you're at the controls of the VTOL transport! A quarter of your console is flashing red lights, thanks to Angelfish's missile strike. The control yoke is shuddering in your grip, and the craft is pitching hard toward the starboard-stern.

Behind your pilot's seat the cabin broadens. Dr. Vernon Toomey is clinging to a semi-circular console that mostly fills that space, leg braced wide against the shifting accelleration. "Stabilize, you dolt!" He shouts. "You're affecting my aim!" He peers into a console-mounted monitor. "What a bold statement in swimwear..." he murmers, zeroing in. "Let's see how it fares against the ants."

[OOC: Todd can defend against the railgun attack; meanwhile, Nereid and Ty'daal can act!]
Ty'daal
 player, 224 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Sat 2 Aug 2014
at 04:04
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ty'daal races towards the tank, then raises his arms summoning the water he had surfed to the area with and pushed it forward trying to flip the tank over on its roof with an inland wave of water.

(00:01, Today: Ty'daal rolled 4,3 using d6,d6 with rolls of 4,3. Water Control (+5). Total: +6)
Nereid
 player, 246 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Sat 2 Aug 2014
at 22:46
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
In reply to Ty'daal (msg # 12):


Nereid looks at Beeline.

Okay, friend...let's kick butt and take names.


OOC: are there any troops I can engage in Hand to Hand (been a while since I've gotten all fist to cuff like)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 869 posts
Mon 4 Aug 2014
at 04:19
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ty'daal:
The crack! of the railgun firing is still ringing in the air as your wave smashes into the tank's front glacis and swirls underneath it like a living thing. The forward hull lifts--but the rear hull's tracks slam into motion, forcing the vehicle forward through the resistant "surf". With only half it's treads on the ground, it's (very temporarily) swamped, but it's still right side up...

The railgun can't depress far enough to aim at you--but the machinegun turrets can!

[OOC: Defend against a Difficulty of 3. The MGs do 5 Stamina on a hit. If you want to spend Determination to use Determined Effort to flip the tank, you can.]

Nereid:
The Tinker's commandos are swarming the Mayor's Residence, smashing the french doors to the second floor balcony to get inside, and rapelling down to ground level to charge through the front door that Time Keeper used.

Beeline says "I'll take the high road, you take the low road!" You can hear the grin in his voice, as he sprints across the now-soggy lawn and takes to the air. You sprint after him, getting to the broad veranda just as three mercenaries unhook their drop-lines.

[OOC: Test Prowess vs a Difficulty of 5 to go "fist-to-cuff" with these guys.]

[OOC: Todd & Ty'daal can defend, Nereid can attack, then Time Keeper, Ian, and Angelfish are up! (Whew!)]
Todd
 player, 314 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 13:53
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Todd tries to twist to avoid the the shot, but a ballistic trajectory doesn't give him many options.

FWOOOOM!!!

He takes the hit and goes down, hard.

Argh. I missed the shift to this thread.

Coord 6 + Acro 1 + a Roll -3 = 4. Hit.

Guess that explains why I've been slow to post. ;)

Nereid
 player, 248 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 8/8
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 16:31
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
In reply to Todd (msg # 15):

OOC: Prowess 6
12:25, Today: Nereid rolled 2 using 2d6-7. opening the can of...

6+2=8

So I hit...now my ability to hit is much better than my ability to harm Strength 3



Nereid leaps to action using leverage she gives one of the mercenaries a stiff judo throw
Ty'daal
 player, 225 posts
 Stamina: 5/12
 Determination: 7/4
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 18:08
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ty'daal slings his hand at the turret and a pressurized stream of water from the wave that had failed to flip the tank over shoots up, knocking the barrel of the machine gun upwards, sending bullets firing harmlessly into the sky.

(14:05, Today: Ty'daal rolled 6,3 using d6,d6 with rolls of 6,3. Water Control (+5). Total: +8)
Amm-Fibian
 player, 363 posts
 Currently - VTOL Pilot
 Determination: 0
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 21:43
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Swinging the VTOL wildly, trying to familiarize with the controls, Ian says,
"Errrr... copy that, Roger Roger. We're in the pipe, five by five."

OOC: Ian will either:
a) unplug the shrink weapon, if he sees the means.
b) Swivel the VTOL so the weapon fires at the troops entering the building.
c) get control of the VTOL and scrape the turret off the VTOL with a low buzz of the building.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:44, Tue 05 Aug 2014.

Time Keeper
 player, 232 posts
Wed 6 Aug 2014
at 06:50
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
OOC: Dain a thought

This message was last edited by the player at 06:51, Wed 06 Aug 2014.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 870 posts
Wed 6 Aug 2014
at 23:06
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Time Keeper:
[OOC: an answer. :)]

Todd:
Your peak physical perfection serves you well--your last second acrobatic twist in the air causes the railgun penetrator to miss you by milimeters! Unfortunately, it's traveling at something like three times the speed of sound, and the shockwave it's dragging is nasty. It's worse than being hit by a truck; it's more like being hit by a hurricane. Your hair snaps forward around your face as your ballistic vector suddenly reverses. Your joint's crack as you windmill. Stuff breaks--maybe bones. You're not sure where your shoes are...

Actually, you're not sure where you are... Until the remains of your jacket starts to abrade away on the asphalt as you land. You're two blocks away from the divot Haikili just made in the Mayor's yard.

Looking at the bright side; the divot you just made in the street is way bigger.

Nereid:
Your first jab at a mercenary knocks the wind out of him. Behind his helmet you can see him bare his teeth in a vicious grin. He knows his armor is punch-proof. The grin goes away as your judo throw sends him flying through the (formerly) bullet-resistant glass of the Mayor's front windows.

From the porch-roof balcony above you, you hear the weird sound made by Beeline's sting-blasts. An unconscious commando drops to the lawn. Then there's the sound of submachine-gun fire!

Ty'daal:
Your sudden upward blast of water not only spoils the cyber-tank's aim, it's enough to raise the treads higher on that side of the monstrous war machine. It's at the "Tipping Point"...

[OOC: Angelfish and Ian can act, then the shrink ray fires (if the Tinker's plans are'nt spoiled by then. :) ]

DainXB - GM
 GM, 871 posts
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 06:42
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Ian:
[OOC: Your options, as you see them:
a) The console and shrink ray emitter are obviously "after market" add-ons. Heavily-shielded power cables run to an open access panel. Of course, to unplug them you'd have to leave the pilot's seat...
b) "Adjusting" the Tinker's aim would be easy. Doing it so that he hits just the mercenaries and not Nereid, Beeline, and Time Keeper would be much more challenging...
c) Scraping the emitter off on the roofline of the Residence would mean very carefully almost crashing the VTOL. With one engine out already, this thing flies like a truck...
The choice is yours! :)]

Time Keeper
 player, 233 posts
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 06:58
Re: E3S9 - Mayor's Residence
Time Keeper turns to the guards " Protect the mayor" he said then pulling on the time stream threads raced off through the building and out through the window. Pulling the streams tight round the building he slid along then running at speed round along the vertical surface.

As he went he stretched out his arms grasping as many of the ropes the commandos were using to come down with. As he caught one then another he spun at speed to twist them together and entangle the gun men.

OOC: 07:54, Today: Time Keeper rolled -3 using 2d6-7. super speed (7) total 4. I will spend a determination to activate the stunt "surface speed" could I then spend another determination to activate "master of time" aspect? would this bump my total up if I did

This message was last edited by the player at 07:01, Thu 07 Aug 2014.