E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian, Todd, Nereid.   Posted by DainXB - GM.Group: 0
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1028 posts
Sun 4 Jan 2015
at 01:48
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Ian:
[It costs you 1 Determination to get the success you need.]

Zhang Jue twirls the hairpin between her fingers. "We must keep the gwailo "heroes" away from here, of course... The Feather Empress must see that I am... that we are diligent at our tasks! Perhaps we can divert their attention as you say... I will dispatch the Six Storms to "prod" them, and keep them occupied. But it is of paramount importance that 東龍洲* be protected until the ceremony is complete--and the Blue Devil Tong must be seen as critical to that success! Her eternal power must be extended so that we may all achieve immortality!"

Suddenly, Zhang Jue is cut off by an echoing canine howl! It sounds like it's coming from the door behind the dais!


*Eastern Dragon Island
Amm-Fibian
 player, 418 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 1
Sun 4 Jan 2015
at 21:53
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Ian bows again, very low.
"It will be as you say! I will make certain of it."

If nothing happens from the howl, he will continue...

Indicating himself and Tie Wearer, Ian says.
"Perhaps we should go to the artifact, while the Six Storms prod the Big Dumb One?"
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1032 posts
Sun 4 Jan 2015
at 22:13
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Zhang Jue nods. "Yes, you two will take a dozen brothers to guard Eastern Dragon Island--but first, come with me!" She steps off the dais and strides toward the rear wall. With a flick of her hand, she exerts some undetectable force, sweeping aside the folding screen that blocked your view of the door.

It's big and ornate, with gold-leaf covered foo dogs climbing both door posts. The howling is coming from somewhere beyond...
Amm-Fibian
 player, 419 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 1
Thu 8 Jan 2015
at 00:40
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Ian nods to Tie Wearer and follows...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1035 posts
Fri 9 Jan 2015
at 00:51
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Ian:
Suddenly, a stone foo dog covered in tattered gold leaf smashes out through the door, sending splinters flying everywhere! The foo dog flips and skids to a stop on the carpet, agate eyes rolled back in it's head. The gilded door supports on either side suddenly animate, dropping to all fours and growling at the far end of the hallway, where Todd is doing his best to keep another foo dog from closing it's jaws around his head.

"Him again!" Zhang Jue swears in a version of Chinese so old you can't translate it. "Kill him--kill him now!"
Amm-Fibian
 player, 420 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 1
Fri 9 Jan 2015
at 23:14
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Ian nods vigorously and pats Tie Wearer on the back smiling. "Now we can get some redemption!"
He charges in, trying to make sure Tie Wearer is in the lead. As he runs he scans the area for possible escape routes for Todd.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1041 posts
Mon 12 Jan 2015
at 04:44
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Todd:
Your thrown foo dog bowls over the two bounding toward you from the other end of the hallway. The three of them form a temporarily-dazed pile skidding toward the broken door at that end.

So much for the good news. The bad news is that, framed by the splintered door, you see Zhang Jue backed by a pack of snarling blue demons. Two demons charge forward on either side of her! Others, equipped with pole-arms and hooked blades, lurk in the room beyond.

Zhang Jue shouts "卦二十三:剝皮!", and a half-dozen daggers appear, spinning and glinting like a metal whirlwind between her cupped hands. She looks at you menacingly and the daggers twirl outward, spiraling in your direction!

[OOC: Defend against a Difficulty of 7! The Daggers of Flaying do 7 Stamina if they surround you!]

Ian:
The hallway is broad and short, decorated with elaborately painted floor-to-ceiling scrolls and a row of three gilt-brass chandeliers. The heap of gold-leafed foo dogs is just ahead of you. The only doors are at the ends, and the room beyond Todd looks like a dead-end too. The only way out you know is back the way you came...

[OOC: Todd defends, then anyone can go in any order!]
Todd
 player, 368 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Tue 13 Jan 2015
at 03:42
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
The blades race towards Todd, forcing him to dive, roll and dodge to avoid them.

"Dunno which (dive) is worse!" Todd says. "Your (duck) disappearing (dive) all the time (roll), or me (leap) finding your sorry ass (dive) all over again!"

He rolls to his feet, the daggers now safely embedded in the wall. And, despite his evasive actions, considerably closer to Zhang Jue.

"Score: good guys 7, bad guy 0. Time for round two."

Coordination 6 + Acro 1 + Roll 0 = 7. Spend a Determination and invoke Peak Physical Perfection for a net score of 9.

If the daggers are still flying amend the "embedded in wall" bit.

How far away is Zhang Jue now? I'm assuming she's not just standing there waiting for me to punch her!

DainXB - GM
 GM, 1043 posts
Wed 14 Jan 2015
at 23:20
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Todd:
She's not far away--right behind the two blue guys storming toward you. The other, better armed blue guys are right behind her. And all the maneuvering has put the dog-pile of foo dogs right behind you. So its:

Audience Chamber | Blue demon army | busted door | Zhang Jue | 2 blue demons | Todd | 4 foo dogs | Door | Casting Chamber

[OOC: Anyone can go in any order--but you guys may want to do it Ian first, Todd second, because of what Ian mentioned in the OOC thread. :)]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 422 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 1
Fri 16 Jan 2015
at 11:07
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
OOC: Amm-Fibian rolled 1,1 using d6,d6 ((1,1))
0 + 9 = 9 vs 4 dc
to create "Intentional Bungle" to aid Todd in punching tie wearer (and the Foo dogs too if that's possible.


Ian quickly calculates Tie Wearer's trajectory and foot patterns, as well as Todd's position and the Foo dogs behind him. He then kicks the back of Tie Wearers heel at just the right moment...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1044 posts
Sat 17 Jan 2015
at 04:33
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Todd:
Of the two demons running toward you, the one on the left seems particularly graceless. He clips the back of the other demon's heel with his clawed toes, causing his companion to suddenly glance toward him in surprise. It presents the perfect opening for a right cross... or a spinning back kick!

[OOC: There are three free tags of Intentional Bungle on the table. Feel free to use 'em! :)]
Todd
 player, 369 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Mon 19 Jan 2015
at 02:08
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Too easy.

Todd hauls off, checks the distance, then unleashes a solid right-cross to the forward demon's jaw.

Keeer-AKKK!!!

Prowess 6 + Martial Arts 1 + Roll 0 = 7. If adding a free tag will knock the demon out I'll take it.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1047 posts
Thu 22 Jan 2015
at 23:49
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Todd:
[OOC: One free tag used.]
The demon's head (and the rest of his body) spins around with a crack! He drops to the floor. The other lead demon (the clumsy one) seems to have fallen down after tripping his companion--he's on the floor out cold as well!

Ian:
[OOC: Faking being unconscious is performance art; test Willpower vs everybody else's Awareness; Roll once and we'll compare vs the demons at 3, foo dogs at 4, Zhang Jue's at 5, and Todd at 6.]

Todd:
Zhang Jue whips her arms around like a martial artist, and shouts "卦之一;採取強有力的行動!" Even though you're several feet away from her striking palm, the wave of energy from it curdles the air between you!

[OOC: Defend against a Difficulty of 7! Her force wave does 7 Stamina on a hit.]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 423 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 1
Sat 24 Jan 2015
at 09:29
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
OOC:Amm-Fibian rolled 3,4 using d6,d6
-1 + 4 = 3
Ian only fools the demons!

Todd
 player, 370 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Mon 26 Jan 2015
at 23:13
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
It would make narrative sense for Todd to assume the demon is an enemy trying to trick him. Being Todd the obvious response is to kick it in the head.

If I do that would it earn Amm-Fibian a Determination point?

Amm-Fibian
 player, 424 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 1
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 12:31
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
OOC: Either way it's totally fine, I think it makes sense too.   :)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1050 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 21:40
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Todd:
Yep, that demon laying there is totally faking being unconscious. Bet he's just waiting for you to duck Zhang Jue's force wave so he can attack you while you're distracted!

[OOC: Defend against a Difficulty of 7! Her force wave does 7 Stamina on a hit. Then you can kick the faker in the head!]


Ian:
Laying perfectly still, and trying to keep your eyes slightly crossed and glazed, all you can really see are Todd's bare feet, and the four Foo Dogs piled behind him. Wait... did that one on the bottom of the pile just blink?

Nereid:
The door leads to an antechamber the size of a basketball court. The walls are lined with mismatched tables and shelves holding braziers and bowls with clustered sticks of incense. There's so much smoke it's hard to see the other side of the room, but right in front of you is a dead demon with a red-jade hairpin sticking out of his forehead! Beyond the body is a cushion-strewn dais covered in red silk, and about a dozen blue trying to crowd into a set of double doors!

They're all either running away from you, or running toward something else!

[OOC: Todd is up, then Nereid and Ian can go (if Ian is still conscious)!]
Todd
 player, 371 posts
 Determination: 4
 Stamina: 11
Thu 29 Jan 2015
at 07:08
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
No sooner has Todd placed his toe against the demon's head and drawn it back than he spots the force wave sweeping in.

He spins and backflips out of the way as the wave rushes past.

Coord 6 + Acro 1 + Roll 5 = 11.

The immediate threat dealt with Todd glances down at the demon. Just lying there...

Boot!

Prowess 6 + Martial Arts 2 + Roll -4 = 4.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1053 posts
Fri 30 Jan 2015
at 02:42
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Todd:
Your epic dodge didn't leave you with much momentum for the kick. It would've knocked a human being cold, of course--but you're not sure how much it did to the demon...

Ian:
Ouch!
[OOC: Your host takes 4 Stamina from that kick. Your (admittedly non-native) assessment of his condition is that he can't take another hit like that.]

Nereid:
Past the crowd of demons you catch sight of Zhang Jue sending some sort of blast wave from her spread palms against a nearly-naked Todd!

[OOC: Ian and Nereid are up, in any order you choose!]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 425 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 1
Sat 31 Jan 2015
at 22:19
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Ian relinquishes control of his host...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1055 posts
Tue 3 Feb 2015
at 17:26
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Ian:
You return to your body, still in your landsuit, laying down in the back of Agent Kwai-Pun's SUV and sliding back and forth as the vehicle maneuvers. Detective Jones is at the wheel, and Agent Kwai-Pun is on her radio.

"...coordinate with HKPD to isolate Kowloon Walled City Park. Deploy ARU* and MCU* at the South Gate and wait for my signal; we have foreign assets in play."

Detective Jones crosses two lanes, narrowly avoiding oncoming traffic, and wrenches the vehicle to a stop. "Nereid trailed them to here? Looks like a tourist attraction..."


*Armed Response Unit
*Metahuman Containment Unit
Nereid
 player, 279 posts
 Determination:03/03
 Stamina 4/8
Wed 4 Feb 2015
at 00:49
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 37):

Zeroing in on Zhang Zue, Kai tries to open an mental connection with the...the...whatever she is...and send some psychic pain her way.


Todd? Why is it she appears everywhere and beats you up? The whole tattered tough guy look is working for you by the way...not that I...noticed...much...

Then Nereid's eyes glow and she begins to sing

OOC: Spending 1 point of Determination to stunt Telepathy to a Mental Blast. Have 3 so now I have 2

Willpower 5  + (Roll)
19:48, Today: Nereid rolled 2 using 2d6-7. Mental Blast.

Total effort 7
Telepathy 6

DainXB - GM
 GM, 1057 posts
Fri 6 Feb 2015
at 04:36
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Nereid:
[OOC: Beeline is going to be jealous if he finds out you're eyeing Todd... :) ]

Zhang Jue grabs her temples with both hands, and shrieks in pain! Spinning around, she manages to focus on you. "Seize her! Then carve her limb from limb!"

The dozen demon guards between the two of you turn your way, brandishing weapons. Two, wielding "man-catcher" polearms, try to pin you against the dais!

[OOC: Test Prowess or Coordination (whichever is higher) twice vs a Difficulty of 4. You really don't want to know what happens next if they grab you...]

Todd:
The demon on the floor that was faking being unconscious isn't faking any more. Zhang Jue is facing away from you now--and you hear a low growl from behind you...

Meanwhile, on the surface...

Ian:
A black, windowless vehicle, escorted through traffic by a pair of Hong Kong PD police cars, pulls up next to where Detective Jones parked the SUV. Six humans dressed in paramilitary gear step out. The one in the lead salutes Agent Kwai-Pun.

Detective Jones notices that you're back as he gets out of the vehicle. "Ian! Where have you been? Or who, I guess..." He gestures toward the park. "We followed Nereid here. There's been no contact from Todd..."

[OOC: Nereid defends, then anyone can go in any order you like!]
Nereid
 player, 280 posts
 Determination:02/03
 Stamina 4/8
Mon 9 Feb 2015
at 17:39
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 39):

OOC: Prowess 6
12:34, Today: Nereid rolled 0 using 2d6-7. Dodge 2.
12:34, Today: Nereid rolled 1 using 2d6-7. Dodge 1.

Efforts 8, 7 so I don't die a horrible death

Prowess 6
12:36, Today: Nereid rolled -1 using 2d6-7. Spin kick a demon.

Effort 5, Strength 3


Nereid deftly dodges "the cute surfer woman" catcher pole-arms leaps into the air trying to connect with the back of a demon's head with a spin kick.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:43, Wed 11 Feb 2015.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 1060 posts
Fri 13 Feb 2015
at 00:53
Re: E5S8 - West Kowloon - Ian
Nereid:
You definitely rattled his brains--enough that he drops his man-catcher and follows it to the floor.

The down side is that you're now crowd-surfing a mosh pit of demons with sharp pointy weapons...

[OOC: Ian and Todd can go in any order!]