E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, Ty.   Posted by DainXB - GM.Group: 0
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1218 posts
Thu 11 Feb 2016
at 23:27
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Everyone:
Located on a public beach at the north fringe of The Shoals, Kona Hut sells locally-sourced organic coffee to businessmen on-the-go and tourists enjoying a day in the sun.

A trendy beach-side coffee shop, Kona Hut is literally a hutógrass roof and allówith broad open windows on three sides under fold-up awnings. A handful of cafe tables and chairs on the boardwalk outside surround the hut on its three open sides, but most patrons prefer to get their lattes and americanos to go.

Inside, two baristas work carefully around the crowded equipment. A powerful espresso machine, assorted french presses, and coffee mills cover the rear counter, surrounding a small sink for washing-up. A small refrigerator and a small freezer beneath the counter hold milk for frothing, and ice for Kona Hut's signature iced macadamia frappuccinos.

Traffic purrs quietly along the nearby street, up-slope of Kona Hut. To the north gentle summer breakers roll in on the white-sand beach. A handful of surfers and a few dozen sunbathers are scattered across the sand.

[OOC: Where does everyone want to be, in relation to Kona Hut?]
Ty'daal
 player, 283 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 3/4
Fri 12 Feb 2016
at 00:57
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ty'daal had anchored himself in the shallow water near shore, but far enough down not to be noticed by sunbathers or swimmers. Every so often he would float up into a wave, keeping an eye on the coffee house, then swim back down.
Time Keeper
 player, 352 posts
Fri 12 Feb 2016
at 08:38
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ben stroles over to the beach in front of the coffee shop and sits himself down on one of the may benches between the beach and the shops.

Once settled he lets his mind wonder into the time stream, locating the present he then looks back to see if anyone now sitting there seemed out of place or did anything unusual when they had entered. He wanted to try to identify their target before Todd walked in so he could give them a heads up of potential suspects.

As he surveyed the time before he kept an eye open for the blond guy of his earlier vision


OOC:08:40, Today: Time Keeper rolled 0 using 2d6-7.  post cog roll (7) total 7

This message was last edited by the player at 08:41, Fri 12 Feb 2016.

Amm-Fibian
 player, 494 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 3
Fri 12 Feb 2016
at 12:13
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Amm-Fibian singles out a lone surfer and fires the TUNA at him from beneath the waters.

OOC:Amm-Fibian rolled 3,2 using D6,d6
1 + 6 possession = 7 total

Nereid
 player, 340 posts
 Determination:02/02
 Stamina 08/08
Fri 12 Feb 2016
at 17:46
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
In reply to Amm-Fibian (msg # 4):

Kai enters the Hut and smiles at a barista before taking a seat where the bad guy will not miss her or Todd.

She is wearing a blue and white dress that hides her "battle outfit" underneath.

She is a little late, since deciding which dress, of the few she owns should be shredded in case  the super villain from the future attacks...

Only know does she realize that she didn't need to wear a dress at all, just because this is a pretend meeting of two online literary friends she didn't have to dress like it is a first date.

Man...I really can't get my brain around this undercover stuff.

hmmm...if I am a little late where is Todd? 


She whispers...well it is a loud whisper...again she just isn't good at this sort of thing.
Todd
 player, 446 posts
 Determination: 0
 Stamina: 11-4=7
Sun 14 Feb 2016
at 11:10
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Covert mission or not, the surf was too good to pass up today.

Todd finished his eighth ride for the morning, then picked up his board and planted it in the sand.

He pulled a loose white shirt out of his bag, tied his hair into a ponytail, and set off towards the Kona Hut.
Angelfish
 player, 237 posts
Sun 14 Feb 2016
at 19:48
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Angelfish swims up to Ty'daal, giving a playful salute when he looks her way, then settles in to wait.

I'd really like to be up on the beach where I could see Todd and Kai... But there's no way I'm gonna risk meeting Todd's future psycho without the suit, and i just don't think anybody would believe me if I showed up with a board and tried to pass it off as a high-tech wet-suit!

(OOC: updated Angelfish's character sheet - adding Sonar Ping - 'cause I really need a weapon that doesn't blow people up! :) )

This message was last edited by the player at 22:42, Thu 18 Feb 2016.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 1224 posts
Wed 17 Feb 2016
at 23:45
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Time Keeper:
You cast your thoughts backward, along the time stream, looking for the man you saw in the future... He hasn't been here. Any number of nondescript Anglos have picked up coffee here over the past month--but the white-blond hair and olive complexion are an odd combination, one that would stand out. Maybe they don't drink coffee in the future?

Ty'daal, Angelfish:
You're both hovering low in the water, just beyond the beach-shelf where the breakers begin to curl. You can just see Amm-Fib'ian, down below you in the shadows, operating the T.U.N.A--and then going limp in the water. You both figure that that means he's picked a host and transferred out.

Ian:
[OOC: You have control of your host for the entire Chapter.]
The surfer you chose is a fine physical specimen of humanity; fit and strong, with an above average sense of balance. That will come in handy as you attempt to learn to surf the hard way--by taking control of him while he's riding a wave.

[OOC: Test his Coordination of 4 vs a Difficulty of 5 not to wipe out!]

Nereid, Todd:
You've joined up, and are sitting at one of the cafe tables on the shady side of Kona Hut, pretending to flip through a well-worn copy of Slaughterhouse 5 from Dr. Ishida's library. An afternoon talk show is playing on mute with subtitles on a TV above the espresso machine, and a couple of middle-aged tourists are relaxing and taking selfies in front of the hut.

Suddenly, the TV goes to a blank blue screen, and one of the tourists complains that he's lost cell signal. "I had five bars just a second ago. Now I can't upload our pictures..." A jogger running next to the beach-road suddenly stops and pulls his earbuds out, wincing. You can hear the static all the way over here.

A Prius, headed down the beach-road in the opposite direction, suddenly swerves and heads straight for Todd! Through the windscreen, you can see the driver's terrified expression!

[OOC: Todd: Test Coordination vs a Difficulty of 6. Being hit by a Prius does 6 Stamina.
Nereid: Test Coordination vs a Difficulty of 5 (as long as you plan to dodge in a different direction from Todd. Being hit still does 6 Stamina, though.]

Nereid
 player, 342 posts
 Determination:02/02
 Stamina 08/08
Fri 19 Feb 2016
at 21:00
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 8):

Runaway Car People!

Nereid hesitated as she made sure the non super powered people were properly scattering.  That fleeting moment almost cost her

OOC: 5:55, Today: Nereid rolled 1 using 2d6-7.  Test Coordination 4.

Effort:5

Amm-Fibian
 player, 495 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 3
Fri 19 Feb 2016
at 21:32
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
OOC: Amm-Fibian rolled 5,5 using D6,d6
0 + 4 does not = 5!


Ian takes control of the surfer, sees the car heading for Todd, and then immediately goes head over heels off his surfboard.

"Woh! Wipeout Dooood!"
Todd
 player, 447 posts
 Determination: 0
 Stamina: 11-4=7
Sat 20 Feb 2016
at 05:51
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Todd leaps to his feet.

If I dodge the car might kill someone!

He leans forward, ready to catch the Prius.

This is gonna hurt...

An out of control Prius is a danger to others as well as myself. Can I try to brace, grab and slow it? If so, coordination and a strength test?

Assuming I can I'll roll the first bit: coordination 6 + roll -1 = 5. Ouch.

Does our determination reset?  If so spend a determination and invoke "peak physical perfection" for +2

DainXB - GM
 GM, 1225 posts
Sun 21 Feb 2016
at 01:31
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Everyone:
[OOC: New issue, fresh Determination! You all refresh to your starting Determination unless you are already above there.]

Todd:
[I'd almost say it's Prowess to catch the Prius--grabbing it is like a hand-to-hand attack. :) In your case, your Prowess & Coordination are both 6, so...]

You leap to your feet, knocking the cafe table aside. In a low stance, you grab for the front of the Prius. The great thing about front wheel drive vehicles; if you can get the front tires off the ground, they don't go anywhere. The woman behind the wheel is screaming in terror, beating her fists on the unresponsive steering wheel. Your grip rips right through the plastic fairing, allowing you to grab structural members beneath, and heave!

[OOC: Your Strength is easily high enough to lift the car completely off the ground, now that you've got hold of it. No test necessary.]

Nereid:
The cafe table bangs off your shin, but you clear the Prius' path of potential accident victims. Spinning around, you see Todd posed like an Olympic weight-lifter, holding the car in the air. The driver is pounding on the windows and screaming.

She's not the only one screaming; the baristas inside Kona Hut are shrieking in terror as well. The blenders and the coffee mill have gone into overdrive, and sparks are flying from the junction box at the back of the structure!

Ian:
Your host (and his surfboard) reach the beach just as Todd stops the Prius. Fortunately for your host's reputation, no one's cell phones seem to be working; there won't be embarassing video of his/your wipeout for him to live down.

Oddly, nothing electronic seems to be working properly in this area. The TV screen in Kona Hut, the electronic billboard half-a-block up the street, cell phones, MP3 players... there's nothing but static everywhere.
Angelfish
 player, 241 posts
Wed 24 Feb 2016
at 17:34
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
(OOC: Nothing electronic is working?  Is Angelfish's suit being effected as well?)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1226 posts
Fri 26 Feb 2016
at 04:19
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Angelfish:
Your wrist-readout is... glitchy.

REBREATH#R FILT: #5%
#OMM FREQ: #5# #HZ
S#NAR: O#LINE


But the suit's systems seem to be OK. At least for now.
Amm-Fibian
 player, 496 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 3
Fri 26 Feb 2016
at 15:28
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
"Like, I totally meant to do that."
Ian says as he runs to the Kona Hut, looking around for clues as to the attackers identity.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:45, Wed 02 Mar 2016.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 1227 posts
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 00:16
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ian:
[Test Awareness (plus your Investigation bonus) vs a Difficulty of 9 to detect evidence of the time fugitive's presence.]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 497 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 3
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 14:36
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
OOC: : Amm-Fibian rolled 6,5
1 + 5 Awareness + 3 Investigation = 9
The total is 10 if I can use 6th Sense instead.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 1228 posts
Tue 1 Mar 2016
at 04:20
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ian:
You scan the area, looking for anything more-than-usually abnormal, and for anyone matching Time Keeper's description of your potential opponent... There! Up on the platform beneath the static-covered electronic billboard up the street--a human male with olive skin, blond hair, an unremarkable white shirt, and a sardonic grin as he observes the chaos below him.
Amm-Fibian
 player, 498 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 3
Wed 2 Mar 2016
at 00:44
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ian runs up to Todd, "Dude!"
He then points up at the man beneath the billboard, "Dude."
Finally, he nods and gives Todd a thumbs up, "Duuuuude."
Todd
 player, 448 posts
 Determination: 0
 Stamina: 11-4=7
Wed 2 Mar 2016
at 01:16
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Question for the GM: has the driver climbed out of the car yet?
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1229 posts
Wed 2 Mar 2016
at 06:04
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Todd:
She's too terrified; and the doors are locked and don't seem to be opening, despite how she's pounding on them.
Todd
 player, 449 posts
 Determination: 0
 Stamina: 11-4=7
Wed 2 Mar 2016
at 10:30
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Todd sets the car down, walks to the driver's side, and tears the door open.

"Ma'am."

I assume this doesn't need a roll. Unless there's techno-jiggery-pokery going on,
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1231 posts
Fri 4 Mar 2016
at 05:05
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Todd:
There's definitely techo-jiggery-pokery going on, overriding the door lock controls--but they're still Prius door locks. :)
The woman leaps out and hugs you. "You're OK! I'm OK! It just started steering itself--I couldn't get the brakes to work... I thought you were dead for sure! You... you..." She's babbling with relief, looking around at the electrical chaos. "You... tore the door off my new car!" Her relief is beginning to shift into a more accusatory tone.

Ian, Nereid:
The deck around the Kona Hut is clear of coffee aficionados and other pedestrians--they've all run either toward the beach or up the road toward the row of cabanas adjacent to the parking area. The baristas inside Kona Hut duck below the counter as one of the high-revving blenders explodes in a spray of broken plastic and iced coffee!

[OOC: Anyone can act in any order!]
Todd
 player, 450 posts
 Determination: 0
 Stamina: 11-4=7
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 02:37
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
"If that upsets you you're goo a hate this next bit," Todd says, stepping away from the car.

He spins once and hurls the car door underhand, like a frisbee, towards the man by the billboard.mThe door strikes over the man's head, and ricochets to the left.

"Harder than it looks. Good thing you got three more doors."

Coordination 6 - roll -3 = 3. A miss.

Does tearing her car apart to use as a weapon anger her enough to earn a Determination point based on "anti-social outcast" quality?

Amm-Fibian
 player, 499 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 3
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 02:50
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ian keeps a keen eye on the man under the sign, while anxiously saying to Todd, "DUDE!?"

OOC: Ian is going to make sure he doesn't lose the target before Todd or someone can act.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1232 posts
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 03:35
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ian:
There's a screeching of brakes and honking horns from the adjacent blocks as traffic signals go haywire. The man on the billboard blurs into motion--fast motion! He streaks down the ladder, weaves through the cabanas, and moving almost too fast to see, runs between your host body and Todd--arms outstretched to clothesline both of you!

[OOC: Test Prowess vs his Prowess of 6. He does 6 Stamina if he hits.]

Todd:
[OOC: Oh, yes! It's absolutely worth a Determination. :)]
Before you can pull another door off the Prius, your target shifts into super-speed, and runs right between you and surfer-Ian!

[OOC: Test Prowess vs his Prowess of 6. He does 6 Stamina if he hits.]

Everyone:
[OOC: Ian and Todd defend, then anyone can go in any order!]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 500 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 3
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 04:10
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
OOC:  Amm-Fibian rolled 4,3 using D6,d6
So 1 plus either Prowess 3 or Danger Sense 6.

Nereid
 player, 343 posts
 Determination:02/02
 Stamina 08/08
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 19:52
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
In reply to Amm-Fibian (msg # 27):

OOC: though I don't think the powers are written this way, but since my Mental blast is an extra on my Telepathy, should i make telepathic contact with the bad guy then unleash a mental attack? (unless of course he is immune to telepathy which I'll only know as I fail)
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1233 posts
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 21:50
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Nereid:
[OOC: Your mental blast doesn't require a telepathic contact to work. Since it's spun off of telepathy, though, you could think of it as knocking really hard on someones psyche, whether they let you in or not. :) Or it could be a "telepathic scream", that mentally "deafens" them.]
Angelfish
 player, 242 posts
Sun 6 Mar 2016
at 01:06
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Angelfish catches a flicker from her wrist read-out and glances down to check - and frowns as she sees the read-out glitch and stutter.  She raps lightly on the glass, before looking back to shore, just in time to see a Prius veer off the road and directly into Todd!

Okay, no way that's an accident!  Todd's buddy must be here!


She swims up to Ty'daal and points to the activity on shore, before heading toward the beach.
Nereid
 player, 344 posts
 Determination:02/02
 Stamina 08/08
Sun 6 Mar 2016
at 13:12
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
In reply to Angelfish (msg # 30):

Nereid's eyes glow sea-blue as she tries to "ping" the mind of this assailant and send him a mental blast. But she finds his mind elusive....



OOC:  Telepathy  6   Device Stunt: Mental Blast

08:10, Today: Nereid rolled -4 using 2d6-7.  Mental Blast 6.

Effort 2 if that actually does "hit" I'll edit the post, but since I doubt it will...


Guys...I can't get a mental lock on him...
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1234 posts
Mon 7 Mar 2016
at 04:22
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Nereid:
You've been in telepathic contact with Todd when he's done his "Big Head Todd" trick; the man from the future's mind is a little like that--overclocked. His thought processes are fundamentally faster than a present-day human's, and hard to connect with.
Time Keeper
 player, 358 posts
Mon 7 Mar 2016
at 10:55
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
TK saw the man move and moved himself to try and intercept the blur. wrapping the time stream round him the pulled on the threads and shot off towards the man

OOC:10:56, Today: Time Keeper rolled -2 using 2d6-7.  super speed (7). will spend a determination and activate master of time +2 total 7

This message was last edited by the player at 10:57, Mon 07 Mar 2016.

Todd
 player, 451 posts
 Determination: 0
 Stamina: 11-4=7
Mon 7 Mar 2016
at 12:12
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
"Like - whut?" Todd mumbles as the blur rushes in. And smacks him, hard.

"YOW!"

Prowess 6 + Roll -2 = 4. Tagged by the bad guy. Stamina 11 - 6 = 5.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:14, Mon 07 Mar 2016.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 1235 posts
Tue 8 Mar 2016
at 05:27
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Todd:
Being hit by this guy is a lot like being hit by a truck--it feels like his arm has a core of steel in it. Or something harder than steel.

Ian:
Being able to anticipate danger is handy, especially when danger arrives at just short of the speed of sound. Thanks to that, and surfer-boy's reflexes, you dodge just far enough; the fugitive time-traveler's arm barely brushes your host--and still spins him around from the impact!
[OOC: Your host takes 1/2 damage: 3 Stamina.]

Time Keeper:
You pull the time-stream taut around you, slowing everything to a crawl. And slowing the future-man to the equivalent of a sprint! That's OK, you can sprint too...

He takes advantage of his speed and jumps onto one of the cafe tables, using it to leap to the roof of Kona Hut rather than smash into it. In lock-step, you match his moves. Slow-motion (to you) sparks fountain from the junction box where the electric lines enter the Hut, and your quarry speaks. To anyone else, his words would be a rapid-fire buzz, but you can hear him clearly. "Impressive! I did not expect any of you primitives to be so... evolved. I wish you no harm, but I brook no interference with my plans."

He pivots on his heel, cornering hard and diving through the sparks. He drops off the far side of the Kona Hut's roof--probably setting up to take a second pass at Todd and Ian!

Everyone:
[OOC: Anyone can act in any order!]
Time Keeper
 player, 360 posts
Fri 11 Mar 2016
at 15:51
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
OOC:
15:47, Today: Time Keeper rolled 2 using 2d6-7.  Process roll (7).Total 9
15:48, Today: Time Keeper rolled 1 using 2d6-7.  fast strike roll (7).total 8


TK watched the man disappear through the sparks but he was damned if he was going to get away so quickly. rapping the time stream he pulled with all his mind and rewound that moment in time.

The Blond man reappeared where he had been standing moments before and as he jumped TK sped forward and struck him fast and hard hitting him into the exploding electrical box
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1237 posts
Sat 12 Mar 2016
at 02:13
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Time Keeper:
You and the temporal fugitive are a blur of motion; your prediction of his movements allowing you to intercept him with a supersonic punch...

But the timestream tangles around you, recursive possible futures like multiple films projected on the same screen. In one, your opponent dodges, remarking "Predictable as any Early Chalcolithic sapient, despite your abilities..." In another, your blow connects, sending him flying through the sparks. In a third, he rolls with the punch and grabs your wrist, taking you both over the edge of the roof...

[OOC: Test Awareness vs his Precognition of 6; if you miss by 3 or more, he out-rewinds you!]

Everyone:
[OOC: As Time Keeper and Tempus Fugitive go into their temporal fugue, anyone can act in any order!]
Time Keeper
 player, 361 posts
Mon 14 Mar 2016
at 11:42
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
OOC:11:40, Today: Time Keeper rolled 3 using 2d6-7.  awareness roll (7).total 10


There was a moment there where the blonde man nearly reached the time stream from him but TK was a master of his powers and with a quick flick of his mind the stream answered his call
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1239 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 21:19
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Time Keeper:
The time streams fragment, obedient to no one--and the coalesce, obedient to you! Your fist slams into the fugitive's jaw, sending him reeling backward into the junction box! It feels like punching a truck, but it works.

Everyone Else:
That looks weird. Time Keeper is often a blur of motion--and the man from the future is nearly as fast--but for an instant, there are three of each of them on the roof, then twelve, then twenty. Overlapping transparent images playing out the versions of a fight disconnected in time. Then there are two; Time Keeper on his feet on the roof, and the fugitive from the future on his back on the ground, surrounded by the arcing ruins of the electrical junction box! His shirt is covered with scorch marks, but as he rises to his feet, you can see that the flesh beneath is only reddened, not burned. He turns to Todd, and Ian's surfer-host. "You primitives all look alike to me. But one of you is my target, so one of you has no future at all."

[OOC: Angelfish & Ty'daal, what are you doing at this point?]
Ty'daal
 player, 286 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 3/4
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 21:37
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Realistically, Ty'daal would take a round to swim into shore and arrive on the scene. I have no problem waiting till the next round of actions to bring the fight to the mysterious villain. Help is on the way, guys! : )
Todd
 player, 453 posts
 Determination: 1
 Stamina: 11-6=5.
Thu 17 Mar 2016
at 03:42
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
The presence of the interloper from the future has a powerful impact on Todd.

A weird psychic resonance or temporal feedback effect hits Todd, perhaps caused by a connection between the time-traveler and Todd's descendant μ-9, and possibly amplified by Time Keepers actions.

Whatever the reason it creates a massive sense of disorientation. Todd reels, barely able to stand, fighting to stay conscious.

I skip at least one turn (I'll leave it to the GM to say what the follow on effects are), and collect a Determination in exchange.
Amm-Fibian
 player, 501 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 3
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 22:06
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
"Not cool Dude."

OOC: Ian would like to flip some hot coffee up from a table and into the man's face, using his perfect sense of Sherlockian geometry and the surfer's agility.
Amm-Fibian rolled 5,5 using d6,d6
So I rolled a null, meaning whatever skills this uses is what my roll is.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 1240 posts
Sat 19 Mar 2016
at 02:09
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ian:
Surfer-dude's reflexes are tight; you sidestep to a table, snap the top off a venti Americano and aim the cup's contents toward your target!

[OOC: Prowess 4 for Surfer-dude. He's good, but he's no superhero. Since you're doing this with geometry as much as agility, though, let's treat it as an Intellect Test.]

The fugitive from the future blurs into motion, effortlessly dodging the expected trajectory of the scalding coffee. But you knew he was superhumanly fast--a last flick of Surfer-dude's wrist as you throw the coffee sends it directly to the spot he dodges to! "You have the reflexes and the aggression my target should exhibit." He says, blinking away steaming coffee. His scalded face reddens with blotchy burns, then clears to his normal olive-tan--and suddenly he's standing next to your host, ignoring Todd entirely. "But you won't be passing them on to future generations." He raises his right hand, menacingly...

[OOC: Angelfish is up, then the bad guy goes, then it's a new page!]
Angelfish
 player, 244 posts
Mon 4 Apr 2016
at 05:30
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Angelfish races up the beach, reaching the coffee shack just in time to see the olive-skinned stranger round menacingly on a local surfer...

Must be the guy Amm-Fibian TUNA'd

Looks like it's time to take Ishida-san's newest toy out for a test-drive!

She takes aim at the stranger, using the newly upgraded sonar device like a taser...


(OOC:00:08, Today: Angelfish rolled 1,5 using d6,d6.  "Set phasers to STUN!".

-4 + 6(coordination) = +2  Huh...  I've got a bad feeling that all I've done is piss him off...)





(Is it bad that I imagine this looking like Iron Man firing the palm repulsors?)

DainXB - GM
 GM, 1241 posts
Fri 8 Apr 2016
at 04:06
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Everyone:
Angelfish's new sonar shockwave is ear-splitting even in air, causing everyone to wince--and cracking the side-mirrors of the Prius with sheer harmonic stress! But the man from the future claps both hands to his ears and hisses with pain!

Ian:
You've already anticipated the time-traveler's superhumanly-fast reflexes. Perhaps he has superhumanly-acute senses as well--making his vulnerability to Angelfish's new weapon equal to your own!

[OOC: Tempus Fugitive loses his chance to act this page, due to the Stunning effect--but who knows how long it will last? Everyone is up, in any order!]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 503 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 4
Sat 9 Apr 2016
at 23:54
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Amm-Fibian snaps back to his body in the sea, holding his head, stunned by the sonar.
Time Keeper
 player, 363 posts
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 08:57
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
seeing that the sonic attack from Angel had an effect on the blond man TK took advantage of the situation and using his super speed gave the man a number of quick fire attacks.

OOC :09:58, Today: Time Keeper rolled 1 using 2d6-7.  fast attack (7). total 8

This message was last edited by the player at 08:59, Mon 11 Apr 2016.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 1243 posts
Sun 17 Apr 2016
at 04:43
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Time Keeper:
Tempus Fugitive reels backward from your rapid-fire punches, obviously disoriented!

There's a lot of that going around: To your right, Todd looks glassy-eyed, as if he's seeing something different than everyone else sees. The future, maybe? To your left, surfer-boy raises his hands and looks down at them. "Whuuut?"

[OOC: Nereid and Ty'daal are up!]
Nereid
 player, 345 posts
 Determination:02/02
 Stamina 08/08
Sun 24 Apr 2016
at 00:53
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 48):

Nereid again tries to connect with his evolved mind and give him a mental scream.


OOC: Willpower 5
20:52, Today: Nereid rolled -1 using 2d6-7.  Mental blast

4....time to change tactics.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 1244 posts
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 04:05
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Nereid:
The man from the future is still reeling from the pain in his ears--you can't really tell if your mental scream is adding to the effect; but it might be...

[OOC: Ty'daal is up!]
Ty'daal
 player, 288 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 3/4
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 13:33
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ty'daal emerged from the ocean, pulling a wall of liquid around him. As he reached the reeling stranger, he set the sea water to flow around him into a sphere. The warrior leapt forwards, accelerating and twisting around the man seeking an optimal attack. Seeing his opening as the stranger was disoriented he kicked for extra speed, fists held out in front of him...

09:25, Today: Ty'daal rolled 3,3 using 1d6,1d6 with rolls of 3,3.  Two Men Enter (Underwater Punch +7). Total: +7.

That is my actual roll unless that error roll with a d20 counts. : )

Damage is 8 (Strength) if that hits.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 1245 posts
Sat 30 Apr 2016
at 05:28
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ty'daal:
Your punch drives Tempus Fugitive backward across the hood of the Prius, shattering it's windshield! Lying there, he uses one hand to straighten his dislocated jaw  before speaking. "I prepared inadequately for entry into this time; there are prodigies here besides by target." He springs to his feet on top of the car--although there's less spring in his step than there was before. "Re-calibration is necessary."

He raises a hand, sweeping it horizontally in front of him, leaving an eye-hurting blue glow behind.

Angelfish, Nereid, Time Keeper, Todd, Ty'daal:
[OOC: Test your Coordination against his Time Control of 6. If he gets a Moderate Success, he creates the Quality "Suspended in the Timestream" on you. (TK can defend with Time Control.) He's Pushing to affect everyone in the area, so each of you gain 1 Determination.]
Nereid
 player, 346 posts
 Determination:02/02
 Stamina 08/08
Tue 10 May 2016
at 01:06
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 52):

OOC: OOPS, keep forgetting to do this...

Coordination 4


21:05, Today: Nereid rolled 5 using 2d6-7.  Dodge the time attack.

9 WOOT!

Ty'daal
 player, 289 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 3/4
Tue 10 May 2016
at 02:13
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ty'daal crouched down, bending his knees, then leapt backwards away from the glowing field. As he landed he slid back on a thin sheen of seawater, coming to a stop in a sprinter's starting position pose staring at the mysterious villain.

Glad you posted Nereid, had forgotten to roll after I checked in last.

22:10, Today: Ty'daal rolled 6,2 using d6,d6.  Coordination (+4). Total: +8

Time Keeper
 player, 364 posts
Tue 10 May 2016
at 05:26
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
OOC: 06:24, Today: Time Keeper rolled 2 using 2d6-7.  time control (7) + determination for master of time (9).TOTAL 11

Time Keeper felt the time stream shift round him as the blue light appeared in front of the blond man. The newcomer was adept at manipulating time but TK was a master at it and he pulled strands round him to form a time bubble where time stayed constant. The blue light washed over him and continued on its way.


OOC: is a possibility that TK could turn the attack back on the blond guy with a roll of 11

This message was last edited by the player at 12:34, Tue 10 May 2016.

DainXB - GM
 GM, 1246 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 04:23
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Time Keeper:
[OOC: The rules say:
If your dodge results in a massive failure for the attack, and it is a thrown
weapon or object, you can choose to catch it and throw it back as a reaction,
rolling a normal attack test. If you have Super-Speed, you can even catch
projectiles like bullets!

Your 11 gives him a Massive Failure. Given the nature of your powers, it makes sense that you could "throw the timestream" back at him! Test Time Control against his Time Control of 6, and lets see what happens. :)]

Time Keeper
 player, 365 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 06:30
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
OOC:06:20, Today: Time Keeper rolled 0 using 2d6-7.  time control (7). total 7

As the wave of time slipped round him. Time Keeper reached out and pulled on the threads. They stretched like an elastic band before returning at speed the way they came. With sure will alone the master of time attempted to redirect the attack back on the attacker
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1247 posts
Sat 14 May 2016
at 22:42
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Everyone:
[OOC: Just waiting for Angelfish's & Todd's defense rolls before I handle TK's counterattack.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:43, Sat 14 May 2016.

Angelfish
 player, 245 posts
Wed 25 May 2016
at 20:08
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty

The Mark VIII suit is designed to be graceful under deep ocean pressure, not on a stretch of white sand beach...  Angelfish's attempt at an acrobatic flip backward is rendered instead a graceless crab-crawl, leaving her sprawled in the sand...

(OOC: 14:53, Today: Angelfish rolled 5,6 using d6,d6.  Dodge timewave.
-1 + 6 (coordination)= +5 + 1 (acrobatics)= +6

Sorry for the delay - my work life has imploded briefly)

DainXB - GM
 GM, 1250 posts
Fri 24 Jun 2016
at 04:38
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
[OOC: OK, in accordance with the OOC thread discussion, we'll move forward with a new storyline until Todd returns.]

SPLASH PAGE TITLE: In The Mean Time...
Time Keeper:
"Re-calibration complete." Tempus Fugitive blurs into hyperspeed motion, riding the wave of temporal energy you reflected back at him, "rolling with the punch" rather than attempting to stand against it. He lunges forward, arms outstretched toward Todd and Ian's surfer-dude host. As he lays hands on both their shoulders, there is a wrenching twist in the space-time continuum!

"One of you is my target, the other meaningless. But I don't have time to choose..." The time streams twist and coil, forming a wormhole. Tempus Fugitive is operating with far more energy than he can normally access, thanks to your efforts. An expression of shock crosses his features. "Calculation failure! Overshooting..." And then the three of them vanish!

Ian:
It happens instantaneously, with a duration of nanoseconds--but the image, blurred by the limits of your host's visual cortex, is indelible in your mind: Tempus Fugitive and Todd and your host, frozen like statues as time twists around you. Light flashes, strobing as the sun sets and rises. The buildings of Akamai City unbuild themselves, leaving white coral. A tidal splash eradicates even that, and you hover over a choppy sea. The light becomes a dull glow, the flashing imperceptible. The ocean dries, leaving volcanic land. A fireball leaps from the horizon, flame leading the way and you realize that you are seeing a meteor strike in reverse. The land is lush now, green with fern-trees...

The T.U.N.A. can only maintain a host-link for nanoseconds under this sort of strain. The link fails, and you are jolted back into the warm surf and your own body. But that last image, the mad growth of greenery. It looked familiar; it looked like images from your school lessons, when you learned about the mysteries of the surface world.

Nereid, Angelfish, Ty'daal:
It happens faster than you can see. One instant, the man from the future was standing on top of the car, the next instant he, and Ian's host, and Todd are gone!

SPLASH PAGE TITLE: Look for the continuing adventures of Todd in Don't Cross the Time Streams: the Return of Tempus Fugitive!

Everyone:
[OOC: We are now out of combat. Anyone can act in any order!]
Nereid
 player, 350 posts
 Determination:02/02
 Stamina 08/08
Sat 25 Jun 2016
at 02:09
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
In reply to DainXB - GM (msg # 60):

No! TODD!

Nereid desperately attempts to link her mind with her colleague and friend.

he's....gone...

Nereid sinks to her knees overcome with sadness.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1251 posts
Sun 26 Jun 2016
at 04:40
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Nereid:
The haywire electronics around and inside the Kona Hut are beginning to shut down, leaving only the showering sparks from the electrical junction box. One of the things returning to normal must be cell phone reception; your cell phone rings!

"Nereid? It's Beeline--there's trouble at Kuakini General! I could use some help, here..."

[OOC: Anyone can act in any order!]
Time Keeper
 player, 369 posts
Sun 26 Jun 2016
at 19:35
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Time keeper is staggered by the pure energy this man possesses, where he himself worked in harmony with the time streams this future person was using technology to rip it apart for his own ends.

Time keeper could feel time itself scream in pain. The master of time grabbed the streams attempting to stop the other leaving with his two prisoners but the pain in the stream had stunned it and it reacted slowly to his requests. All he managed to to was send a burst of time at the man as he jumped and heard the destinctive electronics voice of his machine state " .. Calculation failure, overshooting....." Just as they blinked out of time.

TK stepped back into the present, for better or worse he'd managed to knock their jump off target, hoping that it would give the team some time to be able to locate their friends but even now he could feel the time stream repairing the rip in its fabric.....this was not going to be easy or quick but he swore an oath that as master of time he would not rest until he had found a trace of their time signatures and brought his friends home
Amm-Fibian
 player, 504 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 4
Thu 30 Jun 2016
at 12:47
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Amm-Fibian floats in the warm waters looking up at the wavering sky.
"Interesting."
Nereid
 player, 351 posts
 Determination:02/02
 Stamina 08/08
Tue 5 Jul 2016
at 15:56
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
In reply to Amm-Fibian (msg # 64):

OOC: Did not want to move the plot forward until everyone had their melodramatic, we lost TODD moment. (Which I loved how the posts ended up flowing. Nereid was followed by Time Keeper and the melodrama was building and then comes Ian and his "panel" was so low key...I loved it.

But I don't want this post to rob Ty'daal and Angelfish of their own spotlight, ham it up my friends.

 



Oh no, we are on our way. Hang on and don't get killed or anything. Nereid keeps Beeline on the line as she looks at the others.

Friends we have another spot of trouble over at Kuakini General...these bad guys have no respect for feelings...we should get 2-3 days off to deal with losing our friend...we really need a union.
Angelfish
 player, 247 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2016
at 03:11
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
One minute, Angelfish is attempting to evade Tempus Fugitive's timewave, the next, she is sprawled on the sand blinking as if at an afterimage from a bright flash of light...

What tha...

Where... where'd they go??!

TODD?  Ian?!


She scrambles to her feet and races toward Time Keeper, sand slipping beneath her boots, frantically typing a message...


TIME KEEPER WAT HPPND  WER TODD AN AMM-FIBIAN



(OOC:  Angelfish has been tinkering with the TXT-to-Voice.  Everyone's names have been added as hotkeys - it gives them that stilted sound that you get with proper names added to an automatic answering system)
Time Keeper
 player, 370 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2016
at 05:25
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
"Im not sure. He tried to time travel with our friends, all i could do was send a ripple after him and knock him off target. Sadly i couldn't be to accurate and they have ended up  somewhere else in time." Time keeper looked tired " i promise you i will use all my powers to track them down and get our friends back "
Ty'daal
 player, 291 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 3/4
Fri 5 Aug 2016
at 03:07
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ty'daal stood quietly, seemingly unemotional at the odd turn of events. He did not have worry for his aquatic compatriot, he had seen him possess enough humans to realize the hero was somewhere nearby. Todd, on the other hand he knew really only from their last team mission- however he was strong, perhaps even more so than himself, he would survive. He was a warrior, no strange powers or magic would stop him, of that he was sure.
Amm-Fibian
 player, 505 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 4
Fri 5 Aug 2016
at 13:24
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Continuing to ponder the events while looking at the sky through the water, Amm-Fibian says, "I have no doubt Todd's punching ability will suit him well no matter the time period he has found himself. My hosts surfing ability may not hold up as well."
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1253 posts
Sat 6 Aug 2016
at 03:58
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Nereid:
Beeline tries to give you a bit more information. "A patient came in through Emergency, bitten by some kind of poisonous snake. The doctors tried something from our antivenin supplies, but it made things worse. He's changing. Kind of like what happened with me and the bees, only weirder. I could use some backup here..." Just as he says that, there's a loud crash, and the call drops!

Ian:
You find some comfort in the thought that the surfer will have Todd as a protector, whenever they ended their time-jaunt. The last glimpse you had through your host's eyes was eerily reminiscent of the land-based plants of your own time. If so, the two of them would be the only homo sapiens on Earth in that era; "Tempus Fugitive" being an artificial body containing the mental engrams of a member of the species homo futuris, of course.

[OOC: Anyone can go in any order!]
Amm-Fibian
 player, 509 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 4
Wed 10 Aug 2016
at 14:21
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
"Well, someone should hurry across town and have a look into this snake-man situation. Do we know this Beeline? Anyway, I'll stay here in the water and give helpful advice such as 'do not get bitten' and of course what to do when one inevitably gets bitten."
Time Keeper
 player, 373 posts
Wed 10 Aug 2016
at 14:27
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
"On my way" said Time Keeper as he reached out and wrapped the time stream round him. In a blur he surfed the time waves at full speed until he came to rest at the hospital where Beeline had sent his last communication from
Nereid
 player, 354 posts
 Determination:02/02
 Stamina 08/08
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 13:18
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty




Wow...I haven't worked with Time Kepper enough to be used to that.

And the rest of us will...get there the slow way...Ummm....i think I'll have to call an Uber...




 

Ty'daal
 player, 293 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 3/4
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 23:29
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ty'daal gave a grim half-smile, a surprisingly warm expression for him, and began pulling water from the ocean into a long, thin strip of water. "Ladies, if you wish I can transport you there," he spoke, stepping onto the surface of water.

(I imagine this as Ice Man style, the water arching above the city as the teammates who need transport ride along. If this is beyond what he could do, please let me know and I can alter my post.)
Amm-Fibian
 player, 510 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 4
Sat 13 Aug 2016
at 23:43
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
"Ty'daal, can you pull enough water for me to float and breath in?"
Nereid
 player, 355 posts
 Determination:02/02
 Stamina 08/08
Mon 15 Aug 2016
at 13:27
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
In reply to Amm-Fibian (msg # 75):

Nereid steps onto the "water platform"

Why thank you sir...this certainly beats an Uber.
Ty'daal
 player, 294 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 3/4
Mon 15 Aug 2016
at 14:33
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
"I can certainly try, my friend," the warrior spoke swirling his hands around drawing a 'pod' of water upwards towards the back of the water rail.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1257 posts
Wed 17 Aug 2016
at 02:56
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ty'daal:
[OOC: Test Water Control vs a Difficulty of 6 to Stunt a wave big enough for four people to ride!]
Ty'daal
 player, 295 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 3/4
Wed 17 Aug 2016
at 03:21
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
23:20, Today: Ty'daal rolled 2,2 using d6,d6 with rolls of 2,2.  Water Control (+5). Total: +5. Not successful.
Amm-Fibian
 player, 511 posts
 Currently - AmmFibian
 Determination: 4
Wed 17 Aug 2016
at 16:09
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
"I will stay behind. Nereid, can you keep the link open?"
Nereid
 player, 356 posts
 Determination:02/02
 Stamina 08/08
Thu 18 Aug 2016
at 01:15
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
In reply to Amm-Fibian (msg # 80):

Should be able to, as long as I can stay conscious.


That was a lot funnier in my head
.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1259 posts
Thu 18 Aug 2016
at 23:08
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ty'daal:
[OOC: This is a great time to spend Determination and tag one of your aquatic-themed Qualities...]
Ty'daal
 player, 296 posts
 Stamina: 12/12
 Determination: 3/4
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 16:37
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
"No one is left behind while I am around, Amm-Fibian," the warrior spoke, drawing on his inner strength to channel the water forwards to create the sphere for the aquatic bound hero to ride in while he waited for the others to climb on the sled behind him.

Ok, since this is a reset I'd be at 3/4 determination again I believe.
DainXB - GM
 GM, 1266 posts
Mon 5 Sep 2016
at 08:08
E6S2- Kona Hut - A, I, N, TK, Ty
Ty'daal:
[OOC: I've got your base Determination at 3 after your most recent rebuild, but I'll double check.]
Arcing up and over the streets of Akamai City, your wave surges inland! Water-born, you ride the curl with ease, guiding the flow and feeling the pull of the tides. Nereid is almost as secure in her footing as you are, balancing with the easy grace of a surfer. Angelfish is cruising within the arc of your wave, just ahead of the sphere of water containing Amm-Fib'ian.

Ian:
The view from up here is spectacular! For the first time, you see Akamai City from the perspective from which you saw your home city--as if you were swimming between her towers. The humans have much to learn about efficient city planning, but their efforts are not without a certain charm. The abrupt elevation changes, such as the one between the ground-level park below you and the vertical cliff-face of Kuakini General Hospital directly ahead are quite jarring aesthetically.

Speaking of jarring; you calculate the speed of your approach to the building's wall, and consider the incompressibility of water as a factor of impact dynamics...

[OOC: Continued in thread E6S3 - Kuakini General, where anyone can go in any order!]