Gilad, Vander and Shakru: What Lies Below...   Posted by The Empire.Group: 0
Gilad Rott
 player, 312 posts
 The Bard
 HP: 54/54 Rec: 9/9
Fri 10 Feb 2017
at 08:37
Gilad: The Art of Braids
"What... was that...?" the bard pants, looking down at the corpse disolving at his feet. A creature of this realm, or a man distorted beyond comprehension by the Owner's magic? And this torture chamber... was this part of some sort of sinister ritual, or did this creature simply delight in senseless cruelty?

Gilad shakes his head. They can ponder this once they're clear of the burning workhouse.

"Let's look for survivors." he says softly, taking a forlorn look at the man on the table before scanning the room for any other prisoners.
The Empire
 GM, 714 posts
Sat 11 Feb 2017
at 11:03
Gilad: The Art of Braids
There are no other prisoners in the room, but looking at the blood-crusted table there have been many other such episodes here...
Gilad Rott
 player, 313 posts
 The Bard
 HP: 54/54 Rec: 9/9
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 07:40
Gilad: The Art of Braids
"I'm so sorry..." Gilad kneels beside the girl, helping her up to her feet. He takes another hard look at the body of her father, strapped to the table. "No more will suffer his fate, I promise you."

"Now, we must hurry, before we're caught in the fire." he beckons to the others. Time to regroup with Esperon and Zanne...
Vander
 player, 272 posts
 AC-19, PD-20, MD-15
 HP-54/54, Recovery-8/7
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 15:18
Gilad: The Art of Braids
Vander checks on the girl is able to move-and then fades away again into the shadows in case any other threat presents itself. Otherwise he will follow the others.
The Empire
 GM, 719 posts
Sun 19 Feb 2017
at 09:23
Gilad: The Art of Braids
You retrace your route to the stairs, but the smoke is thickening fast. You might manage it, but the young girl, too weak to even cough, will certainly not...

Gilad has a niggling feeling he missed something relevant in the horror kitchen.
Gilad Rott
 player, 314 posts
 The Bard
 HP: 54/54 Rec: 9/9
Mon 20 Feb 2017
at 07:49
Gilad: The Art of Braids
"Need to find another way out..." the bard grimaces, pulling his cloak over his mouth as the black smoke thickens around them.

Darting back into the torture chamber, Gilad turns to Vander. "We're missing something here, I'm sure of it. No bodies, but none of the prisoners ever saw anyone come out, alive or dead... check the walls, I think there's another passage down here." Hopefully his friend's keen elven senses can spot something.

As his companions look for clues, Gilad peers over the table and shelves, searching for any mechanism that might open a hidden door...


Gilad Rott rolled 14 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 6.  WIS + Treasure Hunter.
Shakru
 player, 262 posts
 Half-orc barbarian
 Hits 45 / 38 rec: 5/4
Mon 20 Feb 2017
at 08:18
Gilad: The Art of Braids
while the others looked for a means to escape the half Orc blamed the door shut and grabbed all the rags and cloth he could find and started ramming them into the gabs round the door to slow the smoke from coming in too fast.
The Empire
 GM, 721 posts
Mon 20 Feb 2017
at 11:22
Gilad: The Art of Braids
Gilad notices a large dumbwaiter built into one wall, with a simple lever next to it. There is room enough inside for one person, even Shakru - just. The interior is stained with a thick crust of blood and littered with scraps of decomposing flesh.
Gilad Rott
 player, 315 posts
 The Bard
 HP: 54/54 Rec: 9/9
Tue 21 Feb 2017
at 07:52
Gilad: The Art of Braids
"We'll have to go one by one." the bard notes, beckoning the others over to the dumb waiter. "Vander, you first, there might be trouble. Then the girl, she can't hold out long in this conflagration. Then--" Gilad pauses as he glances at Shakru, looking the hulking orc warrior up and down. "You're last, my friend. Can't have you breaking the whole mechanism before we're out."

The bard grins faintly, a fleeting moment of levity amidst their grim predicament...

This message was last edited by the player at 07:52, Tue 21 Feb 2017.

Shakru
 player, 263 posts
 Half-orc barbarian
 Hits 45 / 38 rec: 5/4
Tue 21 Feb 2017
at 08:38
Gilad: The Art of Braids
" I will pull the rope my strength will get the thing up quickly I think the girl is small enough to travel with you though and if our friend encounters trouble above having an unconscious child to protect while  you travel up could be disastrous"
Vander
 player, 274 posts
 AC-19, PD-20, MD-15
 HP-54/54, Recovery-8/7
Tue 21 Feb 2017
at 15:05
Gilad: The Art of Braids
In reply to Gilad Rott (msg # 60):

Vander nods, heading for the dumbwaiter. If need be, and the device seems unlikely to hold anyone's weight-he will try to fix the situation. Mostly by climbing up the shaft himself, and then using his knotted rope to lower down to the others.
The Empire
 GM, 725 posts
Sun 26 Feb 2017
at 08:39
Gilad: The Art of Braids
Vander crawls inside the gory dumbwaiter then Gilad pulls the lever. Evidently magic is involved in its operation, as the box rises smoothly without any need for intervention. From the length of time it takes to reach the top, Vander guesses it has bypassed the ground floor.

The dumbwaiter opens to reveal another dingy kitchen, this one evidently used for the preparation of food. A huge bear of a man in a cook's apron is approaching the dumbwaiter; he seems unsurprised to find someone inside...
Vander
 player, 275 posts
 AC-19, PD-20, MD-15
 HP-54/54, Recovery-8/7
Sun 26 Feb 2017
at 14:43
Gilad: The Art of Braids
Vander attempts to conceal himself from the man's sight, slipping past him just in case he proves to be hostile. He almost plans to get out of the elevator shaft and kill the person in question if he is hostile and alone...

(OOC-Should I roll shadow walk here?)
The Empire
 GM, 726 posts
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 11:19
Gilad: The Art of Braids
Since it's hard to shadow walk stuffed inside a dumbwaiter, you must take a penalty of -4 to your roll. On the other hand, the cook does not look very bright, and so far he has not reacted to you...
Vander
 player, 276 posts
 AC-19, PD-20, MD-15
 HP-54/54, Recovery-8/7
Mon 27 Feb 2017
at 13:14
Gilad: The Art of Braids
In reply to The Empire (msg # 65):

OOC:
08:13, Today: Vander rolled 21 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 15.  Shadow walk at -4 due to circumstance. However, I have adventure's feat. Even if I failed, I could use the action for something else. Given that I roll, I don't think I did.

The Empire
 GM, 728 posts
Sun 5 Mar 2017
at 11:36
Gilad: The Art of Braids
Vander slides smoothly from the dumbwaiter into the shadows, leaving the cook rubbing his eyes in disbelief before stepping up to poke peer inside...
Vander
 player, 277 posts
 AC-19, PD-20, MD-15
 HP-54/54, Recovery-8/7
Sun 5 Mar 2017
at 14:21
Gilad: The Art of Braids
In reply to The Empire (msg # 67):

Vander slams the pommel of his dagger into the back If the big man's skull, trying to knock him out.

Ooc: total damage=44

09:19, Today: Vander rolled 5 using 2d6 with rolls of 2,3.  correct sneak attack.

09:18, Today: Vander rolled 17 using 4d8+4 with rolls of 2,6,3,2.  damage before x2.

09:17, Today: Vander rolled 17 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 9.  Shadow walk attack.


The Empire
 GM, 730 posts
Sun 5 Mar 2017
at 15:15
Gilad: The Art of Braids
The cook slumps to the ground silently. Now Vander has the time to take stock he immediately notices a trio of half moon windows high on one wall with wan daylight beyond. The iron bars blocking then should prove no match of Shakru, and he can fit through to boot.

Though the fire has not yet reached this corner of the building, Vander can still smell smoke and feel the heart of the fire. Then his eye is drawn to the large magical device on the kitchen table, a large silver and iron box with a large hopper on top. At the bottom is a small alcove, with a plate of delicious looking steak and vegetables. All of the ovens and work surfaces are heavy with dust - they haven't been used for months...
Vander
 player, 278 posts
 AC-19, PD-20, MD-15
 HP-54/54, Recovery-8/7
Sun 5 Mar 2017
at 18:18
Gilad: The Art of Braids
Vander worries about the room later. Now he had to get the others up here and then worry about the cook waking up. As soon as he can he signals to the others and starts the dumb waiter up again.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:20, Sun 05 Mar 2017.

Gilad Rott
 player, 316 posts
 The Bard
 HP: 54/54 Rec: 9/9
Mon 6 Mar 2017
at 05:39
Gilad: The Art of Braids
"We'll be out of this soon..." Gilad tells the child, helping her into the dumb waiter and jerking the lever to send it up to Vander. If nothing goes wrong, he and Shakru follow in turn.
Shakru
 player, 264 posts
 Half-orc barbarian
 Hits 45 / 38 rec: 5/4
Mon 6 Mar 2017
at 07:23
Gilad: The Art of Braids
Shaker continued to do his best to seal the gaps round the door to give them a bit more time and slow the smoke from entering the  room
The Empire
 GM, 731 posts
Wed 8 Mar 2017
at 11:45
Gilad: The Art of Braids
One by one you ascend in the gory dumbwaiter. Despite Shakru's efforts the cellar thick with smoke when he leaves, and the cramped journey up gets very hot at one point, but everyone arrives in one piece. By now the kitchen is filling with smoke as well and you can almost hear the roar of flames from elsewhere in the building...
Vander
 player, 279 posts
 AC-19, PD-20, MD-15
 HP-54/54, Recovery-8/7
Wed 8 Mar 2017
at 16:19
Gilad: The Art of Braids
"The bars on the window! They can be forced open!" He looks to the half orc, suggesting he provide the way out.

He readies a rope so they can climb out once the troublesome barred windows where opened.
Gilad Rott
 player, 317 posts
 The Bard
 HP: 54/54 Rec: 9/9
Fri 10 Mar 2017
at 07:59
Gilad: The Art of Braids
Gilad looks between the window bars and Shakru, takes a step back, and motions to the window with an exaggerated flourish. "After you." he says to the orc.

While Shakru works on breaking open an exit, the bard takes a cautious glance around the burning kitchen, looking for any other ways out of here, if they can't get the window open quickly...
The Empire
 GM, 734 posts
Sat 11 Mar 2017
at 08:55
Gilad: The Art of Braids
Shakru wrenches out the iron bars and with the help of Vander's rope you all make it safely down to the alley some 18 feet below. Just in time, as the door to the room is smouldering.

Assume you can all reach the main square. Back to the main thread please.