The White Castle.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: archive 1
Sparrow
 player, 4 posts
 Human Enchanter
 Stabor's Niece
Mon 11 Jan 2016
at 00:22
Re: The White Castle
Sparrow darts out from under cover.  Giants!?  Here?   Dodging around wreckage, she narrows her eyes at a figure on the wall.  Fox!  She must seize this chance to capture him before he makes off in the chaos.  Swirling her staff, she begins a spell that will defeat the nefarious Red Fox once and for all!

"HELP!"

Her eyes fly to the side.  A boy is dangling from the wreckage of a tower!  If she saves him, Red Fox may escape.   But if she does not, he will likely die.  The adrenalin that curbs her fear cools, and she is suddenly afraid.

As the support beam lurches under Akhenaten's hands, her own hands fly up, in a stopping motion, and a gust of wind lifts him to safely.  The beam is less lucky:  it falls with a crash into a pile of rubble.


OOC:  Roll to decrease A's danger level:  Air Magic 2d6+5, cunning [very cunning if Master of Air allows it].  Result 10 (Success).

This message was last edited by the player at 01:06, Mon 11 Jan 2016.

Tiloleria
 player, 166 posts
Mon 11 Jan 2016
at 16:13
Re: The White Castle
"The bigger they are ..." Tiloleria started muttering, but didn't finish the phrase. Her adrenaline was still running so hard that she knew her kidney's would ache when this was over. She was hyped, everything was in slow motion, and she was already assessing what to do as the giant fell

"Damn" she started to say when she saw Sparrow. That was all she needed! A sorceress or something to back the giants up, Sorceresses were just trouble. Especially when they attack her principal. And... "OMG" she breathed as a necromancer joined the sorceress

In that graceful style that Elves had she charged up to what she clearly thought was an evil sorceress, and a vile necromancer, her faithful blade slamming towards both of them  trying to remove their heads with a one, two chop "Die" she hissed


Firstly: Sorry Sparrow/Darnius. Spell caster arrives in middle of battle I'd be metagaming if I didn't attack you both. Especially the necromancer 'Gank the wizard' is the first rule of survival

Sword attack: 15 PRECISE/AREA  <--- It was 15 not 14
The AREA Is a free action

16:10, Today: Tiloleria rolled 14 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,4,4.  Prec.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:08, Mon 11 Jan 2016.

Storyteller
 GM, 370 posts
Mon 11 Jan 2016
at 20:30
Re: The White Castle
Right after Tiloleria defeats one of the giants, she notices a strange blonde sorceress stepping out of the keep making gestures with her hands as if casting some sort of spell. Sparrow A few seconds later she is joined by a red-haired man in black robes holding a staff. He has a necklace that Tiloleria, thanks to her witcher training, recognizes as being made of vampire fangs Darnias.

Akhenaten begins to slowly descend thanks to Sparrow's spell and lands safely on the castle walls DL decrease.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:30, Mon 11 Jan 2016.

Darnias
 player, 8 posts
Mon 11 Jan 2016
at 21:33
Re: The White Castle
When Darnius emerged onto the cortyard, he found himself on a battlefield. Well damn, now that explains a lot of things. It seems the bandits were attacked by giants and were now in the middle of a battle with them. A better opportunity for an escape won't come soon enough.

Some bandit woman charged at them both with a sword drawn. Damn bandits. They will need a bodyguard to get through this battlefield and this bandit just volunteered. She would serve this purpose perfectly.

Stay close to me and we might just get out of this in one piece. he said to the girl next to him and gestured towards the warrioress attacking them and spoke to her: I am your master now! Serve me!

I hope I am doing this correctly.

Darnias rolled 17 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 6,6. Mind Control.

Very Powerful from Willbreaker, that means it's harder to resist the spell.

That necklace gives me Powerful maneuver for free. Does it also mean Very Powerful is free?

I use 1 Influence to extend the duration.

Tiloleria
 player, 170 posts
Mon 11 Jan 2016
at 23:17
Re: The White Castle
Tiloleria almost sank to her knees with the effort of fending of Darnias's attack. But that didn't stop her sword carrying on for his head

I take 2 influence scars
Sparrow
 player, 8 posts
 Human Enchanter
 Stabor's Niece
Tue 12 Jan 2016
at 02:49
Re: The White Castle
Sparrow jumped back from the sword attack, quite narrowly.

"So you are with Red Fox!  He won't imprison me again!" she cried at the warrior.

Her eyes blazed as she invoked powers, and invisible strands of force jerked at Tiloleria, as if great hands were binding her in place.



OOC:
I take two BODY to survive the sword attack.
KO Attack 11 [POWERFUL, need to spend one additional point to resist].
I spent 1 SOUL for KO damage.  She will be unable to move but can talk if she fails.
Concentration to hold the spell if successful.
Storyteller
 GM, 376 posts
Tue 12 Jan 2016
at 03:26
Re: The White Castle
Ok, this is an example of how this works. Sorry I played as you Tiloleria.

I rolled for you. You had to spend 1 Soul point for the DEFENCE maneuver. Also 1 body point for the Difficult action.


Tiloleria charged to the two spellcasters. First, she swung her sword at Darnias, but hit thin air. The man was an illusion that was just shattered. Sparrow didn't have such luck and only narrowly managed to avoid the sword. Lost 2 Body points.

Then Sparrow invoked a spell that would imprison the she-elf fighter. Tiloleria felt an invisible force binding her with the strength of a giant. But she wasn't one to let herself be stopped by spellcaster's tricks. While  fighting back against a spell with the force of a hurricane was very taxing, she managed to use her great strength and broke free from her imprisonment now more determined then ever.

04:08, Today: Storyteller, on behalf of Tiloleria, rolled 14 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 5,4.  Brute Force resist.

Maneuver: Defence

Effect: DL decrease

Tiloleria's Danger Level was decreased by 1 to 2.


Seeing an opportunity, "Joe" shoots an arrow at Sparrow to silence her.

Today: Red Fox rolled 13 using 3d6+3, dropping the lowest dice only with rolls of 2,4,6.  Arrow Shot.

Effect: KO

Maneuvers: Precise

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:34, Tue 12 Jan 2016.

Sparrow
 player, 9 posts
 Human Enchanter
 Stabor's Niece
Tue 12 Jan 2016
at 03:32
Re: The White Castle
Sparrow uses the last of her energy to duck just in time from the arrow attack.

"Fox!" she cries, "Coward!"

All of the stones around her rise like a thousand swirling sling shots, before they fly in a pummeling arc at Red Fox.

OOC:
DC 9.  Precise KO damage.  1 SOUL.
Lost 2 BODY.  Now at zero.  Yep, squishy.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:12, Tue 12 Jan 2016.

Storyteller
 GM, 377 posts
Tue 12 Jan 2016
at 04:18
Re: The White Castle
The giants have been defeated, with Tiloleria finishing off one of them and the other one being killed by Tuki and her throwing daggers. From her hiding place she had a great shot at the giant's weak point and she wasn't one to miss. The unsuspecting giant died instantly.

Storyteller, on behalf of Tuki, rolled 14 using 2d6+3 with rolls of 6,5. Knife Throw

But now, it appears another conflict began, against two mages Tiloleria thought of as enemies. While the dark mage vanished into thin air the blonde Wizard was still battling her. And now "Joe" joined into the fray. Peppering her with arrows, Sparrow only narrowly avoided them.

Seething with rage, Sparrow sends a shower of heavy stones at Red Fox.

Today: Red Fox rolled 9 using 2d6+3 with rolls of 5,1.  Dodging.

Failed, spends 5 Fate points to survive.


Though he tried to avoid them, the shower took him by storm and only by a miracle did the heavily bruised bandit managed to stay on his feet.

New round begins now! Everyone can post when they want.


Red Fox Acts first


Crooknose, kill that blonde witch! shouts Red Fox at his associate as he lets out an arrow to distract Sparrow.

Red Fox rolled 11 using 3d6+3, dropping the lowest dice only with rolls of 5,3,2.  Precise shot.

Maneuver: Precise

Effect: Raise DL by 1


Crooknose obliges with his bosses commands and attacks Sparrow with his club.

Today: Storyteller, for the NPC Crooknose, rolled 9 using 2d6+2.  Powerful blow.

Maneuver: Powerful

Effect: KO

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:18, Tue 12 Jan 2016.

Tiloleria
 player, 171 posts
Tue 12 Jan 2016
at 07:50
Re: The White Castle
"Woo" Tiloleria felt sick. Her head pounded and she knew one more spell like that from the evil necromancer and she was a goner. That sickness and pounding head didn't help her process what Sparrow had said. "Woo hold on" she said backing away, and not ... quite ... pointing the sword at Sparrow "We're not with Red Fox. We're with him"

Using her shield she almost casually deflected the attack of Crooknose, and reflexively stabbed towards his throat. She might be groggy but her well trained body knew how to defend itself.

Tiloleria nodded her head to Akhenaton as she was talking and fighting "You looked you were with the evil necromancer and the giants" but Tiloleria could see that what she'd assumed was an offensive spell to pick up Akhenaton, lifting him higher and higher until he dropped, had in fact been an attempt to save him. And Sparrow's words implied the sorceress had been a prisoner and was escaped


Free Defend for another (bodyguard perq + shield)Defend 13
PRECISE/CUNNING attack on SparrowAttack 15

08:47, Today: Tiloleria rolled 15 using 3d6+5 with rolls of 2,3,5.  Attack Crooknose.
08:46, Today: Tiloleria rolled 13 using 2d6+5 with rolls of 2,6.  Defend for Sparrow.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:50, Tue 12 Jan 2016.

Pete Yondallah
 player, 42 posts
 Halfling Trickster
 Beware my Tricks!
Tue 12 Jan 2016
at 18:33
Re: The White Castle
Pete's focus went from the felled Giants to the traitorous form of Red Fox. That bastard had it coming to him, and Pete would try to deliver the goods.

He produced another throwing kinfe and flung it at the rogue.


Pete is attempting to use a throwing knife to increase danger level of Red Fox
He has TALENT, PRECISE, and CUNNING

10:31, Today: Pete Yondallah rolled 10 using 3d6 with rolls of 1,5,5.  Danger Level Red Fox (Throw knife).

Let me know if I did anything wrong...

Storyteller
 GM, 381 posts
Tue 12 Jan 2016
at 20:04
Re: The White Castle
Tiloleria casually deflected Crooknose's attempted attack on Sparrow and almost ended the bandit's life. Crooknose managed to pull away at the last second. He lost 5 Fate points.

Red Fox saw the knife too late and the knife hit him in his leg and made him lose his balance. And so the infamous bandit tumbled down the ruined castle walls. He managed to slow his descent somewhat and landed on the cortyard with a few more bruises.

Alright, alright, we surrender! Red Fox puts his hands in the air and Crooknose does the same.

1 Fate point for DEFENCE maneuver. (He is out of them now BTW)

Today: Red Fox rolled 12 using 2d6+3 with rolls of 4,5.  Dodge.

Pete rolled 15 so Red Fox lost. His DL increased by 2 to 5.


Combat ends.
Red Fox
 NPC, 4 posts
Tue 12 Jan 2016
at 20:43
Re: The White Castle
So, it came down to this. I should never have let you live girl. Red Fox snarled at Sparrow before addressing all of you. Alright then, no more lies. Yes, I am the Red Fox and I know when I am beaten. Crooknose here is the only one of my gang who survived.

Those two giants and that orc slave belonged to that dark Mage whose image you saw here earlier. His name is Darnias. He wanted to study these ruins and I agreed, for a price. But it seems that in the end he decided to just take what he wanted by force. Now he and his orc slave got what they came here for and are now who knows where.


He walked up to Tiloleria, Sparrow, Akhenaten and the wounded Brech.

Now you know I can be honest. So I propose an honest trade. I will tell you where we hid our loot and the stolen tax money and you can keep all of it to yourself. It's a great treasure, enough to make all of you rich. In exchange, you will let me and Crooknose go free. I give you my word that we will never return to these lands.

And before you try to betray me, keep our loot for yourselves and then turn us in to the authorities, remember that they will be asking us what happened to the lost tax money. And if that happens we will make sure that each and every last one of you joins us at the gallows as fellow outlaws. So, do we have a deal?
Red fox smirks at you, before offering his hand to you for a handshake to seal the deal.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:43, Tue 12 Jan 2016.

Tiloleria
 player, 175 posts
Tue 12 Jan 2016
at 22:50
Re: The White Castle
Tilolerial punched Red Fox hard with her gauntleted fists, then kneed him in the stomach "We'll take your deal into consideration" she said "But if you smirk at me again then you will regret it. The knee will be lower for a start. Prefix your next statements with 'Sir' and 'Madam'"

She turned to Sparrow apparently ignoring Red Fox "I have to apologize for my earlier attack" she said "I thought you were with the evil necromancer. I now realise that the spell you cast on my principal was in fact intended to save him, not do him harm"

Precise/powerful attack (or intimidate or both) 14
Pete Yondallah
 player, 43 posts
 Halfling Trickster
 Beware my Tricks!
Tue 12 Jan 2016
at 23:03
Re: The White Castle
Pete made his way over to where the others were entertaining the offer provided by the Red Fox. For his own part, he would be happy to get his hands on as much gold as possible. But he would make that known soon enough. The new additions to their little party had his interest.
Sparrow
 player, 12 posts
 Human Enchanter
 Stabor's Niece
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 00:45
Re: The White Castle
Sparrow had long, honey hair; and eyes like the sky.  She dressed as a young woman of Drchov would.  A runed, elven ring of blue quartz was on her left forefinger, and a silver locket hung from her neck.

Her eyes were locked on Red Fox.  She nodded grimly at Tiloleria's words.  "And I thought you were with him."

"Hold still, "  she ordered their prisoner sharply.  She stepped forward and touched his forehead, glaring if he jerked away, until he submitted.  "Hear me.  You shall never tell a lie, but your tongue will turn numb and icy as snow, till it be solstice again.

OOC:  I'm assuming he is defeated enough we do not need to fight over this.  Sparrow is cursing him with a Truth Curse.  Enchanter 5:  2d6+5 = 15.

Satisfied, she stepped back.  "You will face justice for murdering my uncle and my father.  I don't care about your money, and if these people be good people, they will be satisfied with the reward for turning you in.  And if they want to rough you up a little to get you to talk about your stolen treasure... then it's the least that a murderer deserves."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:47, Wed 13 Jan 2016.

Tiloleria
 player, 177 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 14:28
Re: The White Castle
"My principal is not a good people if that is your definition then" Tiloleria said "Because my principal wants this treasure. That's why we have spent weeks, and faced down demons and giants to get here. His goal here is that treasure. I will have to consult him on how he wants to dispose of Red Fox, although as the head of the group that defeated the giants and captured Red Fox, I suspect he will want to maximise his investment"

"I don't anticipate any problems getting the truth out of Red Fox.  He will tell us where the treasure is, it's only a matter of time."

"Following that however, you may wish to negotiate with my principal to decide his fate. We will be leaving with the treasure: that is the stated goal of my principal and he is sufficiently dedicated to come this far, he's not stopping now. His threat to 'shop' my principal is real, and he cannot be permitted to follow through with it. There are a number of solutions to that problem. Which ever we adopt, I am happy to commit to making sure that he  pays the price for killing your kin."
she kicked Red Fox again, not particularly gently "Bad deeds will eventually come around to bite you" she said thoughtfully to the bandit "This is a life lesson that I suspect you will not live long enough to benefit from"
Tuki
 player, 55 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 15:20
Re: The White Castle
Sorry, just to clarify...was that "Joe" guy actually Red Fox? I'm guessing more or less solely on the fact they have the same portrait, and the "Yes, I am Red Fox" comment he made, but I think I've missed the part where it was specifically stated that he was the guy known as "Joe".

Tuki saunters down from the castle wall and surveys the scene.

"Well, that was a bit of fun, wasn't it?" she says casually. "Now, where's all this cash we came in here to get our hands on? We getting a share each or something?"
Tiloleria
 player, 180 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 17:44
Re: The White Castle
"As Akhenaton about shares" Tiloleria commented and prodded the person she thought of as Red Fox with her toe again as she spoke about him, to indicate who she was talking about "As far as I know he's Red Fox. He declared himself as such, and he's certainly arrogant and stupid enough to be so. I've no idea if it's 'Joe'. You'll have to asked the boss" she nodded again towards Akhenaton
Sparrow
 player, 14 posts
 Human Enchanter
 Stabor's Niece
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 23:29
Re: The White Castle
"He should go to trial, " Sparrow replied.  "There is a reward for turning him in, and I know my uncle Stabor hired some mercenaries to join me in bringing him to justice.  Who is your principal?"
Tiloleria
 player, 182 posts
Thu 14 Jan 2016
at 08:23
Re: The White Castle
"What is the point of the trial" asked Tilolera curiously "everyone knows he is guilty. You have a kin-right of vengeance on his body. As his body is owned by my principal now" she gestured to Akheneten with her head "I'd ask you to spare him until we have finished with him, but if you were to slay him now, I for one would not try and stop you"

"Your human 'justice' system is notoriously poor. For all you know he will bribe, bully or fix the result in some other way. You have no need to make his guilt known publically. What will the trial give you that killing him won't? Keeping him alive makes us a target for those mercenaries. Something that has to be balanced against the reward"


She shrugged "still first things first. He needs to tell us where the treasure is. He can negotiate that for a quick clean death if he wants to" she reached down and removed any weapons from the Fox, and started to bind him
Tuki
 player, 58 posts
Thu 14 Jan 2016
at 15:21
Re: The White Castle
Tuki shrugs.

"We leave him alive, he comes after us later, or gets someone else to do it." she says. "We get our cash, deal with this guy, then we can forget about this place. Tying up the loose ends, as it were."
Janglur
 player, 51 posts
Sun 17 Jan 2016
at 00:06
Re: The White Castle
Janglur walks up to the group, the way his skin was slightly flushed along with his general demeanor relaying the fact that he was duly embarrassed. He hadn't managed to contribute at all to their last battle, spent time trying to get in position to shoot, then incapacitated by the rock that one giant threw... anyways.

Seeing nothing he could do to contribute to the situation, Janglur turns and keeps an eye out.
Tiloleria
 player, 191 posts
Sun 17 Jan 2016
at 10:17
Re: The White Castle
"Hey Janglur. We missed you" Tiloleria said. Not in a wind up way, but letting him know he was appreciated. "Evil git wizard still around somewhere so keep your eyes open. We have Mr Scumbag here to deal with"

She nodded to Sparrow and dragged the now rather battered and beaten Fox over Akheneten. "OK Boss" she said. "Sparrow over there want's this guy's ass dragging through one of your human courts. Mr Soon-To-Living-The-Rest-Of-His-Unproductive-Life-In-Pain if he doesn't improve his attitude here is mouthing off some junk. Dope him up, let's get the location of the loot, and then we can decide what to do."
Storyteller
 GM, 393 posts
Sun 17 Jan 2016
at 21:33
Re: The White Castle
It is indeed a very hard choice. On one hand we might end up funding the next extravagant party of the local nobility with nothing to show for it. On the other we risk being hunted down as outlaws. Akhenaten thinks about it and then approaches tied Red Fox and Crooknose. First, show us the treasure. We will see if it's as legendary as you say.

See, all you had to do was ask! smiles Red Fox and continues. Unfortunately, the tax money isn't here. I didn't want to keep it in our hideout in case we were discovered and had to move quickly. As you can see, it was a wise decision. What was here was an artifact that was transported along with the tax money. It was some kind of golden sceptre. I kept it here to trade it with that dark mage Darnias but it seems he was faster then me and escaped with it while you were fighting his lackeys. Red Fox seems visibly annoyed as his reason to hiring you in the first place only got him into trouble with nothing to show for it.
So it's in the local town, Drchov. Right under the nose of the local lord. I appreciate the irony of that. I will lead you to it's location. And to enusre that I am honest with you I will tell you where I kept some of the "spending money" we had here. Take it as a proof of my good-will.

A few minutes later a part of your group goes to investigate the keep while the rest of you stays behind to guard Red Fox and Crooknose. You don't find many valuable things in there. Some low-quality weapons and rations, mostly. On the third floor you move an old wardrobe out of the way to reveal the secret room Red Fox told you about. Inside, you find a small chest with about 240 silver coins. Although it was a small fortune, divided between the 8 of you it would barely cover your expenses.

Everyone gets 30 silver coins.

While exploring the castle you have also found another prisoner of the bandits locked in a cell in the dungeons. A wood elf named Keryth. Sorry it took me so long to get you into the game. Grateful for the rescue he gladly joins your group.

After you finish with the keep you and your two prisoners set out for Drchov where the treasure should be hidden.

I will set up the next thread soon.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:33, Sun 17 Jan 2016.