Adventure Continues!   Posted by Storyteller.Group: archive 1
Tiloleria
 player, 135 posts
Thu 14 Aug 2014
at 09:27
Re: Adventure Continues!
"My goodness, you did well there Brech" said Tiloleria pleased that the creature had died, and it wasn't Brech's corpse she was dragging out of the swamp. "And the the rest of you. It is lucky we met and stayed together I think." She mostly discounted the cackling about the master. Her only experience with monsters like this was demons in tales, and in those tales if you changed what you were going to do based on what the demons told you, it all went bad. Ignoring their lies was usually the best approach.

"You are of course correct Akhenaten" she nodded



As they approached she pondered the best approach to the castle. If she had a choice between approaching a ruin that might be demon and undead haunted by day, or by night, there was no real contest. Staying the night here then going at dawn looked good

She decided to leave the 'talking things over' to other people. Her job was just to break heads, and stop their own heads getting broken

This message was last edited by the player at 13:57, Sat 16 Aug 2014.

Brech
 player, 15 posts
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 22:30
Re: Adventure Continues!
I know, right? I thought this thing will eat our souls and now I actually killed it when it thought I was done for. Brech laughs and tries to clean his axe from the demon's blood. Anyway, let's indeed a good idea to swiftly leave. This swamp here was never that safe and the longer we longer here, the greater the chance of some other monstrosity finding us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later

Climbing upon the hill, Brech looked upon their destination and sighed. This was the furthest he ever was from his home and tomorrow he is going to fight a group of bandits alongside three elves, a halfling and a man that didn't look exactly human (basing this of Akhenaten's description) and was some sort of alchemist. A few days ago he didn't even think elves actually existed and now he was travelling with three of them. This whole journey felt more like a dream for a simple young son of a lumberjack.
Spotting the halfling female tending the fire, Brech approached her and said Hello there, fellow traveler! Can we spend the night by your fire? Don't worry, we can pull our own weight and it will be safer if we spend the night together.
Tuki
 player, 18 posts
Sat 16 Aug 2014
at 13:50
Re: Adventure Continues!
The halfling looks up as the group approaches. She has dark brown hair with glinting eyes to match, and wears clothes that look as though they've seen better days but were clearly designed for the rather rough lifestyle of someone who spends a lot of time outdoors. A backpack sits on the floor beside her and she clutches flint and steel in her hands, having evidently just used them to light the newly-burning fire. She quickly stows this in her pack, however, and eyes the group suspiciously.

"Who're you?" she asks bluntly, one hand moving warily to the dagger she wears sheathed at her waist.

Any chance of a description of some kind regarding who exactly is standing in front of me right now? As in, how many people, and their races and some kind of brief description? Just so I know what I'm looking at. Also, some more detail on my immediate surroundings and on the local area would be good too, so I know where I am and where I've most likely just come from ;).
Storyteller
 GM, 301 posts
Mon 18 Aug 2014
at 22:55
Re: Adventure Continues!
As you aproach the old shrine, Minghan suddenly speaks up. We are out of the swamp now. Good luck with your... quest. You coming along Janglur, or do you wish to stay with them? I'll go look for opportunities elsewhere, this land is cursed and I want to be as far away from it as possible. I assume Janglur stays with you, since this is just a way to write Minghan out of the story. When Janglur refuses his offer, he bids his friend from Mirathor forest farewell and heads west, obviously intending to leave this valley behind him by nightfall. As the halfling seems somewhat vary, Akhenaten steps forward to defuse the situation. His fine clothes make him appear as some sort of a minor nobleman more then a simple traveler, he definitely doesn't look like a bandit. And his tone and carefully chosen words have a certain aura of trustworthiness to them, as if here was no lie in him.
Calm yourself, little one. We are adventurers here to deal with the bandit group that's hiding in that cursed castle over there. Akhenaten points to the ruined White Castle to the north. We just want to make camp and rest for a bit before we deal with those bandits in the morning. If it's an issue, we can always find another place to make camp. I am Akhenaten and this here are Brech, Tiloleria, Pete and Janglur. Akhenaten looks upon Tuki and awaits her answer.
I prefer to let these things between PCs happen naturally, though Akhenaten has +5 to gaining trust. Just note that he seems like a very trustworthy person, Tuki, I will you to decide what to make of it.

Description (it was in my previous post, but if you want a longer one, then sure):

You stand on a sparsely forested hill with a good view of the ruined White Castle to the north. Atop the highest point of the hill lies an old shrine devoted to old gods. Even now though, you can see remnants of offerings of flowers and food, the newest ones are about a month old. Half-rined pillar around the shrine indicate that it used to be part of a larger temple.

For Tuki:

Before you stand five people total, in the front is Akhenaten. A 62 inch tall boy with eyes like pools to the abyss. They seem to have no irises as they were pitch black making them look like huge pupils. The brow above them is hairless and unmarred by wrinkles. His hair is snow white and gossamer, floating rather than falling about his face. His lips are thin and a pale whitish pink in color hiding pearly white teeth. His ears are small and located slightly higher than average for humans, but still within the normal spectrum. His small hands have long slender fingers lacking any sort of nails. His torso is smooth and hairless with pale white skin. His limbs are thin and spindly. He lacks muscle tone over most of his body. He prefers a white and gold palate and sun motifs when it comes to his clothes. His normal choice is a long white hooded gown with golden triangles around the sleeves hem, and hood. A golden sash narrows it towards the waist. White lacquered wooden shoes serve to protect his soft white socks. A white leather backpack embroidered with golden suns allows him to carry his equipment. Its buttons and claps continue the sun motif established in the rest of his clothes.
Behind him, as if covering his back are Brech, young and muscular lumberjack with brown hair touching to his shoulders carying an axe and an old wooden shield, his clothes are plain clothes of a lumberjack, now somewhat dirty from travels. Next to him is an elven female Tiloleria with ginger hair, dressed in light leather armour and carrying an ornate sword with a shield. Behind them is Janglur, a half-elf with a bow and the last one is Pete, a somewhat shady-looking halfling, about the same sort as Tuki is.
Tuki
 player, 19 posts
Mon 18 Aug 2014
at 23:25
Re: Adventure Continues!
Tuki slowly looks Akhenaten up and down for several moments, then eyes the rest of the group before raising an eyebrow and putting her head slightly to one side.

"Bandits, eh? Ugh...typical. I was going to have a look at those ruins - they looked kind of interesting. But if it's bandits...well, sounds like I'm better off avoiding it."

She shrugs and makes a sweeping gesture with one hand, indicating the fire and the area around it.

"But fine. Share the fire if you want. Just know that if you try to touch my stuff, I'll show you how well I can use this knife."

She pats the sheathed dagger but makes no move to draw it. She assumes a casual, slouched sort of position beside the fire but her eyes flit around each member of the group as she keeps an eye on them, all strangers to her.
Tiloleria
 player, 138 posts
Tue 19 Aug 2014
at 20:29
Re: Adventure Continues!
"A blessing on our meeting." Tiloleria said and nodded her head in a little bow "The oaths of hospitality are in place, and your things are sacrosanct." Tiloleria hoped that Tuki knew that went both ways.

"I'll take first watch" she preferred. "This close to the bandits we should double our watches. Who wants to go first as well" They wouldn't get that much sleep that night, she suspected, but they were all hardened travelers, and a few hours less sleep might mean that they were still alive in the morning. And for all she knew this Tuki was in league with the bandits. She would keep an eye on the halfling while she was on watch, and relay her suspicions to her replacements.

[Private to Tuki: There are a handful of pictures if you click on my name]
Tuki
 player, 20 posts
Tue 19 Aug 2014
at 21:59
Re: Adventure Continues!
Tuki blinks and gives Tiloleria a slightly odd look at the whole "oaths of hospitality" spiel.

"Um. Right." she says. "You mean, you have no intention of touching my stuff? Good."

She gives a single, brief nod to punctuate the last word.

"Can't say I'm too comfortable just dropping off to sleep surrounded by a bunch of strangers. I'm definitely staying up a while."

[Private to Tiloleria: That's funny, she looks exactly like Tauriel ;).]

This message was last edited by the player at 22:00, Tue 19 Aug 2014.

Janglur
 player, 35 posts
Tue 19 Aug 2014
at 23:06
Re: Adventure Continues!

This message was deleted by the player at 00:18, Wed 27 Aug 2014.

Pete Yondallah
 player, 25 posts
 Halfling Trickster
 Beware my Tricks!
Tue 19 Aug 2014
at 23:25
Re: Adventure Continues!
Pete had wandered off as soon as Brech finished off the demonic interloper, looking for the poorly thrown daggers that had lodged themselves in trees or mud rather than his intended target. He muttered to himself. "Not my fault. It was foggy."

Pete made pleasant conversation with the others as they walked, though movement through this area was a bit of a struggle for him. He liked city streets - flat city streets.

He had dropped back a little when they came upon Tuki, as his legs had tired some, but when he caught sight of her, his jaw dropped. A fellow halfling was here. And she appeared to be a female fellow halfling. Pete ducked behind the taller members of their adventuring team and tried to straighten himself up as well as he could. A little spit on the palm was used to help make his currently unruly hair a little more, well, ruly.

Once he was done with a little prep, he stepped out from behind the others and flashed his best smile toward Tuki. "I'm glad we happened upon your fire. What brings you out this way?"
Tuki
 player, 21 posts
Tue 19 Aug 2014
at 23:53
Re: Adventure Continues!
Tuki glances at Pete and shrugs.

"Just...travelling. Wandering. Seeing what's what."
Storyteller
 GM, 304 posts
Sat 23 Aug 2014
at 20:00
Re: Adventure Continues!
It doesn't take long for the group to settle in and the campsite to be prepared. Janglur went into the forest with his bow to try and catch something, though it wasn't easy (6). You can spend two Soul points to catch dinner for everyone, which will allow you to eat without spending your rations.

Venture to the shrine reveals still intact statues of the old gods as well as a small crypt, where you can see five coffins of stone spread around the central pillar with the following inscription.

Here lie the brave heroes who slew the sorcerer Dastan, the defiler of White Castle and his dark servants. The one who plunged this land into darkness with his dark magic. May their sacrifice never be forgotten.

Upon each hero's coffin you find the following inscriptions.

Thorgar the Wise - An exiled dwarven prince, wizard extraordinaire. His magic was key to defeating Dastan.
Silver of Green Meadows - A halfling of quick wit and fingers, master of deception and trickery.
Magister Torrus - Once exiled, this brilliant man redeemed himself by turning his knowledge of dark and occult forces on Dastan.
Sir Ulrich the Dragonslayer - A brave knight in shining armor who stood up to any monster or man.
Elria of the Wilds - Witch of the wilds, kin to the wild beasts stalking the woods.
Talendris of Mirathor Forest - A champion of all that is good and just. An elven champion swordsman who slew Dastan's undead mostrosities by dozens.


The night of the equinox is a night of wonders and powerful magic and this is a place of power. You can feel it in the air. Who knows what might happen here?

Sitting around the campfire while the sun slowly diminishes, Akhenaten tries to start a conversation. So, we are travelling together now and I though it might be nice to know more about each other. Anyone willing to start?

As for you miss, wouldn't you by any chance consider joining us on our venture?
Akhenaten asks Tuki.

You can now level up another time and also give yourself those advanced classes. Your character level is now 8, so if you want you can now have 2 levels in an advanced class. If there are any questions please let me know.
Tuki
 player, 22 posts
Sun 24 Aug 2014
at 11:31
Re: Adventure Continues!
Erm, I think I'm still just level six - I haven't done anything to my sheet since I finished creating my character and got my skills/perks/whatever they wre sorted.

Tuki looks across at Akhenaten.

"What, go and get into trouble with a bunch of bandits in a ruined castle that they've been occupying for however long and have probably therefore learnt their way around most of whatever's left of the corridors and secret tunnels and all that and so might be difficult to sneak up on?"

There is a pause, then she gives a devious little half-smile.

"Do you reckon they've got anything worth having?"

Then she frowns.

"Mind you, I don't have any plans to get noticed. You lot can do that - I'd much rather scope a place out and grab what I can before anyone knows I'm there. And if there's too many of 'em...well, maybe I can find their water supply and get to that and back without being noticed. Then all that needs doing is to wait a few hours and go back at your leisure."
Janglur
 player, 37 posts
Mon 25 Aug 2014
at 20:32
Re: Adventure Continues!
Janglur stalks forward, moccasins worn smooth and supple with use landing silent footsteps on the grassy floor. He sights down the arrow shaft at the doe grazing 30 yards away from him at his guess. He stretches the bow taut, inhales, holds and releases the arrow on the exhale, watching it arc through the air, silent death on the wing. Carrying the doe back to the camp along with a couple of rabbits he caught by way of snares, he sets them down  He glances at Tuki as she mentions sneaking into the enemy camp to find their water supply before speaking up. "Perhaps we could lure them out? He nods to Tuki before continuing "If you could get to their water supply and back, what about if you let out a shout? My guess is, these guys will come out to investigate. You get out of there before they come, I pick 'em off with my bow.  Figure maybe a two, three man patrol. They're gone long enough, guys at camp get worried, send out a few more after them, and we take them out, too. By the time they come out in full force, we'll have dwindled off their numbers, and can slip away."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:33, Mon 25 Aug 2014.

Tuki
 player, 24 posts
Tue 26 Aug 2014
at 00:35
Re: Adventure Continues!
Tuki shrugs.

"Something nasty gets into their water, you won't need to pick 'em off. You just need to wait."

She grins nastily and sits back, leaning casually against a boulder.

"That's only one suggestion, anyway. They might not even have a water...or food...supply that can be easily, er, modified."
Tiloleria
 player, 141 posts
Tue 26 Aug 2014
at 18:00
Re: Adventure Continues!
Tiloleria had watched quietly as the conversation took place around her. She was enjoying it, but had mostly kept an eye out for the things around her.

"I'd suggest we approach at dawn" she proffered "Nothing complicated, we just go up and see what is there. I've no idea how complex the castle insides are, but I doubt if they are very messy." she shrugged. She might be wrong, but she liked seeing what was there, rather than guessing. Although guessing passed the time quite nicely
Tuki
 player, 25 posts
Tue 26 Aug 2014
at 22:52
Re: Adventure Continues!
Tuki puts her head slightly to one side at Tiloleria's comment.

"It's a ruin. Surely they're all messy, pretty much by definiton? Otherwise it wouldn't be much of a ruin..."

She gives a sort of mischievous half-smile to show that she isn't being entirely serious.
Janglur
 player, 38 posts
Tue 26 Aug 2014
at 23:24
Re: Adventure Continues!
Janglur looks sidelong at Tuki as she mentions putting something in the water supply. Not my preferred style, but... " Happens that I know a bit about poison making, should we go that route," he says. Nodding to the group, he motions to the food boiling in a pot and says "food will be done in about 15 minutes."

Err...thats assuming we HAVE a pot, let me know if we don't, he can spit roast 'em.
Tiloleria
 player, 142 posts
Wed 27 Aug 2014
at 19:28
Re: Adventure Continues!
"Most ruins I've been in are just a few walls with holes where there used to be windows. I hear tales of legend of labyrinths, but all I've ever seen are a few ramshackle buildings. Most castles are just a motte and bailey with a keep on top. Four walls ten rooms maybe." Then she gave an amused smile. "Just my luck if White Castle is one of those labyrinths from the old takes. Full of minotaurs and traps. We'll have to see"

She turned and looked at Jangleur "Food sounds good"
Pete Yondallah
 player, 26 posts
 Halfling Trickster
 Beware my Tricks!
Wed 27 Aug 2014
at 22:14
Re: Adventure Continues!
Pete looked back and forth at those offering suggestions. His stomach rumbled just as Janglur mentioned the food was about ready. Though his mention of knowledge of brewing poisons gave Pete pause. He hoped Janglur wouldn't serve anything dangerous to his good friends and allies.

"Approaching at dawn sounds like a reasonable plan. Though I do my best work at night." The delivery was deadpan and Pete looked away from the others and off into the sky before again looking around at his comrades.
Tuki
 player, 26 posts
Wed 27 Aug 2014
at 22:54
Re: Adventure Continues!
Tuki raises an eyebrow.

"Course you do." she agrees, matter-of-factly. "There's more shadows to hide in."
Storyteller
 GM, 310 posts
Tue 21 Oct 2014
at 21:29
Re: Adventure Continues!
As you discuss your plans for tomorrow, loud, thunderous noises are heard to the north, where the white castle lies. It's almost as if there was a storm coming soon. Either that, or the earth itself came to life and shook in anger. Investigation of your nearby surroundings didn't reveal anything unusual and since it was almost time to go to sleep, you decided to just set up watches and rest.
The night passed by without much further disturbance. The loud thunderous noises returned a couple times, but they were always heard from far away and nothing that would suggest anything dangerous happened near your camp.

The night was cold and the ground not really comfortable, but Janglur's great meal lifted your spirits enough to mitigate that You regain all of your Ability Points. Having packed up the camp, you set out towards the clearly visible White Castle ruin.

But just five minutes of walking later you see smoke on the horizon, indicating a campsite. After coming closer, you see two shady looking men sitting around a campfire upon which a rabbit is roasted, arguing about something. For now, you are hidden and out of sight, but you don't hear what precisely they are talking about from your spot and would have to move in closer for that. Those two don't really look like lumberjacks or adventurers, though they aren't close enough for a proper examination. One is about as big and muscly as Brech, the other one is slim and sit with their back turned to your position. It would probably be better to be cautious here. After all, bandits are supposed to be here. Those two might be simple travelers, but also a forward watch post for Red Fox's gang.

Preview of the revised version came out btw. So things will change a bit, hopefully for the better.
Pete Yondallah
 player, 30 posts
 Halfling Trickster
 Beware my Tricks!
Wed 22 Oct 2014
at 21:36
Re: Adventure Continues!
In terms of sneaking about, Tricksters' abilities are only usable in the city, right?
Storyteller
 GM, 313 posts
Wed 22 Oct 2014
at 21:50
Re: Adventure Continues!
Yes, if you want to be good in both settings, you have to take levels of hunter too.
Pete Yondallah
 player, 32 posts
 Halfling Trickster
 Beware my Tricks!
Thu 30 Oct 2014
at 18:10
Re: Adventure Continues!
Pete turned to Janglur after assessing the situation a bit. He spoke quietly "You've got a quiet step - do you want to take a closer look at these fellows so we have a clue as to who we're dealing with?"
Janglur
 player, 41 posts
Sun 2 Nov 2014
at 01:25
Re: Adventure Continues!
In response to Pete's idea, Janglur's response is to nod and rise to his feet and vanish into the foliage, the only sign of his passage is a slight rustling in the leaves as if there a light wind. He worked his way towards the men as close as he dared, each step he took sure and silent. Peering over a small hillock, he observes the two men and listens to whatever they might be saying.
Should I be rolling for this or...? If so, what?