Bearer of bad news.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: archive 1
Storyteller
 GM, 148 posts
Sun 27 Apr 2014
at 16:03
Bearer of bad news
You were sent to look for Keena and Kerill by the elders of your clan. Their parents perished during a kroll raid and their families need them home. You set out for Bojanov, a small village where they were to meet with Stabor. There was a festival going on and the villagers told you where to find them, an old barn downhill that they told you is haunted.

You went there, told them of the news and left in the morning. Keena and Kerill were deeply sad and quiet, following behind you on the way northwest to the Mirathor forest. Kerill looked devastated, while Keena seemed deep in thought. Then she spoke up: Tiloleria, we are needed back at home, but I loathe to leave that apothecary boy and the lumberjack's son alone in that venture. Besides, our clan owed Stabor a favor and I just know that those bandits are somehow responsible for his death. If we have to repay that debt in any way, it's by bringing his killers to justice.

Looking over her shoulder back to the village, she takes a deep breath, obviously she just wants toget it over with.I want to ask you... would you join those two and help them instead of us? So that the clan's honor is maintained, Stabor is avenged and those two don't meet a quick and nasty end. We are needed back home so we can't. Akhenaten is very skilled in his trade, but he isn't experienced in combat and is very naive when to comes to the world, somewhat lacking in common sense. Brech can protect him if need be, but he isn't a trained fighter, being a lumberjack's son and although he knows the land and is big and strong, there are things he alone can't handle, even with the help of Akhenaten's skills. I know I ask a lot.
Tiloleria
 player, 20 posts
Sun 27 Apr 2014
at 16:50
Re: Bearer of bad news
Tiloleria was looking around cautiously as she picked her way through the forest with characteristic elven grace. You could never tell when there were other watching. Hunt Mistress Lorandil was constantly drumming in that message. Often painfully.

And then she stopped looking around cautiously

"What!" she exclaimed. It had been a long time since she'd been so surprised "You want me to babysit a couple of ... of humans? On some random quest into the middle of nowhere? Because maybe some bandits were maybe... possibly .... responsible for...." she paused. The other thing that Hunt Mistress Lorandil was constantly reminding of ... was to watch her temper.

She leaned against a tree and looked at the two of them

"You're actually serious aren't you? You know I've got obligations at home, and you'll have to fulfill them for me" she kicked a stone in disgust and muttered under her breath "First real mission on my own after graduating and I stuck handholding a couple of infants. They aren't even twenty by the look of them!"

Taking a deep sigh "How long is this going to take?"
Storyteller
 GM, 154 posts
Sun 27 Apr 2014
at 18:47
Re: Bearer of bad news
Keena looks upon, not really surprised by your reaction, but after you show that there is a possibility you will accept she lights up. Kerill just looks at you, confused.

Come on, Til. I will take care of your "obligations". Besides, you were always complaining about how nothing much happens in the forest and wanted to travel. Well, now you have an opportunity. she winks at you with a smile.

How long? Well, a few days I suppose. Maybe a week at most. They were headed to some shepherd on the other side of this valley so he can tell then where to find the bandit leader. Shouldn't take too long if he really has that information.
Tiloleria
 player, 23 posts
Sun 27 Apr 2014
at 19:34
Re: Bearer of bad news
"Ha" Tiloleria said. But with more of a smile now. Keena was correct. Nothing did happen. She could go back, and I. A few more decades and she'd be judged ready to travel the world. Or she go go now "a few days you say. I'm willing to wager quite a lot it isn't" nothing worth doing took a short time "Very well I will do this for the Clan, Keena. And if I'm not back by next vernal equinox, send trackers!" She really doubted it would be over quickly, but with any luck she was wrong

"So you know I'm not the world's greatest tracker. How am I going to find them" that was another thing Hunt Mistress Lorendil constantly complained about. Still few complained about her devotion to thee martial arts
Storyteller
 GM, 155 posts
Sun 27 Apr 2014
at 19:47
Re: Bearer of bad news
See, I knew you will cave in eventually. Keena smiled, victorious and Kerill also seemed a bit happier. Give them my regards when you see them. Kerill said.

Then Keena answered your question. How to find them? Well, you know how about ten minutes ago the road split into northwest and northeast and we went northwest? Brech told me they are going by the northeastern fork, since that should take near the old man's chalet. So just follow the road, if you are quick enough you can catch up to them.
Tiloleria
 player, 24 posts
Sun 27 Apr 2014
at 20:03
Re: Bearer of bad news
Well Tiloreia could do that! One thing a warrior knew how to do was run. As Aranath, her weapon master told her, 'when you can no longer run, the battle is over and you have lost'. Warriors ran to battle, they ran from battle, they ran in the battle!

"Give Gerindar a kiss from me" she mockingly said. Keena was sweet on the handsome druid, and the last thing she would do is give him a kiss from a rival for his affection. Although perhaps that was an obligation. Tiloria chuckled quietly, there were definite perks to this

And with that she set off in that dog trot. Run a hundred paces, walk a hundred paces. Run a hundred yards, walk a hundred yards. The distance eating lope of an Elven warrioress in the strength of her youth.
Storyteller
 GM, 160 posts
Sun 27 Apr 2014
at 20:41
Re: Bearer of bad news
Keena just laughs at your suggestion. Fine then, but afterwards I think I will take advantage of your absence somewhat. I am sure you won't mind. keena throws you a villainous smile and she and Kerill say their farewells to you.

You set off earlier then they, so you can still catch up with them easily. And after a while of walking northeast, you come upon something that used to be a bridge some time ago, but now it lies in ruins. The river must have swept it aside since it's dangerously overflowing. Looking around you see two humans you saw at the barn earlier, Akhenaten and Brech. Brech is climbing across a felled tree and Akhenaten appears to be cornered by three wolves on the other side.

---> Switch to Adventure Continues!