Why is it so.   Posted by Tinker Tailor.Group: 0
Tinker Tailor
 GM, 151 posts
Wed 12 Jun 2013
at 05:42
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Grumpleskin (msg # 84):

Palmeter grinned As an prior assignment task, what would you ask for assessing the quality of weapons.
Grumpleskin
 player, 16 posts
 From No-where
 to greatness
Wed 12 Jun 2013
at 05:50
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Tinker Tailor (msg # 85):

The Dwarf returns his grin.

How about a Fletchers Kit? That will at least enable me to assess and repair if necessary the ammunition. I am not much of an expert with the rest, just using them. And Armour... he added as an afterthought.
Tinker Tailor
 GM, 152 posts
Wed 12 Jun 2013
at 22:47
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Grumpleskin (msg # 86):

Certainly Master Dwarf the Fletchers kit for two days arrow/bolt assessment
Grumpleskin
 player, 17 posts
 From No-where
 to greatness
Wed 12 Jun 2013
at 23:10
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Tinker Tailor (msg # 87):

Agreed then. If you don't mind, I will camp outside of the city at night. Staying within the walls makes me claustrophobic! Will there be anything else, or shall I get started right away?
Tinker Tailor
 GM, 153 posts
Thu 13 Jun 2013
at 00:12
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Grumpleskin (msg # 88):

Actually Master.... Palmeter prompts There has already been an agent for the Darkling’s operating in the area Perhaps setting up a lean-to on a roof of tower would circumvented the need to camp outside

ooc am waiting for the group to return
Grumpleskin
 player, 18 posts
 From No-where
 to greatness
Thu 13 Jun 2013
at 00:23
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Tinker Tailor (msg # 89):

That sounds reasonable, though I would also like to assist in hunting any Darklings around too if I get the chance. Saves buying food, heh?

It is hard to tell if he is serious, but he does not seem the joking sort.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:35, Thu 13 June 2013.

Tinker Tailor
 GM, 157 posts
Thu 13 Jun 2013
at 23:59
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Grumpleskin (msg # 90):

The Lieutenant isn't sure about the Dwarves comment, about saving on food decided not to enquire. Corporal Dobs will show you to the armoury he advised before picking up some papers and glancing at them

You're escorted to a separate building this contains a variety of crossbows and bolt. If you please we've thousands of bolts to assess he points to several shelves that span the length of the building upon these bundles of bolts are stacked 5 high.

Setting about the task with skills few may have the day passes quickly, and darkness prevents you from plying your skill to its full extent. Dobs shows you to the roof where a lean-too has been setup, asking if there's anything else he can assist you with.
you with.
Grumpleskin
 player, 20 posts
 From No-where
 to greatness
Fri 14 Jun 2013
at 00:16
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Tinker Tailor (msg # 91):

Not being hungry, the Dwarf camps out and sleeps well. It has been a while since he has had such luxurious sleeping quarters, but he instinctively sets up a perimeter tripwire with his cord tired to his toe anyway. Surveying his surroundings by the city lights, he has a small bite to eat and secures his possessions for the night. Even so, within 6 hours, he is awake again, fully refreshed and has his things packed up.

As it is still dark, he decides to explore the city surroundings, and heads for the north gate, where he came in.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:14, Fri 14 June 2013.

Tinker Tailor
 GM, 159 posts
Fri 14 Jun 2013
at 02:34
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Grumpleskin (msg # 92):

A ladder was provided to allow you access to the roof as you climb down you glance towards the river noticing the dock area is busy; torches illuminate the area. Weaving your way through the dark streets you pass by several buildings whose occupants busied themselves with nightly projects.
Grumpleskin
 player, 21 posts
 From No-where
 to greatness
Fri 14 Jun 2013
at 03:07
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Tinker Tailor (msg # 93):

Doing his best to remain out of sight, Grumpleskin moves towards the dock to try to work out what is going on.
Tinker Tailor
 GM, 160 posts
Fri 14 Jun 2013
at 03:30
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Grumpleskin (msg # 94):

Ducking down a shadowy alley you watch as wagon after wagon arrives unloads crates, boxes and barrels then heads out. These are loaded aboard a host of ships at various points along the dock.
Grumpleskin
 player, 22 posts
 From No-where
 to greatness
Fri 14 Jun 2013
at 03:36
Re: Why is it so.
After a while of watching, he will approach a worker if, and only if, he sees nothing suspicious.

Aye, laddie, mind if I ask what the goods are and where they are going?

This message was last edited by the player at 09:08, Fri 14 June 2013.

Tinker Tailor
 GM, 163 posts
Sun 16 Jun 2013
at 23:49
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Grumpleskin (msg # 96):

Moving out or the shadows you approach the closest group of labourers. These are heavy set types used to hard physical labour. The closest pair are manhandling a chest; they give you a cursory glance. All manner of stuff not sure, not bout to open them up and see, this stuff is headed Downriver.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:53, Mon 17 June 2013.

Grumpleskin
 player, 23 posts
 From No-where
 to greatness
Sun 16 Jun 2013
at 23:53
Re: Why is it so.
Down river and out to sea, I presume. Anything going upriver?

Guessing the laborers don't know much, he asked to be directed to the vessel captain, to whom he repeats the question.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:00, Mon 17 June 2013.

Tinker Tailor
 GM, 164 posts
Mon 17 Jun 2013
at 00:55
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Grumpleskin (msg # 98):

Aye that they are, not sure if there be any willing to risk headed upriver. The captain be abead an not to be distrubed for two hour yet

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:11, Mon 17 June 2013.

Grumpleskin
 player, 29 posts
 From No-where
 to greatness
Mon 17 Jun 2013
at 06:21
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Tinker Tailor (msg # 99):

Grumpleskin wanders along the dock, wistfully looking for his old boat. Despite it having been sold, or in the process thereof, he could not help but wish for one last trip on her, hunting Darklings, no less!

He continues to wander around the docks, asking about what cargoes are headed where, and seeing if he can find anyone headed upstream. He also asks one chap why so many vessels are loading at night. While walking between workers, he winds his crossbows winch as he walks. It is kind of therapeutic, and one can never be too prepared...
Tinker Tailor
 GM, 171 posts
Mon 17 Jun 2013
at 06:29
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Grumpleskin (msg # 100):

Your meandering, questions and activity, has an impact on the dockhands, who eye you warily. It isn't too long before six guardsmen approach, A corporal raising his hand Master Dwarf would you mind losing your crossbow, it's a little unnerving for folks here about.
Grumpleskin
 player, 30 posts
 From No-where
 to greatness
Mon 17 Jun 2013
at 06:33
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Tinker Tailor (msg # 101):

Ah, the good folks have not'in to fear. I keep it for the troublemakers and Darkling, I do. But because ya ask, I will stow it over my shoulder and oot of the way. Better?

But look, while you are here, do ya mind tellin me why everyone is workin so hard all night? Most of the lads should be sleeping now!


He puts the crossbow, string now taunt but unloaded, over his shoulder and on his back, along with the pickaxes.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:34, Mon 17 June 2013.

Tinker Tailor
 GM, 172 posts
Mon 17 Jun 2013
at 06:42
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Grumpleskin (msg # 102):

Aye thankee, Tis cause of tha decision reached in the Gathering. he advises as seven bells similtaneously ring out from the host of ships along the riverfront.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:47, Mon 17 June 2013.

Grumpleskin
 player, 31 posts
 From No-where
 to greatness
Mon 17 Jun 2013
at 06:50
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Tinker Tailor (msg # 103):

The decision? The gathering? Do tell, if you please. Looks like some of those ships are leaving, or is that an alarm? In the case of the latter, we can continue this after I assist you in dealing with the alarms cause...
Tinker Tailor
 GM, 173 posts
Mon 17 Jun 2013
at 06:54
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Grumpleskin (msg # 104):

The guard grins at your lack of nautical knowledge nay Master Dwarf tis no an alarm tis but standard timing on all ships. ooc its 7:30 your late for work
Grumpleskin
 player, 32 posts
 From No-where
 to greatness
Mon 17 Jun 2013
at 07:01
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Tinker Tailor (msg # 105):

Oh, not lack of nautical knowledge, just not keeping track of time back on land. Back to work I suppose.

He heads back to the armory, and sorts bolts according to quality for another day. During the day, when he sees the sergeant overseeing his work, he asks about the gathering and the decision they made, and why.

ooc, nautical bells are never used to keep track of time on earth! They are used for signalling in poor weather...5 or more short blasts (bells in those days) is used to signal that you are unsure of ones intentions!
Tinker Tailor
 GM, 174 posts
Mon 17 Jun 2013
at 07:16
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Grumpleskin (msg # 106):

ooc Bells have been used since 1917 to indicate the passage of time, one through eight bells http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship%27s_bell. This also would have been assimilated by humans from the Aeldar races of mainitaing time.

About midday the Corporal appears informing you that the Lieutenant Palmeter suggests you attend a debrief in his office. Of course you'll need to surrender your weapons first.
Grumpleskin
 player, 34 posts
 From No-where
 to greatness
Mon 17 Jun 2013
at 07:21
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Tinker Tailor (msg # 107):

Familiar with the procedure, Grumpleskin heads for the office at the appointed time.

A debrief suggests that you have some real work for me. I be lookin forward to it! I take it I can keep the Fletcher's kit I have bin usin to do the work, aye?
Tinker Tailor
 GM, 177 posts
Mon 17 Jun 2013
at 07:26
Re: Why is it so.
In reply to Grumpleskin (msg # 108):

Tha wer the agreement. Master Dwarf. Affore ye enter the office tis as before, if you have no objections I'll be asking fer your weapons.

ooc post in the Much Ado thread